Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Publications464 found, 100 shown here
- Wulff H, Calabresi P, Allie R, Yun S, Pennington M, Beeton C, et al. The voltage-gated Kv1.3 K(+) channel in effector memory T cells as new target for MS. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1703-13 pubmed..Selective targeting of Kv1.3 in T(EM) cells may therefore hold therapeutic promise for MS and other T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Youn J, Sweet P, Peavy G, Venugopalan V. Mid-IR laser ablation of articular and fibro-cartilage: a wavelength dependence study of thermal injury and crater morphology. Lasers Surg Med. 2006;38:218-28 pubmed..It is further observed that the use of crater dimensions may not provide a reliable estimate for the amount of tissue removal provided by an ablation procedure. ..
- Lo W, Chou C, Gokoffski K, Wan F, Lander A, Calof A, et al. Feedback regulation in multistage cell lineages. Math Biosci Eng. 2009;6:59-82 pubmed..Our results suggest that two factors -- autoregulation of the proliferation of transit amplifying (TA) progenitor cells, and a low death rate of TD cells -- enhance the stability of this system. ..
- Krook Magnuson E, Armstrong C, Oijala M, Soltesz I. On-demand optogenetic control of spontaneous seizures in temporal lobe epilepsy. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1376 pubmed publisher..A clinical approach built on these principles may overcome many of the side-effects of currently available treatment options. ..
- Abdala Roberts L, Pratt R, Pratt J, Mooney K. Traits underlying community consequences of plant intra-specific diversity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183493 pubmed publisher..These results highlight that plant associational and diversity effects on consumers are contingent upon the source of plant trait variation, and that the nature of such dynamics may vary both within and among trophic levels. ..
- Wood P, Hawkinson J, Goodnough D. Formation of D-serine from L-phosphoserine in brain synaptosomes. J Neurochem. 1996;67:1485-90 pubmed..In conclusion, these studies demonstrate that phosphoserine phosphatase may be an important enzyme in regulating the steady-state levels of D-serine in neocortical synaptosomes. ..
- Ross S, Soltesz I. Selective depolarization of interneurons in the early posttraumatic dentate gyrus: involvement of the Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase. J Neurophysiol. 2000;83:2916-30 pubmed
- Fuja T, Schwartz P, Darcy D, Bryant P. Asymmetric localization of LGN but not AGS3, two homologs of Drosophila pins, in dividing human neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2004;75:782-93 pubmed..The results suggest that hNPCs undergo ACD and that similar molecular pathways may underlie these divisions in Drosophila and human cells. ..
- Brenner K, McConnell M, Evans G, Calvert J. Survival of diced cartilage grafts: an experimental study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:105-15 pubmed..This study demonstrates that deep temporal fascia is the preferred envelope with which to facilitate graft containment and maintain chondrocyte viability of diced cartilage grafts. ..
- Jia W, Choi B, Franco W, Lotfi J, Majaron B, Aguilar G, et al. Treatment of cutaneous vascular lesions using multiple-intermittent cryogen spurts and two-wavelength laser pulses: numerical and animal studies. Lasers Surg Med. 2007;39:494-503 pubmed..MCS-MTWLP may be a promising approach to improve therapeutic outcome for patients with cutaneous vascular lesions featuring large blood vessels. ..
- Kim N, Dempsey C, Kuan C, Zoval J, O Rourke E, Ruvkun G, et al. Gravity force transduced by the MEC-4/MEC-10 DEG/ENaC channel modulates DAF-16/FoxO activity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2007;177:835-45 pubmed
- Kubik S, Miyashita T, Guzowski J. Using immediate-early genes to map hippocampal subregional functions. Learn Mem. 2007;14:758-70 pubmed..In closing, we provide a framework for how cutting-edge IEG imaging and intervention techniques will likely contribute to better understanding of the specific functions of CA3 and other hippocampal subregions. ..
- Protsenko D, Zemek A, Wong B. Temperature dependent change in equilibrium elastic modulus after thermally induced stress relaxation in porcine septal cartilage. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40:202-10 pubmed publisher..Generalization of this methodology to incorporate orthogonal mechanical properties may aid in optimizing clinical laser cartilage reshaping procedures. ..
- Szabadics J, Soltesz I. Functional specificity of mossy fiber innervation of GABAergic cells in the hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2009;29:4239-51 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal the diverse components and high degree of functional specificity of the GABAergic cellular machinery underlying the dentate gyrus-CA3 interface. ..
- Szabadics J, Varga C, Brunner J, Chen K, Soltesz I. Granule cells in the CA3 area. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8296-307 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that granule cells in the CA3 constitute a glutamatergic, nonprincipal neuronal subtype that is integrated into the CA3 synaptic network. ..
- Gupta R, Nassiri N, Hazel A, Bathen M, Mozaffar T. Chronic nerve compression alters Schwann cell myelin architecture in a murine model. Muscle Nerve. 2012;45:231-41 pubmed publisher..Restitution of Cajal bands is not sufficient for remyelination after CNC injury. ..
- Quigley R, Gupta A, Oh J, Chung K, McGarry M, Gupta R, et al. Biomechanical comparison of single-row, double-row, and transosseous-equivalent repair techniques after healing in an animal rotator cuff tear model. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:1254-60 pubmed publisher..05), and ultimate load (p?<?0.05). For repair of a chronic, retracted rotator cuff tear, the TOE technique was the strongest biomechanical construct after healing followed by DR with SR being the weakest...
- Tian X, Devi Rao G, Golovanov A, Sandri Goldin R. The interaction of the cellular export adaptor protein Aly/REF with ICP27 contributes to the efficiency of herpes simplex virus 1 mRNA export. J Virol. 2013;87:7210-7 pubmed publisher..Virus production was reduced about 10-fold during WRL-A infection, and export of ICP27 protein and most viral mRNAs was less efficient. We conclude that interaction of ICP27 with Aly/REF contributes to efficient viral mRNA export. ..
- Sahar S, Masubuchi S, Eckel Mahan K, Vollmer S, Galla L, Ceglia N, et al. Circadian control of fatty acid elongation by SIRT1 protein-mediated deacetylation of acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase 1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6091-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, a nontranscriptional, enzymatic loop is governed by the circadian clock to control acetyl-CoA levels and fatty acid synthesis. ..
- Greene D, Kang S, Hoshi N. XE991 and Linopirdine Are State-Dependent Inhibitors for Kv7/KCNQ Channels that Favor Activated Single Subunits. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2017;362:177-185 pubmed publisher..Instead, they were well explained by binding to a single activated subunit. The characteristics of XE991 and linopirdine should be taken into account when these M-channel inhibitors are used in experiments. ..
- Allison S, Lu Y, Weihe C, Goulden M, Martiny A, Treseder K, et al. Microbial abundance and composition influence litter decomposition response to environmental change. Ecology. 2013;94:714-25 pubmed..Therefore models of ecosystem response to global change may need to represent microbial biomass and community composition to make accurate predictions. ..
- Chen K, Aradi I, Thon N, Eghbal Ahmadi M, Baram T, Soltesz I. Persistently modified h-channels after complex febrile seizures convert the seizure-induced enhancement of inhibition to hyperexcitability. Nat Med. 2001;7:331-7 pubmed..In addition, here we show for the first time that h-channels are modified in a human neurological disease paradigm. ..
- Lin S, Civelli O. Orphan G protein-coupled receptors: targets for new therapeutic interventions. Ann Med. 2004;36:204-14 pubmed
- Bristol A, Carew T. Differential role of inhibition in habituation of two independent afferent pathways to a common motor output. Learn Mem. 2005;12:52-60 pubmed
- Vilmos P, Sousa Neves R, Lukacsovich T, Marsh J. crossveinless defines a new family of Twisted-gastrulation-like modulators of bone morphogenetic protein signalling. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:262-7 pubmed..These findings and the presence of two types of Tsg-like protein in several insects suggest that Cv represents a subgroup of the Tsg-like BMP-modulating proteins. ..
- Gulsen G, Birgul O, Unlu M, Shafiiha R, Nalcioglu O. Combined diffuse optical tomography (DOT) and MRI system for cancer imaging in small animals. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2006;5:351-63 pubmed..ENU induced tumor model is used to test the performance of the system in vivo. ..
- Mooney K, Agrawal A. Plant genotype shapes ant-aphid interactions: implications for community structure and indirect plant defense. Am Nat. 2008;171:E195-205 pubmed publisher..In summary, milkweed exerts genetic control over the interactions between aphids and an ant that provides defense against foliage-feeding caterpillars. ..
- Hirschberg H, Uzal F, Chighvinadze D, Zhang M, Peng Q, Madsen S. Disruption of the blood-brain barrier following ALA-mediated photodynamic therapy. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40:535-42 pubmed publisher..No signs of tissue damage were seen on histological sections at this fluence level. However, higher fluences did demonstrate permanent tissue changes localized in the immediate vicinity of the light source. ..
- Zeng W, de Greef J, Chen Y, Chien R, Kong X, Gregson H, et al. Specific loss of histone H3 lysine 9 trimethylation and HP1gamma/cohesin binding at D4Z4 repeats is associated with facioscapulohumeral dystrophy (FSHD). PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000559 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose a new model in which the epigenetic change initiated at 4q D4Z4 spreads its effect to other genomic regions, which compromises muscle-specific gene regulation leading to FSHD pathogenesis. ..
- Manitt C, Nikolakopoulou A, Almario D, Nguyen S, Cohen Cory S. Netrin participates in the development of retinotectal synaptic connectivity by modulating axon arborization and synapse formation in the developing brain. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11065-77 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that, in the absence of DCC signaling, RGC axons fail to branch and differentiate, and support a novel role for netrin in later phases of retinotectal development. ..
- Yakob L, Yan G. Modeling the effects of integrating larval habitat source reduction and insecticide treated nets for malaria control. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6921 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that habitat source reduction is better suited to human populations of higher density and in the presence of insecticide resistance or when the insecticidal properties of ITNs are depleted. ..
- Owen C, Howard A, Binder D. Hippocampus minor, calcar avis, and the Huxley-Owen debate. Neurosurgery. 2009;65:1098-104; discussion 1104-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, this relatively obscure neuroanatomic landmark served as a pivotal point of contention in the most popularized and acrimonious evolutionary debate of the 19th century. ..
- Chen Bee C, Agoncillo T, Lay C, Frostig R. Intrinsic signal optical imaging of brain function using short stimulus delivery intervals. J Neurosci Methods. 2010;187:171-82 pubmed publisher..Additional experiments were performed to begin addressing issues such as SDI temporal jittering, response magnitude as a function of SDI duration, and application for successful mapping of cortical function topography. ..
- Sheeba V, Fogle K, Holmes T. Persistence of morning anticipation behavior and high amplitude morning startle response following functional loss of small ventral lateral neurons in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11628 pubmed publisher..The large LNv, in combination with the network of other circadian neurons, in the absence of functional small LNv are sufficient for the morning anticipation and the high amplitude light-activated morning startle response. ..
- Nitta T, Tam R, Kim J, Fan H. The cellular protein La functions in enhancement of virus release through lipid rafts facilitated by murine leukemia virus glycosylated Gag. MBio. 2011;2:e00341-10 pubmed publisher..We also found that overexpression of mouse or human La could enhance HIV-1 release in the absence of gPr80(gag). Therefore, M-MuLV and HIV-1 may share a pathway for release through lipid rafts involving La. ..
- Kislukhin G, Murphy M, Jafari M, Long A. Chemotherapy-induced toxicity is highly heritable in Drosophila melanogaster. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2012;22:285-9 pubmed publisher..64; and topotecan hydrochloride, 0.63. The high heritability estimates observed in this study, irrespective of the particular class of drug examined, suggest that human toxicity may also have a sizable genetic component. ..
- Medeiros R, Kitazawa M, Chabrier M, Cheng D, Baglietto Vargas D, Kling A, et al. Calpain inhibitor A-705253 mitigates Alzheimer's disease-like pathology and cognitive decline in aged 3xTgAD mice. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:616-25 pubmed publisher..Our data provide relevant functional and molecular insights into the beneficial therapeutic effects of inhibiting calpain activation for the management of AD...
- Chamorro Garcia R, Kirchner S, Li X, Janesick A, Casey S, Chow C, et al. Bisphenol A diglycidyl ether induces adipogenic differentiation of multipotent stromal stem cells through a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-independent mechanism. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120:984-9 pubmed publisher..BADGE probably acts through a mechanism that is downstream of, or parallel to, PPAR?. ..
- Olsen R, Johnson L, Zuloaga D, Limoli C, Raber J. Enhanced hippocampus-dependent memory and reduced anxiety in mice over-expressing human catalase in mitochondria. J Neurochem. 2013;125:303-13 pubmed publisher..Catalase over-expression might be sufficient to enhance cognition and reduce measures of anxiety even in the absence of alteration in levels of OS. ..
- Ramos R, Guerrero Juarez C, Plikus M. Hair follicle signaling networks: a dermal papilla-centric approach. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2306-2308 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the DP lineage commitment program can be exploited for generating highly inductive DP cells to be used in HF bioengineering assays. ..
- Nalbandian A, Nguyen C, Katheria V, Llewellyn K, Badadani M, CAIOZZO V, et al. Exercise training reverses skeletal muscle atrophy in an experimental model of VCP disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76187 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlights that uphill exercise training in VCP(R155H/+) mice did not have any detrimental value to the function of muscle, and may offer effective therapeutic options for patients with VCP-associated diseases. ..
- Lv Y, Meng B, Dong H, Jing T, Wu N, Yang Y, et al. Upregulation of GSK3Î² Contributes to Brain Disorders in Elderly REGÎ³-knockout Mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:1340-9 pubmed publisher..Dysfunction in this non-canonical proteasome degradation pathway may contribute to the sensorimotor gating deficiency and cognitive disorders in aging mice. ..
- Marchant J, Parker I. Functional interactions in Ca(2+) signaling over different time and distance scales. J Gen Physiol. 2000;116:691-6 pubmed
- Brewster A, Bender R, Chen Y, Dube C, Eghbal Ahmadi M, Baram T. Developmental febrile seizures modulate hippocampal gene expression of hyperpolarization-activated channels in an isoform- and cell-specific manner. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4591-9 pubmed..These changes result in long-lasting alteration of the HCN phenotype of specific hippocampal neuronal populations, with profound consequences on the excitability of the hippocampal network. ..
- Flierl A, Jackson C, Cottrell B, Murdock D, Seibel P, Wallace D. Targeted delivery of DNA to the mitochondrial compartment via import sequence-conjugated peptide nucleic acid. Mol Ther. 2003;7:550-7 pubmed..Our method now promises to provide a viable strategy for the genetic modification of the mitochondria in cultured cells, animals and patients. ..
- Travinsky B, Bunikis J, Barbour A. Geographic differences in genetic locus linkages for Borrelia burgdorferi. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1147-50 pubmed publisher..ticks in 3 US regions showed linkage disequilibrium between the 2 loci within a region but not consistently between regions. ..
- Chentoufi A, Dervillez X, Dasgupta G, Nguyen C, Kabbara K, Jiang X, et al. The herpes simplex virus type 1 latency-associated transcript inhibits phenotypic and functional maturation of dendritic cells. Viral Immunol. 2012;25:204-15 pubmed publisher..The effect of LAT on TG-resident DCs may contribute to the reduced function of HSV-specific CD8? T cells in the TG of mice latently infected with LAT? virus...
- Kawai H, La M, Kang H, Hashimoto Y, Liang K, Lazar R, et al. Convergence of nicotine-induced and auditory-evoked neural activity activates ERK in auditory cortex. Synapse. 2013;67:455-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ERK is activated optimally where nicotinic signaling and sound-evoked neural activity converge. ..
- Aguilar Arnal L, Hakim O, Patel V, Baldi P, Hager G, Sassone Corsi P. Cycles in spatial and temporal chromosomal organization driven by the circadian clock. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1206-13 pubmed publisher..We establish that the Dbp circadian interactome contains a wide variety of genes and clock-related DNA elements. These findings reveal a previously unappreciated circadian and clock-dependent shaping of the nuclear landscape. ..
- Zhang Y, Long Z, Guo Z, Wang Z, Zhang X, Ye R, et al. Hydroxycinnamic acid amides from Scopolia tangutica inhibit the activity of M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor in vitro. Fitoterapia. 2016;108:9-12 pubmed publisher..Since blockade of parasympathetic nerve impulse transmission through the inhibition of the M1 receptor lessens smooth muscle spasms, our findings provided a molecular explanation for the traditional use of S. tangutica against spasm. ..
- Koepp M, Årstad E, Bankstahl J, Dedeurwaerdere S, Friedman A, Potschka H, et al. Neuroinflammation imaging markers for epileptogenesis. Epilepsia. 2017;58 Suppl 3:11-19 pubmed publisher..Finally, mechanistic biomarkers of epileptogenesis may provide more profound insight in the process of disease development. ..
- Rathbun C, Prescher J. Bioluminescent Probes for Imaging Biology beyond the Culture Dish. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5178-5184 pubmed publisher..This perspective piece highlights recent successes in bioluminescent probe development and their applications to imaging in live cells, tissues, and animals...
- Woodward D, Bogardus A, Donello J, Fairbairn C, Gil D, Kedzie K, et al. Molecular characterization and ocular hypotensive properties of the prostanoid EP2 receptor. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 1995;11:447-54 pubmed..Ocular studies revealed that AH 13205 decreased intraocular pressure in normal and ocular hypertensive monkeys by a mechanism that does not appear to involve inhibition of aqueous humor secretion. ..
- Ly C, Arechiga A, Melo J, Walsh C, Ong S. Bcr-Abl kinase modulates the translation regulators ribosomal protein S6 and 4E-BP1 in chronic myelogenous leukemia cells via the mammalian target of rapamycin. Cancer Res. 2003;63:5716-22 pubmed..The mTOR inhibitor rapamycin enhanced imatinib-mediated killing of CML cell lines in vitro, and it overcame imatinib resistance in cells with Bcr-Abl gene amplification. ..
- Kamei N, Glabe C. The species-specific egg receptor for sea urchin sperm adhesion is EBR1,a novel ADAMTS protein. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2502-7 pubmed publisher..Thus,the species-specific domains of egg bindin receptor 1 (EBR1) from both species function as the egg surface receptor to mediate species-specific sperm adhesion...
- Balakirev E, Ayala F. Nucleotide variation of the Est-6 gene region in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2003;165:1901-14 pubmed..melanogaster, creates an excess of very similar sequences (RsaI- and S allelic lineages, in the promoter and coding regions, respectively) in the non-African samples. ..
- Jang G, Leong L, Hoang L, Wang P, Gutman G, Semler B. Structurally distinct elements mediate internal ribosome entry within the 5'-noncoding region of a voltage-gated potassium channel mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47419-30 pubmed..Therefore, these findings indicate that Kv1.4 expression is mediated through a complex interplay between many distinct RNA regions. ..
- Wu J, Huang D, Pang K, Tyring S. Rickettsial infections around the world, part 1: pathophysiology and the spotted fever group. J Cutan Med Surg. 2005;9:54-62 pubmed..Participants should also be familiar with the pathophysiology of the rickettsial diseases. ..
- Shkel A, Zeng F. An electronic prosthesis mimicking the dynamic vestibular function. Audiol Neurootol. 2006;11:113-22 pubmed..A unique feature of the present vestibular implant prototype is the scalability: the sensing unit, pulse generator, and the current source can be potentially implemented on a single chip using integrated MEMS technology. ..
- Green K, Martinez Coria H, Khashwji H, Hall E, Yurko Mauro K, Ellis L, et al. Dietary docosahexaenoic acid and docosapentaenoic acid ameliorate amyloid-beta and tau pathology via a mechanism involving presenilin 1 levels. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4385-95 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that DHA and DPAn-6 supplementations could be a beneficial natural therapy for AD. ..
- Grigorian A, Lee S, Tian W, Chen I, Gao G, Mendelsohn R, et al. Control of T Cell-mediated autoimmunity by metabolite flux to N-glycan biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20027-35 pubmed..This suggests metabolic therapy as a potential treatment for autoimmune disease. ..
- Pan Y, Lee E. UV-dependent interaction between Cep164 and XPA mediates localization of Cep164 at sites of DNA damage and UV sensitivity. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:655-64 pubmed..These findings provide mechanistic insights for the recruitment of Cep164 mediator protein to DNA damage sites and reveal a critical juncture between checkpoint pathways and repair systems. ..
- Pirino G, Wescott M, Donovan P. Protein kinase A regulates resumption of meiosis by phosphorylation of Cdc25B in mammalian oocytes. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:665-70 pubmed..Our studies suggest that Cdc25B is a direct target of PKA in prophase-arrested oocytes and that Cdc25B phosphorylation results in its inhibition and sequestration by the 14-3-3 protein. ..
- Woodward D, Nilsson S, Toris C, Kharlamb A, Nieves A, Krauss A. Prostanoid EP4 receptor stimulation produces ocular hypotension by a mechanism that does not appear to involve uveoscleral outflow. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:3320-8 pubmed publisher..It has no effect on uveoscleral outflow but does increase total outflow facility, which accounts for a substantial proportion of the ocular hypotensive activity. ..
- Hoang Y, Nakamura B, Luderer U. Follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol interact to stimulate glutathione synthesis in rat ovarian follicles and granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2009;81:636-46 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that maximal stimulation of GSH synthesis by FSH in granulosa cells and follicles requires estradiol. Without estradiol, FSH causes lesser increases in GCL subunit expression via a PKA-dependent pathway. ..
- Pandorf C, Jiang W, Qin A, Bodell P, Baldwin K, Haddad F. Calcineurin plays a modulatory role in loading-induced regulation of type I myosin heavy chain gene expression in slow skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R1037-48 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Cn has a modulatory role in MHC transcription, rather than a role as a primary regulator of slow MHC gene expression...
- Malvaez M, Sanchis Segura C, Vo D, Lattal K, Wood M. Modulation of chromatin modification facilitates extinction of cocaine-induced conditioned place preference. Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67:36-43 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a potential novel approach to the development of treatments that facilitate extinction of drug-seeking behavior. ..
- Chlebicki C, Lee A, Jung W, Li H, Liaw L, Chen Z, et al. Preliminary investigation on use of high-resolution optical coherence tomography to monitor injury and repair in the rat sciatic nerve. Lasers Surg Med. 2010;42:306-12 pubmed publisher..OCT has the potential to be a valuable tool for monitoring nerve injury and repair, and the changes that accompany wound healing, providing clinicians with a non-invasive tool to treat nerve injuries. ..
- Grigorian A, Demetriou M. Manipulating cell surface glycoproteins by targeting N-glycan-galectin interactions. Methods Enzymol. 2010;480:245-66 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we describe methods used to analyze N-glycan-galectin interactions in controlling the distribution and organization of cell surface receptors and transporters. ..
- Avise J, Liu J. Multiple mating and its relationship to brood size in pregnant fishes versus pregnant mammals and other viviparous vertebrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7091-5 pubmed publisher..Under the logistical constraint hypothesis, propensities for multiple mating in each species register a balance between near-universal fitness benefits from multiple mating and species-idiosyncratic logistical limits on polygamy. ..
- Greene D, Kang S, Kosenko A, Hoshi N. Adrenergic regulation of HCN4 channel requires protein association with ?2-adrenergic receptor. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23690-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ion channel-receptor complex is a critical mechanism in ion channel regulation. ..
- Sontag E, Lotz G, Agrawal N, Tran A, Aron R, Yang G, et al. Methylene blue modulates huntingtin aggregation intermediates and is protective in Huntington's disease models. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11109-19 pubmed..Furthermore, MB treatment also promoted an increase in levels of BDNF RNA and protein in vivo. Thus, MB, which is well tolerated and used in humans, has therapeutic potential for HD. ..
- Poon W, Carlos A, Aguilar B, Berchtold N, Kawano C, Zograbyan V, et al. β-Amyloid (Aβ) oligomers impair brain-derived neurotrophic factor retrograde trafficking by down-regulating ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase, UCH-L1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16937-48 pubmed publisher..Further, our results support the idea that in AD, Aβ may down-regulate UCH-L1 in the AD brain, which in turn impairs BDNF/TrkB-mediated retrograde signaling, compromising synaptic plasticity and neuronal survival. ..
- Maianti J, McFedries A, Foda Z, Kleiner R, Du X, Leissring M, et al. Anti-diabetic activity of insulin-degrading enzyme inhibitors mediated by multiple hormones. Nature. 2014;511:94-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of modulating IDE activity as a new therapeutic strategy to treat type-2 diabetes and expand our understanding of the roles of IDE in glucose and hormone regulation. ..
- Carlson M, Komine Y, Bryant S, Gardiner D. Expression of Hoxb13 and Hoxc10 in developing and regenerating Axolotl limbs and tails. Dev Biol. 2001;229:396-406 pubmed
- Bunikis J, Tsao J, Garpmo U, Berglund J, Fish D, Barbour A. Typing of Borrelia relapsing fever group strains. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1661-4 pubmed..miyamotoi and B. lonestari, transmitted by ixodid ticks. Field surveys of Ixodes ticks in Connecticut and Sweden showed limited local diversity for B. miyamotoi...
- Fenoglio K, Brunson K, Avishai Eliner S, Stone B, Kapadia B, Baram T. Enduring, handling-evoked enhancement of hippocampal memory function and glucocorticoid receptor expression involves activation of the corticotropin-releasing factor type 1 receptor. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4090-6 pubmed..Thus, the extent of CRF1 activation, probably involving changes in hypothalamic CRF levels and release, contributes to the changes in hippocampal GR expression and learning and memory functions. ..
- Roozendaal B, Lengvilas R, McGaugh J, Civelli O, Reinscheid R. Orphanin FQ/nociceptin interacts with the basolateral amygdala noradrenergic system in memory consolidation. Learn Mem. 2007;14:29-35 pubmed..These findings indicate that endogenously released OFQ/N interacts with noradrenergic activity within the BLA in modulating memory consolidation. ..
- Subramanian V, Reidling J, Said H. Differentiation-dependent regulation of the intestinal folate uptake process: studies with Caco-2 cells and native mouse intestine. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C828-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, the studies suggest the possible involvement (at least in part) of a transcriptional mechanism(s) in this type of regulation of the intestinal folate uptake process. ..
- Hayata T, Blitz I, Iwata N, Cho K. Identification of embryonic pancreatic genes using Xenopus DNA microarrays. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1455-66 pubmed publisher..Our analyses implicate the involvement of previously unsuspected signaling pathways during early pancreas development. Developmental Dynamics 238:1455-1466, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..