Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in San Francisco, California, United States
Locale: San Francisco, California, United States
Topic: nuclear proteins
- Ptacek L, Jones C, Fu Y. Novel insights from genetic and molecular characterization of the human clock. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2007;72:273-7 pubmed publisher..It should also lead to new strategies for pharmacological manipulation of the human clock to improve the treatment of jet lag, various clock-related sleep and psychiatric disorders, and other human diseases. ..
- Faouzi S, Medzihradszky K, Hefner C, Maher J, Correia M. Characterization of the physiological turnover of native and inactivated cytochromes P450 3A in cultured rat hepatocytes: a role for the cytosolic AAA ATPase p97?. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7793-803 pubmed..These findings clearly reveal that native CYPs 3A undergo UPD and implicate a role for p97 in this process. ..
- Shao L, Oshima S, Duong B, Advincula R, Barrera J, Malynn B, et al. A20 restricts wnt signaling in intestinal epithelial cells and suppresses colon carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62223 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate new roles for A20 in restricting ?-catenin signaling and preventing colon tumorigenesis. ..
- Menuz K, O Brien J, Karmizadegan S, Bredt D, Nicoll R. TARP redundancy is critical for maintaining AMPA receptor function. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8740-6 pubmed publisher..This study establishes a new role for TARPs in regulating AMPA receptor assembly and suggests that TARPs are necessary for proper AMPA receptor localization and function in most, if not all, neurons of the CNS. ..
- Chen R, Brady D, Smith D, Murray A, Hardwick K. The spindle checkpoint of budding yeast depends on a tight complex between the Mad1 and Mad2 proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2607-18 pubmed..Deletion and mutational analysis of both proteins indicate that association of Mad2p with Mad1p is critical for checkpoint function and for hyperphosphorylation of Mad1p...
- Putney L, Barber D. Na-H exchange-dependent increase in intracellular pH times G2/M entry and transition. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44645-9 pubmed
- Burton E, Lamborn K, Forsyth P, Scott J, O Campo J, Uyehara Lock J, et al. Aberrant p53, mdm2, and proliferation differ in glioblastomas from long-term compared with typical survivors. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:180-7 pubmed..They were less likely to exhibit mdm2 overexpression and had a lower proliferation rate compared with typical GBM survivors. ..
- Rozansky D, Wang J, Doan N, Purdy T, Faulk T, Bhargava A, et al. Hypotonic induction of SGK1 and Na+ transport in A6 cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F105-13 pubmed..Moreover, these data lend support to the view that SGK1 contributes to the defense of extracellular fluid volume and tonicity in amphibia by mediating a component of the hypotonic induction of distal nephron Na+ transport. ..
- Drozina G, Kohoutek J, Nishiya T, Peterlin B. Sequential modifications in class II transactivator isoform 1 induced by lipopolysaccharide stimulate major histocompatibility complex class II transcription in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39963-70 pubmed..Subsequent polyubiquitylation results in the degradation of CIITA isoform 1. Thus, the signaling cascade from Toll-like receptor 4 to CIITA isoform 1 represents one connection between innate and adaptive immunity in macrophages. ..
- Franciosi F, Manandhar S, Conti M. FSH Regulates mRNA Translation in Mouse Oocytes and Promotes Developmental Competence. Endocrinology. 2016;157:872-82 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a molecular rationale for the use of FSH to improve egg quality. ..
- Tabtiang R, Herskowitz I. Nuclear proteins Nut1p and Nut2p cooperate to negatively regulate a Swi4p-dependent lacZ reporter gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4707-18 pubmed..These results suggest that Nut1p, Nut2p, Sin4p, and Ccr4p define a group of proteins that negatively regulate transcription in a subtle manner which is revealed by artificial reporter genes. ..
- Zhu S, Wildonger J, Barshow S, Younger S, Huang Y, Lee T. The bHLH repressor Deadpan regulates the self-renewal and specification of Drosophila larval neural stem cells independently of Notch. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46724 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Dpn plays important roles in maintaining NB self-renewal and specification of type II NBs in larval brains and that Dpn and Notch function independently in regulating type II NB proliferation and specification. ..
- Xiao Y, Yang Y, Burckin T, Shiue L, Hartzog G, Segal M. Analysis of a splice array experiment elucidates roles of chromatin elongation factor Spt4-5 in splicing. PLoS Comput Biol. 2005;1:e39 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Spt4-Spt5 complex may help coordinate splicing with transcription under conditions that present kinetic challenges to spliceosome assembly or function. ..
- Fung J, Marshall W, Dernburg A, Agard D, Sedat J. Homologous chromosome pairing in Drosophila melanogaster proceeds through multiple independent initiations. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:5-20 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that simple random contacts through diffusion could suffice to allow pairing of homologous sites. ..
- Shen W, Chrobak D, Krishnan K, Lawrence H, Largman C. HOXB6 protein is bound to CREB-binding protein and represses globin expression in a DNA binding-dependent, PBX interaction-independent process. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39895-904 pubmed..Our data suggest that the homeodomain contains most or all of the important structures required for HOXB6 activity in blood cells. ..
- Tompa R, Madhani H. Histone H3 lysine 36 methylation antagonizes silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae independently of the Rpd3S histone deacetylase complex. Genetics. 2007;175:585-93 pubmed..Thus, antagonism of silencing is independent of the only known effector of this conserved histone modification. ..
- Hung M, Lin Y, Mao J, Kim I, Xu Z, Yang C, et al. Functional polymorphism of the CK2alpha intronless gene plays oncogenic roles in lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11418 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with an important role for the 398T allele of the CSNK2A1P in human lung cancer susceptibility. ..
- Yee C, Wang Y, Anderson S, Ekker M, Rubenstein J. Arcuate nucleus expression of NKX2.1 and DLX and lineages expressing these transcription factors in neuropeptide Y(+), proopiomelanocortin(+), and tyrosine hydroxylase(+) neurons in neonatal and adult mice. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:37-50 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for the genetic control of arcuate development and function and for the utility of the Nkx2.1-Cre and Dlx5/6i-Cre mouse lines to alter gene expression in the developing arcuate. ..
- Listerman I, Gazzaniga F, Blackburn E. An investigation of the effects of the core protein telomerase reverse transcriptase on Wnt signaling in breast cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:280-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, our evidence fails to support the idea of a biologically consistent hTERT interaction with the Wnt pathway in human breast cancer cells, and any detectable influence of hTERT depended on cell type and experimental system. ..
- Moehle E, Ryan C, Krogan N, Kress T, Guthrie C. The yeast SR-like protein Npl3 links chromatin modification to mRNA processing. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003101 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal a connection between Npl3 and an extensive array of chromatin factors and describe an unanticipated functional link between histone H2B ubiquitination and pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Royce Tolland M, Andersen A, Koyfman H, Talbot D, Wutz A, Tonks I, et al. The A-repeat links ASF/SF2-dependent Xist RNA processing with random choice during X inactivation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:948-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that modulation of Xist RNA processing may be part of the stochastic process that determines which X chromosome will be inactivated. ..
- Kistler A, Guthrie C. Deletion of MUD2, the yeast homolog of U2AF65, can bypass the requirement for sub2, an essential spliceosomal ATPase. Genes Dev. 2001;15:42-9 pubmed..We propose that Sub2 functionally interacts with Mud2 both before and after PS formation. In the absence of Mud2, Sub2 function becomes dispensable. ..
- Chen M, Wilson C, Li Y, Law K, Lu C, Gacayan R, et al. Cilium-independent regulation of Gli protein function by Sufu in Hedgehog signaling is evolutionarily conserved. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1910-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies delineate important aspects of cilium-dependent and cilium-independent Hh signal transduction and provide significant mechanistic insight into Hh signaling in diverse species. ..
- Wang Y, Zuraek M, Kosaka Y, Ota Y, German M, Deneris E, et al. The ETS oncogene family transcription factor FEV identifies serotonin-producing cells in normal and neoplastic small intestine. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010;17:283-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FEV expression identifies serotonin-producing cells in normal and neoplastic SI and is a novel target for diagnosis of patients with NETs of the SI. ..
- Burns D, Ying W, Kauppinen T, Zhu K, Swanson R. Selective down-regulation of nuclear poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4896 pubmed publisher..These results support a preferentially nuclear localization for full-length PARG, and suggest a key role for this isoform in the PARP-1 cell death pathway. ..
- Gao F, Brenman J, Jan L, Jan Y. Genes regulating dendritic outgrowth, branching, and routing in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2549-61 pubmed..These findings begin to reveal the molecular mechanisms controlling dendritic morphogenesis. ..
- Marimuthu A, Feng W, Tagami T, Nguyen H, Jameson J, Fletterick R, et al. TR surfaces and conformations required to bind nuclear receptor corepressor. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:271-86 pubmed
- Rouach N, Byrd K, Petralia R, Elias G, Adesnik H, Tomita S, et al. TARP gamma-8 controls hippocampal AMPA receptor number, distribution and synaptic plasticity. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1525-33 pubmed
- Musone S, Taylor K, Lu T, Nititham J, Ferreira R, Ortmann W, et al. Multiple polymorphisms in the TNFAIP3 region are independently associated with systemic lupus erythematosus. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1062-4 pubmed publisher..These findings provide critical links between A20 and the etiology of SLE. ..
- Kariya K, Farrance I, Simpson P. Transcriptional enhancer factor-1 in cardiac myocytes interacts with an alpha 1-adrenergic- and beta-protein kinase C-inducible element in the rat beta-myosin heavy chain promoter. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:26658-62 pubmed
- Kalfa N, Liu B, Klein O, Ophir K, Audran F, Wang M, et al. Mutations of CXorf6 are associated with a range of severities of hypospadias. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;159:453-8 pubmed publisher..CXorf6 mutations are associated with isolated hypospadias of varying severity. However, the pathophysiology of these mutations and the function of the CXorf6 gene product remain to be investigated. ..
- Wilson M, Yang K, Kalousova A, Lau J, Kosaka Y, Lynn F, et al. The HMG box transcription factor Sox4 contributes to the development of the endocrine pancreas. Diabetes. 2005;54:3402-9 pubmed..We show here that several Sox transcription factors are expressed in the developing pancreas and in the islet, and that one of these factors, Sox4, is required for the normal development of pancreatic islets. ..
- Oda Y, Chalkley R, Burlingame A, Bikle D. The transcriptional coactivator DRIP/mediator complex is involved in vitamin D receptor function and regulates keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:2377-88 pubmed publisher..These results show that keratinocytes use the transcriptional coactivator mediator to regulate VDR functions and control keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Bourguignon L, Wong G, Earle C, Krueger K, Spevak C. Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction promotes c-Src-mediated twist signaling, microRNA-10b expression, and RhoA/RhoC up-regulation, leading to Rho-kinase-associated cytoskeleton activation and breast tumor cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36721-35 pubmed publisher..All of these events are critical prerequisite steps for the acquisition of metastatic properties by human breast cancer cells. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Parra M, Vries R, Kauder S, Verrijzer C, Ott M, et al. The SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex is a cofactor for Tat transactivation of the HIV promoter. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19960-8 pubmed..This synergism depended on the acetyltransferase activity of p300 and on Tat Lys(50) and Lys(51). In conclusion, Tat-mediated activation of the HIV promoter requires the SWI/SNF complex in synergy with the coactivator p300. ..
- Sharp L, Shinoda K, Ohno H, Scheel D, Tomoda E, Ruiz L, et al. Human BAT possesses molecular signatures that resemble beige/brite cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49452 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that human BAT may be primary composed of beige/brite cells. ..
- Xie Z, Komuves L, Yu Q, Elalieh H, Ng D, Leary C, et al. Lack of the vitamin D receptor is associated with reduced epidermal differentiation and hair follicle growth. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:11-6 pubmed
- Angeli S, Shao J, Diamond M. F-actin binding regions on the androgen receptor and huntingtin increase aggregation and alter aggregate characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9053 pubmed publisher..These regions thus appear to alter the aggregation frequency and type of polyglutamine-induced aggregation. These findings highlight the importance of flanking sequences in determining the propensity of unstable proteins to misfold. ..
- Blanco I, Kuchenbaecker K, Cuadras D, Wang X, Barrowdale D, de Garibay G, et al. Assessing associations between the AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 functional module and breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120020 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of this study support the hypothesis of a causative link between altered function of AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 and breast carcinogenesis in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. ..
- Paddy M, Belmont A, Saumweber H, Agard D, Sedat J. Interphase nuclear envelope lamins form a discontinuous network that interacts with only a fraction of the chromatin in the nuclear periphery. Cell. 1990;62:89-106 pubmed
- Hunkapiller J, Shen Y, Diaz A, Cagney G, McCleary D, Ramalho Santos M, et al. Polycomb-like 3 promotes polycomb repressive complex 2 binding to CpG islands and embryonic stem cell self-renewal. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002576 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pcl3 is a component of PRC2 critical for ESC self-renewal, histone methylation, and recruitment of PRC2 to a subset of its genomic sites. ..
- Nguyen V, Co C, Irie K, Li J. Clb/Cdc28 kinases promote nuclear export of the replication initiator proteins Mcm2-7. Curr Biol. 2000;10:195-205 pubmed..Such an arrangement could ensure that Mcm proteins complete their replication function before they are removed from the nucleus. ..
- Sabbatini P, McCormick F. MDMX inhibits the p300/CBP-mediated acetylation of p53. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:519-25 pubmed..These results may have important biologic implications with respect to the MDMX-mediated regulation of p53 activity during development. ..
- Huuskonen J, Vishnu M, Pullinger C, Fielding P, Fielding C. Regulation of ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 transcription by thyroid hormone receptor. Biochemistry. 2004;43:1626-32 pubmed..These data identify a novel regulatory mechanism for ABCA1 and suggest new strategies to modify its expression...
- Reynolds P, Sigaroudinia M, Zardo G, Wilson M, Benton G, Miller C, et al. Tumor suppressor p16INK4A regulates polycomb-mediated DNA hypermethylation in human mammary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24790-802 pubmed
- Alliston T, Ko T, Cao Y, Liang Y, Feng X, Chang C, et al. Repression of bone morphogenetic protein and activin-inducible transcription by Evi-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24227-37 pubmed..In this way, Evi-1 acts as a general Smad corepressor to inhibit TGF-beta-, activin-, and BMP-inducible transcription. ..
- Hammer G, Turer E, Taylor K, Fang C, Advincula R, Oshima S, et al. Expression of A20 by dendritic cells preserves immune homeostasis and prevents colitis and spondyloarthritis. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:1184-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that DCs need A20 to preserve immune quiescence and suggest that A20-dependent DC functions may underlie IBD and IBD-associated arthritides. ..
- Flandin P, Kimura S, Rubenstein J. The progenitor zone of the ventral medial ganglionic eminence requires Nkx2-1 to generate most of the globus pallidus but few neocortical interneurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:2812-23 pubmed publisher..Finally, our analysis provided evidence for a novel cellular component (Nkx2-1(-);Npas1(+)) of the globus pallidus. ..
- Shen W, Krishnan K, Lawrence H, Largman C. The HOX homeodomain proteins block CBP histone acetyltransferase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7509-22 pubmed
- An S, Zheng Y, Bleu T. Sphingosine 1-phosphate-induced cell proliferation, survival, and related signaling events mediated by G protein-coupled receptors Edg3 and Edg5. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:288-96 pubmed..Thus, specific G protein-coupled receptors Edg3 and Edg5 account for, at least in part, S1P-induced cell proliferation, survival, and related signaling events. ..
- Holt L, Krutchinsky A, Morgan D. Positive feedback sharpens the anaphase switch. Nature. 2008;454:353-7 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that coupling securin degradation with changes in Cdk1 and Cdc14 activities helps coordinate the initiation of sister-chromatid separation with changes in spindle dynamics. ..
- Jenkins Y, McEntee M, Weis K, Greene W. Characterization of HIV-1 vpr nuclear import: analysis of signals and pathways. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:875-85 pubmed..Rather, this viral protein appears to directly access the NPC, a property that may help to ensure the capacity of HIV to replicate in nondividing cellular hosts. ..
- Redd M, Arnaud M, Johnson A. A complex composed of tup1 and ssn6 represses transcription in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11193-7 pubmed..Tup1 and Ssn6, which are both phosphoproteins, are the only proteins present in stoichiometric amounts in the complex. We also demonstrate that this purified complex represses transcription in an in vitro assay. ..
- Lund M, Guthrie C. The DEAD-box protein Dbp5p is required to dissociate Mex67p from exported mRNPs at the nuclear rim. Mol Cell. 2005;20:645-51 pubmed..In contrast, the dbp5-trapped mRNPs lack Yra1p. We propose that Dbp5p's function is specifically required to displace Mex67p from exported mRNPs, thus terminating export. ..
- Chen S, Gardner D. Suppression of WEE1 and stimulation of CDC25A correlates with endothelin-dependent proliferation of rat aortic smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13755-63 pubmed..This results from the phosphorylation and subsequent inactivation of two inhibitory kinases (WEE1 and MYT1) that tonically suppress CDK2 and CDC2 activity and activation of a phosphatase (CDC25A) that increases CDK2 activity. ..
- Biggins S, Murray A. Sister chromatid cohesion in mitosis. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1999;9:230-6 pubmed..Proteins that induce and regulate the separation of sister chromatids have also been recently identified. (This review is an updated version of one that was published in Current Opinion in Cell Biology 1998, 10:769-775.) ..
- Huang M, Weiss W. Neuroblastoma and MYCN. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2013;3:a014415 pubmed publisher..This article reviews roles for MYCN in neuroblastoma and highlights recent identification of other driver mutations. Strategies to target MYCN at the level of protein stability and transcription are also reviewed. ..
- Kido T, Lau Y. A Cre gene directed by a human TSPY promoter is specific for germ cells and neurons. Genesis. 2005;42:263-75 pubmed..The tissue-specific expression of the hTSPY-Cre transgene should also be useful in studies utilizing Cre-mediated gene activation/inactivation strategies in gamatogenesis and/or neurogenesis...
- von Figura G, Fukuda A, Roy N, Liku M, Morris Iv J, Kim G, et al. The chromatin regulator Brg1 suppresses formation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:255-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study implicates Brg1 as a determinant of context-dependent Kras-driven pancreatic tumorigenesis and suggests that chromatin remodelling may underlie the development of distinct PDA subsets. ..
- Bartholomeeusen K, Xiang Y, Fujinaga K, Peterlin B. Bromodomain and extra-terminal (BET) bromodomain inhibition activate transcription via transient release of positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) from 7SK small nuclear ribonucleoprotein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36609-16 pubmed publisher..Finally, the effects of JQ1 and HMBA or SAHA on the P-TEFb equilibrium were cooperative. We conclude that HMBA, SAHA, and JQ1 affect transcription elongation by a similar and convergent mechanism. ..
- Chen J, Torcia S, Xie F, Lin C, Cakmak H, Franciosi F, et al. Somatic cells regulate maternal mRNA translation and developmental competence of mouse oocytes. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1415-23 pubmed publisher..These somatic cell signals that affect translation require activation of the PI(3)K-AKT-mTOR pathway. Thus, mRNA translation depends on somatic cell cues that are essential to reprogramme the oocyte for embryo development. ..
- Acharya P, Liao M, Engel J, Correia M. Liver cytochrome P450 3A endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation: a major role for the p97 AAA ATPase in cytochrome P450 3A extraction into the cytosol. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3815-28 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the accumulated parent CYP3A was functionally active, indicating that p97 can regulate physiological CYP3A content and thus influence its clinically relevant function. ..
- Tomlinson M, Kane L, Su J, Kadlecek T, Mollenauer M, Weiss A. Expression and function of Tec, Itk, and Btk in lymphocytes: evidence for a unique role for Tec. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2455-66 pubmed..We hypothesize that Tec functions in activated and effector T lymphocytes to induce the expression of genes regulated by NFAT transcription factors. ..
- Liang Y, Chang J, Lynch S, Lukac D, Ganem D. The lytic switch protein of KSHV activates gene expression via functional interaction with RBP-Jkappa (CSL), the target of the Notch signaling pathway. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1977-89 pubmed..These results indicate that KSHV has evolved a ligand-independent mechanism for constitutive activation of the Notch pathway as a part of its strategy for reactivation from latency. ..
- Lyons N, Fonslow B, Diedrich J, Yates J, Morgan D. Sequential primed kinases create a damage-responsive phosphodegron on Eco1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:194-201 pubmed publisher..This elaborate regulatory system, involving three independent kinases and stringent substrate selection by a ubiquitin ligase, enables robust control of cohesion establishment during normal growth and after stress. ..
- Bier E, Vaessin H, Younger Shepherd S, Jan L, Jan Y. deadpan, an essential pan-neural gene in Drosophila, encodes a helix-loop-helix protein similar to the hairy gene product. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2137-51 pubmed..The function of deadpan is essential for viability and is likely to be involved in the functional rather than the morphological differentiation of neurons. ..
- Ransom J, King I, Garg V, Srivastava D. A rare human sequence variant reveals myocardin autoinhibition. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35845-52 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a novel mechanism that regulates levels of MYOCD-dependent activation of the SRF genetic program differentially in cardiac and smooth muscle. ..
- Rico B, Beggs H, Schahin Reed D, Kimes N, Schmidt A, Reichardt L. Control of axonal branching and synapse formation by focal adhesion kinase. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1059-69 pubmed..Thus, FAK functions as a negative regulator of axonal branching and synapse formation, and it seems to exert its actions, in part, through Rho family GTPases. ..
- Strukov Y, Sural T, Kuroda M, Sedat J. Evidence of activity-specific, radial organization of mitotic chromosomes in Drosophila. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1000574 pubmed publisher..Live high-resolution observations of consecutive condensation states in MSL3-GFP expressing cells could provide additional details regarding the condensation mechanisms. ..
- Swartling F, Grimmer M, Hackett C, Northcott P, Fan Q, Goldenberg D, et al. Pleiotropic role for MYCN in medulloblastoma. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1059-72 pubmed publisher..Targeted expression of MYCN thus contributes to initiation, progression, and maintenance of MB, suggesting a central role for MYCN in pathogenesis. ..
- Vallejo Illarramendi A, Zang K, Reichardt L. Focal adhesion kinase is required for neural crest cell morphogenesis during mouse cardiovascular development. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2218-30 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FAK plays an essential role in cardiac outflow tract development by promoting the activation of molecules such as Crkl and Erk1/2...
- Masuno K, Haldar S, Jeyaraj D, Mailloux C, Huang X, Panettieri R, et al. Expression profiling identifies Klf15 as a glucocorticoid target that regulates airway hyperresponsiveness. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:642-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results further characterize the GR-regulated gene network in ASM and establish a novel role for the GR target, Klf15, in modulating airway function. ..
- Kollman J, Polka J, Zelter A, Davis T, Agard D. Microtubule nucleating gamma-TuSC assembles structures with 13-fold microtubule-like symmetry. Nature. 2010;466:879-82 pubmed publisher..The gamma-TuSC filaments nucleate microtubules at a low level, and the structure provides a strong hypothesis for how nucleation is regulated, converting this less active form to a potent nucleator. ..
- Boone D, Turer E, Lee E, Ahmad R, Wheeler M, Tsui C, et al. The ubiquitin-modifying enzyme A20 is required for termination of Toll-like receptor responses. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:1052-60 pubmed..The critical function of this deubiquitinating enzyme in the restriction of TLR signals emphasizes the importance of the regulation of ubiquitin conjugation in innate immune cells. ..
- Moritz M, Zheng Y, Alberts B, Oegema K. Recruitment of the gamma-tubulin ring complex to Drosophila salt-stripped centrosome scaffolds. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:775-86 pubmed..An additional factor found in the extract is required. These results provide the first evidence that the gammaTuRC is required for microtubule nucleation at the centrosome. ..
- Mitra S, Tsvetkov A, Finkbeiner S. Single neuron ubiquitin-proteasome dynamics accompanying inclusion body formation in huntington disease. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4398-403 pubmed publisher..After forming IBs, impairment is lower in neurons with IBs than in those without. These findings suggest IBs are a protective cellular response to mutant protein mediated in part by improving intracellular protein degradation. ..
- Smith S, Gasa R, Watada H, Wang J, Griffen S, German M. Neurogenin3 and hepatic nuclear factor 1 cooperate in activating pancreatic expression of Pax4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38254-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate how Neurogenin3 and HNF1alpha activate the pax4 gene during the cascade of gene expression events that control pancreatic endocrine cell development. ..
- Mertens P, Alfonso Jaume M, Steinmann K, Lovett D. A synergistic interaction of transcription factors AP2 and YB-1 regulates gelatinase A enhancer-dependent transcription. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32957-65 pubmed..Thus, the transcription of gelatinase A is subject to a previously unrecognized interplay of double (AP2) and single-stranded (YB-1) DNA binding transcription factors to yield a highly regulated pattern of gene expression. ..
- Devineni A, Eddison M, Heberlein U. The novel gene tank, a tumor suppressor homolog, regulates ethanol sensitivity in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8134-43 pubmed publisher..Overall, we have characterized a novel gene and corresponding set of neurons that regulate ethanol sensitivity in Drosophila. ..