Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Istanbul, Turkey
Locale: Istanbul, Turkey
Publications1005 found, 100 shown here
- Aydinoz S, Ersen A, Karademir F, Suleymanoglu S, Ozkaya H, Gocmen I. A case of cerebello-oculo-renal syndrome with situs inversus totalis: a new phenotype. J Child Neurol. 2007;22:204-7 pubmed..Imaging studies showed molar tooth sign, which was compatible with cerebello-oculo-renal syndromes and situs inversus totalis. ..
- Ozturk M, Koca O, Kaya C, Karaman M. A prospective randomized and placebo-controlled study for the evaluation of antibiotic prophylaxis in transurethral resection of the prostate. Urol Int. 2007;79:37-40 pubmed
- Cakir M, Cekic O, Bayraktar S, Yilmaz O. Spontaneous separation of epiretinal membrane in a child with Stargardt macular dystrophy. J AAPOS. 2007;11:618-9 pubmed..A period of observation seems appropriate in eyes with an epiretinal membrane associated with Stargardt's disease, as the membrane may show spontaneous release and the macular area may improve. ..
- Bayrak F, Komurcu Bayrak E, Mutlu B, Kahveci G, Erginel Unaltuna N. Genetic analysis of the Irx4 gene in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2008;36:90-5 pubmed..Polymorphism A381>G of the Irx4 gene may have a modifier effect on septal thickness, resulting in increased corrected QT dispersion and higher outflow gradients. ..
- Yavuz N, Ersoy Y, Demirkesen O, Tortum O, Erguney S. Laparoscopic incisional lumbar hernia repair. Hernia. 2009;13:281-6 pubmed publisher..We believe that the laparoscopic approach is feasible, safe, and the least invasive choice for repairing difficult hernias such as incisional lumbar hernias. ..
- Ciftci F, Dinc U, Ozturk V. The importance of lacrimal diaphragm and periosteum suturation in external dacryocystorhinostomy. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;26:254-8 pubmed publisher..Ext-DCR with suturation of the periosteum and lacrimal diaphragm method may provide an excellent functional and aesthetic outcome in the majority of patients. ..
- Koc M, Toprak A, Arikan H, Odabasi Z, Elbir Y, Tulunay A, et al. Toll-like receptor expression in monocytes in patients with chronic kidney disease and haemodialysis: relation with inflammation. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:955-63 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Our study demonstrates that TLR-2 is associated with the inflammatory response of non-dialysed and dialysed CKD patients. ..
- Karahasanoglu T, Hamzaoglu I, Aytac E, Baca B. Transvaginal assisted totally laparoscopic single-port right colectomy. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011;21:255-7 pubmed publisher..Totally laparoscopic transumbilical SP right colectomy with vaginal access is a feasible procedure, providing a scarless surgery, ensuring the preservation of the body image. ..
- Sener N, Gogus A, Akman S, Hamzaoglu A. Avascular necrosis of the femoral head after hip arthroscopy. Hip Int. 2011;21:623-6 pubmed publisher..We presume that avascular necrosis in our case was a result of a traction injury and increased intra-articular pressure...
- Coban N, Onat A, Güçlü Geyik F, Komurcu Bayrak E, Sansoy V, Hergenc G, et al. Gender- and obesity-specific effect of apolipoprotein C3 gene (APOC3) -482C>T polymorphism on triglyceride concentration in Turkish adults. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;50:285-92 pubmed publisher..Presence of obesity seems to be required for this genotype to induce markedly elevated triglycerides. Furthermore, it is associated with the dyslipidemia in men, without requirement of obesity. ..
- Eren M, Gungel H, Altan C, Pasaoglu I, Sabanci S. Comparison of dorzolamide/timolol and latanoprost/timolol fixed combinations on diurnal intraocular pressure control in primary open-angle glaucoma. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2012;28:381-6 pubmed publisher..5% fixed combination (DTFC) with latanoprost 0.005%/timolol maleate 0.5% fixed combination (LTFC) on diurnal intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma...
- Ceylan B, Yardimci C, Fincanci M, Eren G, Tözalgan U, Muderrisoglu C, et al. Comparison of tenofovir and entecavir in patients with chronic HBV infection. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:2467-73 pubmed..Patients with chronic HBV infection using tenofovir have better virological response than those using entecavir. ..
- Mansouri M, Kayserili H, Elalaoui S, Nishimura G, Iida A, Lyahyai J, et al. Novel DDR2 mutation identified by whole exome sequencing in a Moroccan patient with spondylo-meta-epiphyseal dysplasia, short limb-abnormal calcification type. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:460-465 pubmed publisher..Our study has expanded the mutational spectrum of this rare disease and it has shown that exome sequencing is a powerful and cost-effective tool for the diagnosis of clinically heterogeneous disorders such as SMED. ..
- Azboy I, Bulut M, Ancar C, Demirtas A, Ozkul E, Gem M, et al. The comparison of triceps-reflecting anconeus pedicle and olecranon osteotomy approaches in the treatment of intercondylar fractures of the humerus. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2016;22:58-65 pubmed publisher..TRAP is a succesful approach in the treatmet of intra-articular distal humerus fractures that provides better arc of elbow motion, reduces complications and reoperation rates. ..
- Aydin A, Gur E, Erener Ercan T, Can G, Arvas A. Comparison of Different Iron Preparations in the Prophylaxis of Iron-deficiency Anemia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2017;39:495-499 pubmed publisher..Although divalent Fe therapy led to a higher Hb and serum Fe level, both ferrous and ferric Fe preparations were effective for prophylactic use in the prevention of Fe deficiency and IDA with comparable side effects. ..
- Cakirer S, Cakirer D, Kabukcuoglu F. Aneurysmal bone cyst of the orbit: a case of rare location and review of the literature. Clin Imaging. 2002;26:386-91 pubmed..MRI study showed a well-circumscribed mutliloculated expansile lesion of the orbital roof. We additionally make a review of the literature for these rare lesions. ..
- Sahin F, Yilmaz F, Kotevoglu N, Kuran B. Efficacy of salmon calcitonin in complex regional pain syndrome (type 1) in addition to physical therapy. Clin Rheumatol. 2006;25:143-8 pubmed..We can conclude that calcitonin does not make any favourable contribution in the treatment of patients with acute CRPS 1; physical therapy combined with only a simple analgesic is an efficient means of therapy...
- Aydin S, Hanimoglu H, Tanriverdi T, Yentur E, Kaynar M. Chiari type I malformations in adults: a morphometric analysis of the posterior cranial fossa. Surg Neurol. 2005;64:237-41; discussion 241 pubmed..For this reason, the authors want to contribute to the current literature, which focuses on bone abnormalities in the PCF in patients with CMIs...
- Seker A, Yildirim O, Kurtkaya O, Sav A, Gunel M, Pamir M, et al. Expression of integrins in cerebral arteriovenous and cavernous malformations. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:159-68; discussion 159-68 pubmed..Integrins alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 are expressed more strongly in CCM endothelium than in AVM endothelium. In addition, integrin alphavbeta5 staining was stronger in CCM subendothelium than AVM subendothelium/media. ..
- Ersahin M, Kilic K, Gögüsgeren M, Bakirci A, Vardar Aker F, Berkman Z. Multiple brain metastases from malignant thymoma. J Clin Neurosci. 2007;14:1116-20 pubmed..The mean survival with a single brain metastasis is approximately 256 days, whereas with multiple brain metastases it is only 64 days, thus treatment of this tumor demands prompt surgery whenever possible and optimal adjuvant therapy. ..
- Bozcali E, Aliyev F, Agac M, Erkan H, Okcun B, Babalik E, et al. Unusual case of aortic valve involvement in patient with Löffler's endomyocarditis: management, follow-up and short review of the literature. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2007;24:309-13 pubmed..Here we describe a 59-year-old man with symptoms of progressive dyspnea on exertion, and productive cough as an unusual case of Löffler endomyocarditis with a mass on the aortic valve which showed regression with treatment...
- Bicer S, Soysal D, Ctak A, Uçsel R, Karabocuoglu M, Uzel N. Acute colchicine intoxication in a child: a case report. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2007;23:314-7 pubmed..We are reporting a case of previously healthy girl who developed a multisystem organ failure after colchicine intoxication. The patient recovered completely and had no residual outcome. ..
- Kiliçkan L, Yumuk Z, Bayindir O. The effect of combined preinduction thoracic epidural anaesthesia and glucocorticoid administration on perioperative interleukin-10 levels and hyperglycemia. A randomized controlled trial. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2008;49:87-93 pubmed..In addition, we found that while preinduction TEA reduced blood IL-10 levels, preinduction glucocorticoid and TEA+S increased the circulating levels of IL-10. ..
- Poyrazoglu S, Gunoz H, Darendeliler F, Bas F, Tutunculer F, Eryilmaz S, et al. Successful results of pamidronate treatment in children with osteogenesis imperfecta with emphasis on the interpretation of bone mineral density for local standards. J Pediatr Orthop. 2008;28:483-7 pubmed publisher..Prevalence of osteoporosis decreased after correction for national standard and volumetric BMD. Use of an appropriate reference database and method of data analysis are very important for correct evaluation of osteoporosis. ..
- Coban A, Hanagasi H, Karamursel S, Barlas O. Comparison of unilateral pallidotomy and subthalamotomy findings in advanced idiopathic Parkinson's disease. Br J Neurosurg. 2009;23:23-9 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study suggest that lesions of the unilateral STN and GPi are equally effective treatment for patients with advanced PD refractory to medical treatment. ..
- Coskunseven E, Jankov M, Hafezi F. Contralateral eye study of corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin and UVA irradiation in patients with keratoconus. J Refract Surg. 2009;25:371-6 pubmed
- Vatansever S, Gelisgen R, Uzun H, Yurt S, Kosar F. Potential role of matrix metalloproteinase-2,-9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1,-2 in exudative pleural effusions. Clin Invest Med. 2009;32:E293-300 pubmed..These results suggest that overproduction of MMP-9 and TIMP-2 is associated with accumulation of the pleural effusion in malignancy. Further studies with a greater number of patients are needed to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Giles Senyurek Y, Tunca F, Boztepe H, Alagol F, Terzioglu T, Tezelman S. The long term outcome of papillary thyroid carcinoma patients without primary central lymph node dissection: expected improvement of routine dissection. Surgery. 2009;146:1188-95 pubmed publisher..Initial CLND might be of value to prevent CCR and mortality in PTC patients with initial metastatic cervical lateral lymph nodes, older age (age >or=60), primary tumor size >or=3 cm, and agressive histopathologic features of PTC. ..
- Sevli S, Uzumcu A, Solak M, Ittmann M, Ozen M. The function of microRNAs, small but potent molecules, in human prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010;13:208-17 pubmed publisher..We believe that this will help investigators not only working in prostate cancer, but also studying the miRNAs in other diseases to delineate the functions of miRNAs implicated in human prostate cancer development and progression. ..
- Basegmez C, Berber L, Yalcin F. Clinical and biochemical efficacy of minocycline in nonsurgical periodontal therapy: a randomized controlled pilot study. J Clin Pharmacol. 2011;51:915-22 pubmed publisher..Minocycline demonstrated clinical benefit for periodontal therapy and provided further improvements on inflammatory mediators promising a host-modulating capacity. ..
- Yaylim Eraltan I, Arikan S, Yildiz Y, Cacina C, Ergen H, Tuna G, et al. The influence of cyclin D1 A870G polymorphism on colorectal cancer risk and prognosis in a Turkish population. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:2875-80 pubmed..270-24.417, p=0.02). On the other hand, the cyclin D1 GA genotype was associated with distant metastasis (p=0.016). Our findings suggest that genetic variants of A870G might be associated with distant metastasis and also gender. ..
- Cakir B, Kasımay O, Kolgazi M, Ersoy Y, Ercan F, Yegen B. Stress-induced multiple organ damage in rats is ameliorated by the antioxidant and anxiolytic effects of regular exercise. Cell Biochem Funct. 2010;28:469-79 pubmed publisher..Regular exercise with its anxiolytic and antioxidant effects ameliorates stress-induced oxidative organ damage by a neutrophil-dependent mechanism. ..
- Mansur A, Elcioglu N, Redler S, Serdar Z, Cetinel S, Betz R, et al. Marie Unna hereditary hypotrichosis: a Turkish family with loss of eyebrows and a U2HR mutation. Am J Med Genet A. 2010;152A:2628-33 pubmed publisher..By sequencing U2HR, we identified the mutation c.2T>C (M1T) in all affected family members. We concluded that there may be considerable clinical variations in MUHH, and that eyebrow loss is an important clue for accurate diagnosis. ..
- Salmaslioglu A, Erbil Y, Citlak G, Ersoz F, Sari S, Olmez A, et al. Diagnostic value of thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspiration biopsy for detecting metastatic lymph nodes in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2011;396:77-81 pubmed publisher..FNA-Tg measurement can be performed safely for the detection of lymph node metastasis in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinomas. ..
- Izmirli M, Arikan B, Bayazit Y, Alptekin D. Associations of polymorphisms in HPC2/ELAC2 and SRD5A2 genes with benign prostate hyperplasia in Turkish men. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:731-3 pubmed..04-5.1; p=0.01<0.05) , but not the other polymorphisms, and BPH. For the first time, our data demonstrate that the correlation between SRD5A2 gene Ala49Thr and polymorphisms is statistically significant in Turkish men with BPH. ..
- Selvi F, Cakarer S, Keskin C, Ozyuvaci H. Delayed removal of a maxillary third molar accidentally displaced into the infratemporal fossa. J Craniofac Surg. 2011;22:1391-3 pubmed publisher..The different surgical treatment options are classified, and the potential for morbidity in the surgical removal of the tooth from the infratemporal fossa is presented by ranging the vital anatomic structures running through it. ..
- Kiyat Atamer A, Ekizoglu E, Tuzun E, Kurtuncu M, Shugaiv E, Akman Demir G, et al. Long-term MRI findings in neuromyelitis optica: seropositive versus seronegative patients. Eur J Neurol. 2013;20:781-7 pubmed publisher..None of the AQP4-negative patients fulfill radiological MS criteria on a long-term basis, suggesting that seronegative NMO constitutes an independent entity. ..
- Ardeshna K, Qian W, Smith P, Braganca N, Lowry L, Patrick P, et al. Rituximab versus a watch-and-wait approach in patients with advanced-stage, asymptomatic, non-bulky follicular lymphoma: an open-label randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:424-35 pubmed publisher..Rituximab monotherapy should be considered as a treatment option for patients with asymptomatic, advanced-stage, low-tumour-burden follicular lymphoma. Cancer Research UK, Lymphoma Research Trust, Lymphoma Association, and Roche. ..
- Dalan A, Gulluoglu S, Tuysuz E, Kuskucu A, Yaltırık C, Ozturk O, et al. Simultaneous analysis of miRNA-mRNA in human meningiomas by integrating transcriptome: A relationship between PTX3 and miR-29c. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:207 pubmed publisher..miR-29c-3p and PTX3 are inversely correlated in tissues and meningioma cells, hinting that PTX3 can be regulated by miR-29c-3p. Furthermore, we determined potential clinicopathological markers. ..
- Acuna Hidalgo R, Deriziotis P, Steehouwer M, Gilissen C, Graham S, van Dam S, et al. Overlapping SETBP1 gain-of-function mutations in Schinzel-Giedion syndrome and hematologic malignancies. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006683 pubmed publisher..Drawing on previous studies of somatic SETBP1 mutations in leukemia, our results reveal a genotype-phenotype correlation in germline SETBP1 mutations spanning a molecular, cellular and clinical phenotype. ..
- Iskit S, Alpay H, Tugtepe H, Ozdemir C, Ayyildiz S, Ozel K, et al. Analysis of 33 pediatric trauma victims in the 1999 Marmara, Turkey earthquake. J Pediatr Surg. 2001;36:368-72 pubmed..The aim of this study was to analyze the clinical and laboratory data of pediatric trauma patients referred to a tertiary center after the 1999 Marmara earthquake...
- Ozden I, Emre A, Demir K, Balci C, Poyanli A, Ilhan R. Solitary pancreatic tuberculosis mimicking advanced pancreatic carcinoma. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2001;8:279-83 pubmed..Diagnostic laparotomy may be required in a small subset of patients. The response to antituberculosis treatment is very favorable. The role of resection (e.g., pancreatoduodenectomy) is very limited...
- Turna A, Kutlu C, Ozalp T, Karamustafaoglu A, Mulazimoglu L, Bedirhan M. Antibiotic prophylaxis in elective thoracic surgery: cefuroxime versus cefepime. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;51:84-8 pubmed..002). Cefuroxime as a prophylactic agent in major thoracic surgical operations was marginally more effective than cefepime, and presented an additional cost advantage. ..
- Harmankaya O, Seber S, Yilmaz M. Combination of pentoxifylline with angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors produces an additional reduction in microalbuminuria in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients. Ren Fail. 2003;25:465-70 pubmed
- Sehirli U, Saka E, Sarikaya O. Attitudes of Turkish anatomists toward cadaver donation. Clin Anat. 2004;17:677-81 pubmed..5%), and religious beliefs (3.6%). Although the majority of the respondents objected to donating their bodies due to psychological reasons, body donation was proposed as the main solution of cadaver insufficiency. ..
- Vural B, Chen L, Saip P, Chen Y, Ustuner Z, Gonen M, et al. Frequency of SOX Group B (SOX1, 2, 3) and ZIC2 antibodies in Turkish patients with small cell lung carcinoma and their correlation with clinical parameters. Cancer. 2005;103:2575-83 pubmed
- Tefekli A, Muslumanoglu A, Baykal M, Binbay M, Tas A, Altunrende F. A hybrid technique using bipolar energy in transurethral prostate surgery: a prospective, randomized comparison. J Urol. 2005;174:1339-43 pubmed
- Eryilmaz R, Samuk M, Tortum O, Akcakaya A, Sahin M, Goksel S. The role of dura mater and free peritoneal graft in the reinforcement of colon anastomosis. J Invest Surg. 2007;20:15-21 pubmed
- Ozkan M, Oflaz S, Kocaman N, Ozseker F, Gelincik A, Buyukozturk S, et al. Psychiatric morbidity and quality of life in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;99:29-33 pubmed..05). These findings suggested that psychiatric morbidity is high among ICU patients and is detrimental to their quality of life. ..
- Sonmez G, Ozturk E, Sildiroglu H, Mutlu H, Cuce F, Senol M, et al. MRI findings of intracranial tuberculomas. Clin Imaging. 2008;32:88-92 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to characterize the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings of intracranial tuberculoma, a form of neurotuberculosis...
- Alis H, Yigitbas H, Kapan S, Kalayci M, Kilic G, Aygun E. Multifocal adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast: an unusual presentation. Can J Surg. 2008;51:E36-7 pubmed
- Akman I, Kuscu M, Yurdakul Z, Ozdemir N, Solakoğlu M, Orhon L, et al. Breastfeeding duration and postpartum psychological adjustment: role of maternal attachment styles. J Paediatr Child Health. 2008;44:369-73 pubmed publisher..This study has shown an association between higher EPDS scores and breastfeeding cessation by 4 months after delivery. ..
- Karaman E, Duman C, Yagiz C. Giant trichilemmal cyst at the neck region. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:961-2 pubmed publisher..Trichilemmal cyst usually occurs in hair-bearing areas such as the neck, trunk, groin, and others. In this article, we report a case with giant TC involving the neck region...
- Aydin K, Kircan S, Sarwar S, Okur O, Balaban E. Smaller gray matter volumes in frontal and parietal cortices of solvent abusers correlate with cognitive deficits. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2009;30:1922-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the cognitive deficits are associated with the lower gray matter volumes in the frontal and parietal cortices of chronic toluene abusers. ..
- Uzun H, Konukoglu D, Albayrak M, Benian A, Madazli R, Aydin S, et al. Increased maternal serum and cord blood fibronectin concentrations in preeclampsia are associated with higher placental hyaluronic acid and hydroxyproline content. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2010;29:153-62 pubmed publisher..01, p<0.05 and p<0.05, respectively). FN in maternal serum, cord blood, and placenta is increased with elevated placental HA and HP levels, probably reflecting placental basement membrane alterations during preeclampsia. ..
- Sancak S, Hardt A, Singer J, Klöppel G, Eren F, Gulluoglu B, et al. Somatostatin receptor 2 expression determined by immunohistochemistry in cold thyroid nodules exceeds that of hot thyroid nodules, papillary thyroid carcinoma, and Graves' disease. Thyroid. 2010;20:505-11 pubmed publisher..It remains to be determined whether this finding could be of pathophysiologic or therapeutic relevance. The high SSTR2 density in CNs should be considered in the interpretation of SSTR scintigraphy-positive findings. ..
- Elboga U, Narin Y, Urhan M, Sahin E. FDG PET/CT appearance of multicentric Castleman's disease mimicking lymphoma. Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol. 2012;31:142-4 pubmed publisher..The clinical conclusions and PET/CT findings are described in this report. ..
- Ozer S, Ergun G. Social representation of events in world history: crosscultural consensus or Western discourse? How Turkish students view events in world history. Int J Psychol. 2013;48:574-82 pubmed publisher..Further research should focus on not only which events are considered as important historical events but also the reasons behind these. ..
- Bayrakli F, Poyrazoglu H, Yuksel S, Yakicier C, Erguner B, Sagiroglu M, et al. Hereditary spastic paraplegia with recessive trait caused by mutation in KLC4 gene. J Hum Genet. 2015;60:763-8 pubmed publisher..The 19 bp deletion in exon 6 generates a stop codon and thus a truncated messenger RNA and protein. The association of a KLC4 mutation with spastic paraplegia identifies a new locus for the disease. ..
- Pehlivan Y, Yolbas S, Cetin G, Alibaz Oner F, Cagatay Y, Yilmaz N, et al. Investigation of the association between Rho/Rho-kinase gene polymorphisms and systemic sclerosis. Rheumatol Int. 2016;36:421-7 pubmed publisher..The results strongly suggest that this SNP may be an important risk factor for development of SSc. However, further validation of these findings in an independent cohort is necessary. ..
- Ilhan M, Bulakci M, Bademler S, Gök A, Azamat İ, Ertekin C. The diagnostic efficacy of computed tomography in detecting diaphragmatic injury secondary to thoracoabdominal penetrating traumas: a comparison with diagnostic laparoscopy. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2015;21:484-90 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies with a larger sample size are necessary to further clarify the role of CT in detection of diaphragmatic injuries in thoracoabdominal sharp penetrating object injuries. ..
- Erginel B, Ozkan B, Gun Soysal F, Celik A, Salman T, Toker A. Sleeve resection for bronchial carcinoid tumour in two children under six years old. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:108 pubmed publisher..Bronchoplastic techniques are widely used in adults, can be very successful in paediatric patients where the preservation of the lung parenchyma is more important. ..
- Aglarci C, Demir N, Aksakalli S, Dilber E, Sozer O, Kılıç H. Bond strengths of brackets bonded to enamel surfaces conditioned with femtosecond and Er:YAG laser systems. Lasers Med Sci. 2016;31:1177-83 pubmed publisher..The sole use of a femtosecond laser system may not provide an adequate bond strength at the bracket-enamel interface. ..
- Panç C, Kocaaga M, Erdoğan O, Sarıkaya R, Umman S. Coronary microvascular dysfunction equivalent to left main coronary artery disease. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2017;45:278-280 pubmed publisher..Left main coronary artery or multivessel disease was suspected. Coronary angiography was normal, but coronary flow reserve measurement revealed severe microvascular dysfunction. ..
- Altiparmak M, Pamuk G, Pamuk O, Dogusoy G. Secondary amyloidosis in Castleman's disease: review of the literature and report of a case. Ann Hematol. 2002;81:336-9 pubmed..Still, effective treatment strategies need to be developed. ..
- Oral E, Ilvan S, Tustas E, Korbeyli B, Bese T, Demirkiran F, et al. Prevalence of endometriosis in malignant epithelial ovary tumours. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2003;109:97-101 pubmed..Both malignant and borderline ovarian tumours are associated with ovarian endometriosis. In addition, atypical endometriosis was found associated with endometrioid and mixed epithelial ovarian tumours. ..
- Mutlu H, Silit E, Pekkafali Z, Karaman B, Omeroglu A, Basekim C, et al. Multiple rice body formation in the subacromial-subdeltoid bursa and knee joint. Skeletal Radiol. 2004;33:531-3 pubmed..The clinical symptoms are usually non-specific. We report on a pathologically proven multiple rice body formation in both the left subacromial-subdeltoid bursa and knee joint in a 4-year-old girl...
- Calis A, Coskun B, Seven H, Sayin I, Basak T. Laryngeal mucoepidermoid carcinoma: report of two cases. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2006;33:211-4 pubmed..Both patients received radiotherapy (RT) and their 1-year follow-up showed no evidence of recurrence or metastasis. The diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of these cases are discussed...
- Iplikcioglu A, Bek S, Gokduman C, Bikmaz K, Cosar M. Diffuse villous hyperplasia of choroid plexus. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2006;148:691-4; discussion 694 pubmed..In this report we present a case of diffuse villous hyperplasia of the choroid plexus and a short review of the literature. To our knowledge, in the CT and MRI era only 5 cases of DVHCP cases have been reported. ..
- Pamukcu B. A review of aspirin resistance; definition, possible mechanisms, detection with platelet function tests, and its clinical outcomes. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2007;23:213-22 pubmed..The intent of this paper is to review the literature discussing possible mechanisms, determination techniques, and clinical effects of aspirin resistance. ..
- Gulec H, Sayar K, Yazici Güleç M. [The relationship between psychological factors and health care-seeking behavior in fibromyalgia patients]. Turk Psikiyatri Derg. 2007;18:22-30 pubmed..The rate of psychiatric and medical history is not related to the FMS syndrome. Expectations and a normalizing attribution style may contribute to help-seeking behavior for FMS. ..
- Pekin T, Yoruk P, Yildizhan R, Yildizhan B, Ramadan S. Three synchronized neoplasms of the female genital tract: an extraordinary presentation. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007;276:541-5 pubmed..We report a case of unusual co-existence of multiple primary neoplasms of female genital tract...
- Guven B, Eroglu A, Babaoglu K, Demir T, Guzeltas A, Oztunc F, et al. QT dispersion and diastolic functions in differential diagnosis of primary mitral valve prolapse and rheumatic mitral valve prolapse. Pediatr Cardiol. 2008;29:352-8 pubmed..8; p > 0.05). Our findings may indicate that QT dispersion can be used as a parameter for differential diagnosis of primary MVP and rheumatic MVP. Further studies are needed to identify a cut-off point of QT dispersion. ..
- Karatekin G, Kaya A, Salihoğlu O, Balci H, Nuhoglu A. Association of subclinical vitamin D deficiency in newborns with acute lower respiratory infection and their mothers. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2009;63:473-7 pubmed..The strong positive correlation between newborns' and mothers' 25(OH)D concentrations shows that adequate vitamin D supplementation of mothers should be emphasized during pregnancy especially in winter months. ..
- Kavala M, Kocaturk E, Zindanci I, Turkoglu Z, Altintas S. A case of livedoid vasculopathy associated with factor V Leiden mutation: successful treatment with oral warfarin. J Dermatolog Treat. 2008;19:121-3 pubmed publisher..A biopsy specimen revealed vasculopathy, and laboratory studies showed resistance to activated protein C with factor V Leiden mutation. Treatment with oral warfarin led to rapid improvement of the lesions. ..
- Altan T, Acar N, Kapran Z, Unver Y, Ozdogan S. Transconjunctival 25-gauge sutureless vitrectomy and silicone oil injection in diabetic tractional retinal detachment. Retina. 2008;28:1201-6 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this article was to evaluate the outcomes and complications of transconjunctival sutureless 25-gauge vitrectomy using silicone oil tamponade in diabetic tractional retinal detachment...
- Bozbuga M, Turan Suslu H. Aneurysmal bone cyst of the sphenoid bone extending into the ethmoid sinus, nasal cavity and orbita in a child. Turk Neurosurg. 2009;19:172-6 pubmed..The patient did not receive postoperative radiotherapy. No recurrence was observed after 22 months. ABC should be considered in the differential diagnosis of bone neoplasms in this region...
- Alpaslan E, Ercan B, Webster T. Anodized 20 nm diameter nanotubular titanium for improved bladder stent applications. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:219-25 pubmed publisher..In this manner, this study suggests that titanium anodized to possess nanotubular surface features should be further explored for bladder stent applications. ..
- Ozker E, Vuran C, Saritas B, Turkoz R. Valve-sparing replacement of the ascending aorta and aortic arch in a child with Loeys-Dietz syndrome. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012;41:1184-5 pubmed publisher..We believe that VSO is ideal for treating young patients with aortic root aneurysm with normal or minimally diseased aortic cusps to avoid the disadvantages of prosthetic valve replacements. ..
- Oktar T, Acar O, Atar A, Salabas E, Ander H, Ziylan O, et al. How does the presence of antenatally detected caliectasis predict the risk of postnatal surgical intervention?. Urology. 2012;80:203-6 pubmed publisher..During prenatal counseling, the presence of caliectasis requires more rigorous follow-up. ..
- Dalar L, Schuurmans M, Eryuksel E, Karasulu L, Kosar A, Altin S. Early tracheal stenosis causing extubation failure and prolonged ventilator dependency. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2013;41:108-12 pubmed..Early intubation-related tracheal stenosis should therefore be considered in cases of weaning or extubation failure and prompt appropriate investigation and treatment. ..
- Ekmekci A, Ozcan K, Gungor B, Abaci N, Osmonov D, Zencirci A, et al. The relationship between endothelial nitric oxide synthase 4a/4b gene polymorphism and premature coronary artery disease. Acta Cardiol. 2013;68:464-8 pubmed..The eNOS4a/b gene polymorphism may be associated with early development of atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction possibly secondary to deterioration of the endothelial function. ..
- ArÄ±kan M, Poyraz C, BaÅŸ A, SaÄŸlam N, Batun G, GÃ¼ltekin G, et al. Changing Trends in Treatment of Acute Mania: Experience of a Tertiary Centre Over a Decade. Psychiatr Q. 2016;87:305-13 pubmed publisher..Antipsychotic agents remained to be an important component of acute treatment of mania in our practice. ..
- Honca M, Dereli N, Kose E, Honca T, Kütük S, Unal S, et al. Low-dose levobupivacaine plus fentanyl combination for spinal anesthesia in anorectal surgery. Braz J Anesthesiol. 2015;65:461-5 pubmed publisher..spinal saddle block using hyperbaric levobupivacaine with both 12.5 Î¼g and 25 Î¼g fentanyl provided good quality of anesthesia without motor block for anorectal surgery in the prone position. ..
- Atasever Arslan B, Yilancioglu K, Kalkan Z, Timucin A, GÃ¼r H, Isik F, et al. Screening of new antileukemic agents from essential oils of algae extracts and computational modeling of their interactions with intracellular signaling nodes. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;83:120-31 pubmed publisher..According to results of rank score algorithm, five of these essential oils analyzed might be considered as in silico plausible candidates to be used as antileukemic agents. ..
- Altintas A, Ciritoğlu M, Beyazyıldız O, Can C, Polat S. Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome Outbreak after Cataract Surgery Triggered by Viscoelastic Substance. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2017;24:43-47 pubmed publisher..Suboptimal products of surgical materials can be the cause of TASS. Close monitoring of each surgical step and elimination of causative agent can prevent the outbreaks of TASS. ..
- Foschini M, Miglio R, Quinn C, Belgio B, Regitnig P, Bianchi S, et al. Prognostic impact of macrometastasis linear size in sentinel node biopsy for breast carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1421-1427 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that a Mac-m size of <7 mm is related to a low residual axillary disease burden in breast cancer patients with small (pT1) tumours. ..
- Ozgür E, Celik A, Darendeliler E, Gezer U. PCA3 Silencing Sensitizes Prostate Cancer Cells to Enzalutamide-mediated Androgen Receptor Blockade. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3631-3637 pubmed..Furthermore, PCA3 silencing sensitized PCa cells to enzalutamide-induced loss of cell growth. PCA3, as a therapeutic target in PCa, might be used to potentiate AR antagonists. ..
- Türk Börü U, Duman A, Bölük C, Coşkun Duman S, Taşdemir M. Botulinum toxin in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia: 6-Month follow-up. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8133 pubmed publisher..Injection to the maxillary and mandibular roots seems to be a highly effective method. In the event of recurrence, after each injection, the pain severity and attack frequency decreased. ..
- Mert A, Bilir M, Tabak F, Ozaras R, Ozturk R, Senturk H, et al. Miliary tuberculosis: clinical manifestations, diagnosis and outcome in 38 adults. Respirology. 2001;6:217-24 pubmed..The aim of the study was to determine the clinical, radiographic and laboratory characteristics, diagnostic methods, and prognostic variables in patients with miliary tuberculosis (TB)...