Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Berkeley, California, United States
Locale: Berkeley, California, United States
Publications678 found, 100 shown here
- Soergel D, Dey N, Knight R, Brenner S. Selection of primers for optimal taxonomic classification of environmental 16S rRNA gene sequences. ISME J. 2012;6:1440-4 pubmed publisher..Optimal primer choice for short reads totaling 96 nt provides 82-100% of the confident genus classifications available from longer reads. ..
- Gilbert B, Fakra S, Xia T, Pokhrel S, Mädler L, Nel A. The fate of ZnO nanoparticles administered to human bronchial epithelial cells. ACS Nano. 2012;6:4921-30 pubmed publisher..These results corroborate a model for ZnO nanoparticle toxicity that is based on nanoparticle uptake followed by intracellular dissolution. ..
- Mermod N, Williams T, Tjian R. Enhancer binding factors AP-4 and AP-1 act in concert to activate SV40 late transcription in vitro. Nature. 1988;332:557-61 pubmed..Thus by manipulating the levels of different trans-acting factors in vitro, we can recreate the pattern of SV40 late initiation observed during the viral lytic cycle in vivo. ..
- Aragon T, Ulrich S, Fernyak S, Rutherford G. Risks of serious complications and death from smallpox vaccination: a systematic review of the United States experience, 1963-1968. BMC Public Health. 2003;3:26 pubmed..However, the risk reductions of accidental infection and vaccinia necrosum were modest (3.8 and 1.5 fold respectively). ..
- Guan Y, Kuo W, Stilwell J, Takano H, Lapuk A, Fridlyand J, et al. Amplification of PVT1 contributes to the pathophysiology of ovarian and breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5745-55 pubmed..They also suggest that PVT1-mediated inhibition of apoptosis may explain why amplification of 8q24 is associated with reduced survival duration in patients treated with agents that act through apoptotic mechanisms. ..
- Rizki A, Mott J, Bissell M. Polo-like kinase 1 is involved in invasion through extracellular matrix. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11106-10 pubmed..These results support a role for the involvement of PLK1 in the invasion process and point to this pathway as a potential therapeutic target for preinvasive and invasive breast carcinoma treatment. ..
- Ratnam K, Feng X, Chuang P, Verma V, Lu T, Wang J, et al. Role of the retinoic acid receptor-? in HIV-associated nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2011;79:624-634 pubmed publisher..Thus, a defect in the endogenous synthesis of retinoic acid contributes to loss of the protection by retinoic acid in HIVAN. Hence, RAR? agonists may be potential agents for the treatment of HIVAN. ..
- Zhang J, Kan S, Huang B, Hao Z, Mak T, Zhong Q. Mule determines the apoptotic response to HDAC inhibitors by targeted ubiquitination and destruction of HDAC2. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2610-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a critical regulatory mechanism of HDAC2 by Mule and suggest this pathway determines the cellular response to HDACis and DNA damage. ..
- Mourot A, Fehrentz T, Le Feuvre Y, Smith C, Herold C, Dalkara D, et al. Rapid optical control of nociception with an ion-channel photoswitch. Nat Methods. 2012;9:396-402 pubmed publisher..Because intracellular QAQ accumulation is a consequence of nociceptive ion-channel activity, QAQ-mediated photosensitization is a platform for understanding signaling mechanisms in acute and chronic pain. ..
- Royce R, Winkelstein W. HIV infection, cigarette smoking and CD4+ T-lymphocyte counts: preliminary results from the San Francisco Men's Health Study. AIDS. 1990;4:327-33 pubmed..This report demonstrates that those who monitor CD4+ cell counts in HIV-infected individuals for clinical and/or research purposes should also consider smoking status. ..
- Janda J, Abbott S, Albert M. Prototypal diarrheagenic strains of Hafnia alvei are actually members of the genus Escherichia. J Clin Microbiol. 1999;37:2399-401 pubmed
- Bertozzi C, Kiessling L. Chemical glycobiology. Science. 2001;291:2357-64 pubmed..Collectively, these chemical approaches are contributing great insight into the myriad biological functions of oligosaccharides. ..
- Gimm J, An X, Nunomura W, Mohandas N. Functional characterization of spectrin-actin-binding domains in 4.1 family of proteins. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7275-82 pubmed..These data enabled us to propose a model for the 4.1R-spectrin-actin ternary complex which may serve as a general paradigm for regulation of spectrin-based cytoskeleton interaction in various cell types. ..
- Bissell M, Bilder D. Polarity determination in breast tissue: desmosomal adhesion, myoepithelial cells, and laminin 1. Breast Cancer Res. 2003;5:117-9 pubmed..Two recent papers have shed some light onto this intriguing problem in mammary gland biology. The results point to desmosomes and laminin 1 as having crucial roles. However, some questions remain. ..
- Banks M, Hooge I, Backus B. Perceiving slant about a horizontal axis from stereopsis. J Vis. 2001;1:55-79 pubmed..Finally, we examined how slant about a horizontal axis might be estimated when the eyes look eccentrically. ..
- Pai M, Joshi R, Dogra S, Mendiratta D, Narang P, Kalantri S, et al. Serial testing of health care workers for tuberculosis using interferon-gamma assay. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:349-55 pubmed..To meaningfully interpret serial results, the optimal thresholds to distinguish new infections from nonspecific variations must be determined. ..
- Yu J, Schaffer D. High-throughput, library-based selection of a murine leukemia virus variant to infect nondividing cells. J Virol. 2006;80:8981-8 pubmed..Finally, this method of library generation and selection for a desired phenotype directly in a mammalian system can be readily expanded to address other challenges in protein engineering...
- Minovitsky S, Stegmaier P, Kel A, Kondrashov A, Dubchak I. Short sequence motifs, overrepresented in mammalian conserved non-coding sequences. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:378 pubmed..Overall properties of CNSs are affected by patterns in mutation, suggesting that selection which causes their conservation is not always very strong. ..
- Kidd P. Bioavailability and activity of phytosome complexes from botanical polyphenols: the silymarin, curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts. Altern Med Rev. 2009;14:226-46 pubmed..As a molecular delivery vehicle, phytosome technology substantially improves the clinical applicabilities of polyphenols and other poorly absorbed plant medicinals. ..
- Baskent D, Eiler C, Edwards B. Phonemic restoration by hearing-impaired listeners with mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss. Hear Res. 2010;260:54-62 pubmed publisher..The overall findings suggest that, in addition to insufficient audibility, degradations in the bottom-up and/or top-down mechanisms as a result of hearing loss may limit or entirely prevent phonemic restoration...
- Abergel R, Durbin P, Kullgren B, Ebbe S, Xu J, Chang P, et al. Biomimetic actinide chelators: an update on the preclinical development of the orally active hydroxypyridonate decorporation agents 3,4,3-LI(1,2-HOPO) and 5-LIO(Me-3,2-HOPO). Health Phys. 2010;99:401-7 pubmed publisher..Both compounds are on an accelerated development pathway towards clinical use...
- Rothman J. The challenge of disability and access: reconceptualizing the role of the medical model. J Soc Work Disabil Rehabil. 2010;9:194-222 pubmed publisher..The bio-psycho-socio-cultural-spiritual model is suggested as the optimal model to both resolve the disability frameworks' duality and to optimally integrate social work and disability service provision. ..
- Marconett C, Singhal A, Sundar S, Firestone G. Indole-3-carbinol disrupts estrogen receptor-alpha dependent expression of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and insulin receptor substrate-1 and proliferation of human breast cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:74-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, I3C inhibits proliferation of estrogen-sensitive breast cancer cells through disruption of ER?-mediated transcription of cell signaling components within the IGF1 cascade. ..
- Roberts A, Pachter L. Streaming fragment assignment for real-time analysis of sequencing experiments. Nat Methods. 2013;10:71-3 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate its use on RNA-seq data and show that eXpress achieves greater efficiency than other quantification methods. ..
- Rohlfs R, Murphy E, Song Y, Slatkin M. The influence of relatives on the efficiency and error rate of familial searching. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70495 pubmed publisher..This risk falls disproportionately on those ethnic groups that are currently overrepresented in state and federal databases. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang P, Wang Y, Zhan P, Liu C, Mao J, et al. Distinct Interactions of EBP1 Isoforms with FBXW7 Elicits Different Functions in Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:1983-1996 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(8); 1983-96. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Waggoner J, Gresh L, Mohamed Hadley A, Balmaseda A, Soda K, Abeynayake J, et al. Characterization of Dengue Virus Infections Among Febrile Children Clinically Diagnosed With a Non-Dengue Illness, Managua, Nicaragua. J Infect Dis. 2017;215:1816-1823 pubmed publisher..001). Antibody responses to DENV-positive C cases differ from responses to classic symptomatic dengue. These findings have important implications for DENV transmission modeling, immunology, and epidemiologic surveillance. ..
- Afik S, Yates K, Bi K, Darko S, Godec J, Gerdemann U, et al. Targeted reconstruction of T cell receptor sequence from single cell RNA-seq links CDR3 length to T cell differentiation state. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e148 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TCR usage is associated with the differentiation state of the CD8+ T cell response to YFV...
- Pugh B, Tjian R. Mechanism of transcriptional activation by Sp1: evidence for coactivators. Cell. 1990;61:1187-97 pubmed..At promoters lacking a TATA box, an additional activity distinct from coactivators is required for Sp1 activation of transcription. ..
- Simons H, Grisham J. Binocular anomalies and reading problems. J Am Optom Assoc. 1987;58:578-87 pubmed..There is some weak positive evidence for esophoria at near and mixed evidence for stereopsis. The evidence on lateral phorias at distance is negative...
- Mohle Boetani J, Werner S, Waterman S, Vugia D. The impact of health communication and enhanced laboratory-based surveillance on detection of cyclosporiasis outbreaks in California. Emerg Infect Dis. 2000;6:200-3 pubmed..We found that Internet information, media reports, and enhanced laboratory surveillance improved detection of these outbreaks...
- Ziegelbauer J, Wei J, Tjian R. Myc-interacting protein 1 target gene profile: a link to microtubules, extracellular signal-regulated kinase, and cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:458-63 pubmed..Taken together, our studies suggest that MIZ-1 regulates a specific set of genes that includes LDLR and that the ERK pathway plays a role in the activation of target promoters by MIZ-1. ..
- Harper L, Golubovskaya I, Cande W. A bouquet of chromosomes. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4025-32 pubmed..However, the progression through recombination and synapsis may be required for exit from the bouquet stage. Little is known about the mechanism of telomere clustering but recent studies show that it is an active process. ..
- Coppe J, Kauser K, Campisi J, Beausejour C. Secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor by primary human fibroblasts at senescence. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29568-74 pubmed..Our findings may in part explain why senescent cells stimulate tumorigenesis in vivo and support the idea that senescent cells may facilitate age-associated cancer development by secreting factors that promote malignant progression. ..
- Catalano R, Snowden L, Shumway M, Kessell E. Unemployment and civil commitment: a test of the intolerance hypothesis. Aggress Behav. 2007;33:272-80 pubmed..The test applies Box-Jenkins methods to 156 months (August 1985-July 1998) of data from California. Consistent with theory, results support the hypothesis. ..
- Chen C, Arjomandi M, Balmes J, Tager I, Holland N. Effects of chronic and acute ozone exposure on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant capacity in healthy young adults. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:1732-7 pubmed..Long-term exposure to O3 is associated with elevated 8-iso-PGF, which suggests that 8-iso-PGF is a good biomarker of oxidative damage related to air pollution. ..
- Mortimer K, Neugebauer R, Lurmann F, Alcorn S, Balmes J, Tager I. Air pollution and pulmonary function in asthmatic children: effects of prenatal and lifetime exposures. Epidemiology. 2008;19:550-7; discussion 561-2 pubmed publisher..Prenatal and early-life exposures to CO, PM10, and NO2 have a negative effect on pulmonary function in subgroups of asthmatic children. ..
- Sudo H, Garbe J, Stampfer M, Barcellos Hoff M, Kronenberg A. Karyotypic instability and centrosome aberrations in the progeny of finite life-span human mammary epithelial cells exposed to sparsely or densely ionizing radiation. Radiat Res. 2008;170:23-32 pubmed publisher..Thus genomic instability occurs frequently in finite life-span HMEC exposed to sparsely or densely ionizing radiation and may contribute to radiation-induced breast cancer. ..
- Gartner Z, Bertozzi C. Programmed assembly of 3-dimensional microtissues with defined cellular connectivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:4606-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, cell assembly can be highly controlled, enabling the design of microtissues with defined cell composition and stoichiometry. We used this strategy to construct a paracrine signaling network in isolated 3-dimensional microtissues. ..
- Ammon Avalos L, Kaskutas L, Block G, Li D. Do multivitamin supplements modify the relationship between prenatal alcohol intake and miscarriage?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;201:563.e1-9 pubmed publisher..However, our findings should be interpreted with caution and future research replicating these findings is necessary. ..
- Jinek M, Fabian M, Coyle S, Sonenberg N, Doudna J. Structural insights into the human GW182-PABC interaction in microRNA-mediated deadenylation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:238-40 pubmed publisher..Mutations at the complex interface impair mRNA deadenylation in mammalian cell extracts, suggesting that the GW182-PABC interaction contributes to microRNA-mediated gene silencing. ..
- Wood A, Severson A, Meyer B. Condensin and cohesin complexity: the expanding repertoire of functions. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:391-404 pubmed publisher..Emerging data are expanding the range of processes in which condensin and cohesin are known to participate and are enhancing our knowledge of how chromosome architecture is regulated to influence numerous cellular functions. ..
- Baggott M, Erowid E, Erowid F, Galloway G, Mendelson J. Use patterns and self-reported effects of Salvia divinorum: an internet-based survey. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010;111:250-6 pubmed publisher..There is growing use of Salvia divinorum (SD), a psychoactive plant that produces hallucinogen-like effects through a kappa opioid receptor (KOR) mechanism. Little is known about KOR agonist effects in humans and about users of SD...
- Anania V, Coscoy L. Palmitoylation of MIR2 is required for its function. J Virol. 2011;85:2288-95 pubmed publisher..Palmitoylation may act to regulate MIR2 function and localization during viral infection by allowing MIR2 to properly interact with and downregulate multiple substrates known to play an important role in the host immune response...
- Grimaldo S, Garcia M, Zhang H, Chen L. Specific role of lymphatic marker podoplanin in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Lymphology. 2010;43:128-34 pubmed..Further investigation on this factor may reveal novel mechanisms and therapeutic strategies for RPE-related eye diseases, such as proliferative retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Durand E, Patterson N, Reich D, Slatkin M. Testing for ancient admixture between closely related populations. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2239-52 pubmed publisher..We also investigate a model of subdivision in ancestral populations that can result in D statistics that indicate recent admixture. ..
- Shane B. Folate status assessment history: implications for measurement of biomarkers in NHANES. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;94:337S-342S pubmed publisher..Past experience with microbiological and competitive protein binding assays indicates some of the technical problems that research will need to address before this promise becomes reality. ..
- Egan E, Collins K. An enhanced H/ACA RNP assembly mechanism for human telomerase RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2428-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a unifying mechanism for human telomerase deficiencies associated with H/ACA protein variants. ..
- Pena J, Harris E. Early dengue virus protein synthesis induces extensive rearrangement of the endoplasmic reticulum independent of the UPR and SREBP-2 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38202 pubmed publisher..This work paves the way for further study of virally-induced membrane rearrangements and formation of cubic membranes. ..
- Jagust W, Landau S. Apolipoprotein E, not fibrillar ?-amyloid, reduces cerebral glucose metabolism in normal aging. J Neurosci. 2012;32:18227-33 pubmed publisher..These results show that ApoE genotype, and not aggregated fibrillar forms of A?, contributes to reduced glucose metabolism in aging and adds to a growing list of neural consequences of ApoE that do not appear to be related to A?. ..
- Reed B, Villeneuve S, Mack W, DeCarli C, Chui H, Jagust W. Associations between serum cholesterol levels and cerebral amyloidosis. JAMA Neurol. 2014;71:195-200 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that understanding the mechanisms through which serum lipids modulate A? could offer new approaches to slowing A? deposition and thus to reducing the incidence of AD. ..
- Morrison A, Brozovich F, Lee I, Jazaieri H, Goldin P, Heimberg R, et al. Anxiety trajectories in response to a speech task in social anxiety disorder: Evidence from a randomized controlled trial of CBT. J Anxiety Disord. 2016;38:21-30 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that anticipatory experiences should be further incorporated into exposures. ..
- Gonzales F, Jones R, Deardorff J, Windham G, Hiatt R, Kushi L. Neighborhood deprivation, race/ethnicity, and urinary metal concentrations among young girls in California. Environ Int. 2016;91:29-39 pubmed publisher..These differential distributions of exposures may contribute to environmental health disparities later in life. ..
- Fletcher E, Villeneuve S, Maillard P, Harvey D, Reed B, Jagust W, et al. Î²-amyloid, hippocampal atrophy and their relation to longitudinal brain change in cognitively normal individuals. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;40:173-180 pubmed publisher..The results are broadly consistent with previous studies of the effects of amyloid and baseline hippocampal atrophy in normals, while pointing to accelerated atrophy of AD-vulnerable regions detectable at the preclinical stage. ..
- Casey J, Morello Frosch R, Mennitt D, Fristrup K, Ogburn E, James P. Race/Ethnicity, Socioeconomic Status, Residential Segregation, and Spatial Variation in Noise Exposure in the Contiguous United States. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:077017 pubmed publisher..Additional research is needed to determine if differences in noise exposure may contribute to health disparities in the United States. https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP898 ..
- Dosanjh M, Collins D, Fan W, Lennon G, Albala J, Shen Z, et al. Isolation and characterization of RAD51C, a new human member of the RAD51 family of related genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:1179-84 pubmed..These findings suggest that Rad51C may function similarly to the yeast Rad55 or Rad57 proteins, rather than as a Rad51 functional homolog. ..
- Campbell J, Mohle Boetani J, Reporter R, Abbott S, Farrar J, Brandl M, et al. An outbreak of Salmonella serotype Thompson associated with fresh cilantro. J Infect Dis. 2001;183:984-7 pubmed..Accurate records of the distribution of produce should be available, and bacterial contamination of produce should be prevented in retail and wholesale establishments, in packing sheds, and on farms. ..
- Schauffler H, McMenamin S, Olson K, Boyce Smith G, Rideout J, Kamil J. Variations in treatment benefits influence smoking cessation: results of a randomised controlled trial. Tob Control. 2001;10:175-80 pubmed
- Leong H, Firestone G, Bjeldanes L. Cytostatic effects of 3,3'-diindolylmethane in human endometrial cancer cells result from an estrogen receptor-mediated increase in transforming growth factor-alpha expression. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:1809-17 pubmed
- Johannesson H, Vidal P, Guarro J, Herr R, Cole G, Taylor J. Positive directional selection in the proline-rich antigen (PRA) gene among the human pathogenic fungi Coccidioides immitis, C. posadasii and their closest relatives. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:1134-45 pubmed..Instead, we suggest that positive selection act on PRA as a consequence of spore cell-wall morphogenesis unique to each species...
- Yik J, Chen R, Pezda A, Zhou Q. Compensatory contributions of HEXIM1 and HEXIM2 in maintaining the balance of active and inactive positive transcription elongation factor b complexes for control of transcription. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16368-76 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that there is a tightly regulated cellular process to maintain the balance between active and inactive P-TEFb complexes, which controls global transcription as well as cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Westheimer G. First description of aniseikonia. Br J Ophthalmol. 2007;91:6 pubmed
- Dose A, Ananthanarayanan S, Moore J, Corsa A, Burnside B, Yengo C. The kinase domain alters the kinetic properties of the myosin IIIA motor. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2485-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which the activity and concentration of myosin IIIA localized to the tips of actin bundles mediates the morphology of the tips in sensory cells. ..
- Harley K, Macher J, Lipsett M, Duramad P, Holland N, Prager S, et al. Fungi and pollen exposure in the first months of life and risk of early childhood wheezing. Thorax. 2009;64:353-8 pubmed publisher..This association is independent of other seasonal factors including ambient levels of particulate matter of aerodynamic diameter <or=2.5 microm and lower respiratory infections. ..
- McMurray C. Mechanisms of trinucleotide repeat instability during human development. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:786-99 pubmed publisher..We need now to connect the dots among human genetics, pathway biochemistry and the appropriate model systems to understand the mechanism of expansion as it occurs in human disease. ..
- Jesdale B, Mitchell J. Reported excellent health among men in same-sex and mixed-sex couples: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1993-2010. J Homosex. 2012;59:788-807 pubmed publisher..Reporting only adverse health disparities provides a partial picture of sexual minority health, and discounts the role of resilience and other health promoting factors in these populations. ..
- Jiang X, Chen Y, Gong H, Trang P, Lu S, Liu F. Ribonuclease P-mediated inhibition of human cytomegalovirus gene expression and replication induced by engineered external guide sequences. RNA Biol. 2012;9:1186-95 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results demonstrate the utility of highly active EGS RNA variants in gene targeting applications including anti-HCMV therapy. ..
- Chan J, Dodani S, Chang C. Reaction-based small-molecule fluorescent probes for chemoselective bioimaging. Nat Chem. 2012;4:973-84 pubmed publisher..We highlight design criteria for effective chemical tools for use in biological applications as well as gaps for future exploration. ..
- Carmena J. Advances in neuroprosthetic learning and control. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001561 pubmed publisher..Here I briefly discuss recent advances from our laboratory into the neural basis of BMIs that should lead to better prosthetic control and clinically viable solutions, as well as new insights into the neurobiology of action. ..
- Sauter N, Hattne J, Grosse Kunstleve R, Echols N. New Python-based methods for data processing. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:1274-82 pubmed publisher..In these challenging cases, accurate modeling of close-lying Bragg spots could benefit from the high-performance computing capabilities of graphics-processing units. ..
- Marcus A, Gowen B, Thompson T, Iannello A, Ardolino M, Deng W, et al. Recognition of tumors by the innate immune system and natural killer cells. Adv Immunol. 2014;122:91-128 pubmed publisher..We end with a discussion on some of the implications of the various findings with respect to possible therapeutic approaches. ..
- Salamon H, Bruiners N, Lakehal K, Shi L, Ravi J, Yamaguchi K, et al. Cutting edge: Vitamin D regulates lipid metabolism in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. J Immunol. 2014;193:30-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the potential for host-based, adjunct antituberculosis therapy targeting lipid metabolism. ..
- Chiong W, Wood K, Beagle A, Hsu M, Kayser A, Miller B, et al. Neuroeconomic dissociation of semantic dementia and behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia. Brain. 2016;139:578-87 pubmed publisher..More broadly, these findings suggest a role for computational methods to supplement traditional qualitative characterizations in the differential diagnosis of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Walian P, Hang B, Mao J. Prognostic significance of FAM83D gene expression across human cancer types. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3332-40 pubmed publisher..These results identify FAM83D as a potential novel oncogene across multiple human cancer types. ..
- Su F, Bhattacharya S, Abdisalaam S, Mukherjee S, Yajima H, Yang Y, et al. Replication stress induced site-specific phosphorylation targets WRN to the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:46-65 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a unique role for WRN as a modulator of DNA repair, replication, and recombination, and link ATR-WRN signaling to the maintenance of genome stability. ..
- Gong E, Tan C, Shoukry M, Rubin E, Nichols A. Structural and functional properties of human and mouse apolipoprotein A-I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1213:335-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate differences between apo A-Im and apo A-Ih that may contribute to the major changes in plasma HDL distribution and function observed in apo A-Ih transgenic mice. ..