Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on positive transcriptional elongation factor b in Berkeley, California, United States
Locale: Berkeley, California, United States
Topic: positive transcriptional elongation factor b
- Chen D, Fong Y, Zhou Q. Specific interaction of Tat with the human but not rodent P-TEFb complex mediates the species-specific Tat activation of HIV-1 transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2728-33 pubmed..Moreover, the cyclin box of cyclin T1 and its immediate flanking region are largely responsible for the specific P-TEFb-Tat interaction. ..
- Fong Y, Zhou Q. Relief of two built-In autoinhibitory mechanisms in P-TEFb is required for assembly of a multicomponent transcription elongation complex at the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5897-907 pubmed..These data reveal novel control mechanisms for the assembly of a multicomponent transcription elongation complex at the HIV-1 promoter. ..
- Chen R, Yang Z, Zhou Q. Phosphorylated positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK snRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4153-60 pubmed..Thus, the phosphorylated P-TEFb is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK. We discuss the implications of this mechanism in controlling P-TEFb activity during normal and stress-induced transcription. ..
- He N, Pezda A, Zhou Q. Modulation of a P-TEFb functional equilibrium for the global control of cell growth and differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7068-76 pubmed..Concurrently, the P-TEFb equilibrium was shifted overwhelmingly toward the 7SK snRNP side. Together, these data link the P-TEFb equilibrium to the intracellular transcriptional demand and proliferative/differentiated states of cells. ..
- He N, Jahchan N, Hong E, Li Q, Bayfield M, Maraia R, et al. A La-related protein modulates 7SK snRNP integrity to suppress P-TEFb-dependent transcriptional elongation and tumorigenesis. Mol Cell. 2008;29:588-99 pubmed publisher..Through PIP7S modulation of P-TEFb, our data thus link a general elongation factor to growth control and tumorigenesis. ..
- He N, Liu M, Hsu J, Xue Y, Chou S, Burlingame A, et al. HIV-1 Tat and host AFF4 recruit two transcription elongation factors into a bifunctional complex for coordinated activation of HIV-1 transcription. Mol Cell. 2010;38:428-38 pubmed publisher..The ability of Tat to enable two different classes of elongation factors to cooperate and coordinate their actions on the same polymerase enzyme explains why Tat is such a powerful activator of HIV-1 transcription. ..