Experts and Doctors on bacteria in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zhang M, Yang L, Ren J, Ahlgren N, Fuhrman J, Sun F. Prediction of virus-host infectious association by supervised learning methods. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:60 pubmed publisher..The maximum likelihood approach can be used to estimate the fraction of true infectious associated viruses in viral tagging experiments. ..
- Schopf J, Farmer J, Foster I, Kudryavtsev A, Gallardo V, Espinoza C. Gypsum-permineralized microfossils and their relevance to the search for life on Mars. Astrobiology. 2012;12:619-33 pubmed publisher..Key Words: Confocal laser scanning microscopy-Gypsum fossils-Mars sample return missions-Raman spectroscopy-Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) instrument-Sulfuretum. ..
- Mayer E, Savidge T, Shulman R. Brain-gut microbiome interactions and functional bowel disorders. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1500-12 pubmed publisher..Studies are needed to better characterize alterations to the intestinal microbiome in large cohorts of well-phenotyped patients, and to correlate intestinal metabolites with specific abnormalities in gut-brain interactions. ..
- Zimmer Faust A, Thulsiraj V, Marambio Jones C, Cao Y, Griffith J, Holden P, et al. Effect of freshwater sediment characteristics on the persistence of fecal indicator bacteria and genetic markers within a Southern California watershed. Water Res. 2017;119:1-11 pubmed publisher..It is important to consider the variability in the persistence of genetic markers and FIB when evaluating indicators of fecal contamination in sediments, even within one watershed. ..
- ..Recent ideas and results in the area of racemic protein crystallography are reviewed. ..
- Ouverney C, Fuhrman J. Combined microautoradiography-16S rRNA probe technique for determination of radioisotope uptake by specific microbial cell types in situ. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1746-52 pubmed..We suggest a name for our triple-labeling technique, substrate-tracking autoradiographic fluorescent in situ hybridization (STARFISH), which should aid in the "dissection" of microbial communities by type and function. ..