Experts and Doctors on reproduction in Tempe, Arizona, United States
Locale: Tempe, Arizona, United States
- Page R, Rueppell O, Amdam G. Genetics of reproduction and regulation of honeybee (Apis mellifera L.) social behavior. Annu Rev Genet. 2012;46:97-119 pubmed publisher..This is remarkable because worker honeybees have reduced reproductive organs and are normally sterile; however, the reproductive regulatory network has been co-opted for behavioral division of labor. ..
- Lourdais O, Brischoux F, DeNardo D, Shine R. Protein catabolism in pregnant snakes (Epicrates cenchria maurus Boidae) compromises musculature and performance after reproduction. J Comp Physiol B. 2004;174:383-91 pubmed..g. biannual or triannual), two common ecological traits of female snakes...
- Hurt C, Hedrick P. Initial stages of reproductive isolation in two species of the endangered Sonoran topminnow. Evolution. 2003;57:2835-41 pubmed..Our results illustrate the importance of distinctly defining hybrid classes in studies of reproductive isolation. To our knowledge, this is the first such detailed evolutionary analysis in endangered fish taxa. ..
- Wang Y, Amdam G, Rueppell O, Wallrichs M, Fondrk M, Kaftanoglu O, et al. PDK1 and HR46 gene homologs tie social behavior to ovary signals. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4899 pubmed publisher..Also, they outline how selection may have acted on gene networks that affect reproductive resource allocation and behavior to facilitate the evolution of social foraging in honey bees. ..
- Gerber L, Gonzalez Suarez M, Hernandez Camacho C, Young J, Sabo J. The cost of male aggression and polygyny in California sea lions (Zalophus californianus). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12230 pubmed publisher..Thus in polygynous mating systems, male aggression may increase male fitness at the cost of female fitness and overall population viability...
- Moore D, Liebig J. Mechanisms of social regulation change across colony development in an ant. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:328 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms of conflict mediation observed in one phase of a social group's development cannot be generalized to all stages. ..
- Flatz R, GonzÃ¡lez SuÃ¡rez M, Young J, HernÃ¡ndez Camacho C, Immel A, Gerber L. Weak polygyny in California sea lions and the potential for alternative mating tactics. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33654 pubmed publisher..Our results raise important questions regarding the adaptive role of territoriality and the potential for alternative mating tactics in this species. ..
- Amdam G, Page R. Intergenerational transfers may have decoupled physiological and chronological age in a eusocial insect. Ageing Res Rev. 2005;4:398-408 pubmed..In the following, we show how a recent theory that includes resource transfers can be used to elucidate patterns of senescence in eusocial, non-reproducing individuals like the honey bee worker. ..
- Deviche P, Greiner E, Manteca X. Interspecific variability of prevalence in blood parasites of adult passerine birds during the breeding season in Alaska. J Wildl Dis. 2001;37:28-35 pubmed