Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on intracellular signaling peptides and proteins in Tempe, Arizona, United States
Locale: Tempe, Arizona, United States
Topic: intracellular signaling peptides and proteins
- Johnson J, Rhee J, Parsons S, Brown D, Olson E, Rawls A. The anterior/posterior polarity of somites is disrupted in paraxis-deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2001;229:176-87 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate a role for paraxis in maintaining somite polarity that is independent of Notch signaling. ..
- Huey K, Thresher J, Brophy C, Roy R. Inactivity-induced modulation of Hsp20 and Hsp25 content in rat hindlimb muscles. Muscle Nerve. 2004;30:95-101 pubmed..Understanding the regulation of these HSPs during chronic reductions in neuromuscular activity may have valuable applications for conditions such as spinal cord injury. ..
- Luo M, Reyna S, Wang L, Yi Z, Carroll C, Dong L, et al. Identification of insulin receptor substrate 1 serine/threonine phosphorylation sites using mass spectrometry analysis: regulatory role of serine 1223. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4410-6 pubmed..These data suggest that phosphorylation of Ser1223 dampens association of IRS-1 with SHP-2, thereby increasing net insulin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Sewell W, Sparrow D, Smith A, Gonzalez D, Rappaport E, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cyclical expression of the Notch/Wnt regulator Nrarp requires modulation by Dll3 in somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;329:400-9 pubmed publisher..Towards identifying the role of Dll3 in regulating somitogenesis, Nrarp emerges as a potentially important regulator that requires Dll3 but not Lfng for normal function...
- Eckalbar W, Lasku E, Infante C, Elsey R, Markov G, Allen A, et al. Somitogenesis in the anole lizard and alligator reveals evolutionary convergence and divergence in the amniote segmentation clock. Dev Biol. 2012;363:308-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, our analysis yields novel insights into features of the segmentation clock that are evolutionarily basal to amniotes versus those that are specific to mammals, Lepidosaurian reptiles, or Archosaurian reptiles...