Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Düzce, Turkey
Locale: Düzce, Turkey
- Uzun H, Yazici B, Erdogmus B, Kocabay K, Buyukkaya R, Buyukkaya A, et al. Doppler waveforms of the hepatic veins in children with diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver. Eur J Radiol. 2009;71:552-6 pubmed publisher..479, p<0.001). Abnormal right hepatic vein Doppler waveform, biphasic as well as monophasic, can be seen in healthy obese children with diffuse FIL. ..
- Safak A, Simsek E, Bahcebasi T. Sonographic assessment of the normal limits and percentile curves of liver, spleen, and kidney dimensions in healthy school-aged children. J Ultrasound Med. 2005;24:1359-64 pubmed..To our knowledge, in clinical practice there are no pediatric organ dimension percentile graphs for interpretation of sonographic examinations. We hope this study contributes to daily practice in radiology clinics. ..
- Ozturk O, Demirci L, Egeli E, Cukur S, Belenli O. Papillary carcinoma of the thyroglossal duct cyst in childhood. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2003;260:541-3 pubmed..Histopathologic study demonstrated a papillary carcinoma. After 4 months of follow-up, the patient is asymptomatic without any evidence of recurrence. The clinical and histopathological features and therapeutic options are discussed. ..
- Turker Y, Ekinözü I, Turker Y, Akkaya M. High levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and uric acid can predict disease severity in patients with mitral regurgitation. Rev Port Cardiol. 2014;33:699-706 pubmed publisher..UA levels may be useful to assess the extent of left ventricular remodeling and in the optimal timing of mitral valve surgery in certain subsets of patients. ..
- Yanbuloğlu B, Celebi I, Yanbuloğlu U, Vural C. Two synchronous glomus tumors simulating a single mass: glomus vagale and glomus caroticum. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2006;12:177-9 pubmed..We report one patient with two synchronous glomus tumors, ipsilateral glomus tumor of the carotid body and glomus vagale on the right neck, simulating a single mass. ..
- Akman R, Cam K, Akyuz O, Erol A. Isolated congenital urethrocutaneous fistula. Int J Urol. 2005;12:417-8 pubmed..A case of congenital urethrocutaneous fistula not associated with other congenital anomalies is reported, discussing possible etiologies and surgical management. ..
- Kavak A, Yesildal N, Parlak A, Gokdemir G, Aydogan I, Anul H, et al. Alopecia areata in Turkey: demographic and clinical features. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008;22:977-81 pubmed publisher..Childhood alopecia areata (< or = 18 years) was also associated with long duration of the disease (P = 0.016) and positive family history (P = 0.008) when compared with adult onset (> 18 years) alopecia areata. ..
- Cam K, Kayikci A, Akman Y, Erol A. Prospective assessment of the efficacy of single dose versus traditional 3-day antimicrobial prophylaxis in 12-core transrectal prostate biopsy. Int J Urol. 2008;15:997-1001 pubmed publisher..The current study suggests that a single oral dose of antimicrobial prophylaxis is reasonable in TRUS prostate biopsy even in the case of 12-core sampling. ..
- Aydinli U, Karaeminogullari O, Tişkaya K, Ozturk C. Dural tears in lumbar burst fractures with greenstick lamina fractures. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:E410-5 pubmed..Therefore, if there is any suspicion of such an occurrence, it should be the rule to begin with posterior approach and use the open book technique to expose the dura safely before any reduction maneuver. ..
- Bulur S, Onder H, Aslantaş Y, Ekinözü I, Kiliç A, Yalcin S, et al. Relation between indices of end-organ damage and mean platelet volume in hypertensive patients. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2012;23:367-9 pubmed publisher..3 ± 2 fL, 8.2 ± 1.3 fL; P = 0.28) were similar either. We concluded that there was no correlation between MPV and markers of end-organ damage in hypertensive patients. ..
- Yucel I, Demiraran Y, Ozturan K, Degirmenci E. Complex regional pain syndrome type I: efficacy of stellate ganglion blockade. J Orthop Traumatol. 2009;10:179-83 pubmed publisher..Further, the duration between symptom onset and therapy initiation was a major factor affecting blockade success. ..
- Demirci F, Ozdemir I, Somunkiran A, Doyran G, Alhan A, Gul B. Abdominal sacrohysteropexy in young women with uterovaginal prolapse: results of 20 cases. J Reprod Med. 2006;51:539-43 pubmed..It maintains a durable anatomic restoration, normal vaginal axis and sexual function. The success rate is excellent for correcting prolapse, and the complications are minimal. ..
- Dindar S, Cinemre H, Sengul E, Annakkaya A. Mean platelet volume is associated with glycaemic control and retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. West Indian Med J. 2013;62:519-23 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, further prospective studies are needed to assess the relationship between MPV, glycaemic indices and microvascular complications. ..
- Gokkus K, Atmaca H, UÄŸur L, Ã–zkan A, Aydin A. The relationship between medial meniscal subluxation and stress distribution pattern of the knee joint: Finite element analysis. J Orthop Sci. 2016;21:32-7 pubmed publisher..Also the degree of the medial meniscal subluxation correlates with distribution and the amount of loadings on tibia cartilage which may be a prominent feature of knee osteoarthritis. ..
- Erdogmus B, Tamer A, Buyukkaya R, Yazici B, Buyukkaya A, Korkut E, et al. Portal vein hemodynamics in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008;215:89-93 pubmed..946, p < 0.001), MFV (r = -0.951, p < 0.001). The alteration in Doppler waveform pattern of portal vein with fatty liver population suggests reduced vascular compliance in the liver. ..
- Erdem H, Yildirim U, Uzunlar A, Cam K, Tekin A, Kayıkçı M, et al. Relationship among expression of basic-fibroblast growth factor, MTDH/astrocyte elevated gene-1, adenomatous polyposis coli, matrix metalloproteinase 9,and COX-2 markers with prognostic factors in prostate carcinomas. Niger J Clin Pract. 2013;16:418-23 pubmed publisher..The relationships we found between MMP-9 and COX-2, between MMP-9, and APC and between bFGF and AEG-1 as independent prognostic parameters could be helpful in the development of new therapeutic procedures. ..
- Ozcelik D, Toplu G, Unveren T, Kaçağan F, Senyuva C. Long-term objective results of proximal phalanx fracture treatment. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2011;17:253-60 pubmed..In stable proximal phalanx fractures, splints provide sufficient treatment. ..
- Okur M, Erbey F, Bektas M, Kaya A, Dogan M, Acar M, et al. Retrospective clinical and laboratory evaluation of children with brucellosis. Pediatr Int. 2012;54:215-8 pubmed publisher..Childhood brucellosis can cause non-specific complaints and particularly anemia and leukopenia as hematological abnormalities. It is easily treated, however, with appropriate antibiotics. ..
- Erkol Z, Hekimoglu Y, Buken B, Sirin G, Yilmaz R, Akkaya H. [Secondary victimization of traffic accident victims: getting buried without the declaration of forensic case and without having performed autopsy]. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2016;22:66-75 pubmed publisher..5%), it was not possible to determine whether there was causality between the accident and death. Our findings emphasize the importance of declaration of forensic cases and performing autopsy in time in traffic accident victims. ..
- Yavuz T, Nisli K, Oner N, Dindar A, Aydogan U, Omeroglu R, et al. Long term follow-up results of 139 Turkish children and adolescents with rheumatic heart disease. Eur J Pediatr. 2008;167:1321-6 pubmed publisher..020). In conclusion, the initial severity of valve involvement and the presence of CMAR at initial attack were found to be the best predictors for the severity of chronic rheumatic valvar disease in this study. ..
- Yazici S, Yazici M, Erer B, Erer B, Calik Y, Bulur S, et al. The platelet functions in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: anti-TNF-alpha therapy decreases the mean platelet volume and platelet mass. Platelets. 2010;21:126-31 pubmed publisher..According to these results, it can be suggested that both anti-TNF-alpha and conventional therapy might contribute to a decrease in the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in AS patients. ..
- Demiraran Y, Ozdemir I, Kocaman B, Yucel O. Intrathecal sufentanil (1.5 microg) added to hyperbaric bupivacaine (0.5%) for elective cesarean section provides adequate analgesia without need for pruritus therapy. J Anesth. 2006;20:274-8 pubmed..In addition, the incidence of pruritus was significantly lower in the 1.5-microg sufentanil group when compared with that in the 2.5- and 5-microg groups. ..
- Cag Y, Erdem H, Leib S, Defres S, Kaya S, Larsen L, et al. Managing atypical and typical herpetic central nervous system infections: results of a multinational study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:568.e9-568.e17 pubmed publisher..5% of the cases with and without encephalitic clinical presentation, respectively. Considering the subtle nature of HME, CSF HSV PCR, EEG and MRI data should be collected for all patients with a central nervous system infection. ..
- GÃ¼leÃ§ A, Albayrak H, Kayapinar O, Albayrak S. Pityriasis rosea-like adverse reaction to atenolol. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2016;35:229-31 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of pityriasis rosea-like adverse reaction to atenolol that is widely used in hypertension treatment. ..
- Kececi H, Degirmenci Y. Quantitative EEG and cognitive evoked potentials in anemia. Neurophysiol Clin. 2008;38:137-43 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that in iron-deficiency anemia, appropriate iron therapy can improve brain electrogenesis, as reflected by P300 and EEG power spectra. ..
- Yavuz M, Yavuz O, Yazici M, Guler S, Ozhan H, Albayrak S, et al. Interaction between Chlamydia pneumoniae seropositivity, inflammation and risk factors for atherosclerosis in patients with severe coronary stenosis. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2006;66:523-34 pubmed..These observations indicate that Cpn infection may be one entry point to the causal or contributory pathways that lead to atherosclerosis and its clinical manifestations. ..
- Celbek G, Gungor A, Albayrak H, Kir S, Guvenc S, Aydin Y. Bullous skin reaction seen after extravasation of calcium gluconate. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2013;38:154-5 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should be alert to the possibility of bullous skin reactions, which may be a predictor of extravasation and necrosis, when treating patients with IV calcium gluconate. ..
- Albayrak S, Ordu S, Yuksel H, Ozhan H, Yazgan O, Yazici M. Efficacy of nebivolol on flow-mediated dilation in patients with slow coronary flow. Int Heart J. 2009;50:545-53 pubmed..Nebivolol is effective at improving endothelial function in patients with SCF. It controls chest pain, decreases CRP, and has favorable effects on brachial artery dilation variables in patients with coronary slow flow. ..
- Gurleyik E. Changing trend in emergency surgery for perforated duodenal ulcer. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2003;13:708-10 pubmed..There is an obvious return from definitive anti-ulcer surgery to simple closure of the perforation followed by antisecretory and antibacterial medication in the recent years. ..
- Erbilen E, Yazici S, Ozhan H, Bulur S, Ordu S, Yazici M. Relationship between angiographically documented coronary artery disease and low bone mass in men. Circ J. 2007;71:1095-8 pubmed..66 and 17.49]; p=0.0049). Repeated statistical analyses with the acceptance of CAD as coronary artery stenosis >75% confirmed the same results. Low bone mass was significantly associated with angiographically documented CAD in males. ..
- Somunkiran A, Erel C, Demirci F, Senturk M. The effect of tibolone versus 17beta-estradiol on climacteric symptoms in women with surgical menopause: a randomized, cross-over study. Maturitas. 2007;56:61-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that tibolone may improve mood, libido and somatic symptoms in surgically menopausal women to a greater extent than estrogen therapy alone. ..
- Akcali G, Iskender A, Demiraran Y, Kayikci A, Yalcin G, Cam K, et al. Randomized comparison of efficacy of paracetamol, lornoxicam, and tramadol representing three different groups of analgesics for pain control in extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy. J Endourol. 2010;24:615-20 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference in side effects. This study suggests that paracetamol, lornoxicam, and tramadol can be safely and efficiently preferred in pain control during SWL. ..
- Karatas A, Is M, Yildirim U, Akyüz F, Gezen F. Thoracic intradural cystic schwannoma: a case report. Turk Neurosurg. 2007;17:193-6 pubmed..Differentiation of cystic schwannomas from other cystic mass lesions can be difficult. Magnetic resonance imaging and histopathological findings are important for evaluating these tumors. ..
- Aydogan I, Kavak A, Parlak A, Alper M, Annakkaya A, Erbas M. Persistent serpentine supravenous hyperpigmented eruption associated with docetaxel. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2005;19:345-7 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the second report of docetaxel-induced supravenous discoloration and we discussed the terminology and mechanism of this unique reaction. ..
- Ozhan H, Aydin M, Yazici M, Yazgan O, Basar C, Gungor A, et al. Mean platelet volume in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Platelets. 2010;21:29-32 pubmed publisher..404-201.048; p: 0.006]. We have shown for the first time in the literature that, patients with NAFLD have higher MPV. It may have prognostic value in NAFLD patients indicating a possible cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk increase. ..
- Erdem H, Oktay M, Yildirim U, Uzunlar A, Kayikci M. Expression of AEG-1 and p53 and their clinicopathological significance in malignant lesions of renal cell carcinomas: a microarray study. Pol J Pathol. 2013;64:28-32 pubmed..02). We concluded that high AEG-1 and p53 expression correlates with the prognostic parameters in RCC patients, and in addition may be associated with tumor progression. ..
- Kavak A, Dosoglu M. Can a spinal cord tumor cause brachioradial pruritus?. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002;46:437-40 pubmed..Although cases of brachioradial pruritus were reported in cervical osteoarthritis and cervical rib previously, to our knowledge, our patient is the first reported case of brachioradial pruritus caused by a tumor. ..
- Akdemir R, Duran S, Bulur S, Kaya A, Sozen S, Bilir C, et al. A closed interatrial septal aneurysm mimicking a tumor in the left atrium. Tex Heart Inst J. 2006;33:410-1 pubmed
- Kaya A, Ozturk C, Yavuz T, Ozaydin C, Bahcebasi T. Changing patterns of hepatitis A and E sero-prevalences in children after the 1999 earthquakes in Duzce, Turkey. J Paediatr Child Health. 2008;44:205-7 pubmed..01). Hepatitis A infection is still common, whereas hepatitis E infection appears to be relatively rare in paediatric age groups in Duzce, Turkey. ..
- Silan F, Yoshioka M, Kobayashi K, Simsek E, Tunc M, Alper M, et al. A new mutation of the fukutin gene in a non-Japanese patient. Ann Neurol. 2003;53:392-6 pubmed..This report emphasizes the importance of considering fukutin mutations for diagnostic purposes outside of Japan. ..
- Yilmaz I, Ermis F, Akata I, Kaya E. A Case Study: What Doses of Amanita phalloides and Amatoxins Are Lethal to Humans?. Wilderness Environ Med. 2015;26:491-6 pubmed publisher..25 ng/mL beta amanitin were found, and there was no gamma amanitin. Our findings suggest that the patient ingested approximately 0.32 mg/kg amatoxin, and fortunately recovered after serious hepatotoxicity developed. ..
- Erdogmus B, Yazici B, Akcan Y, Ozdere B, Korkmaz U, Alcelik A. Latent fatality due to hydatid cyst rupture after a severe cough episode. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;205:293-6 pubmed..As a conclusion, physicians should be aware of a temporary relief in abdominal pain after cyst rupture that may cause a delay in management and in turn loss of patient due to peritonitis. ..
- Tuzuner T, Parlak A, Kavak A, Alper M. A neglected case of macrodystrophia lipomatosa of the foot in an elderly man. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005;95:486-90 pubmed..As such, it may advance current knowledge of macrodystrophia lipomatosa. Special emphasis is given to the unique "bridge" formation seen radiographically in this case. ..
- Guclu E, Tokmak A, Oghan F, Ozturk O, Egeli E. Hemimacroglossia caused by isolated plexiform neurofibroma: a case report. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:151-3 pubmed..The present case is a diffuse isolated plexiform neurofibroma of the tongue that was not associated with neurofibromatosis that we treated with intraoral surgery...
- Erdogmus B, Yazici B, Ozdere B, Safak A. Anterior sacral meningocele simulating ovarian cyst. J Clin Ultrasound. 2006;34:244-6 pubmed..We report a case of an anterior sacral meningocele that was mimicking an ovarian cyst...
- Safak A, Is M, Sevinc O, Barut C, Eryoruk N, Erdogmus B, et al. The thickness of the ligamentum flavum in relation to age and gender. Clin Anat. 2010;23:79-83 pubmed publisher..05). The LF is an important anatomical structure, which might cause low back or leg pain. Therefore, the thickness of the LF should be measured and evaluated carefully in the case of spinal stenosis...
- Annakkaya A, Arbak P, Balbay O, Bilgin C, Erbas M, Bulut I. Effect of symptom-to-treatment interval on prognosis in lung cancer. Tumori. 2007;93:61-7 pubmed..To evaluate the relationship between delayed diagnosis and the degree of invasion and survival in lung cancer...
- Yavuz G, Unver Y, Sinclair S. Entoptic phenomenon following pars plana vitrectomy caused by retained preretinal gel. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2009;40:188-91 pubmed..This case should raise caution when considering vitrectomy surgery that requires posterior hyaloid stripping in patients with good vision. ..
- Oksuz S, Sahin I, Yildirim M, Gulcan A, Yavuz T, Kaya D, et al. Phospholipase and proteinase activities in different Candida species isolated from anatomically distinct sites of healthy adults. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:280-3 pubmed..1%) and skin (58.8%) isolates. We conclude that further investigations will be needed on the phospholipase and protease activity of Candida spp. in healthy subjects in order to clarify their contribution to fungal virulence. ..
- Ozturk C, Sahin I, Yavuz T, Ozturk A, Akgünoğlu M, Kaya D. Intestinal parasitic infection in children in post-disaster situations years after earthquake. Pediatr Int. 2004;46:656-62 pubmed..This study was conducted to determine the parasitic infection rate associated with the post-earthquake unhealty living conditions and related epidemiological risk factors...
- Ekmekcioglu O, Aliyev A, Yilmaz S, Arslan E, Kaya R, Kocael P, et al. Correlation of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake with histopathological prognostic factors in breast carcinoma. Nucl Med Commun. 2013;34:1055-67 pubmed publisher..F-FDG uptake may serve as a prognostic indicator for biological behaviour in breast tumours. ..
- Alper M, Balbay O, Akman Y, Arbak P, Cam K. Tuberculous orchitis in chronic renal failure. Med J Malaysia. 2004;59:118-9 pubmed..A high index of suspicion is required to recognize the unusual presentation of tuberculosis in this group of patients, and routine screening for tuberculosis may be recommended in patients undergoing hemodialysis...
- Gurleyik E, Coskun O, Aslaner A. Clinical importance of solitary solid nodule of the thyroid in endemic goiter region. Indian J Med Sci. 2005;59:388-95 pubmed..Endemic area and iodine supplementation may affect the pathogenesis of the nodule which commonly occurs in endemic thyroid enlargement due to iodine deficiency...
- Sencan I, Sahin I, Kaya D, Oksuz S, Yildirim M. Assessment of HAV and HEV seroprevalence in children living in post-earthquake camps from Düzce, Turkey. Eur J Epidemiol. 2004;19:461-5 pubmed..Essential precautions such as providing clean water and food supply must be taken and an emergency action plan for preventing the infectious disease must be prepared before disasters such as earthquakes. ..
- Dosoglu M, Is M, Pehlivan M, Yildiz K. Nightmare of lumbar disc surgery: iliac artery injury. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2006;108:174-7 pubmed..It is important for surgeons to be aware of these potentially fatal complications. Authors reported a case of major vascular injury recognised intra-operatively during posterior lumbar discectomy and repaired immediately...
- Safak A, Erdogmus B, Yazici B, Gokgoz A. Hydrocele of the canal of Nuck: sonographic and MRI appearances. J Clin Ultrasound. 2007;35:531-2 pubmed..The mass appeared as a simple cyst on MRI. Valsalva's maneuver during real-time sonography helped differentiate the hydrocele of the canal of Nuck from an inguinal hernia. ..
- Yucel I, Yazici B, Degirmenci E, Erdogmus B, Dogan S. Comparison of ultrasound-, palpation-, and scintigraphy-guided steroid injections in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2009;129:695-701 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to compare the efficacies of steroid injections guided by scintigraphy, ultrasonography, and palpation in plantar fasciitis...
- Simsek E, Simsek T, Tekgul S, Hosal S, Seyrantepe V, Aktan G. Wolfram (DIDMOAD) syndrome: a multidisciplinary clinical study in nine Turkish patients and review of the literature. Acta Paediatr. 2003;92:55-61 pubmed..Hypogonadism may be hypogonadotropic or hypergonadotropic. Bladder dysfunction does not always present as a large atonic bladder in WFS. A low-capacity, high-pressure bladder with sphincteric dyssynergia is also common. ..
- Coskun A, Duran S, Apaydin S, Bulut I, Sariyar M. Pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A: evaluation of a new biomarker in renal transplant patients. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:3072-6 pubmed..05). We concluded that PAPP-A level was elevated in renal transplant patients and that high levels of PAPP-A might be a prognostic marker owing to their close association with high serum levels of urea, creatinine, uric acid, and CRP. ..
- Demirci F, Ozdemir I, Somunkiran A, Topuz S, Iyibozkurt C, Duras Doyran G, et al. Perioperative complications in abdominal sacrocolpopexy and vaginal sacrospinous ligament fixation procedures. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007;18:257-61 pubmed..In conclusion, abdominal sacrocolpopexy had a higher rate of perioperative complications and longer hospital stay and operating time...
- Keskin M, Avşar S, Hayıroğlu M, Keskin T, Börklü E, Kaya A, et al. Relation of the Number of Parity to Left Ventricular Diastolic Function in Pregnancy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:154-159 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to evaluate the risk of gradual diastolic dysfunction after each pregnancy. ..
- Keskin M, Kaya A, Tatlısu M, Uzman O, Börklü E, Çinier G, et al. Effect of Adjunctive Thrombus Aspiration on In-Hospital and 3-Year Outcomes in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Large Native Coronary Artery Thrombus Burden. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1708-1714 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, adjunctive TA during PPCI was not associated with better in-hospital and 3-year all-cause deaths in patients with STEMI and a large coronary artery thrombus. ..
- Cinemre H, Bilir C, Gokosmanoglu F, Bahcebasi T. Hematologic effects of levothyroxine in iron-deficient subclinical hypothyroid patients: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:151-6 pubmed publisher..006). Subclinical hypothyroidism should be treated in iron-deficiency anemia patients when both conditions coexist. This would provide a desired therapeutic response to oral iron replacement and prevent ineffective iron therapy. ..
- Buken B, Erzengin O, Buken E, Safak A, Yazici B, Erkol Z. Comparison of the three age estimation methods: which is more reliable for Turkish children?. Forensic Sci Int. 2009;183:103.e1-7 pubmed publisher..05 (p<0.001)). Results show that the TW3 (for girls) and the GP (for boys) methods are more appropriate than the GOK atlas for estimating the BA. GOK could be used for boys aged 11-14 years but it should not be used for girls. ..
- Settbas Y, Alper M, Akcan Y, Gurbuz Y, Oksuz S. Massive gastrointestinal tuberculosis in a young patient without immunosuppression. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:2382-4 pubmed..The main point in this case is that widespread involvement of gastrointestinal tract can be brought about by non resistant strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis even in immunocompetent patients...
- Keskin M, Hayıroğlu M, Keskin T, Kaya A, Tatlısu M, Altay S, et al. A novel and useful predictive indicator of prognosis in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction, the prognostic nutritional index. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:438-446 pubmed publisher..4-12.4) than those at the higher PNI level. The present study demonstrated that the PNI, calculated based on the serum albumin level and lymphocyte count, is an independent prognostic factor for mortality in patients with STEMI. ..
- Arbak P, Bilgin C, Balbay O, Yesildal N, Annakkaya A, Ulger F. Respiratory symptoms and peak expiratory flow rates among furniture-decoration students. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2004;11:13-7 pubmed..457). In conclusion, early detection of work-related respiratory changes by serial monitoring of peak expiratory flows should save the workers from hazardous respiratory effects of the furniture production, especially in young population...
- Alper M, Aydin A, Ozdemir I, Suna M, Ciralik H, Aksoy K. Blue nevus with an unusual presentation: two patients with endocervical location. Ceska Gynekol. 2004;69:411-3 pubmed..To report two cases of endocervically located blue nevus...
- Somunkiran A, Yavuz T, Yucel O, Ozdemir I. Anti-Müllerian hormone levels during hormonal contraception in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007;134:196-201 pubmed..AMH may be considered a new marker in PCOS patients who are already on contraceptive treatment. ..
- Is M, Uzan M, Unal F, Kiris T, Tanriverdi T, Mengi M, et al. Intraventricular albumin: an optional agent in experimental post-traumatic brain edema. Neurol Res. 2005;27:67-72 pubmed
- Gunal O, Ozer S, Gurleyik E, Bahcebasi T. Does the approach to the groin make a difference in hernia repair?. Hernia. 2007;11:429-34 pubmed..The approach to the inguinal canal through the preperitoneal space appears to be less invasive than the transinguinal anterior approach. ..
- Uzun H, Alagoz D, Okur M, Dikici B, Kocabay K, Senses D, et al. Do gastrointestinal and respiratory signs and symptoms correlate with the severity of gastroesophageal reflux?. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:22 pubmed publisher..004). The coexistence of gastrointestinal and respiratory symptoms in the patients with GER may be related to the severe reflux. ..
- Yildirim U, Erdem H, Kayikci A, Sahin A, Uzunlar A, Albayrak A. Cyclooxygenase-2 and survivin in superficial urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and correlation with intratumoural microvessel density. J Int Med Res. 2010;38:1689-99 pubmed..COX-2 and survivin were significantly correlated in patients with pTa, but there was no correlation in pT1 tumours. These findings demonstrate that together, COX-2, survivin and MVD may play an important role in UC. ..
- Yucel I, Ozturan K, Demiraran Y, Degirmenci E, Kaynak G. Comparison of high-dose extracorporeal shockwave therapy and intralesional corticosteroid injection in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2010;100:105-10 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the results of high-dose extracorporeal shockwave therapy applied with an ankle block and corticosteroid injection in patients with plantar fasciitis whose symptoms persisted for more than 6 months...
- Yaman H, Yilmaz S, Alkan N, Subasi B, Guclu E, Ozturk O. Shepard grommet tympanostomy tube complications in children with chronic otitis media with effusion. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;267:1221-4 pubmed publisher..But they are generally insignificant and cosmetic. Consequently, in the majority of these complications there is no need for any management...
- Yazici S, Yazici M, Erer B, Calik Y, Ozhan H, Ataoglu S. The platelet indices in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: mean platelet volume reflects disease activity. Platelets. 2010;21:122-5 pubmed publisher..Both anti-TNF-alpha and conventional therapy decreases markers of inflammation and platelet indices. MPV can reflect both disease activity and response to treatment. ..
- Ozdemir D, Soypacaci Z, Sahin I, Bicik Z, Sencan I. Ochrobactrum anthropi endocarditis and septic shock in a patient with no prosthetic valve or rheumatic heart disease: case report and review of the literature. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2006;59:264-5 pubmed..In this paper, we report a case of O. anthropi endocarditis and septic shock in a patient who had no prosthetic valve or rheumatic heart disease, in contrast to previous reports...
- Yavuzcan A, Caglar M, Dilbaz S, Ustun Y, Ozdemir I, Yildiz E, et al. Clinical symptoms and diagnostic tools that are related to infertility and hydrosalpinx formation in women with advanced stage endometriosis complicated by endometrioma. Ginekol Pol. 2013;84:765-9 pubmed
- Senses D, Ozturk C, Yar N, Acar S, Bahcebasi T, Kocabay K, et al. Do baby wet wipes change periurethral aerobic flora?. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:225-6 pubmed..05); however, there was no significant difference in the frequency of uropathogen isolation between males and females. We therefore concluded that baby wet wipes are as safe as water for the cleaning of babies after diaper soiling. ..
- Ozturk O, Tokmak A, Demirci L, Silan F, Guclu E. Branchio-oculo-facial syndrome with the atresia of external ear. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2005;69:1575-8 pubmed..His mother had pseudocleft of the lip which led to the diagnosis. The importance of serial observations in patients with rare genetic disorders is emphasized...
- Akbay B, Yildizbas S, Guclu E, Yilmaz S, Iskender A, Ozturk O. Analgesic efficacy of topical tramadol in the control of postoperative pain in children after tonsillectomy. J Anesth. 2010;24:705-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study was conducted to evaluate the effects of topical tramadol on postoperative pain and morbidity in children undergoing tonsillectomy...