Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in Tucson, Arizona, United States
Locale: Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Lee H, Guo Y, Ohta M, Xiong L, Stevenson B, Zhu J. LOS2, a genetic locus required for cold-responsive gene transcription encodes a bi-functional enolase. EMBO J. 2002;21:2692-702 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that cold-responsive gene transcription in plants is controlled by a bi-functional enolase. ..
- Ignatenko N, Gerner E. Regulation of the HIV1 long terminal repeat by mutant heat shock factor. Exp Cell Res. 2003;288:1-8 pubmed..The ability of HSF1+ to suppress HIV1 promoter activity suggests that HSF1+ could serve as a tool for the treatment of AIDS. ..
- King T, Gardell L, Wang R, Vardanyan A, Ossipov M, Malan T, et al. Role of NK-1 neurotransmission in opioid-induced hyperalgesia. Pain. 2005;116:276-88 pubmed..Understanding of sustained morphine-induced neurochemical changes will help identify approaches that limit the deleterious actions of opiates. ..
- Xie J, Herman D, Stiller C, Gardell L, Ossipov M, Lai J, et al. Cholecystokinin in the rostral ventromedial medulla mediates opioid-induced hyperalgesia and antinociceptive tolerance. J Neurosci. 2005;25:409-16 pubmed..Prevention of opioid-dose escalation in chronic pain states by CCK receptor antagonism represents a potentially important strategy to limit unintended enhanced clinical pain and analgesic tolerance ..
- Larkindale J, Hall J, Knight M, Vierling E. Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotolerance. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:882-97 pubmed
- Basha E, Friedrich K, Vierling E. The N-terminal arm of small heat shock proteins is important for both chaperone activity and substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39943-52 pubmed publisher..In total, results demonstrate that sHSP-substrate interactions are complex, likely involve multiple sites on the sHSP, and vary depending on substrate...
- Lee U, Rioflorido I, Hong S, Larkindale J, Waters E, Vierling E. The Arabidopsis ClpB/Hsp100 family of proteins: chaperones for stress and chloroplast development. Plant J. 2007;49:115-27 pubmed..Thus, in plants, the function of ClpB/Hsp100 proteins is not restricted to heat stress, but a specific member of the family provides housekeeping functions that are essential to chloroplast development. ..
- Dunbar H, Wilson A, Ferguson N, Moran N. Aphid thermal tolerance is governed by a point mutation in bacterial symbionts. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e96 pubmed..Other cases in which symbiont microevolution has a major effect on host ecological tolerance are likely to be widespread because of the high mutation rates of symbiotic bacteria and their crucial roles in host metabolism and development...
- Larkindale J, Vierling E. Core genome responses involved in acclimation to high temperature. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:748-61 pubmed