Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Istanbul, Turkey
Locale: Istanbul, Turkey
- Eldem V, Celikkol Akçay U, Ozhuner E, Bakır Y, Uranbey S, Unver T. Genome-wide identification of miRNAs responsive to drought in peach (Prunus persica) by high-throughput deep sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50298 pubmed publisher..A set of differentially expressed miRNAs could pave the way for developing new strategies to alleviate the adverse effects of drought stress on plant growth and development...
- Tekirdag K, Korkmaz G, Ozturk D, Agami R, Gozuacik D. MIR181A regulates starvation- and rapamycin-induced autophagy through targeting of ATG5. Autophagy. 2013;9:374-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MIR181A is a novel and important regulator of autophagy and ATG5 is a rate-limiting miRNA target in this effect. ..
- Duz M, Karatas O, Güzel E, Turgut N, Yilmaz M, Creighton C, et al. Identification of miR-139-5p as a saliva biomarker for tongue squamous cell carcinoma: a pilot study. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2016;39:187-93 pubmed publisher..From our results we conclude that saliva can be used as a feasible source for routine TSCC diagnostics and that miR-139-5pÂ may serve as a potential biomarker for early TSCC detection. ..
- Soyocak A, Kurt H, Ozgen M, Turgut Cosan D, Colak E, Gunes H. miRNA-146a, miRNA-155 and JNK expression levels in peripheral blood mononuclear cells according to grade of knee osteoarthritis. Gene. 2017;627:207-211 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that correlation of miRNAs regulating and signal pathways can play an important role in OA pathogenesis and disease progression. ..
- Kara M, Kaplan M, Bozgeyik I, Ozcan O, Celik O, Bozgeyik E, et al. MTUS1 tumor suppressor and its miRNA regulators in fibroadenoma and breast cancer. Gene. 2016;587:173-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, as a potential therapeutic target, miR-183-5p can be a chief regulator of MTUS1 and MTUS1-miR-183-5p axis may have significant influence in the pathology of breast cancer. ..
- Yamac A, Kucukbuzcu S, Ozansoy M, Gok O, Oz K, Erturk M, et al. Altered expression of micro-RNA 199a and increased levels of cardiac SIRT1 protein are associated with the occurrence of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:232-6 pubmed publisher..001). Altered expression of the SIRT1 protein regulating miR-199a in human atrial tissue was found to be related to the occurrence of POAF, indicating its usefulness as a biomarker for cardiac surgery management. ..
- Ozgun A, Karagoz B, Bilgi O, Tunçel T, Baloglu H, Kandemir E. MicroRNA-21 as an indicator of aggressive phenotype in breast cancer. Onkologie. 2013;36:115-8 pubmed publisher..004). These results show that miR-21 is an indicator of an aggressive breast cancer phenotype and that it may be a new therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer in the future. ..
- Sevli S, Uzumcu A, Solak M, Ittmann M, Ozen M. The function of microRNAs, small but potent molecules, in human prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010;13:208-17 pubmed publisher..We believe that this will help investigators not only working in prostate cancer, but also studying the miRNAs in other diseases to delineate the functions of miRNAs implicated in human prostate cancer development and progression. ..
- Unver T, Bakar M, Shearman R, Budak H. Genome-wide profiling and analysis of Festuca arundinacea miRNAs and transcriptomes in response to foliar glyphosate application. Mol Genet Genomics. 2010;283:397-413 pubmed publisher..The results presented serve as analyses of genome-wide expression profiling of miRNAs and target mRNAs in response to foliar glyphosate treatment in grass species...
- UÄŸurel E, ÅžehitoÄŸlu E, TÃ¼zÃ¼n E, KÃ¼rtÃ¼ncÃ¼ M, Ã‡oban A, Vural B. Increased complexin-1 and decreased miR-185 expression levels in BehÃ§et's disease with and without neurological involvement. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:411-6 pubmed publisher..Significant expression alterations of CPLX1 in BD and NBD patients suggest that this molecule has a proinflammatory action. The putative role of CPLX1 in BD pathogenesis remains to be further studied. ..
- Bayrak O, Gulluoglu S, Aydemir E, Ture U, Acar H, Atalay B, et al. MicroRNA expression profiling reveals the potential function of microRNA-31 in chordomas. J Neurooncol. 2013;115:143-51 pubmed publisher..Our profiling may be the first step toward delineating the differential regulation of cancer-related genes in chordomas, helping to reveal the mechanisms of initiation and progression. ..
- Sezer Zhmurov Ã, Timirci Kahraman Ã, Amadou F, FazlÄ±oÄŸullarÄ± O, BaÅŸaran C, Catal T, et al. Expression of Egfl7 and miRNA-126-5p in Symptomatic Carotid Artery Disease. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:125-9 pubmed publisher..023). Our findings suggest that the upregulation of Egfl7 promotes neoangiogenesis within the plaques, contributing to disease progression. ..
- Gunel T, Zeybek Y, Akçakaya P, Kalelioglu I, Benian A, Ermis H, et al. Serum microRNA expression in pregnancies with preeclampsia. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:4034-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that detection of increased mir-210 levels in maternal serum could be used to improve prediction methods for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of preeclampsia. ..
- Kantar M, Unver T, Budak H. Regulation of barley miRNAs upon dehydration stress correlated with target gene expression. Funct Integr Genomics. 2010;10:493-507 pubmed publisher..Measurement of expression levels showed a positive correlation between levels of miRNA expression and suppression of their target mRNA transcripts in dehydration-stress-treated barley. ..
- Dalan A, Gulluoglu S, Tuysuz E, Kuskucu A, Yaltırık C, Ozturk O, et al. Simultaneous analysis of miRNA-mRNA in human meningiomas by integrating transcriptome: A relationship between PTX3 and miR-29c. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:207 pubmed publisher..miR-29c-3p and PTX3 are inversely correlated in tissues and meningioma cells, hinting that PTX3 can be regulated by miR-29c-3p. Furthermore, we determined potential clinicopathological markers. ..
- Kantar M, Lucas S, Budak H. miRNA expression patterns of Triticum dicoccoides in response to shock drought stress. Planta. 2011;233:471-84 pubmed publisher..These findings both computationally and experimentally highlight the presence of miRNAs in T. dicoccoides and further extend the role of miRNAs under shock drought stress conditions. ..