Experts and Doctors on carbon in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Oh M, Liao J. Gene expression profiling by DNA microarrays and metabolic fluxes in Escherichia coli. Biotechnol Prog. 2000;16:278-86 pubmed..The DNA microarray technology demonstrated here is a powerful yet economical tool for characterizing gene regulation and will prove to be useful for strain improvement and bioprocess development. ..
- Tatters A, Fu F, Hutchins D. High CO2 and silicate limitation synergistically increase the toxicity of Pseudo-nitzschia fraudulenta. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32116 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the current ecosystem and human health impacts of toxic Pseudo-nitzschia blooms could be greatly exacerbated by future ocean acidification and 'carbon fertilization' of the coastal ocean. ..
- Oh M, Rohlin L, Kao K, Liao J. Global expression profiling of acetate-grown Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13175-83 pubmed..In general, the gene expression profiles qualitatively agree with the metabolic flux changes and may serve as a predictor for gene function and metabolic flux distribution. ..
- Gin P, Hsu A, Rothman S, Jonassen T, Lee P, Tzagoloff A, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae COQ6 gene encodes a mitochondrial flavin-dependent monooxygenase required for coenzyme Q biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25308-16 pubmed..Based on sequence homology to known proteins, we suggest that COQ6 encodes a flavin-dependent monooxygenase required for one or more steps in Q biosynthesis. ..
- Kao K, Tran L, Liao J. A global regulatory role of gluconeogenic genes in Escherichia coli revealed by transcriptome network analysis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36079-87 pubmed..Reduction of this flux causes insufficient activation of CRP and a global metabolic deficiency, which exemplifies a significant feedback interaction from metabolism to the a global regulatory system. ..
- Phuleria H, Geller M, Fine P, Sioutas C. Size-resolved emissions of organic tracers from light- and heavy-duty vehicles measured in a California roadway tunnel. Environ Sci Technol. 2006;40:4109-18 pubmed..The results are compared to previously conducted PM2.5 emissions testing using dynamometer facilities and othertunnel environments. ..
- Hovanesian J. Cataract wound closure with a polymerizing liquid hydrogel ocular bandage. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:912-6 pubmed publisher..Fluid egress with external manipulation did not occur in any treated eyes but did occur in 11 (92%) control eyes. A tissue-adherent hydrogel ocular bandage created a watertight seal in clear corneal cataract wounds. ..
- Liao L, Lin Y, Bao M, Cheng R, Bai J, Liu Y, et al. High-speed graphene transistors with a self-aligned nanowire gate. Nature. 2010;467:305-8 pubmed publisher..The reported intrinsic f(T) of the graphene transistors is comparable to that of the very best high-electron-mobility transistors with similar gate lengths. ..