Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Ankara, Turkey
Locale: Ankara, Turkey
- Ates H, Ates I, Kundi H, Arikan M, Yilmaz F. A novel clinical index for the assessment of RVD in acute pulmonary embolism: Blood pressure index. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1400-1403 pubmed publisher..6% sensitivity and 80.8% specificity (Area under curve±SE=0.777±0.051; p<0.001). We found that BPI was an index with high positive predictive value and low negative predictive value in detection of RVD. ..
- Guler Tezel G, Sener E, Aydin C, Onder S. Prevalence of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutations in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer in Turkish Population. Balkan Med J. 2017;34:567-571 pubmed publisher..In this study, we aimed to investigate the prevalence of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations and mutation patterns in the Turkish population...
- Cassatella D, Howard S, Acierno J, Xu C, Papadakis G, Santoni F, et al. Congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and constitutional delay of growth and puberty have distinct genetic architectures. Eur J Endocrinol. 2018;178:377-388 pubmed publisher..002) and controls (2%, P = 6.4 × 10-7). Our data suggest that CDGP and CHH have distinct genetic profiles, and this finding may facilitate the differential diagnosis in patients presenting with delayed puberty. ..
- Akın O, Arslan M, Haymana C, Karabulut E, Hacihamdioglu B, Yavuz S. Association of neck circumference and pulmonary function in children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:27-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, close monitoring of respiratory symptoms, particularly in children with obesity and a large NC, could help with early and prompt determination of respiratory complications of obesity. ..
- Yazici K, Kapucu O, Erbas B, Varoglu E, Güleç C, Bekdik C. Assessment of changes in regional cerebral blood flow in patients with major depression using the 99mTc-HMPAO single photon emission tomography method. Eur J Nucl Med. 1992;19:1038-43 pubmed..The severity of depression is correlated with the reduction in CBF in the regions of the anterofrontal and left prefrontal cortex. ..
- Koseoglu B, Doğan A, Tatli H, Sezgin Ozcan D, Polat C. Can kinesio tape be used as an ankle training method in the rehabilitation of the stroke patients?. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2017;27:46-51 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that kinesio tape can be used as an ankle training method. ..
- Tekin K, Inanc M, Kurnaz E, Bayramoglu E, Aydemir E, Koc M, et al. Objective Evaluation of Corneal and Lens Clarity in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:190-197 pubmed publisher..743; P = .084). The children with type 1 DM had decreased lens clarity and increased LT, even in cases of well-controlled DM, without DR. It is reasonable to think that these changes might have been caused by the type 1 DM. ..
- Kurtul A, Acikgoz S. Validation of the CHA2DS2-VASc Score in Predicting Coronary Atherosclerotic Burden and In-Hospital Mortality in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:8-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, this score provides an additional level of risk stratification regarding coronary atherosclerotic burden and prognosis beyond that provided by traditional risk factors. ..
- Erdem A, Gedikli E, Yersal N, Karaismailoğlu S, Muftuoglu S, Fadillioglu E, et al. Protective role of erdosteine pretreatment on oleic acid-induced acute lung injury. J Surg Res. 2017;213:234-242 pubmed publisher..Erdosteine pretreatment prevents OA-induced oxidative stress and inflammation and protects the lung tissue against acute lung injury. ..
- Kosemehmetoglu K, Kaygusuz G, Fritchie K, Aydin O, Yapicier O, Coskun Ö, et al. Clinical and pathological characteristics of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) metastatic to bone. Virchows Arch. 2017;471:77-90 pubmed publisher..We could not identify any KIT or PDGFRA alterations predisposing to bone metastasis. ..
- Binar M, Akcam T, Karakoc O, Sagkan R, Musabak U, Gerek M. Effect of modern surgical treatment on the inflammatory/anti-inflammatory balance in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:719-727 pubmed publisher..Successful surgery and better continuous positive airway pressure compliance can help ameliorate inflammation in obstructive sleep apnoea patients, which may reduce associated morbidities. ..
- Asena L, Altinors D, Cezairlioğlu Ş, Bölük S. Effect of dry eye on Scheimpflug imaging of the cornea and elevation data. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:313-317 pubmed publisher..5) (p = 0.027). BAD anterior elevation differences and pachymetric measurements may be affected by ocular surface or tear film abnormalities associated with dry eye disease. Repeated evaluations after treatment may reveal normal results. ..
- Hendek M, Senses F, Kisa U, Aksoy N, Tekin U. Is the Level of Nitric Oxide in the Dental Follicular Tissues of Impacted Third Molars With a History of Recurrent Pericoronitis a True Marker of Oxidative Stress?. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:2058-2062 pubmed publisher..05). Results of this study showed that NO might be used as an indicator of oxidative stress and the necessity to remove impacted mandibular third molars with a history of recurrent pericoronitis. ..
- Aslan A, Şirin Özcan A, Erten S, Alsancak Y, Durmaz T. Assessment of local carotid stiffness in seronegative and seropositive rheumatoid arthritis. Scand Cardiovasc J. 2017;51:255-260 pubmed publisher..005) in seropositive patients. RA per se is sufficient to cause arteriosclerosis in the absence of classical CV risk factors. However, arterial hypertrophy is only increased in seronegative patients but not in seropositive group. ..
- Gungor O, Unal H, Guclu A, Gezer M, Eyileten T, Guzel F, et al. IL-33 and ST2 levels in chronic kidney disease: Associations with inflammation, vascular abnormalities, cardiovascular events, and survival. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178939 pubmed publisher..000). This is the first study that demonstrates that serum IL-33 and ST2 are associated with vascular injury, cardiovascular events, and survival in CKD patients. ..
- Turgut E, Duzgun I, Baltaci G. Effects of Scapular Stabilization Exercise Training on Scapular Kinematics, Disability, and Pain in Subacromial Impingement: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:1915-1923.e3 pubmed publisher..Progressive exercise training independent from specific scapular stabilization exercises provides decreased disability and pain severity in impingement syndrome. ..
- Gunalp B, Okuyucu K, Ince S, Ayan A, Alagoz E. Impact of tall cell variant histology on predicting relapse and changing the management of papillary thyroid carcinoma patients. Hell J Nucl Med. 2017;20:122-127 pubmed publisher..Patients with tall cell variant histology required more aggressive therapeutic approach and closer follow-up than classical patients. ..
- Akdur A, Kirnap M, Ayvazoğlu Soy E, Ozcay F, Moray G, Arslan G, et al. Unusual Indications for a Liver Transplant: A Single-Center Experience. Exp Clin Transplant. 2017;15:128-132 pubmed..Liver transplant effectively treats the underlying defect and the complications of portal hypertension, or risk of malignancy for those disorders, in which the liver is affected. ..
- Yilmaz S, Akıncı Özyürek B, Erdogan Y, Cirit Koçer B, Demirag F, Dadali Y, et al. Retrospective evaluation of patients with organizing pneumonia: is cryptogenic organizing pneumonia different from secondary organizing pneumonia?. Tuberk Toraks. 2017;65:1-8 pubmed..Although it is not asserted, cyst hidatic and anthracosis could be kept in mind for the list of underlying ethiologies for secondary OP. ..
- Kurtul A, Acikgoz S. Usefulness of Mean Platelet Volume-to-Lymphocyte Ratio for Predicting Angiographic No-Reflow and Short-Term Prognosis After Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:534-541 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the MPVLR was a strong independent predictor for angiographic no-reflow and short-term mortality in patients with STEMI who underwent pPCI. ..
- Corbacioglu S, Akinci E, Cevik Y, Aytar H, Oncul M, Akkan S, et al. Comparing the success rates of standard and modified Valsalva maneuvers to terminate PSVT: A randomized controlled trial. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1662-1665 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that modified VM therapy was more effective than standard VM for terminating PSVT. The modified VM therapy also indirectly reduced the need for anti-arrhythmic medication and indirectly caused fewer side effects. ..
- Ozarda Y, Ichihara K, Bakan E, Polat H, Ozturk N, Baygutalp N, et al. A nationwide multicentre study in Turkey for establishing reference intervals of haematological parameters with novel use of a panel of whole blood. Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2017;27:350-377 pubmed publisher..Regional differences in RIs were observed among the 7 regions of Turkey, which may be attributed to nutritional or environmental factors, including altitude. ..
- Mijalkov M, Kakaei E, Pereira J, Westman E, Volpe G. BRAPH: A graph theory software for the analysis of brain connectivity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178798 pubmed publisher..In the second study, using resting-state fMRI data, we compared healthy controls and Parkinson's patients with mild cognitive impairment. ..
- Marin Valencia I, Gerondopoulos A, Zaki M, Ben Omran T, Almureikhi M, Demir E, et al. Homozygous Mutations in TBC1D23 Lead to a Non-degenerative Form of Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:441-450 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides a causative link between TBC1D23 mutations and PCH and suggests a less severe clinical course than other PCH subtypes. ..
- Tütüncü E, Guner R, Gurbuz Y, Kaya Kalem A, Ozturk B, Hasanoglu I, et al. Adherence to Nucleoside/Nucleotide Analogue Treatment in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B. Balkan Med J. 2017;34:540-545 pubmed publisher..Adherence to medication is an important aspect of preventing drug resistance and treatment failure in patients receiving nucleos(t)ide analogues for chronic hepatitis B...
- Altintas A, Ciritoğlu M, Beyazyıldız O, Can C, Polat S. Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome Outbreak after Cataract Surgery Triggered by Viscoelastic Substance. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2017;24:43-47 pubmed publisher..Suboptimal products of surgical materials can be the cause of TASS. Close monitoring of each surgical step and elimination of causative agent can prevent the outbreaks of TASS. ..
- Uygun A, Oztürk K, Demirci H, Oger C, Avci I, Turker T, et al. Fecal microbiota transplantation is a rescue treatment modality for refractory ulcerative colitis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6479 pubmed publisher..Besides, FMT also appears to be definitely safer and more tolerable than the immunosuppressive therapy in patients with UC (NCT02575040). ..
- Patke A, Murphy P, Onat O, Krieger A, Ozcelik T, Campbell S, et al. Mutation of the Human Circadian Clock Gene CRY1 in Familial Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Cell. 2017;169:203-215.e13 pubmed publisher..6%, and reverse phenotyping of unrelated families corroborates late and/or fragmented sleep patterns in carriers, suggesting that it affects sleep behavior in a sizeable portion of the human population. ..
- Turk M, Yildirim F, Yurdakul A, Ozturk C. Hospitalization costs of lung cancer diagnosis in Turkey: Is there a difference between histological types and stages?. Tuberk Toraks. 2016;64:263-268 pubmed..05). There is no significant difference between costs related to diagnosis of different lung cancer types and stages in patients hospitalized in a university hospital. ..
- Johnson M, De Franco E, Lango Allen H, Al Senani A, Elbarbary N, Siklar Z, et al. Recessively Inherited LRBA Mutations Cause Autoimmunity Presenting as Neonatal Diabetes. Diabetes. 2017;66:2316-2322 pubmed publisher..A genetic diagnosis is important as it can enable personalized therapy with abatacept, a CTLA-4 mimetic, and inform genetic counseling. ..
- Carapito R, Konantz M, Paillard C, Miao Z, Pichot A, Leduc M, et al. Mutations in signal recognition particle SRP54 cause syndromic neutropenia with Shwachman-Diamond-like features. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:4090-4103 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, autosomal dominant mutations in SRP54, a key member of the cotranslation protein-targeting pathway, lead to syndromic neutropenia with a Shwachman-Diamond-like phenotype. ..
- Demirkaya E, Zhou Q, Smith C, Ombrello M, Deuitch N, Tsai W, et al. Brief Report: Deficiency of Complement 1r Subcomponent in Early-Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: The Role of Disease-Modifying Alleles in a Monogenic Disease. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1832-1839 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed a novel high-penetrance mutation in C1R as the cause of monogenic SLE. Disease expressivity in this family appears to be influenced by additional common and rare genetic variants. ..
- Akinci B, Onay H, Demir T, Savas Erdeve Å, Gen R, Simsir I, et al. Clinical presentations, metabolic abnormalities and end-organ complications in patients with familial partial lipodystrophy. Metabolism. 2017;72:109-119 pubmed publisher..FPLD, caused by pathogenic variants either in LMNA or PPARG is associated with metabolic abnormalities associated with insulin resistance that lead to increased morbidity. ..
- Gutiérrez Gutiérrez B, Salamanca E, de Cueto M, Hsueh P, Viale P, Paño Pardo J, et al. Effect of appropriate combination therapy on mortality of patients with bloodstream infections due to carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae (INCREMENT): a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:726-734 pubmed publisher..Spanish Network for Research in Infectious Diseases, European Development Regional Fund, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, and Innovative Medicines Initiative. ..
- Munz M, Willenborg C, Richter G, Jockel Schneider Y, Graetz C, Staufenbiel I, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies nucleotide variants at SIGLEC5 and DEFA1A3 as risk loci for periodontitis. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2577-2588 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the first shared genetic risk loci of AgP and CP with genome-wide significance and highlights the role of innate and adaptive immunity in the etiology of periodontitis. ..
- Maas R, Iwanicka Pronicka K, Kalkan Ucar S, Alhaddad B, AlSayed M, Al Owain M, et al. Progressive deafness-dystonia due to SERAC1 mutations: A study of 67 cases. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:1004-1015 pubmed publisher..MEGDHEL syndrome is a progressive deafness-dystonia syndrome with frequent and reversible neonatal liver involvement and a strikingly homogenous course of disease. Ann Neurol 2017;82:1004-1015. ..
- Gokcen E, Caltekin I, Savrun A, Korkmaz H, Savrun Ş, Yildirim G. Alterations in optic nerve sheath diameter according to cerebrovascular disease sub-groups. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1607-1611 pubmed publisher..001). In the early cases of CVD, mortality and morbidity can be decreased through the early diagnosis of the possible existence of ICP increase according to ONSD level. ..
- Balandiz H, Bolu A. Forensic mental health evaluations of military personnel with traumatic life event, in a university hospital in Ankara, Turkey. J Forensic Leg Med. 2017;51:51-56 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, this ratio was lower than the studies that have larger case numbers. There is still the need to conduct studies that will involve larger participants. ..
- Sezer O, Beksac M, Hajek R, Sucak G, Cagirgan S, Linkesch W, et al. Effects of single-agent bortezomib as post-transplant consolidation therapy on multiple myeloma-related bone disease: a randomized phase II study. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:61-71 pubmed publisher..4%), nausea (18% vs. 0) and vomiting (16% vs. 0). Compared with observation, bortezomib appeared to have little impact on bone metabolism/health, but was associated with trends for improved myeloma response and survival. ..
- Benli E, Ayyildiz S, Cirrik S, Noyan T, Ayyildiz A, Cirakoglu A. Early term effect of ureterorenoscopy (URS) on the Kidney: research measuring NGAL, KIM-1, FABP and CYS C levels in urine. Int Braz J Urol. 2017;43:887-895 pubmed publisher..These changes reached statistical significance for NGAL, but did not reach significance for the other parameters. In conclusion, the URS procedure significantly affects the kidney; however, this effect disappears over time. ..
- Güven A, Demircelik B, Gurel O, Er O, Aydin H, Bozkurt A. A coronary proatherosclerotic marker: Pregnancy-associated plasma protein A and its association with coronary calcium score and carotid intima-media thickness. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:467-473 pubmed publisher..0% and 79.4%, respectively, for the left measurements. This data support the conclusion that PAPP-A, like CCS and CIMT, is a parameter that can be used to detect subclinical atherosclerosis. ..
- Aksu M, Gorucu Coskuner H, Taner T. Assessment of upper airway size after orthopedic treatment for maxillary protrusion or mandibular retrusion. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017;152:364-370 pubmed publisher..Orthopedic treatment with either cervical headgear or activator did not result in different upper airway changes, but activator treatment resulted in increased middle airway space with regard to the Class II control group. ..
- Salt O, Durukan P, Ozkan S, Saraymen R, Sen A, Yurci M. Plasma copeptin levels in the patients with gastrointestinal bleeding. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1440-1443 pubmed publisher..It can, however, be used to make decisions on endoscopy and the hospitalization of patients with suspected gastrointestinal bleeding. ..
- Yagmurdur H, Binnetoğlu K, Astarci H, Yagmurdur M. Propofol attenuates cytokine-mediated upregulation of expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and apoptosis during regeneration post-partial hepatectomy. Acta Cir Bras. 2017;32:396-406 pubmed publisher..Propofol, as an anesthetic agent, may attenuate cytokine-mediated upregulation of iNOS expression and apoptosis in an animal model of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy. ..
- Yazici G, Kiratli H, Ozyigit G, Sari S, Cengiz M, Tarlan B, et al. Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Fractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy for the Treatment of Uveal Melanoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:152-158 pubmed publisher..The radiation therapy dose is of great importance for local control and eye retention; the best treatment outcome was achieved using â‰¥45Â Gy in 3 fractions. ..
- Sahli A, Belgin E. Adaptation, validity, and reliability of the Preschool Language Scale-Fifth Edition (PLS-5) in the Turkish context: The Turkish Preschool Language Scale-5 (TPLS-5). Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;98:143-149 pubmed publisher..Results of the study show that TPLS-5 is a valid and reliable language test for the Turkish children. ..
- Eksioglu U, Yakin M, Sungur G, Satana B, Demirok G, Balta O, et al. Short- to long-term results of Ahmed glaucoma valve in the management of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with pediatric uveitis. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:295-301 pubmed publisher..Tube exposure is an important complication in the long term. Differential diagnosis between relapse of uveitis and endophthalmitis is important in patients who received AGV implantation. ..
- Altay N, Kilicarslan Toruner E, Sarı C. The effect of drawing and writing technique on the anxiety level of children undergoing cancer treatment. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2017;28:1-6 pubmed publisher..Scores on the State Anxiety Inventory were lower-indicating lower anxiety-after the intervention (36.86 ± 4.12 than before it (40.46 ± 4.51) (p < 0.05). The therapeutic intervention reduced children's state anxiety. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Cekin N, Akyurek M, Pinarbasi E, Ozen F. MEFV mutations and their relation to major clinical symptoms of Familial Mediterranean Fever. Gene. 2017;626:9-13 pubmed publisher..The most common polymorphism was R202Q (13%). In addition, a novel heterozygous polymorphism at 564th nucleotide (C>T) of exon2 were found in 2 patients. ..
- Dikmen K, Bostanci H, Gobut H, Yildiz A, Ertunc O, Celik A, et al. Nonfunctional double parathyroid carcinoma with incidental thyroid micropapillary carcinoma: a rare case. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:241 pubmed publisher..Our case was also unusual in that double parathyroid carcinoma, which is a rare condition, was hormonally inactive. We aimed to present our case in the light of the literature due to its rare occurrence...
- Turktan M, Ak O, Erdem H, Ozcengiz D, Hargreaves S, Kaya S, et al. Community acquired infections among refugees leading to Intensive Care Unit admissions in Turkey. Int J Infect Dis. 2017;58:111-114 pubmed publisher..More research needs to be done to better understand how to deliver preventative and timely health care services to this group of patients. ..
- Aksam E, Demirseren M, Aksam B, Demirseren D, Inan H. Sphincter-Sparing Excision and Reconstruction Using Facial Artery Perforator Flaps for Lower Lip Carcinoma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1792.e1-1792.e8 pubmed publisher..Sphincter-sparing excision and reconstruction with facial artery perforator flaps comprise a safe and reliable treatment method for selected cases involving lower lip carcinomas. ..
- San Miguel J, Hungria V, Yoon S, Beksac M, Dimopoulos M, Elghandour A, et al. Panobinostat plus bortezomib and dexamethasone: impact of dose intensity and administration frequency on safety in the PANORAMA 1 trial. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:66-74 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that optimization of dosing with this regimen could improve tolerability, potentially leading to improved patient outcomes. ..
- Taşoğlu O, Sahin A, Karatas G, Koyuncu E, Tasoglu I, Tecimel O, et al. Blood mean platelet volume and platelet lymphocyte ratio as new predictors of hip osteoarthritis severity. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6073 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study, for the first time in the literature, suggest blood PLR and MPV as novel inflammatory markers predicting the radiographic severity of hip OA in the daily practice. ..
- Caglayan M, Kosekahya P, Takmaz T, Altunoglu A, Ayan B, Atilgan C, et al. Effects of hemodialysis on corneal and anterior chamber morphometry and intraocular pressure in patients with end-stage renal disease. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2017;80:176-180 pubmed publisher..05 for all correlations). Uncorrected IOP, corrected IOP, CCT, and CV values decreased after HD, whereas the anterior chamber morphometry values remained similar between the measurements performed before and after HD. ..
- Karaulov A, Mikhaylova I, Smolyagin A, Boev V, Kalogeraki A, Tsatsakis A, et al. The immunotoxicological pattern of subchronic and chronic benzene exposure in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2017;275:1-5 pubmed publisher..Despite the positive correlation between benzene toxicity and indicated increased immune responses, 45-day exposure to benzene appeared to be the most sensitive time point for evaluating benzene cytotoxicity. ..
- Ocak E, Kocaoz D, Acar B. How can we improve medical adherence to intranasal corticosteroids in children?. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;100:194-197 pubmed publisher..Moreover the father can be involved in the therapy plan and back up the mother as they are usually the responsible parent for children's medical therapy. ..
- Balci K, Balci M, Sen F, Akboga M, Kalender E, Yilmaz S, et al. Predictors of neurologically favorable survival among patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A tertiary referral hospital experience. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2017;45:254-260 pubmed publisher..005). In patients with OHCA, ischemic etiology is associated with better ROSC rate compared to other reasons for cardiac arrest, and patients with prolonged CPR are less likely to survive. ..
- Papatheodoridis G, Idilman R, Dalekos G, Buti M, Chi H, van Boemmel F, et al. The risk of hepatocellular carcinoma decreases after the first 5 years of entecavir or tenofovir in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2017;66:1444-1453 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;66:1444-1453). ..
- Ozay R, Türkoğlu M, Gürer B, Dolgun H, Evirgen O, Ergüder B, et al. The Protective Effect of Omeprazole Against Traumatic Brain Injury: An Experimental Study. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:634-643 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study showed that OM was as effective as MP in protecting brain from oxidative stress, and apoptosis in the early phase of TBI. ..
- Klingbeil K, Greenland C, Arslan S, Llamos Paneque A, Gurkan H, Demir Ulusal S, et al. Novel EYA1 variants causing Branchio-oto-renal syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;98:59-63 pubmed publisher..A variety of DNA changes including large deletions underlie BOR syndrome in different populations, which can be detected with comprehensive genetic testing. ..
- Akçay E, Carhan A, Hondur G, Tufan Z, Duru N, Kilic S, et al. Molecular identification of viral agents associated with acute conjunctivitis: a prospective controlled study. Braz J Infect Dis. 2017;21:391-395 pubmed publisher..True diagnosis plays an important role on prevention of contamination and unnecessary use of antibiotics in viral conjunctivitis. ..