Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Publications461 found, 100 shown here
- Hayata T, Blitz I, Iwata N, Cho K. Identification of embryonic pancreatic genes using Xenopus DNA microarrays. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1455-66 pubmed publisher..Our analyses implicate the involvement of previously unsuspected signaling pathways during early pancreas development. Developmental Dynamics 238:1455-1466, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Lie D, Bereknyei S, Braddock C, Encinas J, Ahearn S, Boker J. Assessing medical students' skills in working with interpreters during patient encounters: a validation study of the Interpreter Scale. Acad Med. 2009;84:643-50 pubmed publisher..The IS has reasonable internal consistency reliability and construct validity to warrant use for formatively measuring student communication skills in interpreted SP encounters, and it needs testing in actual patient encounters. ..
- Owen C, Howard A, Binder D. Hippocampus minor, calcar avis, and the Huxley-Owen debate. Neurosurgery. 2009;65:1098-104; discussion 1104-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, this relatively obscure neuroanatomic landmark served as a pivotal point of contention in the most popularized and acrimonious evolutionary debate of the 19th century. ..
- Carrion B, Huang C, Ghajar C, Kachgal S, Kniazeva E, Jeon N, et al. Recreating the perivascular niche ex vivo using a microfluidic approach. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2010;107:1020-8 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the potential of this physiologically relevant ex vivo model system to study how proximity to blood vessels may influence stem cell multipotency...
- Djalilian H, Rubinstein M, Wu E, Naemi K, Zardouz S, Karimi K, et al. Optical coherence tomography of cholesteatoma. Otol Neurotol. 2010;31:932-5 pubmed..OCT relies on intrinsic differences in tissue optical properties for image contrast...
- Nguyen H, Galea C, Schmunk G, Smith B, Edwards R, Norton R, et al. Intracellular trafficking of the KV1.3 potassium channel is regulated by the prodomain of a matrix metalloprotease. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6451-64 pubmed publisher..MMP23 and KV1.3 expression is enhanced and overlapping in colorectal cancers where the interaction of the two proteins could affect cell function. ..
- Bennett I, Stark C. Mnemonic discrimination relates to perforant path integrity: An ultra-high resolution diffusion tensor imaging study. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2016;129:107-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, whereas perforant path integrity specifically relates to mnemonic discrimination, mnemonic discrimination may be mediated by a broader MTL network. ..
- Kim S, You X, Harmon M, Overbaugh J, Fan H. Use of helper-free replication-defective simian immunodeficiency virus-based vectors to study macrophage and T tropism: evidence for distinct levels of restriction in primary macrophages and a T-cell line. J Virol. 2001;75:2288-300 pubmed..Thus, depending on the cell type infected, envelope-dependent cell interactions that govern SIV M and T tropism may involve different steps in infection. ..
- Fuja T, Lin F, Osann K, Bryant P. Somatic mutations and altered expression of the candidate tumor suppressors CSNK1 epsilon, DLG1, and EDD/hHYD in mammary ductal carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2004;64:942-51 pubmed..They also justify additional studies of the functional significance of the changes, as well as a search for additional changes in these and other genes identified from studies on model systems. ..
- Binder D, Steinhäuser C. Functional changes in astroglial cells in epilepsy. Glia. 2006;54:358-68 pubmed
- Zell J, Ziogas A, Ignatenko N, Honda J, Qu N, Bobbs A, et al. Associations of a polymorphism in the ornithine decarboxylase gene with colorectal cancer survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:6208-16 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for conditional regulation of polyamine homeostasis and suggest a model in which the ODC1 SNP may be protective for colon adenoma recurrence and detrimental for survival after colon cancer diagnosis. ..
- Osborne T, Espenshade P. Evolutionary conservation and adaptation in the mechanism that regulates SREBP action: what a long, strange tRIP it's been. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2578-91 pubmed publisher..This review integrates classic features of the SREBP pathway with newer information regarding the regulation and sensing mechanisms that serve to assimilate different cellular physiologic processes for optimal function and growth. ..
- Malinoski D, Patel M, Yakar D, Green D, Qureshi F, Inaba K, et al. A diagnostic delay of 5 hours increases the risk of death after blunt hollow viscus injury. J Trauma. 2010;69:84-7 pubmed publisher..HVI occurred in less than 1% of all blunt trauma admissions. Delays in operative intervention are associated with an increased mortality. A high index of suspicion is needed to make a timely diagnosis and minimize risk. ..
- Liss M, Chang A, Santos R, Nakama Peeples A, Peterson E, Osann K, et al. Prevalence and significance of fluoroquinolone resistant Escherichia coli in patients undergoing transrectal ultrasound guided prostate needle biopsy. J Urol. 2011;185:1283-8 pubmed publisher..This protocol may be used to provide information regarding targeted antibiotic prophylaxis before transrectal prostate biopsies. ..
- van Erp T, Thompson P, Kieseppä T, Bearden C, Marino A, Hoftman G, et al. Hippocampal morphology in lithium and non-lithium-treated bipolar I disorder patients, non-bipolar co-twins, and control twins. Hum Brain Mapp. 2012;33:501-10 pubmed publisher..Unlike schizophrenia, hippocampal alterations in co-twins of bipolar I disorder probands are likely to manifest as subtle volume excess rather than deficit, perhaps indicating protective rather than risk effects. ..
- Kong X, Stephens J, Ball A, Heale J, Newkirk D, Berns M, et al. Condensin I recruitment to base damage-enriched DNA lesions is modulated by PARP1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23548 pubmed publisher..We found that condensin I is preferentially recruited to DNA damage sites enriched for base damage. This process is dictated by PARP1 through its interaction with the chromosome-targeting domain of the hCAP-D2 subunit of condensin I. ..
- Potkin S, Ogasa M, Cucchiaro J, Loebel A. Double-blind comparison of the safety and efficacy of lurasidone and ziprasidone in clinically stable outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Schizophr Res. 2011;132:101-7 pubmed publisher..Study limitations include the relatively short trial duration and lack of placebo control. ..
- Mattfeld A, Gluck M, Stark C. Functional specialization within the striatum along both the dorsal/ventral and anterior/posterior axes during associative learning via reward and punishment. Learn Mem. 2011;18:703-11 pubmed publisher..We suggest that unique subregions of the striatum--separated along both a dorsal/ventral and anterior/posterior axis--differentially participate in the learning of associations through reward and punishment. ..
- Wang W, Feng L, Zhang H, Hachy S, Satohisa S, Laurent L, et al. Preeclampsia up-regulates angiogenesis-associated microRNA (i.e., miR-17, -20a, and -20b) that target ephrin-B2 and EPHB4 in human placenta. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1051-9 pubmed publisher..They regulate EPHB4 and ephrin-B2 expression in trophoblast and endothelial cells via the same "seed" sequence, suggesting their roles in early placental development. ..
- Largent J, Reisman N, Kaplan H, Oefelein M, Jewell M. Clinical trial outcomes of high- and extra high-profile breast implants. Aesthet Surg J. 2013;33:529-39 pubmed publisher..3. ..
- Mohan K, Donavan K, Arter J, Penner R, Weiss G. Sub-nanomolar detection of prostate-specific membrane antigen in synthetic urine by synergistic, dual-ligand phage. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:7761-7 pubmed publisher..Biosensing with virus-PEDOT films provides a 100 pM limit of detection for PSMA in synthetic urine without requiring enzymatic or other amplification. ..
- Bartell S, Longhurst J, Tjoa T, Sioutas C, Delfino R. Particulate air pollution, ambulatory heart rate variability, and cardiac arrhythmia in retirement community residents with coronary artery disease. Environ Health Perspect. 2013;121:1135-41 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with previous findings in this cohort for systemic inflammation, blood pressure, and ST segment depression. ..
- Chen Y, Chen X, Wang L, Hughes G, Qian S, Sun X. Extended association study of PLEKHA7 and COL11A1 with primary angle closure glaucoma in a Han Chinese population. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3797-802 pubmed publisher..Both COL11A1 and PLEKHA7 were shown to confer significant risk for acute PAC/PACG. Further work is necessary to confirm the importance of COL11A1 and PLEKHA7 in the pathogenesis of glaucoma. ..
- Hicar M, Chen X, Kalams S, Sojar H, Landucci G, Forthal D, et al. Low frequency of broadly neutralizing HIV antibodies during chronic infection even in quaternary epitope targeting antibodies containing large numbers of somatic mutations. Mol Immunol. 2016;70:94-103 pubmed publisher..The analysis suggests that large numbers of somatic mutations occur in Ab genes encoding HIV Abs in chronically infected individuals in a non-directed, stochastic, manner. ..
- Sahyouni R, Mahboubi H, Tran P, Roufail J, Chen J. Membranectomy in Chronic Subdural Hematoma: Meta-Analysis. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:418-429 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis provides an in-depth analysis of available data and reviews reported outcomes. ..
- Mulder G, Manley N, Grant J, Schmidt K, Zeng W, Eckhoff C, et al. Effects of excess vitamin A on development of cranial neural crest-derived structures: a neonatal and embryologic study. Teratology. 2000;62:214-26 pubmed
- Hornig M, Briese T, Lipkin W. Bornavirus tropism and targeted pathogenesis: virus-host interactions in a neurodevelopmental model. Adv Virus Res. 2001;56:557-82 pubmed
- Brown D, Kauder S, Cornell C, Jang G, Racaniello V, Semler B. Cell-dependent role for the poliovirus 3' noncoding region in positive-strand RNA synthesis. J Virol. 2004;78:1344-51 pubmed..These data suggest that, together with a cellular factor(s) that is limiting in neuronal cells, the poliovirus 3' noncoding region is involved in positive-strand synthesis during genome replication. ..
- Li A, Liu J, Tanamai W, Kwong R, Cerussi A, Tromberg B. Assessing the spatial extent of breast tumor intrinsic optical contrast using ultrasound and diffuse optical spectroscopy. J Biomed Opt. 2008;13:030504 pubmed publisher..Analysis indicates that invasive breast tumors with anatomical dimensions of 1 cm may still be detectable at depths of 30 mm or more (the center of the lesion to the surface of tissue) using DOS in a reflectance geometry. ..
- Nabavi C, Minckler D, Tao J. Histologic features of mesotherapy-induced orbital fat inflammation. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009;25:69-70 pubmed publisher..Benign proliferation of peripheral nerve trunks consistent with a traumatic neuroma was also noted histologically on one side. Inflammation including fat necrosis and traumatic neuroma are all possible consequences of mesotherapy. ..
- Saager R, Cuccia D, Durkin A. Determination of optical properties of turbid media spanning visible and near-infrared regimes via spatially modulated quantitative spectroscopy. J Biomed Opt. 2010;15:017012 pubmed publisher..The resultant absorption spectrum was well described by a multichromophore fit, and the quantitative values for oxy- and deoxyhemoglobin, water, and melanin were within published ranges for skin. ..
- Franklin S, Chow V, Mori A, Wong N. The significance of low DBP in US adults with isolated systolic hypertension. J Hypertens. 2011;29:1101-8 pubmed publisher..Intensified efforts to identify and adequately treat these individuals are needed to reduce their associated CVD risk. ..
- Chou W, Ngo T, Gershon P. An overview of the vaccinia virus infectome: a survey of the proteins of the poxvirus-infected cell. J Virol. 2012;86:1487-99 pubmed publisher..Quantitative analysis of host cell functions reflected several known facets of virus infection, along with some novel observations. ..
- ..This review summarizes our knowledge of the regulatory elements in several well-studied Alphapapillomavirus types, and indicates some similarities to other papillomavirus genera, whose properties are yet poorly understood. ..
- Chow M, Shaffer J, Harris S, Dawson J. Altered interactions between cardiac myosin binding protein-C and ?-cardiac actin variants associated with cardiomyopathies. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014;550-551:28-32 pubmed publisher..These results also provide clues regarding the binding site of the C0C2 fragment of cMyBP-C on F-actin. ..
- Shirazi A, El Sayed N, Mandal D, Tiwari R, Tavakoli K, Etesham M, et al. Cysteine and arginine-rich peptides as molecular carriers. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:656-661 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of F'-GpYEEI uptake by cells was found to be energy-independent. The results showed that the number of amino acids and their cyclic nature can impact the efficiency of the peptide in transporting the molecular cargos. ..
- Tsujimoto H, Nishizuka S, Redpath J, Stanbridge E. Differential gene expression in tumorigenic and nontumorigenic HeLa x normal human fibroblast hybrid cells. Mol Carcinog. 1999;26:298-304 pubmed
- Cornell C, Perera R, Brunner J, Semler B. Strand-specific RNA synthesis determinants in the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase of poliovirus. J Virol. 2004;78:4397-407 pubmed..In some constructs, the partial reestablishment of PV1 amino acid sequences in this region was capable of rescuing RNA replication in vitro and in cell culture. ..
- Keirstead H, Nistor G, Bernal G, Totoiu M, Cloutier F, Sharp K, et al. Human embryonic stem cell-derived oligodendrocyte progenitor cell transplants remyelinate and restore locomotion after spinal cord injury. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4694-705 pubmed..These studies document the feasibility of predifferentiating hESCs into functional OPCs and demonstrate their therapeutic potential at early time points after spinal cord injury. ..
- Young T, Jerome D, Gupta S. Hyperimmunoglobulinemia E syndrome associated with coronary artery aneurysms: deficiency of central memory CD4+ T cells and expansion of effector memory CD4+ T cells. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;98:389-92 pubmed..Hyperimmunoglobulinemia E syndrome may be associated with coronary artery aneurysms and with deficiency in CD4+ TEMs and expansion of CD4+ TEMRAs. Comprehensive immunologic evaluation should be performed in patients with this syndrome. ..
- Goodwin S, Spies J, Worthington Kirsch R, Peterson E, Pron G, Li S, et al. Uterine artery embolization for treatment of leiomyomata: long-term outcomes from the FIBROID Registry. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;111:22-33 pubmed publisher..Uterine artery embolization results in a durable improvement in quality of life. These results are achievable when the procedure is performed in any experienced community or academic interventional radiology practice. III. ..
- Chen J, Lu R, Lai R, Dinh T, Paul D, Venadas S, et al. Bimatoprost-induced calcium signaling in human T-cells does not involve prostanoid FP or TP receptors. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:184-95 pubmed publisher..Molt-3 cells have been identified as a bimatoprost-sensitive preparation in which the activity of bimatoprost is independent of prostanoid FP receptors. ..
- Huang Y, Tran N, Shumaker P, Kelly K, Ross E, Nelson J, et al. Blood flow dynamics after laser therapy of port wine stain birthmarks. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41:563-71 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that immediate retreatment of these regions identified with LSI, will result in enhanced removal of the PWS vasculature. Lasers Surg. Med. 41:563-571, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Lipkin S, Lee J, Imagawa D, Hewitt S, Tucker C, Zell J, et al. Phase IIA trial testing erlotinib as an intervention against intraductal pancreatic mucinous neoplasms. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:512-3 pubmed publisher..Four-year survival rates of 40% to 75% are reported (3-7). There is currently no chemotherapy specifically approved for treating IPMNs. The number of IPMN cases has significantly increased over the last decade (8). ..
- Seefeld T, Zhou W, Corn R. Rapid microarray detection of DNA and proteins in microliter volumes with surface plasmon resonance imaging measurements. Langmuir. 2011;27:6534-40 pubmed publisher..This enzymatic amplified ssDNA detection method is not limited by diffusion of ssDNA to the interface, and thus is extremely fast, requiring only 200 s in the microliter volume format. ..
- Owens C, Du J, Dawson J, Goulding C. Characterization of heme ligation properties of Rv0203, a secreted heme binding protein involved in Mycobacterium tuberculosis heme uptake. Biochemistry. 2012;51:1518-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the heme affinity of Rv0203-notag is comparable to that of other heme transport proteins, implying that Rv0203 may act as an extracellular heme transporter...
- Lee J, Zierler B, Zierler R. The risk factors and clinical outcomes of upper extremity deep vein thrombosis. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2012;46:139-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, a comparison of clinical outcomes associated with the type, size, and duration of catheter placement should be conducted in patients at risk of or diagnosed with UEDVT. ..
- Kislukhin G, King E, Walters K, Macdonald S, Long A. The genetic architecture of methotrexate toxicity is similar in Drosophila melanogaster and humans. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1301-10 pubmed publisher..melanogaster as a model for uncovering the genetic basis of chemotoxicity and suggest the genetic basis of MTX toxicity is due to a handful of genes each harboring multiple segregating regulatory factors. ..
- Angelini M, Akhlaghpour M, Neuman B, Buchmeier M. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus nonstructural proteins 3, 4, and 6 induce double-membrane vesicles. MBio. 2013;4: pubmed publisher..This activity appears to require the full-length form of nsp3 for action, as double-membrane vesicles were not seen in cells coexpressing the C-terminal truncation nsp3 with nsp4 and nsp6...
- Kreutzer A, Hamza I, Spencer R, Nowick J. X-ray Crystallographic Structures of a Trimer, Dodecamer, and Annular Pore Formed by an A?17-36 ?-Hairpin. J Am Chem Soc. 2016;138:4634-42 pubmed publisher..This model may provide a better understanding of the molecular basis of Alzheimer's disease at atomic resolution. ..
- Tibayrenc M, Ayala F. Relevant units of analysis for applied and basic research dealing with neglected transmissible diseases: The predominant clonal evolution model of pathogenic microorganisms. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005293 pubmed publisher..For extensive developments about the evolutionary background of the model, see our previous papers [1-9]. Citations of these former articles lead to the many references quoted in them, which cannot be listed again here. ..
- Agran P, Anderson C, Winn D, Trent R, Walton Haynes L, Thayer S. Rates of pediatric injuries by 3-month intervals for children 0 to 3 years of age. Pediatrics. 2003;111:e683-92 pubmed
- Brenner K, McConnell M, Evans G, Calvert J. Survival of diced cartilage grafts: an experimental study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:105-15 pubmed..This study demonstrates that deep temporal fascia is the preferred envelope with which to facilitate graft containment and maintain chondrocyte viability of diced cartilage grafts. ..
- Berns M. A history of laser scissors (microbeams). Methods Cell Biol. 2007;82:1-58 pubmed..Throughout the chapter, reference is made to other chapters in the book that go into more detail on the subjects briefly mentioned. ..
- Wu G, Zhou L, Khidr L, Guo X, Kim W, Lee Y, et al. A novel role of the chromokinesin Kif4A in DNA damage response. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2013-20 pubmed..Together, our results suggest a novel role for a chromokinesin family member in the DNA damage response by modulating the BRCA2/Rad51 pathway. ..
- Wong N, Gransar H, Shaw L, Polk D, Moon J, Miranda Peats R, et al. Thoracic aortic calcium versus coronary artery calcium for the prediction of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease events. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009;2:319-26 pubmed publisher..01); however, TAC did not further add to predicting events over FRS or CAC. This study found that CAC, but not TAC, is strongly related to CHD and CVD events. Moreover, TAC does not further improve event prediction over CAC. ..
- Salazar D, Uchida N, Hamers F, Cummings B, Anderson A. Human neural stem cells differentiate and promote locomotor recovery in an early chronic spinal cord injury NOD-scid mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12272 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that hCNS-SCns transplantation has efficacy in an early chronic SCI setting and thus expands the "window of opportunity" for intervention. ..
- Liu G, Qi W, Yu L, Chen Z. Real-time bulk-motion-correction free Doppler variance optical coherence tomography for choroidal capillary vasculature imaging. Opt Express. 2011;19:3657-66 pubmed publisher..High resolution images of choroidal capillary of the vasculature network with phased-resolved color Doppler and Doppler variance are shown. ..
- Daniel R. Rhinoplasty: open tip suture techniques: a 25-year experience. Facial Plast Surg. 2011;27:213-24 pubmed publisher..If additional definition is required, then tip refinement grafts can be added to accommodate thicker skin or lateral crura abnormalities. ..
- Ertman N, Andreano J, Cahill L. Progesterone at encoding predicts subsequent emotional memory. Learn Mem. 2011;18:759-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that emotional memory performance changes across the menstrual cycle, and that this change is in part mediated by endogenous progesterone cycling. ..
- Chamorro Garcia R, Kirchner S, Li X, Janesick A, Casey S, Chow C, et al. Bisphenol A diglycidyl ether induces adipogenic differentiation of multipotent stromal stem cells through a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-independent mechanism. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120:984-9 pubmed publisher..BADGE probably acts through a mechanism that is downstream of, or parallel to, PPAR?. ..
- Mathews M, Shih E, Zamora G, Sun C, Cho S, Kwon Y, et al. Glioma cell growth inhibition following photochemical internalization enhanced non-viral PTEN gene transfection. Lasers Surg Med. 2012;44:746-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that AlPcS(2a) -mediated PCI can be used to enhance cell growth inhibition via transfection of tumor suppressor genes in glioma cells containing mutant PTEN genes. ..
- Qu X, Shen L, Zheng Y, Cui Y, Feng Z, Liu F, et al. A signal transduction pathway from TGF-?1 to SKP2 via Akt1 and c-Myc and its correlation with progression in human melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:159-167 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results integrated TGF-?1 signals to SKP2 via Akt1 and c-Myc during EMT, and provided, to our knowledge, a previously unreported mechanistic molecular event for TGF-?1-induced metastasis in human melanoma. ..
- Wang S, Li Y, Hsu P, Lee S, Kim Y, Lee E. Progesterone receptor A stability is mediated by glycogen synthase kinase-3? in the Brca1-deficient mammary gland. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26265-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide important aspects of tissue specificity of BRCA1-mediated suppression of breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Guo X, Wang X, Wang Z, Banerjee S, Yang J, Huang L, et al. Site-specific proteasome phosphorylation controls cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:202-12 pubmed publisher..These findings define an important mechanism for proteasome regulation and demonstrate the biological significance of proteasome phosphorylation in regulating cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Klein E, Pino M, Johnson A, Davies P, Nagpal S, Thacher S, et al. Identification and functional separation of retinoic acid receptor neutral antagonists and inverse agonists. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22692-6 pubmed..Our data indicate that RARs, like beta2-adrenoreceptors, are sensitive to inverse agonists and that this new class of retinoids will provide insight into the molecular mechanisms of RAR function in skin and other responsive tissues. ..
- Xu Y, Reinscheid R, Huitron Resendiz S, Clark S, Wang Z, Lin S, et al. Neuropeptide S: a neuropeptide promoting arousal and anxiolytic-like effects. Neuron. 2004;43:487-97 pubmed..These results indicate that NPS could be a new modulator of arousal and anxiety. They also show that the LC region encompasses distinct nuclei expressing different arousal-promoting neurotransmitters. ..
- Helguera P, Pelsman A, Pigino G, Wolvetang E, Head E, Busciglio J. ets-2 promotes the activation of a mitochondrial death pathway in Down's syndrome neurons. J Neurosci. 2005;25:2295-303 pubmed
- Wittkopp S, Staimer N, Tjoa T, Gillen D, Daher N, Shafer M, et al. Mitochondrial genetic background modifies the relationship between traffic-related air pollution exposure and systemic biomarkers of inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64444 pubmed publisher..25 µm. These associations were stronger for haplogroup H than haplogroup U. Results suggest that mitochondrial haplogroup U is a novel protective factor for air pollution-related systemic inflammation in this small group of subjects. ..
- Bornman M, Aneck Hahn N, De Jager C, Wagenaar G, Bouwman H, Barnhoorn I, et al. Endocrine Disruptors and Health Effects in Africa: A Call for Action. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:085005 pubmed publisher..However, a coordinated approach to identify and monitor these contaminants and to develop strategies for public health interventions has not yet been made...
- Fanger C, Ghanshani S, Logsdon N, Rauer H, Kalman K, Zhou J, et al. Calmodulin mediates calcium-dependent activation of the intermediate conductance KCa channel, IKCa1. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5746-54 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Ca2+-calmodulin-induced conformational changes in all four subunits are necessary for the channel to open. ..
- Ring C, Ogata S, Meek L, Song J, Ohta T, Miyazono K, et al. The role of a Williams-Beuren syndrome-associated helix-loop-helix domain-containing transcription factor in activin/nodal signaling. Genes Dev. 2002;16:820-35 pubmed
- Wang W, Chan J. Nrf1 is targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane by an N-terminal transmembrane domain. Inhibition of nuclear translocation and transacting function. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19676-87 pubmed..These results suggest that Nrf1 is normally targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane and that endoplasmic reticulum stress may play a role in modulating Nrf1 function as a transcriptional activator. ..
- Furuta S, Wang J, Wei S, Jeng Y, Jiang X, Gu B, et al. Removal of BRCA1/CtIP/ZBRK1 repressor complex on ANG1 promoter leads to accelerated mammary tumor growth contributed by prominent vasculature. Cancer Cell. 2006;10:13-24 pubmed..These results suggest that, besides its role in maintaining genomic stability, BRCA1 directly regulates the expression of angiogenic factors to modulate the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Ducote J, Xu T, Molloi S. Optimization of a flat-panel based real time dual-energy system for cardiac imaging. Med Phys. 2006;33:1562-8 pubmed..The main limitation of dynamic high-energy filtration is increased tube loading. The results of this study can be used to help develop an optimal dual-energy imaging system. ..
- Subramanian V, Marchant J, Ye D, Ma T, Said H. Tight junction targeting and intracellular trafficking of occludin in polarized epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1717-26 pubmed..In contrast, the steady-state localization of occludin at the cell surface was dependent on intact microfilaments but not microtubules. ..
- Li L, Johnson L, Dai Ju J, Sandri Goldin R. Hsc70 focus formation at the periphery of HSV-1 transcription sites requires ICP27. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1491 pubmed publisher..We propose that one function of the Hsc70 nuclear foci may be to serve to facilitate the process of clearing stalled RNAP II complexes from viral genomes during times of highly active transcription. ..
- Owens C, Chim N, Graves A, Harmston C, Iniguez A, Contreras H, et al. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis secreted protein Rv0203 transfers heme to membrane proteins MmpL3 and MmpL11. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21714-28 pubmed publisher..This work elucidates a key step in the mycobacterial uptake of heme, and it may be useful in the development of anti-tuberculosis drugs targeting this pathway...
- Usset J, Raghavan R, Tyrer J, McGuire V, Sieh W, Webb P, et al. Assessment of Multifactor Gene-Environment Interactions and Ovarian Cancer Risk: Candidate Genes, Obesity, and Hormone-Related Risk Factors. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:780-90 pubmed publisher..Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 25(5); 780-90. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Kil Y, Park J, Jafari M, Woo H, Seo E. Minor phenolics from Angelica keiskei and their proliferative effects on Hep3B cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3065-3070 pubmed publisher..Cytoprotective effects against oxidative stress induced by glucose oxidase were also examined on Hep3B cells and mouse fibroblast NIH3T3 cells and all compounds showed significant dose-dependent protection against oxidative stress. ..
- Randall L, Pothuri B, Swisher E, Diaz J, Buchanan A, Witkop C, et al. Multi-disciplinary summit on genetics services for women with gynecologic cancers: A Society of Gynecologic Oncology White Paper. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:217-224 pubmed publisher..Consensus building among all stakeholders resulted in an action plan to address gaps in education of gynecologic oncology providers and delivery of cancer genetics care. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin S, Atangan L, Molina Y, Okawa Y, Arpawong H, et al. Casein kinase 1alpha interacts with retinoid X receptor and interferes with agonist-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30844-9 pubmed..Our study shows that CK1alpha can promote cell survival by interfering with RXR agonist-induced apoptosis. Inhibition of CK1alpha may enhance the anti-cancer effects of RXR agonists. ..
- Neekhra A, Luthra S, Chwa M, Seigel G, Gramajo A, Kuppermann B, et al. Caspase-8, -12, and -3 activation by 7-ketocholesterol in retinal neurosensory cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1362-7 pubmed..The z-VAD-fmk inhibitor blocked caspase-3 activities in the homogeneous ARPE-19 cultures but not in the heterogeneous R28 cultures. ..