Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant proteins in Berkeley, California, United States
Locale: Berkeley, California, United States
Topic: recombinant proteins
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Chen R, Yang Z, Zhou Q. Phosphorylated positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK snRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4153-60 pubmed..Thus, the phosphorylated P-TEFb is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK. We discuss the implications of this mechanism in controlling P-TEFb activity during normal and stress-induced transcription. ..
- Singhvi A, Frank C, Garriga G. The T-box gene tbx-2, the homeobox gene egl-5 and the asymmetric cell division gene ham-1 specify neural fate in the HSN/PHB lineage. Genetics. 2008;179:887-98 pubmed publisher..Expression of EGL-5 in the HSN/PHB precursor but not in the PHB neuron suggests that EGL-5 specifies precursor fate. These observations reveal a role for both EGL-5 and TBX-2 in neural fate specification in the HSN/PHB lineage. ..
- Li H, Luan S. AtFKBP53 is a histone chaperone required for repression of ribosomal RNA gene expression in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2010;20:357-66 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a new histone chaperone in plants that functions in chromatin remodeling and regulation of transcription. ..
- Asarnow D, Warford A, Fernandez L, Hom J, Sandhu G, Candichoy Z, et al. Validation and international regulatory experience for a mycoplasma touchdown PCR assay. Biologicals. 2010;38:224-31 pubmed publisher..Regulatory approvals for the method have been obtained in many of the major regions and activities are ongoing to address agency concerns regarding the comparative limit of detection of the method to culture-based assays. ..
- Sabogal A, Rio D. A green fluorescent protein solubility screen in E. coli reveals domain boundaries of the GTP-binding domain in the P element transposase. Protein Sci. 2010;19:2210-8 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the use of a GFP-based solubility screen on a large multidomain protein to identify highly expressed, soluble truncated domain subregions. ..
- Strycharska M, Arias Palomo E, Lyubimov A, Erzberger J, O Shea V, BUSTAMANTE C, et al. Nucleotide and partner-protein control of bacterial replicative helicase structure and function. Mol Cell. 2013;52:844-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish the DnaB collar as an autoregulatory hub that controls the ability of the helicase to transition between different functional states in response to both nucleotide and replication initiation/elongation factors. ..
- Shi J, Kim K, Ritz O, Albrecht V, Gupta R, Harter K, et al. Novel protein kinases associated with calcineurin B-like calcium sensors in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1999;11:2393-405 pubmed..These findings link a new type of Ca(2)+ sensors to a group of novel protein kinases, providing the molecular basis for a unique Ca(2)+ signaling machinery in plant cells. ..
- Pugh B, Tjian R. Transcription from a TATA-less promoter requires a multisubunit TFIID complex. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1935-45 pubmed..Immunopurification of TFIID reveals that the active species in reconstituting TATA-less transcription is a multisubunit complex consisting of TBP and many TBP-associated factors (TAFs). ..
- D Ari L, Rabinowitz J. Purification, characterization, cloning, and amino acid sequence of the bifunctional enzyme 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase/5,10-methenyltetrahydrofolate cyclohydrolase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:23953-8 pubmed..An identical sequence of 14 amino acids with no gaps is present in all 7 sequences. ..
- Patel N, Martin Blanco E, Coleman K, Poole S, Ellis M, Kornberg T, et al. Expression of engrailed proteins in arthropods, annelids, and chordates. Cell. 1989;58:955-68 pubmed
- Schischmanoff P, Winardi R, Discher D, Parra M, Bicknese S, Witkowska H, et al. Defining of the minimal domain of protein 4.1 involved in spectrin-actin binding. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21243-50 pubmed..1-spectrin interactions, and a second by 4.1-actin interactions. The latter may require a putative actin binding motif within the 26 N-terminal residues of the constitutive domain. ..
- Krowka J, Cuevas B, Maron D, Steimer K, Ascher M, Sheppard H. Expression of CD69 after in vitro stimulation: a rapid method for quantitating impaired lymphocyte responses in HIV-infected individuals. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996;11:95-104 pubmed
- Keck J, Goedken E, Marqusee S. Activation/attenuation model for RNase H. A one-metal mechanism with second-metal inhibition. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:34128-33 pubmed..Based upon these results, we propose an "activation/attenuation" model explaining the metal dependence of RNase H activity where one metal is required for enzyme activation and binding of a second metal is inhibitory. ..
- Sandler S, Hugenholtz P, Schleper C, DeLong E, Pace N, Clark A. Diversity of radA genes from cultured and uncultured archaea: comparative analysis of putative RadA proteins and their use as a phylogenetic marker. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:907-15 pubmed..Possible explanations are discussed. Finally, signature codons are presented to distinguish among RecA protein family members...
- Luo K, Stroschein S, Wang W, Chen D, Martens E, Zhou S, et al. The Ski oncoprotein interacts with the Smad proteins to repress TGFbeta signaling. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2196-206 pubmed..Our studies suggest a new paradigm for inactivation of the Smad proteins by an oncoprotein through transcriptional repression. ..
- Wang H, Boisvert D, Kim K, Kim R, Kim S. Crystal structure of a fibrillarin homologue from Methanococcus jannaschii, a hyperthermophile, at 1.6 A resolution. EMBO J. 2000;19:317-23 pubmed..Mapping temperature-sensitive mutations found in yeast fibrillarin Nop1 to the Methanococcus homologue structure reveals that many of the mutations cluster in the core of the methyltransferase-like domain. ..
- Holmes M, Tjian R. Promoter-selective properties of the TBP-related factor TRF1. Science. 2000;288:867-70 pubmed..Thus, metazoans appear to have evolved gene-selective and tissue-specific components of the core transcription machinery to regulate gene expression. ..
- Huang S, Beresten S, Li B, Oshima J, Ellis N, Campisi J. Characterization of the human and mouse WRN 3'-->5' exonuclease. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2396-405 pubmed..Finally, we show that hWRN forms a trimer and interacts with the proliferating cell nuclear antigen in vitro. These findings provide new data on the biochemical activities of WRN that may help elucidate its role(s) in DNA metabolism. ..
- Cantrell S. Vectors for the expression of recombinant proteins in E. coli. Methods Mol Biol. 2003;235:257-75 pubmed
- Pathak M, Kurtz L, Tombola F, Isacoff E. The cooperative voltage sensor motion that gates a potassium channel. J Gen Physiol. 2005;125:57-69 pubmed..While large transmembrane rearrangements of S4 may be required to unlock the gating machinery, as proposed before, it appears to be the gating motion of S4 that drives the gates to open and close. ..
- Wang Y, Sul H. Ectodomain shedding of preadipocyte factor 1 (Pref-1) by tumor necrosis factor alpha converting enzyme (TACE) and inhibition of adipocyte differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5421-35 pubmed..Identification of TACE as the major protease responsible for conversion of membrane-bound Pref-1 to the biologically active diffusible form provides a new insight into Pref-1 function in adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Chakravarthy S, Sternberg S, Kellenberger C, Doudna J. Substrate-specific kinetics of Dicer-catalyzed RNA processing. J Mol Biol. 2010;404:392-402 pubmed publisher..While TRBP stimulates dicing by enhancing the stability of Dicer-substrate complexes, Dicer itself generates product RNAs at rates determined at least in part by the structural properties of the substrate. ..
- Hudak J, Yu H, Bertozzi C. Protein glycoengineering enabled by the versatile synthesis of aminooxy glycans and the genetically encoded aldehyde tag. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:16127-35 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated the method by constructing site-specifically glycosylated variants of the human growth hormone. ..
- Boutigny S, Saini A, Baidoo E, Yeung N, Keasling J, Butland G. Physical and functional interactions of a monothiol glutaredoxin and an iron sulfur cluster carrier protein with the sulfur-donating radical S-adenosyl-L-methionine enzyme MiaB. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14200-11 pubmed publisher..We observe a severe defect in in vivo MiaB activity in cells lacking both GrxD and NfuA, suggesting that these proteins could play complementary roles in maturation and repair of MiaB. ..
- Lee A, Kanaar R, Rio D, Wemmer D. Resonance assignments and solution structure of the second RNA-binding domain of sex-lethal determined by multidimensional heteronuclear magnetic resonance. Biochemistry. 1994;33:13775-86 pubmed..Finally, significant structural similarities and differences between Sxl RBD-2 and other RBD-containing proteins are discussed. ..
- Wolven A, Belmont L, Mahoney N, Almo S, Drubin D. In vivo importance of actin nucleotide exchange catalyzed by profilin. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:895-904 pubmed..Based on the results of these studies, we conclude that in living cells profilin promotes rapid actin dynamics by regenerating ATP actin from ADP actin-cofilin generated during filament disassembly. ..
- Lemon B, Inouye C, King D, Tjian R. Selectivity of chromatin-remodelling cofactors for ligand-activated transcription. Nature. 2001;414:924-8 pubmed..These studies demonstrate functional selectivity amongst highly related complexes involved in gene regulation and help define a more complete set of factors and cofactors required to activate transcription. ..
- Casali N. Escherichia coli host strains. Methods Mol Biol. 2003;235:27-48 pubmed
- Sieweke M, Thompson N, Sporn M, Bissell M. Mediation of wound-related Rous sarcoma virus tumorigenesis by TGF-beta. Science. 1990;248:1656-60 pubmed..TGF-beta release during the wound-healing response may thus be a critical event that creates a conducive environment for RSV tumorigenesis and may act as a cofactor for transformation in this system...
- Chuang P, Albertson D, Meyer B. DPY-27:a chromosome condensation protein homolog that regulates C. elegans dosage compensation through association with the X chromosome. Cell. 1994;79:459-74 pubmed..We propose that DPY-27 implements dosage compensation by condensing the chromatin structure of X in a manner that causes general reduction of X chromosome expression. ..
- Witkin K, Collins K. Holoenzyme proteins required for the physiological assembly and activity of telomerase. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1107-18 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that telomerase holoenzyme proteins other than TERT play critical roles in RNP biogenesis and function. ..
- Hogg J, Collins K. RNA-based affinity purification reveals 7SK RNPs with distinct composition and regulation. RNA. 2007;13:868-80 pubmed..Our results establish the utility of a generalizable RNA-based RNP affinity purification method and provide insight into 7SK RNP dynamics. ..
- Pujuguet P, Radisky D, Levy D, Lacza C, Bissell M. Trichostatin A inhibits beta-casein expression in mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2001;83:660-70 pubmed..These results are discussed in combination with previous work showing that TSA mediates the differentiation of many types of cancer cells but inhibits differentiation of some nonmalignant cell types. ..
- Kachura M, Hickle C, Kell S, Sathe A, Calacsan C, Kiwan R, et al. A CpG-Ficoll Nanoparticle Adjuvant for Anthrax Protective Antigen Enhances Immunogenicity and Provides Single-Immunization Protection against Inhaled Anthrax in Monkeys. J Immunol. 2016;196:284-97 pubmed publisher..These findings support the development of DV230-Ficoll as an adjuvant platform, particularly for vaccines such as for anthrax, for which rapid induction of protective immunity and memory with a single injection is very important. ..
- Cho M, Yee H, Chan S. Establishment of a human somatic hybrid cell line for recombinant protein production. J Biomed Sci. 2002;9:631-8 pubmed..The above-described characteristics of HKB cells indicate that HKB11 is a favorable cell host for the production of human therapeutic proteins. ..
- MacRae I, Li F, Zhou K, Cande W, Doudna J. Structure of Dicer and mechanistic implications for RNAi. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2006;71:73-80 pubmed..Finally, we combine the structure of Dicer with published biochemical data to propose a model for the architecture of the RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC)-loading complex. ..
- Song J, Rabinowitz J. The N-terminal, dehydrogenase/cyclohydrolase domain of yeast cytoplasmic trifunctional C1-tetrahydrofolate synthase requires the C-terminal, synthetase domain for the catalytic activity in vitro. FEBS Lett. 1995;376:229-32 pubmed..These results indicate that the N-terminal D/C domain of C1-THF synthase requires the C-terminal 10-formyl-THF synthetase domain for stable catalytic activity in vitro. ..
- Fraser C, Berry K, Hershey J, Doudna J. eIF3j is located in the decoding center of the human 40S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell. 2007;26:811-9 pubmed..These results suggest that eIF3j functions in part by regulating access of the mRNA-binding cleft in response to initiation factor binding. ..
- Shin D, Nguyen H, Jancarik J, Yokota H, Kim R, Kim S. Crystal structure of NusA from Thermotoga maritima and functional implication of the N-terminal domain. Biochemistry. 2003;42:13429-37 pubmed publisher..Structural comparison between TmNusA and Mycobacterium tuberculosis NusA reveals a possible hinge motion between NTD and RBD. In addition, a functional implication of the NTD in its interaction with RNA polymerase is discussed...
- Taatjes D, Naar A, Andel F, Nogales E, Tjian R. Structure, function, and activator-induced conformations of the CRSP coactivator. Science. 2002;295:1058-62 pubmed..These results suggest that CRSP may potentiate transcription via specific activator-induced conformational changes. ..
- Gehring M, Huh J, Hsieh T, Penterman J, Choi Y, Harada J, et al. DEMETER DNA glycosylase establishes MEDEA polycomb gene self-imprinting by allele-specific demethylation. Cell. 2006;124:495-506 pubmed..Thus, DME establishes MEA imprinting by removing 5-methylcytosine to activate the maternal allele. MEA imprinting is subsequently maintained in the endosperm by maternal MEA silencing the paternal allele. ..
- Roell M, Issafras H, Bauer R, Michelson K, Mendoza N, Vanegas S, et al. Kinetic approach to pathway attenuation using XOMA 052, a regulatory therapeutic antibody that modulates interleukin-1beta activity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20607-14 pubmed publisher..target complexes. Regulatory antibodies like XOMA 052, which selectively modulate signaling pathways, may represent a new mechanistic class of therapeutic antibodies. ..
- Aceytuno R, Piett C, Havali Shahriari Z, Edwards R, Rey M, Ye R, et al. Structural and functional characterization of the PNKP-XRCC4-LigIV DNA repair complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6238-6251 pubmed publisher..Together, this work unveils multipoint contacts between PNKP and XRCC4-LigIV that regulate PNKP recruitment and activity within NHEJ. ..
- Schulze Gahmen U, De Bondt H, Kim S. High-resolution crystal structures of human cyclin-dependent kinase 2 with and without ATP: bound waters and natural ligand as guides for inhibitor design. J Med Chem. 1996;39:4540-6 pubmed
- Adamkewicz J, Mueller C, Hansen K, Prud homme W, Thorner J. Purification and enzymic properties of Mot1 ATPase, a regulator of basal transcription in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:21158-68 pubmed..Thus, Mot1 most likely promotes release of TBP from TATA-containing DNA by causing a structural change in TBP itself, rather than by strand unwinding. ..
- Tong L, de Vos A, Milburn M, Kim S. Crystal structures at 2.2 A resolution of the catalytic domains of normal ras protein and an oncogenic mutant complexed with GDP. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:503-16 pubmed..The structural similarity between ras protein and the bacterial elongation factor Tu suggests that their common structural motif might be conserved for other guanine nucleotide binding proteins. ..
- Kanaar R, Lee A, Rudner D, Wemmer D, Rio D. Interaction of the sex-lethal RNA binding domains with RNA. EMBO J. 1995;14:4530-9 pubmed..We discuss the implications of this finding for the mechanism through which Sxl may gain selectivity for particular polypyrimidine tracts in vivo. ..
- Fusetti F, Erlandsen H, Flatmark T, Stevens R. Structure of tetrameric human phenylalanine hydroxylase and its implications for phenylketonuria. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:16962-7 pubmed..Their effects on the structural and cellular stability of the enzyme are discussed. ..
- Gupta R, Ting J, Sokolov L, Johnson S, Luan S. A tumor suppressor homolog, AtPTEN1, is essential for pollen development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2495-507 pubmed..Suppression of AtPTEN1 gene expression by RNA interference caused pollen cell death after mitosis. We conclude that AtPTEN1 is a pollen-specific phosphatase and is essential for pollen development. ..
- Pandit J, Bohm A, Jancarik J, Halenbeck R, Koths K, Kim S. Three-dimensional structure of dimeric human recombinant macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Science. 1992;258:1358-62 pubmed..The similarity of these structures suggests that the receptor binding determinants for all three cytokines may be similar. ..
- Dynlacht B, Hoey T, Tjian R. Isolation of coactivators associated with the TATA-binding protein that mediate transcriptional activation. Cell. 1991;66:563-76 pubmed..These results suggest that one or more of the TAF polypeptides confer coactivator function. ..
- Gallo D, Diggs J, Hanson C. Comparison of Western immunoblot antigens and interpretive criteria for detection of antibody to human T-lymphotropic virus types I and II. J Clin Microbiol. 1990;28:2045-50 pubmed
- Klemm R, Goodrich J, Zhou S, Tjian R. Molecular cloning and expression of the 32-kDa subunit of human TFIID reveals interactions with VP16 and TFIIB that mediate transcriptional activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5788-92 pubmed..These findings indicate that specific activator-coactivator interactions have been conserved between human and Drosophila and provide additional support for the function of these interactions in mediating transcriptional activation. ..
- Ruppert S, Wang E, Tjian R. Cloning and expression of human TAFII250: a TBP-associated factor implicated in cell-cycle regulation. Nature. 1993;362:175-9 pubmed..This largest TAF may therefore play a central role in TFIID assembly by interacting with both TBP and other TAFs, as well as serving to link the control of transcription to the cell cycle. ..
- Kanaar R, Roche S, Beall E, Green M, Rio D. The conserved pre-mRNA splicing factor U2AF from Drosophila: requirement for viability. Science. 1993;262:569-73 pubmed..R/S domains have been found in numerous metazoan splicing factors, but their function is unknown. The mutation in Drosophila U2AF will allow in vivo analysis of a conserved R/S domain-containing general splicing factor. ..
- Chen J, Attardi L, Verrijzer C, Yokomori K, Tjian R. Assembly of recombinant TFIID reveals differential coactivator requirements for distinct transcriptional activators. Cell. 1994;79:93-105 pubmed..These results establish that specific subcomplexes of TFIID can mediate activation by different classes of activators and suggest that TAFs perform multiple functions during activation. ..
- Linderoth N, Julien B, Flick K, Calendar R, Christie G. Molecular cloning and characterization of bacteriophage P2 genes R and S involved in tail completion. Virology. 1994;200:347-59 pubmed..We propose that R and S are tail completion proteins that are essential for stable head joining...
- Weinzierl R, Dynlacht B, Tjian R. Largest subunit of Drosophila transcription factor IID directs assembly of a complex containing TBP and a coactivator. Nature. 1993;362:511-7 pubmed..This triple complex supports Sp1 activation and reveals specific interactions between TAFII250, TBP and TAFII110. ..
- Nichols A, Ong P, Linn S. Mutations specific to the xeroderma pigmentosum group E Ddb- phenotype. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:24317-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p48 is required for DNA binding activity, but at the same time necessitate further definition of the genetic basis of XP group E. ..
- Höld K, Sirisoma N, Casida J. Detoxification of alpha- and beta-Thujones (the active ingredients of absinthe): site specificity and species differences in cytochrome P450 oxidation in vitro and in vivo. Chem Res Toxicol. 2001;14:589-95 pubmed
- Gournier H, Goley E, Niederstrasser H, Trinh T, Welch M. Reconstitution of human Arp2/3 complex reveals critical roles of individual subunits in complex structure and activity. Mol Cell. 2001;8:1041-52 pubmed..This study reveals that the nucleating and organizing functions of Arp2/3 complex subunits are separable, indicating that these activities may be differentially regulated in cells. ..
- Lei Z, Chen W, Zhang M, Napoli J. Reduction of all-trans-retinal in the mouse liver peroxisome fraction by the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase RRD: induction by the PPAR alpha ligand clofibrate. Biochemistry. 2003;42:4190-6 pubmed..These data relate retinoid metabolism, PPAR alpha, peroxisomes, and RRD, and are consistent with a further function of CRBP(I) in retinoid metabolism...
- Good M, Greenstein A, Young T, NG H, Alber T. Sensor domain of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis receptor Ser/Thr protein kinase, PknD, forms a highly symmetric beta propeller. J Mol Biol. 2004;339:459-69 pubmed..These results suggest that PknD binds a multivalent ligand that signals by changing the quaternary structure of the intracellular kinase domain. ..
- Sivaraman S, Kirsch J. The narrow substrate specificity of human tyrosine aminotransferase--the enzyme deficient in tyrosinemia type II. FEBS J. 2006;273:1920-9 pubmed
- Schindler A, Schekman R. In vitro reconstitution of ER-stress induced ATF6 transport in COPII vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17775-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that unfolded proteins or an ER luminal -SH reactive bond controls BiP-ATF6 stability and access of ATF6 to the COPII budding machinery. ..
- Firat Karalar E, Hsiue P, Welch M. The actin nucleation factor JMY is a negative regulator of neuritogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4563-74 pubmed publisher..This function of JMY requires its actin-nucleating activity. These findings highlight a previously unrecognized function for JMY as a modulator of neuritogenesis. ..
- Paavola C, Hemmerich S, Grunberger D, Polsky I, Bloom A, Freedman R, et al. Monomeric monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) binds and activates the MCP-1 receptor CCR2B. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33157-65 pubmed
- Bergeron L, Lee C, Tokatlian T, Höllrigl V, Clark D. Chaperone function in organic co-solvents: experimental characterization and modeling of a hyperthermophilic chaperone subunit from Methanocaldococcus jannaschii. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:368-78 pubmed..These models suggest that thermodynamic stability and the reversibility of enzyme unfolding play key roles in the effectiveness of enzyme recovery by rTHS...
- Ha S, Pereira J, Jeong J, Huh J, Kim S. Purification of human transcription factors Nanog and Sox2, each in complex with Skp, an Escherichia coli periplasmic chaperone. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;67:164-8 pubmed publisher..Purified Skp complexes of Nanog and Sox maintained DNA-binding activity toward its cognate DNA sequence. A similar approach may be applicable for some other mammalian proteins that are unstable or difficult to over-express in E. coli. ..
- Andersen K, Mori H, Fata J, Bascom J, Oyjord T, Mælandsmo G, et al. The metastasis-promoting protein S100A4 regulates mammary branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;352:181-90 pubmed publisher..We suggest that S100A4-mediated effects during branching morphogenesis provide a plausible mechanism for how it may function in breast cancer progression. ..
- Jones P, Boudreau N, Myers C, Erickson H, Bissell M. Tenascin-C inhibits extracellular matrix-dependent gene expression in mammary epithelial cells. Localization of active regions using recombinant tenascin fragments. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 2):519-27 pubmed
- Nichols M, DeAngelis K, Keck J, Berger J. Structure and function of an archaeal topoisomerase VI subunit with homology to the meiotic recombination factor Spo11. EMBO J. 1999;18:6177-88 pubmed publisher..The A subunit of topoisomerase VI is homologous to the meiotic recombination factor, Spo11, and this structure can serve as a template for probing Spo11 function in eukaryotes...
- Zhu Y, Tepperman J, Fairchild C, Quail P. Phytochrome B binds with greater apparent affinity than phytochrome A to the basic helix-loop-helix factor PIF3 in a reaction requiring the PAS domain of PIF3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:13419-24 pubmed
- Puig O, Marr M, Ruhf M, Tjian R. Control of cell number by Drosophila FOXO: downstream and feedback regulation of the insulin receptor pathway. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2006-20 pubmed..Our results establish dFOXO as a key transcriptional regulator of the insulin pathway that modulates growth and proliferation. ..
- Funk T, Gu W, Friedrich S, Wang H, Gencic S, Grahame D, et al. Chemically distinct Ni sites in the A-cluster in subunit beta of the acetyl-CoA decarbonylase/synthase complex from Methanosarcina thermophila: Ni L-edge absorption and X-ray magnetic circular dichroism analyses. J Am Chem Soc. 2004;126:88-95 pubmed..These findings are discussed in relation to the mechanism of C-C bond activation, in connection with the model of the beta subunit A-cluster developed from companion Ni and Fe K edge, XANES, and EXAFS studies...
- Kim J, Hamamoto S, Ravazzola M, Orci L, Schekman R. Uncoupled packaging of amyloid precursor protein and presenilin 1 into coat protein complex II vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7758-68 pubmed..Titration of Sarla distinguished the packaging requirements of APP and PS1. Furthermore, APP packaging was not affected by deletion of PS1 or PS1 and 2, suggesting APP and PS1 trafficking from the ER are normally uncoupled...
- Freedman T, Sondermann H, Friedland G, Kortemme T, Bar Sagi D, Marqusee S, et al. A Ras-induced conformational switch in the Ras activator Son of sevenless. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16692-7 pubmed..These results indicate that RasGRF1 lacks the allosteric activation switch that is crucial for Sos activity. ..
- Ahituv N, Akiyama J, Chapman Helleboid A, Fruchart J, Pennacchio L. In vivo characterization of human APOA5 haplotypes. Genomics. 2007;90:674-9 pubmed
- Kranzusch P, Lee A, Berger J, Doudna J. Structure of human cGAS reveals a conserved family of second-messenger enzymes in innate immunity. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1362-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that cGAS and OAS define a family of innate immunity sensors and that structural divergence from a core nucleotidyltransferase enables second-messenger responses to distinct foreign nucleic acids. ..
- Eudes A, Pereira J, Yogiswara S, Wang G, Teixeira Benites V, Baidoo E, et al. Exploiting the Substrate Promiscuity of Hydroxycinnamoyl-CoA:Shikimate Hydroxycinnamoyl Transferase to Reduce Lignin. Plant Cell Physiol. 2016;57:568-79 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate conservation of HCT substrate promiscuity and provide support for a new strategy for lignin reduction in the effort to improve the quality of plant biomass for forage and cellulosic biofuels. ..
- Peterson M, Inostroza J, Maxon M, Flores O, Admon A, Reinberg D, et al. Structure and functional properties of human general transcription factor IIE. Nature. 1991;354:369-73 pubmed..Analysis of their predicted amino-acid sequences reveals several intriguing structural motifs that could provide insight into the role of TFIIE in transcription initiation. ..
- Lichtsteiner S, Tjian R. Cloning and properties of the Caenorhabditis elegans TATA-box-binding protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9673-7 pubmed..elegans nuclear extracts. CeTBP is therefore a basal transcription factor. ..
- Leong M, Maiyar A, Kim B, O Keeffe B, Firestone G. Expression of the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible protein kinase, Sgk, is a cell survival response to multiple types of environmental stress stimuli in mammary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5871-82 pubmed..Taken together, our study establishes that induction of enzymatically active Sgk functions as a key cell survival component in response to different environmental stress stimuli. ..
- Duramad O, Fearon K, Chan J, Kanzler H, Marshall J, Coffman R, et al. IL-10 regulates plasmacytoid dendritic cell response to CpG-containing immunostimulatory sequences. Blood. 2003;102:4487-92 pubmed..The 3 distinct classes of ISS differed with respect to induction of PDC maturation and T-cell priming capacity. IL-10 regulated PDC activation but did not inhibit the subsequent T-cell-priming ability of PDCs already activated by ISS. ..
- Wu P, Shui W, Carlson B, Hu N, Rabuka D, Lee J, et al. Site-specific chemical modification of recombinant proteins produced in mammalian cells by using the genetically encoded aldehyde tag. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3000-5 pubmed publisher..We applied the technique to site-specific modification of monoclonal antibodies, the fastest growing class of biopharmaceuticals, as well as membrane-associated and cytosolic proteins expressed in mammalian cells. ..
- Sexton A, Collins K. The 5' guanosine tracts of human telomerase RNA are recognized by the G-quadruplex binding domain of the RNA helicase DHX36 and function to increase RNA accumulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:736-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that G-quadruplex formation within hTR can stimulate telomerase-mediated telomere maintenance. ..
- Lander G, Estrin E, Matyskiela M, Bashore C, Nogales E, Martin A. Complete subunit architecture of the proteasome regulatory particle. Nature. 2012;482:186-91 pubmed publisher..We provide a structural basis for the ability of the proteasome to degrade a diverse set of substrates and thus regulate vital cellular processes. ..
- Hastie P, Ulbrich M, Wang H, Arant R, Lau A, Zhang Z, et al. AMPA receptor/TARP stoichiometry visualized by single-molecule subunit counting. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5163-8 pubmed publisher..This unexpected AMPA-R/TARP stoichiometry difference has important implications for the assembly and function of TARP/AMPA-R complexes. ..
- Hoey T, Dynlacht B, Peterson M, Pugh B, Tjian R. Isolation and characterization of the Drosophila gene encoding the TATA box binding protein, TFIID. Cell. 1990;61:1179-86 pubmed
- Keck J, Roche D, Lynch A, Berger J. Structure of the RNA polymerase domain of E. coli primase. Science. 2000;287:2482-6 pubmed