Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Medel Matus J, Reynolds A, Shin D, Sankar R, Mazarati A. Regulation of kindling epileptogenesis by hippocampal Toll-like receptors 2. Epilepsia. 2017;58:e122-e126 pubmed publisher..Immunostaining revealed that LTA-A attenuated the inflammatory response produced by seizures. These findings suggest that the activation of TLR2 in the hippocampus may facilitate limbic epileptogenesis. ..
- Govetto A, Su D, Farajzadeh M, Megerdichian A, Platner E, Ducournau Y, et al. Microcystoid Macular Changes in Association With Idiopathic Epiretinal Membranes in Eyes With and Without Glaucoma: Clinical Insights. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:156-165 pubmed publisher..In glaucomatous eyes, pars plana vitrectomy with epiretinal and internal limiting membrane peel was ineffective in the treatment of microcystoid macular changes. ..
- Borriello L, Nakata R, Sheard M, Fernandez G, Sposto R, Malvar J, et al. Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Share Characteristics and Protumorigenic Activity with Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5142-5157 pubmed publisher..These data point to a new type of protumorigenic CAF in the tumor microenvironment of neuroblastoma and to STAT3 and ERK1/2 as mediators of their activity. Cancer Res; 77(18); 5142-57. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Micewicz E, Kim K, Iwamoto K, Ratikan J, Cheng G, Boxx G, et al. 4-(Nitrophenylsulfonyl)piperazines mitigate radiation damage to multiple tissues. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181577 pubmed publisher..The lead compound was active if given to mice before or after WBI and had some anti-tumor action, suggesting that these compounds may find broader applications to cancer radiation therapy. ..
- McGregor R, Shan L, Wu M, Siegel J. Diurnal fluctuation in the number of hypocretin/orexin and histamine producing: Implication for understanding and treating neuronal loss. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178573 pubmed publisher..Understanding the function and dynamics of transmitter production within "non-visible" phenotypically defined cells has fundamental implications for our understanding of brain plasticity. ..
- Fischer M, Salehi A, Sopher M, Vorobiof G, Shemin R. Ruptured Papillary Muscles After Chordae-Preserving Bioprosthetic Mitral Valve Replacement. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e243-e245 pubmed publisher..An intraoperative transesophageal echocardiogram demonstrated ruptured papillary muscles. This case report describes the differential diagnosis and surgical management of this rare finding. ..
- Fahey J, Taylor J, Manna B, Nishanian P, Aziz N, Giorgi J, et al. Prognostic significance of plasma markers of immune activation, HIV viral load and CD4 T-cell measurements. AIDS. 1998;12:1581-90 pubmed
- Nielles Vallespin S, Khalique Z, Ferreira P, de Silva R, Scott A, Kilner P, et al. Assessment of Myocardial Microstructural Dynamics by In Vivo Diffusion Tensor Cardiac Magnetic Resonance. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:661-676 pubmed publisher..These novel insights significantly improve understanding of contractile dysfunction at a level of noninvasive interrogation not previously available in humans. ..
- Mundis G, TURNER J, Kabirian N, Pawelek J, Eastlack R, Uribe J, et al. Anterior Column Realignment has Similar Results to Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy in Treating Adults with Sagittal Plane Deformity. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:249-256 pubmed publisher..3% vs. 41.2%, respectively). ACR achieved similar radiographic results as PSO in a matched cohort with significantly less estimated blood loss and similar overall complication rate. ..
- Farrand K, Fridman M, Stillman I, Schaumberg D. Prevalence of Diagnosed Dry Eye Disease in the United States Among Adults Aged 18 Years and Older. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:90-98 pubmed publisher..85-2.43 for those on government and private insurance vs none). We estimate that >16 million US adults have diagnosed DED. Prevalence is higher among women than men, increases with age, and is notable among those aged 18-34 years. ..
- Schoos M, Chandrasekhar J, Baber U, Bhasin A, Sartori S, Aquino M, et al. Causes, Timing, and Impact of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Interruption for Surgery (from the Patterns of Non-adherence to Anti-platelet Regimens In Stented Patients Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:904-910 pubmed publisher..Only 1% of patients with DAPT interruption experienced a subsequent thrombotic event during the interruption period, which mainly occurred in patients stopping both antiplatelet agents. ..
- Koch D, Speiser J, Durkalski V, Fontana R, Davern T, McGuire B, et al. The Natural History of Severe Acute Liver Injury. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:1389-1396 pubmed publisher..A majority of ALI cases are due to APAP, 93% of whom will improve rapidly and fully recover, while non-APAP patients have a far greater risk of poor outcome and should be targeted for early referral to a liver transplant center. ..
- Jo A, Nguyen T, Stewart S, Sung M, Gildengorin G, Tsoh J, et al. Lay health educators and print materials for the promotion of colorectal cancer screening among Korean Americans: A randomized comparative effectiveness study. Cancer. 2017;123:2705-2715 pubmed publisher..More work is needed to appropriately address logistical and system barriers in this community. Cancer 2017;123:2705-15. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Schwarzenboeck S, Rauscher I, Bluemel C, Fendler W, Rowe S, Pomper M, et al. PSMA Ligands for PET Imaging of Prostate Cancer. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1545-1552 pubmed publisher..This article intends to give an educational overview on the current status of PSMA ligand PET imaging, including imaging procedure and interpretation, clinical indications, diagnostic potential, and impact on treatment planning. ..
- Nauta F, Kim J, Patel H, Peterson M, Eckstein H, Khoynezhad A, et al. Early Outcomes of Acute Retrograde Dissection From the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;29:150-159 pubmed publisher..A subset of patients with acute retrograde AD originating from primary tear in the descending aorta might be managed less invasively with acceptable early results, particularly among those with proximal extension limited to the arch. ..
- Thamotharan S, Chu A, Kempf K, Janzen C, Grogan T, Elashoff D, et al. Differential microRNA expression in human placentas of term intra-uterine growth restriction that regulates target genes mediating angiogenesis and amino acid transport. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176493 pubmed publisher..We have established the biological significance of various miRs that target common transcripts mediating pathways of importance, which are perturbed in the human IUGR placenta. ..
- Woodley D, Cogan J, Hou Y, Lyu C, Marinkovich M, Keene D, et al. Gentamicin induces functional type VII collagen in recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa patients. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3028-3038 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT02698735. Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Partnership, Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation, NIH, and VA Merit Award. ..
- Khuu D, Eberhard M, Bristow B, Javanbakht M, Ash L, Shafir S, et al. Malaria-Related Hospitalizations in the United States, 2000-2014. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:213-221 pubmed publisher..Malaria imposes a substantial disease burden in the United States. Enhanced primary and secondary prevention measures, including strategies to increase the use of pretravel consultations and prompt diagnosis and treatment are needed. ..
- Li P, Siddiqi I, Mottok A, Loo E, Wu C, Cozen W, et al. Monoamine oxidase A is highly expressed in classical Hodgkin lymphoma. J Pathol. 2017;243:220-229 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the potential utility of MAOA as a diagnostic marker and therapeutic target are warranted. Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Ming M, Sinnett Smith J, Wang J, Soares H, Young S, Eibl G, et al. Dose-Dependent AMPK-Dependent and Independent Mechanisms of Berberine and Metformin Inhibition of mTORC1, ERK, DNA Synthesis and Proliferation in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114573 pubmed publisher..We propose that berberine and metformin inhibit mitogenic signaling in PDAC cells through dose-dependent AMPK-dependent and independent pathways. ..
- Liu P, Ji Y, Yuen T, Rendina Ruedy E, DeMambro V, Dhawan S, et al. Blocking FSH induces thermogenic adipose tissue and reduces body fat. Nature. 2017;546:107-112 pubmed publisher..These actions result from the specific binding of the antibody to the β-subunit of Fsh to block its action. Our studies uncover opportunities for simultaneously treating obesity and osteoporosis. ..
- Lam P, Dooley D, Deedwania P, Singh S, Bhatt D, Morgan C, et al. Heart Rate and Outcomes in Hospitalized Patients With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1861-1871 pubmed publisher..Among hospitalized patients with HFpEF, a lower discharge heart rate was independently associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality, but not readmission. ..
- Freedland S, Vidal A, Howard L, Terris M, Cooperberg M, Amling C, et al. Race and risk of metastases and survival after radical prostatectomy: Results from the SEARCH database. Cancer. 2017;123:4199-4206 pubmed publisher..The authors examined the association between race and long-term outcomes after RP...
- Ou R, Ramos G, Bowles C, Juo Y, Shemin R, Benharash P. Are nonemergent cardiac operations performed during off-time associated with worse outcome?. J Surg Res. 2017;218:348-352 pubmed publisher..Our findings should be considered during operative scheduling to optimize resource distribution and patient care strategies. ..
- Sharifipour F, Morales E, Lee J, Giaconi J, Afifi A, Yu F, et al. Vertical Macular Asymmetry Measures Derived From SD-OCT for Detection of Early Glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4310–4317 pubmed publisher..Combining local asymmetry parameters with the best sectoral GCIPL thickness measures enhanced this task. ..
- Toyama K, Ayabe K, Kar S, Kubo S, Minamishima T, Rader F, et al. Postprocedural Changes of Tricuspid Regurgitation After MitraClip Therapy for Mitral Regurgitation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:857-861 pubmed publisher..Only a reduction in sPAP was independently associated with TR regression. ..
- Coloigner J, Kim Y, Bush A, Choi S, Balderrama M, Coates T, et al. Contrasting resting-state fMRI abnormalities from sickle and non-sickle anemia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184860 pubmed publisher..Decreased ALFF in the frontal lobe was correlated with decreased verbal fluency and cognitive flexibility. These findings may lead to a better understanding of the pathophysiology of SCD...
- Akıl H, Dastiridou A, Marion K, Francis B, Chopra V. Repeatability, reproducibility, agreement characteristics of 2 SD-OCT devices for anterior chamber angle measurements. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:166-170 pubmed publisher..1) mm for SL-AOD and 0.006 (LoA -0.096 to 0.108) mm in SL-TISA. Both devices were able to provide consistent angle measurements, but repeatability and reproducibility were better in Cirrus SD-OCT than in Nidek RS 3000 Advanced SD-OCT. ..
- de Bono J, Ramanathan R, Mina L, Chugh R, Glaspy J, Rafii S, et al. Phase I, Dose-Escalation, Two-Part Trial of the PARP Inhibitor Talazoparib in Patients with Advanced Germline BRCA1/2 Mutations and Selected Sporadic Cancers. Cancer Discov. 2017;7:620-629 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Discov; 7(6); 620-9. Â©2017 AACR.This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 539. ..
- Geers A, Mitchell C, Warner Czyz A, Wang N, Eisenberg L. Early Sign Language Exposure and Cochlear Implantation Benefits. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Contrary to earlier published assertions, there was no advantage to parents' use of sign language either before or after CI. ..
- Gillespie M, Benson L, Bergersen L, Bacha E, Cheatham S, Crean A, et al. Patient Selection Process for the Harmony Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Early Feasibility Study. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1387-1392 pubmed publisher..The initial clinical evaluation of this technology was unique, and the highly variable anatomy of this population required careful screening to ensure acceptable device fit. ..
- Gupta T, Kalra A, Kolte D, Khera S, Villablanca P, Goel K, et al. Regional Variation in Utilization, In-hospital Mortality, and Health-Care Resource Use of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in the United States. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1869-1876 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study may have important policy implications and should provide an impetus to understand the source of this regional variation. ..
- Bui T, Nagasawa D, Lagman C, Jacky Chen C, Chung L, Voth B, et al. Isolated Transverse Process Fractures and Markers of Associated Injuries: The Experience at University of California, Los Angeles. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:82-88 pubmed publisher..Neck and chest pain were significantly associated with vascular injuries. Clinicians should maintain high indices of suspicion for associated injuries in patients with ITPFs, especially after high-velocity mechanisms. ..
- Atanasova V, Jiang Q, Prisco M, Gruber C, Piñón Hofbauer J, Chen M, et al. Amlexanox Enhances Premature Termination Codon Read-Through in COL7A1 and Expression of Full Length Type VII Collagen: Potential Therapy for Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1842-1849 pubmed publisher..This preclinical study demonstrates the potential of repurposing amlexanox for the treatment of patients with RDEB harboring PTC mutation in COL7A1. ..
- Yang O, Cumberland W, Escobar R, Liao D, Chew K. Demographics and natural history of HIV-1-infected spontaneous controllers of viremia. AIDS. 2017;31:1091-1098 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SCV represents an extreme along a continuum of HIV-1 infection, and not qualitative difference. ..
- Brinton M, Kossler A, Patel Z, Loudin J, Franke M, Ta C, et al. Enhanced Tearing by Electrical Stimulation of the Anterior Ethmoid Nerve. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2341-2348 pubmed publisher..Human studies with an intranasal stimulator should verify these effects in patients with aqueous- and lipid-deficient forms of dry eye disease. ..
- Saad N, Bowles C, Grenfell B, Basnyat B, Arjyal A, Dongol S, et al. The impact of migration and antimicrobial resistance on the transmission dynamics of typhoid fever in Kathmandu, Nepal: A mathematical modelling study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005547 pubmed publisher..These data support identifying and targeting migrant populations with typhoid immunization programmes to prevent transmission and disease. ..
- Rose D, Nadeau S, Wu S, Tilson J, Dobkin B, Pei Q, et al. Locomotor Training and Strength and Balance Exercises for Walking Recovery After Stroke: Response to Number of Training Sessions. Phys Ther. 2017;97:1066-1074 pubmed publisher..However, gains beyond 24 sessions tended to be very modest. The tracking of individual response trajectories is imperative in planning treatment. ..
- Amini N, Daneshvar R, Sharifipour F, Romero P, Henry S, Caprioli J, et al. Structure-Function Relationships in Perimetric Glaucoma: Comparison of Minimum-Rim Width and Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Parameters. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4623-4631 pubmed publisher..Bruch's membrane opening-MRW normalization did not significantly change SF relationships in this group of eyes with mild departures from average BMO size. ..
- Suh S, Le A, Shin A, Park J, Demer J. Progressive Deformation of the Optic Nerve Head and Peripapillary Structures by Graded Horizontal Duction. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5015-5021 pubmed publisher..We investigated the effect of graded range of horizontal duction on the shape of the peripapillary Bruch's membrane (ppBM) and optic nerve head (ONH)...
- Grock A, Aluisio A, Abram E, Roblin P, Arquilla B. Evaluation of the association between disaster training and confidence in disaster response among graduate medical trainees: A cross-sectional study. Am J Disaster Med. 2017;12:5-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated relatively lower confidence among non-EM residents in disaster response as well as lower number of disaster education time. These data report a learner preference for simulation training. ..
- Park S, Murphy S, Wilkens L, Stram D, Hecht S, Le Marchand L. Association of CYP2A6 activity with lung cancer incidence in smokers: The multiethnic cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178435 pubmed publisher..CYP2A6 activity should be further studied as a risk biomarker for smoking-related lung cancer. ..
- Song L, Wang L, Li F, Yukht A, Qin M, Ruther H, et al. Bone Marrow-Derived Tenascin-C Attenuates Cardiac Hypertrophy by Controlling Inflammation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1601-1615 pubmed publisher..In addition, expression of TNC in the bone marrow, but not the myocardium, protected the myocardium against excessive remodeling in response to mild pressure overload. ..
- Hwang T, Karanjia R, Moraes Filho M, Gale J, Tran J, Chu E, et al. Natural History of Conversion of Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy: A Prospective Case Series. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:843-850 pubmed publisher..Asynchronous quadrant involvement supports a previously published mathematical model. The natural history of LHON is not a subacute process, as previously believed, but progresses more slowly, taking up to 8 months to plateau. ..
- Wu B, Batech M, Quezada M, Lew D, Fujikawa K, Kung J, et al. Dynamic Measurement of Disease Activity in Acute Pancreatitis: The Pancreatitis Activity Scoring System. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:1144-1152 pubmed publisher..We present the development and initial validation of a clinical activity score for real-time assessment of disease activity in patients with acute pancreatitis. ..
- Cheng R, Dawkins S, Tat E, Makar M, Hussaini A, Makkar R, et al. Relation of Residual Mitral Regurgitation Despite Elevated Mitral Gradients to Risk of Heart Failure Hospitalization After MitraClip Repair. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1595-1600 pubmed publisher..044). In conclusion, patients with less-than-moderate residual MR despite a MMG of ?5 had a 79% reduction in hazard for subsequent heart failure hospitalization compared with patients with moderate residual MR...
- Rizvi A, Hartaigh B, Danad I, Han D, Lee J, Gransar H, et al. Diffuse coronary artery disease among other atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by coronary computed tomography angiography for predicting coronary vessel-specific ischemia by fractional flow reserve. Atherosclerosis. 2017;258:145-151 pubmed publisher..Conversely, adding log percent PD to the base model of MLD, PR, and LAP improved cNRI by 0.21 (95% CI: 0.01-0.41, p < 0.001). Accounting for diffuse CAD may help improve the accuracy of CCTA for detecting vessel-specific ischemia. ..
- Gallentine W, Shinnar S, Hesdorffer D, Epstein L, Nordli D, Lewis D, et al. Plasma cytokines associated with febrile status epilepticus in children: A potential biomarker for acute hippocampal injury. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1102-1111 pubmed publisher..If replicated in another study, the IL-1RA/IL-6 ratio could represent a serologic biomarker that offers rapid identification of patients at risk for ultimately developing mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE). ..
- Koulisis N, Kim A, Chu Z, Shahidzadeh A, Burkemper B, Olmos de Koo L, et al. Quantitative microvascular analysis of retinal venous occlusions by spectral domain optical coherence tomography angiography. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176404 pubmed publisher..The unaffected fellow eyes also demonstrate significant differences when compared to controls. OCTA allows for noninvasive, layer-specific, quantitative evaluation of RVO-associated microvascular changes. ..
- Deedwania P, Acharya T, Kotak K, Fonarow G, Cannon C, Laskey W, et al. Compliance with guideline-directed therapy in diabetic patients admitted with acute coronary syndrome: Findings from the American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines-Coronary Artery Disease (GWTG-CAD) program. Am Heart J. 2017;187:78-87 pubmed publisher..Concerted efforts are needed to continue this positive trend. ..
- MuÃ±oz CastaÃ±eda J, Herencia C, PendÃ³n Ruiz de Mier M, Rodriguez Ortiz M, Díaz Tocados J, Vergara N, et al. Differential regulation of renal Klotho and FGFR1 in normal and uremic rats. FASEB J. 2017;31:3858-3867 pubmed publisher..Diaz-Tocados, J. M., Vergara, N., MartÃnez-Moreno, J. M., SalmerÃ³n, M. D., Richards, W. G., Felsenfeld, A., Kuro-O, M., AlmadÃ©n, Y., RodrÃguez, M. Differential regulation of renal Klotho and FGFR1 in normal and uremic rats. ..
- Paulson R. Introduction: Contemporary approaches to alternative ovarian stimulation strategies for inÂ vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:555-557 pubmed publisher..As the treatment of infertility becomes more personalized, it is likely that standard, heavy-handed stimulation protocols will give way to simpler strategies, specifically tailored to each patient's individual characteristics and needs. ..
- Zumsteg Z, Chen Z, Howard L, Amling C, Aronson W, Cooperberg M, et al. Modified risk stratification grouping using standard clinical and biopsy information for patients undergoing radical prostatectomy: Results from SEARCH. Prostate. 2017;77:1592-1600 pubmed publisher..Prostate cancer is a heterogeneous disease, and risk stratification systems have been proposed to guide treatment decisions. However, significant heterogeneity remains for those with unfavorable-risk disease...
- Bruce M, Martins D, Duru K, Beech B, Sims M, Harawa N, et al. Church attendance, allostatic load and mortality in middle aged adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177618 pubmed publisher..AL, a measure of stress, only partially explained differences in mortality between church and non-church attendees. These findings suggest a potential independent effect of church attendance on mortality. ..
- Shino M, Weigt S, Li N, Palchevskiy V, Derhovanessian A, Saggar R, et al. The prognostic importance of CXCR3 chemokine during organizing pneumonia on the risk of chronic lung allograft dysfunction after lung transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180281 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate for the first time, the prognostic importance of BALF CXCR3 ligand concentrations during OP on subsequent CLAD risk. ..
- Arpawong T, Pendleton N, Mekli K, McArdle J, Gatz M, Armoskus C, et al. Genetic variants specific to aging-related verbal memory: Insights from GWASs in a population-based cohort. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182448 pubmed publisher..Findings from this first U.S. population-based GWAS study conducted on both age-related immediate and delayed verbal memory merit continued examination in other samples and additional measures of verbal memory. ..
- Shi M, Taylor J, Fahey J, Hoover D, Munoz A, Kingsley L. Early levels of CD4, neopterin, and beta 2-microglobulin indicate future disease progression. J Clin Immunol. 1997;17:43-52 pubmed..High current levels of neopterin or beta 2-microglobulin tend to be associated with low future CD4 count, while current levels of CD4 count have less association with future neopterin and beta 2-microglobulin levels. ..
- Jensen D, Kovacs T, Ohning G, Ghassemi K, Machicado G, Dulai G, et al. Doppler Endoscopic Probe Monitoring of Blood Flow Improves Risk Stratification and Outcomes of Patients With Severe Nonvariceal Upper Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1310-1318.e1 pubmed publisher..Guidelines for nonvariceal gastrointestinal bleeding should incorporate these results. ClinicalTrials.gov no: NCT00732212 (CLIN-013-07F). ..
- Khaleel M, Puliyel M, Shah P, SUNWOO J, Kato R, Chalacheva P, et al. Individuals with sickle cell disease have a significantly greater vasoconstriction response to thermal pain than controls and have significant vasoconstriction in response to anticipation of pain. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:1137-1145 pubmed publisher..The rapidity of the global vasoconstriction response indicates a neural origin that may play a part in the transition from steady-state to VOC, and may also contribute to the variability in VOC frequency observed in SCD patients. ..
- Fan W, Wang K, Ghasemi Falavarjani K, Sagong M, Uji A, Ip M, et al. Distribution of Nonperfusion Area on Ultra-widefield Fluorescein Angiography in Eyes With Diabetic Macular Edema: DAVE Study. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;180:110-116 pubmed publisher..05). In eyes with DME, the ISI increases with increasing distance from the fovea. The severity of DME does not appear to correlate with global NPA and ISI. ..
- Tanimoto T, Parseghian M, Nakahara T, Kawai H, Narula N, Kim D, et al. Cardioprotective Effects of HSP72 Administration on Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1479-1492 pubmed publisher..It might have potential to serve as an adjunct to early reperfusion in the management of myocardial infarction. ..
- Willsey A, Fernandez T, Yu D, King R, Dietrich A, Xing J, et al. De Novo Coding Variants Are Strongly Associated with Tourette Disorder. Neuron. 2017;94:486-499.e9 pubmed publisher..Overall, we estimate that de novo damaging variants in approximately 400 genes contribute risk in 12% of clinical cases. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Landisch R, Massoumi R, Christensen M, Wagner A. Infectious outcomes of gastroschisis patients with intraoperative hypothermia. J Surg Res. 2017;215:93-97 pubmed publisher..A multiinstitutional study with greater power is needed to further investigate the relationship between perioperative hypothermia and surgical ICs. ..
- Scoles D, Meera P, Schneider M, Paul S, Dansithong W, Figueroa K, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide therapy for spinocerebellar ataxia type 2. Nature. 2017;544:362-366 pubmed publisher..These findings support ASOs as a promising approach for treating some human neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Lluri G, Renella P, Finn J, Vorobiof G, Aboulhosn J, Deb A. Prognostic Significance of Left Ventricular Fibrosis in Patients With Congenital Bicuspid Aortic Valve. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1176-1179 pubmed publisher..5%, p?=?0.0028). In conclusion, evaluation of LGE by CMR as a marker of LV myocardial fibrosis can have additional prognostic value when evaluating patients with aortic stenosis secondary to BAV. ..
- Blount R, Pascopella L, Catanzaro D, Barry P, English P, Segal M, et al. Traffic-Related Air Pollution and All-Cause Mortality during Tuberculosis Treatment in California. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097026 pubmed publisher..Ambient air pollution and tuberculosis (TB) have an impact on public health worldwide, yet associations between the two remain uncertain...
- Zipursky R, Press M, Srikanthan P, Gornbein J, McClelland R, Watson K, et al. Relation of Stress Hormones (Urinary Catecholamines/Cortisol) to Coronary Artery Calcium in Men Versus Women (from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis [MESA]). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1963-1971 pubmed publisher..These simple urinary biomarkers contribute to our understanding of the role of stress in the pathogenesis of CAD and may be incorporated into future strategies to prevent and treat CAD. ..
- Chung D, Frausto R, Lin B, Hanser E, Cohen Z, Aldave A. Transcriptomic Profiling of Posterior Polymorphous Corneal Dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3202-3214 pubmed publisher..Further study of the differentially expressed genes associated with ZEB1 and OVOL2 is expected to identify candidate genes for individuals with PPCD and without a ZEB1 or OVOL2 mutation. ..
- Nayeri A, Gluck H, Farber Eger E, Krishnan S, Shamsa K, Lee M, et al. Temporal Pattern and Prognostic Significance of Hypokalemia in Patients Undergoing Targeted Temperature Management Following Cardiac Arrest. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1110-1113 pubmed publisher..36, 95% confidence interval 0.13 to 0.97, p?=?0.044). Hyperkalemia was not associated with poor neurologic outcomes, death, or recurrent ventricular arrhythmia. ..
- Reue K. Sex differences in obesity: X chromosome dosage as a risk factor for increased food intake, adiposity and co-morbidities. Physiol Behav. 2017;176:174-182 pubmed publisher..The identification of X chromosome dosage as a player in the behavior and physiology related to obesity suggests novel molecular mechanisms that may underlie sex differences in obesity and metabolism. ..
- Watkins K, Ober A, Lamp K, Lind M, Setodji C, Osilla K, et al. Collaborative Care for Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorders in Primary Care: The SUMMIT Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1480-1488 pubmed publisher..Primary care offers an important and underutilized setting to deliver treatment for opioid and/or alcohol use disorders (OAUD). Collaborative care (CC) is effective but has not been tested for OAUD...
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Sun R, Hu Z, Sottoriva A, Graham T, Harpak A, Ma Z, et al. Between-region genetic divergence reflects the mode and tempo of tumor evolution. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1015-1024 pubmed publisher..Our findings have broad implications for how human tumors progress, how they accumulate intratumoral heterogeneity, and ultimately how they may be more effectively treated...
- Currylow A, Mandimbihasina A, Gibbons P, Bekarany E, Stanford C, Louis E, et al. Comparative ecophysiology of a critically endangered (CR) ectotherm: Implications for conservation management. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182004 pubmed publisher..Further, considering the recent revelation of this tortoises' possible extirpation from the wild, these data are critically opportune and may be key to the survival of this species. ..