Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Ankara, Turkey
Locale: Ankara, Turkey
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Karakas M. Life cycle and mating behavior of Zygotylenchus guevarai (Nematoda: Pratylenchidae) on excised Petroselinum crispum roots. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007;10:4152-5 pubmed..Mating was required for reproduction. After mating, fertilized females began to lay eggs. The life cycle from second stage juvenile to second stage juvenile was completed in 43 days. ..
- Kesik V, Guven A, Vurucu S, Tunc T, Uysal B, Gundogdu G, et al. Melatonin and 1400 W ameliorate both intestinal and remote organ injury following mesenteric ischemia/reperfusion. J Surg Res. 2009;157:e97-e105 pubmed publisher..05). Melatonin and 1400W, either alone or in combination, were efficient in ameliorating experimental I/R injury of the intestines. ..
- Zeydanli E, Turan B. Omega-3E treatment regulates matrix metalloproteinases and prevents vascular reactivity alterations in diabetic rat aorta. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;87:1063-73 pubmed publisher..Such an observation provides preliminary evidence for omega-3E's potential as a therapeutic agent for the prevention of vascular disorders in diabetes. ..
- Kacar Kocak M, Yazihan N, Akcil E, Bay M, Aslan O. The effect of chronic cadmium toxicity on blood pressure and plasma viscosity. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2010;37:82-7 pubmed publisher..001). In the experimental group, changes in heart rate between weeks were significant (p < 0.001). According to our findings, Cd toxicity may lead to an increase in blood pressure by increasing plasma viscosity. ..
- Ergun G, Egilmez F, Yilmaz S. Effect of reduced exposure times on the cytotoxicity of resin luting cements cured by high-power led. J Appl Oral Sci. 2011;19:286-92 pubmed..418 p<0.001, respectively). The results of this study suggest that reduction of curing time significantly enhances the cytotoxicity of the studied resin cement materials, therefore compromising their clinical performance. ..
- Bircan F, Balabanli B, Turkozkan N, Ozan G. Effects of taurine on nitric oxide and 3-nitrotyrosine levels in spleen during endotoxemia. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:1978-83 pubmed publisher..However, the effect of taurine is different when it is administered alone. In conclusion, taurine may act as an antioxidant during endotoxemia, and as a prooxidant in healthy subjects at this dose...
- Yılmaz E, Kertmen H, Gürer B, Kanat M, Arikok A, Ergüder B, et al. The protective effect of 2-mercaptoethane sulfonate (MESNA) against traumatic brain injury in rats. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2013;155:141-9; discussion 149 pubmed publisher..Although further studies considering different dose regimens and time intervals are required, MESNA was shown to be at least as effective as methylprednisolone in the traumatic brain injury model. ..
- Er B, Onurdağ F, Demirhan B, Ozgacar S, Oktem A, Abbasoglu U. Screening of quinolone antibiotic residues in chicken meat and beef sold in the markets of Ankara, Turkey. Poult Sci. 2013;92:2212-5 pubmed publisher..81 ± 0.45 µg/kg and 6.64 ± 1.11 µg/kg in chicken and beef samples, respectively. This study indicated that some chicken and beef meat sold in Ankara contains residues of quinolone antibiotics. ..
- Aras D, Cinar O, Cakar Z, Ozkavukcu S, Can A. Can dicoumarol be used as a gonad-safe anticancer agent: an in vitro and in vivo experimental study. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:57-67 pubmed publisher..The authors confirm that this article content presents no conflicts of interest. ..
- Uyar T, Ã‡Ã¶keliler D, DoÄŸan M, KoÃ§um I, Karatay O, DenkbaÅŸ E. Electrospun nanofiber reinforcement of dental composites with electromagnetic alignment approach. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:762-70 pubmed publisher..8 GPa (elastic modulus), and 170 kJ/m(3) (toughness) in three-point bending test. In addition to the positive results of aligned and non-aligned nanofibers it was found that they both have a non-toxic feature. ..
- Sağlamkaya U, Mas M, Yasar M, Simsek I, Mas N, Kocabalkan F. Penetration of meropenem and cefepim into pancreatic tissue during the course of experimental acute pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2002;24:264-8 pubmed..However, good tissue penetration may not solely indicate efficacy of that antibiotic. Therefore, further experimental and clinical studies are needed to determine the therapeutic and prognostic efficacy of these agents. ..
- Tanyuksel M, Yilmaz H, Ulukanligil M, Araz E, Cicek M, Koru O, et al. Comparison of two methods (microscopy and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) for the diagnosis of amebiasis. Exp Parasitol. 2005;110:322-6 pubmed..3%) Endolimax nana, 9 (2.3%) Dientamoeba fragilis, and 8 (2.1%) had Ascaris lumbricoides. We concluded that E. histolytica infection was found in 13% of the patients presenting with diarrhea in Van and Sanliurfa Turkey...
- Ozbay A, Demirer G. Cleaner production opportunity assessment for a milk processing facility. J Environ Manage. 2007;84:484-93 pubmed..36% of the chemical use and the discharge of 181.9 kg/day of chemical oxygen demand (COD) and 20.7 kg/day of total suspended solids (TSS) could be eliminated and 19.6% of the service water used could be recycled/reused. ..
- Oguzoglu T, Alkan F, Ozkul A, Vural S, Güngör A, Burgu I. A sheeppox virus outbreak in Central Turkey in 2003: isolation and identification of capripoxvirus ovis. Vet Res Commun. 2006;30:965-71 pubmed..Additionally, the aetiological agent was isolated from a sheep and identified using EM and PCR...
- Erdem A, Meltem Sevgili A, Akbiyik F, Atilla P, Cakar N, Balkanci Z, et al. Tezosentan attenuates organ injury and mesenteric blood flow decrease in endotoxemia and cecal ligation and puncture. J Surg Res. 2007;141:211-9 pubmed
- Balci Peynircioglu B, Waite A, Hu C, Richards N, Staubach Grosse A, Yilmaz E, et al. Pyrin, product of the MEFV locus, interacts with the proapoptotic protein, Siva. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:595-602 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that pyrin modulates the apoptotic response to oxidative stress mediated by Siva. Thus, the Siva-pyrin interaction may be a potential target for future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Kismet K, Sabuncuoglu M, Kilicoglu S, Kilicoglu B, Devrim E, Erel S, et al. Effect of propolis on oxidative stress and histomorphology of liver tissue in experimental obstructive jaundice. Eur Surg Res. 2008;41:231-7 pubmed publisher..Propolis is a natural product collected by honey bees from various plant sources. We aimed to determine the possible effects of propolis on oxidative stress and hepatocyte apoptosis in experimental obstructive jaundice...
- Bilgic S, Kose O, Sehirlioglu A, Safaz I, Ozkan H. Primary paraspinal hydatid cyst treated with puncture, aspiration, injection and re-aspiration (PAIR) technique: a case report. Eur Spine J. 2009;18 Suppl 2:165-7 pubmed publisher..We report a case of primary hydatid cyst of the erector spinae muscle which was treated successfully with ultrasonography guided puncture, aspiration, injection of 95% ethanol and re-aspiration (PAIR) technique. ..
- Erdemli O, Captug O, Bilgili H, Orhan D, Tezcaner A, Keskin D. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the effects of demineralized bone matrix or calcium sulfate addition to polycaprolactone-bioglass composites. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2010;21:295-308 pubmed publisher..3 and 34.7%). Discs preserved their integrity with only considerable weight loss (7.5-14.5%) in PCL/BG/DBM group. In vitro cytotoxicity tests showed that all discs were biocompatible. ..
- Gurkanlar D, Coven I, Erdem R, Ozen O, Kosdak S, Yilmaz C, et al. The effect of repetitious concussions on cognitive functions in rats. Turk Neurosurg. 2010;20:442-8 pubmed publisher..Repetitious concussions did not significantly affect spatial learning-memory functions in rats, and may lead to a counter-adaptive mechanism against concussive injury. ..
- Arihan O, Seringeç N, Gürel E, Dikmenoğlu N. Effects of oral acrylamide intake on blood viscosity parameters in rats. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2011;47:45-52 pubmed publisher..These results imply that acrylamide which does not cause neurotoxicity in rats may alter blood viscosity if chronically taken...
- Celepli S, Kismet K, Kaptanoglu B, Erel S, Ozer S, Celepli P, et al. The effect of oral honey and pollen on postoperative intraabdominal adhesions. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2011;22:65-72 pubmed..Honey and pollen were found to be effective in preventing postoperative intraabdominal adhesions, and these effects were thought to be a result of their antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties. ..
- Akar F, Uludag O, Aydin A, Aytekin Y, Elbeg S, Tuzcu M, et al. High-fructose corn syrup causes vascular dysfunction associated with metabolic disturbance in rats: protective effect of resveratrol. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:2135-41 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol has a protective potential against the harmful consequences of HFCS consumption. ..
- Rzayev Z, Turk M, Söylemez E. Bioengineering functional copolymers. XXI. Synthesis of a novel end carboxyl-trithiocarbonate functionalized poly(maleic anhydride) and its interaction with cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:5053-61 pubmed publisher..183 ?g mL(-1)) and toward Fibroblast cells at high concentrations (IC(50) > 100 ?g mL(-1)). The observed highly selective antitumor activity render PMA-RAFT polymers as promising candidates for the utilization in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Sarikaya R, Memmi B. Detection of transfluthrin and metofluthrin genotoxicity in the ST cross of the Drosophila Wing Spot Test. Chemosphere. 2013;93:238-42 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that two experimental concentrations of transfluthrin and 60μgmL(-1) metofluthrin showed mutagenic and recombinogenic effects in both the marker-heterozygous (MH) flies and the balancer-heterozygous (BH) flies. ..
- Süntar I, Akkol E. Beneficial effects of plant sources on the treatment of osteoporosis. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:1611-8 pubmed..The present review focuses on the scientific researches on the assessment of anti-osteoporotic activity of medicinal plants. ..
- Sanal H, Kocaoglu M, Bulakbasi N, Yildirim D. Pelvic hydatid disease: CT and MRI findings causing sciatica. Korean J Radiol. 2007;8:548-51 pubmed..We also want to emphasize the importance of assessing the pelvis of patients with symptoms and clinical findings that are inconsistent and that cannot be satisfactorily explained by the spinal imaging findings...
- Gurbuz N, Ozkul A, Burgaz S. Effects of vitamin C and N-acetylcysteine against cyclophosphamide-induced genotoxicity in exfoliated bladder cells of mice in vivo. J BUON. 2009;14:647-52 pubmed..The modifying effects of vitamin C and NAC against CP-induced genotoxic damage may be due to their antioxidant, nucleophilic properties and to the ability to act as precursors of glutathione. ..
- Korkmaz A, Oter S, Deveci S, Goksoy C, Bilgic H. Prevention of further cyclophosphamide induced hemorrhagic cystitis by hyperbaric oxygen and mesna in guinea pigs. J Urol. 2001;166:1119-23 pubmed..According to this animal study using hyperbaric oxygen as adjuvant therapy in humans may be a better tool than mesna alone for the prophylaxis and treatment of cyclophosphamide induced hemorrhagic cystitis. ..
- Toker G, Kupeli E, Memisoğlu M, Yesilada E. Flavonoids with antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities from the leaves of Tilia argentea (silver linden). J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;95:393-7 pubmed..Both compounds were shown to possess potent antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activity at 50 mg/kg dose, per os, without inducing any apparent acute toxicity as well as gastric damage...
- Akkoyun I, Yilmaz G, Oto S, Kahraman B, Haberal N, Akova Y. Impact of triamcinolone acetonide on retinal endothelial cells in a retinopathy of prematurity mouse model. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2007;85:791-4 pubmed..There is no difference between dosages of 20 microg and 40 microg IVTA in experimental use in the suppression rates of endothelial cell proliferation. ..
- Ibrahim Canter H, Konas E, Bozdogan O, Vargel I, Ozbatir B, Oner F, et al. Effect of slow-release 5-Fluorouracil on capsule formation around silicone breast implants: an experimental study with mice. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2007;31:674-9 pubmed..Because 5-FU loaded to a gelatin carrier for its slow release seems to prevent capsule formation around silicone blocks, it may be used to prevent capsule formation around silicone breast implants. ..
- Akkol E, Yesilada E, Guvenc A. Valuation of anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Erica species native to Turkey. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;116:251-7 pubmed publisher..Same extracts, i.e., EAE, EBE and EME were also found to exhibit remarkable antinociceptive activity in p-benzoquinone-induced abdominal constriction test at a dose of 100mg/kg (46.5%, 27.7% and 36.3%, respectively). ..
- Captug O, Bilgili H, Kurum B. Unifocal internal and external bone lengthening with circular external skeletal fixator in 5 dogs. Pol J Vet Sci. 2008;11:159-73 pubmed..The treatment was successful in restoring the appropriate length of the limbs. After removing the fixator, functional and cosmetic results were graded as excellent in 3 cases, good in one case and fair in one case...
- Ercin C, Yesilova Z, Korkmaz A, Ozcan A, Oktenli C, Uygun A. The effect of iNOS inhibitors and hyperbaric oxygen treatment in a rat model of experimental colitis. Dig Dis Sci. 2009;54:75-9 pubmed publisher..Both HBO and AMG were significantly effective in preventing weight loss, reducing NO activities, and severity of colitis, when comparing HBO and AMG separately. ..
- Tuncbilek G, Korkusuz P, Ozgur F. Effects of iloprost on calvarial sutures. J Craniofac Surg. 2008;19:1472-80 pubmed publisher..Cranial sutures, calvarial bones, and cranial shape of the babies of the pregnant patients who were treated with iloprost should be monitored to clarify the topic...
- Burul Bozkurt N, Pekiner C, Kelicen P. Diabetes alters aromatase enzyme levels in gonadal tissues of rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2010;382:33-41 pubmed publisher..Altered smooth muscle responses did not correlate with tissue aromatase levels. Altogether, these findings lead us to suggest that aromatase might be an important target molecule in sexual dysfunction seen in DM. ..
- Akar F, Pektas M, Tufan C, Soylemez S, Sepici A, Ulus A, et al. Resveratrol shows vasoprotective effect reducing oxidative stress without affecting metabolic disturbances in insulin-dependent diabetes of rabbits. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2011;25:119-31 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that resveratrol alleviates type 1 diabetes-induced vasculopathy by decreasing vascular oxidative stress and thereby increasing the bioavailability of nitric oxide without changing metabolic abnormalities. ..
- Kelicen Ugur P, Lule S, Cincioglu M, Pekiner C, Gursoy Ozdemir Y. Megestrol acetate inhibits the expression of cytoplasmic aromatase through nuclear C/EBP? in reperfusion injury-induced ischemic rat hippocampus. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;654:217-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is possible to hypothesize an interaction between this enzyme gene and transcription factor. ..
- Orhan I, Süntar I, Akkol E. In vitro neuroprotective effects of the leaf and fruit extracts of Juglans regia L. (walnut) through enzymes linked to Alzheimer's disease and antioxidant activity. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2011;62:781-6 pubmed publisher..Only the dichloromethane and water extracts were able to quench SO (10.09 ± 1.38%) and NO (24.09 ± 2.19%) radicals, respectively, at low level. The extracts showed either low or no BChE inhibition and no AChE inhibition...
- Aldemir M, Ozgun G, Onen E, Okulu E, Kayigil O. Quercetin has a protective role on histopathological findings on testicular ischaemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Andrologia. 2012;44 Suppl 1:479-83 pubmed publisher..In Group 4, histopathologic features were markedly less than Group 3 (P = 0.03). Our study demonstrated that quercetin seems to have a protective effect on testis histopathology in rats with testicular I/R. ..
- Satar B, Hidir Y, Serdar M, Kucuktag Z, Ural A, Avcu F, et al. Protein profiling of anastomosed facial nerve treated with mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:522-8 pubmed publisher..The comparison of apoptotic activity was not conclusive. Overall, it appears that MSC might have differential effects on the mentioned tissue-related proteins and trophic/growth factors. ..
- Dalkara S, Karakurt A. Recent progress in anticonvulsant drug research: strategies for anticonvulsant drug development and applications of antiepileptic drugs for non-epileptic central nervous system disorders. Curr Top Med Chem. 2012;12:1033-71 pubmed..This review summarizes recent studies on the development of potential anticonvulsant compounds in different chemical structures, their structure-activity relationships and also therapeutic usages of AEDs other than epilepsy. ..
- Dündar Y, Ozatik Y, Ozatik O, Ergin V, Onkol T, Menevse A, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of the salicylamide and salicylic acid derivatives as anti-estrogen agents. Med Chem. 2012;8:481-90 pubmed..Compound 1b was also tested for in vitro anti-cancer activity against ER+, human breast cancer cell line MCF-7, and it reduced cell viability to 74.01% at 50 nM concentration. ..
- Yilmaz Z, Dogan A, Ozdemir O, Serper A. Evaluation of the cytotoxicity of different root canal sealers on L929 cell line by MTT assay. Dent Mater J. 2012;31:1028-32 pubmed..AP, TS, and TS-EWT showed no cytotoxicity at any dilution tested. Other sealers exhibited some degree of cytotoxicity at the 1/4 and 1/2 dilutions. PCS-EWT and SU exerted more potent cytotoxicity at 1/2 dilution than the other sealers. ..
- Gurbuz I, Yesilada E, Demirci B, Sezik E, Demirci F, Başer K. Characterization of volatiles and anti-ulcerogenic effect of Turkish sweetgum balsam (Styrax liquidus). J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;148:332-6 pubmed publisher..In order to evaluate the claimed activity, we studied the anti-ulcerogenic effect of Styrax liquidus by using an in vivo anti-ulcerogenic activity model and to determine the chemical composition of the balsam...
- Kumral Z, Sener G, Ozgur S, Koc M, Suleymanoglu S, Hurdag C, et al. Regular exercise alleviates renovascular hypertension-induced cardiac/endothelial dysfunction and oxidative injury in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;67:45-55 pubmed..Regular exercise commenced after RVH surgery alleviated renovascular hypertension-induced oxidative injury, by modulating oxidant-antioxidant balance via the involvement of the endothelial NO system. ..
- Hassan Z, Meerkhan A, Boufana B, Hama A, Ahmed B, Mero W, et al. Two haplotype clusters of Echinococcus granulosus sensu stricto in northern Iraq (Kurdistan region) support the hypothesis of a parasite cradle in the Middle East. Acta Trop. 2017;172:201-207 pubmed publisher..Further studies using metacestodes of human origin are required to investigate the biological importance of E. granulosus s.s. haplotypes/clusters and their association, if any with clinical manifestations of CE infection. ..
- Engin A. Circadian Rhythms in Diet-Induced Obesity. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;960:19-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, shift work is associated with increased risk for obesity, diabetes and cardio-vascular diseases as a result of unusual eating time and disruption of circadian rhythm. ..
- Cokuğraş A, Tezcan E. Sheep brain pseudocholinesterase: inhibition kinetics of the partially purified enzyme by some substrate analogues. Chem Biol Interact. 1993;87:259-64 pubmed..Kinetic properties of the enzyme have been studied using the substrate analogues choline, succinylcholine and benzoylcholine. It was shown that the inhibition was partially competitive...
- Ciftcioglu N, Altintas K, Haberal M. A case of human orotracheal myiasis caused by Wohlfahrtia magnifica. Parasitol Res. 1997;83:34-6 pubmed..This case history points out the risky of myiasis caused by W. magnifica in the unconscious, debilitated patient. ..
- Kaptanoglu E, Beskonakli E, Solaroglu I, Kilinc A, Taskin Y. Magnesium sulfate treatment in experimental spinal cord injury: emphasis on vascular changes and early clinical results. Neurosurg Rev. 2003;26:283-7 pubmed..The authors also demonstrated secondary injury of the blood-spinal cord barrier with the Evans blue clearance technique for the first time. ..
- Guven A. Amebiasis in the newborn. Indian J Pediatr. 2003;70:437-8 pubmed..This disease is rarely reported in the newborns. This 19-day-old newborn who was infected with orally given surgar solution is presented. He was successfully treated with omidazole...
- Alten B, Caglar S, Simsek F, Kaynas S, Perich M. Field evaluation of an area repellent system (Thermacell) against Phlebotomus papatasi (Diptera: Psychodidae) and Ochlerotatus caspius (Diptera: Culicidae) in Sanliurfa Province, Turkey. J Med Entomol. 2003;40:930-4 pubmed..0% for 6 h of the assessment period. Overall, the number of bites by the cutaneous leishmaniasis vector Ph. papatasi and also Oc. caspius was reduced > 11-fold and 13-fold, respectively, by the TMR...
- Sepici A, Gurbuz I, Cevik C, Yesilada E. Hypoglycaemic effects of myrtle oil in normal and alloxan-diabetic rabbits. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;93:311-8 pubmed
- Inan A, Sen M, Koca C, Akpinar A, Dener C. The effect of purified micronized flavonoid fraction on the healing of anastomoses in the colon in rats. Surg Today. 2006;36:818-22 pubmed..Although the micronized purified flavonoid fraction has some inhibitory properties on the healing of the anastomosis, its net effect was to obtain a better anastomotic healing of the colon in rats. ..
- Oz Oyar E, Kardes O, Korkmaz A, Omeroglu S. Effects of vascular endothelial growth factor on ischemic spinal cord injury caused by aortic cross-clamping in rabbits. J Surg Res. 2009;151:94-9 pubmed publisher..VEGF administration may significantly reduce the incidence of spinal cord injury following temporary aortic occlusion. ..
- Ozkan O, Carhan A. The neutralizing capacity of Androctonus crassicauda antivenom against Mesobuthus eupeus scorpion venom. Toxicon. 2008;52:375-9 pubmed publisher..The monovalent antivenom has immunoactivity and neutralizing capacity to the scorpion venoms. This study indicates that the antivenom produced by Refik Saydam Hygiene Center could be used for the treatment of M. eupeus stings in Turkey...
- Bahcelioglu M, Gozil R, Take G, Elmas C, Oktem H, Kadioglu D, et al. Dose-related immunohistochemical and ultrastructural changes after oral methylphenidate administration in cerebrum and cerebellum of the rat. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2009;10:531-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, we believe that the therapeutic dose of methylphenidate must be kept in minimum level to prevent ultrastructural changes. ..
- Cakir E, Findik G, Hosgun D, Demirag F. Primary mediastinal haemangiopericytoma--an unusual cause of massive haemoptysis in a young woman. Acta Chir Belg. 2010;110:235-7 pubmed..Immunohistochemical and molecular techniques rule out other soft tissue tumours which have a haemangiopericytoma-like vascular pattern. The patient is alive and free from tumour recurrence 6 months post-operatively. ..
- Tandogan B, Ulusu N. Comparative in vitro effects of some metal ions on bovine kidney cortex glutathione reductase. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;40:405-11 pubmed publisher..091 ± 0.005 mM) and the NADPH (Ki(NADPH) 0.226 ± 0.01 mM), respectively. GR inhibition studies may be useful for understanding the mechanisms for oxidative damage associated with heavy metal toxicity...
- Akturk O, Tezcaner A, Bilgili H, Deveci M, Gecit M, Keskin D. Evaluation of sericin/collagen membranes as prospective wound dressing biomaterial. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011;112:279-88 pubmed publisher..Overall results suggest that sericin/collagen membranes would be favorable as wound dressing material when sericin ratio is less than or equal to the collagen component...
- Olcucuoglu E, Kulacoglu H, Ensari C, Yavuz A, Albayrak A, Ergul Z, et al. Fibrin sealant effects on the ilioinguinal nerve. J Invest Surg. 2011;24:267-72 pubmed publisher..FS has no negative effect on ilioinguinal nerve. FS application may protect the nerve from the harmful effects of polypropylene mesh in inguinal hernia repair. ..
- Gül N, Ozkorkmaz E, Kelesoglu I, Ozluk A. An ultrastructural study, effects of Proteus vulgaris OX19 on the rabbit spleen cells. Micron. 2013;44:133-6 pubmed publisher..Lymphocytes, the major cells of spleen revealed mitotic activity. In addition, chromatin condensation in nucleus and dilatations in perinuclear space were significant. Interactions of lymphocytes and macrophages were noteworthy...
- Taskiran E, Cetinkaya A, Balci Peynircioglu B, Akkaya Y, Yilmaz E. The effect of colchicine on pyrin and pyrin interacting proteins. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3536-46 pubmed publisher..The data presented here reveal an important connection between colchicine and pyrin which might explain the remarkable efficacy of colchicine in preventing FMF attacks. ..
- Adiguzel Y, Kulah H. CMOS cell sensors for point-of-care diagnostics. Sensors (Basel). 2012;12:10042-66 pubmed publisher..Hence, this review attempts to inform on the sensors fabricated with CMOS technology for point-of-care diagnostic studies, with a focus on CMOS image sensors and capacitance sensors for cell studies. ..
- Konus M, Koy C, Mikkat S, Kreutzer M, Zimmermann R, Iscan M, et al. Molecular adaptations of Helicoverpa armigera midgut tissue under pyrethroid insecticide stress characterized by differential proteome analysis and enzyme activity assays. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2013;8:152-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest increased energy metabolism in the midgut tissue of H. armigera as a general prerequisite for compensating the costs of energy-consuming detoxification processes. ..
- AkpÄ±nar S, Canbakan S, Mungan D, BaÅŸer Y, AkpÄ±nar E. [Storage mite sensitivity and related factors in asthmatic patients]. Tuberk Toraks. 2015;63:226-34 pubmed..Addition of storage mite allergens to the standart prick test panel of patients living in rural area is suitable. ..
- Durusoy M, Diril N, Bozcuk A. Age-related activity of catalase in different genotypes of Drosophila melanogaster. Exp Gerontol. 1995;30:77-86 pubmed..It is obvious that some relationship exists between life span and antioxidant enzymes; however, a review of the literature does not at the moment allow as to understand the underlying mechanism involved in aging. ..
- Gurgan T, Diker K. Abortion associated with Campylobacter upsaliensis. J Clin Microbiol. 1994;32:3093-4 pubmed..Campylobacter upsaliensis was isolated from the blood and fetoplacental material of an 18-week-pregnant woman who had contact with a household cat. We believe this is the first report of abortion associated with C. upsaliensis infection...
- Goksu N, Ataoglu H, Kemaloglu Y, Ataoglu O, Ozsökmen D, Akyildiz N. Experimental otitis media induced by coagulase negative staphylococcus and its L-forms. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 1996;37:201-16 pubmed..The ears inoculated with the original form of CNS had only 16.66% effusion. On day 60 we observed similar findings. Thus, it might be proposed that L-forms could be responsible for chronic irritation to middle ear mucosa leading to SOM...
- Sayan B, Ince G, Sayan A, Ozturk M. NAPO as a novel marker for apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:719-24 pubmed..Thus, immunodetection of NAPO antigen provides a specific, sensitive, and easy method for differential identification of apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells. ..
- Turan Akay M, Arzu Koçkaya E. The effects of alcohol on rat placenta. Cell Biochem Funct. 2005;23:435-45 pubmed..In conclusion, ethanol treatment during pregnancy in rats affected placentation and the immunolocalization of TN, type IV collagen, EGF and EGFR in the placentas. ..
- Aykut U, Yazici M, Kandemir U, Gedikoglu G, Aksoy M, Cil A, et al. The effect of temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling on the growth plate: a radiologic and immunohistochemical study in rabbits. J Pediatr Orthop. 2005;25:336-41 pubmed..Temporary hemiepiphyseal stapling is a safe and effective method for control of physeal growth of long bones before skeletal maturity. However, it is of paramount importance not to disturb the periosteum during stapling...
- Burak Kandilci H, Gumusel B, Wasserman A, Witriol N, Lippton H. Intermedin/adrenomedullin-2 dilates the rat pulmonary vascular bed: dependence on CGRP receptors and nitric oxide release. Peptides. 2006;27:1390-6 pubmed
- Uzbay T, Kayir H, Celik T, Yuksel N. Acute and chronic tianeptine treatments attenuate ethanol withdrawal syndrome in rats. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2006;30:478-85 pubmed..Our results suggest that acute or chronic tianeptine treatment attenuates ethanol withdrawal syndrome in ethanol-dependent rats and this drug may be useful for treatment of ethanol-type dependence. ..
- Colakoglu T, Keskek M, Colakoglu S, Can B, Sayek I. Serum endostatin levels and regenerative capacities of normal and cirrhotic livers following partial hepatectomy in mice: the response to different resection sizes. J Surg Res. 2007;143:337-43 pubmed..On the other hand, following resection of cirrhotic liver, regeneration capacity is depressed and high endostatin levels are independent of hepatic regeneration. ..
- Devrim I, Kara A, Tezer H, Cengiz A, Ceyhan M, Secmeer G. Animal carcass and eyelid anthrax: a case report. Turk J Pediatr. 2009;51:67-8 pubmed..In this report, we present a 13-year-old boy who developed eyelid anthrax after contact with a sheep carcass during his summer holiday that resulted in eyelid anthrax and cicatricial ectropion. ..
- Akkaya P, Onalan G, Haberal N, Bayraktar N, Mulayim B, Zeyneloglu H. Doxycycline causes regression of endometriotic implants: a rat model. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:1900-8 pubmed publisher..048, P = 0.002, P = 0.007 and P = 0.002, respectively, MMP-2 (epithelia), MMP-2 (stroma), MMP-9 (epithelia) and MMP-9 (stroma)]. Low-dose Dox caused regression of endometriosis in this experimental rat model. ..
- Kesik V, Uysal B, Kurt B, Kismet E, Koseoglu V. Ozone ameliorates methotrexate-induced intestinal injury in rats. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:1623-8 pubmed..05). Thus, ozone preconditioning shows a preventative effect in the ileum by decreasing tissue damage and increasing antioxidant enzyme activity in an experimental model of Mtx-induced intestinal injury. ..
- Ugurbas S, Kocer N, Oto S, Kahraman B, Akova Y. Comparison of alloplast materials in experimental extraocular muscle surgery. Ophthalmic Res. 2010;44:50-6 pubmed publisher..The high bFGF expression observed in Gore-Tex-implanted eyes suggests porous polymers may promote tissue ingrowth into the implant. ..
- Sen E, Balikoglu Yilmaz M, Bozdag Pehlivan S, Sungu N, Aksakal F, Altinok A, et al. Effect of doxycycline on postoperative scarring after trabeculectomy in an experimental rabbit model. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2010;26:399-406 pubmed publisher..Topical doxycycline is more effective than sc doxycycline but is similar to MMC, and it can be an alternative to MMC in trabeculectomy in rabbits. ..
- Yildiz M, Karlidag T, Yalcin S, Ozogul C, Keles E, Alpay H, et al. Efficacy of glial growth factor and nerve growth factor on the recovery of traumatic facial paralysis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011;268:1127-1133 pubmed publisher..However, further studies on human studies are required to support these results. ..
- Saribas Z, Ergun H, Mamuk S, Koseoglu Eser O, Melli M. Critical appraisal of air pouch infection model in rats. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012;42:50-6 pubmed..The present study also showed that the air pouch infection model was a valuable tool to assess the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of antibiotics. ..
- Aydin E, Tastan E, Aydogan F, Karaca G, Asım Şafak M. Ototoxic effect of topical oxiconazole and terbinafine in rats. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;41:78-83 pubmed..To assess the ototoxic effects of topically applied oxiconazole and terbinafine by means of auditory brainstem responses in rats...
- Findikcioglu F, Findikcioglu K, Yavuzer R, Lortlar N, Atabay K. Effect of preoperative subcutaneous platelet-rich plasma and fibrin glue application on skin flap survival. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012;36:1246-53 pubmed publisher..Individual use of thrombin was found to be unsuitable in flap surgery. This journal requires that authors assign a level of evidence to each article. ..
- Cakici C, Buyrukcu B, Duruksu G, Haliloglu A, Aksoy A, Isik A, et al. Recovery of fertility in azoospermia rats after injection of adipose-tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells: the sperm generation. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:529589 pubmed publisher..The expression of GFP was detected in the mesenchymal stem cells derived from adipose tissue and bone marrow and also in the sperms of offspring. In conclusion, MSCs might be studied for the same purpose in humans in future. ..
- Elibol B, Soylemezoglu F, Unal I, Fujii M, Hirt L, Huang P, et al. Nitric oxide is involved in ischemia-induced apoptosis in brain: a study in neuronal nitric oxide synthase null mice. Neuroscience. 2001;105:79-86 pubmed