Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in San Francisco, California, United States
Locale: San Francisco, California, United States
Topic: cell line
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- Nozawa Y, Yao E, Lin C, Yang J, Wilson C, Gacayan R, et al. Fused (Stk36) is a ciliary protein required for central pair assembly and motile cilia orientation in the mammalian oviduct. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1307-19 pubmed publisher..Our results delineate a novel pathway for central pair apparatus assembly and add important insight to the biogenesis and function of oviductal motile cilia. ..
- Geyer M, Yu H, Mandic R, Linnemann T, Zheng Y, Fackler O, et al. Subunit H of the V-ATPase binds to the medium chain of adaptor protein complex 2 and connects Nef to the endocytic machinery. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28521-9 pubmed..Finally, blocking the expression of V1H decreased the enhancement of virion infectivity by Nef. Thus, V1H can function as an adaptor for interactions between Nef and AP-2. ..
- Armstrong M, Freedman C, Jung J, Zheng Y, Kalyanaraman C, Jacobson M, et al. A potent and selective inhibitor targeting human and murine 12/15-LOX. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1183-90 pubmed publisher..0Â±3.3 Î¼M. These data indicate that 99089 and related derivatives may serve as a starting point for the development of anti-stroke therapeutics due to their ability to selectively target h12/15-LOX in vitro and m12/15-LOX ex vivo. ..
- El Husseini A, Craven S, Chetkovich D, Firestein B, Schnell E, Aoki C, et al. Dual palmitoylation of PSD-95 mediates its vesiculotubular sorting, postsynaptic targeting, and ion channel clustering. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:159-72 pubmed..These data imply that PSD-95 is an itinerant vesicular protein; initial targeting of PSD-95 to an intracellular membrane compartment may participate in postsynaptic ion channel clustering by PSD-95. ..
- Wang D, Surratt C, Sadee W. Calmodulin regulation of basal and agonist-stimulated G protein coupling by the mu-opioid receptor (OP(3)) in morphine-pretreated cell. J Neurochem. 2000;75:763-71 pubmed..In contrast, release of CaM from the plasma membrane appears to enhance the inherent basal G protein coupling of OP(3), thereby resolving the paradox that OP(3) displays both desensitization and sensitization during morphine treatment. ..
- Ly H, Parslow T. Bipartite signal for genomic RNA dimerization in Moloney murine leukemia virus. J Virol. 2002;76:3135-44 pubmed..These findings support the view that in some retroviruses, dimer initiation and stability involve two or more closely linked DIS loci which together align the nascent dimer strands in parallel and in register...
- Zaman M, Shahryari V, Deng G, Thamminana S, Saini S, Majid S, et al. Up-regulation of microRNA-21 correlates with lower kidney cancer survival. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31060 pubmed publisher..Thus we believe that miR-21 can be used as a tumor marker and its inhibition may prove to be useful in controlling cancers with up-regulated miR-21. ..
- Puri S, Akiyama H, Hebrok M. VHL-mediated disruption of Sox9 activity compromises ?-cell identity and results in diabetes mellitus. Genes Dev. 2013;27:2563-75 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that assaults on the ? cell that impact the differentiation state of the cell have clear implications toward our understanding of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Stecula A, Schlessinger A, Giacomini K, Sali A. Human Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter 3 (hCNT3, SLC28A3) Forms a Cyclic Homotrimer. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3475-3483 pubmed publisher..In particular, trimerization appears to shorten the translocation path for nucleosides across the plasma membrane and may allow modulation of the transport function via allostery. ..
- Xia H, Winokur S, Kuo W, Altherr M, Bredt D. Actinin-associated LIM protein: identification of a domain interaction between PDZ and spectrin-like repeat motifs. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:507-15 pubmed..Fine genetic mapping studies demonstrate that ALP occurs on chromosome 4q35, near the heterochromatic locus that is mutated in fascioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. ..
- Cvoro A, Paruthiyil S, Jones J, Tzagarakis Foster C, Clegg N, Tatomer D, et al. Selective activation of estrogen receptor-beta transcriptional pathways by an herbal extract. Endocrinology. 2007;148:538-47 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that herbal ERbeta-selective estrogens may be a safer alternative for hormone therapy than estrogens that nonselectively activate both ER subtypes...
- Rozansky D, Wang J, Doan N, Purdy T, Faulk T, Bhargava A, et al. Hypotonic induction of SGK1 and Na+ transport in A6 cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F105-13 pubmed..Moreover, these data lend support to the view that SGK1 contributes to the defense of extracellular fluid volume and tonicity in amphibia by mediating a component of the hypotonic induction of distal nephron Na+ transport. ..
- Yen C, Farese R. MGAT2, a monoacylglycerol acyltransferase expressed in the small intestine. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18532-7 pubmed
- Khan O, Headley M, Gérard A, Wei W, Liu L, Krummel M. Regulation of T cell priming by lymphoid stroma. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26138 pubmed publisher..Stromal feedback inhibition thus provides basal attenuation of T cell responses, particularly those characterized by strong local inflammatory cues. ..
- Keck K, Moquin S, He A, Fernandez S, Somberg J, Liu S, et al. Bromodomain and extraterminal inhibitors block the Epstein-Barr virus lytic cycle at two distinct steps. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13284-13295 pubmed publisher..There JQ1 reduces BRD4 recruitment during reactivation to preclude replication initiation. This represents a rarely observed dual mode of action for drugs. ..
- Chen S, Wang J, Yu G, Liu W, Pearce D. Androgen and glucocorticoid receptor heterodimer formation. A possible mechanism for mutual inhibition of transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:14087-92 pubmed..These observations provide the first evidence that the opposing physiological effects of the androgen and glucocorticoid hormones are due to the direct physical interaction between their receptors at the transcriptional level. ..
- Lu C, Contreras X, Peterlin B. P bodies inhibit retrotransposition of endogenous intracisternal a particles. J Virol. 2011;85:6244-51 pubmed publisher..Although IAP mRNA localized to P bodies, Gag was targeted to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), from which IAP buds. Thus, by sequestering IAP mRNA away from Gag, P bodies inhibit rather than promote IAP retrotransposition. ..
- Chiyomaru T, Fukuhara S, Saini S, Majid S, Deng G, Shahryari V, et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR is targeted and regulated by miR-141 in human cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:12550-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that HOTAIR is suppressed by miR-141 in an Ago2-dependent manner. ..
- Chuang H, Prescott E, Kong H, Shields S, Jordt S, Basbaum A, et al. Bradykinin and nerve growth factor release the capsaicin receptor from PtdIns(4,5)P2-mediated inhibition. Nature. 2001;411:957-62 pubmed..These studies delineate a biochemical mechanism through which bradykinin and NGF produce hypersensitivity and might explain how the activation of PLC signalling systems regulates other members of the TRP channel family. ..
- Putney L, Barber D. Na-H exchange-dependent increase in intracellular pH times G2/M entry and transition. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44645-9 pubmed
- Cvoro A, Tzagarakis Foster C, Tatomer D, Paruthiyil S, Fox M, Leitman D. Distinct roles of unliganded and liganded estrogen receptors in transcriptional repression. Mol Cell. 2006;21:555-64 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that ERalpha is a TNFalpha-induced coactivator that becomes a repressor in the presence of estradiol by recruiting GRIP1. ..
- Chen L, Pawlikowski B, Schlessinger A, More S, Stryke D, Johns S, et al. Role of organic cation transporter 3 (SLC22A3) and its missense variants in the pharmacologic action of metformin. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:687-99 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that OCT3 plays a role in the therapeutic action of metformin and that genetic variants of OCT3 may modulate metformin and catecholamine action. ..
- Fukuyo Y, Horikoshi N, Ishov A, Silverstein S, Nakajima T. The herpes simplex virus immediate-early ubiquitin ligase ICP0 induces degradation of the ICP0 repressor protein E2FBP1. J Virol. 2011;85:3356-66 pubmed publisher..These reciprocal regulatory roles of ICP0 and E2FBP1 are linked in an ARID-dependent fashion. Our results suggest that E2FBP1 functions as an intrinsic cellular defense factor in spite of its PML-NB dissociation function. ..
- Lemjabbar H, Li D, Gallup M, Sidhu S, Drori E, Basbaum C. Tobacco smoke-induced lung cell proliferation mediated by tumor necrosis factor alpha-converting enzyme and amphiregulin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26202-7 pubmed..These results shed light on the pathogenesis of lung cancer, suggest novel drug targets for the reduction of cancer risk in smokers, and provide insight into how EGFR integrates responses to diverse noxious stimuli. ..
- Wernette Hammond M, Lauer S, Corsini A, Walker D, Taylor J, Rall S. Glycosylation of human apolipoprotein E. The carbohydrate attachment site is threonine 194. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:9094-101 pubmed..The transfected ldlD cells also secreted high levels of apoE even in the absence of glycosylation, which confirms that glycosylation is not essential for secretion of apoE. ..
- Collins C, Volik S, Kowbel D, Ginzinger D, Ylstra B, Cloutier T, et al. Comprehensive genome sequence analysis of a breast cancer amplicon. Genome Res. 2001;11:1034-42 pubmed
- Patra S, Patra A, Zhao H, Dahiya R. DNA methyltransferase and demethylase in human prostate cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2002;33:163-71 pubmed..These results may demonstrate molecular mechanisms of CpG hypermethylation of various genes in prostate cancer. ..
- Mahrus S, Craik C. Selective chemical functional probes of granzymes A and B reveal granzyme B is a major effector of natural killer cell-mediated lysis of target cells. Chem Biol. 2005;12:567-77 pubmed..These studies indicate that the proapoptotic granzyme B functions also as a pronecrotic effector of target cell death. ..
- Quan D, Cooper M, Potter J, Roberts M, Cheng H, Jarvis G. TREM-2 binds to lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and is expressed on reproductive tract epithelial cells. Mucosal Immunol. 2008;1:229-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that gonococci can interact with TREM-2 receptors through binding to LOS and Opa protein and initiate cell signaling and cytokine production. ..
- Amadesi S, Grant A, Cottrell G, Vaksman N, Poole D, Rozengurt E, et al. Protein kinase D isoforms are expressed in rat and mouse primary sensory neurons and are activated by agonists of protease-activated receptor 2. J Comp Neurol. 2009;516:141-56 pubmed publisher..PKD may be a novel component of a signal transduction pathway for protease-induced activation of nociceptive neurons and an important new target for antiinflammatory and analgesic therapies. ..
- Meima M, Webb B, Witkowska H, Barber D. The sodium-hydrogen exchanger NHE1 is an Akt substrate necessary for actin filament reorganization by growth factors. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26666-75 pubmed publisher..We predict that other functions shared by Akt and NHE1, including cell growth and survival, might be regulated by increased H(+) efflux. ..
- Namchuk M, Lindsay L, Turck C, Kanaani J, Baekkeskov S. Phosphorylation of serine residues 3, 6, 10, and 13 distinguishes membrane anchored from soluble glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 and is restricted to glutamic acid decarboxylase 65alpha. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:1548-57 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Musci T, Derynck R. The tumor suppressor Smad4/DPC 4 as a central mediator of Smad function. Curr Biol. 1997;7:270-6 pubmed
- Klein U, Muller C, Chu P, Birnbaumer M, von Zastrow M. Heterologous inhibition of G protein-coupled receptor endocytosis mediated by receptor-specific trafficking of beta-arrestins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17442-7 pubmed
- Hong T, Smyth J, Gao D, Chu K, Vogan J, Fong T, et al. BIN1 localizes the L-type calcium channel to cardiac T-tubules. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000312 pubmed publisher..2 delivery to T-tubules. This novel Cav1.2 trafficking pathway should serve as an important regulatory aspect of EC coupling, affecting cardiac contractility in mammalian hearts. ..
- Chou W, Wang D, McMahon T, Qi Z, Song M, Zhang C, et al. GABAA receptor trafficking is regulated by protein kinase C(epsilon) and the N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13955-65 pubmed publisher..Reducing NSF activity by inhibiting PKC? could help restore synaptic inhibition in disease states in which it is impaired. ..
- Engelberg J, Datta A, Mostov K, Hunt C. MDCK cystogenesis driven by cell stabilization within computational analogues. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1002030 pubmed publisher..Reducing the amount of in silico luminal cell death had limited effect on cystogenesis. Simulations provide an observable theory for cystogenesis based on hypothesized, cell-level operating principles...
- Steffen I, Liss N, Schneider B, Fair J, Chiu C, Simmons G. Characterization of the Bas-Congo virus glycoprotein and its function in pseudotyped viruses. J Virol. 2013;87:9558-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, serology testing based on BASV-G pseudotype neutralization can be used to uncover the prevalence and importance of BASV as a potential novel human pathogen in the DRC and throughout Central Africa. ..
- Stopak K, Chiu Y, Kropp J, Grant R, Greene W. Distinct patterns of cytokine regulation of APOBEC3G expression and activity in primary lymphocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3539-46 pubmed..Together, these results highlight the distinct inductive effects of select cytokines on A3G gene expression and A3G complex assembly that occur in natural cellular targets of HIV infection. ..
- Mangravite L, Xiao G, Giacomini K. Localization of human equilibrative nucleoside transporters, hENT1 and hENT2, in renal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F902-10 pubmed..These data suggest that hENT1 and hENT2 on the basolateral membrane function with concentrative nucleoside transporters on the apical membrane to mediate active reabsorption of nucleosides within the kidney. ..
- Hashimoto T, Wu Y, Boudreau N, Li J, Matsumoto M, Young W. Regulation of tie2 expression by angiopoietin--potential feedback system. Endothelium. 2004;11:207-10 pubmed..The Ang-Tie2 system appears to have an autoregulatory feedback system that may be regulating the overall activity of the Tie2 system in both physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Eastburn D, Sciambi A, Abate A. Picoinjection enables digital detection of RNA with droplet rt-PCR. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62961 pubmed publisher..We also find that picoinjection results in negligible transfer of material between drops and that the drops faithfully retain their compartmentalization. ..
- Watada H, Mirmira R, Leung J, German M. Transcriptional and translational regulation of beta-cell differentiation factor Nkx6.1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34224-30 pubmed..These data demonstrate that complex regulation of both Nkx6.1 transcription and translation provides the specificity of expression required during pancreas development. ..
- Haskell C, Cleary M, Charo I. Unique role of the chemokine domain of fractalkine in cell capture. Kinetics of receptor dissociation correlate with cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34183-9 pubmed..We conclude that presentation of a chemokine atop a mucin-like stalk is not, in and of itself, sufficient to capture cells. The unique ability of FK to mediate adhesion under flow may be a function of its slow receptor off-rate. ..
- Bose H, Whittal R, Huang M, Baldwin M, Miller W. N-218 MLN64, a protein with StAR-like steroidogenic activity, is folded and cleaved similarly to StAR. Biochemistry. 2000;39:11722-31 pubmed..Thus the protease-resistant domain of N-218 MLN64, and by inference the corresponding domain of StAR, may have direct roles in their action to foster the flux of cholesterol from the outer to the inner mitochondrial membrane. ..
- Levin M, Haggie P, Vetrivel L, Verkman A. Diffusion in the endoplasmic reticulum of an aquaporin-2 mutant causing human nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21331-6 pubmed..These results indicate that the ER retention of AQP2-T126M does not result from restricted or slowed mobility and suggest that the majority of AQP2-T126M is not aggregated or bound to slowly moving membrane proteins...
- Chang W, Tu C, Pratt S, Chen T, Shoback D. Extracellular Ca(2+)-sensing receptors modulate matrix production and mineralization in chondrogenic RCJ3.1C5.18 cells. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1467-74 pubmed..These data support a role for CaRs in mediating high [Ca(2+)](o)-induced differentiation of C5.18 cells. ..
- Bourguignon L, Singleton P, Zhu H, Zhou B. Hyaluronan promotes signaling interaction between CD44 and the transforming growth factor beta receptor I in metastatic breast tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39703-12 pubmed..g. Smad2/Smad3 phosphorylation and PTH-rP production) during HA and TGF-beta-mediated metastatic breast tumor progression. ..
- Juin P, Hunt A, Littlewood T, Griffiths B, Swigart L, Korsmeyer S, et al. c-Myc functionally cooperates with Bax to induce apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6158-69 pubmed..We conclude that c-Myc triggers a proapoptotic mitochondrial destabilizing activity that cooperates with proapoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family. ..
- Edwards S, Cruz A, Donnelly S, Dazin P, Schulman E, Jones K, et al. c-Kit immunophenotyping and metalloproteinase expression profiles of mast cells in interstitial lung diseases. J Pathol. 2005;206:279-90 pubmed..We conclude that ILD microenvironments induce unique c-Kit receptor and metalloproteinase mast cell phenotypes. ..
- Choi Y, Patena W, Leavitt A, McManus M. Widespread RNA 3'-end oligouridylation in mammals. RNA. 2012;18:394-401 pubmed publisher..Our data revealed widespread nontemplated nucleotide addition to the 3' ends of many classes of RNA, with short stretches of uridine being the most frequently added nucleotide. ..
- So A, Chaivorapol C, Bolton E, Li H, Yamamoto K. Determinants of cell- and gene-specific transcriptional regulation by the glucocorticoid receptor. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e94 pubmed..We conclude that GR occupancy is a primary determinant of glucocorticoid responsiveness in A549 cells and that core GR binding sequences as well as GRE architecture likely harbor gene-specific regulatory information. ..
- Ahuja N, Schwer B, Carobbio S, Waltregny D, North B, Castronovo V, et al. Regulation of insulin secretion by SIRT4, a mitochondrial ADP-ribosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33583-92 pubmed..Depletion of SIRT4 from insulin-producing INS-1E cells results in increased insulin secretion in response to glucose. These observations define a new role for mitochondrial SIRT4 in the regulation of insulin secretion. ..
- Tanowitz M, Hislop J, von Zastrow M. Alternative splicing determines the post-endocytic sorting fate of G-protein-coupled receptors. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35614-21 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge the present results are the first to establish a role of alternative RNA processing in specifying the post-endocytic sorting of G-protein-coupled receptors between divergent and functionally distinct membrane pathways. ..
- Wang Y, Sudilovsky D, Zhang B, Haughney P, Rosen M, Wu D, et al. A human prostatic epithelial model of hormonal carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2001;61:6064-72 pubmed..In addition, the data demonstrate that the stromal environment plays an important role in mediating hormonal carcinogenesis. ..
- Drozina G, Kohoutek J, Nishiya T, Peterlin B. Sequential modifications in class II transactivator isoform 1 induced by lipopolysaccharide stimulate major histocompatibility complex class II transcription in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39963-70 pubmed..Subsequent polyubiquitylation results in the degradation of CIITA isoform 1. Thus, the signaling cascade from Toll-like receptor 4 to CIITA isoform 1 represents one connection between innate and adaptive immunity in macrophages. ..
- Bourara K, Liegler T, Grant R. Target cell APOBEC3C can induce limited G-to-A mutation in HIV-1. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:1477-85 pubmed..Developing drugs that inhibit A3C may be a novel strategy for delaying viral escape from immune or antiretroviral inhibition. ..
- Lynch K, Weiss A. A CD45 polymorphism associated with multiple sclerosis disrupts an exonic splicing silencer. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24341-7 pubmed..Thus, proper functioning of the immune system is dependent on a complex interplay of regulatory activities that mediate the appropriate splicing of CD45 exon 4. ..
- Watson J, Kamkar S, James K, Kowbel D, Andaya A, Paris P, et al. Molecular analysis of WFDC1/ps20 gene in prostate cancer. Prostate. 2004;61:192-9 pubmed..We, therefore, propose that WFDC1/ps20 may not be a classical tumor suppressor gene, but might play a role in the maintenance of the normal extra cellular matrix milieu in the prostate. ..
- Srinivasan S, Santiago P, Lubrano C, Vaisse C, Conklin B. Engineering the melanocortin-4 receptor to control constitutive and ligand-mediated G(S) signaling in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e668 pubmed..Our study also demonstrates the use of human genetic variation for protein engineering. ..
- Crane J, Verkman A. Long-range nonanomalous diffusion of quantum dot-labeled aquaporin-1 water channels in the cell plasma membrane. Biophys J. 2008;94:702-13 pubmed
- Jiao J, Herl L, Farese R, Gao F. MicroRNA-29b regulates the expression level of human progranulin, a secreted glycoprotein implicated in frontotemporal dementia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10551 pubmed publisher..These findings identify miR-29b as a novel posttranscriptional regulator of PGRN expression, raising the possibility that miR-29b or other miRNAs might be targeted therapeutically to increase hPGRN levels in some FTD patients. ..
- Yao Z, Namkung W, Ko E, Park J, Tradtrantip L, Verkman A. Fractionation of a herbal antidiarrheal medicine reveals eugenol as an inhibitor of Ca2+-Activated Cl- channel TMEM16A. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38030 pubmed publisher..TMEM16A Cl(-) channel inhibition adds to the list of eugenol molecular targets and may account for some of its biological activities. ..
- Biederer C, Ries S, Moser M, Florio M, Israel M, McCormick F, et al. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors myogenin and Id2 mediate specific induction of caveolin-3 gene expression during embryonic development. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26245-51 pubmed
- Ziegelbauer J, Sullivan C, Ganem D. Tandem array-based expression screens identify host mRNA targets of virus-encoded microRNAs. Nat Genet. 2009;41:130-4 pubmed publisher..Our results support that this type of expression profiling provides a potentially general approach to the identification of miRNA targets. ..
- Gibb S, Jeanblanc J, Barak S, Yowell Q, Yaka R, Ron D. Lyn kinase regulates mesolimbic dopamine release: implication for alcohol reward. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2180-7 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a novel role for Lyn kinase in the regulation of DA release in the mesolimbic system, which leads to the control of alcohol reward. ..
- Paddy M, Belmont A, Saumweber H, Agard D, Sedat J. Interphase nuclear envelope lamins form a discontinuous network that interacts with only a fraction of the chromatin in the nuclear periphery. Cell. 1990;62:89-106 pubmed
- Fitzgerald L, Poncz M, Steiner B, Rall S, Bennett J, Phillips D. Comparison of cDNA-derived protein sequences of the human fibronectin and vitronectin receptor alpha-subunits and platelet glycoprotein IIb. Biochemistry. 1987;26:8158-65 pubmed..The identity among the protein sequences of the three receptor alpha-subunits ranges from 36.1% to 44.5%, with the Ca2+-binding domains having the greatest homology. These proteins apparently evolved by a process of gene duplication. ..
- Bermudez L, Goodman J, Petrofsky M. Role of complement receptors in uptake of Mycobacterium avium by macrophages in vivo: evidence from studies using CD18-deficient mice. Infect Immun. 1999;67:4912-6 pubmed..Our in vivo findings support the hypothesis that M. avium in the host is likely to use receptors other than CR3 and CR4 receptors to enter macrophages with increased efficiency. ..
- Marimuthu A, Feng W, Tagami T, Nguyen H, Jameson J, Fletterick R, et al. TR surfaces and conformations required to bind nuclear receptor corepressor. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:271-86 pubmed
- Cruz A, Frank B, Edwards S, Dazin P, Peschon J, Fang K. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme controls surface expression of c-Kit and survival of embryonic stem cell-derived mast cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5612-20 pubmed..These data suggest that TACE controls mast cell survival by regulating shedding and surface expression of c-Kit. ..
- Fan Y, Shen F, Chen Y, Hao Q, Liu W, Su H, et al. Overexpression of netrin-1 induces neovascularization in the adult mouse brain. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008;28:1543-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that netrin-1 plays an important role in promoting blood vessel formation in the adult rodent central nervous system, and could have broad implication in cerebrovascular development and remodeling. ..
- Haggie P, Verkman A. Unimpaired lysosomal acidification in respiratory epithelial cells in cystic fibrosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7681-6 pubmed publisher..As such, alternative mechanisms are needed to explain increased ceramide in CF airways. Non-CFTR mechanisms, such as ClC-type chloride channels, are likely involved in maintaining electroneutrality during organellar acidification. ..
- Selden N, Todhunter M, Jee N, Liu J, Broaders K, Gartner Z. Chemically programmed cell adhesion with membrane-anchored oligonucleotides. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:765-8 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the utility of this approach by imaging drug-induced changes in the membrane dynamics of non-adherent human cells that are chemically immobilized on a passivated glass surface. ..
- Beaudoin G, Schofield C, Nuwal T, Zang K, Ullian E, Huang B, et al. Afadin, a Ras/Rap effector that controls cadherin function, promotes spine and excitatory synapse density in the hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:99-110 pubmed publisher..The remaining synapses appeared to function normally. Thus, afadin is a key intracellular signaling molecule for cadherin recruitment and is necessary for spine and synapse formation in vivo. ..
- Cottrell G, Alemi F, Kirkland J, Grady E, Corvera C, Bhargava A. Localization of calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR) and receptor activity-modifying protein 1 (RAMP1) in human gastrointestinal tract. Peptides. 2012;35:202-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, CGRP and IMD appear to be released locally, where they can mediate their effect on their receptors regulating diverse functions such as inflammation, pain and motility. ..
- Ko E, Jin B, Namkung W, Ma T, Thiagarajah J, Verkman A. Chloride channel inhibition by a red wine extract and a synthetic small molecule prevents rotaviral secretory diarrhoea in neonatal mice. Gut. 2014;63:1120-9 pubmed publisher..Our results support a pathogenic role for enterocyte CaCCs in rotaviral diarrhoea and demonstrate the antidiarrhoeal action of CaCC inhibition by an alcohol-free, red wine extract and by a synthetic small molecule. ..
- Son J, Zhu J, Phuan P, Cil O, Teuthorn A, Ku C, et al. High-Potency Phenylquinoxalinone Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Activators. J Med Chem. 2017;60:2401-2410 pubmed publisher..CFTR activators have potential therapeutic indications in constipation, dry eye, cholestatic liver diseases, and inflammatory lung disorders. ..
- Shen X, Collier J, Hlaing M, Zhang L, Delshad E, Bristow J, et al. Genome-wide examination of myoblast cell cycle withdrawal during differentiation. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:128-38 pubmed..In addition, we identified several genes, including DDAH2 and Ly-6A, whose expression specifically was up-regulated during cell cycle withdrawal coincident with early myoblast differentiation. ..
- Choy L, Derynck R. Transforming growth factor-beta inhibits adipocyte differentiation by Smad3 interacting with CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) and repressing C/EBP transactivation function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9609-19 pubmed..Smad3/4 did not reduce the ability of C/EBP to bind to its cognate DNA sequence, but repressed transcription by inhibiting the transactivation function of C/EBP. ..
- Xie B, Wainberg M, Frankel A. Replication of human immunodeficiency viruses engineered with heterologous Tat-transactivation response element interactions. J Virol. 2003;77:1984-91 pubmed..Our results support the view that incremental changes to TAR structure can provide routes for evolving new Tat-TAR complexes while maintaining active viral replication. ..
- Soundararajan R, Zhang T, Wang J, Vandewalle A, Pearce D. A novel role for glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper protein in epithelial sodium channel-mediated sodium transport. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39970-81 pubmed..These observations suggest a novel link between GILZ and regulation of epithelial sodium transport through modulation of ERK signaling and could represent an important pathway for mediating aldosterone actions in health and disease. ..
- Huang L, Wojciechowski G, Ortiz de Montellano P. Role of heme-protein covalent bonds in mammalian peroxidases. Protection of the heme by a single engineered heme-protein link in horseradish peroxidase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18983-8 pubmed..The results directly establish that one function of the covalent heme-protein bonds in mammalian peroxidases is to protect their prosthetic group from their highly reactive metabolic products. ..
- Nusinow D, Hernández Muñoz I, Fazzio T, Shah G, Kraus W, Panning B. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 is inhibited by a histone H2A variant, MacroH2A, and contributes to silencing of the inactive X chromosome. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12851-9 pubmed..These results suggest that one function of macroH2A in gene silencing is to inhibit PARP-1 enzymatic activity, and this may affect PARP-1 association with chromatin. ..
- Hasdemir B, Bunnett N, Cottrell G. Hepatocyte growth factor-regulated tyrosine kinase substrate (HRS) mediates post-endocytic trafficking of protease-activated receptor 2 and calcitonin receptor-like receptor. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29646-57 pubmed..The ultimate sorting decision to degradative or recycling pathways appears to occur downstream from HRS. ..
- Shao J, Welch W, DiProspero N, Diamond M. Phosphorylation of profilin by ROCK1 regulates polyglutamine aggregation. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5196-208 pubmed publisher..A signaling pathway from ROCK1 to profilin thus controls polyglutamine protein aggregation and is targeted by a promising therapeutic lead for HD. ..
- Racki L, Yang J, Naber N, Partensky P, Acevedo A, Purcell T, et al. The chromatin remodeller ACF acts as a dimeric motor to space nucleosomes. Nature. 2009;462:1016-21 pubmed publisher..This novel dimeric motor mechanism differs from that of dimeric motors such as kinesin and dimeric helicases that processively translocate unidirectionally and reflects the unique challenges faced by motors that move nucleosomes. ..
- Cisse M, Halabisky B, Harris J, Devidze N, Dubal D, Sun B, et al. Reversing EphB2 depletion rescues cognitive functions in Alzheimer model. Nature. 2011;469:47-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, depletion of EphB2 is critical in amyloid-?-induced neuronal dysfunction. Increasing EphB2 levels or function could be beneficial in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Masuno K, Haldar S, Jeyaraj D, Mailloux C, Huang X, Panettieri R, et al. Expression profiling identifies Klf15 as a glucocorticoid target that regulates airway hyperresponsiveness. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:642-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results further characterize the GR-regulated gene network in ASM and establish a novel role for the GR target, Klf15, in modulating airway function. ..
- Bir N, Lafargue M, Howard M, Goolaerts A, Roux J, Carles M, et al. Cytoprotective-selective activated protein C attenuates Pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced lung injury in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:632-41 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa-induced lung vascular permeability and mortality, suggesting that cytoprotective-selective aPC-5A with diminished bleeding risks could attenuate the lung damage caused by P. aeruginosa in critically ill patients. ..