Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hela cells in Berkeley, California, United States
Locale: Berkeley, California, United States
Topic: hela cells
- Sarker A, Tsutakawa S, Kostek S, Ng C, Shin D, Peris M, et al. Recognition of RNA polymerase II and transcription bubbles by XPG, CSB, and TFIIH: insights for transcription-coupled repair and Cockayne Syndrome. Mol Cell. 2005;20:187-98 pubmed..Together, these results implicate coordinated recognition of stalled transcription by XPG and CSB in TCR initiation and suggest that TFIIH-dependent remodeling of stalled RNAPII without release may be sufficient to allow repair...
- Kostek S, Grob P, De Carlo S, Lipscomb J, Garczarek F, Nogales E. Molecular architecture and conformational flexibility of human RNA polymerase II. Structure. 2006;14:1691-700 pubmed..This hRNAPII study will serve as a structural platform to build up higher-order transcription and TCR complexes and to gain information that may be unique to the human RNAPII system. ..
- Grenfell A, Strzelecka M, Crowder M, Helmke K, Schlaitz A, Heald R. A versatile multivariate image analysis pipeline reveals features of Xenopus extract spindles. J Cell Biol. 2016;213:127-36 pubmed publisher..The approaches outlined can be applied by other researchers studying spindle morphology and adapted with minimal modification to other experimental systems. ..
- Lemieux G, Bertozzi C. Modulating cell surface immunoreactivity by metabolic induction of unnatural carbohydrate antigens. Chem Biol. 2001;8:265-75 pubmed..Incorporation of unnatural sialosides into cell surface glycoconjugates through biosynthetic means can alter the immunoreactivity of cells, providing new possibilities for tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Asahara H, Li Y, Fuss J, Haines D, Vlatkovic N, Boyd M, et al. Stimulation of human DNA polymerase epsilon by MDM2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:2451-9 pubmed
- Yang Z, He N, Zhou Q. Brd4 recruits P-TEFb to chromosomes at late mitosis to promote G1 gene expression and cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:967-76 pubmed..Because P-TEFb is synonymous with productive elongation, its recruitment by Brd4 to chromosomes at late mitosis may indicate those genes whose active transcription status must be preserved across cell division. ..
- Zolezzi F, Linn S. Studies of the murine DDB1 and DDB2 genes. Gene. 2000;245:151-9 pubmed
- Chen R, Yang Z, Zhou Q. Phosphorylated positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK snRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4153-60 pubmed..Thus, the phosphorylated P-TEFb is tagged for inhibition through association with 7SK. We discuss the implications of this mechanism in controlling P-TEFb activity during normal and stress-induced transcription. ..
- Yang Z, Yik J, Chen R, He N, Jang M, Ozato K, et al. Recruitment of P-TEFb for stimulation of transcriptional elongation by the bromodomain protein Brd4. Mol Cell. 2005;19:535-45 pubmed..Brd4, HEXIM1, and 7SK are all implicated in regulating cell growth, which may result from their dynamic control of the general transcription factor P-TEFb. ..
- Broaders K, Grandhe S, Frechet J. A biocompatible oxidation-triggered carrier polymer with potential in therapeutics. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:756-8 pubmed publisher..Because it is easy to prepare, sensitive to biological oxidation, and biocompatible, this material may represent an attractive new platform for selective delivery applications. ..
- Keeney S, Chang G, Linn S. Characterization of a human DNA damage binding protein implicated in xeroderma pigmentosum E. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:21293-300 pubmed..In contrast to previous reports, the DNA damage binding protein was shown to recognize cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers in addition to a nonphotoreactivable lesion(s), most likely the pyrimidine-pyrimidone (6-4) photoproduct. ..
- Lowe A, Siegel J, Kalab P, Siu M, Weis K, LIPHARDT J. Selectivity mechanism of the nuclear pore complex characterized by single cargo tracking. Nature. 2010;467:600-3 pubmed publisher..The overall selectivity of the NPC seems to arise from the cumulative action of multiple reversible substeps and a final irreversible exit step. ..
- Chou S, Upton H, Bao K, Schulze Gahmen U, Samelson A, He N, et al. HIV-1 Tat recruits transcription elongation factors dispersed along a flexible AFF4 scaffold. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E123-31 pubmed publisher..The unique scaffolding properties of AFF4 allow dynamic and flexible assembly of multiple elongation factors and connect the components not only to each other but also to a larger network of transcriptional regulators. ..
- Klemm R, Goodrich J, Zhou S, Tjian R. Molecular cloning and expression of the 32-kDa subunit of human TFIID reveals interactions with VP16 and TFIIB that mediate transcriptional activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5788-92 pubmed..These findings indicate that specific activator-coactivator interactions have been conserved between human and Drosophila and provide additional support for the function of these interactions in mediating transcriptional activation. ..
- Song L, Craney A, Rape M. Microtubule-dependent regulation of mitotic protein degradation. Mol Cell. 2014;53:179-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that the localized stabilization of APC/C substrates provides a mechanism for the selective disposal of cell-cycle regulators that have fulfilled their mitotic roles. ..
- Issafras H, Corbin J, Goldfine I, Roell M. Detailed mechanistic analysis of gevokizumab, an allosteric anti-IL-1β antibody with differential receptor-modulating properties. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2014;348:202-15 pubmed publisher..These data indicate, therefore, that gevokizumab is a unique inhibitor of IL-1β signaling that may offer an alternative to current therapies for IL-1β-associated autoinflammatory diseases. ..
- Dimri G, Lee X, Basile G, Acosta M, Scott G, Roskelley C, et al. A biomarker that identifies senescent human cells in culture and in aging skin in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:9363-7 pubmed..This marker provides in situ evidence that senescent cells may exist and accumulate with age in vivo. ..
- Lau A, Hung P, Wu A, Lee L. Open-access microfluidic patch-clamp array with raised lateral cell trapping sites. Lab Chip. 2006;6:1510-5 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the system is capable of performing whole cell measurements and drug profiling in a more efficient manner than the traditional patch-clamp set-up. ..
- Engqvist Goldstein A, Zhang C, Carreno S, Barroso C, Heuser J, Drubin D. RNAi-mediated Hip1R silencing results in stable association between the endocytic machinery and the actin assembly machinery. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1666-79 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that Hip1R helps to make the interaction between actin and the endocytic machinery functional and transient. ..
- Gill G, Tjian R. A highly conserved domain of TFIID displays species specificity in vivo. Cell. 1991;65:333-40 pubmed..Thus, the C-terminal conserved domain of TFIID, as well as the N-terminal divergent domain, appears to be involved in species-specific interactions. ..
- Di Carlo D, Ionescu Zanetti C, Zhang Y, Hung P, Lee L. On-chip cell lysis by local hydroxide generation. Lab Chip. 2005;5:171-8 pubmed..The flow rate dependence of hydroxide concentration at the lysis filter is modeled and lysis efficiency is experimentally determined to be proportional to the hydroxide concentration for flow rates from 15 to 30 microl min(-1). ..
- Hou V, Lersch R, Gee S, Ponthier J, Lo A, Wu M, et al. Decrease in hnRNP A/B expression during erythropoiesis mediates a pre-mRNA splicing switch. EMBO J. 2002;21:6195-204 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that natural developmental changes in hnRNP A/B proteins can effect physiologically important switches in pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Johnson T, Sohn J, Inman W, Estee S, Loveridge S, Vervoort H, et al. Natural product libraries to accelerate the high-throughput discovery of therapeutic leads. J Nat Prod. 2011;74:2545-55 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results highlight the advantages of applying modern methods in natural products-based research to accelerate the HT discovery of therapeutic leads and/or new molecular structures using LC-MS-UV-ELSD-based libraries. ..
- Skoble J, Portnoy D, Welch M. Three regions within ActA promote Arp2/3 complex-mediated actin nucleation and Listeria monocytogenes motility. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:527-38 pubmed..monocytogenes pathogenesis. ..
- Yokomori K, Admon A, Goodrich J, Chen J, Tjian R. Drosophila TFIIA-L is processed into two subunits that are associated with the TBP/TAF complex. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2235-45 pubmed..These results suggest that TFIIA may form a specific complex with both TAFs and other components of the transcriptional machinery during formation of the initiation complex. ..
- de Graffenried C, Bertozzi C. The stem region of the sulfotransferase GlcNAc6ST-1 is a determinant of substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40035-43 pubmed..Collectively, these results indicate that the stem region of GlcNAc6ST-1 influences substrate specificity, independent of its role in dimerization or Golgi retention. ..
- Berahovich R, Xu S, Zhou H, Harto H, Xu Q, Garcia A, et al. FLAG-tagged CD19-specific CAR-T cells eliminate CD19-bearing solid tumor cells in vitro and in vivo. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2017;22:1644-1654 pubmed..CD19-FLAG CAR-T cells also significantly reduced Raji tumor burden and extended mouse survival. These results demonstrate the strong efficacy of FLAG-tagged CD19 CAR-T cells in solid and hematological cancer models. ..
- He N, Pezda A, Zhou Q. Modulation of a P-TEFb functional equilibrium for the global control of cell growth and differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7068-76 pubmed..Concurrently, the P-TEFb equilibrium was shifted overwhelmingly toward the 7SK snRNP side. Together, these data link the P-TEFb equilibrium to the intracellular transcriptional demand and proliferative/differentiated states of cells. ..
- Song E, Werner S, Neubauer J, Stegmeier F, Aspden J, Rio D, et al. The Prp19 complex and the Usp4Sart3 deubiquitinating enzyme control reversible ubiquitination at the spliceosome. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1434-47 pubmed publisher..We propose that the reversible ubiquitination of spliceosomal proteins, such as Prp3, guides rearrangements in the composition of the spliceosome at distinct steps of the splicing reaction. ..
- Näär A, Beaurang P, Zhou S, Abraham S, Solomon W, Tjian R. Composite co-activator ARC mediates chromatin-directed transcriptional activation. Nature. 1999;398:828-32 pubmed..Thus, ARC/DRIP is a large composite co-activator that belongs to a family of related cofactors and is targeted by different classes of activator to mediate transcriptional stimulation. ..
- Andersson R, Gebhard C, Miguel Escalada I, Hoof I, Bornholdt J, Boyd M, et al. An atlas of active enhancers across human cell types and tissues. Nature. 2014;507:455-461 pubmed publisher..The online FANTOM5 enhancer atlas represents a unique resource for studies on cell-type-specific enhancers and gene regulation. ..
- Bell S, Learned R, Jantzen H, Tjian R. Functional cooperativity between transcription factors UBF1 and SL1 mediates human ribosomal RNA synthesis. Science. 1988;241:1192-7 pubmed..Thus, protein-protein interactions between UBF1 and SL1 are required for targeting of SL1 to cis-control sequences of the promoter. ..
- Kanaseki T, Blanchard N, Hammer G, Gonzalez F, Shastri N. ERAAP synergizes with MHC class I molecules to make the final cut in the antigenic peptide precursors in the endoplasmic reticulum. Immunity. 2006;25:795-806 pubmed..However, MHC I molecules could bind proteolytic intermediates and were essential for generation of the final peptide by ERAAP. Thus, ERAAP synergizes with MHC I to generate the final pMHC I repertoire. ..
- Rydberg B, Game J. Excision of misincorporated ribonucleotides in DNA by RNase H (type 2) and FEN-1 in cell-free extracts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16654-9 pubmed
- Williamson A, Wickliffe K, Mellone B, Song L, Karpen G, Rape M. Identification of a physiological E2 module for the human anaphase-promoting complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18213-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that UbcH10 and Ube2S constitute a physiological E2-module for APC/C, the activity of which is required for spindle assembly and cell division. ..
- Williamson A, Jin L, Rape M. Preparation of synchronized human cell extracts to study ubiquitination and degradation. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;545:301-12 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe protocols to prepare extracts of synchronized human cells, and discuss experiments to use extracts for the biochemical analysis of APC/C-dependent ubiquitination. ..
- O RIORDAN M, Yi C, Gonzales R, Lee K, Portnoy D. Innate recognition of bacteria by a macrophage cytosolic surveillance pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13861-6 pubmed..Our studies suggest that infection by intracellular bacterial pathogens results in an immune response distinct from that of infection by extracellular bacterial pathogens. ..
- Song L, Rape M. Regulated degradation of spindle assembly factors by the anaphase-promoting complex. Mol Cell. 2010;38:369-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a tightly regulated mechanism by which the APC/C and the GTPase Ran control the abundance of active spindle assembly factors to achieve the accurate formation of the mitotic spindle. ..
- Zhou S, Zhou H, Walian P, Jap B. CD147 is a regulatory subunit of the gamma-secretase complex in Alzheimer's disease amyloid beta-peptide production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:7499-504 pubmed
- Oliner J, Andresen J, Hansen S, Zhou S, Tjian R. SREBP transcriptional activity is mediated through an interaction with the CREB-binding protein. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2903-11 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that CBP mediates SREBP transcriptional activity, thus revealing a new step in the biochemical pathway regulating cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Dose A, Ananthanarayanan S, Moore J, Corsa A, Burnside B, Yengo C. The kinase domain alters the kinetic properties of the myosin IIIA motor. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2485-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which the activity and concentration of myosin IIIA localized to the tips of actin bundles mediates the morphology of the tips in sensory cells. ..
- Schindler A, Schekman R. In vitro reconstitution of ER-stress induced ATF6 transport in COPII vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17775-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that unfolded proteins or an ER luminal -SH reactive bond controls BiP-ATF6 stability and access of ATF6 to the COPII budding machinery. ..
- Hasan M, Tosha T, Theil E. Ferritin contains less iron (59Fe) in cells when the protein pores are unfolded by mutation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31394-400 pubmed publisher..The coincidence of decreased 59Fe in open pore ferritin with increased chelatable 59Fe in cells expressing the ferritin open pore mutation suggests that ferritin pore gating influences to the amount of iron (59Fe) in ferritin in vivo. ..
- Hegedus C, Skibola C, Warner M, Skibola D, Alexander D, Lim S, et al. Decreased urinary beta-defensin-1 expression as a biomarker of response to arsenic. Toxicol Sci. 2008;106:74-82 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to investigate the role of HBD-1 in As-related toxicity. ..
- Näär A, Beaurang P, Robinson K, Oliner J, Avizonis D, Scheek S, et al. Chromatin, TAFs, and a novel multiprotein coactivator are required for synergistic activation by Sp1 and SREBP-1a in vitro. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3020-31 pubmed
- Egan E, Collins K. An enhanced H/ACA RNP assembly mechanism for human telomerase RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2428-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a unifying mechanism for human telomerase deficiencies associated with H/ACA protein variants. ..
- Kalab P, Pralle A, Isacoff E, Heald R, Weis K. Analysis of a RanGTP-regulated gradient in mitotic somatic cells. Nature. 2006;440:697-701 pubmed
- Siridechadilok B, Fraser C, Hall R, Doudna J, Nogales E. Structural roles for human translation factor eIF3 in initiation of protein synthesis. Science. 2005;310:1513-5 pubmed..Detailed modeling of eIF3 and eIF4F onto the 40S ribosomal subunit reveals that eIF3 uses eIF4F or the HCV IRES in structurally similar ways to position the mRNA strand near the exit site of 40S, promoting initiation complex assembly. ..
- Liu W, Nichols A, Graham J, Dualan R, Abbas A, Linn S. Nuclear transport of human DDB protein induced by ultraviolet light. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:21429-34 pubmed..We propose that p48 might act as the transporter for nuclear entry of p127 but that a third factor might be necessary for efficient transportation. ..
- Mermod N, Williams T, Tjian R. Enhancer binding factors AP-4 and AP-1 act in concert to activate SV40 late transcription in vitro. Nature. 1988;332:557-61 pubmed..Thus by manipulating the levels of different trans-acting factors in vitro, we can recreate the pattern of SV40 late initiation observed during the viral lytic cycle in vivo. ..
- Reines D, Chamberlin M, Kane C. Transcription elongation factor SII (TFIIS) enables RNA polymerase II to elongate through a block to transcription in a human gene in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:10799-809 pubmed..A homogeneous preparation of calf thymus SII can also provide this activity in trans. This factor may facilitate passage of the RNA polymerase II transcription complex through such intragenic sites in cellular genes in vivo. ..
- Ruppert S, Tjian R. Human TAFII250 interacts with RAP74: implications for RNA polymerase II initiation. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2747-55 pubmed
- Thut C, Chen J, Klemm R, Tjian R. p53 transcriptional activation mediated by coactivators TAFII40 and TAFII60. Science. 1995;267:100-4 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that TAFII40 and TAFII60 are important targets for transmitting activation signals between p53 and the initiation complex. ..
- Taatjes D, Naar A, Andel F, Nogales E, Tjian R. Structure, function, and activator-induced conformations of the CRSP coactivator. Science. 2002;295:1058-62 pubmed..These results suggest that CRSP may potentiate transcription via specific activator-induced conformational changes. ..
- Jin L, Williamson A, Banerjee S, Philipp I, Rape M. Mechanism of ubiquitin-chain formation by the human anaphase-promoting complex. Cell. 2008;133:653-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that recognition of similar motifs in substrates and ubiquitin enables the APC/C to assemble ubiquitin chains with the specificity and efficiency required for tight cell-cycle control. ..
- Anania V, Coscoy L. Palmitoylation of MIR2 is required for its function. J Virol. 2011;85:2288-95 pubmed publisher..Palmitoylation may act to regulate MIR2 function and localization during viral infection by allowing MIR2 to properly interact with and downregulate multiple substrates known to play an important role in the host immune response...
- Soderholm J, Bird S, Kalab P, Sampathkumar Y, Hasegawa K, Uehara Bingen M, et al. Importazole, a small molecule inhibitor of the transport receptor importin-?. ACS Chem Biol. 2011;6:700-8 pubmed publisher..Importazole is a valuable tool to evaluate the function of the importin-?/RanGTP pathway at specific stages during the cell cycle. ..
- Siebel C, Kanaar R, Rio D. Regulation of tissue-specific P-element pre-mRNA splicing requires the RNA-binding protein PSI. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1713-25 pubmed..The results indicate that PSI is an alternative splicing factor that regulates tissue-specific splicing, probably through interactions with generally expressed factors such as hrp48. ..
- He N, Chan C, Sobhian B, Chou S, Xue Y, Liu M, et al. Human Polymerase-Associated Factor complex (PAFc) connects the Super Elongation Complex (SEC) to RNA polymerase II on chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E636-45 pubmed publisher..This finding explains the YEATS domain's dispensability for leukemogenesis when ENL/AF9 is translocated to MLL, whose interactions with PAFc and DNA likely substitute for the PAFc/chromatin-targeting function of the YEATS domain. ..
- Dualan R, Brody T, Keeney S, Nichols A, Admon A, Linn S. Chromosomal localization and cDNA cloning of the genes (DDB1 and DDB2) for the p127 and p48 subunits of a human damage-specific DNA binding protein. Genomics. 1995;29:62-9 pubmed..Using a fluorescence in situ hybridization technique, the DDB p127 locus (DDB1) was assigned to the chromosomal location 11q12-q13, and the DDB p48 locus (DDB2) to 11p11-p12. ..
- Krauss S, Spence J, Bahmanyar S, Barth A, Go M, Czerwinski D, et al. Downregulation of protein 4.1R, a mature centriole protein, disrupts centrosomes, alters cell cycle progression, and perturbs mitotic spindles and anaphase. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2283-94 pubmed publisher..1R makes crucial contributions to the structural integrity of centrosomes and mitotic spindles which normally enable mitosis and anaphase to proceed with the coordinated precision required to avoid pathological events. ..
- Jang D, Guo M, Wang D. Proteomic and biochemical studies of calcium- and phosphorylation-dependent calmodulin complexes in Mammalian cells. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:3718-28 pubmed
- Hu Y, Luscher B, Admon A, Mermod N, Tjian R. Transcription factor AP-4 contains multiple dimerization domains that regulate dimer specificity. Genes Dev. 1990;4:1741-52 pubmed
- Lee M, Choi S, Hallden G, Yo S, Schichnes D, Aponte G. P2Y5 is a G(alpha)i, G(alpha)12/13 G protein-coupled receptor activated by lysophosphatidic acid that reduces intestinal cell adhesion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G641-54 pubmed publisher..This study elucidates a mechanism whereby LPA can act as a luminal and/or serosal cue to alter mucosal integrity. ..
- Saxon E, Bertozzi C. Cell surface engineering by a modified Staudinger reaction. Science. 2000;287:2007-10 pubmed..The tremendous selectivity of the transformation should permit its execution within a cell's interior, offering new possibilities for probing intracellular interactions...
- Hybiske K, Stephens R. Mechanisms of host cell exit by the intracellular bacterium Chlamydia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11430-5 pubmed..The participation of Rho was unique in that it functioned late in extrusion. The dual nature of release characterized for Chlamydia has not been observed as a strategy for intracellular bacteria...
- Pugh B, Tjian R. Transcription from a TATA-less promoter requires a multisubunit TFIID complex. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1935-45 pubmed..Immunopurification of TFIID reveals that the active species in reconstituting TATA-less transcription is a multisubunit complex consisting of TBP and many TBP-associated factors (TAFs). ..
- Blower M, Nachury M, Heald R, Weis K. A Rae1-containing ribonucleoprotein complex is required for mitotic spindle assembly. Cell. 2005;121:223-34 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that RNA associates with the mitotic spindle and that it plays a direct, translation-independent role in spindle assembly. Our studies reveal an unexpected function for RNA in spindle morphogenesis. ..
- Fong Y, Inouye C, Yamaguchi T, Cattoglio C, Grubisic I, Tjian R. A DNA repair complex functions as an Oct4/Sox2 coactivator in embryonic stem cells. Cell. 2011;147:120-31 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a transcriptional coactivator with diversified functions in maintaining ES cell pluripotency and safeguarding genome integrity. ..
- Buchholz K, Stephens R. The cytosolic pattern recognition receptor NOD1 induces inflammatory interleukin-8 during Chlamydia trachomatis infection. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3150-5 pubmed publisher..Since ERK is not activated through this pathway, a concomitant interaction between the host and bacteria is additionally required for full activation of the endogenous IL-8 response. ..
- Le Clainche C, Pauly B, Zhang C, Engqvist Goldstein A, Cunningham K, Drubin D. A Hip1R-cortactin complex negatively regulates actin assembly associated with endocytosis. EMBO J. 2007;26:1199-210 pubmed..Finally, we showed that Hip1R inhibits actin assembly by forming a complex with cortactin that blocks actin filament barbed end elongation. ..
- Yik J, Chen R, Nishimura R, Jennings J, Link A, Zhou Q. Inhibition of P-TEFb (CDK9/Cyclin T) kinase and RNA polymerase II transcription by the coordinated actions of HEXIM1 and 7SK snRNA. Mol Cell. 2003;12:971-82 pubmed
- Schlaitz A, Thompson J, Wong C, Yates J, Heald R. REEP3/4 ensure endoplasmic reticulum clearance from metaphase chromatin and proper nuclear envelope architecture. Dev Cell. 2013;26:315-23 pubmed publisher..Our results show that REEP3/4 function redundantly to clear the ER from metaphase chromatin, thereby ensuring correct progression through mitosis and proper nuclear envelope architecture...
- Nishida C, Reinhard P, Linn S. DNA repair synthesis in human fibroblasts requires DNA polymerase delta. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:501-10 pubmed
- Schwab S, Shugart J, Horng T, Malarkannan S, Shastri N. Unanticipated antigens: translation initiation at CUG with leucine. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e366 pubmed..This initiation mechanism could also be used at non-AUG initiation codons often found in viral transcripts as well as in a growing list of cellular genes. ..
- Kingsley C, Winoto A. Cloning of GT box-binding proteins: a novel Sp1 multigene family regulating T-cell receptor gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:4251-61 pubmed..As the GT box has also previously been shown to play a role in gene regulation of other genes, these newly isolated Sp2 and Sp3 proteins might regulate expression not only of the TCR gene but of other genes as well. ..
- Ryu S, Tjian R. Purification of transcription cofactor complex CRSP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7137-42 pubmed..We also describe a streamlined purification protocol that allows a more rapid and efficient means to isolate active CRSP. ..
- Liu W, Coleman R, Ma E, Grob P, Yang J, Zhang Y, et al. Structures of three distinct activator-TFIID complexes. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1510-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that activator contact may induce unique structural features of TFIID, thus providing nanoscale information on activator-dependent TFIID assembly and transcription initiation. ..
- Wiese C, Dray E, Groesser T, San Filippo J, Shi I, Collins D, et al. Promotion of homologous recombination and genomic stability by RAD51AP1 via RAD51 recombinase enhancement. Mol Cell. 2007;28:482-90 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence that RAD51AP1 helps maintain genomic integrity via RAD51 recombinase enhancement. ..
- Ponthier J, Schluepen C, Chen W, Lersch R, Gee S, Hou V, et al. Fox-2 splicing factor binds to a conserved intron motif to promote inclusion of protein 4.1R alternative exon 16. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12468-74 pubmed
- Yik J, Chen R, Pezda A, Zhou Q. Compensatory contributions of HEXIM1 and HEXIM2 in maintaining the balance of active and inactive positive transcription elongation factor b complexes for control of transcription. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16368-76 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that there is a tightly regulated cellular process to maintain the balance between active and inactive P-TEFb complexes, which controls global transcription as well as cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Raote I, Ortega Bellido M, Pirozzi M, Zhang C, Melville D, Parashuraman S, et al. TANGO1 assembles into rings around COPII coats at ER exit sites. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:901-909 pubmed publisher..TANGO1 remains at the neck of the newly forming transport carrier, which grows in size by addition of ERGIC-53-containing membranes to generate a transport intermediate for the export of bulky collagens. ..