Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drug dose response relationship in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Topic: drug dose response relationship
- Necula M, Breydo L, Milton S, Kayed R, van der Veer W, Tone P, et al. Methylene blue inhibits amyloid Abeta oligomerization by promoting fibrillization. Biochemistry. 2007;46:8850-60 pubmed..If Abeta oligomers represent the primary pathogenic species, then inhibition of this highly toxic species via promotion of formation of less toxic aggregates may be therapeutically useful. ..
- Green K, Billings L, Roozendaal B, McGaugh J, LaFerla F. Glucocorticoids increase amyloid-beta and tau pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci. 2006;26:9047-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that high levels of glucocorticoids, found in AD, are not merely a consequence of the disease process but rather play a central role in the development and progression of AD. ..
- Kuppermann B, Thomas E, de Smet M, Grillone L. Safety results of two phase III trials of an intravitreous injection of highly purified ovine hyaluronidase (Vitrase) for the management of vitreous hemorrhage. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:585-97 pubmed..To evaluate the safety of intravitreous ovine hyaluronidase for the management of vitreous hemorrhage...
- Billings L, Marshall J. Glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 mRNA regulation in two globus pallidus neuron populations by dopamine and the subthalamic nucleus. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3094-103 pubmed..This pattern of results has implications for pallidal control of striatal versus downstream basal ganglia nuclei. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin S, Atangan L, Molina Y, Okawa Y, Arpawong H, et al. Casein kinase 1alpha interacts with retinoid X receptor and interferes with agonist-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30844-9 pubmed..Our study shows that CK1alpha can promote cell survival by interfering with RXR agonist-induced apoptosis. Inhibition of CK1alpha may enhance the anti-cancer effects of RXR agonists. ..
- Bardwell A, Flatauer L, Matsukuma K, Thorner J, Bardwell L. A conserved docking site in MEKs mediates high-affinity binding to MAP kinases and cooperates with a scaffold protein to enhance signal transmission. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10374-86 pubmed..Thus, both the MEK-MAPK docking interaction and binding to the Ste5 scaffold make mutually reinforcing contributions to the efficiency of signaling by this MAPK cascade in vivo. ..
- Tydell C, Yount N, Tran D, Yuan J, Selsted M. Isolation, characterization, and antimicrobial properties of bovine oligosaccharide-binding protein. A microbicidal granule protein of eosinophils and neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19658-64 pubmed
- Ericson J. Enamel lead biomarker for prenatal exposure assessment. Environ Res. 2001;87:136-40 pubmed..The technique may be applied when completely developed to cross-sectional and longitudinal research...
- Li M, Bullock C, Knauer D, Ehlert F, Zhou Q. Identification of two prokineticin cDNAs: recombinant proteins potently contract gastrointestinal smooth muscle. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;59:692-8 pubmed..The availability of recombinant prokineticins should provide novel therapeutic agents for disorders involving impaired gastrointestinal motility. ..
- Platzack B, Hicks J. Reductions in systemic oxygen delivery induce a hypometabolic state in the turtle Trachemys scripta. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R1295-301 pubmed
- Si W, Aluisio L, Okamura N, Clark S, Fraser I, Sutton S, et al. Neuropeptide S stimulates dopaminergic neurotransmission in the medial prefrontal cortex. J Neurochem. 2010;115:475-82 pubmed publisher..Dopamine release in the mPFC has been previously linked to modulation of anxiety states and fear extinction. The present results may thus provide a physiological and anatomical basis for the reported effects of NPS on these behaviors. ..
- Sawyer G, Lambrecht G, Ehlert F. Functional role of muscarinic M(2) receptors in alpha,beta-methylene ATP induced, neurogenic contractions in guinea-pig ileum. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;129:1458-64 pubmed
- Shakkottai V, Regaya I, Wulff H, Fajloun Z, Tomita H, Fathallah M, et al. Design and characterization of a highly selective peptide inhibitor of the small conductance calcium-activated K+ channel, SkCa2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43145-51 pubmed..Lei-Dab(7) will be a useful tool to investigate the functional role of SKCa2 in mammalian tissues. ..
- Alkire M, McReynolds J, Hahn E, Trivedi A. Thalamic microinjection of nicotine reverses sevoflurane-induced loss of righting reflex in the rat. Anesthesiology. 2007;107:264-72 pubmed..The authors test this by separately attempting to block or enhance anesthetic-induced loss of righting in rats using intrathalamic microinjections of nicotine or its antagonist...
- Urbina H, Silberg J, Hoff K, Vickery L. Transfer of sulfur from IscS to IscU during Fe/S cluster assembly. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44521-6 pubmed publisher..The findings with IscSDelta376-413 provide additional support for a mechanism of sulfur transfer involving a direct interaction between IscS and IscU and suggest that the C-terminal region of IscS may be important for binding IscU...
- Ayabe T, Satchell D, Pesendorfer P, Tanabe H, Wilson C, Hagen S, et al. Activation of Paneth cell alpha-defensins in mouse small intestine. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5219-28 pubmed..MMP-7-dependent procryptdin activation in vivo provides mouse Paneth cells with functional peptides for apical secretion into the small intestine lumen. ..
- Roozendaal B, Lengvilas R, McGaugh J, Civelli O, Reinscheid R. Orphanin FQ/nociceptin interacts with the basolateral amygdala noradrenergic system in memory consolidation. Learn Mem. 2007;14:29-35 pubmed..These findings indicate that endogenously released OFQ/N interacts with noradrenergic activity within the BLA in modulating memory consolidation. ..
- Xiao J, Ghosn C, Hinchman C, Forbes C, Wang J, Snider N, et al. Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC)-independent regulation of beta-catenin degradation via a retinoid X receptor-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29954-62 pubmed..These results suggest a potential role for RXR and its agonists in the regulation of beta-catenin turnover and related biological events. ..
- Wulff H, Calabresi P, Allie R, Yun S, Pennington M, Beeton C, et al. The voltage-gated Kv1.3 K(+) channel in effector memory T cells as new target for MS. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1703-13 pubmed..Selective targeting of Kv1.3 in T(EM) cells may therefore hold therapeutic promise for MS and other T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Ho D, Bardwell A, Abdollahi M, Bardwell L. A docking site in MKK4 mediates high affinity binding to JNK MAPKs and competes with similar docking sites in JNK substrates. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32662-72 pubmed..The MEK1 and MEK2 D-sites displayed a strong selectivity for their cognate MAPK (ERK2) versus a non-cognate MAPK (JNK). In contrast, the MKK4 D-site exhibited only limited selectivity for JNK versus ERK. ..