Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reproducibility of results in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
Topic: reproducibility of results
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Hu P, Chu G, Zhu G, Yang H, Luthringer D, Prins G, et al. Multiplexed quantum dot labeling of activated c-Met signaling in castration-resistant human prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28670 pubmed publisher..MQDL is a powerful tool for assessing biomarker expression and it offers molecular insights into cancer progression at both the cell and tissue level with high degree of sensitivity. ..
- Inaba K, Branco B, Menaker J, Scalea T, Crane S, Dubose J, et al. Evaluation of multidetector computed tomography for penetrating neck injury: a prospective multicenter study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;72:576-83; discussion 583-4; quiz 803-4 pubmed publisher..If imaging is required, MDCTA is a highly sensitive and specific screening modality for evaluating the vascular and aerodigestive structures in the neck. II, prospective study. ..
- Shenoy D, Packianathan S, Chen A, Vijayakumar S. Do African-American men need separate prostate cancer screening guidelines?. BMC Urol. 2016;16:19 pubmed publisher..Given the above, we conclude that separate prostate cancer screening guidelines are greatly necessary to help save the lives of African Americans. ..
- Shivkumar K, Ellenbogen K, Hummel J, Miller J, Steinberg J. Acute termination of human atrial fibrillation by identification and catheter ablation of localized rotors and sources: first multicenter experience of focal impulse and rotor modulation (FIRM) ablation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012;23:1277-85 pubmed publisher..Brief targeted FIRM-guided ablation at a priori identified sites terminated or substantially organized AF in all cases prior to any other ablation. ..
- Ouyang Y, Heussen F, Keane P, Sadda S, Walsh A. The retinal disease screening study: prospective comparison of nonmydriatic fundus photography and optical coherence tomography for detection of retinal irregularities. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:1460-8 pubmed publisher..It is likely that OCT will be added to photography screening in the near future for chorioretinal disease. ..
- Kulig K, Chang Y, Winiarski S, Bashford G. Ultrasound-Based Tendon Micromorphology Predicts Mechanical Characteristics of Degenerated Tendons. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42:664-73 pubmed publisher..65, p = 0.05) in degenerated tendons, but not healthy tendons. This is the first study relating the mechanical characteristics of degenerated human Achilles tendon using a non-invasive micro-morphology analysis approach. ..
- Wood J, Kaminski B, Kollman C, Beck r, Hall C, Yun J, et al. Accuracy and precision of the Axis-Shield Afinion hemoglobin A1c measurement device. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2012;6:380-6 pubmed
- Shibayama K, Mihara H, Jilaihawi H, Berdejo J, Harada K, Itabashi Y, et al. 3D Assessment of Features Associated With Transvalvular Aortic Regurgitation After TAVR: A Real-Time 3D TEE Study. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:114-23 pubmed publisher..Additionally, effective area oversizing was associated with paravalvular AR. ..
- Slomka P, Nishina H, Berman D, Kang X, Akincioglu C, Friedman J, et al. "Motion-frozen" display and quantification of myocardial perfusion. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:1128-34 pubmed..Such processing of gated MPS appears to improve the effective resolution of images. Initial evaluation indicates that it may improve the accuracy of gated MPS in detection of coronary artery disease. ..
- Kumar R, Macey P, Woo M, Alger J, Harper R. Elevated mean diffusivity in widespread brain regions in congenital central hypoventilation syndrome. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006;24:1252-8 pubmed..Other altered regions mediate additional physiological characteristics impaired in CCHS. ..
- Slomka P, Le Meunier L, Hayes S, Acampa W, Oba M, Haemer G, et al. Comparison of myocardial perfusion 82Rb PET performed with CT- and transmission CT-based attenuation correction. J Nucl Med. 2008;49:1992-8 pubmed publisher..The overall agreement in visual QC of PET/CT alignment between the observers was 72.2% There are significant differences between TCT and CT AC applied to cardiac PET/CT studies, which remain after alignment of CT maps to emission data. ..
- Ravindranath M, Pham T, El Awar N, Kaneku H, Terasaki P. Anti-HLA-E mAb 3D12 mimics MEM-E/02 in binding to HLA-B and HLA-C alleles: Web-tools validate the immunogenic epitopes of HLA-E recognized by the antibodies. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:423-30 pubmed publisher..It also postulates and clarifies that amino acid substitution on or near the binding domains may account for the lack of cross reactivity of 3D12 and MEM-E/02 with HLA-A, HLA-F and HLA-G molecules. ..
- Castruita M, Casero D, Karpowicz S, Kropat J, Vieler A, Hsieh S, et al. Systems biology approach in Chlamydomonas reveals connections between copper nutrition and multiple metabolic steps. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1273-92 pubmed publisher..Forty percent of the targets are previously uncharacterized proteins, indicating considerable potential for new discovery in the biology of copper. ..
- Donahue T, Tran L, Hill R, Li Y, Kovochich A, Calvopina J, et al. Integrative survival-based molecular profiling of human pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:1352-63 pubmed publisher..03) on a separate cohort (n = 42). These pathways and related genes may represent putative clinical biomarkers and possible targets of individualized therapy in the distinct patient subgroups they define. ..
- Moghimi S, Hosseini H, Riddle J, Lee G, Bitrian E, Giaconi J, et al. Measurement of optic disc size and rim area with spectral-domain OCT and scanning laser ophthalmoscopy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4519-30 pubmed publisher..Rim area measurements from HRT were larger than from SD-OCT, likely a result of different definitions for the reference plane and differences in disc area measurements. Disc parameters from the two devices are not interchangeable. ..
- Arsanjani R, Xu Y, Hayes S, Fish M, Lemley M, Gerlach J, et al. Comparison of fully automated computer analysis and visual scoring for detection of coronary artery disease from myocardial perfusion SPECT in a large population. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:221-8 pubmed publisher..For detection of ?70% stenoses based on angiographic criteria, a fully automated computer analysis of NC and AC MPS data is equivalent for per-patient and can be superior for per-vessel analysis, when compared with expert analysis. ..
- Liu S, Li D, Park R, Liu R, Xia Z, Guo J, et al. PET imaging of colorectal and breast cancer by targeting EphB4 receptor with 64Cu-labeled hAb47 and hAb131 antibodies. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1094-100 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these newly developed probes may have important applications in other cancer types overexpressing EphB4. ..
- Lendon J, Ahluwalia S, Walling A, Lorenz K, Oluwatola O, Anhang Price R, et al. Measuring Experience With End-of-Life Care: A Systematic Literature Review. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:904-15.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Future work should focus on standardizing surveys and administration methods so that experiences of care can be reliably measured and compared across care settings. ..
- Olafsen T, Betting D, Kenanova V, Salazar F, Clarke P, Said J, et al. Recombinant anti-CD20 antibody fragments for small-animal PET imaging of B-cell lymphomas. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:1500-8 pubmed publisher..These new immunoPET agents may prove useful for imaging CD20-positive lymphomas in preclinical models and in humans with NHL. ..
- DeUgarte C, Li M, Surrey M, Danzer H, Hill D, DeCherney A. Accuracy of FISH analysis in predicting chromosomal status in patients undergoing preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1049-54 pubmed publisher..FISH analysis offers a PPV of 83% and NPV of 81% when evaluating a single blastomere in conjunction with PGD. FISH errors and mosaicism are primarily responsible for the errors associated with FISH analysis in PGD. ..
- Tang M, Wang L, Koch D, Li Y, Huang D. Intraocular lens power calculation after previous myopic laser vision correction based on corneal power measured by Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012;38:589-94 pubmed publisher..78 D, P<.05) methods were worse. Slit-scanning tomography gave an MAE of 1.28 D (P>.05). The predictive accuracy of OCT-based IOL power calculation was equal to or better than current standards in post-laser vision correction eyes. ..
- Bhaumik S, Lewis X, Gambhir S. Optical imaging of Renilla luciferase, synthetic Renilla luciferase, and firefly luciferase reporter gene expression in living mice. J Biomed Opt. 2004;9:578-86 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that hRluc should be a useful primary reporter gene with high sensitivity when used alone or in conjunction with other bioluminescence reporter genes for imaging in living rodents. ..
- Wu T, Teslaa T, Kalim S, French C, Moghadam S, Wall R, et al. Photothermal nanoblade for large cargo delivery into mammalian cells. Anal Chem. 2011;83:1321-7 pubmed publisher..Overall, the photothermal nanoblade is a new approach for delivering difficult cargo into mammalian cells. ..
- Masket S, Masket S. Simple regression formula for intraocular lens power adjustment in eyes requiring cataract surgery after excimer laser photoablation. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006;32:430-4 pubmed..The weakness of the current method is that knowledge of the amount of prior laser vision correction is necessary. ..
- Salimnia H, Fairfax M, Lephart P, Schreckenberger P, DesJarlais S, Johnson J, et al. Evaluation of the FilmArray Blood Culture Identification Panel: Results of a Multicenter Controlled Trial. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:687-98 pubmed publisher..2%), which achieved 98.3% sensitivity after resolution of an unavoidable phenotypic error. The sensitivity and specificity for vanA/B and blaKPC were 100%; those for mecA were 98.4 and 98.3%, respectively. ..
- Nerenz R, Butch A, Woldemariam G, Yarbrough M, Grenache D, Gronowski A. Estimating the hCGÎ²cf in urine during pregnancy. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:282-6 pubmed publisher..A correlation exists between serum and urine hCG concentrations but this correlation is variable. hCGÎ²cf concentrations can be estimated using two automated assay reagent platforms that differ in their recognition of hCGÎ²cf. ..
- Kurmangaliyev Y, Ali S, Nuzhdin S. Genetic Determinants of RNA Editing Levels of ADAR Targets in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:391-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, colocalized editing sites are often regulated by same loci. Similar to expression and splicing QTL studies, the characterization of edQTLs will greatly expand our understanding of cis-regulatory evolution of gene expression. ..
- Francis B, Varma R, Vigen C, Lai M, Winarko J, Nguyen B, et al. Population and high-risk group screening for glaucoma: the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:6257-64 pubmed publisher..However, a combination of vertical C/D ratio, HVF, and IOP provides the best balance of sensitivity/specificity and is likely to provide the highest yield in glaucoma screening programs. ..
- Li Y, Tang M, Zhang X, Salaroli C, Ramos J, Huang D. Pachymetric mapping with Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010;36:826-31 pubmed publisher..Repeatability was better with pupil-centered scans than with corneal vertex-centered scans. Ultrasound pachymetry, Fourier-domain OCT, and scanning-slit tomography should not be used interchangeably for CCT assessment. ..
- Akincioglu C, Berman D, Nishina H, Kavanagh P, Slomka P, Abidov A, et al. Assessment of diastolic function using 16-frame 99mTc-sestamibi gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: normal values. J Nucl Med. 2005;46:1102-8 pubmed..However, due to the dependency of PFR on SFx parameters, sex, HR, and age, TTPF appears to be a stable and more useful parameter with this approach. The clinical usefulness of these findings requires further study. ..
- Foland L, Altshuler L, Sugar C, Lee A, Leow A, Townsend J, et al. Increased volume of the amygdala and hippocampus in bipolar patients treated with lithium. Neuroreport. 2008;19:221-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help to explain previous inconsistencies in the bipolar literature. ..
- Li Y, Image I, Xu W, Tang Y, Image I. Classification, prediction, and verification of the regioselectivity of fungal polyketide synthase product template domains. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22764-73 pubmed publisher..Using the assays developed for AptA-PT, the regioselectivities of additional PT domains were investigated and matched to those predicted by the phylogenetic classifications. ..
- Ouyang Y, Keane P, Sadda S, Walsh A. Detection of cystoid macular edema with three-dimensional optical coherence tomography versus fluorescein angiography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5213-8 pubmed publisher..No significant associations between CME detection and lens examination or disease diagnosis were observed. In this study, 3D-OCT was more sensitive and had better intergrader agreement than did FA for the detection of CME. ..
- Leon S, Ramos L, Vargas S, Kojima N, Perez D, Caceres C, et al. Laboratory Evaluation of a Dual-Path Platform Assay for Rapid Point-of-Care HIV and Syphilis Testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:492-4 pubmed publisher..7%. For visual T. pallidum antibody detection, the test sensitivity was 94.7% and the specificity was 100.0%; with the electronic reader, the sensitivity was 94.7% and the specificity was 99.7%. ..
- Wang D, Bi X, Avants B, Meng T, Zuehlsdorff S, Detre J. Estimation of perfusion and arterial transit time in myocardium using free-breathing myocardial arterial spin labeling with navigator-echo. Magn Reson Med. 2010;64:1289-95 pubmed publisher..The capability for noninvasive, free-breathing assessment of myocardial blood flow using ASL may offer an alternative approach to first-pass perfusion MRI for clinical evaluation of patients with coronary artery disease. ..
- Tan C, Ouyang Y, Ruiz H, Sadda S. Diurnal variation of choroidal thickness in normal, healthy subjects measured by spectral domain optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:261-6 pubmed publisher..The amplitude of variation varies with morning baseline CT, and is correlated with age, axial length, refractive error, and change in systolic blood pressure. ..
- Ianchulev T, Pham P, Makarov V, Francis B, Minckler D. Peristat: a computer-based perimetry self-test for cost-effective population screening of glaucoma. Curr Eye Res. 2005;30:1-6 pubmed..Peristat is a reliable self-test perimetry system that demonstrates high clinical utility for the detection of visual-field defects from glaucoma. Peristat could be a valuable public health tool for cost-effective screening of glaucoma. ..
- Lee Y, Lai K, Sadrzadeh S. Simultaneous detection of 19 drugs of abuse on dried urine spot by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1118-1124 pubmed publisher..The benefits of our method are apparent in reducing turnaround time and test costs that result in better patient care. ..
- Turner K, Deshpande V, Beyter D, Koga T, Rusert J, Lee C, et al. Extrachromosomal oncogene amplification drives tumour evolution and genetic heterogeneity. Nature. 2017;543:122-125 pubmed publisher..We validated these predictions by quantitative analyses of cancer samples. The results presented here suggest that ecDNA contributes to accelerated evolution in cancer. ..
- Shammas H, Chan S. Precision of biometry, keratometry, and refractive measurements with a partial coherence interferometry-keratometry device. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010;36:1474-8 pubmed publisher..06 mm) and was relatively high for K readings with higher fluctuations (95% LoA, 0.55 D) and for ACD (95% LoA, 0.2 mm). The precision of astigmatism and cylinder axis was high in flat corneas and relatively low in steeper corneas. ..
- Lee S, Stetson P, Ruiz García H, Heussen F, Sadda S. Automated characterization of pigment epithelial detachment by optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:164-70 pubmed publisher..Automated classification and quantification of PEDs may be a useful tool in future studies for stratifying PEDs according to risk and possibly predicting the risk of advanced AMD. ..
- Berman D, Kiat H, Friedman J, Wang F, Van Train K, Matzer L, et al. Separate acquisition rest thallium-201/stress technetium-99m sestamibi dual-isotope myocardial perfusion single-photon emission computed tomography: a clinical validation study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993;22:1455-64 pubmed..This approach provides an excellent method for the combined assessment of stress myocardial perfusion and myocardial viability. ..
- Armstrong J, Hempel G, Koling S, Chan L, FISHER T, Meiselman H, et al. Antibody against poly(ethylene glycol) adversely affects PEG-asparaginase therapy in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients. Cancer. 2007;110:103-11 pubmed..Screening and monitoring for anti-PEG may allow identification of patients for whom a modified dosing strategy or use of a non-PEGylated drug would be appropriate. ..
- Halpern B, Dahlbom M, Auerbach M, Schiepers C, Fueger B, Weber W, et al. Optimizing imaging protocols for overweight and obese patients: a lutetium orthosilicate PET/CT study. J Nucl Med. 2005;46:603-7 pubmed..High photon attenuation and scatter in obese patients affect image quality. The purpose of the current study was to optimize lutetium orthosilicate (LSO) PET image acquisition protocols in patients weighing > or =91 kg (200 lb)...
- Imani F, Agopian V, Auerbach M, Walter M, Imani F, Benz M, et al. 18F-FDOPA PET and PET/CT accurately localize pheochromocytomas. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:513-9 pubmed publisher..Herein, we investigated the accuracy of PET using 3,4-dihydroxy-6-(18)F-fluoro-phenylalanine ((18)F-FDOPA), an amino acid transporter substrate, as an independent marker for detection of benign and malignant pheochromocytomas...
- Papaioannou T, Preyer N, Fang Q, Brightwell A, Carnohan M, Cottone G, et al. Effects of fiber-optic probe design and probe-to-target distance on diffuse reflectance measurements of turbid media: an experimental and computational study at 337 nm. Appl Opt. 2004;43:2846-60 pubmed..The findings can be applied toward optimization of fiber-optic probe designs for quantitative optical spectroscopy of turbid media including biological tissues. ..
- Allen Auerbach M, Yeom K, Park J, Phelps M, Czernin J. Standard PET/CT of the chest during shallow breathing is inadequate for comprehensive staging of lung cancer. J Nucl Med. 2006;47:298-301 pubmed..None of the missed nodules demonstrated 18F-FDG uptake. Acquisition of standard PET/CT chest images during shallow breathing is inadequate for comprehensive cancer staging. ..
- Schulman A, Howard L, Tay K, Tsivian E, Sze C, Amling C, et al. Validation of the 2015 prostate cancer grade groups for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes in a shared equal-access health system. Cancer. 2017;123:4122-4129 pubmed publisher..The authors investigated the utility of biopsy GG for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes after radical prostatectomy in an equal-access health system...
- Wang Y, Chang R, Waters H, McKemy D, Liman E. The nociceptor ion channel TRPA1 is potentiated and inactivated by permeating calcium ions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32691-703 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have further clarified the mechanisms of potentiation and inactivation of TRPA1 using the D918A pore mutant, an important tool for investigating the contribution of Ca(2+) influx through TRPA1 to nociceptive signaling. ..
- Fan L, Mac M, Frishberg D, Fan X, Dhall D, Balzer B, et al. Interobserver and intraobserver variability in evaluating vascular invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:1556-61 pubmed publisher..This may have a significant impact on prognostic assessment and therapeutic decision making. Our observations indicate the need for improved definition for vascular invasion in HCC. ..
- Spencer C, Petrovic I, Fatemi S. Current thyroglobulin autoantibody (TgAb) assays often fail to detect interfering TgAb that can result in the reporting of falsely low/undetectable serum Tg IMA values for patients with differentiated thyroid cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:1283-91 pubmed publisher..TgAb methods were too qualitatively and quantitatively variable to establish conversion factors that would allow a change in method without disrupting serial TgAb monitoring. ..
- Isikman S, Greenbaum A, Luo W, Coskun A, Ozcan A. Giga-pixel lensfree holographic microscopy and tomography using color image sensors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45044 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the proof-of-concept of this lensfree optical tomographic microscopy platform on a color CMOS image sensor by creating tomograms of micro-particles as well as a wild-type C. elegans nematode. ..
- Ramanarayanan V, Goldstein L, Narayanan S. Spatio-temporal articulatory movement primitives during speech production: extraction, interpretation, and validation. J Acoust Soc Am. 2013;134:1378-94 pubmed publisher..Such a framework might aid the understanding of longstanding issues in speech production such as motor control and coarticulation. ..
- Nguyen G, Hwang B, Zhang Y, Monahan J, Davis G, Lee Y, et al. Novel biomarkers of arterial and venous ischemia in microvascular flaps. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71628 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that Prol1 and Vcsa1 may be specific indicators of venous congestion and allow clinicians to both diagnose and successfully treat microvascular complications before irreversible tissue damage and flap loss occurs. ..
- Park S, Goeken N, Lee H, Bolan R, Dube M, Lee H. Developing high-throughput HIV incidence assay with pyrosequencing platform. J Virol. 2014;88:2977-90 pubmed publisher..The high-throughput genomic HIV incidence marks a significant step toward determining incidence from a single measure in cross-sectional surveys...
- Chen C, Mahjoubfar A, Tai L, Blaby I, Huang A, Niazi K, et al. Deep Learning in Label-free Cell Classification. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21471 pubmed publisher..This system opens up a new path to data-driven phenotypic diagnosis and better understanding of the heterogeneous gene expressions in cells. ..
- Rizvi A, Hartaigh B, Danad I, Han D, Lee J, Gransar H, et al. Diffuse coronary artery disease among other atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by coronary computed tomography angiography for predicting coronary vessel-specific ischemia by fractional flow reserve. Atherosclerosis. 2017;258:145-151 pubmed publisher..Conversely, adding log percent PD to the base model of MLD, PR, and LAP improved cNRI by 0.21 (95% CI: 0.01-0.41, p < 0.001). Accounting for diffuse CAD may help improve the accuracy of CCTA for detecting vessel-specific ischemia. ..
- Singhal A, Nagarajan R, Hinkin C, Kumar R, Sayre J, Elderkin Thompson V, et al. Two-dimensional MR spectroscopy of minimal hepatic encephalopathy and neuropsychological correlates in vivo. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;32:35-43 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that depletions of myo-inositol, choline and taurine with respect to creatine correlate with measures of neuropsychological impairment. ..
- Langfelder P, Luo R, Oldham M, Horvath S. Is my network module preserved and reproducible?. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1001057 pubmed publisher..Data, R software and accompanying tutorials can be downloaded from the following webpage: http://www.genetics.ucla.edu/labs/horvath/CoexpressionNetwork/ModulePreservation. ..
- Hariri A, Velaga S, Girach A, Ip M, Le P, Lam B, et al. Measurement and Reproducibility of Preserved Ellipsoid Zone Area and Preserved Retinal Pigment Epithelium Area in Eyes With Choroideremia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:110-117 pubmed publisher..These variables would be potential anatomic outcome measures for CHM clinical trials and could be studied and tracked longitudinally in choroideremia. ..
- Lei J, Durbin M, Shi Y, Uji A, Balasubramanian S, Baghdasaryan E, et al. Repeatability and Reproducibility of Superficial Macular Retinal Vessel Density Measurements Using Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography En Face Images. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:1092-1098 pubmed publisher..The repeatability and reproducibility of quantitative metrics from optical coherence tomographic angiography (OCTA) must be assessed before these data can be confidently interpreted in clinical research and practice...
- Shusta E, Boado R, Pardridge W. Vascular proteomics and subtractive antibody expression cloning. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:75-82 pubmed..This subtractive expression cloning methodology provides a new approach to "vascular proteomics" and to the detection of proteins specifically expressed at the microvasculature, including membrane proteins. ..
- Sharif S, Goldberg B. Detection of IgE antibodies to bacitracin using a commercially available streptavidin-linked solid phase in a patient with anaphylaxis to triple antibiotic ointment. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;98:563-6 pubmed..We demonstrate the presence of IgE antibodies to bacitracin in a patient with anaphylaxis to triple antibiotic ointment using a recently described procedure for producing custom allergen solid phases for immunoassay. ..
- Matynia A, Anagnostaras S, Wiltgen B, Lacuesta M, Fanselow M, Silva A. A high through-put reverse genetic screen identifies two genes involved in remote memory in mice. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2121 pubmed publisher..This study identifies some of the first genes required for remote memory, and suggests that screens of targeted mutants may be an efficient strategy to identify molecular requirements for this process. ..
- Rosas Salaroli C, Li Y, Zhang X, Tang M, Branco Ramos J, Allemann N, et al. Repeatability of laser in situ keratomileusis flap thickness measurement by Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011;37:649-54 pubmed publisher..Drs. Rosas Salaroli, Zhang, Branco Ramos, and Allemann have no financial or proprietary interest in any material or method mentioned. Additional disclosures are found in the footnotes. ..
- Xia L, Cram J, Chen T, Fuhrman J, Sun F. Accurate genome relative abundance estimation based on shotgun metagenomic reads. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27992 pubmed publisher..It will be increasingly useful as an accurate and robust tool for abundance estimation with the growing size of read sets and the expanding database of reference genomes. ..
- Olch A. Evaluation of the accuracy of 3DVH software estimates of dose to virtual ion chamber and film in composite IMRT QA. Med Phys. 2012;39:81-6 pubmed publisher..This is also a necessary although not sufficient condition for validation of the accuracy of 3DVH predictions of the 3D dose using beam-by-beam measurements. ..
- Zhang M, Yang L, Ren J, Ahlgren N, Fuhrman J, Sun F. Prediction of virus-host infectious association by supervised learning methods. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:60 pubmed publisher..The maximum likelihood approach can be used to estimate the fraction of true infectious associated viruses in viral tagging experiments. ..
- Hattori N, Bergsneider M, Wu H, Glenn T, Vespa P, Hovda D, et al. Accuracy of a method using short inhalation of (15)O-O(2) for measuring cerebral oxygen extraction fraction with PET in healthy humans. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:765-70 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to test the accuracy of the short-inhalation technique for estimating OEF in healthy human volunteers...
- Lingala S, Sutton B, Miquel M, Nayak K. Recommendations for real-time speech MRI. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016;43:28-44 pubmed publisher..We list pointers to open-source software that facilitate implementation. We conclude by discussing current open challenges in the methodological aspects of RT-MRI of speech. ..
- Seeram N, Aviram M, Zhang Y, Henning S, Feng L, Dreher M, et al. Comparison of antioxidant potency of commonly consumed polyphenol-rich beverages in the United States. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:1415-22 pubmed publisher..Although in vitro antioxidant potency does not prove in vivo biological activity, there is also consistent clinical evidence of antioxidant potency for the most potent beverages including both PJ and red wine. ..
- Zimman A, Chen S, Komisopoulou E, Titz B, Martinez Pinna R, Kafi A, et al. Activation of aortic endothelial cells by oxidized phospholipids: a phosphoproteomic analysis. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:2812-24 pubmed publisher..Many changes in protein phosphorylation induced by Ox-PAPC are reported here for the first time and provide new insights into the mechanism of activation by oxidized lipids, including phosphorylation-based signal transduction. ..
- Arah O, Hoekstra J, Bos A, Lombarts K. New tools for systematic evaluation of teaching qualities of medical faculty: results of an ongoing multi-center survey. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25983 pubmed publisher..They are feasible for use in medical residencies, can detect between-faculty differences and supply potentially useful information for improving graduate medical education. ..
- Furlotte N, Eskin E, Eyheramendy S. Genome-wide association mapping with longitudinal data. Genet Epidemiol. 2012;36:463-71 pubmed publisher..The software implementing this method may be found at http://genetics.cs.ucla.edu/longGWAS/. ..
- Petrick N, Kim H, Clunie D, Borradaile K, Ford R, Zeng R, et al. Comparison of 1D, 2D, and 3D nodule sizing methods by radiologists for spherical and complex nodules on thoracic CT phantom images. Acad Radiol. 2014;21:30-40 pubmed publisher..0-mm data. The study shows that radiologist-controlled 3D volumetric lesion sizing can not only achieve smaller bias but also achieve similar or smaller variability compared to 1D sizing, especially for complex lesion shapes. ..
- Sabatti C, Service S, Hartikainen A, Pouta A, Ripatti S, Brodsky J, et al. Genome-wide association analysis of metabolic traits in a birth cohort from a founder population. Nat Genet. 2009;41:35-46 pubmed publisher..The association observed between low-density lipoprotein and an infrequent variant in AR suggests the potential of such a cohort for identifying associations with both common, low-impact and rarer, high-impact quantitative trait loci. ..
- Pais E, Cambridge J, Johnson C, Meiselman H, Fisher T, Alexy T. A novel high-throughput screening assay for sickle cell disease drug discovery. J Biomol Screen. 2009;14:330-6 pubmed publisher..It has the potential to identify novel drug candidates, allowing the development of new therapeutic options for individuals affected with SCD. ..
- Goodarzi M, Louwers Y, Taylor K, Jones M, Cui J, Kwon S, et al. Replication of association of a novel insulin receptor gene polymorphism with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:1736-41.e1-11 pubmed publisher..A pathway-based tagging SNP approach allowed us to identify novel INSR SNPs associated with PCOS, one of which confirmed association in a large replication cohort. ..
- Chawla G, Lin C, Han A, Shiue L, Ares M, Black D. Sam68 regulates a set of alternatively spliced exons during neurogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:201-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sam68 controls neurogenesis through its effects on a specific set of RNA targets. ..
- Lee J, Ang J, Xiao X. Analysis and design of RNA sequencing experiments for identifying RNA editing and other single-nucleotide variants. RNA. 2013;19:725-32 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the critical data analysis and experimental design issues of such studies to enable improved systematic investigation of the largely unexplored frontier of single-nucleotide variants in RNA. ..
- Langfelder P, Mischel P, Horvath S. When is hub gene selection better than standard meta-analysis?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61505 pubmed publisher..The article also reports a comparison of meta-analysis techniques applied to gene expression data and presents novel R functions for carrying out consensus network analysis, network based screening, and meta analysis. ..