Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
Publications663 found, 100 shown here
- Xu Q, Yuan X, Liu G, Black K, Yu J. Hedgehog signaling regulates brain tumor-initiating cell proliferation and portends shorter survival for patients with PTEN-coexpressing glioblastomas. Stem Cells. 2008;26:3018-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, distinct proliferation signaling dependence may underpin glioblastoma propagation by BTSCs. Modeling these BTSC proliferation mechanisms may provide a rationale for individualized glioblastoma treatment. ..
- Guan S, Fan J, Han A, Chen M, Woodley D, Li W. Non-compensating roles between Nckalpha and Nckbeta in PDGF-BB signaling to promote human dermal fibroblast migration. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:1909-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study has elucidated the independent roles and mechanisms of action of Nckalpha and Nckbeta in DF migration, which is critical for wound healing. ..
- Trouiller B, Reliene R, Westbrook A, Solaimani P, Schiestl R. Titanium dioxide nanoparticles induce DNA damage and genetic instability in vivo in mice. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8784-9 pubmed publisher..Given the growing use of TiO(2) nanoparticles, these findings raise concern about potential health hazards associated with TiO(2) nanoparticles exposure. ..
- Lam H, Wu N, Cely I, Kelly R, Hean S, Richter F, et al. Elevated tonic extracellular dopamine concentration and altered dopamine modulation of synaptic activity precede dopamine loss in the striatum of mice overexpressing human ?-synuclein. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:1091-102 pubmed publisher..Together, these data further validate this transgenic mouse line as a slowly progressing model of Parkinson's disease and provide evidence for early dopamine synaptic dysfunction prior to loss of striatal dopamine. ..
- Parrish N, Sudakov B, Eskin E. Genome reassembly with high-throughput sequencing data. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 1:S8 pubmed publisher..The results of applying our method to this simulation data are presented along with a discussion of the benefits and drawbacks of this technique. ..
- Kidani Y, Elsaesser H, Hock M, Vergnes L, Williams K, Argus J, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are essential for the metabolic programming of effector T cells and adaptive immunity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:489-99 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insights into the molecular signals that underlie the metabolic reprogramming of CD8(+) T cells during the transition from quiescence to activation. ..
- Li D, Lin H, McMahon M, Ma H, Ann D. Oncogenic raf-1 induces the expression of non-histone chromosomal architectural protein HMGI-C via a p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in salivary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25062-70 pubmed..Altogether, these findings support the notion that the Raf/MEK/ERK signaling module, at least in part, regulates transcriptional activation of the chromosomal architectural protein HMGI-C. ..
- Harvill E, Preston A, Cotter P, Allen A, Maskell D, Miller J. Multiple roles for Bordetella lipopolysaccharide molecules during respiratory tract infection. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6720-8 pubmed
- Vician L, Silver A, Farias Eisner R, Herschman H. NID67, a small putative membrane protein, is preferentially induced by NGF in PC12 pheochromocytoma cells. J Neurosci Res. 2001;64:108-20 pubmed..Several small membrane proteins are similar to NID67; they contain a transmembrane domain and little more. All of these proteins participate in forming or regulating ion channels. NID67 may play a similar role in cellular physiology. ..
- Lee Y, Campbell H, Stallcup M. Developmentally essential protein flightless I is a nuclear receptor coactivator with actin binding activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2103-17 pubmed..These data suggest that Fli-I may facilitate interaction of the p160 coactivator complex with other coactivators or coactivator complexes containing actin or actin-like proteins. ..
- Chen L, Pai V, Levinson R, Sharpe A, Freeman G, Braun J, et al. Constitutive neuronal expression of the immune regulator, programmed death 1 (PD-1), identified during experimental autoimmune uveitis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2009;17:47-55 pubmed publisher..Programmed death-1 (PD-1) ligation downregulates active lymphocyte responses. The authors tested whether PD-1 or its ligands are expressed in the posterior segment during active intraocular inflammation...
- Lu G, Sun H, She P, Youn J, Warburton S, Ping P, et al. Protein phosphatase 2Cm is a critical regulator of branched-chain amino acid catabolism in mice and cultured cells. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1678-87 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PP2Cm is the endogenous BCKD phosphatase required for nutrient-mediated regulation of BCKD activity and suggest that defects in PP2Cm may be responsible for a subset of human MSUD. ..
- Schauwecker P. Galanin receptor 1 deletion exacerbates hippocampal neuronal loss after systemic kainate administration in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15657 pubmed publisher..From these results, GalR1 protein emerges as a new molecular target that may have a potential therapeutic value in modulating seizure-induced cell death. ..
- Luo B, Lam B, Lee S, Wey S, Zhou H, Wang M, et al. The endoplasmic reticulum chaperone protein GRP94 is required for maintaining hematopoietic stem cell interactions with the adult bone marrow niche. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20364 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies establish GRP94 as a novel cell intrinsic factor required to maintain the interaction of HSCs with their niche, and thus regulate their physiology. ..
- Trivedi D, Colin E, Louie C, Williams D. Live-cell imaging evidence for the ciliary transport of rod photoreceptor opsin by heterotrimeric kinesin-2. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10587-93 pubmed publisher..These studies therefore provide evidence from live-cell analysis that the conserved heterotrimeric kinesin-2 is required for the normal transport of opsin along the ciliary plasma membrane. ..
- Yuan B, Li C, Kimura S, Engelhardt R, Smith B, Minoo P. Inhibition of distal lung morphogenesis in Nkx2.1(-/-) embryos. Dev Dyn. 2000;217:180-90 pubmed..1 independent, while distal lung morphogenesis appears to be strictly dependent on the wild-type activity of Nkx2.1. ..
- Chesnokova V, Kariagina A, Melmed S. Opposing effects of pituitary leukemia inhibitory factor and SOCS-3 on the ACTH axis response to inflammation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002;282:E1110-8 pubmed..05). The results indicate that, although LIF induces ACTH, SOCS-3 acts to counterregulate the HPA axis response to inflammation. ..
- Reddy S, Mistry D, Wang Q, Geddis L, Kutchai H, Moorman J, et al. Effects of age and gene dose on skeletal muscle sodium channel gating in mice deficient in myotonic dystrophy protein kinase. Muscle Nerve. 2002;25:850-7 pubmed..The mechanism of abnormal membrane excitability in DM may in part be silencing of muscle Na channels due to Dmpk deficiency. ..
- Danciger M, Lyon J, Worrill D, Lavail M, Yang H. A strong and highly significant QTL on chromosome 6 that protects the mouse from age-related retinal degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:2442-9 pubmed..The gene represented by the Chr 6 QTL is of particular interest because it has broad influence, very high significance, and a B6 allele that protects against ARD. ..
- Qin J, Richardson L, Jasin M, Handel M, Arnheim N. Mouse strains with an active H2-Ea meiotic recombination hot spot exhibit increased levels of H2-Ea-specific DNA breaks in testicular germ cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1655-66 pubmed..The recombination-related breaks in the hot spot likely reflect SPO11-induced double-strand breaks and/or recombination intermediates containing free 3' hydroxyl groups. ..
- Peterfy M, Phan J, Reue K. Alternatively spliced lipin isoforms exhibit distinct expression pattern, subcellular localization, and role in adipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32883-9 pubmed
- Woodruff M, Olshevskaya E, Savchenko A, Peshenko I, Barrett R, Bush R, et al. Constitutive excitation by Gly90Asp rhodopsin rescues rods from degeneration caused by elevated production of cGMP in the dark. J Neurosci. 2007;27:8805-15 pubmed..These experiments indicate that mutations that lead to increases in cGMP and Ca(2+) can trigger photoreceptor degeneration but that constitutive activation of the transduction cascade in these animals can greatly enhance cell survival. ..
- Xu Y, Zhou Y, Gonzalez F, Snead M. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein delta (C/EBPdelta) maintains amelogenin expression in the absence of C/EBPalpha in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29882-9 pubmed
- Saraswathy S, Rao N. Mitochondrial proteomics in experimental autoimmune uveitis oxidative stress. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:5559-66 pubmed publisher..The presence of high levels of alphaA and betaB2 crystallin in the mitochondria may prevent cell death during early EAU. ..
- Im E, Choi Y, Kim C, Fiocchi C, Pothoulakis C, Rhee S. The angiogenic effect of probiotic Bacillus polyfermenticus on human intestinal microvascular endothelial cells is mediated by IL-8. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G999-G1008 pubmed..Moreover, B.P. promotes angiogenesis in the mucosa during recovery of mice from colitis, suggesting that this probiotic may be clinically used to facilitate intestinal wound healing...
- Sage A, Lu J, Tintut Y, Demer L. Hyperphosphatemia-induced nanocrystals upregulate the expression of bone morphogenetic protein-2 and osteopontin genes in mouse smooth muscle cells in vitro. Kidney Int. 2011;79:414-22 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may contribute, in part, to hyperphosphatemia-related vascular cell differentiation and calcification. ..
- Xia T, Zhao Y, Sager T, George S, Pokhrel S, Li N, et al. Decreased dissolution of ZnO by iron doping yields nanoparticles with reduced toxicity in the rodent lung and zebrafish embryos. ACS Nano. 2011;5:1223-35 pubmed publisher..All considered, the above data show that Fe doping is a possible safe design strategy for preventing ZnO toxicity in animals and the environment...
- Mershon Shier K, Vasuthasawat A, Takahashi K, Morrison S, Beenhouwer D. In vitro C3 deposition on Cryptococcus capsule occurs via multiple complement activation pathways. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:2009-18 pubmed publisher..gattii. Thus, complement activation by Cryptococcus spp. can take place through multiple pathways and complement activation via the alternative pathway requires the presence of C4 and MBL proteins. ..
- Moore K, Chen R, Cilluffo M, Golden J, Phelps P. Lis1 reduction causes tangential migratory errors in mouse spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:1198-211 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Lis1 is required for the dorsally directed tangential migration of many sympathetic and parasympathetic preganglionic neurons and a subset of somatic motor neurons. ..
- Li Y, Ma W, Li L, Ibrahim L, Wang S, Tao H. Broadening of inhibitory tuning underlies contrast-dependent sharpening of orientation selectivity in mouse visual cortex. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16466-77 pubmed publisher..Together our results suggest that modulation of synaptic inhibition in the mouse V1 cortical circuit preserves the sharpness of response selectivity during changes of stimulus strength. ..
- Roghani A, Welch C, Xia Y, Liu Y, Peter D, Finn J, et al. Assignment of the mouse vesicular monoamine transporter genes, Slc18a1 and Slc18a2, to chromosomes 8 and 19 by linkage analysis. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:393-4 pubmed
- Uittenbogaart C, Law W, Leenen P, Bristol G, van Ewijk W, Hays E. Thymic dendritic cells are primary targets for the oncogenic virus SL3-3. J Virol. 1998;72:10118-25 pubmed..In subsequent weeks, the virus spreads to the thymocytes. This pathway of virus expression in the thymus allows the inevitable provirus integration in a thymocyte that results in a clonal lymphoma. ..
- Peterfy M, Phan J, Oswell G, Xu P, Reue K. Genetic, physical, and transcript map of the fld region on mouse chromosome 12. Genomics. 1999;62:436-44 pubmed..Expression analysis revealed that Kiaa0188 is expressed in wildtype but not in fld liver, implicating this gene as a candidate for harboring the fld mutation. ..
- Zhong Z, Hammani K, Bae W, DeClerck Y. NF-Y and Sp1 cooperate for the transcriptional activation and cAMP response of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18602-10 pubmed..Dibutyryl cAMP has no effect on the expression of MMP-2 and MMP-9 and switches the MMP-TIMP balance in favor of the inhibitor. ..
- Drake T, Schadt E, Hannani K, Kabo J, Krass K, Colinayo V, et al. Genetic loci determining bone density in mice with diet-induced atherosclerosis. Physiol Genomics. 2001;5:205-15 pubmed..This study shows that bone mass in older female mice with atherosclerosis has multiple genetic determinants and provides phenotypic and genetic evidence linking the regulation of bone density with adipose tissue and plasma lipids...
- Woodley D, Krueger G, Jorgensen C, Fairley J, Atha T, Huang Y, et al. Normal and gene-corrected dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa fibroblasts alone can produce type VII collagen at the basement membrane zone. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:1021-8 pubmed
- Jasuja R, Catlin D, Miller A, Chang Y, Herbst K, Starcevic B, et al. Tetrahydrogestrinone is an androgenic steroid that stimulates androgen receptor-mediated, myogenic differentiation in C3H10T1/2 multipotent mesenchymal cells and promotes muscle accretion in orchidectomized male rats. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4472-8 pubmed..This mechanism-based approach should be useful for rapid screening of anabolic/androgenic agents. ..
- Bai Y, Shen W. Improving the oral efficacy of recombinant granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and transferrin fusion protein by spacer optimization. Pharm Res. 2006;23:2116-21 pubmed
- Boutz P, Chawla G, Stoilov P, Black D. MicroRNAs regulate the expression of the alternative splicing factor nPTB during muscle development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:71-84 pubmed..These results indicate that miR-133 directly down-regulates a key splicing factor during muscle development and establishes a role for microRNAs in the control of a developmentally dynamic splicing program. ..
- Glykys J, Mann E, Mody I. Which GABA(A) receptor subunits are necessary for tonic inhibition in the hippocampus?. J Neurosci. 2008;28:1421-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, depending on the cell type, the alpha5 and delta subunits are the principal GABA(A)R subunits responsible for mediating the lion's share of tonic inhibition in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Hanner F, Schnichels M, Zheng Fischhöfer Q, Yang L, Toma I, Willecke K, et al. Connexin 30.3 is expressed in the kidney but not regulated by dietary salt or high blood pressure. Cell Commun Adhes. 2008;15:219-30 pubmed publisher..Cx30.3 appears to be constitutively expressed in certain renal tubular segments and cells and its role in overall kidney function remains to be investigated. ..
- Stengel A, Goebel M, Million M, Stenzel Poore M, Kobelt P, Monnikes H, et al. Corticotropin-releasing factor-overexpressing mice exhibit reduced neuronal activation in the arcuate nucleus and food intake in response to fasting. Endocrinology. 2009;150:153-60 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that sustained overproduction of hypothalamic CRF in mice interferes with fasting-induced activation of arcuate nucleus neurons and the related hyperphagic response. ..
- Lawson G. Etiopathogenesis of mandibulofacial and maxillofacial abscesses in mice. Comp Med. 2010;60:200-4 pubmed
- Turlo K, Gallaher S, Vora R, Laski F, Iruela Arispe M. When Cre-mediated recombination in mice does not result in protein loss. Genetics. 2010;186:959-67 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the potential for protein expression from the products of Cre-recombinase excised genes, particularly when deletion occurs in low turnover populations. ..
- Geng Y, Hsu J, Lu J, Ting T, Miyazaki M, Demer L, et al. Role of cellular cholesterol metabolism in vascular cell calcification. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33701-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results suggest that up-regulation of cholesterol metabolism is essential for matrix mineralization by vascular cells. ..
- Tian Y, Kuo C, Chen W, Ou J. Enhancement of hepatitis B virus replication by androgen and its receptor in mice. J Virol. 2012;86:1904-10 pubmed publisher..These effects of androgen and its receptor on HBV thus provide an explanation for why men have a higher risk of HBV infection than women. ..
- Giannoni F, Hardee C, Wherley J, Gschweng E, Senadheera S, Kaufman M, et al. Allelic exclusion and peripheral reconstitution by TCR transgenic T cells arising from transduced human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Mol Ther. 2013;21:1044-54 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrated the feasibility of engineering human HSPC to express a tumor-specific TCR to serve as a long-term source of tumor-targeted mature T cells for immunotherapy of melanoma. ..
- Sridharan R, Gonzales Cope M, Chronis C, Bonora G, McKee R, Huang C, et al. Proteomic and genomic approaches reveal critical functions of H3K9 methylation and heterochromatin protein-1? in reprogramming to pluripotency. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:872-82 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Cbx3 and H3K9 methylation restrict late reprogramming events, and suggest that a marked change in global chromatin character constitutes an epigenetic roadblock for reprogramming. ..
- Tsai S, Chang D, Hong C, Xia P, Senadheera D, Trump L, et al. Induced overexpression of OCT4A in human embryonic stem cells increases cloning efficiency. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C1108-18 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we demonstrate the utility of an efficient method for conditional gene expression in hESC. ..
- Bongarzone E, Campagnoni C, Kampf K, Jacobs E, Handley V, Schonmann V, et al. Identification of a new exon in the myelin proteolipid protein gene encoding novel protein isoforms that are restricted to the somata of oligodendrocytes and neurons. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8349-57 pubmed..We term these products somal-restricted PLP and DM20 proteins to distinguish them from the classic PLP and DM20 proteolipids. They represent putative candidates for some of the nonmyelin-related functions of the PLP/DM20 gene. ..
- Zhou Y, Snead M. Identification of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha as a transactivator of the mouse amelogenin gene. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12273-80 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that C/EBPalpha is a bona fide transcriptional activator of the mouse amelogenin gene in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Keane M, Belperio J, Burdick M, Strieter R. IL-12 attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L92-7 pubmed..These findings support the notion that IL-12 attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis via modulation of IFN-gamma production...
- Li W, Nadelman C, Gratch N, Li W, Chen M, Kasahara N, et al. An important role for protein kinase C-delta in human keratinocyte migration on dermal collagen. Exp Cell Res. 2002;273:219-28 pubmed..Furthermore, PKCdelta is activated in migrating human keratinocytes. These observations indicate for the first time that the PKCdelta pathway plays an important role in the control of human keratinocyte migration. ..
- Choi K, Huang P, Lai M. Polypyrimidine-tract-binding protein affects transcription but not translation of mouse hepatitis virus RNA. Virology. 2002;303:58-68 pubmed
- Wu H, Hamamori Y, Xu J, Chang S, Saluna T, Chang M, et al. Nuclear hormone receptor coregulator GRIP1 suppresses, whereas SRC1A and p/CIP coactivate, by domain-specific binding of MyoD. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3129-37 pubmed..This suggests that competition by GRIP1 for SRC1A, p/CIP, and p300 binding sites on a transcription factor may regulate the activity of the factor. ..
- Chu P, Rivera J, Arnold D. A role for Kif17 in transport of Kv4.2. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:365-73 pubmed..Together our data show that Kif17 is probably the motor that transports Kv4.2 to dendrites but suggest that this motor does not, by itself, specify dendritic localization of the channel. ..
- Li W, Cui Y, Kushner S, Brown R, Jentsch J, Frankland P, et al. The HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor lovastatin reverses the learning and attention deficits in a mouse model of neurofibromatosis type 1. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1961-7 pubmed..Therefore, these results demonstrate that lovastatin may prove useful in the treatment of Neurofibromatosis Type 1. ..
- Walwyn W, Evans C, Hales T. Beta-arrestin2 and c-Src regulate the constitutive activity and recycling of mu opioid receptors in dorsal root ganglion neurons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5092-104 pubmed
- Wei K, Chen J, Akrami K, Galbraith G, Lopez I, Chen F. Neural crest cell deficiency of c-myc causes skull and hearing defects. Genesis. 2007;45:382-90 pubmed..The phenotype obtained demonstrates the critical role that c-myc has in neural crest during craniofacial development as well as in providing a model for examining human congenital skull defects and deafness. ..
- Seeram N, Aronson W, Zhang Y, Henning S, Moro A, Lee R, et al. Pomegranate ellagitannin-derived metabolites inhibit prostate cancer growth and localize to the mouse prostate gland. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:7732-7 pubmed..This warrants future human tissue bioavailability studies and further clinical studies in men with CaP. ..
- Chesnokova V, Wong C, Zonis S, Gruszka A, Wawrowsky K, Ren S, et al. Diminished pancreatic beta-cell mass in securin-null mice is caused by beta-cell apoptosis and senescence. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2603-10 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that ductal progenitor beta-cells are exhausted by excessive neogenesis induced by apoptosis in PTTG(-/-) mice. ..
- Tang Z, Zheng S, Nikolic J, Black D. Developmental control of CaV1.2 L-type calcium channel splicing by Fox proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4757-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the Fox protein family is playing a key role in tuning the properties of CaV1.2 calcium channels during neuronal development. ..
- Lin Q, Wei W, Coelho C, Li X, Baker Andresen D, Dudley K, et al. The brain-specific microRNA miR-128b regulates the formation of fear-extinction memory. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1115-7 pubmed publisher..Increased miR-128b activity may therefore facilitate the transition from retrieval of the original fear memory toward the formation of a new fear-extinction memory. ..
- Lahar N, Lei N, Wang J, Jabaji Z, Tung S, Joshi V, et al. Intestinal subepithelial myofibroblasts support in vitro and in vivo growth of human small intestinal epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26898 pubmed publisher..We believe that the methods described here can be used to explore the molecular basis of human intestinal stem cell support, maintenance, and growth...
- Inoue S, Patil R, Portilla Arias J, Ding H, Konda B, Espinoza A, et al. Nanobiopolymer for direct targeting and inhibition of EGFR expression in triple negative breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31070 pubmed publisher..The nanobioconjugate represents a new generation of nanodrugs for treatment of TNBC. ..
- Kagan B. Membrane pores in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disease. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2012;107:295-325 pubmed publisher..The molecular structure of these pores may resemble the ?-barrel structure of the toxics pore formed by bacterial toxins, such as staphylococcal ?-hemolysin, anthrax toxin, and Clostridium perfringolysin. ..
- Du H, Liu L, Wang Y, Nakagawa Y, Lyzlov A, Lutfy K, et al. Specific reduction of G6PT may contribute to downregulation of hepatic 11?-HSD1 in diabetic mice. J Mol Endocrinol. 2013;50:167-78 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that G6PT plays an important role in the modulation of pre-receptor activation of glucocorticoids and provides new insights into the role of G6PT in the development of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Dubey R, Levin M, Szabo L, László C, Kushal S, Singh J, et al. Suppression of tumor growth by designed dimeric epidithiodiketopiperazine targeting hypoxia-inducible transcription factor complex. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:4537-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibition of HIF1 transcriptional activity by designed dimeric ETPs could offer an innovative approach to cancer therapy with the potential to overcome hypoxia-induced tumor growth and resistance. ..
- Acuña A, Esparza M, Kramm C, Beltrán F, Parra A, Cepeda C, et al. A failure in energy metabolism and antioxidant uptake precede symptoms of Huntington's disease in mice. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2917 pubmed publisher..We reason that an early impairment of ascorbic acid uptake in HD neurons could lead to early metabolic failure promoting neuronal death. ..
- Zhou M, Liang F, Xiong X, Li L, Li H, Xiao Z, et al. Scaling down of balanced excitation and inhibition by active behavioral states in auditory cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:841-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, L2/3 circuits can adjust the salience of output in accordance with momentary behavioral demands while maintaining the sensitivity and quality of sensory processing. ..
- ..A near future goal will be to translate our developmental knowledge-base to the productive engineering of new kidney structures for regenerative medicine. ..
- Rajavashisth T, Qiao J, Tripathi S, Tripathi J, Mishra N, Hua M, et al. Heterozygous osteopetrotic (op) mutation reduces atherosclerosis in LDL receptor- deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 1998;101:2702-10 pubmed..These studies support the conclusion that M-CSF participates critically in fatty streak formation and progression to a complex fibrous lesion. ..
- Tang J, Frankel A, Cook R, Kim S, Paik W, Williams K, et al. PRMT1 is the predominant type I protein arginine methyltransferase in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7723-30 pubmed..We conclude that PRMT1 contributes the major type I protein arginine methyltransferase enzyme activity present in mammalian cells and tissues. ..
- Frankland P, O BRIEN C, Ohno M, Kirkwood A, Silva A. Alpha-CaMKII-dependent plasticity in the cortex is required for permanent memory. Nature. 2001;411:309-13 pubmed
- Masood R, Cai J, Tulpule A, Zheng T, Hamilton A, Sharma S, et al. Interleukin 8 is an autocrine growth factor and a surrogate marker for Kaposi's sarcoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:2693-702 pubmed..Serum levels of IL-8 were also elevated in KS cases compared with matched controls. Modulation of IL-8 may thus be of therapeutic value in this disease. ..
- Alpaugh M, Tomlinson J, Kasraeian S, Barsky S. Cooperative role of E-cadherin and sialyl-Lewis X/A-deficient MUC1 in the passive dissemination of tumor emboli in inflammatory breast carcinoma. Oncogene. 2002;21:3631-43 pubmed..1). Our findings support the cooperative role of E-cadherin and sialyl-Lewis X/A-deficient MUC1 in the passive dissemination of tumor emboli in IBC. ..
- Sun J, Ahmad S, Chen S, Tang W, Zhang Y, Chen P, et al. Cochlear gap junctions coassembled from Cx26 and 30 show faster intercellular Ca2+ signaling than homomeric counterparts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C613-23 pubmed
- Lu Y, Sternini C, Rozengurt E, Zhukova E. Release of transgenic human insulin from gastric g cells: a novel approach for the amelioration of diabetes. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2610-9 pubmed..We suggest that an efficient G cells-based insulin gene therapy can relieve diabetic patients from daily insulin injections and protect them from complications of insulin insufficiency while avoiding episodes of toxic hypoglycemia. ..
- Radu R, Han Y, Bui T, Nusinowitz S, Bok D, Lichter J, et al. Reductions in serum vitamin A arrest accumulation of toxic retinal fluorophores: a potential therapy for treatment of lipofuscin-based retinal diseases. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:4393-401 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the vitamin A-dependent nature of A2E biosynthesis and validate a novel therapeutic approach with potential to halt the accumulation of lipofuscin fluorophores in the eye. ..
- Tsai P, Ohab J, Kertesz N, Groszer M, Matter C, Gao J, et al. A critical role of erythropoietin receptor in neurogenesis and post-stroke recovery. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1269-74 pubmed..Our results suggest that both EPO and EPOR are essential for early embryonic neural development and that the classical EPOR is important for adult neurogenesis and for migration of regenerating neurons during post-injury recovery. ..
- Martin F, Handforth A. Carbenoxolone and mefloquine suppress tremor in the harmaline mouse model of essential tremor. Mov Disord. 2006;21:1641-9 pubmed..In view of recent genetic evidence, the anti-tremor mechanism of these compounds is uncertain but may represent a novel therapeutic target, possibly involving gap junctions other than those containing connexin 36...
- Amantea C, Kim W, Meliton V, Tetradis S, Parhami F. Oxysterol-induced osteogenic differentiation of marrow stromal cells is regulated by Dkk-1 inhibitable and PI3-kinase mediated signaling. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:424-36 pubmed publisher..Osteogenic oxysterols are, therefore, important small molecule modulators of critical signaling pathways in pluripotent mesenchymal cells that regulate numerous developmental and post-developmental processes. ..
- Dumont R, Hildebrandt I, Su H, Haubner R, Reischl G, Czernin J, et al. Noninvasive imaging of alphaVbeta3 function as a predictor of the antimigratory and antiproliferative effects of dasatinib. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3173-9 pubmed publisher..50+/-17.68 mm(2) in controls; P=0.001). [(64)Cu]DOTA-c(RGDfK) may provide a sensitive means of monitoring tumor response to SFK inhibition in alpha(V)beta(3)-expressing cancers early in the course of therapy...
- Biag J, Huang Y, Gou L, Hintiryan H, Askarinam A, Hahn J, et al. Cyto- and chemoarchitecture of the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in the C57BL/6J male mouse: a study of immunostaining and multiple fluorescent tract tracing. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:6-33 pubmed publisher..We discuss these data in relation to what is known about PVH function and provide the work as a resource for further studies of the neuronal architecture and function of the mouse PVH. ..
- Abad C, Tan Y, Cheung Lau G, Nobuta H, Waschek J. VIP deficient mice exhibit resistance to lipopolysaccharide induced endotoxemia with an intrinsic defect in proinflammatory cellular responses. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36922 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that female VIP KO mice exhibit resistance to LPS-induced shock, explainable in part by the presence of an intrinsic defect in the responsiveness of inflammatory cells to endotoxin...
- Ganguly A, Collis L, Devaskar S. Placental glucose and amino acid transport in calorie-restricted wild-type and Glut3 null heterozygous mice. Endocrinology. 2012;153:3995-4007 pubmed publisher..In addition, increased Glut3 was seen and preserved Glut1, LAT, and SNAT. These placental changes collectively protect survival of wt and glut3(+/-) fetuses against maternal CR-imposed reduction of macromolecular nutrients. ..
- Mott K, Zandian M, Allen S, Ghiasi H. Role of interleukin-2 and herpes simplex virus 1 in central nervous system demyelination in mice. J Virol. 2013;87:12102-9 pubmed publisher..This study shows a novel model of autoimmunity in which viral infection and enhanced IL-2 cause CNS demyelination. ..