Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Davis, California, United States
Locale: Davis, California, United States
Publications440 found, 100 shown here
- Nichols G, DeBello W. Bidirectional regulation of the cAMP response element binding protein encodes spatial map alignment in prism-adapting barn owls. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9898-909 pubmed publisher..These results support a model in which the magnitude of CREB activation within individual cells provides a readout of the instructive signal that guides plasticity and learning. ..
- Inceoglu B, Jinks S, Ulu A, Hegedus C, Georgi K, Schmelzer K, et al. Soluble epoxide hydrolase and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids modulate two distinct analgesic pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18901-6 pubmed publisher..Redirecting the flow of pronociceptive intracellular cAMP toward up-regulation of StARD1 mRNA by concomitantly elevating EETs is a novel path to accomplish pain relief in both inflammatory and neuropathic pain states. ..
- Curry F, Adamson R. Vascular permeability modulation at the cell, microvessel, or whole organ level: towards closing gaps in our knowledge. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:218-29 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we review new approaches to investigation of the glycocalyx barrier properties in cultured endothelial monolayers and in whole-body investigations. ..
- Vacher H, Yang J, Cerda O, Autillo Touati A, Dargent B, Trimmer J. Cdk-mediated phosphorylation of the Kv?2 auxiliary subunit regulates Kv1 channel axonal targeting. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:813-24 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a new regulatory mechanism for the targeting of Kv1 complexes to the axonal membrane through the reversible Cdk phosphorylation-dependent binding of Kv?2 to EB1. ..
- Rubin C, van der List D, Ballesteros J, Goloshchapov A, Chalupa L, Chapman B. Mouse mutants for the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ß2 subunit display changes in cell adhesion and neurodegeneration response genes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18626 pubmed publisher..Finally, comparison of the transcriptomes of the two different Chrnb2-/- mutant strains reveals the effects of genetic background upon gene expression. ..
- Ganti S, Taylor S, Kim K, Hoppel C, Guo L, Yang J, et al. Urinary acylcarnitines are altered in human kidney cancer. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2791-800 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings open up a new area of investigation into the metabolic basis of kidney cancer. ..
- Calafiore M, Copani A, Deng W. DNA polymerase-? mediates the neurogenic effect of ?-amyloid protein in cultured subventricular zone neurospheres. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:559-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel role of DNA pol-? in A?(42) -induced neurogenesis and identify DNA pol-? as a key mechanistic link between the neurogenic effect of A?(42) on NPCs and the proapoptotic effect of A?(42) on mature neurons. ..
- Ginno P, Lott P, Christensen H, Korf I, Chedin F. R-loop formation is a distinctive characteristic of unmethylated human CpG island promoters. Mol Cell. 2012;45:814-25 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that protection from DNA methylation is a built-in characteristic of the DNA sequence of CGI promoters that is revealed by the cotranscriptional formation of R loop structures. ..
- Gordon C, Hartono S, Chedin F. Inactive DNMT3B splice variants modulate de novo DNA methylation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69486 pubmed publisher..This may account for some of the changes in DNA methylation patterns observed during development and disease. ..
- Zhou Y, Yang J, Sun G, Liu T, Duan J, Zhou H, et al. Soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitor 1-trifluoromethoxyphenyl-3- (1-propionylpiperidin-4-yl) urea attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:399-409 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the inhibition of sEH attenuates bleomycin-induced inflammation and collagen deposition and therefore prevents bleomycin-induced PF in a mouse model. ..
- Siltanen C, Yaghoobi M, Haque A, You J, Lowen J, Soleimani M, et al. Microfluidic fabrication of bioactive microgels for rapid formation and enhanced differentiation of stem cell spheroids. Acta Biomater. 2016;34:125-132 pubmed publisher..This approach also facilitated a âˆ¼90-fold decrease in consumption of exogenous growth factors compared to conventional differentiation protocols. ..
- Tse C, Xiang R, Bracht T, Naylor S. Human Semaphorin 3B (SEMA3B) located at chromosome 3p21.3 suppresses tumor formation in an adenocarcinoma cell line. Cancer Res. 2002;62:542-6 pubmed..Semaphorin 3B also severely reduced the anchorage independence of HEY cells. These results demonstrate a role for semaphorin 3B in tumor suppression. ..
- Stephensen C, Borowsky A, Lloyd K. Disruption of Rxra gene in thymocytes and T lymphocytes modestly alters lymphocyte frequencies, proliferation, survival and T helper type 1/type 2 balance. Immunology. 2007;121:484-98 pubmed..These differences were modest in magnitude and their impact on disease resistance is yet to be examined. ..
- Barry P, Strelow L. Development of breeding populations of rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta) that are specific pathogen-free for rhesus cytomegalovirus. Comp Med. 2008;58:43-6 pubmed..Potential new areas of research and further expansion of existing research efforts involving these newly defined SPF animals would have direct implications for improvements in human health. ..
- Harris S, Lyons R, Bezold K. In the thick of it: HCM-causing mutations in myosin binding proteins of the thick filament. Circ Res. 2011;108:751-64 pubmed publisher..Additional work is still needed to determine the mechanisms by which individual mutations induce hypertrophic phenotypes. ..
- Harris T, Hammock B. Soluble epoxide hydrolase: gene structure, expression and deletion. Gene. 2013;526:61-74 pubmed publisher..The review ends with an overview of studies that have employed the sEH knockout mouse model. ..
- Summers P, Medrano J. Morphometric analysis of skeletal muscle growth in the high growth mouse. Growth Dev Aging. 1994;58:135-48 pubmed
- Hunt D, King B, Kahn D, Yamoah E, Shull G, Krubitzer L. Aberrant retinal projections in congenitally deaf mice: how are phenotypic characteristics specified in development and evolution?. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2005;287:1051-66 pubmed
- Chessa D, Winter M, Nuccio S, T kel C, B umler A. RosE represses Std fimbrial expression in Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 2008;68:573-87 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a tight control of Std fimbrial expression mediated by RosE is required during host pathogen interaction...
- Martin S, O Donnell R, Kukis D, Abbey C, McKnight H, Sutcliffe J, et al. Imaging and pharmacokinetics of (64)Cu-DOTA-HB22.7 administered by intravenous, intraperitoneal, or subcutaneous injection to mice bearing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma xenografts. Mol Imaging Biol. 2009;11:79-87 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that IP and SQ administration can achieve results equivalent to IV administration and may lead to more efficient, reproducible treatment plans for antibody-based therapeutics. ..
- Wainwright K, Lagunas Solar M, Miller M, Barr B, Melli A, Packham A, et al. Radiofrequency-induced thermal inactivation of Toxoplasma gondii oocysts in water. Zoonoses Public Health. 2010;57:74-81 pubmed publisher..The impact of factors such as water heating time, cooling time and the volume of water treated must be considered when evaluating the efficacy of RF power for oocyst inactivation. ..
- Grimaldi A, D Alessandro G, Golia M, Grössinger E, Di Angelantonio S, Ragozzino D, et al. KCa3.1 inhibition switches the phenotype of glioma-infiltrating microglia/macrophages. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2174 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that KCa3.1 channels are involved in the inhibitory effects exerted by the glioma microenvironment on infiltrating M/M?, suggesting a possible role as therapeutic targets in glioma. ..
- Mitchell A, Morin D, Lame M, Jones A. Purification, mass spectrometric characterization, and covalent modification of murine glutathione S-transferases. Chem Res Toxicol. 1995;8:1054-62 pubmed..Reactivities of these GSTs toward HNE differed and is related to the number of cysteine residues (alpha < mu < pi) within the amino acid sequence. ..
- Asano K, Merrick W, Hershey J. The translation initiation factor eIF3-p48 subunit is encoded by int-6, a site of frequent integration by the mouse mammary tumor virus genome. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23477-80 pubmed..We discuss how the cytosolic function of eIF3-p48 (Int-6) in protein synthesis may account for oncogenesis caused by these two viruses. ..
- Hubbard N, Lee S, Lim D, Erickson K. Differential mRNA expression of prostaglandin receptor subtypes in macrophage activation. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2001;65:287-94 pubmed..Thus, activating agents such as LPS and IFN-gamma may differentially regulate mRNAfor PGE2 receptor types in macrophages but the ligand and its associated signal transducing factors probably have similar regulatory effects. ..
- Burns M, Mendez A, Chen C, Almuete A, Quillinan N, Simon M, et al. Deactivation of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated rhodopsin by arrestin splice variants. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1036-44 pubmed..To our surprise, only the full-length variant was able to alter the kinetics of responses in rods lacking both arrestin and rhodopsin kinase, indicating that p48 can also quench the activity of nonphosphorylated rhodopsin...
- Mahmood F, Chiles R, Fang Y, Green E, Reisen W. Effects of time after infection, mosquito genotype, and infectious viral dose on the dynamics of Culex tarsalis vector competence for western equine encephalomyelitis virus. J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 2006;22:272-81 pubmed..3 log10 PFU, and most had titers >4.8 log10 PFU. These data indicated that not all females with a disseminated infection transmitted virus because of the presence of one or more salivary gland barriers...
- Farber C, Medrano J. Fine mapping reveals sex bias in quantitative trait loci affecting growth, skeletal size and obesity-related traits on mouse chromosomes 2 and 11. Genetics. 2007;175:349-60 pubmed..These results highlight the importance of assessing the contribution of sex in complex trait analyses. ..
- Krispel C, Sokolov M, Chen Y, Song H, Herrmann R, Arshavsky V, et al. Phosducin regulates the expression of transducin betagamma subunits in rod photoreceptors and does not contribute to phototransduction adaptation. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:303-12 pubmed
- Barisone G, Yun J, Diaz E. From cerebellar proliferation to tumorigenesis: new insights into the role of Mad3. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:423-7 pubmed
- Hodzic E, Feng S, Holden K, Freet K, Barthold S. Persistence of Borrelia burgdorferi following antibiotic treatment in mice. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:1728-36 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that following antibiotic treatment, mice remained infected with nondividing but infectious spirochetes, particularly when antibiotic treatment was commenced during the chronic stage of infection. ..
- Mason J, Cargill S, Anderson G, Carey J. Ovarian status influenced the rate of body-weight change but not the total amount of body-weight gained or lost in female CBA/J mice. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:435-41 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ovarian status, examined by means of ovariectomy and ovarian transplantation, clearly influenced the rate of weight change, but not the total amount of weight gain or loss in female mice. ..
- Lee S, McLachlan J, Kurtz J, Fan D, Winter S, BAUMLER A, et al. Temporal expression of bacterial proteins instructs host CD4 T cell expansion and Th17 development. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002499 pubmed publisher..Thus, pathogen regulation of antigen expression plays a major role in orchestrating the expansion, differentiation, and location of antigen-specific CD4 T cells in vivo...
- Chen Y, Hagopian K, McDonald R, Bibus D, Lopez Lluch G, Villalba J, et al. The influence of dietary lipid composition on skeletal muscle mitochondria from mice following 1 month of calorie restriction. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012;67:1121-31 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that a decreased degree of unsaturation in muscle mitochondrial membranes is not required for reduced H(2)O(2) production with CR. However, dietary lipids do have some influence on proton leak with CR. ..
- Guo T, Zhang T, Ginsburg K, Mishra S, Brown J, Bers D. CaMKII?C slows [Ca]i decline in cardiac myocytes by promoting Ca sparks. Biophys J. 2012;102:2461-70 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that there are dramatic CaMKII-mediated effects on RyR Ca release that occur via regulation of both RyR activation and termination processes. ..
- Huang L, Kirschke C, Lay Y, Levy L, Lamirande D, Zhang P. Znt7-null mice are more susceptible to diet-induced glucose intolerance and insulin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33883-96 pubmed..We conclude that a combination of decreased insulin secretion and increased insulin resistance accounts for the glucose intolerance observed in Znt7 KO mice. ..
- Elmer B, McAllister A. Major histocompatibility complex class I proteins in brain development and plasticity. Trends Neurosci. 2012;35:660-70 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes our current understanding of MHCI expression and function in the CNS, as well as the potential mechanisms used by MHCI to regulate brain development and plasticity. ..
- Zhang G, Panigrahy D, Mahakian L, Yang J, Liu J, Stephen Lee K, et al. Epoxy metabolites of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) inhibit angiogenesis, tumor growth, and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6530-5 pubmed publisher..These results designate epoxyeicosatrienoic acids and EDPs as unique endogenous mediators of an angiogenic switch to regulate tumorigenesis and implicate a unique mechanistic linkage between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and cancers. ..
- Toupadakis C, Granick J, Sagy M, Wong A, Ghassemi E, Chung D, et al. Mobilization of endogenous stem cell populations enhances fracture healing in a murine femoral fracture model. Cytotherapy. 2013;15:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Rapid mobilization of endogenous stem cells could provide an effective alternative strategy to cell transplantation for enhancing tissue regeneration. ..
- Kwon H, Haudenschild A, Brown W, Vapniarsky N, Paschos N, Arzi B, et al. Tissue engineering potential of human dermis-isolated adult stem cells from multiple anatomical locations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182531 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that hDIAS cells hold promise as a potential cell source for a number of tissue engineering applications. ..
- Yu M, Zheng X, Witschi H, Pinkerton K. The role of interleukin-6 in pulmonary inflammation and injury induced by exposure to environmental air pollutants. Toxicol Sci. 2002;68:488-97 pubmed..Data from this study further suggest that IL-6 antibody treatment modalities may be a means to attenuate pulmonary inflammation and injury. ..
- Delany M, Daniels L. The chicken telomerase reverse transcriptase (chTERT): molecular and cytogenetic characterization with a comparative analysis. Gene. 2004;339:61-9 pubmed..Results presented here should promote structure-function studies of chTERT, as well as contribute to the comparative analysis of TERT regulation and function in vertebrates utilizing the telomere clock mechanism to different degrees. ..
- Meizel S, Son J. Studies of sperm from mutant mice suggesting that two neurotransmitter receptors are important to the zona pellucida-initiated acrosome reaction. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;72:250-8 pubmed..While defects in either the GlyR or the alpha7nAChR completely inhibit the ZP-initiated AR, fertilization by these mutant sperm can still occur in vitro, probably due to sperm that complete spontaneous AR on the ZP. ..
- Nie L, Gratton M, Mu K, Dinglasan J, Feng W, Yamoah E. Expression and functional phenotype of mouse ERG K+ channels in the inner ear: potential role in K+ regulation in the inner ear. J Neurosci. 2005;25:8671-9 pubmed..In addition, the property of the channel that produces marked K+ extrusion in increased external K+ may be important in shaping the dynamics of K+ cycling in the inner ear. ..
- Ellerman D, Myles D, Primakoff P. A role for sperm surface protein disulfide isomerase activity in gamete fusion: evidence for the participation of ERp57. Dev Cell. 2006;10:831-7 pubmed..The results support the idea that thiol-disulfide exchange is a mechanism that may act in gamete fusion to produce conformational changes in fusion-active proteins. ..
- Runge K, Evans J, He Z, Gupta S, McDonald K, Stahlberg H, et al. Oocyte CD9 is enriched on the microvillar membrane and required for normal microvillar shape and distribution. Dev Biol. 2007;304:317-25 pubmed..They may also have a dynamic interaction with the sperm that serves to capture the sperm cell and bring it into close contact with the oocyte plasma membrane. ..
- Whited K, Tso P, Raybould H. Involvement of apolipoprotein A-IV and cholecystokinin1 receptors in exogenous peptide YY3 36-induced stimulation of intestinal feedback. Endocrinology. 2007;148:4695-703 pubmed..The data suggest a role for apo A-IV and the CCK(1)R in PYY(3-36)-induced activation of the vagal afferent pathway and inhibition of gastric emptying, but this is likely not the pathway mediating the effects of PYY(3-36) on food intake. ..
- Vogel C, Li W, Sciullo E, Newman J, Hammock B, Reader J, et al. Pathogenesis of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated development of lymphoma is associated with increased cyclooxygenase-2 expression. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1538-48 pubmed..The results indicate that AhR activation and COX-2 overexpression likely represent a mechanism of resistance to apoptosis in lymphoma cell lines that might be relevant for the development of lymphoma in vivo. ..
- Akiyama T, Merrill A, Zanotto K, Carstens M, Carstens E. Scratching behavior and Fos expression in superficial dorsal horn elicited by protease-activated receptor agonists and other itch mediators in mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:945-51 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PAR-2 and PAR-4 agonists, histamine, and 5-HT elicit itch-related scratching and activate superficial dorsal horn neurons that may participate in scratch reflex and ascending itch signaling pathways. ..
- Xu E, Zhang J, Chen X. MDM2 expression is repressed by the RNA-binding protein RNPC1 via mRNA stability. Oncogene. 2013;32:2169-78 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that the RNA-binding activity of RNPC1 is required for binding to MDM2 transcript and consequently, for inhibiting MDM2 expression. Together, we uncover a novel regulation of MDM2 by the RBP RNPC1 via mRNA stability. ..
- Medici V, Shibata N, Kharbanda K, LaSalle J, Woods R, Liu S, et al. Wilson's disease: changes in methionine metabolism and inflammation affect global DNA methylation in early liver disease. Hepatology. 2013;57:555-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that increased SAH levels and inflammation affect widespread epigenetic regulation of gene expression in WD. ..
- Vogel C, Wu D, Goth S, Baek J, Lollies A, Domhardt R, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor signaling regulates NF-?B RelB activation during dendritic-cell differentiation. Immunol Cell Biol. 2013;91:568-75 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data demonstrate that AhR modifies the maturation of BMDCs associated with the induction of the regulatory enzyme IDO and altered expression of cytokine, chemokines and DC-specific surface markers and receptors. ..
- Rasooly R, Kelley D, Greg J, Mackey B. Dietary trans 10, cis 12-conjugated linoleic acid reduces the expression of fatty acid oxidation and drug detoxification enzymes in mouse liver. Br J Nutr. 2007;97:58-66 pubmed..Since FMO and cyt P450 are also involved in drug detoxification, suppression of the transcription of these genes by CLA may have other health consequences besides development of fatty liver. ..
- Xavier M, Winter M, Spees A, den Hartigh A, Nguyen K, Roux C, et al. PPAR?-mediated increase in glucose availability sustains chronic Brucella abortus infection in alternatively activated macrophages. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;14:159-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, a shift in intracellular nutrient availability induced by PPAR? promotes chronic persistence of B. abortus within AAMs, and targeting this pathway may aid in eradicating chronic infection. ..
- Froman B, Herrick K, Gorin F. Regulation of the rat muscle glycogen phosphorylase-encoding gene during muscle cell development. Gene. 1994;149:245-52 pubmed..These data suggest that rat MGP transcription in C2C12 muscle cells is modulated by a potent enhancer that utilizes novel regulatory elements. ..
- Bartosiewicz M, Penn S, Buckpitt A. Applications of gene arrays in environmental toxicology: fingerprints of gene regulation associated with cadmium chloride, benzo(a)pyrene, and trichloroethylene. Environ Health Perspect. 2001;109:71-4 pubmed
- Sisemore M, Zheng J, Yang J, Thompson D, Plopper C, Cortopassi G, et al. Cellular characterization of leukotoxin diol-induced mitochondrial dysfunction. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;392:32-7 pubmed
- Rushing S, Denison M. The silencing mediator of retinoic acid and thyroid hormone receptors can interact with the aryl hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor but fails to repress Ah receptor-dependent gene expression. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;403:189-201 pubmed..Furthermore, the interaction between SMRT and the AhR may have implications in pathways other than the AhR signaling pathway. ..
- Xu Y, Tuteja D, Zhang Z, Xu D, Zhang Y, Rodriguez J, et al. Molecular identification and functional roles of a Ca(2+)-activated K+ channel in human and mouse hearts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49085-94 pubmed..Because of the marked differential expression of SK2 channels in the heart, specific ligands for Ca2+-activated K+ currents may offer a unique therapeutic opportunity to modify atrial cells without interfering with ventricular myocytes. ..
- Hagiwara N, Ma B, Ly A. Slow and fast fiber isoform gene expression is systematically altered in skeletal muscle of the Sox6 mutant, p100H. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:301-11 pubmed..Together with our earlier report, demonstrating early postnatal muscle defects in the Sox6 null-p100H mutant, the present results suggest that Sox6 likely plays an important role in muscle development...
- Hagiwara N, Yeh M, Liu A. Sox6 is required for normal fiber type differentiation of fetal skeletal muscle in mice. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2062-76 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that Sox6 plays a critical role in the fiber type differentiation of fetal skeletal muscle. ..
- Huang L, Yu Y, Kirschke C, Gertz E, Lloyd K. Znt7 (Slc30a7)-deficient mice display reduced body zinc status and body fat accumulation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37053-63 pubmed..Furthermore, the reduced body weight gain of the mutant mice was largely due to the decrease in body fat accumulation. We conclude that ZNT7 has essential functions in dietary zinc absorption and in regulation of body adiposity. ..
- Rolán H, Tsolis R. Inactivation of the type IV secretion system reduces the Th1 polarization of the immune response to Brucella abortus infection. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3207-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that early differences in cytokine responses contribute to a stronger Th1 polarization of the immune response in mice infected with wild-type B. abortus than in mice infected with the virB mutant. ..
- Nie L, Zhu J, Gratton M, Liao A, Mu K, Nonner W, et al. Molecular identity and functional properties of a novel T-type Ca2+ channel cloned from the sensory epithelia of the mouse inner ear. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:2287-99 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of the channel during development and the pharmacology of the inner ear Cav3.1 channel may have contributed to the difficulties associated with identification of the non-Cav1.3 currents. ..
- Despa S, Lingrel J, Bers D. Na(+)/K)+)-ATPase α2-isoform preferentially modulates Ca2(+) transients and sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2(+) release in cardiac myocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;95:480-6 pubmed publisher..NKA-α2 has a more prominent role (vs. NKA-α1) in modulating cardiac myocyte SR Ca(2+) release. ..
- Hahm J, Privalsky M. Research resource: identification of novel coregulators specific for thyroid hormone receptor-?2. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:840-59 pubmed publisher..We propose that a combination of isoform-specific recruitment and tissue-specific expression of these newly identified coregulator candidates serves to customize TR function for different biological purposes in different cell types. ..
- Spicer A, Nguyen T. Mammalian hyaluronan synthases: investigation of functional relationships in vivo. Biochem Soc Trans. 1999;27:109-15 pubmed
- Luria A, Weldon S, Kabcenell A, Ingraham R, Matera D, Jiang H, et al. Compensatory mechanism for homeostatic blood pressure regulation in Ephx2 gene-disrupted mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2891-8 pubmed..This shift in renal metabolism is likely a metabolic compensation for the loss of the soluble epoxide hydrolase gene. ..
- Pazzi K, Kraegel S, Griffey S, Theon A, Madewell B. Analysis of the equine tumor suppressor gene p53 in the normal horse and in eight cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas. Cancer Lett. 1996;107:125-30 pubmed..Of eight equine cutaneous or mucocutaneous squamous cell carcinomas directly sequenced from exons 5-8, two had p53 point mutations resulting in single amino acid substitutions...
- Gebremichael A, Tullis K, Denison M, Cheek J, Pinkerton K. Ah-receptor-dependent modulation of gene expression by aged and diluted sidestream cigarette smoke. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1996;141:76-83 pubmed
- Wineinger M, Walsh S, Abresch R. The effect of age and temperature on mdx muscle fatigue. Muscle Nerve. 1998;21:1075-7 pubmed..These results suggest a temperature-related mechanism of myofibrillar fatigue in dystrophin-deficient EDL muscles. ..
- Kelley D, Bartolini G, Warren J, Simon V, Mackey B, Erickson K. Contrasting effects of t10,c12- and c9,t11-conjugated linoleic acid isomers on the fatty acid profiles of mouse liver lipids. Lipids. 2004;39:135-41 pubmed..Thus, the two isomers differed not only in their effects on the weights of total liver lipids and lipid fractions but also on the FA profile of the lipid fractions. ..
- Thai P, Chen Y, Dolganov G, Wu R. Differential regulation of MUC5AC/Muc5ac and hCLCA-1/mGob-5 expression in airway epithelium. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:523-30 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that the two biomakers of the metaplastic airway mucous cell type are differentially regulated by JAK/STAT6-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Rothaeusler K, Baumgarth N. Evaluation of intranuclear BrdU detection procedures for use in multicolor flow cytometry. Cytometry A. 2006;69:249-59 pubmed..Paraformaldehyde/saponin-based cell preparation procedures facilitate detailed cell turnover studies on small cell subsets in vivo, revealing new functional information on rare cell populations. ..
- Oertelt S, Lian Z, Cheng C, Chuang Y, Padgett K, He X, et al. Anti-mitochondrial antibodies and primary biliary cirrhosis in TGF-beta receptor II dominant-negative mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:1655-60 pubmed
- Borowsky A. Special considerations in mouse models of breast cancer. Breast Dis. 2007;28:29-38 pubmed
- Oort P, Knotts T, Grino M, Naour N, Bastard J, ClÃ©ment K, et al. Gamma-synuclein is an adipocyte-neuron gene coordinately expressed with leptin and increased in human obesity. J Nutr. 2008;138:841-8 pubmed..0001; n = 44). Gamma-synuclein protein was observed in rodent and human WAT but not in negative control liver. These results are consistent with the hypothesis that gamma-synuclein plays an important role in adipocyte physiology. ..
- Hunsaker M, Wenzel H, Willemsen R, Berman R. Progressive spatial processing deficits in a mouse model of the fragile X premutation. Behav Neurosci. 2009;123:1315-24 pubmed publisher..At 48 weeks of age, CGG KI mice were unable to detect either change in object location. These data indicate that hippocampal-dependent impairments in spatial processing may occur prior to parietal cortex-dependent impairments in FXTAS. ..
- Akiyama T, Carstens M, Carstens E. Enhanced scratching evoked by PAR-2 agonist and 5-HT but not histamine in a mouse model of chronic dry skin itch. Pain. 2010;151:378-83 pubmed publisher..The correspondence between enhanced behavioral scratching and DRG cell responses suggest that peripheral pruriceptors that respond to proteases and 5-HT, but not histamine, may be sensitized in dry skin itch. ..
- Maezawa I, Zimin P, Wulff H, Jin L. Amyloid-beta protein oligomer at low nanomolar concentrations activates microglia and induces microglial neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3693-706 pubmed publisher..1 activity and excessive NO release are required for A?O-induced microglial neurotoxicity. Our results suggest that A?O, generally considered a neurotoxin, may more potently cause neuronal damage indirectly by activating microglia in AD. ..
- Toupadakis C, Wong A, Genetos D, Chung D, Murugesh D, Anderson M, et al. Long-term administration of AMD3100, an antagonist of SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling, alters fracture repair. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1853-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling plays a central role in bone healing possibly by regulating the recruitment and/or differentiation of stem and progenitor cells. ..
- Gross O, Pugh E, Burns M. Calcium feedback to cGMP synthesis strongly attenuates single-photon responses driven by long rhodopsin lifetimes. Neuron. 2012;76:370-82 pubmed publisher..As a result, rod SPRs achieve a more stereotyped amplitude, a characteristic considered important for reliable transmission through the visual system. ..
- Zunino S, Storms D, Newman J, Pedersen T, Keen C, Ducore J. Oral or parenteral administration of curcumin does not prevent the growth of high-risk t(4;11) acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells engrafted into a NOD/SCID mouse model. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:741-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the findings in previous in vitro models, the current data indicate that orally or parenterally administered curcumin is not a potent preventive agent against high?risk t(4;11) acute lymphoblastic leukemia. ..
- Tucker R, Ferralli J, Schittny J, Chiquet Ehrismann R. Tenascin-C and tenascin-W in whisker follicle stem cell niches: possible roles in regulating stem cell proliferation and migration. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5111-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the CD34-positive whisker follicle stem cell niche contains both tenascin-C and tenascin-W, and these glycoproteins might play a role in directing the migration and proliferation of these stem cells. ..
- Johns J, Macnamara K, Walker N, Winslow G, Borjesson D. Infection with Anaplasma phagocytophilum induces multilineage alterations in hematopoietic progenitor cells and peripheral blood cells. Infect Immun. 2009;77:4070-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a well-conserved series of events that we demonstrate can be instigated by an LPS-negative pathogen in the absence of an endotoxin-mediated acute proinflammatory response. ..