Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in Palo Alto, California, United States
Locale: Palo Alto, California, United States
Topic: in situ hybridization
- Tsou A, Kosaka A, Bach C, Zuppan P, Yee C, Tom L, et al. Cloning and expression of a 5-hydroxytryptamine7 receptor positively coupled to adenylyl cyclase. J Neurochem. 1994;63:456-64 pubmed..Methiothepin and spiperone were potent antagonists. Preliminary analysis suggests that GP2-7 closely resembles a receptor in the guinea pig hippocampus that exhibits a high affinity toward 5-CT. ..
- Sangameswaran L, Delgado S, Fish L, Koch B, Jakeman L, Stewart G, et al. Structure and function of a novel voltage-gated, tetrodotoxin-resistant sodium channel specific to sensory neurons. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5953-6 pubmed..In situ hybridization to rat DRG indicated that PN3 is expressed primarily in small sensory neurons of the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Storm E, Kingsley D. GDF5 coordinates bone and joint formation during digit development. Dev Biol. 1999;209:11-27 pubmed..Thus, GDF5 function in the digits demonstrates a link between cartilage development and joint development and is an important determinant of the pattern of bones and articulations in the digits. ..
- Krishnan C, Cupp J, Arber D, Faix J. Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma arising in the setting of hepatitis C and mixed cryoglobulinemia. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:4312-4 pubmed
- Eriksson K, Zhang S, Lin L, Lariviere R, Julien J, Mignot E. The type III neurofilament peripherin is expressed in the tuberomammillary neurons of the mouse. BMC Neurosci. 2008;9:26 pubmed publisher..The complete overlap between histidine decarboxylase and peripherin, both the protein and its mRNA, renders peripherin a useful new marker for histaminergic neurons in the hypothalamus. ..
- Berman J, Skariah G, Maro G, Mignot E, Mourrain P. Characterization of two melanin-concentrating hormone genes in zebrafish reveals evolutionary and physiological links with the mammalian MCH system. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:695-710 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that zebrafish MCH2 is the putative structural and functional ortholog of mammalian MCH and help elucidate the nature of MCH evolution among vertebrates. ..