Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in South San Francisco, California, United States
Locale: South San Francisco, California, United States
Publications528 found, 100 shown here
- Wong K, Valdez P, Tan C, Yeh S, Hongo J, Ouyang W. Phosphatidylserine receptor Tim-4 is essential for the maintenance of the homeostatic state of resident peritoneal macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8712-7 pubmed publisher..Resting rPMs produce higher TNF-alpha in culture. Their response to LPS, on the contrary, is dampened. Our data support an indispensible role of Tim-4 in maintaining the homeostasis of rPMs...
- Sisodiya V, Lequieu J, Rodriguez M, McDonald P, Lazzareschi K. Studying host cell protein interactions with monoclonal antibodies using high throughput protein A chromatography. Biotechnol J. 2012;7:1233-41 pubmed publisher..The reduction in the level of host cell proteins differed between antibodies suggesting that the interaction likely varies between individual antibodies but encompasses both an electrostatic and hydrophobic component. ..
- Salphati L, Pang J, Plise E, Lee L, Olivero A, Prior W, et al. Preclinical assessment of the absorption and disposition of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor GDC-0980 and prediction of its pharmacokinetics and efficacy in human. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:1785-96 pubmed publisher..GDC-0980 preclinical characterization and the predictions of its human properties supported its clinical development; it is currently in Phase II clinical trials...
- Sheng Z, Zhang S, Bustos D, Kleinheinz T, Le Pichon C, Dominguez S, et al. Ser1292 autophosphorylation is an indicator of LRRK2 kinase activity and contributes to the cellular effects of PD mutations. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4:164ra161 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Ser(1292) autophosphorylation may be a useful indicator of LRRK2 kinase activity in vivo and may contribute to the cellular effects of certain PD mutations. ..
- Ashino S, Takeda K, Li H, Taylor V, Joetham A, Pine P, et al. Janus kinase 1/3 signaling pathways are key initiators of TH2 differentiation and lung allergic responses. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1162-74 pubmed publisher..Targeting the TH2-dependent JAK/STAT activation pathway represents a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of asthma. ..
- Gadkar K, Yadav D, Zuchero J, Couch J, Kanodia J, Kenrick M, et al. Mathematical PKPD and safety model of bispecific TfR/BACE1 antibodies for the optimization of antibody uptake in brain. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;101:53-61 pubmed publisher..The model serves as a useful tool to prioritize and optimize preclinical studies and has been used to support the selection of additional candidates for further development. ..
- Heine H, Chuvala L, Riggins R, Cirz R, Cass R, Louie A, et al. Natural History of Francisella tularensis in Aerosol-Challenged BALB/c Mice. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:1834-40 pubmed publisher..For future therapeutic evaluation studies in this model using F. tularensis (SchuS4), it was determined that therapy should be initiated at 75 h postchallenge and validated by spleen involvement. ..
- Senger K, Pham V, Varfolomeev E, Hackney J, Corzo C, Collier J, et al. The kinase TPL2 activates ERK and p38 signaling to promote neutrophilic inflammation. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that TPL2 is a drug target that activates not only MEK1/2-dependent but also MEK3/6-dependent signaling to promote inflammatory responses. ..
- Hsu H, Huang J, Shu H, Baichwal V, Goeddel D. TNF-dependent recruitment of the protein kinase RIP to the TNF receptor-1 signaling complex. Immunity. 1996;4:387-96 pubmed..These results suggest that distinct domains of RIP participate in the TNF signaling cascades leading to apoptosis and NF-kappa B activation. ..
- LeCouter J, Kowalski J, Foster J, Hass P, Zhang Z, Dillard Telm L, et al. Identification of an angiogenic mitogen selective for endocrine gland endothelium. Nature. 2001;412:877-84 pubmed..EG-VEGF is an example of a class of highly specific mitogens that act to regulate proliferation and differentiation of the vascular endothelium in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Salphati L, Lee L, Pang J, Plise E, Zhang X. Role of P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein-1 in the brain penetration and brain pharmacodynamic activity of the novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor GDC-0941. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1422-6 pubmed publisher..The concerted effects of P-gp and Bcrp1 in restricting GDC-0941 access and pathway modulation in mouse brain may have implications for the treatment of patients with brain tumors...
- Walter S, Baruch A, Dong J, Tomlinson J, Alexander S, Janes J, et al. Pharmacology of AMG 416 (Velcalcetide), a novel peptide agonist of the calcium-sensing receptor, for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in hemodialysis patients. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;346:229-40 pubmed publisher..5 hours. As a long-acting CaSR agonist, AMG 416 is an innovative new therapy for the treatment of hemodialysis patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. ..
- Chisholm G, Henner D. Multiple early transcripts and splicing of the Autographa californica nuclear polyhedrosis virus IE-1 gene. J Virol. 1988;62:3193-200 pubmed..This is the first example of splicing of any viral transcript during baculovirus infection. ..
- Dowbenko D, Watson S, Lasky L. Cloning of a rat homologue of mouse GlyCAM 1 reveals conservation of structural domains. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:14399-403 pubmed
- Chuntharapai A, Gibbs V, Lu J, Ow A, Marsters S, Ashkenazi A, et al. Determination of residues involved in ligand binding and signal transmission in the human IFN-alpha receptor 2. J Immunol. 1999;163:766-73 pubmed..In summary, we have identified specific residues of hIFNAR2 important for the binding to hIFN-alpha2/1 and demonstrate that specific regions of the IFNAR interact with the subspecies of type I IFN in different manners. ..
- Leask A, Holmes A, Black C, Abraham D. Connective tissue growth factor gene regulation. Requirements for its induction by transforming growth factor-beta 2 in fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13008-15 pubmed..Thus Smads, Ras/MEK/ERK, protein kinase C, and fibroblast-enriched factors that bind GAGGAATGG act together to drive the TGF-beta-mediated induction of CTGF in fibroblasts. ..
- Batten M, Ghilardi N. The biology and therapeutic potential of interleukin 27. J Mol Med (Berl). 2007;85:661-72 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the body of knowledge on IL-27 and its potential therapeutic utility. ..
- Li B, VanRoey M, Jooss K. Recombinant IL-7 enhances the potency of GM-CSF-secreting tumor cell immunotherapy. Clin Immunol. 2007;123:155-65 pubmed..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that IL-7 augments the anti-tumor response of a GM-CSF-secreting tumor cell immunotherapy in preclinical models. ..
- Wu X, Ge H, Lemon B, Vonderfecht S, Baribault H, Weiszmann J, et al. Separating mitogenic and metabolic activities of fibroblast growth factor 19 (FGF19). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14158-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, these studies provide a road map for engineering FGF19 as a potential therapeutic candidate for treating diabetes and obesity. ..
- Wright S, Parham C, Lee B, Clarke D, Auckland L, Johnston J, et al. Perlecan domain V inhibits ?2 integrin-mediated amyloid-? neurotoxicity. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:1379-88 pubmed publisher..We propose that domain V and potentially other ?2 integrin ligands could be a new therapeutic approach for inhibiting the A? plaque deposition and neurotoxicity observed in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Grogan J, Ouyang W. A role for Th17 cells in the regulation of tertiary lymphoid follicles. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2255-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we compare and contrast LTi and Th17 cells, and review recent evidence that Th17 cells and Th17 cytokines, such as IL-17 and IL-22, contribute to the development of ectopic lymphoid structures in chronic-ally inflamed tissue. ..
- Hui E, Cheung J, Zhu J, Su X, Taylor M, Wallweber H, et al. T cell costimulatory receptor CD28 is a primary target for PD-1-mediated inhibition. Science. 2017;355:1428-1433 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that PD-1 suppresses T cell function primarily by inactivating CD28 signaling, suggesting that costimulatory pathways play key roles in regulating effector T cell function and responses to anti-PD-L1/PD-1 therapy. ..
- Gerlai R, McNamara A, Choi Lundberg D, Armanini M, Ross J, Powell Braxton L, et al. Impaired water maze learning performance without altered dopaminergic function in mice heterozygous for the GDNF mutation. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;14:1153-63 pubmed..These results suggest that endogenous GDNF may not be critical for the development and functioning of the nigrostriatal dopaminergic system but it plays an important role in cognitive abilities. ..
- Li S, Strelow A, Fontana E, Wesche H. IRAK-4: a novel member of the IRAK family with the properties of an IRAK-kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5567-72 pubmed
- Hasegawa K, Martin F, Huang G, Tumas D, Diehl L, Chan A. PEST domain-enriched tyrosine phosphatase (PEP) regulation of effector/memory T cells. Science. 2004;303:685-9 pubmed..These results revealed a central role for PEP in negatively regulating specific aspects of T cell development and function. ..
- Moran P, Li W, Fan B, Vij R, Eigenbrot C, Kirchhofer D. Pro-urokinase-type plasminogen activator is a substrate for hepsin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30439-46 pubmed..In conclusion, the ability of hepsin to efficiently activate pro-uPA suggests that it may initiate plasmin-mediated proteolytic pathways at the tumor/stroma interface that lead to basement membrane disruption and tumor progression. ..
- Loktev A, Zhang Q, Beck J, Searby C, Scheetz T, Bazan J, et al. A BBSome subunit links ciliogenesis, microtubule stability, and acetylation. Dev Cell. 2008;15:854-65 pubmed publisher..BBSome-bound BBIP10 may therefore function to couple acetylation of axonemal microtubules and ciliary membrane growth. ..
- ..Molecular studies on this functionally diverse protein family are beginning to provide us with remarkable insights into the tubby-mouse syndrome and other related diseases. ..
- Kamath A, Lu D, Gupta P, Jin D, Xiang H, Wong A, et al. Preclinical pharmacokinetics of MEHD7945A, a novel EGFR/HER3 dual-action antibody, and prediction of its human pharmacokinetics and efficacious clinical dose. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2012;69:1063-9 pubmed publisher..The nonspecific clearance in monkey was approximately twofold higher than typical humanized IgG1 antibodies. The projected human efficacious dose and dose regimen appear to be achievable in patients. ..
- Flygare J, Beresini M, Budha N, Chan H, Chan I, Cheeti S, et al. Discovery of a potent small-molecule antagonist of inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) proteins and clinical candidate for the treatment of cancer (GDC-0152). J Med Chem. 2012;55:4101-13 pubmed publisher..049 to 1.48 mg/kg) tested. Mean plasma clearance in humans was 9 ± 3 mL/min/kg, and the volume of distribution was 0.6 ± 0.2 L/kg. ..
- Watkins T, Wang B, Huntwork Rodriguez S, Yang J, Jiang Z, Eastham Anderson J, et al. DLK initiates a transcriptional program that couples apoptotic and regenerative responses to axonal injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4039-44 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that these seemingly contradictory responses to injury are mechanistically coupled through a DLK-based damage detection mechanism...
- Ferrara N, Henzel W. Pituitary follicular cells secrete a novel heparin-binding growth factor specific for vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;161:851-8 pubmed..Microsequencing reveals a unique N-terminal amino acid sequence. On the basis of its apparent target cell selectivity, we propose to name this factor vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). ..
- Scheidig A, Hynes T, Pelletier L, Wells J, Kossiakoff A. Crystal structures of bovine chymotrypsin and trypsin complexed to the inhibitor domain of Alzheimer's amyloid beta-protein precursor (APPI) and basic pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI): engineering of inhibitors with altered specificities. Protein Sci. 1997;6:1806-24 pubmed..The specificity, or lack thereof, for the other individual subsites is discussed in the context of the "allowed" residues determined from a phage display mutagenesis selection experiment. ..
- Yan M, Marsters S, Grewal I, Wang H, Ashkenazi A, Dixit V. Identification of a receptor for BLyS demonstrates a crucial role in humoral immunity. Nat Immunol. 2000;1:37-41 pubmed..Thus, BLyS activity must play a critical role in the humoral immune response. ..
- Cowan K, Law D, Phillips D. Identification of shc as the primary protein binding to the tyrosine-phosphorylated beta 3 subunit of alpha IIbbeta 3 during outside-in integrin platelet signaling. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36423-9 pubmed..Thus, Shc is the primary downstream signaling partner of beta(3) in its tyrosine phosphorylation outside-in signaling pathway. ..
- Gross M, Clements J, Beckett R, Thomas W, Taylor S, Lofland D, et al. Oral anti-pneumococcal activity and pharmacokinetic profiling of a novel peptide deformylase inhibitor. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004;53:487-93 pubmed..pneumoniae in vitro, was the first compound of this class to be profiled for oral pharmacokinetics and tissue disposition and to demonstrate oral anti-pneumococcal efficacy in mice. ..
- Helmy K, Katschke K, Gorgani N, Kljavin N, Elliott J, Diehl L, et al. CRIg: a macrophage complement receptor required for phagocytosis of circulating pathogens. Cell. 2006;124:915-27 pubmed..CRIg therefore represents a dominant component of the phagocytic system responsible for rapid clearance of C3-opsonized particles from the circulation. ..
- Chung I, Akita R, Vandlen R, Toomre D, Schlessinger J, Mellman I. Spatial control of EGF receptor activation by reversible dimerization on living cells. Nature. 2010;464:783-7 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, dimers were enriched in the cell periphery in an actin- and receptor-expression-dependent fashion, resulting in a peripheral enhancement of EGF-induced signalling that may enable polarized responses to growth factors. ..
- Junttila T, Parsons K, Olsson C, Lu Y, Xin Y, Theriault J, et al. Superior in vivo efficacy of afucosylated trastuzumab in the treatment of HER2-amplified breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:4481-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that afucosylated trastuzumab has superior efficacy in treating in vivo models of HER2-amplified breast cancer and support the development of effector function-enhanced antibodies for solid tumor therapy. ..
- Boswell C, Ferl G, Mundo E, Schweiger M, Marik J, Reich M, et al. Development and evaluation of a novel method for preclinical measurement of tissue vascular volume. Mol Pharm. 2010;7:1848-57 pubmed publisher..In addition, these observations emphasize the importance of obtaining accurate physiological parameter values for modeling antibody uptake. ..
- Shcherbatko A, Foletti D, Poulsen K, Strop P, Zhu G, Hasa Moreno A, et al. Modulation of P2X3 and P2X2/3 Receptors by Monoclonal Antibodies. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12254-70 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of 12D4 in the visceral hypersensitivity model indicates that antibodies against P2X3 may have therapeutic potential in visceral pain indications. ..
- Lyons K, Graycar J, Lee A, Hashmi S, Lindquist P, Chen E, et al. Vgr-1, a mammalian gene related to Xenopus Vg-1, is a member of the transforming growth factor beta gene superfamily. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:4554-8 pubmed..The amino acid homologies and patterns of expression suggest that, like the DPP gene product, Vgr-1 plays a role at various stages of development. ..
- LeCouter J, Lin R, Ferrara N. Endocrine gland-derived VEGF and the emerging hypothesis of organ-specific regulation of angiogenesis. Nat Med. 2002;8:913-7 pubmed..Endocrine gland-derived VEGF represents the first example of a tissue-specific angiogenic factor, likely to be followed by others. ..
- Lucas S, Ghilardi N, Li J, De Sauvage F. IL-27 regulates IL-12 responsiveness of naive CD4+ T cells through Stat1-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15047-52 pubmed..Therefore, although IL-27 is unable to drive IFN gamma production on its own, it plays an important role in the early steps of TH1 commitment by contributing in a paracrine manner to the control of IL-12 responsiveness. ..
- Tian H, Jeong J, Harfe B, Tabin C, McMahon A. Mouse Disp1 is required in sonic hedgehog-expressing cells for paracrine activity of the cholesterol-modified ligand. Development. 2005;132:133-42 pubmed..In both respects, Disp function is conserved from Drosophila to mice. ..
- Nguyen M, Huan Tu G, Gonzalez Edick M, Rivera V, Clackson T, Jooss K, et al. Rapamycin-regulated control of antiangiogenic tumor therapy following rAAV-mediated gene transfer. Mol Ther. 2007;15:912-20 pubmed..The dual properties of rapamycin--as a transcriptional inducer and mTOR inhibitor--are exploited in combination with an AAV-encoded antiangiogenic agent to provide a novel approach for the treatment of malignant diseases. ..
- Pai R, Dunlap D, Qing J, Mohtashemi I, Hotzel K, French D. Inhibition of fibroblast growth factor 19 reduces tumor growth by modulating beta-catenin signaling. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5086-95 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight that FGF19/FGFR4 cross-talk with beta-catenin and that pathway intervention reduces tumor growth. ..
- Li W, Wang B, Moran P, Lipari T, Ganesan R, Corpuz R, et al. Pegylated kunitz domain inhibitor suppresses hepsin-mediated invasive tumor growth and metastasis. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8395-402 pubmed publisher..The findings show that hepsin promotes invasive prostate tumor growth and metastasis and suggest that active site-directed hepsin inhibition could be effective in prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Kim Y, Ho S. Intestinal goblet cells and mucins in health and disease: recent insights and progress. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2010;12:319-30 pubmed publisher..Further elucidation of the regulatory mechanisms involved in mucin changes in cancer and inflammation may lead to the development of novel therapeutic approaches...
- Coffey G, DeGuzman F, Inagaki M, Pak Y, Delaney S, Ives D, et al. Specific inhibition of spleen tyrosine kinase suppresses leukocyte immune function and inflammation in animal models of rheumatoid arthritis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;340:350-9 pubmed publisher..Thus specific Syk inhibition can mimic Syk genetic deficiency to modulate immune function, providing a therapeutic strategy in P505-15 for the treatment of human diseases. ..
- CHUNG S, Quarmby V, Gao X, Ying Y, Lin L, Reed C, et al. Quantitative evaluation of fucose reducing effects in a humanized antibody on Fc? receptor binding and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity activities. MAbs. 2012;4:326-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the extent of ADCC enhancement due to fucose depletion was not affected by the Fc?RIIIa genotype of the effector cells. ..
- Xiong Y, Swaminath G, Cao Q, Yang L, Guo Q, Salomonis H, et al. Activation of FFA1 mediates GLP-1 secretion in mice. Evidence for allosterism at FFA1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;369:119-29 pubmed publisher..We conclude that allosterism at FFA1 can contribute to postprandial glucose management by stimulating insulin secretion via an extrapancreatic mechanism of action, and that GPR120 in GLP-1 secretion requires further investigation. ..
- Flannick J, Thorleifsson G, Beer N, Jacobs S, Grarup N, Burtt N, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2014;46:357-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, loss-of-function mutations in humans provide strong evidence that SLC30A8 haploinsufficiency protects against T2D, suggesting ZnT8 inhibition as a therapeutic strategy in T2D prevention. ..
- Hanan E, Baumgardner M, Bryan M, Chen Y, Eigenbrot C, Fan P, et al. 4-Aminoindazolyl-dihydrofuro[3,4-d]pyrimidines as non-covalent inhibitors of mutant epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:534-539 pubmed publisher..Using an optimization strategy focused on structure-based design and improving PK properties through metabolite identification, we obtained advanced leads with high oral exposure. ..
- Basi G, Feinberg H, Oshidari F, Anderson J, Barbour R, Baker J, et al. Structural correlates of antibodies associated with acute reversal of amyloid beta-related behavioral deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3417-27 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a structural basis for immunotherapeutic strategies targeting Abeta species postulated to underlie cognitive deficits in AD. ..
- Giannetti A, Zheng X, Skelton N, Wang W, Bravo B, Bair K, et al. Fragment-based identification of amides derived from trans-2-(pyridin-3-yl)cyclopropanecarboxylic acid as potent inhibitors of human nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT). J Med Chem. 2014;57:770-92 pubmed publisher..0051 ?M, A2780 cell culture IC50 = 0.000?49 ?M) which demonstrated encouraging in vivo efficacy in an HT-1080 mouse xenograft tumor model. ..
- Keyt B, Berleau L, Nguyen H, Chen H, Heinsohn H, Vandlen R, et al. The carboxyl-terminal domain (111-165) of vascular endothelial growth factor is critical for its mitogenic potency. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:7788-95 pubmed..The present findings indicate that removal of the carboxyl-terminal domain, whether it is due to alternative splicing of mRNA or to proteolysis, is associated with a significant loss in bioactivity. ..
- Presta L, Sims P, Meng Y, Moran P, Bullens S, Bunting S, et al. Generation of a humanized, high affinity anti-tissue factor antibody for use as a novel antithrombotic therapeutic. Thromb Haemost. 2001;85:379-89 pubmed..The humanized D3 antibodies may be utilized for treatment of cardiovascular diseases which involve tissue factor activity, e.g. acute coronary syndrome and venous thrombosis. ..
- Leow C, Polakis P, Gao W. A role for Hath1, a bHLH transcription factor, in colon adenocarcinoma. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1059:174-83 pubmed
- Yauch R, Gould S, Scales S, Tang T, Tian H, Ahn C, et al. A paracrine requirement for hedgehog signalling in cancer. Nature. 2008;455:406-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies demonstrate a paracrine requirement for Hh ligand signalling in the tumorigenesis of Hh-expressing cancers and have important implications for the development of Hh pathway antagonists in cancer. ..
- Yang Y, Lu J, Wu X, Summer S, Whoriskey J, Saris C, et al. G-protein-coupled receptor 35 is a target of the asthma drugs cromolyn disodium and nedocromil sodium. Pharmacology. 2010;86:1-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GPR35 may play an important role in mast cell biology and be a potential target for the treatment of asthma. ..
- Lee J, Wood W. Assignment of heregulin (HGL) to human chromosome 8p22-p11 by PCR analysis of somatic cell hybrid DNA. Genomics. 1993;16:790-1 pubmed
- Carver Moore K, Broxmeyer H, Luoh S, Cooper S, Peng J, Burstein S, et al. Low levels of erythroid and myeloid progenitors in thrombopoietin-and c-mpl-deficient mice. Blood. 1996;88:803-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the megakaryocytopoietic activity of other cytokines in the absence of a functional TPO or c-mpl gene was shown both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Ross S, Spencer S, Lasky L, Koeppen H. Selective expression of murine prostate stem cell antigen in fetal and adult tissues and the transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate model of prostate carcinogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2001;158:809-16 pubmed
- Segarini P, Nesbitt J, Li D, Hays L, Yates J, Carmichael D. The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/alpha2-macroglobulin receptor is a receptor for connective tissue growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40659-67 pubmed..Last, CTGF is rapidly internalized and degraded and this process is LRP-dependent. In summary, our data indicate that LRP is a receptor for CTGF, and may play an important role in mediating CTGF biology. ..
- Newton K, French D, Yan M, Frantz G, Dixit V. Myodegeneration in EDA-A2 transgenic mice is prevented by XEDAR deficiency. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1608-13 pubmed..These data indicate that XEDAR-transduced signals are dispensable for development of ectoderm-derived organs but might play a role in skeletal muscle homeostasis. ..
- Craven S, Lim K, Ye W, Engel J, de Sauvage F, Rosenthal A. Gata2 specifies serotonergic neurons downstream of sonic hedgehog. Development. 2004;131:1165-73 pubmed..Our findings reveal that the identity of closely related 5-HT subclasses occurs through distinct responses of adjacent rostrocaudal progenitor domains to broad ventral inducers. ..
- Korsisaari N, Ross J, Wu X, Kowanetz M, Pal N, Hall L, et al. Blocking vascular endothelial growth factor-A inhibits the growth of pituitary adenomas and lowers serum prolactin level in a mouse model of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:249-58 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the vascular density in pancreatic islet tumors was significantly reduced by the treatment. These results suggest that VEGF-A blockade may represent a nonsurgical treatment for benign tumors of the endocrine system. ..
- Adams C, Totpal K, Lawrence D, Marsters S, Pitti R, Yee S, et al. Structural and functional analysis of the interaction between the agonistic monoclonal antibody Apomab and the proapoptotic receptor DR5. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:751-61 pubmed publisher..These results provide structural and functional insight into the interaction of Apomab with DR5 and support further investigation of this antibody for cancer therapy. ..
- Evangelista M, Lim T, Lee J, Parker L, Ashique A, Peterson A, et al. Kinome siRNA screen identifies regulators of ciliogenesis and hedgehog signal transduction. Sci Signal. 2008;1:ra7 pubmed publisher..Finally, with zebrafish as model organism, we showed that Cdc2l1 activated the Hh pathway in vivo. We propose that Cdc2l1 is a previously unrecognized member of the Hh signal transduction cascade. ..
- MALIK F, Hartman J, Elias K, Morgan B, Rodriguez H, Brejc K, et al. Cardiac myosin activation: a potential therapeutic approach for systolic heart failure. Science. 2011;331:1439-43 pubmed publisher..Cardiac myosin activation may provide a new therapeutic approach for systolic heart failure. ..
- Connolly B, Petry C, Yadav S, Demeule B, Ciaccio N, Moore J, et al. Weak interactions govern the viscosity of concentrated antibody solutions: high-throughput analysis using the diffusion interaction parameter. Biophys J. 2012;103:69-78 pubmed publisher..Our approach is particularly applicable as a screening tool for selecting mAbs with desirable viscosity properties early during lead candidate selection. ..
- Strop P, Liu S, Dorywalska M, Delaria K, Dushin R, Tran T, et al. Location matters: site of conjugation modulates stability and pharmacokinetics of antibody drug conjugates. Chem Biol. 2013;20:161-7 pubmed publisher..With this method, it is possible to produce homogeneous ADCs and tune their properties to maximize the therapeutic window. ..
- Chang M, Lowe D, Lewis M, Hellmiss R, Chen E, Goeddel D. Differential activation by atrial and brain natriuretic peptides of two different receptor guanylate cyclases. Nature. 1989;341:68-72 pubmed..These observations may have important implications for our understanding of the central and peripheral control of cardiovascular homeostasis. ..
- Powell Braxton L, Hollingshead P, Giltinan D, Pitts Meek S, Stewart T. Inactivation of the IGF-I gene in mice results in perinatal lethality. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1993;692:300-1 pubmed
- Luoh S, Stefanich E, Solar G, Steinmetz H, Lipari T, Pestina T, et al. Role of the distal half of the c-Mpl intracellular domain in control of platelet production by thrombopoietin in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:507-15 pubmed
- LeCouter J, Lin R, Frantz G, Zhang Z, Hillan K, Ferrara N. Mouse endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor: a distinct expression pattern from its human ortholog suggests different roles as a regulator of organ-specific angiogenesis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2606-16 pubmed..We propose that mouse EG-VEGF, like human EG-VEGF, plays a role in regulating the phenotype and growth properties of endothelial cells within distinct capillary beds. ..
- Mao W, Luis E, Ross S, Silva J, Tan C, Crowley C, et al. EphB2 as a therapeutic antibody drug target for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:781-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that ephB2 is an attractive target for immunoconjugate cancer therapy. ..
- Li B, Lin J, VanRoey M, Jure Kunkel M, Jooss K. Established B16 tumors are rejected following treatment with GM-CSF-secreting tumor cell immunotherapy in combination with anti-4-1BB mAb. Clin Immunol. 2007;125:76-87 pubmed..In summary, an agonistic anti-4-1BB mAb combined with GM-CSF-secreting tumor cell immunotherapy may provide a novel and potent treatment strategy for patients with cancer. ..
- ..Consequently, the restoration of tissue homeostasis helps to attenuate the inflammatory responses involving various immune cells. ..