Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dominant genes in Davis, California, United States
Locale: Davis, California, United States
Topic: dominant genes
- Matthies H, Messina L, Namba R, Greer K, Walker M, Hawley R. Mutations in the alpha-tubulin 67C gene specifically impair achiasmate segregation in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1137-44 pubmed..These results suggest that the accurate segregation of achiasmate chromosomes requires the proper balancing of forces acting on the chromosomes during prometaphase. ..
- Page S, McKim K, Deneen B, Van Hook T, Hawley R. Genetic studies of mei-P26 reveal a link between the processes that control germ cell proliferation in both sexes and those that control meiotic exchange in Drosophila. Genetics. 2000;155:1757-72 pubmed..These data suggest that the pathways controlling germline differentiation and meiotic exchange are related and that factors involved in the mitotic divisions of the germline may regulate meiotic recombination. ..
- Kiger J, Natzle J, Green M. Hemocytes are essential for wing maturation in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10190-5 pubmed..We propose that batone is required for the release of a hormone necessary for wing expansion and tissue remodeling by hemocytes in the wing. ..
- Lee J, Zhao L, Youn H, Weatherill A, Tapping R, Feng L, et al. Saturated fatty acid activates but polyunsaturated fatty acid inhibits Toll-like receptor 2 dimerized with Toll-like receptor 6 or 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16971-9 pubmed..These results also suggest that inflammatory responses induced by the activation of TLRs can be differentially modulated by types of dietary fatty acids. ..
- Goodson M, Jonas B, Privalsky M. Alternative mRNA splicing of SMRT creates functional diversity by generating corepressor isoforms with different affinities for different nuclear receptors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7493-503 pubmed..Our results suggest that differential mRNA splicing serves to customize corepressor function in different cells, allowing the transcriptional properties of nuclear receptors to be adapted to different contexts. ..
- Zhang Z, Ober J, Kliebenstein D. The gene controlling the quantitative trait locus EPITHIOSPECIFIER MODIFIER1 alters glucosinolate hydrolysis and insect resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1524-36 pubmed..The glucosinolate hydrolysis profile change influenced by ESM1 is associated with the ability to deter herbivory by Trichoplusia ni. This gene could provide unique approaches toward improving human nutrition. ..
- Su Y, Lagarias J. Light-independent phytochrome signaling mediated by dominant GAF domain tyrosine mutants of Arabidopsis phytochromes in transgenic plants. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2124-39 pubmed..We conclude that the universally conserved GAF domain Tyr residue, with which the bilin chromophore is intimately associated, performs a critical role in coupling light perception to signal transduction by plant phytochromes. ..