Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Ankara, Turkey
Locale: Ankara, Turkey
Publications830 found, 100 shown here
- Oc M, Ucar H, Pinar A, Akbulut B, Oc B, Akyon Y, et al. Heat shock protein70: a new marker for subsequent atrial fibrillation development?. Artif Organs. 2008;32:846-50 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, with this study, the association of pre- and postoperative circulating HSP70 with postoperative AF was demonstrated for the first time. ..
- Kutluhan A, Bozdemir K, Ugras S. The treatment of tongue haemangioma by plasma knife surgery. Singapore Med J. 2008;49:e312-4 pubmed..No complication, such as bleeding, shortness of breath or infection, occurred after the treatment. Plasma knife surgery is an acceptable choice for selected benign lingual vascular malformations. ..
- Akcali A, Levent B, Akbaş E, Esen B. [Typing of Shigella sonnei strains isolated in some provinces of Turkey using antimicrobial resistance and pulsed field gel electrophoresis methods]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2008;42:563-72 pubmed..This study indicated that different S. sonnei clones were in circulation in Turkey and these results constitute the basic molecular preliminary data for the National Enteric Pathogens Laboratory Network in Turkey...
- Civas E, Koc E, Aksoy B, Aksoy H. Report of two angiokeratoma of Fordyce cases treated with a 1064 nm long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2009;25:166-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser is a safe and effective method for the treatment of angiokeratoma of Fordyce...
- Micozkadioglu S, Erkan A, Kocer N. Necrotizing lymphadenitis of the neck. B-ENT. 2009;5:51-3 pubmed..This article discusses our case of histiocytic necrotizing lymphadenitis of the neck as well as the relevant literature. ..
- Guney Z, Uluoglu C, Yucel B, Coskun O. The impact of rational pharmacotherapy training reinforced via prescription audit on the prescribing skills of fifth-year medical students. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;47:671-8 pubmed..The cooperation of pharmacologists and clinicians helped the clerkship to reach the targets. ..
- Erdeve O, Arsan S, Atasay B, Ileri T, Uysal Z. A breast-fed newborn with megaloblastic anemia-treated with the vitamin B12 supplementation of the mother. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009;31:763-5 pubmed publisher..An interesting feature of the present case is that it is the only reported case of a newborn that was treated by supplementation of the mother. ..
- Tekin L, Yilmaz B, Alaca R, Ozcakar L, Dincer K. Coccyx fractures in patients with spinal cord injury. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2010;46:43-6 pubmed
- Berker D, Isik S, Aydin Y, Tutuncu Y, Akdemir G, Ozcan H, et al. Thyrotropin secreting pituitary adenoma accompanying a silent somatotropinoma. Turk Neurosurg. 2011;21:403-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we always recommend hormonal examinations for all patients who have pituitary adenoma without signs and symptoms of acromegaly. ..
- Tavil B, Balta G, Ergun E, Ozkasap S, Tuncer M, Tunc B, et al. Leptin promoter G-2548A genotypes and associated serum leptin levels in childhood acute leukemia at diagnosis and under high-dose steroid therapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:648-53 pubmed publisher..05) genotypes. These results revealed no association of leptin genotype with the etiology of childhood acute leukemia but a possible association with leptin levels and effects of HDMP therapy. ..
- Gulcelik M, Colakoglu K, Dincer H, Dogan L, Yenidogan E, Gulcelik N. Associations between adiponectin and two different cancers: breast and colon. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:395-8 pubmed..A low serum adiponectin level may be associated with both breast and colon cancer, and that this association is not statistically significant for either receptor or menopausal status in breast cancer groups. ..
- Orhan K, Uyanik L, Erkmen E, Kilinc Y. Unusually severe limitation of the jaw attributable to fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva: a case report with cone-beam computed tomography findings. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012;113:404-9 pubmed publisher..The case is presented and the clinical and imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment modalities are discussed. ..
- Aydin S, Canpinar H, Undeğer U, Guc D, Colakoğlu M, Kars A, et al. Assessment of immunotoxicity and genotoxicity in workers exposed to low concentrations of formaldehyde. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:145-53 pubmed publisher..Other examined immunological parameters were not different from those of the controls. There was no increased DNA damage in the workers compared to controls. ..
- Bozbas H, Pirat B, Yildirir A, Eroglu S, Simsek V, Sade E, et al. Coronary microvascular function in patients with isolated systolic and combined systolic/diastolic hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2012;14:871-6 pubmed publisher..29, P=.04) were the independent predictors of CFR. These findings indicate that CFR, an indicator of coronary microvascular/endothelial function, is impaired more profoundly in patients with ISH than in patients with combined SDH. ..
- Kanatli U, Gemalmaz H, Ozturk B, Voyvoda N, Tokgoz N, Bolukbasi S. The role of radiological subacromial distance measurements in the subacromial impingement syndrome. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2013;23:317-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the radiological subacromial distance measurements do not have enough clinical significance as predictive markers in the subacromial impingement syndrome...
- Rahebi J, HardalaÃ§ F. A new approach to optic disc detection in human retinal images using the firefly algorithm. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2016;54:453-61 pubmed publisher..Also, recorded required time for the detection of the optic disc in these images is 2.13Â s for DRIVE dataset, 2.81Â s for STARE dataset, and 3.52Â s for DiaRetDB1 dataset accordingly. These time values are average value. ..
- Engin A. The Pathogenesis of Obesity-Associated Adipose Tissue Inflammation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;960:221-245 pubmed publisher..In this chapter potential involvement of these factors that contribute to the adverse effects of obesity are reviewed. ..
- Topaloglu R, Bakkaloglu A, Slingsby J, Mihatsch M, Pascual M, Norsworthy P, et al. Molecular basis of hereditary C1q deficiency associated with SLE and IgA nephropathy in a Turkish family. Kidney Int. 1996;50:635-42 pubmed..No further examples of this mutation were found. ..
- Safak N, Bilgihan K, Gurelik G, Ozdek S, Hasanreisoglu B. Reactivation of presumed adenoviral keratitis after laser in situ keratomileusis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002;28:725-7 pubmed..Adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis can be reactivated after LASIK, unlike after photorefractive keratectomy, despite the absence of symptomatic and clinical findings before the procedure. ..
- Duydu Y, Suzen H. Influence of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) polymorphism on the frequency of sister chromatid exchange (SCE) and the number of high-frequency cells (HFCs) in lymphocytes from lead-exposed workers. Mutat Res. 2003;540:79-88 pubmed..On the basis of this result we suggest that ALAD 1-1 subjects might be more susceptible to cytogenetic effects of lead exposure than ALAD 1-2 subjects. There were no ALAD 2-2 subjects in the exposed and control groups. ..
- Kadioglu E, Sardas S, Aslan S, Isik E, Esat Karakaya A. Detection of oxidative DNA damage in lymphocytes of patients with Alzheimer's disease. Biomarkers. 2004;9:203-9 pubmed..0001) as compared with age-matched control subjects. It was also demonstrated that the comet assay is useful as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage when used with oxidative lesion-specific enzymes. ..
- Beyan E, Sadikoğlu B, Ertugrul E, Beyan C. Von Willebrand factor antigen levels in Behçet disease. Am J Hematol. 2005;79:70-2 pubmed..A linear correlation between serum ferritin levels and vWF:Ag levels was observed. These results demonstrate that elevated levels of plasma vWF:Ag are related to Behçet disease exacerbation rather than vascular involvement. ..
- Yalcin B, Tamer E, Toy G, Oztas P, Alli N. Development of pemphigus vulgaris in a patient with vitiligo and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. J Endocrinol Invest. 2005;28:558-60 pubmed..A genetic predisposition or a local event on vitiliginous skin may be responsible for the development of pemphigus in this patient. ..
- Ozmen M, Coskun F, Ziraman I. Falciform ligament in the management of the residual cavity for liver hydatidosis: new surgical technique. World J Surg. 2006;30:1722-8 pubmed..Using the falciform ligament as a flap for management of the residual cavity is an easy, safe, effective new technique with few complications. It might be a good choice in patients with hydatid liver disease. ..
- Selek H, Ozer H, Aygencel G, Turanli S. Compartment syndrome in the hand due to extravasation of contrast material. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2007;127:425-7 pubmed..Selection of non-ionic contrast material, careful evaluation of the intravenous administration site and close monitoring of the patient during contrast material injection may help minimize or prevent extravasation injuries...
- Cafer S, Bayramoglu I, Uzum N, Yilmaz M, Memis L, Uygur K. Expression and clinical significance of Ki-67, oestrogen and progesterone receptors in acoustic neuroma. J Laryngol Otol. 2008;122:125-7 pubmed..The objective was to assess the presence of Ki-67, and oestrogen and progesterone hormone receptors as well as their clinical correlates in acoustic neuroma...
- Kaptan K, Beyan C, Ifran A, Pekel A. Platelet-derived microparticle levels in women with recurrent spontaneous abortion. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2008;102:271-4 pubmed publisher..78+/-8.62% vs 10.78+/-7.35%; P>0.05). Our findings suggest that PMPs may have a role in the pathogenesis of recurrent spontaneous abortion. ..
- Aksu K, Firat Güven S, Aksu F, Ciftci B, Ulukavak Ciftci T, Aksaray S, et al. Obstructive sleep apnoea, cigarette smoking and plasma orexin-A in a sleep clinic cohort. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:331-40 pubmed..These results confirm previous studies demonstrating lower levels of plasma orexin-A in OSA patients and indicate that smoking may affect orexin-A levels and AHI. ..
- Soylemezoglu O, Ozkaya O, Ozen S, Bakkaloglu A, Dusunsel R, Peru H, et al. Henoch-Schönlein nephritis: a nationwide study. Nephron Clin Pract. 2009;112:c199-204 pubmed publisher..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the presentation, clinical and pathological manifestations and outcome of the Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) nephritis in children...
- Gungor T, Altinkaya S, Ozat M, Bayramoglu H, Mollamahmutoglu L. Primary malignant melanoma of the female genital tract. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;48:169-75 pubmed publisher..Surgery is the best available treatment for controlling and potentially curing malignant melanomas. ..
- Kanat Pektas M, Yenicesu O, Gungor T, Bilge U. Predictive power of sexual hormones and tumor markers in endometrial cancer. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010;281:709-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, both parameters should be regarded as the components of a biochemical screening panel that is to be developed in future. ..
- Babakurban S, Cakmak O, Kendir S, Elhan A, Quatela V. Temporal branch of the facial nerve and its relationship to fascial layers. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2010;12:16-23 pubmed publisher..An easy and safe surgical approach in this area is to elevate the superficial layer deep to the intermediate fat pad directly on the deep layer of the deep temporal fascia descending to the periosteum along the zygomatic arch. ..
- Sarisahin M, Cila A, Ozyar E, Yildiz F, Turen S. Prognostic significance of tumor volume in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2011;38:250-4 pubmed publisher..RTV in the first control after treatment was a significant prognostic factor on LRRFS. ..
- Bilgihan K, Hondur A, Sul S, Ozturk S. Pregnancy-induced progression of keratoconus. Cornea. 2011;30:991-4 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study showing pregnancy-induced keratoconus progression in patients with no accompanying disease. ..
- Algin O, Turkbey B, Ozmen E, Ocakoglu G, Karaoglanoglu M, Arslan H. Evaluation of spontaneous third ventriculostomy by three-dimensional sampling perfection with application-optimized contrasts using different flip-angle evolutions (3D-SPACE) sequence by 3T MR imaging: preliminary results with variant flip-angle mode. J Neuroradiol. 2013;40:11-8 pubmed publisher..As a non-invasive test, it can also be included among the first line of choices of MRI sequences for patients with obstructive hydrocephalus. ..
- Yalcin S, Ciftci A, Karnak I, Ekinci S, Tanyel F, Senocak M. Childhood pneumonectomies: two decades' experience of a referral center. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2013;23:115-20 pubmed publisher..Better compensatory lung growth and improvement in development after the operation will facilitate better health and improved life quality in children. ..
- Sekeroğlu M, Hekimoglu E, Sekeroğlu H, Arslan U. Retinopathy of prematurity: a nationwide survey to evaluate current practices and preferences of ophthalmologists. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2013;23:546-52 pubmed publisher..To emphasize the demographic and occupational characteristics of ophthalmologists primarily involved in retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) care and to ascertain their practices and preferences...
- Ok Bozkaya Ä, YaralÄ± N, IÅŸÄ±k P, Ãœnsal SaÃ§ R, Tavil B, TunÃ§ B. Severe Clinical Course in a Patient with Congenital Amegakaryocytic Thrombocytopenia Due to a Missense Mutation of the c-MPL Gene. Turk J Haematol. 2015;32:172-4 pubmed publisher..Burada, yenidoÄŸan dÃ¶neminde intrakranial kanama ile hastanemize baÅŸvuran c-MPL geninde ekzon 4â€™de yanlÄ±ÅŸ anlamlÄ± mutasyonu olan KAMTII tanÄ±lÄ± aÄŸÄ±r klinik seyirli bir kÄ±z sunulmuÅŸtur. ..
- Ozcan N, Ucar F, Arzuhal A, Bulut E, Oztürk A, Taslipinar Yavuz M, et al. Evaluation of the analytical performance of Unicel DXI 800 for the Total 25 (OH) Vitamin D measurements. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:486-491 pubmed publisher..Both methods moderately achieved to classify the patients according to their vitamin D status. However, we need further standardization of vitamin D assays to enhance the accuracy and comparability. ..
- Kurt G, Iseri H, Kisnisci R, Ozkaynak O. Rate of tooth movement and dentoskeletal effects of rapid canine retraction by dentoalveolar distraction osteogenesis: A prospective study. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017;152:204-213 pubmed publisher..We failed to reject the null hypothesis. DAD can reduce the duration of orthodontic treatment time by accelerating canine retraction in extraction patients without undesirable side effects. ..
- Tatlipinar S, Iener E, Ilhan B, Semerci B. Ophthalmic manifestations of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2001;11:223-6 pubmed..These children benefit from a treatment with neuroleptics under the supervision of a psychiatrist. ..
- Somer D, Ozkan S, Ozdemir H, Atilla S, Soylev M, Duman S. Colour Doppler imaging of superior ophthalmic vein in thyroid-associated eye disease. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2002;46:341-5 pubmed..01) and to optic neuropathy (P <.05). External compression of the SOV may contribute to the SOV blood flow decrease in orbits afflicted with thyroid eye disease, but proptosis is not relevant to the SOV blood flow decrease. ..
- Erbay A, Turhan H, Senen K. Double left anterior descending artery arising from the left main stem and right sinus of Valsalva: an extremely rare coronary artery anomaly. Acta Cardiol. 2003;58:417-9 pubmed..This is an extremely rare variety of congenital coronary artery anomaly. By an extensive review of the medical literature, we were able to find only four similar cases. ..
- Gümgüm S, Hoşgören B. Clinical and radiologic behaviour of ameloblastoma in 4 cases. J Can Dent Assoc. 2005;71:481-4 pubmed..Our results suggest the importance of long-term follow-up with various radiographic techniques. ..
- Nuamah N, Goker H, Kilic Y, Dagmoura H, Cakmak A. Spontaneous splenic rupture in a healthy allogeneic donor of peripheral-blood stem cell following the administration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (g-csf). A case report and review of the literature. Haematologica. 2006;91:ECR08 pubmed..We herein, report a case of spontaneous splenic rupture secondary to high-dose G-CSF use (20 mcg/kg/day), in a healthy female allogeneic donor of peripheral-blood stem cell (PBSC) . ..
- Misirlioglu C, Demirkasimoglu T, Kucukplakci B, Sanri E, Altundag K. Pentoxifylline and alpha-tocopherol in prevention of radiation-induced lung toxicity in patients with lung cancer. Med Oncol. 2007;24:308-11 pubmed..042, subacute phase P = 0.0001, late phase P = 0.256). PTX and Vit E combination might be considered especially in patients with lung cancer who receive concurrent chemo-radiotherapy, or have a poor respiratory function tests. ..
- Dagli M, Eryilmaz A, Tanrikulu S, Aydin A, Gonul M, Gul U, et al. Evaluation of cochlear involvement by distortion product otoacoustic emission in Behçet's disease. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2008;35:333-7 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate cochlear involvement in patients with Behçet's disease...
- Guzelkucuk U, Duman I, Taskaynatan M, Dincer K. Comparison of therapeutic activities with therapeutic exercises in the rehabilitation of young adult patients with hand injuries. J Hand Surg Am. 2007;32:1429-35 pubmed..To compare the efficacy of therapeutic activities that mimick the activities of daily living with that of traditionally used therapeutic exercises in the management of injured hands in young adult patients...
- Aydin I, Tokcaer Z, Dalgic A, Konu O, Akcali K. Cloning and expression profile of FLT3 gene during progenitor cell-dependent liver regeneration. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:2181-8 pubmed..The FLT3 receptor is activated at the late stages of liver regeneration and participates in the proliferation response that is observed during progenitor-dependent liver regeneration. ..
- Anaforoglu I, Nar Demirer A, Bascil Tutuncu N, Ertorer M. Prevalence of osteoporosis and factors affecting bone mineral density among postmenopausal Turkish women with type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Complications. 2009;23:12-7 pubmed publisher..000) and duration of diabetes (P=.000). Presence of microalbuminuria revealed a negative correlation with BMD at the femoral neck (P=.042). There is no evidence that type 2 diabetes influenced BMD in our postmenopausal patient group. ..
- Koytak E, Mizrak D, Bektas M, Verdi H, Arslan Ergul A, Idilman R, et al. PPAR-alpha L162V polymorphism in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2008;19:245-9 pubmed..Frequent occurrence of advanced disease in patients with L162V polymorphism suggests a role for this polymorphism in tumor progression. ..
- Gursel O, Altun D, Atay A, Bedir O, Kurekci A. Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection associated with pancytopenia: a case report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009;31:760-2 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae associated pneumonia. It is suggested that even though very rare, M. pneumoniae infection should be considered as the underlying disease in a patient presenting with pancytopenia. ..
- Yazici A, Celik C, Ozgunaltay G, Dayangac B. The effects of different light-curing units on the clinical performance of nanofilled composite resin restorations in non-carious cervical lesions: 3-year follow-up. J Adhes Dent. 2010;12:231-6 pubmed publisher..Over the 3-year study period, both curing units, QTH and LED, produced acceptable clinical results in noncarious cervical lesions. ..
- Ozcakar L, Tok F, Kesikburun S, Palamar D, Erden G, Ulaşli A, et al. Musculoskeletal sonography in physical and rehabilitation medicine: results of the first worldwide survey study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010;91:326-31 pubmed publisher..05). Physiatrists strongly believe that they should perform MSUS themselves, lack of education and lack of device seem to be important issues to be addressed, and even a 1-day course significantly changes awareness of MSUS. ..
- Coskun D, Celebi H, Karaca G, Karabiyik L. Remifentanil versus fentanyl compared in a target-controlled infusion of propofol anesthesia: quality of anesthesia and recovery profile. J Anesth. 2010;24:373-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the durations of anesthesia and operation were rather short, which indicates that fentanyl can be safely used. ..
- Ulu I, Tezer E. Adaptive and maladaptive perfectionism, adult attachment, and big five personality traits. J Psychol. 2010;144:327-40 pubmed publisher..Maladaptive perfectionism was significantly predicted by the neuroticism, anxiety, and avoidance dimensions of attachment. The authors discuss the implications, limitations, and future directions for research. ..
- Kara M, Ozcakar L, Gokcay D, Ozçelik E, Yorubulut M, Güneri S, et al. Quantification of the effects of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation with functional magnetic resonance imaging: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010;91:1160-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings showed that TENS treatment significantly decreased the pain-related cortical activations caused by stimulation of the median nerve-innervated fingers up to 35 minutes after treatment. ..
- Ocguder D, Tosun O, Bektaser B, Cicek N, Ipek A, Bozkurt M. Ultrasonographic evaluation of the shoulder in asymptomatic overhead athletes. Acta Orthop Belg. 2010;76:456-61 pubmed..001, p < 0.05 respectively). Ultrasonography appeared as an effective, convenient and non-invasive tool for the early diagnosis of shoulder pathologies occurring in overhead athletes, even in the asymptomatic stage. ..
- Türkoğlu K, Orhan K. Stafne bone cavity in the anterior mandible. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:1769-75 pubmed publisher..The differential diagnoses, treatment choices, and pathogenesis of these bone cavities are also discussed after the case presentation along with the literature review. ..
- Balci M, Sahin S, Mutlu F, Yagci R, Karanci P, Yildiz M. Investigation of oxidative stress in pterygium tissue. Mol Vis. 2011;17:443-7 pubmed..To investigate changes in the oxidant-antioxidant system in pterygium tissue...
- Can A, Balci D. Isolation, culture, and characterization of human umbilical cord stroma-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;698:51-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the isolation and culture of hUCS-MSCs still need better clarification to ultimately build an optimal standard procedure among laboratories, tissue banks, and clinics. ..
- Tuncel A, Aslan Y, Han O, Horasanli E, Seckin S, Atan A. Laparoscopic resection of periadrenal paraganglioma mimicking an isolated adrenal hydatid cyst. JSLS. 2010;14:579-82 pubmed publisher..We believe that the paraganglioma can mimic the radiological appearance of an isolated adrenal hydatid cyst, which should be taken into consideration during diagnosis...
- Bozdemir K, Kutluhan A, Cetin H, Yalciner G, Bilgen A. Comparison of outcomes of simple polypectomy plus balloon catheter dilatation versus functional endoscopic sinus surgery in nasal polyposis: a preliminary study. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2011;25:198-200 pubmed publisher..The improvement was also radiologically evident. At 1 year postsurgery, polypectomy plus BCD is as effective as FESS. Longer-term studies are necessary to validate this technique. ..
- Tumer T, Sahin G, Arinç E. Association between polymorphisms of EPHX1 and XRCC1 genes and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Arch Toxicol. 2012;86:431-9 pubmed publisher..With the inadequate polymorphic DNA repair protein, XRCC1, this situation ultimately leads to significantly increased susceptibility for childhood ALL. ..
- Kacar A, Arikok A, Azili M, Ekberli Ağirbaş G, Tiryaki T. Calretinin immunohistochemistry in Hirschsprung's disease: An adjunct to formalin-based diagnosis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2012;23:226-33 pubmed..The technique seemed very effective for lowering the need for excessive sectioning and practical regarding the erratic nature of the acetylcholinesterase staining. ..
- Berker E, Kantarci A, Hasturk H, Van Dyke T. Blocking proinflammatory cytokine release modulates peripheral blood mononuclear cell response to Porphyromonas gingivalis. J Periodontol. 2013;84:1337-45 pubmed publisher..Monocytes are an important source of IL-10 production, and monocyte-derived IL-10 might play a regulatory role in the pathogenesis of CP. ..
- Kara S, Emeksiz Z, AlioÄŸlu B, Dallar Bilge Y. Effects of neonatal sepsis on thrombocyte tests. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016;29:1406-8 pubmed publisher..Based on the results, we concluded that large-scale studies with recurrent tests performed in different periods of sepsis are needed. ..
- Gursel A, Gursoy A, Anli E, Budak S, Aydemir S, Durlu Ozkaya F. Role of milk protein-based products in some quality attributes of goat milk yogurt. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:2694-2703 pubmed publisher..thermophilus. Yogurt with NaCn was the best accepted among the yogurts. For the parameters used, milk protein-based products such as NaCn or WPC have promising features as suitable ingredients for goat milk yogurt manufacture. ..
- Papatheodoridis G, Idilman R, Dalekos G, Buti M, Chi H, van Boemmel F, et al. The risk of hepatocellular carcinoma decreases after the first 5 years of entecavir or tenofovir in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2017;66:1444-1453 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;66:1444-1453). ..
- Aytekin F, Tekin K, Kocaoglu H, Erdem E. An alternative method for preventing extravasation complications in vascular access catheters with reservoirs for subcutaneous infusion: the double injection technique. Tumori. 2002;88:411-3 pubmed..To prevent this problem we describe an easy method that could be an alternative to the widely used ultrasonography-guided injection method...
- Micozkadioglu H, Colak T, Akcay A, Sezer S, Atac F, Verdi H, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism significantly affects renal posttransplantation erythrocytosis. Transplant Proc. 2004;36:161-3 pubmed..05, RR = 7.714 and P <.03, RR = 10.199, respectively). While previous studies revealed a relation between angiotensin II and PE, our study discovered the contribution of ACE gene polymorphism. ..
- Beskonakli E, Solaroglu I, Tun K, Albayrak L. Primary intracranial hydatid cyst in the interpeduncular cistern. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2005;147:781-3; discussion 783 pubmed..In this report, a case of 33-year-old male with primary intracranial hydatid cyst in the interpeduncular cistern is reported. This is the first such case in the literature...
- Muftuoglu O, Hosal B, Karel F, Zilelioglu G. Drug-induced intraocular lens movement and near visual acuity after AcrySof intraocular lens implantation. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005;31:1298-305 pubmed..This points out pseudoaccommodation rather than pseudophakic accommodation. Ultrasound biomicroscopy is useful in determining the ACD and the relation between the IOL and the surrounding tissues after cataract surgery. ..
- Sezer S, Tutal E, Arat Z, Akcay A, Celik H, Ozdemir F, et al. Peritoneal transport status influence on atherosclerosis/inflammation in CAPD patients. J Ren Nutr. 2005;15:427-34 pubmed..High-transporter patients are at an increased risk of atherosclerosis when compared with their low-transporter counterparts through chronic inflammation. ..
- Ergonul O. Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006;6:203-14 pubmed..Health-care workers have a serious risk of infection, particularly during care of patients with haemorrhages from the nose, mouth, gums, vagina, and injection sites. Simple barrier precautions have been reported to be effective...
- Aydin E, Akdogan V, Akkuzu G, Ilgici D. Malignant eccrine poroma invading the parotid gland. Acta Otolaryngol. 2006;126:435-7 pubmed..The lesion was treated using a superficial parotidectomy approach including the overlying skin. Simultaneous neck dissection was performed. The diagnosis was malignant eccrine poroma invading the parotid gland...
- Turgut S, Ozalp G, Dikmen S, Savli S, Tuncel G, Kadiogullari N. Acupressure for postoperative nausea and vomiting in gynaecological patients receiving patient-controlled analgesia. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2007;24:87-91 pubmed..To evaluate the effectiveness of acupressure in preventing nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing gynaecological operations and receiving a patient-controlled analgesia device...
- Olgar S, Yetgin S, Cetin M, Aras T. Can renal leukemic infiltration cause hypertension in children?. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2006;28:579-84 pubmed..Hypertension was also found to be a risk factor for renal parenchymal disorder in the follow-up period. ..
- Sirmaci A, Akcayoz Duman D, Tekin M. The c.IVS1+1G>A mutation in the GJB2 gene is prevalent and large deletions involving the GJB6 gene are not present in the Turkish population. J Genet. 2006;85:213-6 pubmed
- Guler O, Basaran A, Guven S, Ayhan A. Spontaneous uterine perforation in an immunocompromised menopausal woman with pelvic actinomycosis. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2007;99:134-5 pubmed
- Guven G, Cehreli Z, Altun C, Sencimen M, Ide S, Bayari S, et al. Mucopolysaccharidosis type I (Hurler syndrome): oral and radiographic findings and ultrastructural/chemical features of enamel and dentin. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;105:72-8 pubmed..Also, an increase was observed in the relative mineral/matrix ratio of MPS I-H-affected dentin, indicating that its protein content had decreased in comparison with normal dentin. ..
- Ates Y, Degertekin B, Erdil A, Yaman H, Dagalp K. Serum ghrelin levels in inflammatory bowel disease with relation to disease activity and nutritional status. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:2215-21 pubmed..Finally, we arrived at the conclusion that ghrelin level may be important in determination of the activity in IBD patients and evaluation of nutritional status. ..
- Oktem M, Ozcimen E, Uckuyu A, Esinler I, Pamuk B, Bayraktar N, et al. Polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with elevated plasma soluble CD40 ligand, a marker of coronary artery disease. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:2545-50 pubmed publisher..To determine the level of plasma soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Yemisen M, Mete B, Tunali Y, Yentur E, Ozturk R. A meningitis case due to Stenotrophomonas maltophilia and review of the literature. Int J Infect Dis. 2008;12:e125-7 pubmed publisher..Most cases were associated with neurosurgical procedures. Antimicrobial therapy is complicated by multiple drug resistance of the organism, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole is the recommended agent for treatment. ..
- Ayberk G, Ozveren F, Gok B, Yazgan A, Tosun H, Seckin Z, et al. Lumbar synovial cysts: experience with nine cases. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2008;48:298-303; discussion 303 pubmed..Operative results were excellent in six and good in three patients. Lumbar spinal synovial cysts should be considered in differential diagnosis of lumbar radiculopathy/neurogenic claudication and is surgically treatable. ..
- Bodur H, Eser F, Konca S, Arikan S. Infliximab-induced lupus-like syndrome in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatol Int. 2009;29:451-4 pubmed publisher..As far as we acknowledge, the present case is the third AS case with infliximab-induced lupus. ..
- Bakkalbaşi E, Menteş O, Artik N. Food ellagitannins-occurrence, effects of processing and storage. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2009;49:283-98 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews research about occurrence in foods, change during process, and antioxidant activity of ellagitannins and ellagic acid. ..
- Ozsoy M, Tuccar E, Demiryurek D, Bayramoglu A, Hayran M, Cavusoglu A, et al. Minimally invasive plating of the distal tibia: do we really sacrifice saphenous vein and nerve? A cadaver study. J Orthop Trauma. 2009;23:132-8 pubmed publisher..Careful dissection in the stab incisions down the plate, atraumatic placement of the drill sleeves, and protection of the soft tissues during screw insertion might decrease the risk of injury to the SN and GSV. ..