Experts and Doctors on oxygen in Torrance, California, United States
Locale: Torrance, California, United States
- Roberts T, Caston Balderrama A, Nijland M, Ross M. Central neuropeptide Y stimulates ingestive behavior and increases urine output in the ovine fetus. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;279:E494-500 pubmed..21 +/- 0.04; 6 h: 0. 19 +/- 0.03 ml.kg(-1).min(-1)). These results demonstrate that central NPY stimulates fetal swallowing activity and increases urine output, which may contribute to the in utero development of ingestive behavior...
- Smith L, Ikegami M, Calvario G, Surdilla J, Ervin M. Renal responses to angiotensin II receptor blockade in ventilated preterm newborn lambs. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1999;11:419-24 pubmed..1) angiotensin II contributes to the regulation of renal function in 120-day preterm lambs without changing blood pressure and (2) angiotensin II-mediated feedback inhibition of renin release is uncoupled in preterm newborns. ..
- Ibe B, Portugal A, Usha Raj J. Metabolism of platelet activating factor by intrapulmonary vascular smooth muscle cells. Effect of oxygen on phospholipase A2 protein expression and activities of acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase and cholinephosphotransferase. Mol Genet Metab. 2002;77:237-48 pubmed..We speculate that in vivo, a high PAF level in veins will make more PAF available for binding to its receptors so as to sustain the desired high venous tone in the fetal pulmonary circulation. ..
- Rehan V, Torday J. Hyperoxia augments pulmonary lipofibroblast-to-myofibroblast transdifferentiation. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2003;38:239-50 pubmed..These results suggest that exposure to hyperoxia (95% O2) augments the transdifferentiation of pulmonary lipofibroblasts to myofibroblasts. ..
- Li J, French B, Wu Y, Vanketesh R, Montgomery R, Bardag Gorce F, et al. Liver hypoxia and lack of recovery after reperfusion at high blood alcohol levels in the intragastric feeding model of alcohol liver disease. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004;77:184-92 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that hypoxia occurs at the peaks of the BAL cycle and recovery from ischemia is impaired at the peaks. ..
- Santillanes G, Gausche Hill M, Sosa B. Preparedness of selected pediatric offices to respond to critical emergencies in children. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006;22:694-8 pubmed..Even after treating a critically ill child who required advanced cardiac and/or pulmonary support, offices were ill prepared to handle another serious pediatric illness or injury. ..
- Sun X, Hansen J, Stringer W. Oxygen uptake efficiency plateau: physiology and reference values. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012;112:919-28 pubmed publisher..OUEP is advantageous, since it measures maximal oxygen extraction from ventilated air but does not require high intensity exercise. The OUEP is a non-invasive parameter dependent only on age, gender, height, and cardiovascular health. ..
- Cannon D, Howe F, Whipp B, Ward S, McIntyre D, Ladroue C, et al. Muscle metabolism and activation heterogeneity by combined 31P chemical shift and T2 imaging, and pulmonary O2 uptake during incremental knee-extensor exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;115:839-49 pubmed publisher..How these signals integrate to limit muscle power production, while regional "recruitable muscle" energy stores are presumably still available, remains uncertain...