Experts and Doctors on fungal spores in Davis, California, United States
Locale: Davis, California, United States
Topic: fungal spores
- Yang Z, Bisson L. The SKS1 protein kinase is a multicopy suppressor of the snf3 mutation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1996;12:1407-19 pubmed..The snf3 genomic suppressors, rgt1, RGT2 and ssn6, are also capable of suppressing snf3 associated growth defects in a strain lacking sks1. ..
- Morishita M, Engebrecht J. End3p-mediated endocytosis is required for spore wall formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;170:1561-74 pubmed..Thus, END3-mediated endocytosis is important for spore wall formation. Additionally, cytological analyses suggest that trafficking between the plasma membrane and PSMs is important earlier during sporulation. ..
- Wu H, Burgess S. Ndj1, a telomere-associated protein, promotes meiotic recombination in budding yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3683-94 pubmed..These findings provide a link between telomere dynamics and a distinct mechanistic step of meiotic recombination that follows the homology search. ..
- Morishita M, Engebrecht J. Sorting signals within the Saccharomyces cerevisiae sporulation-specific dityrosine transporter, Dtr1p, C terminus promote Golgi-to-prospore membrane transport. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1674-84 pubmed publisher..Transfer-of-function experiments revealed that both the carboxyl transmembrane domain and the C-terminal tail are important for Golgi complex-to-prospore membrane transport. ..
- Morishita M, Mendonsa R, Wright J, Engebrecht J. Snc1p v-SNARE transport to the prospore membrane during yeast sporulation is dependent on endosomal retrieval pathways. Traffic. 2007;8:1231-45 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that retrograde trafficking from the endosome is essential for sporulation by retrieving molecules important for PSM and spore wall formation. ..