Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Malatya, Turkey
Locale: Malatya, Turkey
Topic: middle aged
- Otlu B, Durmaz R, Gunal S, Sola C, Zozio T, Rastogi N. Beijing/W and major spoligotype families of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains isolated from tuberculosis patients in Eastern Turkey. New Microbiol. 2009;32:255-63 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Beijing clade, which is more prevalent among the strains with MDR and isoniazid resistance, is currently not a problem in Eastern Turkey. ..
- Kuzucu A, Soysal O, Ozgel M, Yologlu S. Complicated hydatid cysts of the lung: clinical and therapeutic issues. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;77:1200-4 pubmed..This underlines the need for immediate surgery in any patient who is diagnosed with pulmonary hydatidosis. ..
- Kilinc H, Bilen B. Supraorbital artery island flap for periorbital defects. J Craniofac Surg. 2007;18:1114-9 pubmed
- Pehlivan E, Ozen G, Taskapan H, Gunes G, Sahin I, Colak C. Identifying the determinants of microalbuminuria in obese patients in primary care units: the effects of blood pressure, random plasma glucose and other risk factors. J Endocrinol Invest. 2016;39:73-82 pubmed publisher..While the obese patients are being evaluated in terms of proteinuria, the cutoff values of these variables can be taken into consideration. ..
- Erkurt M, Aydogdu I, Dikilitas M, Kuku I, Kaya E, Bayraktar N, et al. Effects of cyanocobalamin on immunity in patients with pernicious anemia. Med Princ Pract. 2008;17:131-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that vitamin B(12) has important immunomodulatory effects on cellular immunity, and abnormalities in the immune system in pernicious anemia are restored by vitamin B(12) replacement therapy. ..
- Durgun Y, Firat C, Miman M, Kirimlioglu H. A rare benign laryngeal tumor: angiomyolipoma. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:1956-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, a 58-year-old man presented with laryngeal angiomyolipoma with swallowing discomfort. The tumor was removed by an endolaryngeal approach. ..
- Gogas Yavuz D, Keskin L, Kiyici S, Sert M, Yazici D, Sahin I, et al. Vitamin D receptor gene BsmI, FokI, ApaI, TaqI polymorphisms and bone mineral density in a group of Turkish type 1 diabetic patients. Acta Diabetol. 2011;48:329-336 pubmed publisher..The VDR gene polymorphisms, Bsm1, Fok 1, Apa1, and Taq1 showed no influence on bone metabolism in our group of type 1 diabetic patients. ..
- Kocak A, Sarac K, Ates O, Caylỳ S. Severe cerebral vasospasm caused by non-aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage treatment with transluminal balloon angioplasty. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2007;50:23-6 pubmed..We report a patient with NSAH who developed severe and diffuse CVS. He was treated with transluminal balloon angioplasty because he has been refractory to conventional treatment measures for CVS. ..
- Talu B, Bayramlar K, Bek N, Yakut Y. Validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the Manchester-Oxford Foot Questionnaire for hallux valgus deformity evaluation. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2016;50:207-13 pubmed publisher..The Turkish version of the MOXFQ is a valid and reliable tool for evaluating foot pain and functional status in patients affected by hallux valgus. ..
- Kahraman A, Kahraman B, Ozdemir Z, Görmeli C, Ozdemir F, Dogan M. Diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) of the liver in assessing chronic liver disease: effects of the presence and the degree of ascites on ADC values. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2016;41:56-62 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the ADC value of the liver and spleen correlates with the presence and the degree of ascites in patients with chronic liver disease, and merits further study. ..
- Kilic S, Altinok M, Ipek D, Beytur A, Baydinç Y, Gunes G. Color Doppler sonography examination of partially obstructed kidneys associated with ureteropelvic junction stone before and after percutaneous nephrolithotripsy: preliminary report. Int J Urol. 2005;12:429-35 pubmed..Patients with RI>or=0.70 may have a good indication for a surgical approach. Normalization of high RI occurs rapidly after percutaneous nephrolithotripsy. ..
- Durmus M, But A, Erdem T, Ozpolat Z, Ersoy M. The effects of magnesium sulphate on sevoflurane minimum alveolar concentrations and haemodynamic responses. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2006;23:54-9 pubmed..Magnesium sulphate administered before induction of anaesthesia increases MAC of sevoflurane and reduces cardiovascular responses to intubation. ..
- Erdil F, Bulut S, Demirbilek S, Gedik E, Gulhas N, Ersoy M. The effects of intrathecal levobupivacaine and bupivacaine in the elderly. Anaesthesia. 2009;64:942-6 pubmed publisher..05). Because of the better haemodynamic stability and fewer side-effects associated with levobupivacaine, it may be preferred for spinal anaesthesia in elderly patients. ..
- Berber I, Kuku I, Erkurt M, Kaya E, Bag H, Nizam I, et al. Leukapheresis in acute myeloid leukemia patients with hyperleukocytosis: A single center experience. Transfus Apher Sci. 2015;53:185-90 pubmed publisher..Further evidence-based data obtained from larger sample sizes are required to better understand the impact of prophylaxis leukapheresis on early and total mortality of AML patients with hyperleukocytosis. ..
- Miman M, Deliktaş H, Ozturan O, Toplu Y, Akarcay M. Internal nasal valve: revisited with objective facts. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;134:41-7 pubmed..A surgical attempt to augment INV angle value may impact positively on nasal resistance. C-4. ..
- Kocak A, Ates O, Cayli S, Sarac K. Isolated posterior spinal artery aneurysm. Br J Neurosurg. 2006;20:241-4 pubmed..We report a case of an isolated posterior spinal artery aneurysm causing acute subarachnoidal haemorrhage. Spinal artery aneurysms are contrasted with the more common intracranial aneurysms in terms of presentation and pathogenesis. ..
- Ozcan A, Senol M, Saglam H, Seyhan M, Durmaz R, Aktas E, et al. Comparison of the Tzanck test and polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of cutaneous herpes simplex and varicella zoster virus infections. Int J Dermatol. 2007;46:1177-9 pubmed..9% and a specificity of 100%. We recommend the use of this easy, quick, reproducible, and inexpensive diagnostic test more often in dermatologic practice, especially in cutaneous herpes virus infections. ..
- Sevinc A, Kutlu N, Kuku I, Ozgen U, Aydogdu I, Soylu H. Severe epistaxis in brucellosis-induced isolated thrombocytopenia: a report of two cases. Clin Lab Haematol. 2000;22:373-5 pubmed..Their platelet count reverted to normal within 2-3 weeks of initiating antibrucellosis treatment with recovery from the disease. ..
- Yetkin O, Kunter E, Gunen H. CPAP compliance in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep Breath. 2008;12:365-7 pubmed publisher..Considering the well-established benefits of CPAP treatment in patients with true indications, patients should be encouraged to use CPAP regularly, and complications of OSAS should be keynoted. ..
- Topal E, Cikim A, Cikim K, Temel I, Ozdemir R. The effect of moxonidine on endothelial dysfunction in metabolic syndrome. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2006;6:343-8 pubmed..Moxonidine is proposed as a valuable option for treating mild-to-moderate hypertension in obese and insulin-resistant patients with metabolic syndrome as it appears to improve endothelial dysfunction in these patients. ..
- Yakupogullari Y, Otlu B, Dogukan M, Gursoy C, Korkmaz E, Kizirgil A, et al. Investigation of a nosocomial outbreak by alginate-producing pan-antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Am J Infect Control. 2008;36:e13-8 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates the ability of pan-antibiotic-resistant P. aeruginosa to cause an outbreak with significant mortality and stresses the need for precautions to prevent the spread of such highly resistant strains. ..
- Baydar M, Dikilitas M, Sevinc A, Senel S, Senel F, Aydogdu I. Cutaneous metastasis of endometrial carcinoma with hemorrhagic nodules and papules. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2005;26:464-5 pubmed..In reported cases metastasis from endometrial cancer has been most commonly noted at the initial surgery and radiotherapy site. Therefore, the initial surgical and radiotherapy site must be examined carefully for skin metastasis. ..
- Ates M, Coban S, Sevil S, Terzi A. The efficacy of laparoscopic surgery in patients with peritonitis. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2008;18:453-6 pubmed publisher..This technique can be widely used in abdominal emergencies with increasing experience, but further studies are required to definitively establish its role in acute abdominal disorders. ..
- Durmaz R, Zozio T, Gunal S, Yaman A, Cavusoglu C, Guney C, et al. Genetic diversity and major spoligotype families of drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates from different regions of Turkey. Infect Genet Evol. 2007;7:513-9 pubmed
- Yetkin E, Acikgoz N, Aksoy Y, Bariskaner E, Sivri N, Akturk E, et al. Decreased carotid intima-media thickness in patients with coronary artery ectasia compared with patients with coronary artery disease. Coron Artery Dis. 2005;16:495-8 pubmed..09 mm, respectively, P = 0.04). Decreased intima-media thickness of the carotid artery in patients with coronary artery ectasia and coronary artery disease may have pathogenic mechanisms different from coronary artery disease per se. ..
- Kayaalp C, Aydin C, Olmez A, Isik S, Yilmaz S. Leakage tests reduce the frequency of biliary fistulas following hydatid liver cyst surgery. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2011;66:421-4 pubmed..Identification of biliary orifices with a bile leakage test and the suturing of cystobiliary communications significantly reduced postoperative biliary complications following hydatid liver surgery. ..
- Karincaoglu M, Yildirim B, Kantarceken B, Aladag M, Hilmioglu F. Association of peripapillary fistula with common bile duct stones and cholangitis. ANZ J Surg. 2003;73:884-6 pubmed..According to the present results, PCDF is more frequently associated with common bile duct stones than with biliary surgery and bougienage. ..
- Dogu M, Kaya A, Berber I, Sari Ä, TekgÃ¼ndÃ¼z E, Erkurt M, et al. Does the preference of peripheral versus central venous access in peripheral blood stem cell collection/yield change stem cell kinetics in autologous stem cell transplantation?. Transfus Apher Sci. 2016;54:76-9 pubmed publisher..005). Total volume of the product was significantly lower in central venous access group (p = 0.046). As being a less invasive procedure, peripheral venous access can be used for stem cell yield in eligible selected patients. ..
- Erdem G, Karakas H, Yetkin F, Alkan A, Firat A, Kahraman B. Brucellar breast abscess. Breast. 2006;15:554-7 pubmed..The diagnosis was provided by fine needle aspiration biopsy and specimen culture. The lesion had diminished in size after 12 months' treatment with combined tetracycline and rifampicine. ..
- Piskin T, Aydin C, Barut B, Dirican A, Kayaalp C. Preoperative progressive pneumoperitoneum for giant inguinal hernias. Ann Saudi Med. 2010;30:317-20 pubmed publisher..Although insufflated gas volume can be different among patients, we observed that the duration of insufflation may be the same for similar patients. ..
- Karincaoglu Y, Esrefoglu M, Ozcan H. Atypical clinical form of cutaneous leishmaniasis: erysipeloid form. Int J Dermatol. 2004;43:827-9 pubmed
- Yilmaz M, Akbulut S, Kahraman A, Yilmaz S. Liver hydatid cyst rupture into the peritoneal cavity after abdominal trauma: case report and literature review. Int Surg. 2012;97:239-44 pubmed publisher..Rupture of a hydatid cyst into the peritoneal cavity is rare and challenging for the surgeon. This condition is included in the differential diagnosis of the acute abdomen in endemic areas, especially in young patients...
- Sigirci A, Senol M, Aydin E, Kutlu R, Alkan A, Altinok M, et al. Doppler waveforms and blood flow parameters of the superior and inferior mesenteric arteries in patients having Behçet disease with and without gastrointestinal symptoms: preliminary data. J Ultrasound Med. 2003;22:449-57 pubmed..To evaluate hemodynamic changes in mesenteric arteries in patients with Behçet disease with and without gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Kayabas U, Bayraktar M, Otlu B, Ugras M, Ersoy Y, Bayindir Y, et al. An outbreak of Pseudomonas aeruginosa because of inadequate disinfection procedures in a urology unit: a pulsed-field gel electrophoresis-based epidemiologic study. Am J Infect Control. 2008;36:33-8 pubmed publisher..After institution of infection control measures and education, no further clusters of P aeruginosa infection were detected in the Urology Department. ..
- Evereklioglu C, Er H. Increased corneal thickness in active Behçet's disease. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2002;12:24-9 pubmed..To measure central corneal thickness (CCT) in patients with Behçet's disease (BD), particularly in the active disease...
- Gulhas N, Topal S, Erdogan Kayhan G, Yucel A, Begec Z, Yologlu S, et al. Remifentanil without muscle relaxants for intubation in microlaryngoscopy: a double blind randomised clinical trial. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:1967-73 pubmed
- Dogan G, Oram Y, Hazneci E, Ozen S, Karincaoglu Y, Ciralik H. Three cases of verrucous carcinoma. Australas J Dermatol. 1998;39:251-4 pubmed..Although the cases have different clinical presentations in different locations, we think that they should be considered as a single entity; that is, verrucous carcinoma...
- Isik B, Yilmaz M, Karadag N, Kahraman L, Sogutlu G, Yilmaz S, et al. Appendiceal Enterobius vermicularis infestation in adults. Int Surg. 2007;92:221-5 pubmed..vermicularis ova and acute inflammation, but the presence of the pinworm in the lumen of the appendix is coincidental. On the other hand E. vermicularis in the appendix lumen can cause symptoms of acute appendicitis...
- Gunal S, Yang Z, Agarwal M, Koroglu M, Arıcı Z, Durmaz R. Demographic and microbial characteristics of extrapulmonary tuberculosis cases diagnosed in Malatya, Turkey, 2001-2007. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:154 pubmed publisher..However, the risk factors for having EPTB in Malatya, Turkey remain to be assessed in future studies using population-based or randomly selected sample. ..
- Demir C, Kohle U. A rare complication of endoscopic sinus surgery: necrotizing fasciitis of the eyelid. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2004;12:51-3 pubmed..Early recognition and prompt intervention plays an important role in minimizing the morbidity and mortality rates. ..
- Aylaz R, Aktürk U, Erci B, Oztürk H, Aslan H. Relationship between depression and loneliness in elderly and examination of influential factors. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2012;55:548-54 pubmed publisher..In view of these results, it can be advised that a minimum income should be secured for elderly people whether they have social security or not, their families and the society should be trained not to leave elderly people alone. ..
- Yildirim B, Sezgin N, Sari R, Sevinc A, Hilmioglu F. Complement and immunoglobulin levels in serum and ascitic fluid of patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, malignant ascites, and tuberculous peritonitis. South Med J. 2002;95:1158-62 pubmed..We determined complement and immunoglobulin levels in ascitic fluid and serum of 47 patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, malignant ascites, or tuberculous ascites...
- Firat Y, Firat A, Karakas H, Onal C. A case of frontal lobe abscess as a complication of frontal sinus ossifying fibroma. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2006;35:447-50 pubmed..We present the clinical, pathological and radiological findings of ossifying fibroma of the frontal sinus associated with brain abscess...
- Yilmaz M, Isik B, Coban S, Sogutlu G, Ara C, Kirimlioglu V, et al. Transabdominal approach in the surgical management of Morgagni hernia. Surg Today. 2007;37:9-13 pubmed..Moreover, when complicated with strangulation, incarceration or perforation, a surgical repair through a transabdominal approach is mandatory. ..
- Erdem T, Aktas D, Erdem G, Miman M, Ozturan O. Maxillary sinus hypoplasia. Rhinology. 2002;40:150-3 pubmed..Our series showed that the uncinate process anomalies related to MSH may lead to inadvertent orbital complications and therefore should be kept in mind. ..
- Seckin Y, Arici S, Harputluoglu M, Yonem O, Yilmaz A, Ozer H, et al. Expression of claudin-4 and beta-catenin in gastric premalignant lesions. Acta Gastroenterol Belg. 2009;72:407-12 pubmed..05), but a significant difference was detected in dysplasia and remnant gastric mucosa for beta-catenin (P < 0.05). Our results suggest that claudin-4 expression is upregulated in premalignant gastric alterations. ..
- Yetkin F, Kayabas U, Ersoy Y, Bayindir Y, Toplu S, Tek I. Cerebrospinal fluid viscosity: a novel diagnostic measure for acute meningitis. South Med J. 2010;103:892-5 pubmed publisher..It has been previously reported that plasma viscosity can be used as an inflammatory marker. In this study we aimed to evaluate the role of CSF viscosity as a complementary measure for diagnosis of meningitis in suspected patients...
- Doganay S, Evereklioglu C, Turkoz Y, Er H. Decreased nitric oxide production in primary open-angle glaucoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2002;12:44-8 pubmed..Since NO is synthesized by endothelium and smooth muscle elsewhere in the body, this study investigated the NO levels in the aqueous humor of patients with POAG compared with cataract patients...
- Cumurcu T, Kilic R, Yologlu S. The frequency of pseudoexfoliation syndrome in the middle Black Sea region of Turkey. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:1007-11 pubmed..To assess the frequency of pseudoexfoliation syndrome (PEX) and evaluate its association with specific ocular diseases in patients attending the Department of Ophthalmology at Gaziosmanpasa University Hospital...
- Kayaalp C, Aydin C. Review of phenol treatment in sacrococcygeal pilonidal disease. Tech Coloproctol. 2009;13:189-93 pubmed publisher..Investigating minimally invasive methods for treatment of pilonidal disease, we reviewed the techniques and the results of phenol treatment of pilonidal disease in the medical literature...
- Yagmur J, Ermis N, Acikgoz N, Cansel M, Atas H, Karakus Y, et al. Elevated serum gamma-glutamyl transferase activity in patients with cardiac syndrome X and its relationship with carotid intima media thickness. Acta Cardiol. 2010;65:515-9 pubmed..05). The present study showed that serum GGT activity in patients with CSX was as high as those in patients with CAD. Increased GGT levels may play a role in the pathogenesis of the microvascular atherosclerotic process of CSX. ..
- Yilmaz M, Isik B, Sogutlu G, Ara C, Yilmaz S, Kirimlioglu V. Duodeno-sigmoid fistula due to ingested metallic wire. J Emerg Med. 2008;34:83-4 pubmed
- Gunduz A, Cumurcu T, Demirel E, Akpolat N, Karincaoglu Y. The ocular surface in the Behçet's disease patient. Can J Ophthalmol. 2012;47:429-34 pubmed publisher..05). We found that there was a statistically significant difference between Behçet's disease patients and normal subjects regarding the ocular film layer, but no difference regarding conjunctival surface epithelial morphology. ..
- Ara C, Sogutlu G, Yildiz R, Kocak O, Isik B, Yilmaz S, et al. Spontaneous small bowel perforations due to intestinal tuberculosis should not be repaired by simple closure. J Gastrointest Surg. 2005;9:514-7 pubmed..Intestinal tuberculosis should be kept in mind as a cause in free intestinal perforations. Because of high mortality rate, the resection of the affected area and anastomosis may be the treatment of choice rather than primary closure...
- Atmaca R, Kafkasli A, Burak F, Germen A. Priming effect of misoprostol on estrogen pretreated cervix in postmenopausal women. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;206:237-41 pubmed..To get a beneficial effect of misoprostol on cervical ripening, estrogenic activity is necessary and when pretreated with local estrogen, misoprostol ameliorates cervical priming in postmenopausal women. ..
- But A, Durmus M, Toprak H, Ozturk E, Demirbilek S, Ersoy M. Hemodynamic, hepatorenal, and postoperative effects of desflurane-fentanyl and midazolam-fentanyl anesthesia in coronary artery bypass surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2005;19:597-602 pubmed..The extubation and intensive care unit discharge times were found to be shorter in the desflurane-fentanyl group. ..
- Sigirci A, Baysal T, Kutlu R, Aladag M, Sarac K, Harputluoglu H. Doppler sonography of the inferior and superior mesenteric arteries in ulcerative colitis. J Clin Ultrasound. 2001;29:130-9 pubmed
- Togal T, Gulhas N, Cicek M, Teksan H, Ersoy O. Carbon dioxide pneumothorax during laparoscopic surgery. Surg Endosc. 2002;16:1242 pubmed..This report illustrates the diagnosis and management of an unusual case of CO 2 absorption, resulting in hypercapnia and hypoxemia, and a spontaneous recovery within 30 to 60 min without need of thoracentesis. ..
- Kirimlioglu H, Kirimlioglu V, Yilmaz S. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in donor liver, cirrhotic liver, and acute rejection after human liver transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:3574-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that MMP-2 and MMP-9, beside their roles in liver injury with tissue remodeling and fibrosis as mentioned in the previous studies, can be a marker of acute rejection. ..
- Kosar F, Taskapan C, Kucukbay Z. Serum levels of selenium, zinc and copper in patients with coronary artery ectasia. Indian Heart J. 2007;59:38-41 pubmed..It also investigated the relationship between the level of trace elements and the extent of ectatic involvement in patients of coronary artery ectasia...
- Kalcioglu M, Durmaz B, Aktas E, Ozturan O, Durmaz R. Bacteriology of chronic maxillary sinusitis and normal maxillary sinuses: using culture and multiplex polymerase chain reaction. Am J Rhinol. 2003;17:143-7 pubmed..Also a new bacterial agent, Alloiococcus otitidis determined in the nasopharynx and middle ear specimens can be thought as a causative agent of sinusitis...
- Bayindir Y, Sonmez E, Aladag A, Buyukberber N. Comparison of five antimicrobial regimens for the treatment of brucellar spondylitis: a prospective, randomized study. J Chemother. 2003;15:466-71 pubmed..In conclusion, a combination of doxycycline, streptomycin, and rifampicin can be recommended as therapy for brucellar spondylitis and to reduce relapse rates...
- Kocer M, Guldur T, Akarcay M, Miman M, Beker G. Investigation of age, sex and menstrual stage variation in human cerumen lipid composition by high performance thin layer chromatography. J Laryngol Otol. 2008;122:881-6 pubmed..The objective of the study was to correlate quantitative changes in the lipid composition of human cerumen with changes in age, sex and menstrual cycle stage...
- Beton O, Saricam E, Kaya H, Yucel H, Dogdu O, Turgut O, et al. Bleeding complications during cardiac electronic device implantation in patients receiving antithrombotic therapy: is there any value of local tranexamic acid?. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:73 pubmed publisher..No thromboembolic complications was recorded in the study group. The present study demonstrated that the topical TXA application during CIED implantation is associated with reduced PH and MBC in patients with high bleeding risk. ..
- Kalcioglu M, Durmaz R, Ozturan O, Bayindir Y, Direkel S. Does cerumen have a risk for transmission of hepatitis B?. Laryngoscope. 2004;114:577-80 pubmed..Cerumen has never been studied as a route for hepatitis B transmission. The aim of the study was evaluate the importance of cerumen in transmission of hepatitis B virus infection...
- Pehlivan E, Karaoglu L, Ozen M, Gunes G, Tekerekoglu M, Genc M, et al. Rubella seroprevalence in an unvaccinated pregnant population in Malatya, Turkey. Public Health. 2007;121:462-8 pubmed..As 5.6% of pregnant women were susceptible to rubella during pregnancy, and five of them had already had a recent infection, immunization efforts should be directed at babies and adolescents. ..
- Kekilli E, Ertem K, Yologlu S, Ceylan F. Comparisons of the bone mineral density in dominant and nondominant forearm following clean-cut tendon injuries, repair, and passive mobilization. J Clin Densitom. 2006;9:198-201 pubmed..Most BMD decreases were observed at month 3 of the study. Eventually, these bone losses were found to be recovered at month 12...
- Kuzucu A, Gurses I, Soysal O, Kutlu R, Ozgel M. Dieulafoy's disease: a cause of massive hemoptysis that is probably underdiagnosed. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:1126-8 pubmed..Herein, we report 2 patients with massive hemoptysis who were treated with surgical resection and later diagnosed with bronchial Dieulafoy's disease...
- Gokcen E, Caltekin I, Savrun A, Korkmaz H, Savrun Ş, Yildirim G. Alterations in optic nerve sheath diameter according to cerebrovascular disease sub-groups. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1607-1611 pubmed publisher..001). In the early cases of CVD, mortality and morbidity can be decreased through the early diagnosis of the possible existence of ICP increase according to ONSD level. ..
- Senol M, Ozcan A, Aydin N, Hazneci E, Turan N. Intertriginous plasmacytosis with plasmoacanthoma: report of a typical case and review of the literature. Int J Dermatol. 2008;47:265-8 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first detailed case report, at least in English literature...
- Emre S, Doganay S, Yologlu S. Evaluation of anterior segment parameters in keratoconic eyes measured with the Pentacam system. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007;33:1708-12 pubmed..To evaluate the alteration in anterior chamber parameters with the progression of keratoconus using a rotating Scheimpflug camera...
- Gurses I, Doganay S, Mizrak B. Expression of glucose transporter protein-1 (Glut-1) in ocular surface squamous neoplasia. Cornea. 2007;26:826-30 pubmed..To examine the expression of glucose transporter protein-1 (GLUT-1) in ocular surface squamous neoplasia and to study its relationship with degree of neoplasia and cell proliferation index (Ki-67 labeling index)...
- Taskapan M, Taskapan H, Sahin I, Keskin L, Atmaca H, Ozyalin F. Serum leptin, resistin, and lipid levels in patients with end stage renal failure with regard to dialysis modality. Ren Fail. 2007;29:147-54 pubmed..These results highlight the importance of leptin and resistin as determinants of dyslipidemia, especially in CAPD patients. ..
- Bayindir Y, Kalcioglu M, Durmaz R, Ozturan O. Detection of HCV-RNA in cerumen of chronically HCV-infected patients. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:508-11 pubmed..Cerumen, however, has not been investigated for its ability to transmit hepatitis C virus. The aim of this study is to evaluate the importance of cerumen in transmission of hepatitis C virus infection...
- Kocak A, Cayli S, Sarac K, Aydin N. Intraventricular solitary fibrous tumor: an unusual tumor with radiological, ultrastructural, and immunohistochemical evaluation: case report. Neurosurgery. 2004;54:213-6; discussion 216-7 pubmed..The differential diagnosis in the present case was greatly helped by the immunohistochemical and ultrastructural findings, along with a disease-free 3.5-year follow-up. These findings are presented with reference to previous reports. ..
- Sar R, Aydogdu I, Ozen S, Sevinc A, Buyukberber S. Metastatic bone marrow tumours: a report of six cases and review of the literature. Haematologia (Budap). 2001;31:215-23 pubmed..6%). and hypercalcaemia in two cases (33.3%). In conclusion, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy examinations are effective, practical, and cheap in detecting solid tumour metastasis to bone marrow in a selected group of patients. ..