Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Istanbul, Turkey
Locale: Istanbul, Turkey
Topic: middle aged
Publications618 found, 100 shown here
- Toker A, Tanju S, Ziyade S, Kaya S, Erus S, Ozkan B, et al. Alternative paratracheal lymph node dissection in left-sided hilar lung cancer patients: comparing the number of lymph nodes dissected to the number of lymph nodes dissected in right-sided mediastinal dissections. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011;39:974-80 pubmed publisher..From these data, regardless of approach, more lymph nodes are obtained from the right paratracheal space; this appears to be due to the fact that there are more right-sided paratracheal lymph nodes. ..
- Tarhan F, Faydaci G, Gul A, Kuyumcuoglu U, Eryildirim B. Oxytocin immunoreactivity in the corpus cavernosum of patients with erectile dysfunction. Urol Int. 2011;87:225-9 pubmed publisher..However, further studies are necessary to reach a final conclusion regarding the effects of oxytocin on corpus cavernosum. ..
- Heijink D, Urgun K, Sav A, Seker A, Konya D. A case of primary diffuse leptomeningeal gliomatosis predominantly involving the cervical spinal cord and mimicking chronic meningitis. Turk Neurosurg. 2012;22:90-4 pubmed publisher..The patient underwent biopsy at the level of C1 for diagnosis. The specimen was diagnosed as primary diffuse leptomeningeal gliomatosis, with phenotypic features of astrocytoma and oligodendroglioma. ..
- Karabay O, Altindis M, Koroglu M, Karatuna O, Aydemir Ã, Erdem A. The carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae threat is growing: NDM-1 epidemic at a training hospital in Turkey. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2016;15:6 pubmed publisher..A carbapenem-resistant K. pneumoniae threat may pose a great risk to our country. It is clear that more comprehensive infection control precautions should be implemented in our hospitals. ..
- Soyletir G, Altinkanat G, Gur D, Altun B, Tunger A, Aydemir S, et al. Results from the Survey of Antibiotic Resistance (SOAR) 2011-13 in Turkey. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71 Suppl 1:i71-83 pubmed publisher..Although susceptibility was not universally low in Turkey, high resistance rates were found in S. pneumoniae and, when using PK/PD and EUCAST breakpoints, in other respiratory pathogens. ..
- Tekin A, Tuncer O, Memetoglu M, Arslan U, Öztekin A, Yağmur B, et al. Nonthermal, Nontumescent Endovenous Treatment of Varicose Veins. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;36:231-235 pubmed publisher..Operation time is short, and tumescent anesthesia is unnecessary as postprocedure compression stockings. Lack of significant side effects and an yearly success rate of 100% are benefits of the system. ..
- Giles Senyurek Y, Tunca F, Boztepe H, Alagol F, Terzioglu T, Tezelman S. The long term outcome of papillary thyroid carcinoma patients without primary central lymph node dissection: expected improvement of routine dissection. Surgery. 2009;146:1188-95 pubmed publisher..Initial CLND might be of value to prevent CCR and mortality in PTC patients with initial metastatic cervical lateral lymph nodes, older age (age >or=60), primary tumor size >or=3 cm, and agressive histopathologic features of PTC. ..
- Dalbayrak S, Altas M, Arslan R. The effects of timing of aneurysm surgery on vasospasm and mortality in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage. Acta Neurol Belg. 2011;111:317-20 pubmed..7%; p = 0.005). The present study has demonstrated that early surgery is advantageous over late surgery in patients with SAH with lower post-operative vasospasm and mortality rates. ..
- Meric A, Ozücer B, Gedikli O, Yıldırım Y, Korkut A, Kahya V, et al. Impact of smoking on p65 nuclear factor ?B, p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression levels in oral mucosa. J Craniofac Surg. 2012;23:970-3 pubmed publisher..Levels of p65 NF-?B, p38 MAPK, and iNOS expression in the oral mucosa of smokers were related to the number of pack years. ..
- Afsar C, Uzun H, Yurdakul S, Muderrisoglu C, Erguney M, Demir B, et al. Association of serum fetuin-A levels with heart valve calcification and other biomarkers of inflammation among persons with acute coronary syndrome. Clin Invest Med. 2012;35:E206-15 pubmed..020 OR = .015; (95% CI)(0.000-0.520). Fetuin-A levels decrease in patients with acute coronary syndromes, independent of heart valve calcification. Fetuin-A may therefore act as a negative acute phase protein after myocardial infarction. ..
- Ekim A, Ocakci A. Knowledge and attitudes regarding pain management of pediatric nurses in Turkey. Pain Manag Nurs. 2013;14:e262-e267 pubmed publisher..2%. The highest score was 65%, and the lowest score 15%. The findings of the survey show that pediatric nurses in Turkey have insufficient knowledge regarding pain management and could benefit from additional education on that issue. ..
- Dilege S, Toker A, Tanju S, Kalayci G. An unusual intrapleural foreign body: ignored aspiration. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002;21:593-4 pubmed..o.) course and was discharged on p.o. day 6. We present this case because of the rarity and to emphasize the clinical presentation. The physicians should be aware of life threatening complications of oat head aspiration. ..
- Demirkol M, Yaymaci B, Mutlu B. Dipyridamole myocardial perfusion single photon emission computed tomography in patients with slow coronary flow. Coron Artery Dis. 2002;13:223-9 pubmed..This study indicates that this improvement can be shown by dipyridamole SPECT. Furthermore, no correlation was observed between the time needed to fill a native coronary artery and RPD of the myocardium. ..
- Caglayan B, Akturk U, Fidan A, Salepci B, Ozdogan S, Saraç G, et al. Transbronchial needle aspiration in the diagnosis of endobronchial malignant lesions: a 3-year experience. Chest. 2005;128:704-8 pubmed..This significant difference (p < 0.05) was attributed to the peribronchial disease group. In the case of peribronchial disease, the addition of TBNA to CDT improves the diagnostic yield of the bronchoscopic examination. ..
- Baran C, Tiftikcioglu Y, Baran N. The use of alloplastic materials in secondary rhinoplasties: 32 years of clinical experience. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;116:1502-16 pubmed..Their long-term results with Proplast for more than 20 years show that alloplastic materials may be as reliable as autogenous implants if the surgical principles are met and the cases are carefully selected. ..
- Kapran Z, Acar N. Removal of silicone oil with 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy system. Retina. 2007;27:1059-64 pubmed..Removal of silicone oil of 1000 centistokes with 25-G transconjunctival sutureless sclerotomies was effective and safe. ..
- Surucu H, Tatli E, Okudan S, Değirmenci A. Evaluation of the effects of obesity on heart functions using standard echocardiography and pulsed wave tissue Doppler imaging. South Med J. 2008;101:152-7 pubmed publisher..001), and larger aortic valve diameter (P = 0.007). In obese patients of older ages, there is evidence of left and right ventricular dysfunction. ..
- Aktas I, Ofluoglu D, Albay T. The relationship between benign joint hypermobility syndrome and carpal tunnel syndrome. Clin Rheumatol. 2008;27:1283-7 pubmed publisher..0001). There was a positive correlation between CTS and BJHS (r=0.59, p=0.0001). Consequently, we suggested that BJHS could be a predisposing factor for CTS or vice versa. ..
- Uras C, Baca B, Boler D. Circular stapled hemorrhoidopexy: experience of a single center with 445 cases. World J Surg. 2008;32:1783-8 pubmed publisher..The recurrence rate was 1%. Circular stapled hemorrhoidopexy can be safely performed with low recurrence and complication rates while offering a relatively painless postoperative period for the patient. ..
- Aras B, Kalfazade N, Tugcu V, Kemahli E, Ozbay B, Polat H, et al. Can lemon juice be an alternative to potassium citrate in the treatment of urinary calcium stones in patients with hypocitraturia? A prospective randomized study. Urol Res. 2008;36:313-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that lemon juice can be an alternative in the treatment of urinary calcium stones in patients with hypocitraturia. Additionally, dietary recommendations can increase effectiveness of the treatment. ..
- Kilic A, Kale A, Usta A, Bilgili F, Kabukcuoglu Y, Sokucu S. Anatomic course of the superficial branch of the radial nerve in the wrist and its location in relation to wrist arthroscopy portals: a cadaveric study. Arthroscopy. 2009;25:1261-4 pubmed publisher..Great care must be taken when using the 1-2 portal. We suggest making a skin-only incision for this portal and then using blunt dissection to help prevent injury to the SBRN. ..
- Ustaalioglu B, Bilici A, Barisik N, Aliustaoglu M, Vardar F, Yilmaz B, et al. Clinical importance of phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 expression in breast cancer. Clin Transl Oncol. 2012;14:911-22 pubmed publisher..In addition, triple negative and cerb-B overexpressed tumors, which had worse prognosis compared to hormone receptor positive without cerb-B expressed group, associated with also PRL-3 positivity more than PRL-3 negative group. ..
- Denizli N, Azak A, Sakacı M, Huddam B, Kocak G, Akdogan M, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 and disease progression in renal amyloidosis patients. Ren Fail. 2013;35:1112-5 pubmed publisher..In patients with progressive CKD, higher levels of proteinuria and blood pressure have been previously described. The effect of BMP7 on kidneys is not still clear, it is hypothesized that TGF-beta1 inhibition may alter renal fibrosis. ..
- Tigen E, DoÄŸru A, KaradaÄŸ F. Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus prevalences among first time blood donors in Istanbul, Turkey, 2004-2011. Transfus Apher Sci. 2015;53:176-9 pubmed publisher..Seroprevalences for anti-HIV, HBsAg and anti-HCV tests were, respectively 0.01%, 1.54% and 0.38%. HBsAg and anti-HCV positivities showed a decreased tendency of positivity in years. ..
- Azboy I, Bulut M, Ancar C, Demirtas A, Ozkul E, Gem M, et al. The comparison of triceps-reflecting anconeus pedicle and olecranon osteotomy approaches in the treatment of intercondylar fractures of the humerus. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2016;22:58-65 pubmed publisher..TRAP is a succesful approach in the treatmet of intra-articular distal humerus fractures that provides better arc of elbow motion, reduces complications and reoperation rates. ..
- Seker A, Kara A, Camur S, Malkoç M, Sonmez M, Mahirogullari M. Comparison of mortality rates and functional results after transtibial and transfemoral amputations due to diabetes in elderly patients-a retrospective study. Int J Surg. 2016;33 Pt A:78-82 pubmed publisher..5 and 80.2 points respectively. The difference was not significant. High mortality rates and morbidities after major lower limb amputations emphasize the importance of preventive measures and foot care in patients with diabetes. ..
- Ayar Karakoç G, Ernam D, Aka Aktürk Ü, Oztas S, Oğur E, Kabadayı F. [The evaluation of nutritional status of stable COPD patients and to investigate the effect of nutritional status on perception of dyspnea, exercise capacity, body composition, hospitalisation and life quality]. Tuberk Toraks. 2016;64:119-26 pubmed..FFM is an independent predictor of exercise capacity and rehospitalisation during 6 months. ..
- Obek C, Onal B, Kantay K, Kalkan M, Yalcin V, Oner A, et al. The efficacy of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for isolated lower pole calculi compared with isolated middle and upper caliceal calculi. J Urol. 2001;166:2081-4; discussion 2085 pubmed..Treatment should be individualized for management of caliceal stones greater than 2.0 cm.2 until large prospective randomized trials comparing shock wave lithotripsy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy are available. ..
- Grdal M, Tekin A, Erdoan K, Sengr F. Endoscopic silicone injection for female stress urinary incontinence due to intrinsic sphincter deficiency: impact of coexisting urethral mobility on treatment outcome. Urology. 2002;60:1016-9 pubmed..Unsatisfactory results in those with both anatomic incontinence and sphincter deficiency highlight the need for careful preoperative assessment of urethral mobility to exclude such patients from injection therapy. ..
- Cinar U, Yigit O, Uslu B, Cetin B, Topuz E, Unsal O, et al. [The relationship between the presence of Candida colonization in the oropharynx and on the Blom-Singer voice prosthesis and its effect on the length of prosthesis use]. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2002;9:410-3 pubmed..05). The results suggest that the presence of oropharyngeal Candida colonization has no effect on the prosthesis lifetime. ..
- Korkut A, Lice H, Aygutalp N. Effective bleeding control during resection of giant carotid body tumor. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2006;14:528-9 pubmed..In those without transmural tumor invasion, temporary occlusion of the external carotid artery at the bifurcation allows trouble-free tumor excision and keeps the external carotid artery intact...
- Kiris T, Kilincer C. Cervical spondylotic myelopathy treated by oblique corpectomy: a prospective study. Neurosurgery. 2008;62:674-82; discussion 674-82 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study suggest that OC is a good alternative to conventional median corpectomy and fusion techniques in selected cases. ..
- Mutlu N, Bicakcigil M, Tasan D, Kaya A, Yavuz S, Ozden A. Comparative performance analysis of 4 different anti-citrullinated protein assays in the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:491-500 pubmed publisher..Using a single easily performed automated assay at 2 determined decision limits we were able to diagnose 81% of cases of RA and missing only 1.2%. ..
- Misirlioglu A, Karanfil H, Akoz T. Salvage of suboptimal results in a reconstructed ear: nonsurgical reshaping with triamcinolone. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:375-8 pubmed publisher..Problems, such as a thick skin or an inadequate cartilage-flap relationship, may cause obliteration of the framework details. A nonsurgical technique to improve auricular definition is described...
- Cag Y, Erdem H, Leib S, Defres S, Kaya S, Larsen L, et al. Managing atypical and typical herpetic central nervous system infections: results of a multinational study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:568.e9-568.e17 pubmed publisher..5% of the cases with and without encephalitic clinical presentation, respectively. Considering the subtle nature of HME, CSF HSV PCR, EEG and MRI data should be collected for all patients with a central nervous system infection. ..
- Ozturk S, Aktemur T, Kalyoncuoglu M, Durmuş G, Can M. Polymorphic ventricular tachycardia due to variant angina diagnosed on Holter monitoring and confirmed with cold pressor test. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2017;45:271-274 pubmed publisher..Utility of 24-hour Holter rhythm monitoring and cold pressor test in patients with recurrent chest pain at night is demonstrated in this report. ..
- Ozkaya Bayazit E. Specific site involvement in fixed drug eruption. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003;49:1003-7 pubmed..3; corrected P =.000002). As this study represents the largest series of patients with naproxen-induced FDE, we would suggest that naproxen should be considered as an important potential cause of FDE on lips. ..
- Pamukcu B, Oflaz H, Onur I, Oncul A, Ozcan M, Umman B, et al. Clinical relevance of aspirin resistance in patients with stable coronary artery disease: a prospective follow-up study (PROSPECTAR). Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2007;18:187-92 pubmed..The MACE prevalence increased during follow-up, however, just after cessation of clopidogrel therapy. ..
- Ugurlu K, Sacak B, Huthut I, Karsidag S, Sakiz D, Bas L. Reconstructing wide palatomaxillary defects using free flaps combining bare serratus anterior muscle fascia and scapular bone. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;65:621-9 pubmed..In this study, we present a novel use of the free scapular bone flap combined with serratus anterior fascia and its functional and esthetic results...
- Sasani M, Ozer A, Oktenoglu T, Canbulat N, Sarioglu A. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy for far lateral lumbar disc herniations: prospective study and outcome of 66 patients. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2007;50:91-7 pubmed..Consequently this technique can only be a treatment option on appropriate patients. This study reconfirmed that the removal of fragmented disc material is achieved and offers a pain-free status. ..
- Kaya H, Gulluoglu B, Aribal E. Myoepithelial differentiation in breast carcinoma. Tumori. 2008;94:116-20 pubmed..The aim of presenting this work is to describe a matrix producing carcinoma with anaplastic myoepithelial cell foci, with the coexistence of in situ myoepithelial carcinoma which originated from a sclerosing adenosis...
- Ozger H, Eralp L, Atalar A, Toker B, Esberk Ateş L, Sungur M, et al. [The effect of resistance-related proteins on the prognosis and survival of patients with osteosarcoma: an immunohistochemical analysis]. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2009;43:28-34 pubmed publisher..04), while the other proteins were not significantly associated with survival. Our data suggest that p53 may be used as a prognostic marker in osteosarcoma due to its significant association with survival. ..
- Poturoglu S, Kaymakoglu S, Gurel Polat N, Ibrisim D, Ahishali E, Akyuz F, et al. A new agent for tumour necrosis factor-alpha inhibition: In vitro effects of dipyridamole in Crohn's disease. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2009;69:696-702 pubmed publisher..05). Dipyridamole suppresses TNF-alpha similar with MTX. It seems to be superior to MTX in increasing IL-10 levels. Addition of DP to anti-TNF medications may create a synergy in cytokine modulation. ..
- Tamam M, Yavuz H, Hacimahmutoğlu S, Mulazimoglu M, Kacar T, Ozpacaci T. Direct radionuclide cystography imaging in colovesical fistula due to inguinal hernia operation complication. Ann Nucl Med. 2009;23:693-6 pubmed publisher..The colovesical fistula was visualized with direct radionuclide voiding cystography as an alternative scintigraphic method. ..
- Alpay N, Sumnu A, Caliskan Y, Yazici H, Turkmen A, Gul A. Efficacy of anakinra treatment in a patient with colchicine-resistant familial Mediterranean fever. Rheumatol Int. 2012;32:3277-9 pubmed..We herein report the efficacy of anakinra in a 52-year-old Turkish patient with FMF, secondary amyloidosis and renal transplant, who was resistant to colchicine treatment. ..
- Bahat G, Saka B, Erten N, Ozbek U, Coskunpinar E, Yildiz S, et al. BsmI polymorphism in the vitamin D receptor gene is associated with leg extensor muscle strength in elderly men. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2010;22:198-205 pubmed..There was no significant association between muscle mass and strength, or between muscle mass and VDR genotype. Our data suggest that VDR gene BsmI polymorphism is associated with muscular strength in elderly men. ..
- Kuru T, Dereli E, Yaliman A. Validity of the Turkish version of the Kujala patellofemoral score in patellofemoral pain syndrome. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2010;44:152-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the validity of the Turkish version of the Kujala patellofemoral score in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome...
- Toker A, Erus S, Ozkan B, Ziyade S, Tanju S. Does a relationship exist between the number of thoracoscopic thymectomies performed and the learning curve for thoracoscopic resection of thymoma in patients with myasthenia gravis?. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;12:152-5 pubmed publisher..554, P: 0.000). We recommend the start of a program for the resection of thymoma with VATS after surgical staff have performed 70 VATS thymectomy operations...
- Yanyali A, Bozkurt K, Macin A, Horozoglu F, Nohutcu A. Quantitative assessment of photoreceptor layer in eyes with resolved edema after pars plana vitrectomy with internal limiting membrane removal for diabetic macular edema. Ophthalmologica. 2011;226:57-63 pubmed publisher..71, p = 0.013) and foveola (r = 0.81, p = 0.02). The integrity of the ELM and IS/OS lines was positively correlated with VA in eyes with resolved DME after PPV. ..
- Akin H, Olcmen A, Isgorucu O, Denizkiran I, Dincer I. Approach to patients with chylothorax complicating pulmonary resection. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;60:135-9 pubmed publisher..In cases of high output leak the surgeon should not hesitate to perform surgery. VATS can be performed instead of open surgery in suitable cases. ..
- Cansever T, Civelek E, Kabatas S, Yilmaz C, Caner H, Altinors M. Dysfunctional segmental motion treated with dynamic stabilization in the lumbar spine. World Neurosurg. 2011;75:743-9 pubmed publisher..Long-term follow-up is essential, however, to investigate the long-term efficacy of DS in the surgical treatment of DSM. ..
- Sulu E, Akbay O, Ongel E, Aksoy F, Bektemür G, Takir H, et al. Castleman's disease presenting as a pleural mass in the thoracic cavity. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2012;77:139-40 pubmed..Mass excision and partial chest wall resection were performed. On histopathologic examination, this mass showed features of the hyaline vascular type of Castleman's disease...
- Orhan E, Deymeer F, Oflazer P, Parman Y, Baslo M. Jitter analysis with concentric needle electrode in the masseter muscle for the diagnosis of generalised myasthenia gravis. Clin Neurophysiol. 2013;124:2277-82 pubmed publisher..Jitter analysis of the masseter muscle during voluntary contraction is easy to perform and it was found as informative as other muscles in patients with generalised MG. ..
- Polat M, Kahramanoglu I, Senol T, Ozkaya E, Karateke A. Shorter the cervix, more difficult the placenta percreta operations. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016;29:2327-31 pubmed publisher..5 with 93% sensitivity and the 99% specificity. Short cervix appears to be a cause of difficulty in placenta previa/percreta operations. CL may also help in determining the timing of delivery in placenta percreta patients. ..
- Salviz M, Yuce T, Acar H, Taylan I, Yuceant G, Karatas A. Diagnostic value of vestibular-evoked myogenic potentials in MÃ©niÃ¨re's disease and vestibular migraine. J Vestib Res. 2016;25:261-6 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, VEMP responses are symmetrically reduced on both sides in VM patients, suggesting that otolith organs might be affected by migraine-induced ischemia. ..
- Küçükkurt S, Rzayev S, Barış E, Atac M. Familial florid osseous dysplasia: a report with review of the literature. BMJ Case Rep. 2016;2016: pubmed publisher..Genetic heritance of FOD is unusual, with only a few reported cases. We describe a case of FOD that affected three family members, discuss its clinical, radiological and histological characteristics, and review the literature...
- Durgun V, Perek A, Kapan M, Kapan S, Perek S. Partial fistulotomy and modified cutting seton procedure in the treatment of high extrasphincteric perianal fistulae. Dig Surg. 2002;19:56-8 pubmed
- Cabioglu N, Igci A, Yildirim E, Aktas E, Bilgic S, Yavuz E, et al. An ultrasensitive tumor enriched flow-cytometric assay for detection of isolated tumor cells in bone marrow of patients with breast cancer. Am J Surg. 2002;184:414-7 pubmed..New strategies in nonmorphological ultrasensitive techniques might be useful to categorize patients with ITCs having different tumor morphology and characteristics. ..
- Sever M, Erek E, Vanholder R, Kantarci G, Yavuz M, Turkmen A, et al. Serum potassium in the crush syndrome victims of the Marmara disaster. Clin Nephrol. 2003;59:326-33 pubmed..The aim of this study is to investigate the frequency and effects of hyperkalemia in the 639 victims of catastrophic Marmara earthquake that struck northwestern Turkey, in August 1999...
- Gurdal M, Tekin A, Yucebas E, Kirecci S, Sengor F. Contact neodymium: YAG laser ablation of recurrent urethral strictures using a side-firing fiber. J Endourol. 2003;17:791-4 pubmed..In view of the moderately durable successful results, it may be considered a last attempt at a minimally invasive treatment before making the decision for open urethroplasty. ..
- Durakbasa O, Okan N, Canbora K, Gorgec M. [Factors affecting the results of treatment in traumatic dislocation of the hip]. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2005;39:133-41 pubmed..Our data may provide insight into the factors affecting the prognosis of traumatic hip dislocations treated by closed or open reduction. ..
- Seker A, Yildirim O, Kurtkaya O, Sav A, Gunel M, Pamir M, et al. Expression of integrins in cerebral arteriovenous and cavernous malformations. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:159-68; discussion 159-68 pubmed..Integrins alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 are expressed more strongly in CCM endothelium than in AVM endothelium. In addition, integrin alphavbeta5 staining was stronger in CCM subendothelium than AVM subendothelium/media. ..
- Ercan I, Cakir B, Sayin I, Basak M, Turgut S. Relationship between the superior attachment type of uncinate process and presence of agger nasi cell: a computer-assisted anatomic study. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;134:1010-4 pubmed..54, P = 0.315). The AN cell was found to be present in 80.3% of the cases. However, the relationship between the presence of the AN cell and the superior attachment types of UP was not statistically significant. ..
- Erbil Y, Ozbey N, Giris M, Salmaslioglu A, Ozarmagan S, Tezelman S. Effects of thyroxine replacement on lipid profile and endothelial function after thyroidectomy. Br J Surg. 2007;94:1485-90 pubmed..A 3-week hypothyroid period after thyroidectomy led to a more atherogenic lipid profile and impaired endothelial function that persisted for at least 3 months. ..
- Bayrak F, Komurcu Bayrak E, Mutlu B, Kahveci G, Erginel Unaltuna N. Genetic analysis of the Irx4 gene in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2008;36:90-5 pubmed..Polymorphism A381>G of the Irx4 gene may have a modifier effect on septal thickness, resulting in increased corrected QT dispersion and higher outflow gradients. ..
- Kutlay M, Colak A, Simsek H, Ozturk E, Senol M, Topuz K, et al. Use of ultrasonography in ulnar nerve entrapment surgery--a prospective study. Neurosurg Rev. 2009;32:225-32; discussion 232 pubmed publisher..We also observed that as the degree of the nerve displacement by virtue of elbow flexion that is discerned by ultrasonography increased, a more aggressive decompressive surgery was needed for an appropriate treatment. ..
- Bez Y, Coskun E, Erol K, Cingu A, Eren Z, Topcuoglu V, et al. Adult strabismus and social phobia: a case-controlled study. J AAPOS. 2009;13:249-52 pubmed publisher..In adult strabismus patients, social phobia is a frequent psychiatric comorbidity. Adult patients with strabismus need to be carefully evaluated for social phobia for an appropriate referral and treatment. ..
- Kucukhuseyin O, Aydogan H, Isbir C, Isbir T. Associations of -374T/A polymorphism of receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) gene in Turkish diabetic and non-diabetic patients with coronary artery disease. In Vivo. 2009;23:949-54 pubmed..Possesion of the -374A allele may contribute to the CAD in diabetic patients with triggering macrophages by increased levels of AGEs. ..
- Emre A, Serin K, Ozden I, Tekant Y, Bilge O, Alper A, et al. Intrahepatic biliary cystic neoplasms: Surgical results of 9 patients and literature review. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:361-5 pubmed publisher..Complete surgical removal (liver resection or enucleation) of these lesions yields satisfying long-term results. ..
- Kubaloglu A, Sari E, Unal M, Koytak A, Kurnaz E, Cinar Y, et al. Long-term results of deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty for the treatment of keratoconus. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011;151:760-767.e1 pubmed publisher..Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty that uses the big-bubble technique is effective in patients with keratoconus. Long-term endothelial cell loss was moderate and lower than penetrating keratoplasty grafts. ..
- Yilmaz Y, Kurt R, Gurdal A, Alahdab Y, Yonal O, Senates E, et al. Circulating vaspin levels and epicardial adipose tissue thickness are associated with impaired coronary flow reserve in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:125-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the presence of a complex interplay between EFT, serum vaspin, and liver histology in promoting an impaired hyperemic stimulation of coronary blood flow in patients with NAFLD. ..
- Adalı S, Erkalp K, Erden V, Comlekci M, Bulbul M, Aldemir T. Spinal anesthesia and combined sciatic nerve/lumbar plexus block techniques in lower extremity orthopedic surgery. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2011;45:225-32 pubmed publisher..Although surgery preparation time was longer in the CSLPB group, patient-surgeon satisfaction was similar in both groups. ..
- Tas F, Ciftci R, Kilic L, Serilmez M, Karabulut S, Duranyildiz D. Clinical and prognostic significance of coagulation assays in gastric cancer. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2013;44:285-92 pubmed publisher..001) and INR (p?=?0.027) levels. Elevated DD levels tended to be a poor prognostic factor on outcome (p?=?0.06). Change in almost all coagulation tests are found in GC patients and only DD level seems to be of prognostic value. ..
- Yalniz Z, Tigli H, Tigli H, Sanli O, Dalay N, Buyru N. Novel mutations and role of the LKB1 gene as a tumor suppressor in renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12361-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the LKB1 gene is frequently altered in RCC and may play a role in RCC progression. ..
- Hatemi I, Hatemi G, Pamuk O, Erzin Y, Celik A. TNF-alpha antagonists and thalidomide for the management of gastrointestinal BehÃ§et's syndrome refractory to the conventional treatment modalities: a case series and review of the literature. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S129-37 pubmed..One fifth of our BehÃ§et's syndrome patients with gastrointestinal involvement were refractory to conventional treatment modalities. Remission was obtained with TNF-alpha antagonists and/or thalidomide in about 75% of the cases. ..
- Alahgholi Hajibehzad M, Durmus H, Aysal F, Gulsen Parman Y, Oflazer P, Deymeer F, et al. The effect of interleukin (IL)-21 and CD4+ CD25++ T cells on cytokine production of CD4+ responder T cells in patients with myasthenia gravis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:201-207 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that IL-21 enhances the proliferation of Tresp cells in the presence of Treg . An effect of IL-21 mainly on Tresp cells through IL-2 is implicated. ..
- Tokmak H, Mudun A, Turkmen C, Sanli Y, Cantez S, Bozfakioglu S. The role of peritoneal scintigraphy in the detection of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis complications. Ren Fail. 2006;28:709-13 pubmed..Routine laboratory evaluation or physical examination can detect some CPD-related problems; however, some patients require more complicated investigations to evaluate their problems properly. ..
- Ozgonenel L, Cetin E, Tutun S, Tonbaklar P, Aral H, Guvenen G. The relation of serum vascular endothelial growth factor level with disease duration and activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2010;29:473-7 pubmed publisher..004), but was not correlated with serum rheumatoid factor levels (r = -0.130; p = 0.424) in the patient group. In conclusion, higher VEGF levels are associated with late phase and high disease activity in RA, independent of age and sex. ..
- Inanli S, Oztürk O, Korkmaz M, Tutkun A, Batman C. The effects of topical agents of fluticasone propionate, oxymetazoline, and 3% and 0.9% sodium chloride solutions on mucociliary clearance in the therapy of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis in vivo. Laryngoscope. 2002;112:320-5 pubmed..The improvement of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis takes more than 3 weeks, according to the mucociliary clearance values of the groups. ..
- Kirali K, Mansuroglu D, Ozen Y, Bozbuga N, Tuncer A, Toker M, et al. Mitral clefts and interatrial septum defects: 15-year results. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2003;11:135-8 pubmed..Freedom from reoperation was 92.2% +/- 5.6% at 15 years. Surgical intervention can be performed for congenital anterior mitral leaflet cleft and interatrial septal defect with good results in both pediatric and adult age groups. ..
- Hamzaoglu I, Baca B, Boler D, Polat E, Ozer Y. Is umbilical flora responsible for wound infection after laparoscopic surgery?. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2004;14:263-7 pubmed..The umbilical flora and the bile are not the source of the surgical site infections after laparoscopic surgery in our study despite the considerations in the literature...
- Cetin B, Harmankaya O, Hasman H, Gunduz A, Oktar M, Seber E. Acute renal failure: a common manifestation of leptospirosis. Ren Fail. 2004;26:655-61 pubmed..We concluded that old age, oliguria/anuria, high serum bilirubin levels (>36 mg/dL), and high serum potassium levels might be risk factors that increase mortality in leptospirosis. ..
- Adaletli I, Yilmaz S, Cakir Y, Kervancioglu R, Bayram M. Fistulous communication between a hepatic hydatid cyst and the gallbladder: diagnosis with MR cholangiopancreatography. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;185:1211-3 pubmed
- Serin O, Konukoglu D, Firtina S, Mavis O. Serum oxidized low density lipoprotein, paraoxonase 1 and lipid peroxidation levels during oral glucose tolerance test. Horm Metab Res. 2007;39:207-11 pubmed..680, r=0.698 and r=0.431, respectively, for each p<0.01) in NGT. In conclusion, oxidative stress occurs at an early stage in diabetes, and protective effects of HDL against atherosclerosis may be dependent on the PON1 activities. ..
- Turan G, Ozgultekin A, Turan C, Dincer E, Yuksel G. Advantageous effects of dexmedetomidine on haemodynamic and recovery responses during extubation for intracranial surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2008;25:816-20 pubmed publisher..5 microg kg(-1) administered 5 min before the end of surgery stabilizes haemodynamics, allows easy extubation, provides a more comfortable recovery and early neurological examination following intracranial operations. ..
- Ozcinar B, Muslumanoglu M, Igci A, Gurdal S, Yavuz E, Kecer M, et al. Clinical importance of micrometastasis in sentinel lymph nodes. Breast. 2011;20:31-3 pubmed publisher..However, nonrandomized, nonprospective studies with 4-5 years follow up showed 0.6% axillary recurrence without further axillary lymph node dissection, although we still need the results of randomized controlled studies. ..
- Soluk Tekkeşın M, Mutlu S, Olgac V. Expressions of bax, bcl-2 and Ki-67 in odontogenic keratocysts (Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor) in comparison with ameloblastomas and radicular cysts. Turk Patoloji Derg. 2012;28:49-55 pubmed publisher..High expressions of bcl-2 and Ki-67 in odontogenic keratocysts accord with their aggressive clinical behaviour and a high recurrence rate. ..
- Malali E, Kadir T, Noyan U. Er:YAG lasers versus ultrasonic and hand instruments in periodontal therapy: clinical parameters, intracrevicular micro-organism and leukocyte counts. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30:543-50 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as there is a similar tendency between micro-organism and leukocyte count changes, leukocyte counts may be used as chairside marker to evaluate the efficacy of SRP. ..