Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on computational biology in Novato, California, United States
Locale: Novato, California, United States
Topic: computational biology
- del Rio G, Castro Obregon S, Rao R, Ellerby H, Bredesen D. APAP, a sequence-pattern recognition approach identifies substance P as a potential apoptotic peptide. FEBS Lett. 2001;494:213-9 pubmed..Among other peptides, substance P was identified as a PAP and subsequently demonstrated to be a pro-apoptotic peptide experimentally. APAP thus provides a method to detect and ultimately improve pro-apoptotic peptides for chemotherapy. ..
- Golden T, Hubbard A, Morten K, Hinerfeld D, Melov S. Pharmacogenomic profiling of an oxidative stress-mediated spongiform encephalopathy. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:152-63 pubmed..The normalization of expression of some of these pathways by antioxidant treatment suggests approaches to treating disease in which endogenous oxidative stress plays a role. ..
- Thibert B, Bredesen D, Del Rio G. Improved prediction of critical residues for protein function based on network and phylogenetic analyses. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:213 pubmed..e., non-surface), although some surface residues are indeed identified as critical by network analyses; whereas residues chosen by phylogenetic approaches display a lower overall probability of being surface inaccessible. ..
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Zhao Y, Mooney S. Functional organization and its implication in evolution of the human protein-protein interaction network. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:150 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated functional organization of a protein interaction network. Given our observations, we suggest that its significance should not be overlooked when studying network evolution. ..