Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neuronal plasticity in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Topic: neuronal plasticity
- Pearson Fuhrhop K, Minton B, Acevedo D, Shahbaba B, Cramer S. Genetic variation in the human brain dopamine system influences motor learning and its modulation by L-Dopa. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61197 pubmed publisher..These findings may have clinical applications in post-stroke rehabilitation or the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Bender R, Kirschstein T, Kretz O, Brewster A, Richichi C, Rüschenschmidt C, et al. Localization of HCN1 channels to presynaptic compartments: novel plasticity that may contribute to hippocampal maturation. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4697-706 pubmed..These findings support a novel developmentally regulated axonal transport of functional ion channels and suggest a role for HCN1 channel-mediated presynaptic I(h) in hippocampal maturation. ..
- Lynch G, Kramar E, Rex C, Jia Y, Chappas D, Gall C, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor restores synaptic plasticity in a knock-in mouse model of Huntington's disease. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4424-34 pubmed..That BDNF rescues LTP in HD knock-in mice suggests the possibility of treating cognitive deficits in asymptomatic HD gene carriers by upregulating production of the neurotrophin. ..
- Hsieh C, Hong C, Cramer K. Deletion of EphA4 enhances deafferentation-induced ipsilateral sprouting in auditory brainstem projections. J Comp Neurol. 2007;504:508-18 pubmed..contralateral target choice during deafferentation-induced plasticity. ..
- Riegle K, Meyer R. Rapid homeostatic plasticity in the intact adult visual system. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10556-67 pubmed..Thus, tectal neurons exhibit archetypical homeostasis, one of the first robust examples in the intact adult CNS. ..
- Kubik S, Miyashita T, Guzowski J. Using immediate-early genes to map hippocampal subregional functions. Learn Mem. 2007;14:758-70 pubmed..In closing, we provide a framework for how cutting-edge IEG imaging and intervention techniques will likely contribute to better understanding of the specific functions of CA3 and other hippocampal subregions. ..
- Weinberger N. Associative representational plasticity in the auditory cortex: a synthesis of two disciplines. Learn Mem. 2007;14:1-16 pubmed..The advantages of studying associative representational plasticity are emphasized, as is the need for greater behavioral sophistication. ..
- Vogel Ciernia A, Matheos D, Barrett R, Kramar E, Azzawi S, Chen Y, et al. The neuron-specific chromatin regulatory subunit BAF53b is necessary for synaptic plasticity and memory. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:552-61 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into the role of dominant mutations in subunits of BAF complexes in human intellectual and cognitive disorders. ..
- Poon W, Carlos A, Aguilar B, Berchtold N, Kawano C, Zograbyan V, et al. β-Amyloid (Aβ) oligomers impair brain-derived neurotrophic factor retrograde trafficking by down-regulating ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase, UCH-L1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16937-48 pubmed publisher..Further, our results support the idea that in AD, Aβ may down-regulate UCH-L1 in the AD brain, which in turn impairs BDNF/TrkB-mediated retrograde signaling, compromising synaptic plasticity and neuronal survival. ..
- Reissner K, Shobe J, Carew T. Molecular nodes in memory processing: insights from Aplysia. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:963-74 pubmed
- Weinberger N. Specific long-term memory traces in primary auditory cortex. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2004;5:279-90 pubmed
- Lee D, O Dowd D. cAMP-dependent plasticity at excitatory cholinergic synapses in Drosophila neurons: alterations in the memory mutant dunce. J Neurosci. 2000;20:2104-11 pubmed..In addition, the alterations in dunce neurons suggest that cAMP-dependent plasticity at cholinergic synapses could mediate changes in neuronal communication that contribute to memory formation. ..