Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on algorithms in Los Angeles, California, United States
Locale: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Bennett D, Taylor Z, Tewari P, Sung S, Maccabi A, Singh R, et al. Assessment of corneal hydration sensing in the terahertz band: in vivo results at 100 GHz. J Biomed Opt. 2012;17:97008-1 pubmed publisher..A hydration sensitivity, of three parts per thousand or better, was measured in all four rabbits under study. This work presents the first in vivo demonstration of remote corneal hydration sensing. ..
- Michalet X, Berglund A. Optimal diffusion coefficient estimation in single-particle tracking. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2012;85:061916 pubmed..We discuss the practical performance of the algorithms as well as some important implications of these results for single-particle tracking. ..
- Wang D, Bi X, Avants B, Meng T, Zuehlsdorff S, Detre J. Estimation of perfusion and arterial transit time in myocardium using free-breathing myocardial arterial spin labeling with navigator-echo. Magn Reson Med. 2010;64:1289-95 pubmed publisher..The capability for noninvasive, free-breathing assessment of myocardial blood flow using ASL may offer an alternative approach to first-pass perfusion MRI for clinical evaluation of patients with coronary artery disease. ..
- Inaba K, Branco B, Menaker J, Scalea T, Crane S, Dubose J, et al. Evaluation of multidetector computed tomography for penetrating neck injury: a prospective multicenter study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;72:576-83; discussion 583-4; quiz 803-4 pubmed publisher..If imaging is required, MDCTA is a highly sensitive and specific screening modality for evaluating the vascular and aerodigestive structures in the neck. II, prospective study. ..
- Fitzpatrick B, Scribner R, Ackleh A, Rasul J, Jacquez G, Simonsen N, et al. Forecasting the effect of the Amethyst initiative on college drinking. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012;36:1608-13 pubmed publisher..For the effect of lowering the MLDA, it appears that increases in social availability of alcohol have a stronger impact on drinking behavior than decreases in misperceptions. ..
- Meshkat N, Anderson C, DiStefano J. Alternative to Ritt's pseudodivision for finding the input-output equations of multi-output models. Math Biosci. 2012;239:117-23 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of the new algorithm is illustrated with several biosystem model examples. ..
- Hu X, Subudhi A, Xu P, Asgari S, Roach R, Bergsneider M. Inferring cerebrovascular changes from latencies of systemic and intracranial pulses: a model-based latency subtraction algorithm. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:688-97 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggests that subtraction of systemic ABP latency improves CBFV latency measurements, which in turn improve the characterization of cerebral vascular changes. ..
- Nosrati G, Houk K. SABER: a computational method for identifying active sites for new reactions. Protein Sci. 2012;21:697-706 pubmed publisher..We also used SABER to search for potential Kemp eliminases using a theozyme predicted to provide a greater rate acceleration than the active site of KE07, and used Rosetta to create a design based on the proteins identified. ..
- Bennett B, Farber C, Orozco L, Kang H, Ghazalpour A, Siemers N, et al. A high-resolution association mapping panel for the dissection of complex traits in mice. Genome Res. 2010;20:281-90 pubmed publisher..This resource, termed the Hybrid Mouse Diversity Panel, makes possible the integration of multiple data sets and should prove useful for systems-based approaches to complex traits and studies of gene-by-environment interactions. ..
- Kurtz I, Kraut J, Ornekian V, Nguyen M. Acid-base analysis: a critique of the Stewart and bicarbonate-centered approaches. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F1009-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, our analysis indicates that the bicarbonate-centered approach utilizing the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation is a mechanistic formulation that reflects the underlying acid-base phenomenology. ..
- Nouri Mahdavi K, Mock D, Hosseini H, Bitrian E, Yu F, Afifi A, et al. Pointwise rates of visual field progression cluster according to retinal nerve fiber layer bundles. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:2390-4 pubmed publisher..This finding validates the clinical significance of such pointwise rates. The correlations among pointwise rates of change can be used for spatial filtering purposes, facilitating detection or prediction of glaucoma progression. ..
- Kim Y, Hayes C, Narayanan S, Nayak K. Novel 16-channel receive coil array for accelerated upper airway MRI at 3 Tesla. Magn Reson Med. 2011;65:1711-7 pubmed publisher..Midsagittal spiral parallel imaging of vocal tract dynamics during natural speech production is demonstrated with 2 × 2 mm(2) in-plane spatial and 84 ms temporal resolution. ..
- Kumar R, Macey P, Woo M, Alger J, Harper R. Elevated mean diffusivity in widespread brain regions in congenital central hypoventilation syndrome. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006;24:1252-8 pubmed..Other altered regions mediate additional physiological characteristics impaired in CCHS. ..
- Masket S, Masket S. Simple regression formula for intraocular lens power adjustment in eyes requiring cataract surgery after excimer laser photoablation. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006;32:430-4 pubmed..The weakness of the current method is that knowledge of the amount of prior laser vision correction is necessary. ..
- Labuguen R. Initial evaluation of vertigo. Am Fam Physician. 2006;73:244-51 pubmed
- Kulig K, Chang Y, Winiarski S, Bashford G. Ultrasound-Based Tendon Micromorphology Predicts Mechanical Characteristics of Degenerated Tendons. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42:664-73 pubmed publisher..65, p = 0.05) in degenerated tendons, but not healthy tendons. This is the first study relating the mechanical characteristics of degenerated human Achilles tendon using a non-invasive micro-morphology analysis approach. ..
- Abidov A, Bax J, Hayes S, Cohen I, Nishina H, Yoda S, et al. Integration of automatically measured transient ischemic dilation ratio into interpretation of adenosine stress myocardial perfusion SPECT for detection of severe and extensive CAD. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:1999-2007 pubmed..Integration of abnormal TID ratio into the dual-isotope MPS image interpretation algorithm improves the identification of severe and extensive CAD in adenosine MPS. ..
- Hendrata M, Birnir B. Dynamic-energy-budget-driven fruiting-body formation in myxobacteria. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2010;81:061902 pubmed..This inclusion successfully automates the phase transition in our simulation. Only one parameter, namely, the food density, controls the entire simulation of the life cycle. ..
- Song C, Jiang H, Mancuso A, Amirbekian B, Peng L, Sun R, et al. Quantitative imaging of single, unstained viruses with coherent x rays. Phys Rev Lett. 2008;101:158101 pubmed..Moreover, our experiment is directly transferable to the use of x-ray free electron lasers, and represents an experimental milestone towards the x-ray imaging of large protein complexes. ..
- Chien A, Sayre J, Vinuela F. Comparative morphological analysis of the geometry of ruptured and unruptured aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 2011;69:349-56 pubmed publisher..These geometric parameters may be useful for understanding the influence of morphology on the risk of aneurysm rupture. ..
- Chien A, Vinuela F. IS FlowMap, a novel tool to examine blood flow changes induced by flow diverter stent treatment: initial experiences with pipeline cases. J Neurointerv Surg. 2013;5 Suppl 3:iii43-7 pubmed publisher..This new technology can help monitor flow changes induced by stents and study the relationship between the modified flow and treatment outcome. ..
- Reinsmoen N, Patel J, Mirocha J, Lai C, Naim M, Ong G, et al. Optimizing transplantation of sensitized heart candidates using 4 antibody detection assays to prioritize the assignment of unacceptable antigens. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016;35:165-72 pubmed publisher..Strategic prioritization of UA assignment has allowed transplantation of highly sensitized patients across the DSA barrier with survival rates comparable to DSA- heart transplant recipients. ..
- Essani R, Sarkisyan G, Beart R, Ault G, Vukasin P, Kaiser A. Cost-saving effect of treatment algorithm for chronic anal fissure: a prospective analysis. J Gastrointest Surg. 2005;9:1237-43; discussion 1243-4 pubmed..It is highly cost-efficient and resulted in savings of 41% (compared with BTX plus LIS) and up to 70% (compared with surgery in all patients), respectively. ..
- Slomka P, Le Meunier L, Hayes S, Acampa W, Oba M, Haemer G, et al. Comparison of myocardial perfusion 82Rb PET performed with CT- and transmission CT-based attenuation correction. J Nucl Med. 2008;49:1992-8 pubmed publisher..The overall agreement in visual QC of PET/CT alignment between the observers was 72.2% There are significant differences between TCT and CT AC applied to cardiac PET/CT studies, which remain after alignment of CT maps to emission data. ..
- Mundwiler M, Siddique K, Dym J, Perri B, Johnson J, Weisman M. Complications of the spine in ankylosing spondylitis with a focus on deformity correction. Neurosurg Focus. 2008;24:E6 pubmed publisher..They also offer a comprehensive report of the medical and surgical treatments with a focus on deformity correction. ..
- Budoff M, Raggi P, Beller G, Berman D, Druz R, Malik S, et al. Noninvasive Cardiovascular Risk Assessment of the Asymptomatic DiabeticÂ Patient: The Imaging Council of the American College of Cardiology. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:176-92 pubmed publisher..This document reviews the evidence regarding the use of noninvasive testing to stratify asymptomatic patients with diabetes with regard to coronary heart disease risk and develops an algorithm for screening based on available data. ..
- Homer N, Nelson S, Merriman B. Local alignment of generalized k-base encoded DNA sequence. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:347 pubmed publisher..This bioinformatic solution affords greater robustness to errors, as well as lower false SNP discovery rates, only at the cost of computational time. ..
- ..Of 2901 SAM family members, we find 694 that score above the threshold and are likely polymers, including SAM domains from the proteins Lethal Malignant Brain Tumor, Bicaudal-C, Liprin-beta, Adenylate Cyclase, and Atherin. ..
- Horvath S, Dong J. Geometric interpretation of gene coexpression network analysis. PLoS Comput Biol. 2008;4:e1000117 pubmed publisher..The unification of coexpression network methods with traditional data mining methods can inform the application and development of systems biologic methods. ..
- Swerdlow C, Shehata M, Chen P. Using the upper limit of vulnerability to assess defibrillation efficacy at implantation of ICDs. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2007;30:258-70 pubmed..Limited evidence suggests that vulnerability testing is safer than conventional defibrillation testing. ..
- Arsikere H, Lulich S, Alwan A. Automatic estimation of the first subglottal resonance. J Acoust Soc Am. 2011;129:EL197-203 pubmed publisher..Using the derived relation, Sg1 was automatically estimated from voiced sounds in English and Spanish sentences spoken by 22 different speakers (11 males and 11 females). The error in estimating Sg1 was less than 50 Hz, on average. ..
- Song L, Langfelder P, Horvath S. Comparison of co-expression measures: mutual information, correlation, and model based indices. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:328 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that MI networks can safely be replaced by correlation networks when it comes to measuring co-expression relationships in stationary data. ..
- Behnam E, Waterman M, Smith A. A geometric interpretation for local alignment-free sequence comparison. J Comput Biol. 2013;20:471-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our algorithm can extend the current usage of alignment-free-based methods and can also be regarded as a substitute for local alignment algorithms in many biological studies. ..
- Bruce M, Martins D, Duru K, Beech B, Sims M, Harawa N, et al. Church attendance, allostatic load and mortality in middle aged adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177618 pubmed publisher..AL, a measure of stress, only partially explained differences in mortality between church and non-church attendees. These findings suggest a potential independent effect of church attendance on mortality. ..
- Lippert C, Listgarten J, Liu Y, Kadie C, Davidson R, Heckerman D. FaST linear mixed models for genome-wide association studies. Nat Methods. 2011;8:833-5 pubmed publisher..Our algorithm can analyze data for 120,000 individuals in just a few hours, whereas current algorithms fail on data for even 20,000 individuals (http://mscompbio.codeplex.com/). ..
- Hu K, Vierling J. Molecular diagnostic techniques for viral hepatitis. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 1994;23:479-98 pubmed..This review discusses the molecular biology of the five hepatitis viruses, the principles of molecular biological techniques, and their current and future diagnostic applications. ..
- Alexander D, Lange K. Enhancements to the ADMIXTURE algorithm for individual ancestry estimation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:246 pubmed publisher..Finally, by exploiting multiple processors, large datasets can be analyzed even more rapidly. The enhancements we have described make ADMIXTURE a more accurate, efficient, and versatile tool for ancestry estimation. ..
- Ellingson B, Cloughesy T, Lai A, Nghiemphu P, Pope W. Nonlinear registration of diffusion-weighted images improves clinical sensitivity of functional diffusion maps in recurrent glioblastoma treated with bevacizumab. Magn Reson Med. 2012;67:237-45 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that nonlinear registration of pretreatment ADC maps to post-treatment ADC maps improves the clinical predictability, sensitivity, and specificity of fDMs for both progression-free and overall survival. ..
- Nunoo Mensah J, Kaiser A, Wasserberg N, Saedi H, Quek M, Beart R. Management of acquired rectourinary fistulas: how often and when is permanent fecal or urinary diversion necessary?. Dis Colon Rectum. 2008;51:1049-54 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that surgical treatment for acquired rectourinary fistulas can successfully avoid permanent fecal and/or urinary diversion in a large number of patients if locally curative cancer treatment can be achieved. ..
- Chow D, Frye M. The neuro-ecology of resource localization in Drosophila: behavioral components of perception and search. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:50-61 pubmed..Here we synthesize a broad perspective that integrates across ultimate and proximate mechanisms of odor tracking in Drosophila. ..
- Chao D, Scheinhorn D. Weaning from mechanical ventilation. Crit Care Clin. 1998;14:799-817, viii pubmed..Recent clinical trials, predictors of weaning, current techniques of weaning, the concept of reloading the respiratory pump, and determinants of ventilator dependency are all discussed...
- Phalen R, Que Hee S. Analysis of captan on nitrile glove surfaces using a portable attenuated total reflection fourier transform infrared spectrometer. Appl Spectrosc. 2005;59:724-31 pubmed..8 +/- 0.3 microg/cm2 on the inner glove surface. ATR-FTIR can detect captan permeation and can determine the protectiveness of this glove in the field. ..
- Ramanarayanan V, Goldstein L, Narayanan S. Spatio-temporal articulatory movement primitives during speech production: extraction, interpretation, and validation. J Acoust Soc Am. 2013;134:1378-94 pubmed publisher..Such a framework might aid the understanding of longstanding issues in speech production such as motor control and coarticulation. ..
- Petrossian T, Clarke S. Multiple Motif Scanning to identify methyltransferases from the yeast proteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1516-26 pubmed publisher..chem.ucla.edu/files/MotifSetup.Zip). Finally hidden Markov model profile clustering analysis was used to subgroup Class I methyltransferases into groups that reflect their methyl-accepting substrate specificity. ..
- Li Y, Ma W, Li L, Ibrahim L, Wang S, Tao H. Broadening of inhibitory tuning underlies contrast-dependent sharpening of orientation selectivity in mouse visual cortex. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16466-77 pubmed publisher..Together our results suggest that modulation of synaptic inhibition in the mouse V1 cortical circuit preserves the sharpness of response selectivity during changes of stimulus strength. ..
- Olch A. Evaluation of the accuracy of 3DVH software estimates of dose to virtual ion chamber and film in composite IMRT QA. Med Phys. 2012;39:81-6 pubmed publisher..This is also a necessary although not sufficient condition for validation of the accuracy of 3DVH predictions of the 3D dose using beam-by-beam measurements. ..
- Dinov I, Lozev K, Petrosyan P, Liu Z, Eggert P, Pierce J, et al. Neuroimaging study designs, computational analyses and data provenance using the LONI pipeline. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..User guides, forums, instructions and downloads of the LONI Pipeline environment are available at http://pipeline.loni.ucla.edu. ..
- Furlotte N, Eskin E, Eyheramendy S. Genome-wide association mapping with longitudinal data. Genet Epidemiol. 2012;36:463-71 pubmed publisher..The software implementing this method may be found at http://genetics.cs.ucla.edu/longGWAS/. ..
- Fang F, Hodges E, Molaro A, DEAN M, Hannon G, Smith A. Genomic landscape of human allele-specific DNA methylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7332-7 pubmed publisher..More generally, our model provides the analytical complement to cutting-edge experimental technologies for surveying ASM in specific cell types and across species. ..
- McEvoy J, Diamond G, Detrano R, Kaul S, Blaha M, Blumenthal R, et al. Risk and the physics of clinical prediction. Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:1429-35 pubmed publisher..We also discuss innovative future strategies for risk estimation and treatment allocation in preventive cardiology. ..
- Park S, Goeken N, Lee H, Bolan R, Dube M, Lee H. Developing high-throughput HIV incidence assay with pyrosequencing platform. J Virol. 2014;88:2977-90 pubmed publisher..The high-throughput genomic HIV incidence marks a significant step toward determining incidence from a single measure in cross-sectional surveys...
- Wan L, Reinert G, Sun F, Waterman M. Alignment-free sequence comparison (II): theoretical power of comparison statistics. J Comput Biol. 2010;17:1467-90 pubmed publisher..The program to calculate the power of D2, D2* and D2S can be downloaded from http://meta.cmb.usc.edu/d2. Supplementary Material is available at www.liebertonline.com/cmb. ..
- Cripps D, Thomas S, Jeng Y, Yang F, Davies P, Yang A. Alzheimer disease-specific conformation of hyperphosphorylated paired helical filament-Tau is polyubiquitinated through Lys-48, Lys-11, and Lys-6 ubiquitin conjugation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10825-38 pubmed
- Oak S, Tran C, Castillo M, Thamotharan S, Thamotharan M, Devaskar S. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonist improves skeletal muscle insulin signaling in the pregestational intrauterine growth-restricted rat offspring. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E514-24 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for insulin sensitizers in preventing the subsequent development of gestational or type 2 diabetes mellitus in intrauterine and postnatal growth-restricted offspring. ..
- Xia L, Cram J, Chen T, Fuhrman J, Sun F. Accurate genome relative abundance estimation based on shotgun metagenomic reads. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27992 pubmed publisher..It will be increasingly useful as an accurate and robust tool for abundance estimation with the growing size of read sets and the expanding database of reference genomes. ..
- Chen C, Mahjoubfar A, Tai L, Blaby I, Huang A, Niazi K, et al. Deep Learning in Label-free Cell Classification. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21471 pubmed publisher..This system opens up a new path to data-driven phenotypic diagnosis and better understanding of the heterogeneous gene expressions in cells. ..
- Tatum J, Melo N, Ko A, Dhillon N, Smith E, Yim D, et al. Validation of a field spinal motion restriction protocol in a level I trauma center. J Surg Res. 2017;211:223-227 pubmed publisher..Guidelines for cervical SMR have high sensitivity and low specificity to identify CSI. When patients with injuries were not placed on motion restrictions, there were no negative clinical outcomes. ..
- Kang C, Marjoram P. A sample selection strategy for next-generation sequencing. Genet Epidemiol. 2012;36:696-709 pubmed publisher..We then describe a variation on our algorithm that is more focused on detecting rarer variants. We demonstrate the performance of our algorithm using simulated data and data from the 1000 Genomes Project. ..
- Mavandadi S, Dimitrov S, Feng S, Yu F, Sikora U, Yaglidere O, et al. Distributed medical image analysis and diagnosis through crowd-sourced games: a malaria case study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37245 pubmed publisher..Specifically, using non-expert gamers we report diagnosis of malaria infected red blood cells with an accuracy that is within 1.25% of the diagnostics decisions made by a trained medical professional. ..
- Plikus M, Zhang Z, Chuong C. PubFocus: semantic MEDLINE/PubMed citations analytics through integration of controlled biomedical dictionaries and ranking algorithm. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:424 pubmed..PubFocus provides a scalable platform for the integration of multiple available ontology databases. PubFocus analytics can be adapted for input sources of biomedical citations other than PubMed. ..
- Ringach D. On the origin of the functional architecture of the cortex. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e251 pubmed..The theory's simplicity, explanatory and predictive power makes it a serious candidate for the origin of the functional architecture of primary visual cortex. ..
- Isikman S, Bishara W, Ozcan A. Partially coherent lensfree tomographic microscopy [Invited]. Appl Opt. 2011;50:H253-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, lensfree optical tomography might be particularly useful for lab-on-a-chip applications as well as for microscopy needs in resource-limited settings. ..
- Hua X, Thompson P, Leow A, Madsen S, Caplan R, Alger J, et al. Brain growth rate abnormalities visualized in adolescents with autism. Hum Brain Mapp. 2013;34:425-36 pubmed publisher..Tensor-based morphometry revealed persisting growth rate anomalies long after diagnosis, which has implications for evaluation of therapeutic effects. ..
- Yacoub W, Sohn H, Chan S, Petrosyan M, Vermaire H, Kelso R, et al. Psoas abscess rarely requires surgical intervention. Am J Surg. 2008;196:223-7 pubmed publisher..Surgeons are increasingly encountering psoas abscesses...
- Lemaitre R, Johnson C, Hesselson S, Sotoodehnia N, Sotoodhenia N, McKnight B, et al. Common variation in fatty acid metabolic genes and risk of incident sudden cardiac arrest. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:471-7 pubmed publisher..Further study is needed to validate this observation. ..
- Parrish N, Sudakov B, Eskin E. Genome reassembly with high-throughput sequencing data. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 1:S8 pubmed publisher..The results of applying our method to this simulation data are presented along with a discussion of the benefits and drawbacks of this technique. ..
- McAllister D, Miller M, Sekiya J, Wojtys E. Posterior cruciate ligament biomechanics and options for surgical treatment. Instr Course Lect. 2009;58:377-88 pubmed..Failure to recognize and treat these deficits can compromise the results of PCL reconstruction, emphasizing the need for a detailed, meticulous physical examination when PCL injuries are suspected...
- Jiao S, Xie Z, Zhang H, Puliafito C. Simultaneous multimodal imaging with integrated photoacoustic microscopy and optical coherence tomography. Opt Lett. 2009;34:2961-3 pubmed publisher..The capabilities of this novel technique were demonstrated by imaging both the microanatomy and microvasculature in mouse ears in vivo. ..
- Karpowicz S, Prochnik S, Grossman A, Merchant S. The GreenCut2 resource, a phylogenomically derived inventory of proteins specific to the plant lineage. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21427-39 pubmed publisher..We present this annotated inventory of 597 proteins as a resource for functional analyses of plant-specific biochemistry. ..
- Doherty J, Friedman R. Controversies in building a management algorithm for vestibular schwannomas. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;14:305-13 pubmed..The present review examines the various mainstream treatment options, benefits and risks, and controversies involved in developing a management algorithm for treatment of vestibular schwannoma...
- Kennedy M, Venkateswaran A, Tarr P, Xenarios I, Kudoh J, Shimizu N, et al. Characterization of the human ABCG1 gene: liver X receptor activates an internal promoter that produces a novel transcript encoding an alternative form of the protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39438-47 pubmed..Elucidation of the various roles of different ABCG1 isoforms will be important for our understanding of mammalian cholesterol homeostasis...
- Greenbaum A, Luo W, Su T, Göröcs Z, Xue L, Isikman S, et al. Imaging without lenses: achievements and remaining challenges of wide-field on-chip microscopy. Nat Methods. 2012;9:889-95 pubmed publisher..5 gigapixels. We also discuss the current challenges that these computational on-chip microscopes face, shedding light on their future directions and applications. ..