Experts and Doctors on electron spin resonance spectroscopy in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Topic: electron spin resonance spectroscopy
- Kemper M, Stout C, Lloyd S, Prasad G, Fawcett S, Armstrong F, et al. Y13C Azotobacter vinelandii ferredoxin I. A designed [Fe-S] ligand motif contains a cysteine persulfide. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15620-7 pubmed..It is interesting to note that neither of the two free cysteines present in FdI was modified. Thus, if NifS is involved in modifying the introduced cysteine there must be specificity to the reaction. ..
- Gao Sheridan H, Pershad H, Armstrong F, Burgess B. Discovery of a novel ferredoxin from Azotobacter vinelandii containing two [4Fe-4S] clusters with widely differing and very negative reduction potentials. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5514-9 pubmed..In contrast, electrochemical characterization of FdIII clearly establishes that the two [4Fe-4S]2+/+ clusters have very different and highly negative reduction potentials of -486 mV and -644 mV versus the standard hydrogen electrode...
- Jung Y, Bonagura C, Tilley G, Gao Sheridan H, Armstrong F, Stout C, et al. Structure of C42D Azotobacter vinelandii FdI. A Cys-X-X-Asp-X-X-Cys motif ligates an air-stable [4Fe-4S]2+/+ cluster. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36974-83 pubmed..The cluster conversion was ultimately accomplished using a new electrochemical method. Hydrophobic and electrostatic interaction and the lack of Gly residues adjacent to the Asp ligand explain the remarkable stability of this cluster. ..
- Chen K, Jung Y, Bonagura C, Tilley G, Prasad G, Sridhar V, et al. Azotobacter vinelandii ferredoxin I: a sequence and structure comparison approach to alteration of [4Fe-4S]2+/+ reduction potential. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5603-10 pubmed
- Chen K, Bonagura C, Tilley G, McEvoy J, Jung Y, Armstrong F, et al. Crystal structures of ferredoxin variants exhibiting large changes in [Fe-S] reduction potential. Nat Struct Biol. 2002;9:188-92 pubmed..The smaller (50--100 mV) increases observed for the neutral form are proposed to occur by directing a Hdelta+--Ndelta- dipole toward the reduced form of the cluster. ..
- Owens C, Du J, Dawson J, Goulding C. Characterization of heme ligation properties of Rv0203, a secreted heme binding protein involved in Mycobacterium tuberculosis heme uptake. Biochemistry. 2012;51:1518-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the heme affinity of Rv0203-notag is comparable to that of other heme transport proteins, implying that Rv0203 may act as an extracellular heme transporter...
- Owens C, Chim N, Graves A, Harmston C, Iniguez A, Contreras H, et al. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis secreted protein Rv0203 transfers heme to membrane proteins MmpL3 and MmpL11. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21714-28 pubmed publisher..This work elucidates a key step in the mycobacterial uptake of heme, and it may be useful in the development of anti-tuberculosis drugs targeting this pathway...