Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in San Diego, California, United States
Locale: San Diego, California, United States
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Chandra A, Angle N. VEGF inhibits PDGF-stimulated calcium signaling independent of phospholipase C and protein kinase C. J Surg Res. 2006;131:302-9 pubmed..The inhibition of intracellular calcium release did not inhibit CaMKII activity. VEGF may play an important role in modulating PDGF induced VSMC proliferation by specifically inhibiting intracellular calcium release in response to PDGF. ..
- Feng L, Hollstein M, Xu Y. Ser46 phosphorylation regulates p53-dependent apoptosis and replicative senescence. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:2812-9 pubmed..In addition, p53hki(S46A) MEFs more readily escapes from Ras-induced senescence. Therefore, Ser46 phosphorylation activates p53-dependent apoptosis induced by DNA damage and cellular senescence induced by oncogenic stress. ..
- Lukasiewicz R, Velazquez Dones A, Huynh N, Hagopian J, Fu X, Adams J, et al. Structurally unique yeast and mammalian serine-arginine protein kinases catalyze evolutionarily conserved phosphorylation reactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23036-43 pubmed..Thus, there are physical attributes of SR and SR-like substrates that dictate the mechanism of phosphorylation, whereas the ability to processively phosphorylate substrates is inherent to SR protein kinases. ..
- Infarinato N, Park J, Krytska K, Ryles H, Sano R, Szigety K, et al. The ALK/ROS1 Inhibitor PF-06463922 Overcomes Primary Resistance to Crizotinib in ALK-Driven Neuroblastoma. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:96-107 pubmed publisher..Our biochemical and in vivo data provide the preclinical rationale for fast-tracking the development of this agent in children with relapsed/refractory ALK-mutant neuroblastoma. ..
- Gajiwala K, Grodsky N, Bolaños B, Feng J, Ferre R, Timofeevski S, et al. The Axl kinase domain in complex with a macrocyclic inhibitor offers first structural insights into an active TAM receptor kinase. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15705-15716 pubmed publisher..We propose that the differences in the conformational dynamics among the TAM family members could potentially be exploited to achieve inhibitor selectivity for targeted receptors. ..
- Eichhorn J, Kayali A, Resor L, Austin D, Rose D, Webster N. PLC-gamma1 enzyme activity is required for insulin-induced DNA synthesis. Endocrinology. 2002;143:655-64 pubmed..These experimental data point to a requirement for PLC-gamma1 in insulin-stimulated mitogenesis in hIRcB cells. ..
- O Neill A, Gallegos L, Justilien V, Garcia E, Leitges M, Fields A, et al. Protein kinase C? promotes cell migration through a PDZ-dependent interaction with its novel substrate discs large homolog 1 (DLG1). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43559-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data establish the requirement of scaffolding to DLG1 for PKC? to promote cellular migration. ..
- Ruault M, Pillus L. Chromatin-modifiying enzymes are essential when the Saccharomyces cerevisiae morphogenesis checkpoint is constitutively activated. Genetics. 2006;174:1135-49 pubmed..A catalytically dead Hsl7p retained wild-type interactions, implying that modification of histone H3 or H4 N termini by Gcn5p, Esa1p, Rpd3p, and Set1p, but not by Hsl7p, was needed to bypass the morphogenesis checkpoint. ..
- Xu D, Fuster M, Lawrence R, Esko J. Heparan sulfate regulates VEGF165- and VEGF121-mediated vascular hyperpermeability. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:737-45 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological blockade of heparan sulfate-protein interactions inhibited hyperpermeability in vivo, suggesting heparan sulfate as a potential target for treating hyperpermeability associated with ischemic disease. ..
- Head B, Patel H, Tsutsumi Y, Hu Y, Mejia T, Mora R, et al. Caveolin-1 expression is essential for N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated Src and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation and protection of primary neurons from ischemic cell death. FASEB J. 2008;22:828-40 pubmed
- Stein B, Yang M, Young D, Janknecht R, Hunter T, Murray B, et al. p38-2, a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase with distinct properties. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19509-17 pubmed..A sequential kinetic mechanism of p38-2 is suggested by steady state kinetic analysis. In conclusion, p38-2 may be an important component of the stress response required for the homeostasis of a cell. ..
- Scharl M, Paul G, Weber A, Jung B, Docherty M, Hausmann M, et al. Protection of epithelial barrier function by the Crohn's disease associated gene protein tyrosine phosphatase n2. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:2030-2040.e5 pubmed publisher..PTPN2 is activated by IFN-gamma and limits IFN-gamma-induced signalling and consequent barrier defects. These data suggest a functional role for PTPN2 in maintaining the intestinal epithelial barrier and in the pathophysiology of CD. ..
- Charvet C, Canonigo A, Billadeau D, Altman A. Membrane localization and function of Vav3 in T cells depend on its association with the adapter SLP-76. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15289-99 pubmed..Altogether, our data show that TCR-induced association of Vav3 with SLP-76 is required for its membrane/IS localization and function. ..
- Lin S, Coutinho Mansfield G, Wang D, Pandit S, Fu X. The splicing factor SC35 has an active role in transcriptional elongation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:819-26 pubmed publisher..Recombinant SC35 is sufficient to rescue this defect in nuclear run-on experiments. These findings suggest a reciprocal functional relationship between the transcription and splicing machineries during gene expression. ..
- Hirve N, Levytskyy R, Rigaud S, Guimond D, Zal T, Sauer K, et al. A conserved motif in the ITK PH-domain is required for phosphoinositide binding and TCR signaling but dispensable for adaptor protein interactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45158 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FYF mutation uncouples PIP(3)-mediated ITK membrane recruitment from the interactions of the kinase with key components of the TCR signalosome and abrogates ITK function in T cells. ..
- Keely S, Barrett K. ErbB2 and ErbB3 receptors mediate inhibition of calcium-dependent chloride secretion in colonic epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33449-54 pubmed..Differential dimerization with other ErbB family members may underlie the ability of the EGFR to propagate diverse inhibitory signals in response to activation by EGF or transactivation by CCh. ..
- Kawamata Y, Imamura T, Babendure J, Lu J, Yoshizaki T, Olefsky J. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 can function through a G alpha q/11-beta-arrestin-1 signaling complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28549-56 pubmed
- Luo K, Sefton B. Cross-linking of T-cell surface molecules CD4 and CD8 stimulates phosphorylation of the lck tyrosine protein kinase at the autophosphorylation site. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:5305-13 pubmed..Therefore, the effect of antibody-induced aggregation of CD4 and CD8 on the tyrosine phosphorylation of p56lck differs, at least quantitatively, from what occurs during antigen-induced T-cell activation. ..
- Lee S, Hu L, Gonzalez Navajas J, Seo G, Shen C, Brick J, et al. ERK activation drives intestinal tumorigenesis in Apc(min/+) mice. Nat Med. 2010;16:665-70 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a new facet of oncogene-environment interaction, in which microflora-induced TLR activation regulates oncogene expression and related IEC tumor growth in a susceptible host...
- Lautermilch N, Spitzer N. Regulation of calcineurin by growth cone calcium waves controls neurite extension. J Neurosci. 2000;20:315-25 pubmed..The results identify components of the cascade by which Ca(2+) waves act to regulate neurite extension. ..
- Leon B, Tsigelny I, Adams J. Electrostatic environment surrounding the activation loop phosphotyrosine in the oncoprotein v-Fps. Biochemistry. 2001;40:10078-86 pubmed..While this strain is not relieved in the phosphorylated form, the improvements in catalysis in activated v-Fps compensate for reduced metal and substrate binding affinities. ..
- Patel H, Hamuro L, Chun B, Kawaraguchi Y, Quick A, Rebolledo B, et al. Disruption of protein kinase A localization using a trans-activator of transcription (TAT)-conjugated A-kinase-anchoring peptide reduces cardiac function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27632-40 pubmed publisher..Disruption of PKA localization with TAT-AKAD thus had negative effects on chronotropy, inotropy, and lusitropy, thereby indicating a key role for AKAP-targeted PKA in control of heart rate and contractile function. ..
- Murphy S, Alton G, Bailey S, Baxi S, Burke B, Chappie T, et al. Discovery of novel, potent, and selective inhibitors of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase (PDK1). J Med Chem. 2011;54:8490-500 pubmed publisher..The cellular potency of these analogues was assessed by the inhibition of AKT phosphorylation (T308) and by their antiproliferation activity against a number of tumor cell lines. ..
- Farre J, Burkenroad A, Burnett S, Subramani S. Phosphorylation of mitophagy and pexophagy receptors coordinates their interaction with Atg8 and Atg11. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:441-9 pubmed publisher..We present a common model for the phosphoregulation of selective autophagy receptors...
- Kanemitsu M, Jiang W, Eckhart W. Cdc2-mediated phosphorylation of the gap junction protein, connexin43, during mitosis. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:13-21 pubmed..We conclude that phosphorylation of Cx43 by p34cdc2/cyclin B may contribute to the increased Cx43 phosphorylation and reduced gap junctional communication observed during mitosis. ..
- Zhang Y, Kim Y, Genoud N, Gao J, Kelly J, Pfaff S, et al. Determinants for dephosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain by Scp1. Mol Cell. 2006;24:759-770 pubmed publisher..Ser5 of the CTD heptad repeat. Moreover, these results provide a template for the design of specific inhibitors of Scp1 for the study of neuronal stem cell development. ..
- Rockenstein E, Torrance M, Adame A, Mante M, Bar On P, Rose J, et al. Neuroprotective effects of regulators of the glycogen synthase kinase-3beta signaling pathway in a transgenic model of Alzheimer's disease are associated with reduced amyloid precursor protein phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1981-91 pubmed
- Aubol B, Adams J. Applying the brakes to multisite SR protein phosphorylation: substrate-induced effects on the splicing kinase SRPK1. Biochemistry. 2011;50:6888-900 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the protein substrate actively modulates initiation, extension, and termination events associated with prolonged, multisite phosphorylation...
- Goodfellow V, Loweth C, Ravula S, WIEMANN T, Nguyen T, Xu Y, et al. Discovery, synthesis, and characterization of an orally bioavailable, brain penetrant inhibitor of mixed lineage kinase 3. J Med Chem. 2013;56:8032-48 pubmed publisher..We compare the kinase specificity and BBB penetration of 1 with CEP-1347 (2). Compound 1 is well tolerated, with excellent in vivo activity in HAND models, and is under investigation for further development...
- Craig R, Larkin A, Mingo A, Thuerauf D, Andrews C, McDonough P, et al. p38 MAPK and NF-kappa B collaborate to induce interleukin-6 gene expression and release. Evidence for a cytoprotective autocrine signaling pathway in a cardiac myocyte model system. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23814-24 pubmed..Moreover, the myocyte-derived IL-6 may then function in an autocrine and/or paracrine fashion to augment myocardial cell survival during stresses that activate p38. ..
- Humphries K, Deal M, Taylor S. Enhanced dephosphorylation of cAMP-dependent protein kinase by oxidation and thiol modification. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2750-8 pubmed..Our results also demonstrated that NEM treatment of PC12 cells enhanced the dephosphorylation of the protein kinase Calpha activation loop, suggesting a common mechanism of regulation among members of the AGC family of kinases. ..
- Iyer G, Moore M, Taylor S. Consequences of lysine 72 mutation on the phosphorylation and activation state of cAMP-dependent kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8800-7 pubmed
- Montalban A, Boman E, Chang C, Ceide S, Dahl R, Dalesandro D, et al. KR-003048, a potent, orally active inhibitor of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;632:93-102 pubmed publisher..o. Collagen-induced arthritis in mice was significantly inhibited by 10 and 30mg/kg doses of KR-003048. Evidence for disease-modifying activity in this model was indicated by histological evaluation of joints. ..
- Cooper J, Hunter T. Four different classes of retroviruses induce phosphorylation of tyrosines present in similar cellular proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1981;1:394-407 pubmed..We conclude that representatives of four apparently unrelated classes of transforming retroviruses all induce the phosphorylation of tyrosines present in the same set of cellular proteins. ..
- Czarny M, Schnitzer J. Neutral sphingomyelinase inhibitor scyphostatin prevents and ceramide mimics mechanotransduction in vascular endothelium. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H1344-52 pubmed..Thus N-SMase at the plasma membrane in caveolae may be an upstream initiating mechanosensor, which acutely triggers mechanotransduction by generation of the lipid second messenger ceramide. ..
- Deckert M, Elly C, Altman A, Liu Y. Coordinated regulation of the tyrosine phosphorylation of Cbl by Fyn and Syk tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8867-74 pubmed..These findings implicate Fyn as an adaptor protein that facilitates the interaction between Syk and Cbl, and suggest that Src and Syk family PTKs coordinately regulate the tyrosine phosphorylation of Cbl. ..
- Liu Y, Witte S, Liu Y, Doyle M, Elly C, Altman A. Regulation of protein kinase Ctheta function during T cell activation by Lck-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3603-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Lck plays an important role in tyrosine phosphorylation of PKCtheta, which may in turn modulate the physiological functions of PKCtheta during TCR-induced T cell activation. ..
- Keely S, Calandrella S, Barrett K. Carbachol-stimulated transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase in T(84) cells is mediated by intracellular Ca2+, PYK-2, and p60(src). J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12619-25 pubmed..This pathway represents a mechanism that limits CCh-stimulated chloride secretion across intestinal epithelia. ..
- Shubayev V, Myers R. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 promotes nerve growth factor-induced neurite elongation but not new sprout formation in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:229-39 pubmed..These findings suggest that MMP-9 regulates neurite extension in regenerating peripheral nerve fibers and, therefore, might be of therapeutic value in promoting regeneration in vivo. ..
- Yang C, Zhou W, Jeon M, Demydenko D, Harada Y, Zhou H, et al. Negative regulation of the E3 ubiquitin ligase itch via Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2006;21:135-41 pubmed..Thus, in contrast to the activation pathway mediated by serine/threonine phosphorylation, tyrosine phosphorylation of Itch plays a negative role in modulating Itch-promoted ubiquitination. ..
- Bandyopadhyay K, Lee C, Haghighi A, Baneres J, Parello J, Gjerset R. Serine phosphorylation-dependent coregulation of topoisomerase I by the p14ARF tumor suppressor. Biochemistry. 2007;46:14325-34 pubmed..Certain cancer associated defects affecting ARF/topoisomerase I complex formation could contribute to cellular resistance to camptothecin. ..
- Amako Y, Syed G, Siddiqui A. Protein kinase D negatively regulates hepatitis C virus secretion through phosphorylation of oxysterol-binding protein and ceramide transfer protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11265-74 pubmed publisher..These observations imply that PKD negatively regulates HCV secretion/release by attenuating OSBP and CERT functions by phosphorylation inhibition. This study identifies the key role of the Golgi components in the HCV maturation process. ..
- Betts G, van der Geer P, Komives E. Structural and functional consequences of tyrosine phosphorylation in the LRP1 cytoplasmic domain. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15656-64 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Shp2 binds most strongly when both of the NPXY motifs in LRP1 are phosphorylated. ..
- Lindberg R, Fischer W, Hunter T. Characterization of a human protein threonine kinase isolated by screening an expression library with antibodies to phosphotyrosine. Oncogene. 1993;8:351-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PYT is primarily a protein threonine kinase, but that it can phosphorylate tyrosine to a small extent, making it a potential dual-specificity protein kinase. ..
- Smyth S, Sciorra V, Sigal Y, Pamuklar Z, Wang Z, Xu Y, et al. Lipid phosphate phosphatases regulate lysophosphatidic acid production and signaling in platelets: studies using chemical inhibitors of lipid phosphate phosphatase activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43214-23 pubmed
- Djakovic S, Marquez Lona E, Jakawich S, Wright R, Chu C, Sutton M, et al. Phosphorylation of Rpt6 regulates synaptic strength in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5126-31 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that CaMKII-dependent phosphorylation of Rpt6 at S120 may be an important regulatory mechanism for proteasome-dependent control of synaptic remodeling in slow homeostatic plasticity. ..
- Unett D, Gatlin J, Anthony T, Buzard D, Chang S, Chen C, et al. Kinetics of 5-HT2B receptor signaling: profound agonist-dependent effects on signaling onset and duration. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;347:645-59 pubmed publisher..The novel, sustained nature of ergot signaling reported here may represent an additional mechanism contributing to the valvulopathic potential of these compounds. ..
- Kim T, Lara Gonzalez P, Prevo B, Meitinger F, Cheerambathur D, Oegema K, et al. Kinetochores accelerate or delay APC/C activation by directing Cdc20 to opposing fates. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1089-1094 pubmed publisher..The microtubule attachment status of kinetochores therefore optimizes mitotic duration by controlling the balance between opposing Cdc20 fates. ..
- Ugi S, Imamura T, Ricketts W, Olefsky J. Protein phosphatase 2A forms a molecular complex with Shc and regulates Shc tyrosine phosphorylation and downstream mitogenic signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2375-87 pubmed
- Arriola D, Mayo S, Skarra D, Benson C, Thackray V. FOXO1 transcription factor inhibits luteinizing hormone ? gene expression in pituitary gonadotrope cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33424-35 pubmed..Our study also suggests that FOXO1 may play an important role in controlling LH levels in response to metabolic cues...
- Herdegen T, Claret F, Kallunki T, Martin Villalba A, Winter C, Hunter T, et al. Lasting N-terminal phosphorylation of c-Jun and activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinases after neuronal injury. J Neurosci. 1998;18:5124-35 pubmed..These results demonstrate that lasting c-Jun S73 phosphorylation and JNK activity are part of neuronal stress response after neurodegenerative disorders in the adult mammalian brain with Fas-ligand as a putative apoptotic effector. ..
- Saxena M, Williams S, Tasken K, Mustelin T. Crosstalk between cAMP-dependent kinase and MAP kinase through a protein tyrosine phosphatase. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:305-11 pubmed..We conclude that HePTP not only controls the activity of MAP kinases, but also mediates crosstalk between the cAMP system and the MAP-kinase cascade. ..
- Jennings L, Malecki M, Komives E, Taylor P. Direct analysis of the kinetic profiles of organophosphate-acetylcholinesterase adducts by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11083-91 pubmed..For dimethyl phosphorylated AChE, OP exposure has been monitored by the ratio of tryptic peptide peaks that correspond to unmodified (uninhibited and/or reactivated), inhibited, and aged enzyme. ..
- Broderick K, Singh V, Zhuang S, Kambo A, Chen J, Sharma V, et al. Nitric oxide scavenging by the cobalamin precursor cobinamide. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8678-85 pubmed..As part of these studies, we developed a facile method for producing and purifying cobinamide. We conclude that cobinamide is an effective intra- and extracellular NO scavenger whose modest toxicity can be eliminated by cobalamin. ..
- Sefton B. Detection of phosphorylation by immunological techniques. Curr Protoc Protein Sci. 2001;Chapter 13:Unit13.4 pubmed publisher..This unit presents a protocol employing anti-phosphotyrosine antibodies with detection by either (125)I-labeled protein A or enhanced chemiluminescence (ECL). ..
- Lieser S, Shaffer J, Adams J. SRC tail phosphorylation is limited by structural changes in the regulatory tyrosine kinase Csk. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38004-12 pubmed
- Zhang T, Kohlhaas M, Backs J, Mishra S, Phillips W, Dybkova N, et al. CaMKIIdelta isoforms differentially affect calcium handling but similarly regulate HDAC/MEF2 transcriptional responses. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35078-87 pubmed
- Mittal Y, Pavlova Y, Garcia Marcos M, Ghosh P. Src homology domain 2-containing protein-tyrosine phosphatase-1 (SHP-1) binds and dephosphorylates G(alpha)-interacting, vesicle-associated protein (GIV)/Girdin and attenuates the GIV-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32404-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SHP-1 antagonizes the action of receptor and non-receptor-tyrosine kinases on GIV and down-regulates the phospho-GIV-PI3K-Akt axis of signaling. ..
- Lu M, Sarruf D, Li P, Osborn O, Sanchez Alavez M, Talukdar S, et al. Neuronal Sirt1 deficiency increases insulin sensitivity in both brain and peripheral tissues. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10722-35 pubmed publisher..Interventions that reduce neuronal Sirt1 activity have the potential to improve systemic insulin action and limit weight gain on an obesigenic diet. ..
- Stein B, Brady H, Yang M, Young D, Barbosa M. Cloning and characterization of MEK6, a novel member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase cascade. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:11427-33 pubmed..This separates MEK6 from the ERK subgroup of protein kinases. MEK6 is only a poor substrate for MEKK, a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase that efficiently phosphorylates the related family member JNKK. ..
- Gibson R, Taylor S. Dissecting the cooperative reassociation of the regulatory and catalytic subunits of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Role of Trp-196 in the catalytic subunit. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31998-2005 pubmed..One of these mutants, rR(R333K), having a defect in cAMP binding site B formed a stable complex with rC(W196R) in the absence of cAMP. However, unlike wild-type holoenzyme, this complex was active. ..
- Yeakley J, Tronchere H, Olesen J, Dyck J, Wang H, Fu X. Phosphorylation regulates in vivo interaction and molecular targeting of serine/arginine-rich pre-mRNA splicing factors. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:447-55 pubmed
- Zhang C, Yan Z, Painter C, Zhang Q, Chen E, Arango M, et al. PF-00477736 mediates checkpoint kinase 1 signaling pathway and potentiates docetaxel-induced efficacy in xenografts. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4630-40 pubmed publisher..Chk1 inhibitor PF-00477736 offers a therapeutic potential for the enhancement of taxane therapy. ..
- Teachenor R, Beck K, Wright L, Shen Z, Briggs S, Murre C. Biochemical and phosphoproteomic analysis of the helix-loop-helix protein E47. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1671-82 pubmed publisher..In sum, these studies show that the entire ensemble of Id proteins has the ability to interact with E47, identify factors that associate with E47, and reveal a spectrum of phosphorylated residues in E47, including an AKT substrate site. ..
- Saxena M, Williams S, Gilman J, Mustelin T. Negative regulation of T cell antigen receptor signal transduction by hematopoietic tyrosine phosphatase (HePTP). J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15340-4 pubmed..Together these findings suggest that HePTP plays an active negative role in TCR signaling by dephosphorylating one or several signaling molecules between the receptor and the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. ..
- Saxena M, Williams S, Brockdorff J, Gilman J, Mustelin T. Inhibition of T cell signaling by mitogen-activated protein kinase-targeted hematopoietic tyrosine phosphatase (HePTP). J Biol Chem. 1999;274:11693-700 pubmed
- Xu S, Abbasian M, Patel P, Jensen Pergakes K, Lombardo C, Cathers B, et al. Substrate recognition and ubiquitination of SCFSkp2/Cks1 ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15462-70 pubmed..In the absence of p27, Cdk2/E and Cks1 increase Skp2 phosphorylation. This phosphorylation enhances Skp2 auto-ubiquitination, whereas p27 inhibits both phosphorylation and auto-ubiquitination of Skp2. ..
- Meyer A, McAndrew C, Donoghue D. Nordihydroguaiaretic acid inhibits an activated fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 mutant and blocks downstream signaling in multiple myeloma cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7362-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibitory small molecules such as NDGA that target a specific subcellular compartment may be beneficial in the inhibition of activated receptors such as FGFR3 that signal from the same compartment...
- Kodama Y, Taura K, Miura K, Schnabl B, Osawa Y, Brenner D. Antiapoptotic effect of c-Jun N-terminal Kinase-1 through Mcl-1 stabilization in TNF-induced hepatocyte apoptosis. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1423-34 pubmed publisher..jnk2-/- Hepatocytes are resistant to TNF-induced apoptosis. Activated JNK1 contributes to this antiapoptotic phenotype of jnk2-/- hepatocytes through phosphorylation-mediated stabilization of Mcl-1. ..
- Lin A, Eliceiri B, Levin E. FAK mediates the inhibition of glioma cell migration by truncated 24 kDa FGF-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:503-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the inhibition of cell migration by ATE+31 occurs via Tyr(407)-FAK and Ser(732)-FAK. ..
- Schlaepfer D, Hanks S, Hunter T, van der Geer P. Integrin-mediated signal transduction linked to Ras pathway by GRB2 binding to focal adhesion kinase. Nature. 1994;372:786-91 pubmed..Phosphorylation of FAK at Tyr 925 upon fibronectin stimulation creates an SH2-binding site for GRB2 which may link integrin engagement to the activation of the Ras/MAPK signal transduction pathway. ..
- von Willebrand M, Williams S, Saxena M, Gilman J, Tailor P, Jascur T, et al. Modification of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase SH2 domain binding properties by Abl- or Lck-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation at Tyr-688. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3994-4000 pubmed
- Qiu W, Zhuang S, von Lintig F, Boss G, Pilz R. Cell type-specific regulation of B-Raf kinase by cAMP and 14-3-3 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31921-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that 14-3-3 bound to B-Raf protects the enzyme from protein kinase A-mediated inhibition; the amount of 14-3-3 associated with B-Raf may explain the tissue-specific effects of cAMP on B-Raf kinase activity. ..
- Hevener A, Reichart D, Janez A, Olefsky J. Female rats do not exhibit free fatty acid-induced insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2002;51:1907-12 pubmed..Our findings indicate that female animals are protected from lipid-induced reductions in insulin action. ..
- Tran K, Kamil J, Coen D, Spector D. Inactivation and disassembly of the anaphase-promoting complex during human cytomegalovirus infection is associated with degradation of the APC5 and APC4 subunits and does not require UL97-mediated phosphorylation of Cdh1. J Virol. 2010;84:10832-43 pubmed publisher..Immediate early viral gene expression was not sufficient for the degradation of APC4 and APC5, indicating that a viral early gene product(s), possibly in association with a de novo-synthesized cellular protein(s), is involved. ..
- Orita S, Henry K, Mantuano E, Yamauchi K, De Corato A, Ishikawa T, et al. Schwann cell LRP1 regulates remak bundle ultrastructure and axonal interactions to prevent neuropathic pain. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5590-602 pubmed publisher..Mice in which LRP1 is deficient in Schwann cells represent a model for studying how abnormalities in Schwann cell physiology may facilitate and sustain chronic pain. ..
- Zhang Z, Elly C, Altman A, Liu Y. Dual regulation of T cell receptor-mediated signaling by oncogenic Cbl mutant 70Z. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4883-9 pubmed
- Clemm D, Sherman L, Boonyaratanakornkit V, Schrader W, Weigel N, Edwards D. Differential hormone-dependent phosphorylation of progesterone receptor A and B forms revealed by a phosphoserine site-specific monoclonal antibody. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:52-65 pubmed..That Ser 294 lies within an inhibitory domain that mediates the unique repressive functions of PR-A raises the possibility that differential phosphorylation of Ser 294 is involved in the distinct functional properties of PR-A and PR-B. ..
- Calandrella S, Barrett K, Keely S. Transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor mediates muscarinic stimulation of focal adhesion kinase in intestinal epithelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:103-10 pubmed..GqPCR-induced FAK activation is mediated by via a pathway involving transactivation of the EGFr and alterations in the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Taylor S, Sun C, Hsieh A, Andon N, Ghosh S. A sulfated, phosphorylated 7 kDa secreted peptide characterized by direct analysis of cell culture media. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:795-802 pubmed publisher..The sulfation site was not previously described nor predicted by informatic analysis of the peptide's precursor sequence. ..
- Huang S, Hancock M, Pitman J, Orth A, Gekakis N. Negative regulators of insulin signaling revealed in a genome-wide functional screen. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6871 pubmed publisher..The present data demonstrate that the application of arrayed genome-wide screening technologies to insulin signaling is fruitful and is likely to reveal novel drug targets for insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Bicknell A, Tourtellotte J, Niwa M. Late phase of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response pathway is regulated by Hog1 MAP kinase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17545-55 pubmed publisher..From its cytoplasmic location, Hog1 contributes to the activation of autophagy by enhancing the stability of Atg8, a critical autophagy protein. Thus, Hog1 coordinates a multifaceted response to persistent ER stress. ..
- CANDELARIO J, Tavakoli H, Chachisvilis M. PTH1 receptor is involved in mediating cellular response to long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52583 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate for the first time that LCPUFAs, EPA and DHA, can activate PTH1R receptor at nanomolar concentrations and consequently provide a putative molecular mechanism for the action of fatty acids in bone. ..
- Rao S, Sellers Z, Crombie D, Hogan D, Mann E, Childs D, et al. A role for guanylate cyclase C in acid-stimulated duodenal mucosal bicarbonate secretion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G95-G101 pubmed..On the basis of these studies, we conclude that transmembrane GC-C is a key mediator of acid-stimulated duodenal HCO3- secretion. Furthermore, ERK phosphorylation may be an important intracellular mediator of duodenal HCO3- secretion. ..
- Geiduschek E, Kassavetis G. Transcription: adjusting to adversity by regulating RNA polymerase. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R849-51 pubmed