Experts and Doctors on geologic sediments in Davis, California, United States
Locale: Davis, California, United States
Topic: geologic sediments
- Grismer M, Kollar J, Syder J. Assessment of hydraulic restoration of San Pablo Marsh, California. Environ Monit Assess. 2004;98:69-92 pubmed..These results are considered in terms of the primary inter-tidal marsh factors affecting possible restoration/creation strategies...
- Fleming E, Mack E, Green P, Nelson D. Mercury methylation from unexpected sources: molybdate-inhibited freshwater sediments and an iron-reducing bacterium. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:457-64 pubmed..We suggest that mercury methylation by iron-reducing bacteria represents a previously unidentified and potentially significant source of this environmental toxin in iron-rich freshwater sediments. ..
- Lawler S, Dritz D, Johnson C, Wolder M. Does synergized pyrethrin applied over wetlands for mosquito control affect Daphnia magna zooplankton or Callibaetis californicus mayflies?. Pest Manag Sci. 2008;64:843-7 pubmed publisher..9 ng g(-1)). Deposition of aerosolized 25% pyrethrin + 5% PBO may contaminate wetlands, but its application at rates used for mosquito control did not produce detectable effects on indicator species. ..
- Benjamin L, Atwill E, JAY RUSSELL M, Cooley M, Carychao D, Gorski L, et al. Occurrence of generic Escherichia coli, E. coli O157 and Salmonella spp. in water and sediment from leafy green produce farms and streams on the Central California coast. Int J Food Microbiol. 2013;165:65-76 pubmed publisher..5-year period and geographical location, generic E. coli would likely be an unreliable indicator bacteria for predicting the presence of these food- and waterborne pathogens in a key produce production environment...
- Pereira M, Byrne B, Nguyen T, Lewis D, Atwill E. The occurrence of subtilase-cytotoxin-encoding genes in environmental Escherichia coli isolated from a Northern California estuary. Can J Microbiol. 2013;59:437-41 pubmed publisher..To further understand potential health risks posed by strains encoding SubAB, future epidemiological studies should consider screening isolates for subAB regardless of the presence of Shiga-toxin-encoding genes. ..
- Metz M, Varner J, Frangioso K, Meentemeyer R, Rizzo D. Unexpected redwood mortality from synergies between wildfire and an emerging infectious disease. Ecology. 2013;94:2152-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the potential for interacting disturbances to initiate novel successional trajectories and compromise ecosystem resilience. ..