Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Istanbul, Turkey
Locale: Istanbul, Turkey
Publications692 found, 100 shown here
- Gocmen A, Atak T, Uçar M, Sanlikal F. Laparoscopy-assisted cystectomy for large adnexal cysts. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009;279:17-22 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopy-assisted surgery is feasible and safe for women with large benign adnexal cysts and result s in a short surgery time. ..
- Ozkaya U, Parmaksizoglu A, Gul M, Sokucu S, Kabukcuoglu Y. Minimally invasive treatment of distal tibial fractures with locking and non-locking plates. Foot Ankle Int. 2009;30:1161-7 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical performances of stainless steel nonlocking plates and titanium locking plates in minimally invasive medial plating of extra-articular metaphyseal fractures of the distal tibia...
- Ozel L, Unal A, Unal E, Kara M, Erdogdu E, Krand O, et al. Granulomatous mastitis: is it an autoimmune disease? Diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas. Surg Today. 2012;42:729-33 pubmed publisher..These patients responded well to steroid therapy. The diagnosis of GM should be made carefully to avoid a misdiagnosis. Steroid therapy should be considered based on the idea that this is an autoimmune disease. ..
- Mumcu G, Cimilli H, Karacayli U, Inanc N, Türe Ozdemir F, Eksioglu Demiralp E, et al. Salivary levels of HNP 1-3 are related to oral ulcer activity in Behçet's disease. Int J Dermatol. 2013;52:1198-201 pubmed publisher..000). A decrease in salivary HNP 1-3 levels might be a biological factor for predisposition to oral ulcers in patients with BD and oral infection in healthy patients. ..
- Celebi A, Deveci S, Gursoy A, Kolukisa M. A case of isolated neurosarcoidosis associated with psychosis. Neurosciences (Riyadh). 2013;18:70-3 pubmed..The patient was treated with corticosteroids and responded well to medical therapy. The diagnosis of isolated neurosarcoidosis is a challenge and may require histological examination...
- Coskunseven E, Sharma D, Jankov M, Kymionis G, Richoz O, Hafezi F. Collagen copolymer toric phakic intraocular lens for residual myopic astigmatism after intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation and corneal collagen crosslinking in a 3-stage procedure for keratoconus. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2013;39:722-9 pubmed publisher
- Kiliç B, Demirkaya A, Turna A, Kaynak K. Vascular thoracic outlet syndrome developed after minimally invasive repair of pectus excavatum. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013;44:567-9 pubmed publisher..Vascular thoracic outlet syndrome should be kept in mind as a possible complication in patients who have undergone minimally invasive repair of pectus excavatum, and this complication can be treated by first rib resection. ..
- Demirok A, Ozgurhan E, Agca A, Kara N, Bozkurt E, Cankaya K, et al. Corneal sensation after corneal refractive surgery with small incision lenticule extraction. Optom Vis Sci. 2013;90:1040-7 pubmed publisher..The findings of the study revealed that, although both F-LASIK and SMILE procedures changed the corneal sensation 1 week, 1 month, and 3 months after surgery, they did not affect the dry eye parameters at any point. ..
- Erman H, Gelisgen R, Cengiz M, Tabak O, Erdenen F, Uzun H. The association of vascular endothelial growth factor, metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors with cardiovascular risk factors in the metabolic syndrome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:1015-22 pubmed..These findings suggest that MMP-2 may have a role in the increased cardiovascular risk of MetS patients. ..
- Kısa B, Sarımurat N, Koyman S, Sayıcı Ş, Babalik A, Kilicaslan Z. Tuberculosis screening and efficacy of prophylaxis in contacts of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Tuberk Toraks. 2016;64:27-33 pubmed
- Besirli K, Arslan C, Tuzun H, Oz B. The primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the heart. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000;18:619-21 pubmed..Surgical exploration of the tumor showed that it was unresectable and pathology of the biopsy material was primitive neuroectodermal tumor. Medical literature concerning this unusual type of tumor is reviewed...
- Kantarcioglu A, de Hoog G. Infections of the central nervous system by melanized fungi: a review of cases presented between 1999 and 2004. Mycoses. 2004;47:4-13 pubmed..Most of these infections prove to be fatal. Resection of the lesions in combination with antimycotic therapy may reduce mortality. ..
- Yanyali A, Celik E, Horozoglu F, Oner S, Nohutcu A. 25-Gauge transconjunctival sutureless pars plana vitrectomy. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:141-7 pubmed..To evaluate the effectiveness, feasibility, and safety of the transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy (TSV) system for a vriety of vitreoretinal diseases...
- Dincer S, Demir A, Sayar A, Gunluoglu M, Kara H, Gurses A. Surgical treatment of pulmonary hydatid disease: a comparison of children and adults. J Pediatr Surg. 2006;41:1230-6 pubmed..Nevertheless, hydatid cyst can reach relatively larger dimensions in children than in adults, which causes parenchyme destruction eventually leading to lung resection. ..
- Kirma C, Izgi A, Yakut C, Guler M, Can M, Zemheri E. Primary left ventricular angiomatosis: first description of a rare vascular tumor in the left heart. Int Heart J. 2006;47:469-74 pubmed..The mass was completely resected and shown to be proliferative angiomatosis by histopathologic examination. This is the first reported case of primary left ventricular angiomatosis in the literature. ..
- Hatirnaz O, Ure U, Ar C, Akyerli C, Soysal T, Ferhanoglu B, et al. The SOCS-1 gene methylation in chronic myeloid leukemia patients. Am J Hematol. 2007;82:729-30 pubmed..On the contrary, our results might be indicating hypomethylation in CML patients, this hypothesis need to be studied in larger study population. ..
- Ofluoglu O, Donthineni R. Iatrogenic seeding of a giant cell tumor of the patella to the proximal tibia. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007;465:260-4 pubmed..The cause and prevention of implantation metastasis are discussed and the basic principles of musculoskeletal tumor management emphasized. ..
- Oktenoglu T, Cosar M, Ozer A, Iplikcioglu C, Sasani M, Canbulat N, et al. Anterior cervical microdiscectomy with or without fusion. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2007;20:361-8 pubmed..On the other hand, to apply fusion process with semirigid plate system offers significantly less narrowing in disc height compared with simple ACD technique. ..
- Yavuz D, Yazici D, Toprak A, Deyneli O, Aydin H, Yuksel M, et al. Exogenous subclinical hyperthyroidism impairs endothelial function in nodular goiter patients. Thyroid. 2008;18:395-400 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of levothyroxine (LT4) suppression on endothelial function and insulin sensitivity in euthyroid nodular goiter patients...
- Alver O, Ersoy Y, Aydemir I, Erguney S, Teksoz S, Apaydin B, et al. Use of "house" advancement flap in anorectal diseases. World J Surg. 2008;32:2281-6 pubmed publisher..It can be used in nearly all types of anoderm deficiencies with a high rate of success and patient satisfaction. ..
- Okan G, Yaylaci S, Peker O, Kaymakoglu S, Saruc M. Vanishing bile duct and Stevens-Johnson syndrome associated with ciprofloxacin treated with tacrolimus. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:4697-700 pubmed..It is the first case of ciprofloxacin-induced VBDS successfully treated with tacrolimus. This case reminds physicians of the importance of drug reactions, their severity, techniques for diagnosis and methods of management...
- Guneysel O, Guralp I, Onur O. Bicarbonate therapy in diabetic ketoacidosis. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2008;109:453-4 pubmed..Here we present a patient with DKA pH<6.9, treated with bicarbonate, who demonstrated a clinical benefit (Ref. 11). ..
- Dinc U, Oncel B, Gorgun E, Alimgil L. Quantitative assessment of anterior chamber volume using slit-lamp OCT and Pentacam. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:411-5 pubmed..To quantitatively assess and compare the anterior chamber volume (ACV) by different anterior segment imaging techniques...
- Yuruk E, Binbay M, Sari E, Akman T, Altinyay E, Baykal M, et al. A prospective, randomized trial of management for asymptomatic lower pole calculi. J Urol. 2010;183:1424-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, patients with asymptomatic lower caliceal stones must be informed in detail about all management options, especially focusing on percutaneous nephrolithotomy with its outstanding outcome. ..
- Oztarhan K, Gedikbasi A, Yildirim D, Arslan O, Adal E, Kavuncuoglu S, et al. Prevalence and distribution of congenital abnormalities in Turkey: differences between the prenatal and postnatal periods. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2010;50:221-5 pubmed publisher..4%] had multiple abnormalities). The congenital abnormalities rate between 2002 and 2006 was 2.07%. Systematic screening for fetal anomalies is the primary means for identification of affected pregnancies. ..
- Alibaz Oner F, Yurdakul S, Oner E, Kubat Uzum A, Erguney M. Evaluation of the effect of L-thyroxin therapy on endothelial functions in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. Endocrine. 2011;40:280-4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we observed marked improvement in endothelial functions after L-T4 therapy in SH patients. We suggest that thyroid hormone replacement therapy may help to prevent atherosclerosis in this group of patients. ..
- Demokan S, Chuang A, Suoglu Y, Ulusan M, Yalniz Z, Califano J, et al. Promoter methylation and loss of p16(INK4a) gene expression in head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2012;34:1470-5 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that methylation of the p16(INK4a) gene is a frequent event in primary head and neck cancer and that it plays a major role in the silencing of p16(INK4a) gene expression during tumor development. ..
- Sonmez E, Sönmez A, Bayindir Y, Coskun D, Aritürk S. Antihepatitis B response to hepatitis B vaccine administered simultaneously with tetanus toxoid in nonresponder individuals. Vaccine. 2002;21:243-6 pubmed..05). In conclusion, simultaneous administration of S2SRHB+TT is more effective than administration of S2SRHB alone. ..
- Ozyuvaci H, Firat D, Tanyel C. Accidental displacement of a mandibular third molar: a case report. Quintessence Int. 2003;34:278-80 pubmed..This report describes the rare case of an impacted mandibular third molar that was displaced into the submandibular region. Upon locating the tooth, successful extraction was performed. Healing was unincidental. ..
- Acar N, Toker E, Kazokoglu H. Tear and serum eosinophil cationic protein levels in seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:671-5 pubmed..However, clinical signs and symptoms of SAC were not found to be correlated with the degree of eosinophilic activity. Thus ECP does not seem to have an important role in clinical manifestations of SAC. ..
- Poyanli A, Bilge O, Kapran Y, Guven K. Case report: Foreign body granuloma mimicking liver metastasis. Br J Radiol. 2005;78:752-4 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first study in English-language literature reporting foreign body granuloma indistinguishable from liver metastasis on radiological examination...
- Yaman A, Ozturk C, Huijing P, Yucesoy C. Magnetic resonance imaging assessment of mechanical interactions between human lower leg muscles in vivo. J Biomech Eng. 2013;135:91003 pubmed publisher..3% and 25.54%, respectively despite global isometric conditions. These findings confirm our hypothesis and show that in vivo, muscles are in principle not independent mechanically. ..
- MemetoÄŸlu O, Ozkan F, Boy N, Aktas I, Kulcu D, Taraktas A. Sacroiliitis or insufficiency fracture?. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:1265-1268 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, MRI findings of both entities share common features leading to a diagnostic dilemma. Interpretation of radiological findings assisted by detailed history and clinical findings is crucial for diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Pamuk O, BalcÄ± M, Onat A, Zengin O, CakÄ±r N, KÄ±sacÄ±k B. Performance of the new American College of Rheumatology classification criteria in Turkish systemic sclerosis patients: a multicenter study. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:357-61 pubmed publisher..7 vs. 78.1 %, pâ€‰=â€‰0.006). The new ACR/EULAR 2013 criteria for SSc had better sensitivity in Turkish SSc patients, and less patients were misclassified. ..
- Akar Z, Tanriover N, Tuzgen S, Kafadar A, Kuday C. Surgical treatment of intracranial epidermoid tumors. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2003;43:275-80; discussion 281 pubmed..Radical surgical resection should be the goal in treating these benign lesions, but if not possible, every effort should be made to minimize the amount of tumor tissue that remains. ..
- Bilgic B, Baral Kulaksizoglu I, Hanagasi H, Saylan M, Aykutlu E, Gurvit H, et al. Obsessive-compulsive disorder secondary to bilateral frontal damage due to a closed head injury. Cogn Behav Neurol. 2004;17:118-20 pubmed..The etiological significance of head injury and frontal lobe involvement in obsessive-compulsive disorder is discussed in the context of the clinical and neuroimaging findings and of previous series of brain injured patients. ..
- Cinar S, Seven H, Cinar U, Turgut S. Isolated bilateral paralysis of the hypoglossal and recurrent laryngeal nerves (Bilateral Tapia's syndrome) after transoral intubation for general anesthesia. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005;49:98-9 pubmed..Within 3 days, tongue mobility was gradually improved and the patient's symptoms resolved completely by 4 weeks. ..
- Yigit O, Cinar U, Uslu Coskun B, Basak T. Tuberculous ulcer of the tongue: a case report. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2004;13:98-101 pubmed..In the differential diagnosis of nonhealing oral ulcers, tuberculosis should also be considered, especially in patients living in a high risk country for tuberculosis. ..
- Tumerdem B, Kuran I. [An alternative method for the correction of enophthalmos: deep lateral orbital approach]. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2006;16:189-92 pubmed..The only postoperative complaint was edema which was controlled by application of ice...
- Tahmaz M, Kumbasar B, Ergen K, Ure U, Karatemiz G, Kazancioglu R. Acute renal failure secondary to fenofibrate monotherapy-induced rhabdomyolysis. Ren Fail. 2007;29:927-30 pubmed..Here, we report a nondiabetic, nonhypothyroidic young female patient without any known prior renal disease presenting with acute renal failure developing after fenofibrate treatment. ..
- Eryigit H, Oztas S, Urek S, Olgac G, Kurutepe M, Kutlu C. Management of acquired bronchobiliary fistula: 3 case reports and a literature review. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007;2:52 pubmed..This paper presents 3 cases of BBF and reviews the literature regarding the treatment options generally mandated by clinical presentation and the underlying disease. ..
- Kucukkaya M, Kuzgun U. Neuromuscular deformity: treatment with external fixation. Foot Ankle Clin. 2009;14:447-70 pubmed publisher..This article focuses on the treatment of multiplanar neuromuscular foot deformities with external fixation, reviewing the indications, preoperative planning, techniques, and complications. ..
- Gurol Y, Akan H, Izbirak G, Tekkanat Z, Gunduz T, Hayran O, et al. The sensitivity and the specifity of rapid antigen test in streptococcal upper respiratory tract infections. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;74:591-3 pubmed publisher..While giving clinical decision, it must be taken into consideration that the sensitivity and the positive predictive value of the RSAT is quite lower in adult age group than in pediatric age group. ..
- Kahveci G, Erkol A, Yilmaz F. Dilated cardiomyopathy in a patient with Marfan syndrome accompanied by chronic type A aortic dissection and right atrial thrombus. Intern Med. 2010;49:2583-6 pubmed..This report clearly highlights the importance of close cardiovascular follow-up in patients with MFS...
- Guven A, Gunduz A, Bozoglu T, Yalcinkaya C, Tolun A. Novel NDE1 homozygous mutation resulting in microhydranencephaly and not microlyssencephaly. Neurogenetics. 2012;13:189-94 pubmed publisher..The clinical findings in our patients having the fourth NDE1 mutation reported so far widen the spectrum of brain malformations resulting from mutations in NDE1...
- Kantarci F, Cebi Olgun D, Mihmanli I. Shear-wave elastography of segmental infarction of the testis. Korean J Radiol. 2012;13:820-2 pubmed publisher..We are not aware of the usefulness of shear-wave elastography for the diagnosis of STI. We report the shear-wave elastography features in a case of STI and discuss the role of this diagnostic modality in the differential diagnosis...
- Degerliyurt K, Denizci S. Does the topical use of epinephrine for sinus floor augmentation affect systemic hemodynamics?. Implant Dent. 2013;22:289-94 pubmed publisher..05). This study showed that the topical use of 1/100,000 epinephrine ensures efficacy by helping the clinician to elevate the sinus membrane and keeps the changes in systemic hemodynamics within safe limitations. ..
- Ozveren O, Izgi C, Eroglu E, Simsek M, Turer A, Kucukdurmaz Z, et al. Doppler Tissue Evaluation of Atrial Conduction Properties in Patients With Non-alcoholic Fatty-liver Disease. Ultrason Imaging. 2016;38:225-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest impaired atrial conduction as a factor in increased risk of AF in NAFLD. ..
- Cevik N, Koksal A, Dogan V, Dirican A, Bayramoglu S, Ozturk M, et al. Evaluation of cognitive functions of juvenile myoclonic epileptic patients by magnetic resonance spectroscopy and neuropsychiatric cognitive tests concurrently. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:623-7 pubmed publisher..This research highlights regional brain changes and cognitive decline in JME patients and suggests that MRS may be a sensitive technique for showing subclinical cognitive changes. ..
- Ergenoglu A, Sahin Ã, ÅžimÅŸek D, Akdemir A, Yeniel A, Yerli H, et al. Comparison of three-dimensional ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging diagnosis in surgically proven MÃ¼llerian duct anomaly cases. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;197:22-6 pubmed publisher..However, additional, well-designed studies are needed to better compare the diagnostic accuracy of the 3D US and MRI. ..
- Basar E, Emek Savaş D, Güntekin B, Yener G. Delay of cognitive gamma responses in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroimage Clin. 2016;11:106-115 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of this study, we propose that gamma responses should be examined in a more detailed fashion using multiple frequency and time windows. ..
- Aribal E, Asadov R, Ramazan A, Ugurlu M, Kaya H. Multiparametric breast MRI with 3T: Effectivity of combination of contrast enhanced MRI, DWI and 1H single voxel spectroscopy in differentiation of Breast tumors. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:979-86 pubmed publisher..Although, the specificity may be improved with a trade-off for lower sensitivity, we have not set a convenient algorithm for the combined use of these techniques. ..
- Tahan V, Ozseker F, Guneylioglu D, Baran A, Ozaras R, Mert A, et al. Sarcoidosis after use of interferon for chronic hepatitis C: report of a case and review of the literature. Dig Dis Sci. 2003;48:169-73 pubmed
- Sar F, Taylan I, Kutlu C, Caymaz M, Tatli E, Kazancioglu R. Amyloidosis in a patient with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and tuberculosis: a case report. Int Urol Nephrol. 2007;39:655-9 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease case with nephrotic syndrome due to amyloidosis secondary to pulmonary tuberculosis. ..
- Ozguroglu M, Bilici A, Ilvan S, Turna H, Atalay B, Mandel N, et al. Determining predominating histologic component in malignant mixed müllerian tumors: is it worth it?. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008;18:809-12 pubmed..One of the best predictors to response is the histologic pattern. Predominating histopathologic feature (carcinoma or sarcoma) should be taken into consideration in predicting the response and planning the chemotherapy regimen. ..
- Duran N, Günes H, Duran I, Biteker M, Ozkan M. Predictors of prognosis in patients with peripartum cardiomyopathy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2008;101:137-40 pubmed publisher..Cut-off values for initial left ventricular ejection fraction of >27% and left ventricular end-systolic diameter of < or =5.5 cm may predict recovery of left ventricle function. ..
- Okay T, Ketenci B, Imamoglu O, Aydemir B, Tuygun A, Ozay B, et al. Simultaneous open-heart surgery and pectus deformity correction. Surg Today. 2008;38:592-6 pubmed publisher..Concomitant pectus deformity correction and open-heart surgery can be performed safely, eliminating the risks of a second operation in a staged procedure. ..
- Kahraman S, Karagozoglu S, Karlikaya G. The efficiency of progesterone vaginal gel versus intramuscular progesterone for luteal phase supplementation in gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles: a prospective clinical trial. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:761-3 pubmed publisher..The treatment outcomes were similar for PVG and IMP for luteal support in GnRH-antagonist protocols. With its ease of use, high tolerability by patients, and fewer side effects, PVG can be a successful alternative to IMP. ..
- Yazici A, Bozkurt E, Alagoz C, Alagoz N, Pekel G, Kaya V, et al. Central corneal thickness, anterior chamber depth, and pupil diameter measurements using Visante OCT, Orbscan, and Pentacam. J Refract Surg. 2010;26:127-33 pubmed publisher..This study found some statistically significant but clinically insignificant differences among the optical methods assessed. The differences are small and do not influence decisions for refractive surgery in clinical practice. ..
- Sardas S, Omurtag G, Tozan A, Gül H, Beyoglu D. Evaluation of DNA damage in construction-site workers occupationally exposed to welding fumes and solvent-based paints in Turkey. Toxicol Ind Health. 2010;26:601-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, to ensure maximum occupational safety, biomonitoring is of great value for assessing the risk for construction workers...
- Ercan S, Kaymaz O, Yucel N, Orcun A. Serum concentrations of CA 125, CA 15-3, CA 19-9 and CEA in normal pregnancy: a longitudinal study. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;285:579-84 pubmed publisher..However, these elevations were within the normal range. CA 15-3 is independent of gestation and reliable tumor markers in monitoring malignancy in pregnant patients. ..
- Kiran T, Demirkesen C, Eker C, Kumusoglu H, Tuzuner N. The significance of MUM1/IRF4 protein expression and IRF4 translocation of CD30(+) cutaneous T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders: a study of 53 cases. Leuk Res. 2013;37:396-400 pubmed publisher..In our study group with 53 cases, the detection of IRF4 translocation had a specificity and positive predictive value for PCALCL of 100%. In contrast MUM1/IRF4 protein expression was distributed widely without any predictive value. ..
- Kuru L, Griffiths G, Petrie A, Olsen I. Changes in transforming growth factor-beta1 in gingival crevicular fluid following periodontal surgery. J Clin Periodontol. 2004;31:527-33 pubmed..This suggests that changes in the levels of this growth factor in GCF might be useful for monitoring the progress of periodontal repair and regeneration. ..
- Deligezer U, Akisik E, Dalay N. Homozygosity at the C677T of the MTHFR gene is associated with increased breast cancer risk in the Turkish population. In Vivo. 2005;19:889-93 pubmed..009; OR = 3.3). Homozygosity for the low-activity C677T genotype (TT) may represent a genetic determinant increasing breast cancer risk. ..
- Gedikbasi A, Gul A, Sargin A, Ceylan Y. Cystic hygroma and lymphangioma: associated findings, perinatal outcome and prognostic factors in live-born infants. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007;276:491-8 pubmed..Prenatal diagnosis with invasive procedures should be done in order to inform the parents in detail. Axillary location of the hygroma and the depth of invasion had prognostic importance. ..
- Sasani M, Ozer A, Oktenoglu T, Canbulat N, Sarioglu A. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy for far lateral lumbar disc herniations: prospective study and outcome of 66 patients. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2007;50:91-7 pubmed..Consequently this technique can only be a treatment option on appropriate patients. This study reconfirmed that the removal of fragmented disc material is achieved and offers a pain-free status. ..
- Cavusoglu H, Turkmenoglu O, Kaya R, Tuncer C, Colak I, Sahin Y, et al. Efficacy of unilateral laminectomy for bilateral decompression in lumbar spinal stenosis. Turk Neurosurg. 2007;17:100-8 pubmed
- Ozyurt M, Haznedaroglu T, Sahiner F, Oncul O, Ceylan S, Ardic N, et al. [Antimicrobial resistance profiles of community-acquired uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolates during 2004-2006 in a training hospital in Istanbul]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2008;42:231-43 pubmed..These results show that resistance to AMP, AMC and SXT are frequent in community-acquired E. coli strains and empirical initial treatment with these agents will most probably be inappropriate in our region. ..
- Abuzayed B, Tanriover N, Gazioglu N, Sanus G, Ozlen F, Biceroglu H, et al. Endoscopic endonasal anatomy and approaches to the anterior skull base: a neurosurgeon's viewpoint. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:529-37 pubmed publisher..Recently, these approaches are gaining popularity among neurosurgeons, and the details of the endoscopic anatomy and approaches are highlighted from the neurosurgeons' point of view, correlated with demonstrative cases...
- Oztürk M, Kalkan S, Koca O, Gunes M, Akyuz M, Karaman M. Efficacy of alfuzosin and sildenafil combination in male patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. Andrologia. 2012;44 Suppl 1:791-5 pubmed publisher..4 (33%) points increases in Q(max) . The outcomes of our study cannot be interpreted in such a way to report that alpha blocker-PDE5 inhibitor combination has a better efficacy than alpha blocker treatment alone in patients with LUTS. ..
- GÃ¼venÃ§ T, HÃ¼seyinoÄŸlu N, Ã–zben S, Kul Å, Ã‡etin R, Ã–zen K, et al. Right ventricular geometry and mechanics in patients with obstructive sleep apnea living at high altitude. Sleep Breath. 2016;20:5-13 pubmed publisher..The reversibility of these alterations with treatment remains to be studied. ..
- Hidiroglu S, Topuzoglu A, Onsuz M. A community-based intervention programme on hormonal contraceptives: The utilisation of social networks. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2016;36:126-30 pubmed..Education with peer groups is shown to be effective in improving the knowledge of women about contraception. Information transfer through peer groups should be used more frequently particularly for emergency contraception. ..
- Kiyan E, Aktas S, Toklu A. Hemoptysis provoked by voluntary diaphragmatic contractions in breath-hold divers. Chest. 2001;120:2098-100 pubmed..We suggest that the negative intrathoracic pressure due to the forced attempt to breathe in with voluntary diaphragmatic contractions contributes to alveolar hemorrhage, since it may damage the pulmonary capillaries. ..
- Madazli R, Aydin S, Uludag S, Vildan O, Tolun N. Maternal plasma levels of cytokines in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies and their relationship with diastolic blood pressure and fibronectin levels. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2003;82:797-802 pubmed..The clinical severity of preeclampsia seems to correlate with the severity of the cytokine abnormalities. ..
- Seven H, Topuz E, Turgut S. Isolated laryngeal lymphangioma showing the symptoms of acute epiglottitis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2004;261:548-50 pubmed..This interesting case illustrates that the symptoms of acute epiglottitis in the adult should be further investigated to exclude rare lesions such as lymphangioma. ..
- Aykutlu E, Baykan B, Gurses C, Bebek N, Buyukbabani N, Gokyigit A. Add-on therapy with topiramate in progressive myoclonic epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2005;6:260-3 pubmed
- Turgut S, Ercan I, Sayin I, Basak M. The relationship between frontal sinusitis and localization of the frontal sinus outflow tract: a computer-assisted anatomical and clinical study. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;131:518-22 pubmed..There is a statistically significant relation between the presence of frontal sinusitis and the frontal sinus outflow tract, which is medial to the superior attachment of the UP. ..
- Türk Börü U, Kocer A, Bilge C. The efficacy of steroids in idiopathic facial nerve paralysis: an open, randomized, prospective controlled study. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2005;14:62-6 pubmed..05). Further studies with large patient series are needed to clarify the use of steroids in the treatment of idiopathic facial nerve paralysis. ..
- Yildirim S, Taylan G, Akoz T. Freestyle perforator-based V-Y advancement flap for reconstruction of soft tissue defects at various anatomic regions. Ann Plast Surg. 2007;58:501-6 pubmed..These axial pattern flaps can be used successfully with good esthetic and functional results at various regions of the body if there is any detectable perforator. ..
- Horozoglu F, Yanyali A, Celik E, Aytug B, Nohutcu A. Primary 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy in pseudophakic retinal detachment. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2007;55:337-40 pubmed..We conducted this study to report the anatomic and functional outcomes of 25-gauge TSV in the treatment of primary pseudophakic retinal detachment (RD)...
- Uygur F, Duman H, Ulkur E, Ceiköz B. Chronic postburn palmar contractures reconstruction using the medial pedis perforator flap. Ann Plast Surg. 2008;61:269-73 pubmed publisher..We determined that the medialis pedis flap was a remarkable alternative for palmar reconstruction of the hand and digits due to burn because of its glabrous skin, which was very similar to palmar skin, and low donor site morbidity. ..
- Tahan V, Canbakan B, Balci H, Dane F, Akin H, Can G, et al. Serum gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase distinguishes non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at high risk. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:1433-8 pubmed..74 (95% CI: 0.54-0.94). The serum GGT cut-off value for the prediction of advanced fibrosis was 96.5 U/L; with 83% sensitivity and 69% specificity. ..
- Adas G, Karatepe O, Altiok M, Battal M, Bender O, Ozcan D, et al. Diagnostic problems with parasitic and non-parasitic splenic cysts. BMC Surg. 2009;9:9 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we aimed to evaluate the diagnosis, management of patients with parasitic and non-parasitic splenic cysts together with their long term follow up progresses...
- Balak N, Bayindir C, Uzuner E. Do cyst wall thickness and cyst size have any effect on the intra-operative inadvertent rupture of echinococcal hydatid cyst of central nervous system?. Clin Neuropathol. 2009;28:203-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the cyst size and wall thickness do not have any effect on the intact removal of hydatid cyst. It seems that the use of appropriate surgical techniques play the most effective role in outcome of hydatid cyst surgery. ..
- Aydin Ozemir Z, Terzibasioglu E, Altindag E, Sencer S, Baykan B. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy findings in photosensitive idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Clin EEG Neurosci. 2010;41:42-9 pubmed..Our results support previous MR studies suggesting an asymmetrical neuronal dysfunction in favor of the dominant occipital cortex and thalamus in photosensitive IGE patients. ..
- Alco G, Iğdem S, Ercan T, Dincer M, Sentürk R, Atilla S, et al. Coverage of axillary lymph nodes with high tangential fields in breast radiotherapy. Br J Radiol. 2010;83:1072-6 pubmed publisher..Modification of HTF with MLC is necessary to obtain an adequate coverage of axillary levels without compromising healthy tissue in the majority of the patients. ..
- Yazar M, Erbek E, Eradamlar N, Alpkan L. The Seven Sleepers: a folie à deux case originating from a religious-cultural belief. Transcult Psychiatry. 2011;48:684-92 pubmed publisher..These mystical delusions were derived from the Anatolian legend of The Seven Sleepers. The case resulted in the death of the wife. This study illustrates the role of cultural and religious factors in folie à deux. ..
- Midi A, Yener A, Sav A, Cubuk R. Cauda equina paraganglioma with ependymoma-like histology: a case report. Turk Neurosurg. 2012;22:353-9 pubmed publisher..No recurrence or metastasis is expected when it is totally resected. Morphology can be misleading hence immunohistochemistry and/or ultrastructural study is necessary for correct diagnosis. ..
- Guclu D, Güçlü O, Ozaner A, Senormanci O, Konkan R. The relationship between disability, quality of life and fear-avoidance beliefs in patients with chronic low back pain. Turk Neurosurg. 2012;22:724-31 pubmed publisher..We think that it'd have a role for the perception of disability and connected to this to prevent the impairment of life quality by implications for FAB in these patients. ..