Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on disease progression in San Francisco, California, United States
Locale: San Francisco, California, United States
Topic: disease progression
- Brooks G, Lee B, Rao R, Lin F, Morin D, Zweibel S, et al. Predicting Persistent Left Ventricular Dysfunction Following Myocardial Infarction: The PREDICTS Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;67:1186-1196 pubmed publisher..In patients with severe systolic dysfunction following acute MI with an EF ?35%, 57% had EF recovery to >35%. A model using clinical variables present at the time of MI can help predict EF recovery. ..
- Liu T, McCalmont T, Frieden I, Williams M, Connolly M, Gilliam A. The stiff skin syndrome: case series, differential diagnosis of the stiff skin phenotype, and review of the literature. Arch Dermatol. 2008;144:1351-9 pubmed publisher..Supportive histopathologic findings consisting of either fascial sclerosis or increased fibroblast cellularity with sclerotic collagen bundles in the deep reticular dermis and/or subcutaneous septa may help to confirm this diagnosis. ..
- Maldonado J, Timmerman L, Fridlyand J, Bastian B. Mechanisms of cell-cycle arrest in Spitz nevi with constitutive activation of the MAP-kinase pathway. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1783-7 pubmed..We propose that in benign nevi with constitutive activation of the MAP-kinase pathway, p16 functions as an essential mediator of oncogene-induced senescence preventing progression to melanoma. ..
- Anwar M, Molinaro A, Morin O, Chang S, Haas Kogan D, Nelson S, et al. Identifying Voxels at Risk for Progression in Glioblastoma Based on Dosimetry, Physiologic and Metabolic MRI. Radiat Res. 2017;188:303-313 pubmed publisher..When combined with modern planning software, this technique may enable risk-adapted radiotherapy in any disease site with multimodal imaging. ..
- McCall L, McKerrow J. Determinants of disease phenotype in trypanosomatid parasites. Trends Parasitol. 2014;30:342-9 pubmed publisher..This review highlights parasite factors involved in disease phenotype in all three trypanosomatid diseases, with a particular focus on recent advances using large-scale 'omics' techniques. ..
- Amro A, Waldum Grevbo B, von der Lippe N, Brekke F, Miaskowski C, Os I. Symptom Clusters From Dialysis to Renal Transplantation: A Five-Year Longitudinal Study. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2016;51:512-9 pubmed publisher..Symptom clusters could not be generated after RTX, suggesting that use of the KDQOL-SF may not be optimal to assess symptoms in RTX patients. ..
- Bhargava A, Anant M, Mack H. Registered report: Kinase-dead BRAF and oncogenic RAS cooperate to drive tumor progression through CRAF. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The Reproducibility Project: Cancer Biology is a collaboration between the Center for Open Science and Science Exchange, and the results of the replications will be published by eLife. ..
- Felix R, Saparia T, Hirose R, Almers L, Chau Q, Jonelis T, et al. Cardiac Events After Kidney Transplantation According to Pretransplantation Coronary Artery Disease and Coronary Revascularization Status. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:65-73 pubmed publisher..Secondary prevention of CAD events should be a high priority in the management of this high-risk population. ..
- Van Allen E, Ryan C. Novel secondary hormonal therapy in advanced prostate cancer: an update. Curr Opin Urol. 2009;19:315-21 pubmed publisher..Hormonal therapy in advanced prostate cancer is rapidly evolving to more effectively target disease processes underlying prostate cancer, with multiple promising agents on the horizon. ..
- Stevens S, Farzaneh Far R, Na B, Whooley M, Schiller N. Development of an echocardiographic risk-stratification index to predict heart failure in patients with stable coronary artery disease: the Heart and Soul study. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009;2:11-20 pubmed publisher..7; 95% CI: 7.2 to 25.9, p < 0.0001). We identified 5 TTE measurements that independently predict HF in patients with stable CAD and combined them as an index that might be useful for risk stratification and serial observations. ..
- Weir M, Muschler J. Dystroglycan: emerging roles in mammary gland function. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2003;8:409-19 pubmed..Although many questions remain as to its precise role in mammary tissue, DG is emerging as a potentially important player in mammary gland function. ..
- Chan J, Deng W, Higgins R, Tewari K, Bonebrake A, Hicks M, et al. A phase II evaluation of brivanib in the treatment of persistent or recurrent carcinoma of the cervix: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:554-559 pubmed publisher..Based on early results of this phase II trial, brivanib was well tolerated and demonstrated sufficient activity after first stage but trial was stopped due to lack of drug availability. ..
- Webb B, Chimenti M, Jacobson M, Barber D. Dysregulated pH: a perfect storm for cancer progression. Nat Rev Cancer. 2011;11:671-7 pubmed publisher..We highlight the central role of pH sensors in cancer cell adaptations and suggest how dysregulated pH could be exploited to develop cancer-specific therapeutics. ..
- Peterfy C, Østergaard M, Conaghan P. MRI comes of age in RA clinical trials. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72:794-6 pubmed publisher..The time is right for regulatory authorities to include MRI as an alternative to radiographic data in support of claims of inhibition of progression of structural damage in RA trials...
- Butcher D, Alliston T, Weaver V. A tense situation: forcing tumour progression. Nat Rev Cancer. 2009;9:108-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, the changing force that cells experience needs to be considered when trying to understand the complex nature of tumorigenesis. ..
- Charles R, Iezza G, Amendola E, Dankort D, McMahon M. Mutationally activated BRAF(V600E) elicits papillary thyroid cancer in the adult mouse. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3863-71 pubmed publisher..Mice with BRAF(V600E)-induced PTC will provide an excellent system to study thyroid tumor initiation and progression and the evaluation of inhibitors of oncogenic BRAF signaling. ..
- Bloch O, Auguste K, Manley G, Verkman A. Accelerated progression of kaolin-induced hydrocephalus in aquaporin-4-deficient mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2006;26:1527-37 pubmed..Our results indicate a significant role for AQP4-mediated transparenchymal CSF absorption in hydrocephalus and provide a rational basis for evaluation of AQP4 induction as a nonsurgical therapy for hydrocephalus...
- Won S, Yoo B, Brennan A, Shin B, Kauppinen T, Berman A, et al. EAAC1 gene deletion alters zinc homeostasis and exacerbates neuronal injury after transient cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15409-18 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that cysteine uptake by EAAC1 is important for zinc homeostasis and neuronal antioxidant function under ischemic conditions. ..
- Saini S, Majid S, Shahryari V, Arora S, Yamamura S, Chang I, et al. miRNA-708 control of CD44(+) prostate cancer-initiating cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3618-30 pubmed publisher..miR-708 therefore may represent a novel therapeutic target or diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in prostate cancer. ..
- Mouw J, Yui Y, Damiano L, Bainer R, Lakins J, Acerbi I, et al. Tissue mechanics modulate microRNA-dependent PTEN expression to regulate malignant progression. Nat Med. 2014;20:360-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a mechanically regulated microRNA circuit that can promote malignancy and suggest potential prognostic roles for HOXA9 and miR-18a levels in stratifying patients with luminal breast cancers. ..
- Littlepage L, Sternlicht M, Rougier N, Phillips J, Gallo E, Yu Y, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases contribute distinct roles in neuroendocrine prostate carcinogenesis, metastasis, and angiogenesis progression. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2224-34 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest distinct contributions by MMPs to the progression of aggressive prostate tumor and to helping tumors cleverly find alternative routes to malignant progression. ..
- Lee M, Seo S, Na D, Kim C, Park J, Kim G, et al. Synergistic effects of ischemia and ?-amyloid burden on cognitive decline in patients with subcortical vascular mild cognitive impairment. JAMA Psychiatry. 2014;71:412-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings highlight the need for accurate biomarkers, including neuroimaging tools, for early diagnosis and the need to relate these biomarkers to cognitive measurements for effective use in the clinical setting. ..
- Cozen M, Ryan J, Shen H, Lerrigo R, Yee R, Sheen E, et al. Nonresponse to interferon-? based treatment for chronic hepatitis C infection is associated with increased hazard of cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61568 pubmed publisher..These unexpected findings suggest that patients who receive interferon-? based therapies but fail to clear the hepatitis C virus may have an increased hazard of cirrhosis compared to untreated patients. ..
- Saito D, Innes A, Pletcher S. Rheologic properties of sinonasal mucus in patients with chronic sinusitis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2010;24:1-5 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the range of rheological properties of sinonasal mucus in patients with CRS and suggests an association between disease severity and MCIs. ..
- Lee I, Lee R, Fahim D. Prognostic Factors and Survival Outcome in Patients with Chordoma in the United States: A Population-Based Analysis. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:346-355 pubmed publisher..Patients receiving radiation therapy also showed decreased survival, likely an indication of the patients' advanced stage of disease, making them poor surgical candidates. ..
- Schulman A, Howard L, Tay K, Tsivian E, Sze C, Amling C, et al. Validation of the 2015 prostate cancer grade groups for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes in a shared equal-access health system. Cancer. 2017;123:4122-4129 pubmed publisher..The authors investigated the utility of biopsy GG for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes after radical prostatectomy in an equal-access health system...
- Moses W, Weng J, Khanafshar E, Duh Q, Clark O, Kebebew E. Multiple genetic alterations in papillary thyroid cancer are associated with younger age at presentation. J Surg Res. 2010;160:179-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that multiple genetic alterations in thyroid cancer may be associated with earlier disease initiation and or progression. ..
- Bikle D, Elalieh H, Chang S, Xie Z, Sundberg J. Development and progression of alopecia in the vitamin D receptor null mouse. J Cell Physiol. 2006;207:340-53 pubmed..These changes are associated with increased expression of Hr, suggesting a role for VDR in regulating Hr expression. Both Hr and VDR are required for normal hair follicle cycling. ..
- Coppe J, Itahana Y, Moore D, Bennington J, Desprez P. Id-1 and Id-2 proteins as molecular markers for human prostate cancer progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:2044-51 pubmed..We propose that both Id-1 and Id-2 proteins control prostate cancer cell phenotypes and could serve as molecular markers of aggressive human prostate cancer. ..
- Chiyomaru T, Yamamura S, Zaman M, Majid S, Deng G, Shahryari V, et al. Genistein suppresses prostate cancer growth through inhibition of oncogenic microRNA-151. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43812 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that genistein mediated suppression of oncogenic miRNAs can be an important dietary therapeutic strategy for the treatment of PCa. ..
- Chun M, Hanahan D. Genetic deletion of the desmosomal component desmoplakin promotes tumor microinvasion in a mouse model of pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001120 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that loss of desmoplakin expression and resultant disruption of desmosomal adhesion can promote increased local tumor invasion independent of adherens junction status...
- Mattsson N, Insel P, NOSHENY R, Tosun D, Trojanowski J, Shaw L, et al. Emerging ?-amyloid pathology and accelerated cortical atrophy. JAMA Neurol. 2014;71:725-34 pubmed publisher..Early-stage A? pathology may have mild effects on local frontoparietal cortical integrity while effects in temporal regions appear later and accelerate, leading to the atrophy pattern typically seen in AD. ..
- Hirata H, Hinoda Y, Nakajima K, Kawamoto K, Kikuno N, Kawakami K, et al. Wnt antagonist gene DKK2 is epigenetically silenced and inhibits renal cancer progression through apoptotic and cell cycle pathways. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5678-87 pubmed publisher..DKK2 is epigenetically silenced by methylation in higher grades and stages of RCC. These results suggest that DKK2 inhibits renal cancer progression through apoptotic and cell cycle pathways. ..
- Price J, Tien P. Editorial: Statins and Liver Disease: Is it Time to Recommend Statins to Prevent Liver Disease Progression?. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:1506-1507 pubmed publisher..More robust studies, including randomized trials and research on safety in patients with advanced liver disease, are needed before statins can be routinely recommended for prevention of liver-related morbidity and mortality...
- Delay M, Jahangiri A, Carbonell W, Hu Y, Tsao S, Tom M, et al. Microarray analysis verifies two distinct phenotypes of glioblastomas resistant to antiangiogenic therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2930-42 pubmed publisher..These studies provide valuable biologic insight into the resistance that has limited antiangiogenic therapy to date. ..
- Wang S, Earle C, Wong G, Bourguignon L. Role of hyaluronan synthase 2 to promote CD44-dependent oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma progression. Head Neck. 2013;35:511-20 pubmed publisher..HAS 2 may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of oral cavity cancer. ..
- Yang Y, Tang G, Yan J, Park B, Hoffman A, Tie G, et al. Cellular and molecular mechanism regulating blood flow recovery in acute versus gradual femoral artery occlusion are distinct in the mouse. J Vasc Surg. 2008;48:1546-58 pubmed publisher..This novel model of gradual arterial occlusion may more closely resemble the human diseases, and may provide more accurate mechanistic insights for creating novel molecular therapies. ..
- Chin J, Palop J, Yu G, Kojima N, Masliah E, Mucke L. Fyn kinase modulates synaptotoxicity, but not aberrant sprouting, in human amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:4692-7 pubmed..We conclude that Fyn-dependent pathways are critical in AD-related synaptotoxicity and that the pathogenesis of hAPP/Abeta-induced neuronal alterations may be mechanistically heterogenous. ..
- Greene S, Hernandez A, Dunning A, Ambrosy A, Armstrong P, Butler J, et al. Hospitalization for Recently Diagnosed Versus Worsening Chronic Heart Failure: From the ASCEND-HF Trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:3029-3039 pubmed publisher..A Study Testing the Effectiveness of Nesiritide in Patients With Acute Decompensated Heart Failure; NCT00475852). ..
- Carrio M, Arderiu G, Myers C, Boudreau N. Homeobox D10 induces phenotypic reversion of breast tumor cells in a three-dimensional culture model. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7177-85 pubmed..Importantly, expression of HoxD10 in the MDA-MB-231 cells inhibited their ability to form tumors in mouse xenografts. Taken together, our results suggest that HoxD10 has tumor-suppressive functions for mammary epithelial cells. ..
- WeismÃ¼ller T, Trivedi P, Bergquist A, Imam M, Lenzen H, Ponsioen C, et al. Patient Age, Sex, and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Phenotype Associate With Course of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1975-1984.e8 pubmed publisher..The survival estimates provided might be used to estimate risk levels for patients with PSC and select patients for clinical trials. ..
- Bourguignon L, Gilad E, Rothman K, Peyrollier K. Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction with IQGAP1 promotes Cdc42 and ERK signaling, leading to actin binding, Elk-1/estrogen receptor transcriptional activation, and ovarian cancer progression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11961-72 pubmed
- Palaniyappan L, Crow T, Hough M, Voets N, Liddle P, James S, et al. Gyrification of Broca's region is anomalously lateralized at onset of schizophrenia in adolescence and regresses at 2 year follow-up. Schizophr Res. 2013;147:39-45 pubmed publisher..A deviation in the lateralized development of peri-Sylvian areas for language production and comprehension appears critical to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and may point to its species-specific origin. ..
- Young D. New caries detection technologies and modern caries management: merging the strategies. Gen Dent. 2002;50:320-31 pubmed..Two relatively new detection technologies (DIAGNOdent and DIFOTI) will be reviewed. ..
- Park H, Kim J, Kim G, Bae H, Crawley S, Yang S, et al. Aberrant expression of MUC3 and MUC4 membrane-associated mucins and sialyl Le(x) antigen in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia. Pancreas. 2003;26:e48-54 pubmed..Aberrant expression of membrane mucins MUC3 and MUC4 and of a mucin-associated carbohydrate tumor antigen Sialyl Le(x) in PanINs and adenocarcinoma further supports the progression model for pancreatic adenocarcinoma. ..
- Stoddart C, Keir M, McCune J. IFN-alpha-induced upregulation of CCR5 leads to expanded HIV tropism in vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000766 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a mechanism by which IFN-alpha production may paradoxically expand the tropism of R5 HIV and, in so doing, accelerate disease progression...
- Ulanet D, Hanahan D. Loss of p19(Arf) facilitates the angiogenic switch and tumor initiation in a multi-stage cancer model via p53-dependent and independent mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12454 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Arf loss of function can promote tumorigenesis via facilitating angiogenesis, at least in part, through p53-independent mechanisms. ..
- Wang S, Bourguignon L. Role of hyaluronan-mediated CD44 signaling in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma progression and chemoresistance. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:956-63 pubmed publisher..Finally, EGFR-mediated pathways play major roles in the HA/CD44 promotion of chemoresistance in HNSCC. Understanding HA/CD44-mediated signaling pathways may lead to improved treatment of HNSCC. ..
- Li L, Deng X, Linsuwanon P, Bangsberg D, Bwana M, Hunt P, et al. AIDS alters the commensal plasma virome. J Virol. 2013;87:10912-5 pubmed publisher..The proportion of endogenous human retrovirus reads was increased in AIDS subjects from Uganda but not the United States. Progression to AIDS is therefore associated with changes in the plasma concentration of commensal viruses. ..
- Ray M, Hostetter D, Loeb C, Simko J, Craik C. Inhibition of Granzyme B by PI-9 protects prostate cancer cells from apoptosis. Prostate. 2012;72:846-55 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that early prostatic inflammation may trigger this increase in PI-9. This suggests that PI-9 upregulation is needed early in tumor progression, before additional protective mechanisms are in place. ..
- Park E, Oh H, Gum J, Crawley S, Kakar S, Engel J, et al. HATH1 expression in mucinous cancers of the colorectum and related lesions. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5403-10 pubmed..In addition, the expression of HATH1 in hyperplastic polyps, serrated adenomas, and villous adenomas lends support to the hypothesis that these neoplasms are frequent precursors in mucinous cancer and signet ring carcinoma development. ..
- Noble L, Donovan F, Igarashi T, Goussev S, Werb Z. Matrix metalloproteinases limit functional recovery after spinal cord injury by modulation of early vascular events. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7526-35 pubmed..Our findings suggest that early inhibition of MMPs may be an efficacious strategy for the spinal cord-injured patient. ..
- Morris D, Huang X, Kaminski N, Wang Y, Shapiro S, Dolganov G, et al. Loss of integrin alpha(v)beta6-mediated TGF-beta activation causes Mmp12-dependent emphysema. Nature. 2003;422:169-73 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that a functional alteration in the TGF-beta activation pathway affects susceptibility to this disease. ..
- Wang S, Wreesmann V, Bourguignon L. Association of CD44 V3-containing isoforms with tumor cell growth, migration, matrix metalloproteinase expression, and lymph node metastasis in head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2007;29:550-8 pubmed..CD44 v3-containing isoforms are associated with HNSCC growth, migration, and matrix metalloproteinase activity and can be identified in lymph node metastasis. ..
- Reel B, Oishi P, Hsu J, Gildengorin G, Matthay M, Fineman J, et al. Early elevations in B-type natriuretic peptide levels are associated with poor clinical outcomes in pediatric acute lung injury. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2009;44:1118-24 pubmed publisher..BNP levels were higher in non-survivors (n = 7) than survivors (n = 41, P = 0.055). BNP levels are elevated in children with ALI/ARDS early in the disease course, and increased levels are associated with worse clinical outcome. ..
- Willberg C, Garrison K, Jones R, Meiklejohn D, Spotts G, Liegler T, et al. Rapid progressing allele HLA-B35 Px restricted anti-HIV-1 CD8+ T cells recognize vestigial CTL epitopes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10249 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates a novel phenomenon that distinguishes individuals with the HLA-B*35-Px rapid progressing allele and those with the HLA-B*35-Py slower progressing allele. ..
- Peralta C, Norris K, Li S, Chang T, Tamura M, Jolly S, et al. Blood pressure components and end-stage renal disease in persons with chronic kidney disease: the Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP). Arch Intern Med. 2012;172:41-7 pubmed publisher..Treatment strategies that preferentially lower SBP may be required to improve BP control in CKD. ..
- Blaveri E, Brewer J, Roydasgupta R, Fridlyand J, Devries S, Koppie T, et al. Bladder cancer stage and outcome by array-based comparative genomic hybridization. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:7012-22 pubmed..Fraction genome altered was associated with worse outcome in muscle-invasive tumors, independent of other clinicopathologic parameters. Measures of genomic instability add independent power to outcome prediction of bladder tumors. ..
- Chang E, Potts M, Keles G, Lamborn K, Chang S, Barbaro N, et al. Seizure characteristics and control following resection in 332 patients with low-grade gliomas. J Neurosurg. 2008;108:227-35 pubmed publisher..Postoperatively, >90% of these patients are seizure free or have meaningful improvement. A shorter history of seizures and gross-total resection appear to be associated with a favorable prognosis for seizure control. ..
- Jabs D, Van Natta M, Pak J, Danis R, Hunt P. Incidence of Intermediate-stage Age-related Macular Degeneration in Patients With Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:151-158 pubmed publisher..This increased incidence is consistent with the increased incidence of other age-related diseases in antiretroviral-treated, immune-restored, HIV-infected persons when compared with HIV-uninfected persons. ..
- Saini S, Majid S, Yamamura S, Tabatabai L, Suh S, Shahryari V, et al. Regulatory Role of mir-203 in Prostate Cancer Progression and Metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5287-98 pubmed publisher..miR-203 may be an attractive target for therapeutic intervention in advanced PCa. ..
- Katsuno Y, Lamouille S, Derynck R. TGF-? signaling and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancer progression. Curr Opin Oncol. 2013;25:76-84 pubmed publisher..Further mechanistic insights under physiological conditions may lead to new therapeutic or prognostic strategies in cancer treatment. ..
- Hawgood S, Ochs M, Jung A, Akiyama J, Allen L, Brown C, et al. Sequential targeted deficiency of SP-A and -D leads to progressive alveolar lipoproteinosis and emphysema. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2002;283:L1002-10 pubmed..These changes qualitatively resemble the lung pathology seen in SP-D-deficient mice. These doubly deficient mice will be useful in dissecting the potential overlap in function between SP-A and SP-D in host defense. ..
- Liang Y, Ahmed M, Guo H, Soares F, Hua J, Gao S, et al. LSD1-Mediated Epigenetic Reprogramming Drives CENPE Expression and Prostate Cancer Progression. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5479-5490 pubmed publisher..Our findings show how LSD1-mediated epigenetic reprogramming drives CRPC, and they offer a mechanistic rationale for its therapeutic targeting in this disease. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5479-90. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Smith J, Chang E, Rosenthal G, Meeker M, von Koch C, Manley G, et al. The role of early follow-up computed tomography imaging in the management of traumatic brain injury patients with intracranial hemorrhage. J Trauma. 2007;63:75-82 pubmed..We suggest that assessment, based on the severity of findings on initial brain imaging and serial clinical examinations, should guide the need for follow-up imaging in the setting of head trauma. ..
- Li H, Wang J, Xiao W, Xia D, Lang B, Wang T, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of KLF4 is associated with urothelial cancer progression and early recurrence. J Urol. 2014;191:493-501 pubmed publisher..In addition, decreased expression of KLF4 or its promoter hypermethylation may have predictive value for early recurrence in patients with nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer. ..