Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitogen activated protein kinases in Berkeley, California, United States
Locale: Berkeley, California, United States
Topic: mitogen activated protein kinases
- Westfall P, Thorner J. Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling specificity in response to hyperosmotic stress: use of an analog-sensitive HOG1 allele. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:1215-28 pubmed..Finally, our results demonstrate a role for active Hog1 in maintaining signaling specificity under conditions of persistently high external osmolarity. ..
- Therrien M, Wong A, Kwan E, Rubin G. Functional analysis of CNK in RAS signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13259-63 pubmed..Our results suggest that CNK functions in more than one pathway downstream of RAS. CNK(c-term) seems to regulate RAF, a component of the MAPK pathway, whereas CNK(N-term) seems to be involved in a MAPK-independent pathway. ..
- Bardwell L, Cook J, Zhu Shimoni J, Voora D, Thorner J. Differential regulation of transcription: repression by unactivated mitogen-activated protein kinase Kss1 requires the Dig1 and Dig2 proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15400-5 pubmed
- Bardwell L, Cook J, Voora D, Baggott D, Martinez A, Thorner J. Repression of yeast Ste12 transcription factor by direct binding of unphosphorylated Kss1 MAPK and its regulation by the Ste7 MEK. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2887-98 pubmed
- Ma D, Cook J, Thorner J. Phosphorylation and localization of Kss1, a MAP kinase of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae pheromone response pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:889-909 pubmed..Indirect immunofluorescence demonstrated that Kss1 is concentrated in the nucleus and that its distribution is not altered detectably during signaling. ..
- Ziegelbauer J, Wei J, Tjian R. Myc-interacting protein 1 target gene profile: a link to microtubules, extracellular signal-regulated kinase, and cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:458-63 pubmed..Taken together, our studies suggest that MIZ-1 regulates a specific set of genes that includes LDLR and that the ERK pathway plays a role in the activation of target promoters by MIZ-1. ..
- Huang A, Rubin G. A misexpression screen identifies genes that can modulate RAS1 pathway signaling in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2000;156:1219-30 pubmed..We discuss the utility of gain-of-function screens in identifying new components of signaling pathways in Drosophila. ..
- Chen R, Thorner J. Systematic epistasis analysis of the contributions of protein kinase A- and mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent signaling to nutrient limitation-evoked responses in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;185:855-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, although there are similarities between haploids and diploids, cell type-specific differences clearly alter the balance of the signaling inputs required to elicit the various nutrient limitation-evoked cellular behaviors. ..
- O RIORDAN M, Yi C, Gonzales R, Lee K, Portnoy D. Innate recognition of bacteria by a macrophage cytosolic surveillance pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13861-6 pubmed..Our studies suggest that infection by intracellular bacterial pathogens results in an immune response distinct from that of infection by extracellular bacterial pathogens. ..