Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
Publications1384 found, 100 shown here
- Wellisz T, Armstrong J, Cambridge J, Fisher T. Ostene, a new water-soluble bone hemostasis agent. J Craniofac Surg. 2006;17:420-5 pubmed..Ostene provides the clinician a water-soluble bone hemostasis material that does not demonstrate the adverse tissue response or the interference with bone healing seen with the use of bone wax. ..
- Ji C, Shinohara M, Kuhlenkamp J, Chan C, Kaplowitz N. Mechanisms of protection by the betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase/betaine system in HepG2 cells and primary mouse hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2007;46:1586-96 pubmed..This system also exhibits a more generalized effect on liver lipids by inducing ApoB expression and increasing S-adenosylmethionine/S-adenosylhomocysteine. ..
- Shi G, Yau K, Chen J, Kefalov V. Signaling properties of a short-wave cone visual pigment and its role in phototransduction. J Neurosci. 2007;27:10084-93 pubmed..Furthermore, transgenic cone arrestin was not able to rescue the slow shutoff of S-pigment dim-flash response in arr1-/- rods. Thus, the connection between rod/cone arrestins and S-pigment shutoff remains unclear...
- Shao X, Tan W, Xiu J, Puskar N, Fonck C, Lester H, et al. Alpha4* nicotinic receptors in preBotzinger complex mediate cholinergic/nicotinic modulation of respiratory rhythm. J Neurosci. 2008;28:519-28 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, functional alpha4* nAChRs are present in XII nucleus and mediate cholinergic/nicotinic modulation of tonic activity in XIIn. ..
- Maalouf M, Rho J. Oxidative impairment of hippocampal long-term potentiation involves activation of protein phosphatase 2A and is prevented by ketone bodies. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:3322-30 pubmed publisher..We propose that oxidative impairment of hippocampal LTP is associated with PP2A activation, and that KB prevent this impairment in part by inducing PP2A inhibition through an antioxidant mechanism. ..
- Konopka G, Bomar J, Winden K, Coppola G, Jonsson Z, Gao F, et al. Human-specific transcriptional regulation of CNS development genes by FOXP2. Nature. 2009;462:213-7 pubmed publisher..Because FOXP2 has an important role in speech and language in humans, the identified targets may have a critical function in the development and evolution of language circuitry in humans. ..
- Li X, Wu K, Edman M, Schenke Layland K, MacVeigh Aloni M, Janga S, et al. Increased expression of cathepsins and obesity-induced proinflammatory cytokines in lacrimal glands of male NOD mouse. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5019-29 pubmed publisher..Differentially expressed genes were further investigated at the protein level to correlate changes in location and abundance with development of disease...
- Lawal H, Chang H, Terrell A, Brooks E, Pulido D, Simon A, et al. The Drosophila vesicular monoamine transporter reduces pesticide-induced loss of dopaminergic neurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;40:102-12 pubmed publisher..These results are the first to demonstrate an interaction between a VMAT and pesticides in vivo, and provide an important model to investigate the mechanisms by which pesticides and cellular DA may interact to kill dopaminergic cells. ..
- Rivas M, Koh Y, Chen A, Nguyen A, Lee Y, Lawson G, et al. MyD88 is critically involved in immune tolerance breakdown at environmental interfaces of Foxp3-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1933-47 pubmed publisher..Moreover, microbial factors may play a substantial role in the pathogenesis of human autoimmune disease resulting from Treg deficiency. ..
- Lu S, Mato J. S-adenosylmethionine in liver health, injury, and cancer. Physiol Rev. 2012;92:1515-42 pubmed publisher..In experimental models, it is effective as a chemopreventive agent in HCC and perhaps other forms of cancer as well. ..
- Xu J, Escamilla J, Mok S, David J, Priceman S, West B, et al. CSF1R signaling blockade stanches tumor-infiltrating myeloid cells and improves the efficacy of radiotherapy in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2782-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they suggest that CSF1 inhibitors should be evaluated in clinical trials in combination with radiotherapy as a strategy to improve outcomes. ..
- Cheema A, Maier I, Dowdy T, Wang Y, Singh R, Ruegger P, et al. Chemopreventive Metabolites Are Correlated with a Change in Intestinal Microbiota Measured in A-T Mice and Decreased Carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151190 pubmed publisher..These results for the first time suggest a possible correlation of metabolic alterations and carcinogenesis, modulated by intestinal microbiota in A-T mice. ..
- Jonassen T, Clarke C. Isolation and functional expression of human COQ3, a gene encoding a methyltransferase required for ubiquinone biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12381-7 pubmed..In vitro methyltransferase assays using farnesylated analogues of intermediates in the coenzyme Q biosynthetic pathway as substrates showed that the human enzyme is active with all three substrates tested. ..
- Bruemmer D, Yin F, Liu J, Berger J, Kiyono T, Chen J, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma inhibits expression of minichromosome maintenance proteins in vascular smooth muscle cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:1005-18 pubmed..These findings provide strong evidence that activation of PPARgamma attenuates MCM7 transcription and support the important role of this nuclear receptor in regulating vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. ..
- Song C, Jiang H, Mancuso A, Amirbekian B, Peng L, Sun R, et al. Quantitative imaging of single, unstained viruses with coherent x rays. Phys Rev Lett. 2008;101:158101 pubmed..Moreover, our experiment is directly transferable to the use of x-ray free electron lasers, and represents an experimental milestone towards the x-ray imaging of large protein complexes. ..
- Chow D, Frye M. The neuro-ecology of resource localization in Drosophila: behavioral components of perception and search. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:50-61 pubmed..Here we synthesize a broad perspective that integrates across ultimate and proximate mechanisms of odor tracking in Drosophila. ..
- Mostany R, Chowdhury T, Johnston D, Portonovo S, Carmichael S, Portera Cailliau C. Local hemodynamics dictate long-term dendritic plasticity in peri-infarct cortex. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14116-26 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that maintaining tissue perfusion in the area surrounding the infarct could hasten or augment synaptic plasticity and functional recovery after stroke. ..
- Srikanth S, Yee M, Gwack Y, Ribalet B. The third transmembrane segment of orai1 protein modulates Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ (CRAC) channel gating and permeation properties. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35318-28 pubmed publisher..In addition, to controlling selectivity, TMIII may also stabilize channel gating in a closed state in the absence of STIM1 in a Trp-176-dependent manner. ..
- Askarinam A, James A, Zara J, Goyal R, Corselli M, Pan A, et al. Human perivascular stem cells show enhanced osteogenesis and vasculogenesis with Nel-like molecule I protein. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:1386-97 pubmed publisher..These findings hold significant implications for the cell/protein combination therapy hPSC+NELL-1 in the development of strategies for vascularized bone regeneration. ..
- Eshraghi A, Maldonado Arocho F, Gargi A, Cardwell M, Prouty M, Blanke S, et al. Cytolethal distending toxin family members are differentially affected by alterations in host glycans and membrane cholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18199-207 pubmed publisher..The findings presented here provide insight into the molecular and cellular basis of CDT-host interactions...
- Zhong S, Machida K, Tsukamoto H, Johnson D. Alcohol induces RNA polymerase III-dependent transcription through c-Jun by co-regulating TATA-binding protein (TBP) and Brf1 expression. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2393-401 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a new class of genes that are regulated by alcohol through the co-regulation of TFIIIB components and define a central role for c-Jun in this process. ..
- VonHoldt B, Pollinger J, Earl D, Knowles J, Boyko A, Parker H, et al. A genome-wide perspective on the evolutionary history of enigmatic wolf-like canids. Genome Res. 2011;21:1294-305 pubmed publisher..Such admixture complicates decisions regarding endangered species restoration and protection. ..
- Lin H, Zaidel O, Hum S. Intestinal transit of fat depends on accelerating effect of cholecystokinin and slowing effect of an opioid pathway. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:2217-21 pubmed..05) of naloxone occurred later. We conclude that fat-induced jejunal brake depends on the early accelerating effect of CCK and the later slowing effect of a naloxone-sensitive opioid pathway. ..
- Fox I, Kornblum H. Developmental profile of ErbB receptors in murine central nervous system: implications for functional interactions. J Neurosci Res. 2005;79:584-97 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that ErbB receptors might mediate multiple functions in central nervous system development, some of which may be initiated by EGFR/ErbB4 heterodimers in vivo. ..
- Sala Rabanal M, Loo D, Hirayama B, Turk E, Wright E. Molecular interactions between dipeptides, drugs and the human intestinal H+ -oligopeptide cotransporter hPEPT1. J Physiol. 2006;574:149-66 pubmed
- Radu R, Yuan Q, Hu J, Peng J, Lloyd M, Nusinowitz S, et al. Accelerated accumulation of lipofuscin pigments in the RPE of a mouse model for ABCA4-mediated retinal dystrophies following Vitamin A supplementation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:3821-9 pubmed publisher..Here the authors tested the hypothesis that dietary supplementation with vitamin A may accelerate lipofuscin pigment formation in abca4(-/-) mice...
- Wen X, Zou Y, Luo W, Goldberg M, Moats R, Conti P, et al. Biglycan overexpression on tooth enamel formation in transgenic mice. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008;291:1246-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that increasing the biglycan expression, in the cells that synthesize the precursor protein matrix for enamel, has a negligible influence on amelogenesis...
- Meachen Samuels J, Van Valkenburgh B. Forelimb indicators of prey-size preference in the Felidae. J Morphol. 2009;270:729-44 pubmed publisher..This morphometric technique worked well to separate prey-size preference in felids, but did not work as well to separate locomotor groups, as scansorial and terrestrial felids were not clearly distinguished...
- Moftakhar P, Hauptman J, Malkasian D, Martin N. Cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Part 2: physiology. Neurosurg Focus. 2009;26:E11 pubmed publisher..As knowledge in this field continues to progress, the natural history and predicted behavior of these AVMs will become more clearly elucidated. ..
- Eivers E, Demagny H, De Robertis E. Integration of BMP and Wnt signaling via vertebrate Smad1/5/8 and Drosophila Mad. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2009;20:357-65 pubmed publisher..We summarize here the significance of linker-phosphorylated Smad1/Mad in relation to signal intensity and duration, and how this integrates the Wnt and BMP pathways during cell differentiation. ..
- Tulloch A, Chun Y, Levi D, Mohanchandra K, Carman G, Lawrence P, et al. Super hydrophilic thin film nitinol demonstrates reduced platelet adhesion compared with commercially available endograft materials. J Surg Res. 2011;171:317-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the hydrophilic surface may confer thromboresistance in vivo, suggesting that S-TFN is a possible superior material for covering stents. ..
- Moore K, Chen R, Cilluffo M, Golden J, Phelps P. Lis1 reduction causes tangential migratory errors in mouse spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:1198-211 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Lis1 is required for the dorsally directed tangential migration of many sympathetic and parasympathetic preganglionic neurons and a subset of somatic motor neurons. ..
- Kagan B. Membrane pores in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disease. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2012;107:295-325 pubmed publisher..The molecular structure of these pores may resemble the ?-barrel structure of the toxics pore formed by bacterial toxins, such as staphylococcal ?-hemolysin, anthrax toxin, and Clostridium perfringolysin. ..
- Chua J, Zhou W, Ho J, Patel N, Mackensen G, Mahajan A. Acute right ventricular pressure overload compromises left ventricular function by altering septal strain and rotation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;115:186-93 pubmed publisher..05). Our results suggest that acute RVPO impairs LV performance by primarily altering septal strain and apical rotation. ..
- Turlo K, Leung C, Seo J, Goulbourne C, Adeyo O, Gin P, et al. Equivalent binding of wild-type lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and S447X-LPL to GPIHBP1, the endothelial cell LPL transporter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1841:963-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that increased binding of S447X-LPL to GPIHBP1 is unlikely to be the explanation for more efficient lipolysis and lower plasma triglyceride levels in S447X carriers. ..
- Minciacchi V, Spinelli C, Reis Sobreiro M, Cavallini L, You S, Zandian M, et al. MYC Mediates Large Oncosome-Induced Fibroblast Reprogramming in Prostate Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2306-2317 pubmed publisher..This mechanism offers potential alternative options for patient treatment. Cancer Res; 77(9); 2306-17. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Theimer C, Blois C, Feigon J. Structure of the human telomerase RNA pseudoknot reveals conserved tertiary interactions essential for function. Mol Cell. 2005;17:671-82 pubmed..These studies reveal that a conserved pseudoknot tertiary structure is required for telomerase activity. ..
- Vagin O, Tokhtaeva E, Yakubov I, Shevchenko E, Sachs G. Inverse correlation between the extent of N-glycan branching and intercellular adhesion in epithelia. Contribution of the Na,K-ATPase beta1 subunit. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2192-202 pubmed..These results suggest epithelial cells can regulate tightness of cell junctions via remodeling of N-glycans, including those linked to the Na,K-ATPase beta(1)-subunit. ..
- Holschneider D, Guo Y, Roch M, Norman K, Scremin O. Acetylcholinesterase inhibition and locomotor function after motor-sensory cortex impact injury. J Neurotrauma. 2011;28:1909-19 pubmed publisher..Potential benefits of cholinesterase inhibition on locomotor function have to be weighed against the evidence of the narrow range of useful doses. ..
- Vagin O, Dada L, Tokhtaeva E, Sachs G. The Na-K-ATPase ???? heterodimer as a cell adhesion molecule in epithelia. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;302:C1271-81 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a possible role of N-glycans linked to the Na-K-ATPase ?(1) subunit in regulation of epithelial junctions by modulating ?(1)-?(1) interactions is discussed. ..
- Danciger M, Bowes C, Kozak C, LaVail M, Farber D. Fine mapping of a putative rd cDNA and its co-segregation with rd expression. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1990;31:1427-32 pubmed..408 is at or near the rd locus. These two studies add evidence to the existing data, which suggest that zr.408 is the correspondent of the rd gene. ..
- Pushkin A, Yip K, Clark I, Abuladze N, Kwon T, Tsuruoka S, et al. NBC3 expression in rabbit collecting duct: colocalization with vacuolar H+-ATPase. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:F974-81 pubmed..The close association of NBC3 and the vacuolar H+-ATPase in type A intercalated cells suggests a potential structural/functional interaction between the two transporters. ..
- Kast H, Nguyen C, Sinal C, Jones S, Laffitte B, Reue K, et al. Farnesoid X-activated receptor induces apolipoprotein C-II transcription: a molecular mechanism linking plasma triglyceride levels to bile acids. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:1720-8 pubmed..These results identify a mechanism whereby FXR and its ligands lower plasma triglyceride levels. These findings may have important implications in the clinical management of hyperlipidemias. ..
- Iso T, Chung G, Hamamori Y, Kedes L. HERP1 is a cell type-specific primary target of Notch. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6598-607 pubmed..Given that Notch signaling plays a crucial role in vascular development, Notch may derive its function via HERP family members. ..
- Gambhir S. Molecular imaging of cancer with positron emission tomography. Nat Rev Cancer. 2002;2:683-93 pubmed..PET should become increasingly important in cancer imaging in the next decade. ..
- Slice L, Hodikian R, Zhukova E. Gastrin and EGF synergistically induce cyclooxygenase-2 expression in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts that express the CCK2 receptor. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:454-63 pubmed..Conversely, gastrin significantly increased COX-2 gene transcription rates but did not enhance COX-2 mRNA stability. ..
- Hazra S, Xiong S, Wang J, Rippe R, Krishna V, Chatterjee K, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma induces a phenotypic switch from activated to quiescent hepatic stellate cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11392-401 pubmed..In summary, our results demonstrate that the restoration of PPARgamma reverses the activated HSC to the quiescent phenotype and suppresses AP-1 activity via a physical interaction between PPARgamma and JunD. ..
- Sun J, Ahmad S, Chen S, Tang W, Zhang Y, Chen P, et al. Cochlear gap junctions coassembled from Cx26 and 30 show faster intercellular Ca2+ signaling than homomeric counterparts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C613-23 pubmed
- Shiomi N, Cui X, Yamamoto T, Saito T, Shuler C. Inhibition of SMAD2 expression prevents murine palatal fusion. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1785-93 pubmed..The results indicated that the endogenous SMAD2 level is crucial in the regulation of disappearance of MEE during palatal fusion. ..
- Eivers E, Fuentealba L, Sander V, Clemens J, Hartnett L, De Robertis E. Mad is required for wingless signaling in wing development and segment patterning in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6543 pubmed publisher..In Xenopus embryos, segmental border formation was disrupted by Smad8 depletion. The results show that Mad is required for Wingless signaling and for the integration of gradients of positional information. ..
- Ribas V, Nguyen M, Henstridge D, Nguyen A, Beaven S, Watt M, et al. Impaired oxidative metabolism and inflammation are associated with insulin resistance in ERalpha-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E304-19 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that ERalpha is critical for the maintenance of whole body insulin action and protection against tissue inflammation during both normal chow and high-fat feeding. ..
- Nguyen H, Rocha M, Chintalacharuvu K, Beenhouwer D. Detection and quantification of Panton-Valentine leukocidin in Staphylococcus aureus cultures by ELISA and Western blotting: diethylpyrocarbonate inhibits binding of protein A to IgG. J Immunol Methods. 2010;356:1-5 pubmed publisher..In Western blotting, the presence of DEPC prevented the binding of detecting antibody to Spa. These modified ELISA and Western blot techniques should prove useful for detecting and quantifying proteins in S. aureus culture supernatants. ..
- Ramakrishnan S, Lee W, Navarre S, Kozlowski D, Wayne N. Acquisition of spontaneous electrical activity during embryonic development of gonadotropin-releasing hormone-3 neurons located in the terminal nerve of transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;168:401-7 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first neurophysiological investigation of developing GnRH neurons in live embryos--an important advancement in understanding their potential non-reproductive roles during embryogenesis. ..
- ..Structural lesions are of collagen type III within glomerular basement membranes, different in distribution to collagenofibrotic glomerulopathy. The clinical course is variable. ..
- Christensen A, Micevych P. CAV1 siRNA reduces membrane estrogen receptor-? levels and attenuates sexual receptivity. Endocrinology. 2012;153:3872-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, CAV1-mediated ER? trafficking to the cell membrane is required for estradiol activation of circuits underlying female sexual receptivity. ..
- Toledano Y, Zonis S, Ren S, Wawrowsky K, Chesnokova V, Melmed S. Estradiol partially recapitulates murine pituitary cell cycle response to pregnancy. Endocrinology. 2012;153:5011-22 pubmed..Murine pituitary meets the demand for prolactin during lactation associated with induction of both cell proliferative and inhibitory pathways, mediated, at least partially, by estradiol. ..
- Milanesi A, Lee J, Li Z, DA Sacco S, Villani V, Cervantes V, et al. ?-Cell regeneration mediated by human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42177 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated the possible benefit of hBMSCs for the treatment of insulin-dependent diabetes and gives new insight into the mechanism of ?-cell recovery after injury mediated by hBMSC therapy. ..
- Hirano A, Liu X, Boulter J, Grove J, PÃ©rez de Sevilla MÃ¼ller L, Barnes S, et al. Targeted Deletion of Vesicular GABA Transporter from Retinal Horizontal Cells Eliminates Feedback Modulation of Photoreceptor Calcium Channels. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..The results suggest that vesicular release of GABA from horizontal cells is required for feedback inhibition of photoreceptors. ..
- Odegaard B, Knight R, Lau H. Should a Few Null Findings Falsify Prefrontal Theories of Conscious Perception?. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9593-9602 pubmed publisher..Postle, Christof Koch, and Giulio Tononi. ..
- Luo S, Baumeister P, Yang S, Abcouwer S, Lee A. Induction of Grp78/BiP by translational block: activation of the Grp78 promoter by ATF4 through and upstream ATF/CRE site independent of the endoplasmic reticulum stress elements. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37375-85 pubmed..Our studies resolve a mechanism responsible for inhibition of Grp78 mRNA induction by ER stress in cells that are functionally null for PERK or devoid of eIF2alpha phosphorylation. ..
- Shi S, Yu G, Lai M. Multiple type A/B heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs) can replace hnRNP A1 in mouse hepatitis virus RNA synthesis. J Virol. 2003;77:10584-93 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that the functions of hnRNP A1 in MHV RNA synthesis can be replaced by other closely related hnRNPs, further supporting the roles of cellular proteins in MHV RNA synthesis. ..
- She H, Xiong S, Hazra S, Tsukamoto H. Adipogenic transcriptional regulation of hepatic stellate cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4959-67 pubmed..These results support the importance of adipogenic transcriptional regulation in HSC quiescence and provide a new framework for identifying novel molecular targets for the treatment of liver cirrhosis. ..
- Schweizer F, Savin D, Luu C, Sultemeier D, Hoffman L. Distribution of high-conductance calcium-activated potassium channels in rat vestibular epithelia. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:134-45 pubmed publisher..The predominance of BK-positive hair cells within the medial striola of juvenile animals suggests that they contribute to a scheme of highly lateralized coding of linear head movements during late development. ..
- Riquier Brison A, Leong P, Pihakaski Maunsbach K, McDonough A. Angiotensin II stimulates trafficking of NHE3, NaPi2, and associated proteins into the proximal tubule microvilli. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F177-86 pubmed publisher..In summary, in response to 20 min ANG II in the absence of a change in BP or GFR, multiple proteins traffic into the PT brush-border microvilli where they likely contribute to the rapid increase in PT salt and water reabsorption. ..
- Richler E, Shigetomi E, Khakh B. Neuronal P2X2 receptors are mobile ATP sensors that explore the plasma membrane when activated. J Neurosci. 2011;31:16716-30 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first direct measures of P2X receptor mobility and show that P2X2 receptors are mobile ATP sensors, sampling more of the dendritic plasma membrane in response to ATP. ..
- Labrousse A, Shurland D, van der Bliek A. Contribution of the GTPase domain to the subcellular localization of dynamin in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:3227-39 pubmed..Our results suggest that different dynamin domains contribute to axonal transport and the sequestration of a pool of dynamin molecules in synaptic cytosol. ..
- Naidenko O, Maher J, Ernst W, Sakai T, Modlin R, Kronenberg M. Binding and antigen presentation of ceramide-containing glycolipids by soluble mouse and human CD1d molecules. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1069-80 pubmed
- Leonova L, Kokryakov V, Aleshina G, Hong T, Nguyen T, Zhao C, et al. Circular minidefensins and posttranslational generation of molecular diversity. J Leukoc Biol. 2001;70:461-4 pubmed..A system wherein two demidefensin genes can produce three circular minidefensins might allow n such genes to produce (n/2)(n+1) peptides. ..
- Kwan R, Burnside J, Kurosaki T, Cheng G. MEKK1 is essential for DT40 cell apoptosis in response to microtubule disruption. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7183-90 pubmed
- Song B, Marvizon J. Peptidases prevent mu-opioid receptor internalization in dorsal horn neurons by endogenously released opioids. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1847-58 pubmed..These findings indicate that peptidases prevent the activation of extrasynaptic MOR-1 in dorsal horn neurons. ..
- Walwyn W, Evans C, Hales T. Beta-arrestin2 and c-Src regulate the constitutive activity and recycling of mu opioid receptors in dorsal root ganglion neurons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5092-104 pubmed
- Ma Q, Harris White M, Ubeda O, Simmons M, Beech W, Lim G, et al. Evidence of Abeta- and transgene-dependent defects in ERK-CREB signaling in Alzheimer's models. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1594-607 pubmed..These effects were reversed by anti-oligomer. Our data strongly support the existence of an APPsw transgene-dependent and Abeta oligomer-mediated defect in regulation of ERK activation. ..
- Vergnes L, Chin R, Young S, Reue K. Heart-type fatty acid-binding protein is essential for efficient brown adipose tissue fatty acid oxidation and cold tolerance. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:380-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FABP3 levels are a determinant of fatty acid oxidation efficiency by brown adipose tissue and that FABP3 represents a potential target for modulation of energy dissipation. ..
- Paik S, Ringach D. Retinal origin of orientation maps in visual cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:919-25 pubmed publisher..Further, it offers a possible account for the emergence of orientation tuning in single neurons despite the absence of orderly orientation maps in rodents species...
- Pritchard V, Dimond L, Harrison J, S Velázquez C, Zieba J, Burton R, et al. Interpopulation hybridization results in widespread viability selection across the genome in Tigriopus californicus. BMC Genet. 2011;12:54 pubmed publisher..Distorted loci are clustered within specific linkage groups, and the direction of distortion differs between chromosomes. This segregation distortion is due to selection acting between hatching and adulthood. ..
- Davies B, Beigneux A, Fong L, Young S. New wrinkles in lipoprotein lipase biology. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2012;23:35-42 pubmed publisher..These new discoveries open new doors for understanding basic mechanisms of lipolysis and hyperlipidemia. ..
- Fuxjager M, Barske J, Du S, Day L, Schlinger B. Androgens regulate gene expression in avian skeletal muscles. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51482 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings imply that androgens have the potential to act on avian muscle in a way that may enhance the physicality required for successful reproduction. ..
- Kosuri S, Church G. Large-scale de novo DNA synthesis: technologies and applications. Nat Methods. 2014;11:499-507 pubmed publisher..In addition, we discuss emerging applications enabled by large-scale de novo DNA constructs, as well as the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. ..
- Rose B, Yokota T, Chintalgattu V, Ren S, Iruela Arispe L, Khakoo A, et al. Cardiac myocyte p38? kinase regulates angiogenesis via myocyte-endothelial cell cross-talk during stress-induced remodeling in the heart. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12787-12800 pubmed publisher..We conclude that as part of a stress-induced signaling pathway, p38 MAPK activity significantly contributes to both pathological and compensatory remodeling in the heart. ..
- Guo S, Wu X, Shimoide A, Wong J, Sawicki M. Anomalous overexpression of p27(Kip1) in sporadic pancreatic endocrine tumors. J Surg Res. 2001;96:284-8 pubmed..We hypothesize that in malignant sporadic PETs, p27(Kip1) expression would be decreased compared with benign PETs and normal pancreatic tissue...
- Sen L, Hong Y, Luo H, Cui G, Laks H. Efficiency, efficacy, and adverse effects of adenovirus vs. liposome-mediated gene therapy in cardiac allografts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1433-41 pubmed