Experts and Doctors on gamma rays in Davis, California, United States
Locale: Davis, California, United States
Topic: gamma rays
- Jiang C, Yen C, Cronin K, Mitchell D, Britt A. UV- and gamma-radiation sensitive mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 1997;147:1401-9 pubmed
- Meeusen S, Tieu Q, Wong E, Weiss E, Schieltz D, Yates J, et al. Mgm101p is a novel component of the mitochondrial nucleoid that binds DNA and is required for the repair of oxidatively damaged mitochondrial DNA. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:291-304 pubmed..Thus, we propose that Mgm101p performs an essential function in the repair of oxidatively damaged mtDNA that is required for the maintenance of the mitochondrial genome. ..
- Hefner E, Huefner N, Britt A. Tissue-specific regulation of cell-cycle responses to DNA damage in Arabidopsis seedlings. DNA Repair (Amst). 2006;5:102-10 pubmed..We find that the ionizing radiation (IR)-induced cell-cycle responses observed in the root and shoot tip meristems do not apply to more differentiated tissues. ..
- Yoshiyama K, Conklin P, Huefner N, Britt A. Suppressor of gamma response 1 (SOG1) encodes a putative transcription factor governing multiple responses to DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12843-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that, in plants, signals related to genomic stress are processed through a single, central transcription factor, SOG1. ..
- Cho S, Rossi A, Jung Y, Yan W, Liu G, Zhang J, et al. Ninjurin1, a target of p53, regulates p53 expression and p53-dependent cell survival, senescence, and radiation-induced mortality. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9362-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we postulate that as a membrane adhesion molecule, Ninj1 is an ideal target to regulate p53 activity via the p53-Ninj1 loop. ..
- Rasooly R, Zhang P, Tibolla A, Hawley R. A structure-function analysis of NOD, a kinesin-like protein from Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;242:145-51 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the biochemical basis of the mode of action of each mutagen. ..
- Hefner E, Preuss S, Britt A. Arabidopsis mutants sensitive to gamma radiation include the homologue of the human repair gene ERCC1. J Exp Bot. 2003;54:669-80 pubmed..The gamma-plantlet screen used here also reveals two general mutant classes based on size of cotyledons and hypocotyls. One of the mutants discovered is a homologue of the mammalian nucleotide excision repair gene ERCC1. ..
- Preuss S, Britt A. A DNA-damage-induced cell cycle checkpoint in Arabidopsis. Genetics. 2003;164:323-34 pubmed