Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adolescent in Istanbul, Turkey
Locale: Istanbul, Turkey
Publications558 found, 100 shown here
- Pirimoglu Z, Guzelmeric K, Alpay B, Balcik O, Unal O, Turan M. Psychological factors of hyperemesis gravidarum by using the SCL-90-R questionnaire. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2010;37:56-9 pubmed..The most significant difference between the two groups was in somatization subscales (p < 0.0001). Hyperemesis gravidarum is a complex disorder with psychological aspects. Considering this fact can help us deal with the disorder. ..
- Yildirim Y, Orhan E, Iseri S, Serdaroğlu Oflazer P, Kara B, Solakoglu S, et al. A frameshift mutation of ERLIN2 in recessive intellectual disability, motor dysfunction and multiple joint contractures. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1886-92 pubmed publisher..The gene encodes endoplasmic reticulum (ER) lipid raft-associated protein 2 that mediates the ER-associated degradation of activated inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors and other substrates. ..
- Koca B, Kasapcopur O, Bakari S, Celik E, Calay O. QT dispersion and cardiac involvement in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2012;32:3137-42 pubmed..During 12 months of follow-up, no ventricular arrhythmias were documented in either group. ..
- Breckpot J, Anderlid B, Alanay Y, Blyth M, Brahimi A, Duban Bedu B, et al. Chromosome 22q12.1 microdeletions: confirmation of the MN1 gene as a candidate gene for cleft palate. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:51-8 pubmed publisher..These observations, together with the mouse expression data and the finding of craniofacial malformations including cleft palate in a Mn1-knockout mouse model, suggest that this gene is a candidate gene for cleft palate in humans. ..
- Cinar U, Vural C, Cakir B, Topuz E, Karaman M, Turgut S. Nocturnal enuresis and upper airway obstruction. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2001;59:115-8 pubmed..We do suggest that UAO is probably a more common etiological factor in NE than previously recognised. ..
- Sar C, Eralp L. Surgical treatment of primary tumors of the sacrum. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2002;122:148-55 pubmed..In contrast, wide resections are necessary for complete disease control in radio- and chemoresistant malignancies. Nerve root dissection should be performed in order to achieve wide margins. ..
- Tasmacioglu B, Aydinli I, Keskinbora K, Pekel A, Salihoglu T, Sonsuz A. Effect of intravenous administration of paracetamol on morphine consumption in cancer pain control. Support Care Cancer. 2009;17:1475-81 pubmed publisher..However, the study was underpowered, and future studies in this important area need to be wary of background noise and the risk of a type II error. ..
- Koltka K, Uludag E, Senturk M, Yavru A, Karadeniz M, Sengul T, et al. Comparison of equipotent doses of ropivacaine-fentanyl and bupivacaine-fentanyl in spinal anaesthesia for lower abdominal surgery. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2009;37:923-8 pubmed..5 mg plus fentanyl 20 microg is associated with a lower level of sensory block and a shorter duration of motor block when compared to bupivacaine 13 mg plus fentanyl 20 microg for spinal anaesthesia in lower abdominal surgery. ..
- Aydin S, Maksymowych W, Bennett A, McGonagle D, Emery P, Marzo Ortega H. Validation of the ASAS criteria and definition of a positive MRI of the sacroiliac joint in an inception cohort of axial spondyloarthritis followed up for 8 years. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:56-60 pubmed publisher..To aid implementation, ASAS has proposed a definition of a positive MRI for active sacroiliitis...
- Kara N, Yildirim Y, Demircan A, Cankaya I, Kutlubay Z, Engin B, et al. Topographic and biomechanical evaluation of cornea in patients with ichthyosis vulgaris. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2012;35:208-12 pubmed publisher..These results should be taken into account when planning a corneal refractive surgery and glaucoma screening for patients with IV. ..
- Pehlivan O. Functional treatment of the distal third humeral shaft fractures. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2002;122:390-5 pubmed..Young adults who have isolated, closed, distal third humeral shaft fractures are good candidates for functional bracing. ..
- Kilinç M, Ninis V, Ugur S, Tuysuz B, Seven M, Balci S, et al. Is the novel SCKL3 at 14q23 the predominant Seckel locus?. Eur J Hum Genet. 2003;11:851-7 pubmed..A consanguineous family with one affected sib was indicative of linkage to SCKL2. The novel gene locus SCKL3 is 1.18 cM and harbors ménage a trois 1, a gene with a role in DNA repair. ..
- Kapan M, Kapan S, Goksoy E, Perek S, Kol E. Postoperative recurrence in hepatic hydatid disease. J Gastrointest Surg. 2006;10:734-9 pubmed..It is concluded that selection of the proper incision allowing complete exposition, and performance of pericystectomy in solitary, peripherally located cysts prevent recurrence. ..
- Toker E, Onal S, Eraslan M, Eyriparmak M. The Turkish version of the National Eye Institute Refractive Error Quality of Life Instrument: translation, validity and reliability. Qual Life Res. 2008;17:1269-76 pubmed publisher..The Turkish version of the NEI-RQL-42 is a reliable and valid measure of vision-related quality of life in patients with refractive error. ..
- Gonullu D, Koksoy F, Ilgun S, Demiray O, Yucel O, Yucel T. Treatment of penetrating hepatic injuries: a retrospective analysis of 50 patients. Eur Surg Res. 2009;42:174-80 pubmed publisher..NTL occurring at a rate of 22% would decrease to 2% if 'RTS <7' criteria was added to the hemodynamic instability and/or peritoneal irritation findings determining surgical candidacy. ..
- Tugcu A, Yildirimturk O, Baytaroğlu C, Kurtoglu H, Kose O, Sener M, et al. Clinical spectrum, presentation, and risk factors for mortality in infective endocarditis: a review of 68 cases at a tertiary care center in Turkey. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2009;37:9-18 pubmed..The rates of PVE, nosocomial IE, and surgical treatment were about the same. ..
- Saruc M, Iki K, Pour P. Morphometric studies in human pancreatic cancer argues against the etiological role of type 2 diabetes in pancreatic cancer. Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:423-32 pubmed publisher..Rather, the development of diabetes in subjects prone to pancreatic cancer could be a red flag for malignancy. ..
- Ay D, Akkas M, Sivri B. Patient population and factors determining length of stay in adult ED of a Turkish University Medical Center. Am J Emerg Med. 2010;28:325-30 pubmed publisher..There is also a correlation between patient complexity and length of stay in emergency service. The ED overcrowding rises with increased visits and patients staying in ED who should be hospitalized. ..
- Allahverdiyev A, Bagirova M, Elçıçek S, Koc R, Oztel O. Effect of human urine on cell cycle and infectivity of Leismania species promastigotes in vitro. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011;85:639-43 pubmed publisher..7 for L. tropica, 55 ± 2.2 for L. infantum, 41 ± 3.14 for L. donovani, and 49 ± 3.26 for L. major. Our results showed that human urine increased the infectivity and proliferation of Leishmania parasites. ..
- Ã‡etin Y, Griffiths C, Ã–zel Z, Kinay H. Affective Overload: The Effect of Emotive Visual Stimuli on Target Vocabulary Retrieval. J Psycholinguist Res. 2016;45:275-85 pubmed publisher..Implications of this finding are discussed and suggestions made for ongoing research. ..
- Cikrikcioglu M, Ozdemir A, Sekin Y, Yalcin B, Altay M, Gundogdu A, et al. Association of calcium antagonist use with lower hemoglobin levels in hemodialysis patients. Minerva Urol Nefrol. 2015;67:187-96 pubmed..But, higher amount of ESA consumption, ACE inhibitor use and calcium antagonist use were significantly associated with lower hemoglobin value. CA use was associated with lower hemoglobin levels in our hemodialysis patient population. ..
- Işık E, Kuyumcu S, Kebudi R, Sanli Y, Karakas Z, Cakir F, et al. Prediction of outcome in pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma based on interpretation of 18FDG-PET/CT according to ?SUVmax, Deauville 5-point scale and IHP criteria. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:660-668 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, quantitative evaluation and visual evaluation by IHP can be used reliably at the end of the treatment. In this regard, we report the optimal cut-off value of SUVmax reduction as 73%. ..
- Sever M, Erek E, Vanholder R, Lameire N. Effect of gender on various parameters of crush syndrome victims of the Marmara earthquake. J Nephrol. 2004;17:399-404 pubmed..This study aimed to analyze the effect of gender on clinical course of the renal victims of the catastrophic Marmara earthquake that struck Northwestern Turkey in 1999...
- Yildirim S, Taylan G, Akoz T. Use of fascia component of the anterolateral thigh flap for different reconstructive purposes. Ann Plast Surg. 2005;55:479-84 pubmed
- Burc H, Dursun M, Orhun H, Gurkan V, Bayhan I. [Treatment of adult tibial diaphysis fractures with reamed and locked intramedullary nailing]. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2009;43:7-13 pubmed publisher..4%). Treatment of tibial diaphysis fractures with reamed and locked intramedullary nailing is an appropriate choice with a low complication rate. It can be safely used in moderately contaminated open fractures. ..
- Bilal M, Yerebakan C, Karaci A, Eren M. Ross-Konno procedure for the surgical treatment of prosthesis-patient mismatch after prosthetic aortic valve replacement. J Card Surg. 2013;28:666-9 pubmed publisher..In both cases the postoperative course was uneventful with immediate improvement in clinical symptoms. Both patients remain in excellent clinical and hemodynamic condition four and six years after the Ross-Konno procedure. ..
- Dincol G, Elam D, Kutlar A, Kutlar F. Hb Setif [alpha94(G1)Asp --> Tyr (alpha2)] detected in a Turkish family. Hemoglobin. 2003;27:249-52 pubmed
- Dervent A, Gibson K, Pearl P, Salomons G, Jakobs C, Yalcinkaya C. Photosensitive absence epilepsy with myoclonias and heterozygosity for succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase (SSADH) deficiency. Clin Neurophysiol. 2004;115:1417-22 pubmed..Pathogenic explanations may relate to regional elevations in GABA or GHB concentrations. ..
- Seven H, Coskun B, Calis A, Sayin I, Turgut S. Intracranial abscesses associated with chronic suppurative otitis media. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2005;262:847-51 pubmed..One patient died. The early diagnosis of these complications requires a high index of suspicion and imaging studies. A multidisciplinary and coordinated approach is important for the management of these patients. ..
- Bas N, Guzey F, Emel E, Alatas I, Sel B. Paradoxical intracranial tuberculoma requiring surgical treatment. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2005;41:201-5 pubmed..She was followed with dexamethasone treatment in addition to antituberculous therapy for 2 months. Then, the lesion was removed because it had increased in size in spite of appropriate chemotherapy...
- Nalbantgil D, Sayinsu K, Capa N, Basal N. Interdisciplinary management of a patient with skeletal anteroposterior discrepancy, impacted canine, and missing teeth. World J Orthod. 2008;9:35-42 pubmed
- Akin Y, Comert S, Turan C, Piçak A, Ağzikuru T, Telatar B. Macrosomic newborns: a 3-year review. Turk J Pediatr. 2010;52:378-83 pubmed
- Atay D, Ozturk G, Akcay A, Yanaşik M, Anak S, Devecioglu O. Effect and safety of granulocyte transfusions in pediatric patients with febrile neutropenia or defective granulocyte functions. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2011;33:e220-5 pubmed publisher..Further randomized controlled studies with long-term follow-up are needed to assess the exact role of GTX in the outcome of patients with neutropenia and patients with defective granulocyte functions. ..
- Bui C, Huber C, Tuysuz B, Alanay Y, Bole Feysot C, Leroy J, et al. XYLT1 mutations in Desbuquois dysplasia type 2. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:405-14 pubmed publisher..This observation sheds light on the key role of the XT-I during the ossification process. ..
- Conedera S, Apaydin H, Li Y, Yoshino H, Ikeda A, Matsushima T, et al. FBXO7 mutations in Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;40:192.e1-192.e5 pubmed publisher..Based on recent literature, we reviewed and compared the clinical findings and population differences between documented FBXO7 cases. ..
- Tor M, Atasalihi A, Altuntas N, Sulu E, Senol T, Kir A, et al. Review of cases with cystic hydatid lung disease in a tertiary referral hospital located in an endemic region: a 10 years' experience. Respiration. 2000;67:539-42 pubmed..Total postoperative complication and mortality rate is low and we recommend a close follow-up of the operated cases to diagnose postoperative recurrence early in its course. ..
- Kilic T, Elmaci I, Bayri Y, Pamir M, Erzen C. Value of transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis and follow-up of carotid-cavernous fistulae. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2001;143:1257-64, discussion 1264-5 pubmed..In these situations, TCD reveals specific diagnostic findings and allows the examiner to determine whether cerebral angiography is indicated. ..
- Azizlerli G, Kose A, Sarica R, Gul A, Tutkun I, Kulac M, et al. Prevalence of Behçet's disease in Istanbul, Turkey. Int J Dermatol. 2003;42:803-6 pubmed..This study aids in the estimation of the prevalence of BD in Turkey, and supports previous findings that Turkey has the highest prevalence rate of the disease in the world. ..
- Omeroglu R, Olgar S, Nisli K. Signal-averaged electrocardiogram may be a beneficial prognostic procedure in the postoperative follow-up tetralogy of fallot patients to determine the risk of ventricular arrhythmias. Pediatr Cardiol. 2007;28:208-12 pubmed..SAECG may be beneficial in determining ventricular arrhythmia risk in tetralogy of Fallot patients postoperatively. ..
- Sonmez A, Ozturk N, Durmuş N, Bayramicli M, Numanoglu A. Patients' perspectives on the ocular symptoms of facial paralysis after gold weight implantation. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008;61:1065-8 pubmed..They provide a satisfactory lid closure and aesthetic appearance in the patients' point of view. However, the ocular symptoms of facial paralysis still persist to some extent and the procedure is not without its complications. ..
- Guneysel O, Onur O, Erdede M, Denizbasi A. Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole resistance in urinary tract infections. J Emerg Med. 2009;36:338-41 pubmed publisher..At the same time it was found that resistance rates against FQ antibiotics are as high as 16.4%. Unfortunately, in our population, in the near future, empiric FQ use may result in bacterial resistance. ..
- Guran T, Turan S, Akcay T, Bereket A. Significance of acanthosis nigricans in childhood obesity. J Paediatr Child Health. 2008;44:338-41 pubmed publisher..AN is an important predictor of the insulin resistance in childhood obesity. Insulin secretory dynamics seem to be disrupted in fasting state initially, which is reflected as the loss of fasting insulin-glucose correlation in AN group. ..
- Tiftikci A, Atug O, Tozun N. Awareness of hepatitis C virus transmission routes among patients, their household contacts and health care staff: does perception match the reality?. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2009;20:104-7 pubmed..More vigorous education programs are needed to increase awareness of hepatitis C virus in various risk groups in our country. ..
- Ceran N, Mert D, Kocdogan F, Erdem I, Adalati R, Ozyurek S, et al. A randomized comparative study of single-dose fosfomycin and 5-day ciprofloxacin in female patients with uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections. J Infect Chemother. 2010;16:424-30 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that the use of FMT as a first-line treatment in the empirical treatment of uncomplicated UTIs might have a positive impact on the problem of resistance to other antibiotics. ..
- Akin H, Tahan G, Ture F, Eren F, Atug O, Tahan V, et al. Association between bactericidal/permeability increasing protein (BPI) gene polymorphism (Lys216Glu) and inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2011;5:14-8 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first one reporting a novel association between BPI gene mutation (Lys216Glu) and UC. ..
- Ozal S, Akça A, Cakmakci E. Is there a relationship between talar osteochondral lesions and foot angles?. Radiol Med. 2016;121:801-4 pubmed publisher..80°-44.80°, median 39.50° ± 6.18°) compared with the control group (range 22.60°-40.50°, median 34.10° ± 4.26°) (p = 0.032). There is an association between lateral talocalcaneal angle and non-traumatic talar OCD. ..
- Sever M, Erek E, Vanholder R, Akoglu E, Yavuz M, Ergin H, et al. Clinical findings in the renal victims of a catastrophic disaster: the Marmara earthquake. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002;17:1942-9 pubmed..After the devastating Marmara earthquake that struck Turkey in August 1999, 639 patients were identified with nephrological problems, whose clinical findings have been the subject of this analysis...
- Turkmen A, Altan A, Turgut N, Vatansever S, Gokkaya S. The correlation between the Richmond agitation-sedation scale and bispectral index during dexmedetomidine sedation. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2006;23:300-4 pubmed..900; P = 0.0001) Richmond agitation sedation scale levels significantly correlated with bispectral index values during dexmedetomidine sedation in critically ill patients requiring mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit. ..
- Tugrul S, Oral O, Kumru P, Kose D, Alkan A, Yildirim G. Evaluation and importance of asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2005;32:237-40 pubmed..We, therefore, suggest that it would be prudent to screen pregnant women for bacteriuria in the second and third trimesters. ..
- Kucukardali Y, Solmazgul E, Kunter E, Oncul O, Yildirim S, Kaplan M. Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease: analysis of 244 cases. Clin Rheumatol. 2007;26:50-4 pubmed..1%. Early diagnosis is crucial as the clinical and laboratory presentation generally imitates situations needing lengthy and costly diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. Additionally, association with SLE needs further investigation. ..
- Cetinkaya F, Ozturk A, Kutluk G, Erdem E. Penicillin sensitivity among hospital nurses without a history of penicillin allergy. J Adv Nurs. 2007;58:126-9 pubmed..Further research is needed to explore this important issue. ..
- Tugal Tutkun I, Araz B, Taskapili M, Akova Y, Yalniz Akkaya Z, Berker N, et al. Bilateral acute depigmentation of the iris: report of 26 new cases and four-year follow-up of two patients. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:1552-7, 1557.e1 pubmed publisher..Young female persons are more commonly affected. The cause remains unknown. After 4 years, the ocular findings in 2 patients normalized. ..
- Horster F, Garbade S, Zwickler T, Aydin H, Bodamer O, Burlina A, et al. Prediction of outcome in isolated methylmalonic acidurias: combined use of clinical and biochemical parameters. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2009;32:630 pubmed publisher..The prognosis is still unfavourable in patients with neonatal metabolic crises and non-responsiveness to cobalamin, in particular mut(0) patients. ..
- Abuzayed B, Tanriover N, Biceroglu H, Yuksel O, Tanriover O, Albayram S, et al. Pneumatization degree of the anterior clinoid process: a new classification. Neurosurg Rev. 2010;33:367-73; discussion 374 pubmed publisher..Proper intraoperative management can be undertaken with special attention to the new classification. ..
- EliaÃ§ik M, Bayramlar H, Erdur S, Karabela Y, Demirci G, Gulkilik I, et al. Anterior segment optical coherence tomography evaluation of corneal epithelium healing time after 2 different surface ablation methods. Saudi Med J. 2015;36:67-72 pubmed publisher..The PRK showed a statistically significant shorter epithelial healing time, but had a statistically significant higher discomfort score until the postoperative fourth day compared with LASEK. ..
- Basar E, Emek Savaş D, Güntekin B, Yener G. Delay of cognitive gamma responses in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroimage Clin. 2016;11:106-115 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of this study, we propose that gamma responses should be examined in a more detailed fashion using multiple frequency and time windows. ..
- Sutlas P, Unal A, Forta H, Senol S, Kirbas D. Tuberculous meningitis in adults: review of 61 cases. Infection. 2003;31:387-91 pubmed..Early suspicion and appropriate long-term antituberculosis therapy together with corticosteroids may reduce mortality and morbidity in TBM patients. ..
- Senyuz O, Yesildag E, Kuruoglu S, Yeker Y, Emir H. Caroli's disease in children: is it commonly misdiagnosed?. Acta Paediatr. 2005;94:117-20 pubmed..Delayed diagnosis of Caroli's disease is difficult to manage and appropriate investigations are warranted before planning a surgical approach. ..
- Demir T, Oztunc F, Cetin G, Saltik L, Eroglu A, Babaoglu K, et al. Patency or recanalization of the arterial duct after surgical double ligation and transfixion. Cardiol Young. 2007;17:48-50 pubmed..Residual shunting, or recanalization, may occur even after double ligation and transfixion of the duct. Since the residual flow may emerge after months, or even years, follow-up is needed for longer periods. ..
- Sidal M, Kilic A, Unuvar E, Oguz F, Onel M, Agacfidan A, et al. Frequency of Chlamydia pneumoniae and Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections in children. J Trop Pediatr. 2007;53:225-31 pubmed..The otherwise C. pneumoniae infections were rarely seen in children. A Comparison of serology diagnostic tests for M. pneumoniae infections was found more sensitive and specific than PCR. ..
- Ozyurt M, Gungor A, Ergunay K, Cekin E, Erkul E, Haznedaroglu T. Real-time PCR detection of Helicobacter pylori and virulence-associated cagA in nasal polyps and laryngeal disorders. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;141:131-5 pubmed publisher..DNA purification methods were equally effective. H pylori DNA is present in nasal polyp and larynx tissues as well as normal nasal mucosa, as detected by a sensitive real-time PCR assay. cagA-positive strains dominate in all groups. ..
- Vatansever S, Gelisgen R, Uzun H, Yurt S, Kosar F. Potential role of matrix metalloproteinase-2,-9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1,-2 in exudative pleural effusions. Clin Invest Med. 2009;32:E293-300 pubmed..These results suggest that overproduction of MMP-9 and TIMP-2 is associated with accumulation of the pleural effusion in malignancy. Further studies with a greater number of patients are needed to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Erbil Y, Sari S, Agcaoglu O, Ersoz F, Bayraktar A, Salmaslioglu A, et al. Radio-guided excision of metastatic lymph nodes in thyroid carcinoma: a safe technique for previously operated neck compartments. World J Surg. 2010;34:2581-8 pubmed publisher..Radio-guided excision of metastatic lymph nodes can be performed safely for the detection and excision of recurrent thyroid cancer in the central and lateral neck. ..
- Oz S, Gokcen Rohlig B, Saruhanoglu A, Tuncer E. Management of myofascial pain: low-level laser therapy versus occlusal splints. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:1722-8 pubmed publisher..This particular type of low-level laser therapy (820 nm, 3 J/cm2, 300-mW output power) is as effective as occlusal splint in pain release and mandibular movement improvement in MP. ..
- Silay M, Tanriverdi O, Karatag T, Ozcelik G, Horasanli K, Miroglu C. Twelve-year experience with Hinman-Allen syndrome at a single center. Urology. 2011;78:1397-401 pubmed publisher..6%). The mean creatinine levels had remained stable at the end of the follow-up. Close follow-up at a single institution and proactive treatment resulted in successful stabilization of HAS in most of our children with HAS. ..
- Soyluk O, Boztepe H, Aral F, Alagol F, Ozbey N. Papillary thyroid carcinoma patients assessed to be at low or intermediary risk after primary treatment are at greater risk of long term recurrence if they are thyroglobulin antibody positive or do not have distinctly low thyroglobulin at initial ass. Thyroid. 2011;21:1301-8 pubmed publisher..Periodic C-US is important in these patients and should probably be more frequent in patients with PTC who have positive anti-Tg tests or STg ≥0.3 ng/mL in the first year after diagnosis. ..
- Sögütlü Sari E, Kubaloglu A, Unal M, Piñero Llorens D, Koytak A, Ofluoglu A, et al. Penetrating keratoplasty versus deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty: comparison of optical and visual quality outcomes. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012;96:1063-7 pubmed publisher..05). DALK is an alternative treatment option in eyes with moderate to advanced keratoconus, providing comparable results to PK in terms of visual acuity, refraction, CSF and HOA. ..
- Eryilmaz R, Sahin M, Okan I, Alimoglu O, Somay A. Umbilical pilonidal sinus disease: predisposing factors and treatment. World J Surg. 2005;29:1158-60 pubmed..Surgery should be performed in recurrent cases resistant to conservative treatment. The importance of differential diagnosis of umbilical pilonidal sinus from other umbilical pathologies is also emphasized...
- Gunduz A, Kiziltan M, Coşkun T, Delil S, Yeni N, Ozkara C. Electrophysiological findings in Rasmussen's syndrome. Epileptic Disord. 2016;18:73-6 pubmed publisher..Stimulus-sensitive positive and negative cortical myoclonus are typical in epilepsia partialis continua of Rasmussen syndrome and degeneration of brainstem and reticulospinal pathways may develop in Rasmussen syndrome. ..
- Pamir M, Ozduman K, Yildiz E, Sav A, Dincer A. Intraoperative magnetic resonance spectroscopy for identification of residual tumor during low-grade glioma surgery: clinical article. J Neurosurg. 2013;118:1191-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first clinical series to indicate that ioMRS can be used to differentiate residual tumor from nontumoral changes around the resection cavity, with high sensitivity and specificity. ..
- Olgac V, Koseoglu B, Aksakalli N. Odontogenic tumours in Istanbul: 527 cases. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;44:386-8 pubmed..The posterior mandible was the commonest site (n=184, 35%), followed by the premolar area of the mandible (n=98, 19%), and the anterior maxilla (n=84, 16%). ..
- Ugur S, Tolun A. A deletion in DRCTNNB1A associated with hypomyelination and juvenile onset cataract. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:261-4 pubmed..The clinical phenotypes described for five patients broaden the phenotype of the disease and indicate that congenital cataract is not an essential criterion for differential diagnosis. ..
- Aydin A, Kabakas F, Erer M, Ozkan T, Tuncer S. [Surgical treatment of volar wrist ganglia]. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2003;37:309-12 pubmed
- Akbayir N, Alkim C, Erdem L, Sokmen H, Sungun A, Basak T, et al. Heterotopic gastric mucosa in the cervical esophagus (inlet patch): endoscopic prevalence, histological and clinical characteristics. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004;19:891-6 pubmed
- Sayin O, Ugurlucan M, Dursun M, Ucar A, Tireli E. Bifid cardiac apex: a rare morphologic structure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;131:474-5 pubmed
- Turan G, Ozgultekin A, Turan C, Dincer E, Yuksel G. Advantageous effects of dexmedetomidine on haemodynamic and recovery responses during extubation for intracranial surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2008;25:816-20 pubmed publisher..5 microg kg(-1) administered 5 min before the end of surgery stabilizes haemodynamics, allows easy extubation, provides a more comfortable recovery and early neurological examination following intracranial operations. ..
- Kapran Y, Bauersfeld J, Anlauf M, Sipos B, Kloppel G. Multihormonality and entrapment of islets in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Virchows Arch. 2006;448:394-8 pubmed
- Dolar N, Serdaroglu S, Yilmaz G, Ergin S. Seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2 in Turkey. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2006;20:1232-6 pubmed..These results confirm a higher prevalence of HSV infection than estimated, especially in high risk groups in Turkey. The high prevalence of HSV infection underlines the need for education among these populations. ..
- Nalbantoglu U, Kocaoglu B, Gereli A, Aktas S, Guven O. Open reduction and internal fixation of Mason type III radial head fractures with and without an associated elbow dislocation. J Hand Surg Am. 2007;32:1560-8 pubmed..We believe there is still a role for prosthetic replacement in comminuted Mason III radial head fractures that cannot reliably be treated with open reduction and internal fixation. Prognostic II. ..
- Germec Cakan D, Taner T, Akan S. Arch-width and perimeter changes in patients with borderline Class I malocclusion treated with extractions or without extractions with air-rotor stripping. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010;137:734.e1-7; discussion 734-5 pubmed publisher..In Class I borderline patients with moderate crowding, extraction therapy with minimum anchorage did not result in narrower dental arches, and nonextraction treatment with ARS preserved the intercanine arch widths and arch perimeters. ..
- Cappellini M, Bejaoui M, Agaoglu L, Porter J, Coates T, Jeng M, et al. Prospective evaluation of patient-reported outcomes during treatment with deferasirox or deferoxamine for iron overload in patients with beta-thalassemia. Clin Ther. 2007;29:909-917 pubmed publisher..Most patients receiving deferasirox indicated that they would be willing to continue taking it. These results suggest that deferasirox had a positive impact on patients' daily lives. ..
- Ardagil A, Yaylali S, Erbil H, Olgun A, Aslan Z, Dolar A. The prevalence of anisometropia aniso-astigmatism and amblyopia in neurofibromatosis type 1. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2009;19:470-4 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to document the prevalence of anisometropia, anisoastigmatism, and anisometropic amblyopia in patients with neurofibromatosis-1 (NF1) and to compare it with that in age- and sex-matched controls...
- Vural S, Erdem E, Gulec S, Yildirmak Y, Kebudi R. Imipenem-cilastatin versus piperacillin-tazobactam as monotherapy in febrile neutropenia. Pediatr Int. 2010;52:262-7 pubmed publisher..Although failure was slightly higher in the imipenem-cilastatin group, this was statistically insignificant. Both of these antibiotics can be used safely for initial empirical monotherapy of febrile neutropenia. ..
- Torun S, Torun F, Catak B. Healthcare workers as parents: attitudes toward vaccinating their children against pandemic influenza A/H1N1. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:596 pubmed publisher..Efforts for orienting the HCWs to use evidence based scientific sources, rather than the media for information should be considered by the authorities. ..
- Sever M, Erek E, Vanholder R, Koc M, Yavuz M, Aysuna N, et al. Lessons learned from the catastrophic Marmara earthquake: factors influencing the final outcome of renal victims. Clin Nephrol. 2004;61:413-21 pubmed..The Marmara earthquake, which struck Northwestern Turkey in August 1999, was characterized by 639 crush syndrome victims with acute renal problems. The factors influencing their final outcome have been the subject of this study...
- Topak M, Oysu C, Yelken K, Sahin Yilmaz A, Kulekci M. Laryngeal involvement in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;265:327-30 pubmed..Response to antituberculous medication is usually late in LT and diagnosis by "wait and watch" policy will cause a significant delay in the diagnosis of a possible larynx carcinoma...
- Haklar U, Kocaoglu B, Gereli A, Nalbantoglu U, Guven O. Arthroscopic inspection after the surgical treatment of patella fractures. Int Orthop. 2009;33:665-70 pubmed publisher..Despite good knee scores, we observed surface irregularities, chondral lesions, and fibrillation in most of the cases implicating subsequent patellofemoral arthritis. ..
- Onal B, Siva A, Buldu I, Demirkesen O, Cetinel B. Voiding dysfunction due to multiple sclerosis: a large scale retrospective analysis. Int Braz J Urol. 2009;35:326-33 pubmed..Although detrusor overactivity and detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia were the most common urodynamic diagnoses, upper urinary tract deterioration was rare in our series. ..
- Yavuz B, Aydinlar E, Dikmen P, Incesu C. Association between somatic amplification, anxiety, depression, stress and migraine. J Headache Pain. 2013;14:53 pubmed publisher..We point out that the timely assessing of somatic amplification and the evaluation of mental status would help improve the quality of life of in migraineurs. ..
- Darendeliler F, Larsson P, Neyzi O, Price A, Hagenäs L, Sipila I, et al. Growth hormone treatment in Aarskog syndrome: analysis of the KIGS (Pharmacia International Growth Database) data. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2003;16:1137-42 pubmed..1 to -1.1) in the seven patients. No adverse events were noted. Although final height data for these patients are still awaited, the present results support the use of GH to promote growth in children with Aarskog syndrome. ..