Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fungal dna in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
Topic: fungal dna
- Yen Y, Wong B, Johnson R. Determinants of DNA binding and bending by the Saccharomyces cerevisiae high mobility group protein NHP6A that are important for its biological activities. Role of the unique N terminus and putative intercalating methionine. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:4424-35 pubmed..Methionine 29, which may intercalate into DNA, is essential for NHP6A-induced microcircle formation of 75-bp but not 98-bp fragments in vitro, and for full growth complementation of Deltanhp6a/b mutants in vivo. ..
- Wang B, Feng L, Hu Y, Huang S, Reynolds C, Wu L, et al. The essential role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae CDC6 nucleotide-binding site in cell growth, DNA synthesis, and Orc1 association. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8291-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that a proper molecular interaction between Orc1 and Cdc6 depends on the functional ATP-binding of Cdc6, which may be a prerequisite step to assemble the operational replicative complex at the G1/S transition. ..
- Pishvaee B, Costaguta G, Yeung B, Ryazantsev S, Greener T, Greene L, et al. A yeast DNA J protein required for uncoating of clathrin-coated vesicles in vivo. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:958-63 pubmed..Our results demonstrate an in vivo uncoating function of a J domain co-chaperone and establish the physiological significance of uncoating in transport mediated by clathrin-coated vesicles...
- Gibson D, Bell S, Aparicio O. Cell cycle execution point analysis of ORC function and characterization of the checkpoint response to ORC inactivation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2006;11:557-73 pubmed..We discuss the potential significance of these overlapping checkpoints and the impact of our findings on previously postulated role(s) of ORCs in other cell cycle functions. ..
- Szyjka S, Aparicio J, Viggiani C, Knott S, Xu W, Tavare S, et al. Rad53 regulates replication fork restart after DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1906-20 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for regulation of replication fork progression through damaged DNA involving a cycle of Rad53 activation and deactivation that coordinates replication restart with DNA repair. ..
- Dowell N, Sperling A, Mason M, Johnson R. Chromatin-dependent binding of the S. cerevisiae HMGB protein Nhp6A affects nucleosome dynamics and transcription. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2031-42 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the chromatin environment, not DNA sequence recognition, localizes Nhp6A binding, and that Nhp6A stabilizes chromatin structure and coregulates transcription. ..