Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Nalbandian A, Llewellyn K, Badadani M, Yin H, Nguyen C, Katheria V, et al. A progressive translational mouse model of human valosin-containing protein disease: the VCP(R155H/+) mouse. Muscle Nerve. 2013;47:260-70 pubmed publisher..More recently, these mutations have been linked to 2% of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) cases. A knock-in mouse model offers the opportunity to study VCP-associated pathogenesis...
- Parfitt G, Xie Y, Reid K, Dervillez X, Brown D, Jester J. A novel immunofluorescent computed tomography (ICT) method to localise and quantify multiple antigens in large tissue volumes at high resolution. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e53245 pubmed publisher..We propose that ICT may provide valuable high resolution, three-dimensional biological maps of multiple biomolecules within a single tissue or organ to better characterise and quantify tissue structure and function. ..
- Moy A, Wiersma M, Choi B. Optical histology: a method to visualize microvasculature in thick tissue sections of mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53753 pubmed publisher..We believe this technique could potentially be used to generate a three-dimensional map of the microvasculature in an entire organ. ..
- Qin Z, Kaufman R, Khoury R, Khoury M, Aswad D. Isoaspartate accumulation in mouse brain is associated with altered patterns of protein phosphorylation and acetylation, some of which are highly sex-dependent. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80758 pubmed publisher..We also uncovered unexpected differences in how male and female mice respond to isoAsp accumulation in the brain. ..
- Haddad F, Bodell P, Qin A, Giger J, Baldwin K. Role of antisense RNA in coordinating cardiac myosin heavy chain gene switching. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37132-8 pubmed..This finding unravels the mechanism of cardiac alpha-beta gene switching and implicates the role of cardiac myosin gene organization with their function. ..
- Friedrich M, Cui M, Hernandez J, Weist B, Andersen H, Zhang X, et al. Modulation of DRAK2 autophosphorylation by antigen receptor signaling in primary lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4573-84 pubmed
- Park S, Zan H, Pal Z, Zhang J, Al Qahtani A, Pone E, et al. HoxC4 binds to the promoter of the cytidine deaminase AID gene to induce AID expression, class-switch DNA recombination and somatic hypermutation. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:540-50 pubmed publisher..Enforced expression of AID in Hoxc4(-/-) B cells fully restored CSR. Thus, HoxC4 directly activates the Aicda promoter, thereby inducing AID expression, CSR and SHM. ..
- Clinton L, Blurton Jones M, Myczek K, Trojanowski J, LaFerla F. Synergistic Interactions between Abeta, tau, and alpha-synuclein: acceleration of neuropathology and cognitive decline. J Neurosci. 2010;30:7281-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support the notion that Abeta, tau, and alpha-synuclein interact in vivo to promote the aggregation and accumulation of each other and accelerate cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Liu X, Zeng J, Zhou A, Theodorsson E, Fahrenkrug J, Reinscheid R. Molecular fingerprint of neuropeptide S-producing neurons in the mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1847-66 pubmed publisher..Stress-induced functional activation of NPS-producing neurons was detected by staining for the immediate-early gene c-fos, thus supporting earlier findings that NPS might be part of the brain stress response network. ..
- Doretto S, Malerba M, Ramos M, Ikrar T, Kinoshita C, De Mei C, et al. Oligodendrocytes as regulators of neuronal networks during early postnatal development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19849 pubmed publisher..These results show a novel oligodendrocyte function expressed during early postnatal brain development, where these cells participate in the formation of cerebellar circuitries, and influence its development. ..
- Seese R, Babayan A, Katz A, Cox C, Lauterborn J, Lynch G, et al. LTP induction translocates cortactin at distant synapses in wild-type but not Fmr1 knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7403-13 pubmed publisher..These impairments are predicted to compromise the response of the subsynaptic cytoskeleton to learning-related afferent activity, both locally and at distant sites. ..
- Tirotta E, Duncker P, Oak J, Klaus S, Tsukamoto M, Gov L, et al. Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 negatively regulates neuroinflammation and T cell activation following coronavirus-induced encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2013;254:110-6 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a regulatory role for EBI3-associated cytokines in controlling host responses following CNS viral infection. ..
- Digman M, Stakic M, Gratton E. Raster image correlation spectroscopy and number and brightness analysis. Methods Enzymol. 2013;518:121-44 pubmed publisher..We also discuss common control experiments needed to rule out instrumental artifacts and how to calibrate the microscope in terms of relative molecular brightness. ..
- RASOOL S, Martinez Coria H, Wu J, LaFerla F, Glabe C. Systemic vaccination with anti-oligomeric monoclonal antibodies improves cognitive function by reducing A? deposition and tau pathology in 3xTg-AD mice. J Neurochem. 2013;126:473-82 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the potential of using oligomer specific monoclonal antibodies as a therapeutic approach to prevent and treat Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Miller S, Porcella S, Raffel S, Schwan T, Barbour A. Large linear plasmids of Borrelia species that cause relapsing fever. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:3629-39 pubmed publisher..Further evidence for shared ancestry was the observation that two of the hypothetical proteins were predicted to be structurally similar to the LD species' CspA proteins, which are encoded on the 54-kb plasmids. ..
- Wodarz D, Sierro S, Klenerman P. Dynamics of killer T cell inflation in viral infections. J R Soc Interface. 2007;4:533-43 pubmed..This model provides valuable information and may help to explain the inflation of CMV specific CD8+T cells seen in humans as they age. ..
- Hosking M, Liu L, Ransohoff R, Lane T. A protective role for ELR+ chemokines during acute viral encephalomyelitis. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000648 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings highlight a previously unappreciated role for ELR-positive chemokines in enhancing host defense during acute viral infections of the CNS. ..
- Peralta E, Martin B, Edinger A. Differential effects of TBC1D15 and mammalian Vps39 on Rab7 activation state, lysosomal morphology, and growth factor dependence. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16814-21 pubmed publisher..In summary, although only TBC1D15/Rab7-GAP altered Rab7-GTP levels, both Rab7-GAP and mVps39 regulate lysosomal morphology and play a role in maintaining growth factor dependence. ..
- Jia Y, Gall C, Lynch G. Presynaptic BDNF promotes postsynaptic long-term potentiation in the dorsal striatum. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14440-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that presynaptic pools of BDNF can act within 2 min of HFS to support the formation of a postsynaptic form of LTP in striatum. ..
- Nakamura P, Hsieh C, Cramer K. EphB signaling regulates target innervation in the developing and deafferented auditory brainstem. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:1243-55 pubmed publisher..We have also found that ephrin-B reverse signaling repels induced projections to the ipsilateral MNTB after unilateral deafferentation, suggesting that similar mechanisms regulate these two processes. ..
- Chikova A, Grando S. Naturally occurring variants of human ?9 nicotinic receptor differentially affect bronchial cell proliferation and transformation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27978 pubmed publisher..The biologic activities of ?9 nAChR may be regulated at the splicing level, and genetic polymorphisms in CHRNA9 affecting protein levels, amino acid sequence and RNA splicing may influence the risk for lung cancer. ..
- Sahar S, Masubuchi S, Eckel Mahan K, Vollmer S, Galla L, Ceglia N, et al. Circadian control of fatty acid elongation by SIRT1 protein-mediated deacetylation of acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase 1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6091-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, a nontranscriptional, enzymatic loop is governed by the circadian clock to control acetyl-CoA levels and fatty acid synthesis. ..
- Murray R, Navi D, Fesenko J, Lander A, Calof A. Widespread defects in the primary olfactory pathway caused by loss of Mash1 function. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1769-80 pubmed
- Aguilar Arnal L, Hakim O, Patel V, Baldi P, Hager G, Sassone Corsi P. Cycles in spatial and temporal chromosomal organization driven by the circadian clock. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1206-13 pubmed publisher..We establish that the Dbp circadian interactome contains a wide variety of genes and clock-related DNA elements. These findings reveal a previously unappreciated circadian and clock-dependent shaping of the nuclear landscape. ..
- Hilgenberg L, Ho K, Lee D, O Dowd D, Smith M. Agrin regulates neuronal responses to excitatory neurotransmitters in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:97-110 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that agrin plays an important role in defining neuronal responses to excitatory neurotransmitters both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Steward O, Huang F, Guzowski J. A form of perforant path LTP can occur without ERK1/2 phosphorylation or immediate early gene induction. Learn Mem. 2007;14:433-45 pubmed..Moreover, these data demonstrate that different LTP induction paradigms do not have identical molecular consequences, which may account for certain discrepancies between previous studies. ..
- Krook Magnuson E, Luu L, Lee S, Varga C, Soltesz I. Ivy and neurogliaform interneurons are a major target of ?-opioid receptor modulation. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14861-70 pubmed publisher..Given the prominence of this cell type in and beyond CA1, as well as its unique role in microcircuitry, opioid modulation of neurogliaform cells has wide implications. ..
- Hawrylycz M, Lein E, Guillozet Bongaarts A, Shen E, Ng L, Miller J, et al. An anatomically comprehensive atlas of the adult human brain transcriptome. Nature. 2012;489:391-399 pubmed publisher..This freely accessible online data resource forms a high-resolution transcriptional baseline for neurogenetic studies of normal and abnormal human brain function. ..
- Ayabe T, Wulff H, Darmoul D, Cahalan M, Chandy K, Ouellette A. Modulation of mouse Paneth cell alpha-defensin secretion by mIKCa1, a Ca2+-activated, intermediate conductance potassium channel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3793-800 pubmed..These results demonstrate that mIKCa1 is modulator of Paneth cell alpha-defensin secretion and disclose an involvement in mucosal defense of the intestinal epithelium against ingested bacterial pathogens. ..
- Cheng M, Bullock C, Li C, Lee A, Bermak J, Belluzzi J, et al. Prokineticin 2 transmits the behavioural circadian rhythm of the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Nature. 2002;417:405-10 pubmed..The high expression of PKR2 mRNA within the SCN and the positive feedback of PK2 on its own transcription through activation of PKR2 suggest that PK2 may also function locally within the SCN to synchronize output. ..
- Flierl A, Jackson C, Cottrell B, Murdock D, Seibel P, Wallace D. Targeted delivery of DNA to the mitochondrial compartment via import sequence-conjugated peptide nucleic acid. Mol Ther. 2003;7:550-7 pubmed..Our method now promises to provide a viable strategy for the genetic modification of the mitochondria in cultured cells, animals and patients. ..
- Bennett M, Seo Y, Datta S, Shin D, Osborne T. Selective binding of sterol regulatory element-binding protein isoforms and co-regulatory proteins to promoters for lipid metabolic genes in liver. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15628-37 pubmed publisher..This underscores the mechanistic flexibility that has evolved at the individual gene/promoter level to maintain metabolic homeostasis in response to shifting nutritional states and environmental fluctuations. ..
- Kirchner S, Kieu T, Chow C, Casey S, Blumberg B. Prenatal exposure to the environmental obesogen tributyltin predisposes multipotent stem cells to become adipocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:526-39 pubmed publisher..Hence, TBT alters the stem cell compartment by sensitizing multipotent stromal stem cells to differentiate into adipocytes, an effect that could likely increase adipose mass over time. ..
- Delker S, Ji H, Li H, Jamal J, Fang J, Xue F, et al. Unexpected binding modes of nitric oxide synthase inhibitors effective in the prevention of a cerebral palsy phenotype in an animal model. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:5437-42 pubmed publisher..A new hot spot generated as a result of enzyme elasticity provides important information for the future fragment-based design of selective NOS inhibitors. ..
- Zhu C, Solorzano C, Sahar S, Realini N, Fung E, Sassone Corsi P, et al. Proinflammatory stimuli control N-acylphosphatidylethanolamine-specific phospholipase D expression in macrophages. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;79:786-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that proinflammatory stimuli suppress NAPE-PLD expression and PEA biosynthesis in macrophages and that this effect might contribute to the inflammatory response. ..
- von Figura G, Fukuda A, Roy N, Liku M, Morris Iv J, Kim G, et al. The chromatin regulator Brg1 suppresses formation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:255-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study implicates Brg1 as a determinant of context-dependent Kras-driven pancreatic tumorigenesis and suggests that chromatin remodelling may underlie the development of distinct PDA subsets. ..
- Lv Y, Meng B, Dong H, Jing T, Wu N, Yang Y, et al. Upregulation of GSK3Î² Contributes to Brain Disorders in Elderly REGÎ³-knockout Mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:1340-9 pubmed publisher..Dysfunction in this non-canonical proteasome degradation pathway may contribute to the sensorimotor gating deficiency and cognitive disorders in aging mice. ..
- Pensa A, Cinelli M, Li H, Chreifi G, Mukherjee P, Roman L, et al. Hydrophilic, Potent, and Selective 7-Substituted 2-Aminoquinolines as Improved Human Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7146-7165 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, these modifications preserved Caco-2 permeability and reduced off-target CNS binding. ..
- Bettahi I, Zhang X, Afifi R, BenMohamed L. Protective immunity to genital herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2 provided by self-adjuvanting lipopeptides that drive dendritic cell maturation and elicit a polarized Th1 immune response. Viral Immunol. 2006;19:220-36 pubmed
- Kharas M, Janes M, Scarfone V, Lilly M, Knight Z, Shokat K, et al. Ablation of PI3K blocks BCR-ABL leukemogenesis in mice, and a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor prevents expansion of human BCR-ABL+ leukemia cells. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3038-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide mechanistic insights into PI3K dependency in oncogenic networks and provide a rationale for targeting class IA PI3K, alone or together with mTOR, in the treatment of Ph+ ALL. ..
- Poon W, Blurton Jones M, Tu C, Feinberg L, Chabrier M, Harris J, et al. ?-Amyloid impairs axonal BDNF retrograde trafficking. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:821-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, A? oligomers alone impair BDNF retrograde transport. Thus, A? reduces BDNF signaling by impairing axonal transport and this may underlie the synaptic dysfunction observed in AD. ..
- Sahar S, Zocchi L, Kinoshita C, Borrelli E, Sassone Corsi P. Regulation of BMAL1 protein stability and circadian function by GSK3beta-mediated phosphorylation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8561 pubmed publisher..BMAL1 phosphorylation appears to be an important regulatory step in maintaining the robustness of the circadian clock. ..
- Malvaez M, Mhillaj E, Matheos D, Palmery M, Wood M. CBP in the nucleus accumbens regulates cocaine-induced histone acetylation and is critical for cocaine-associated behaviors. J Neurosci. 2011;31:16941-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate a definitive role for CBP in modulating gene expression that may subserve drug-seeking behaviors. ..
- Barbour A, Carter C, Sohaskey C. Surface protein variation by expression site switching in the relapsing fever agent Borrelia hermsii. Infect Immun. 2000;68:7114-21 pubmed..The study confirmed that serotype 33 is distinct from other serotypes of B. hermsii in its biology and demonstrated that B. hermsii can change its major surface protein through switching between two expression sites...
- Galvan M, Luchetti S, Burgos A, Nguyen H, Hooshmand M, Hamers F, et al. Deficiency in complement C1q improves histological and functional locomotor outcome after spinal cord injury. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13876-88 pubmed publisher..05). Together, these data suggest that initiation of the classical complement pathway via C1q is detrimental to recovery after SCI. ..
- Gil D, Cheevers C, Kedzie K, Manlapaz C, Rao S, Tang E, et al. Alpha-1-adrenergic receptor agonist activity of clinical alpha-adrenergic receptor agonists interferes with alpha-2-mediated analgesia. Anesthesiology. 2009;110:401-7 pubmed publisher..Alpha-1A receptor agonist activity can counterbalance alpha-2 receptor agonist-induced analgesia. Greater alpha-2 selectivity may enhance the therapeutic window of alpha-2 agonists in the treatment of pain. ..
- Clapper J, Moreno Sanz G, Russo R, Guijarro A, Vacondio F, Duranti A, et al. Anandamide suppresses pain initiation through a peripheral endocannabinoid mechanism. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1265-70 pubmed publisher..Brain-impenetrant FAAH inhibitors, which strengthen this gating mechanism, might offer a new approach to pain therapy. ..
- Chamorro Garcia R, Kirchner S, Li X, Janesick A, Casey S, Chow C, et al. Bisphenol A diglycidyl ether induces adipogenic differentiation of multipotent stromal stem cells through a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-independent mechanism. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120:984-9 pubmed publisher..BADGE probably acts through a mechanism that is downstream of, or parallel to, PPAR?. ..
- Zhang C, Suckow A, Chessler S. Altered pancreatic islet function and morphology in mice lacking the Beta-cell surface protein neuroligin-2. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65711 pubmed publisher..Neuroligin-2-perhaps through its effects on the expression and/or activity of its binding partner neurexin-promotes insulin granule docking, a known constraint on insulin secretion. ..
- Evans M, Chaurette J, Adams S, Reddy G, Paley M, Aronin N, et al. A synthetic luciferin improves bioluminescence imaging in live mice. Nat Methods. 2014;11:393-5 pubmed publisher..Here we show that injection of mice with a synthetic luciferin, CycLuc1, improves BLI with existing luciferase reporters and enables imaging in the brain that could not be achieved with D-luciferin. ..
- Massengill J, Smith M, Son D, O Dowd D. Differential expression of K4-AP currents and Kv3.1 potassium channel transcripts in cortical neurons that develop distinct firing phenotypes. J Neurosci. 1997;17:3136-47 pubmed
- Smith M, Smith R, Plummer N, Meisler M, Goldin A. Functional analysis of the mouse Scn8a sodium channel. J Neurosci. 1998;18:6093-102 pubmed..The unique persistent current observed for Scn8a channels is consistent with the hypothesis that this channel is responsible for distinct sodium conductances underlying repetitive firing of action potentials in Purkinje neurons. ..
- Caccamo A, Oddo S, Billings L, Green K, Martinez Coria H, Fisher A, et al. M1 receptors play a central role in modulating AD-like pathology in transgenic mice. Neuron. 2006;49:671-82 pubmed..Therefore, selective M1 agonists may be efficacious for the treatment of AD. ..
- Gong R, Park C, Abbassi N, Tang S. Roles of glutamate receptors and the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling pathway in activity-dependent dendritic protein synthesis in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18802-15 pubmed..These results identify critical roles of NMDA receptors and the mTOR signaling pathway for control of synaptic activity-induced dendritic protein synthesis in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Weeks C, Tanabe H, Cummings J, Crampton S, Sheynis T, Jelinek R, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-7 activation of mouse paneth cell pro-alpha-defensins: SER43 down arrow ILE44 proteolysis enables membrane-disruptive activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28932-42 pubmed
- Lauterborn J, Rex C, Kramár E, Chen L, Pandyarajan V, Lynch G, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor rescues synaptic plasticity in a mouse model of fragile X syndrome. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10685-94 pubmed..The possibility of a pharmacological therapy based on these results is discussed. ..
- Wu G, Qiu X, Zhou L, Zhu J, Chamberlin R, Lau J, et al. Small molecule targeting the Hec1/Nek2 mitotic pathway suppresses tumor cell growth in culture and in animal. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8393-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the Hec1/Nek2 pathway may serve as a novel mitotic target for cancer intervention by small compounds. ..
- Johnson B, Xu Z, Ali S, Leon M. Spatial representations of odorants in olfactory bulbs of rats and mice: similarities and differences in chemotopic organization. J Comp Neurol. 2009;514:658-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that clustering responses to shared odorant features may be a general strategy for odor coding but that the specific locations of high-activity domains may be unique to a species. ..
- Hilgenberg L, Pham B, Ortega M, Walid S, Kemmerly T, O Dowd D, et al. Agrin regulation of alpha3 sodium-potassium ATPase activity modulates cardiac myocyte contraction. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16956-65 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the basal frequency of myocyte contraction depends on endogenous agrin-alpha3 Na,K-ATPase interaction and suggest that agrin modulation of the alpha3 Na,K-ATPase is important in regulating heart function. ..
- Janes M, Limon J, So L, Chen J, Lim R, Chavez M, et al. Effective and selective targeting of leukemia cells using a TORC1/2 kinase inhibitor. Nat Med. 2010;16:205-13 pubmed publisher..These findings establish that Ph(+) transformed cells are more sensitive than normal lymphocytes to selective TORC1/2 inhibitors and support the development of such inhibitors for leukemia therapy. ..
- Xu Z, Fulop Z, Wu G, Pone E, Zhang J, Mai T, et al. 14-3-3 adaptor proteins recruit AID to 5'-AGCT-3'-rich switch regions for class switch recombination. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1124-35 pubmed publisher..Finally, 14-3-3 proteins interacted directly with AID and enhanced AID-mediated in vitro DNA deamination, further emphasizing the important role of these adaptors in CSR. ..
- Shim M, Wang X, Ragan R, Kwon Y. Dynamics of nucleic acid/cationic polymer complexation and disassembly under biologically simulated conditions using in situ atomic force microscopy. Microsc Res Tech. 2010;73:845-56 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study may provide new insightful information for designing stimuli-responsive nonviral gene vectors as well as expanding tools for investigating nonviral vectors in nanoscales under biologically inspired conditions. ..
- Katada S, Sassone Corsi P. The histone methyltransferase MLL1 permits the oscillation of circadian gene expression. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1414-21 pubmed publisher..Our results favor a scenario in which H3K4 trimethylation by MLL1 is required to establish a permissive chromatin state for circadian transcription. ..
- Sy M, Kitazawa M, Medeiros R, Whitman L, Cheng D, Lane T, et al. Inflammation induced by infection potentiates tau pathological features in transgenic mice. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2811-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, infectious agents that trigger central nervous system inflammation may serve as a comorbidity for AD, leading to cognitive impairments by a mechanism that involves exacerbation of tau pathological characteristics. ..
- Hu Y, Ru N, Xiao H, Chaturbedi A, Hoa N, Tian X, et al. Tumor-specific chromosome mis-segregation controls cancer plasticity by maintaining tumor heterogeneity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80898 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings show, for the first time, the involvement of chromosome instability in maintaining tumor heterogeneity, which underlies the enhanced growth, persistence and treatment resistance of cancers. ..
- Mangale V, Marro B, Plaisted W, Walsh C, Lane T. Neural precursor cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells exhibit reduced susceptibility to infection with a neurotropic coronavirus. Virology. 2017;511:49-55 pubmed publisher..The relevance of this in terms of therapeutic application of NPCs resistant to viral infection is discussed. ..
- Bonzon C, Fan H. Moloney murine leukemia virus-induced preleukemic thymic atrophy and enhanced thymocyte apoptosis correlate with disease pathogenicity. J Virol. 1999;73:2434-41 pubmed..The results indicated that infection of thymocytes by MCF virus recombinants is not required for the increased level of apoptosis and thymic atrophy. ..
- Oldham M, Phalen R. Dosimetry implications of upper tracheobronchial airway anatomy in two mouse varieties. Anat Rec. 2002;268:59-65 pubmed..These differences in predicted particle deposition suggest that observed strain and variety differences in response to inhaled particulate matter may be in part due to differences in delivered doses to the respiratory tract. ..
- Shin D, Osborne T. Thyroid hormone regulation and cholesterol metabolism are connected through Sterol Regulatory Element-Binding Protein-2 (SREBP-2). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34114-8 pubmed..Additionally, these results indicate that mutations or drugs that lower nuclear SREBP-2 would cause hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Law L, Zhang W, Stott N, Becker D, Green C. In vitro optimization of antisense oligodeoxynucleotide design: an example using the connexin gene family. J Biomol Tech. 2006;17:270-82 pubmed..We show, for the first time, an inexpensive and empirical approach to the preparation of specific and functional antisense oligodeoxynucleotides against known gene targets in the post-genomic era. ..
- Matheu M, Deane J, Parker I, Fruman D, Cahalan M. Class IA phosphoinositide 3-kinase modulates basal lymphocyte motility in the lymph node. J Immunol. 2007;179:2261-9 pubmed..Moreover, we demonstrate distinct roles for catalytic domain function and class IA PI3K regulatory domain activity in lymphocyte motility, homing, and homeostatic localization of mature resting B cells. ..
- Ghajar C, Chen X, Harris J, Suresh V, Hughes C, Jeon N, et al. The effect of matrix density on the regulation of 3-D capillary morphogenesis. Biophys J. 2008;94:1930-41 pubmed..Although roles for matrix stiffness and ligand binding density have previously been identified, our results emphasize the importance of diffusion restrictions in limiting capillary morphogenesis...
- Petrushina I, Ghochikyan A, Mktrichyan M, Mamikonyan G, Movsesyan N, Davtyan H, et al. Alzheimer's disease peptide epitope vaccine reduces insoluble but not soluble/oligomeric Abeta species in amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12721-31 pubmed
- Hirayama J, Sahar S, Grimaldi B, Tamaru T, Takamatsu K, Nakahata Y, et al. CLOCK-mediated acetylation of BMAL1 controls circadian function. Nature. 2007;450:1086-90 pubmed..These findings reveal that the enzymatic interplay between two clock core components is crucial for the circadian machinery. ..
- Huang Y, Ringold T, Nelson J, Choi B. Noninvasive blood flow imaging for real-time feedback during laser therapy of port wine stain birthmarks. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40:167-73 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the potential role of image-guided laser therapy of PWS birthmarks. LSI is a promising tool for noninvasive blood flow characterization during laser therapy due to its relative simplicity and low cost. ..
- Salazar D, Uchida N, Hamers F, Cummings B, Anderson A. Human neural stem cells differentiate and promote locomotor recovery in an early chronic spinal cord injury NOD-scid mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12272 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that hCNS-SCns transplantation has efficacy in an early chronic SCI setting and thus expands the "window of opportunity" for intervention. ..
- Carbajal K, Miranda J, Tsukamoto M, Lane T. CXCR4 signaling regulates remyelination by endogenous oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in a viral model of demyelination. Glia. 2011;59:1813-21 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the possibility to manipulate OPCs in order to increase the pool of remyelination-competent cells that can participate in recovery. ..
- Kawai H, Kang H, Metherate R. Heightened nicotinic regulation of auditory cortex during adolescence. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14367-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, nicotinic regulation of cortical processing varies with age and sex, with peak effects during adolescence that may contribute to the vulnerability of adolescents to smoking. ..
- Chernyavsky A, Kalantari Dehaghi M, Phillips C, Marchenko S, Grando S. Novel cholinergic peptides SLURP-1 and -2 regulate epithelialization of cutaneous and oral wounds. Wound Repair Regen. 2012;20:103-13 pubmed publisher..The cholinergic peptides, therefore, may become prototype drugs for the treatment of wounds that fail to heal. ..
- Gupta R, Nassiri N, Hazel A, Bathen M, Mozaffar T. Chronic nerve compression alters Schwann cell myelin architecture in a murine model. Muscle Nerve. 2012;45:231-41 pubmed publisher..Restitution of Cajal bands is not sufficient for remyelination after CNC injury. ..