Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oxidoreductases in Tainan, Taiwan
Locale: Tainan, Taiwan
- Lo C, Hsu L, Li M, Hsu S, Chuang J, Tsai M, et al. MPP+-induced neuronal death in rats involves tyrosine 33 phosphorylation of WW domain-containing oxidoreductase WOX1. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:1634-46 pubmed publisher..Together, activated WOX1 plays an essential role in the MPP+-induced neuronal death. Our synthetic phospho-WOX1 peptide prevents neuronal death, suggestive of its therapeutic potential in mitigating the symptoms of PD. ..
- Li M, Lai F, Hsu L, Lo C, Cheng C, Lin S, et al. Dramatic co-activation of WWOX/WOX1 with CREB and NF-kappaB in delayed loss of small dorsal root ganglion neurons upon sciatic nerve transection in rats. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7820 pubmed publisher..Evidently, WOX1 is the potential target for drug intervention in mitigating symptoms associated with neuronal injury. ..
- Chen S, Chuang J, Wang J, Tsai M, Li H, Chang N. Expression of WW domain-containing oxidoreductase WOX1 in the developing murine nervous system. Neuroscience. 2004;124:831-9 pubmed..Taken together, in this study we have shown the expression and distribution of WOX1 in developing and adult murine nervous system. The potential role of WOX1 in the neuronal differentiation is discussed. ..
- Hong Q, Hsu L, Schultz L, Pratt N, Mattison J, Chang N. Zfra affects TNF-mediated cell death by interacting with death domain protein TRADD and negatively regulates the activation of NF-kappaB, JNK1, p53 and WOX1 during stress response. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:50 pubmed..In response to TNF, Zfra is upregulated and modulates TNF-mediated cell death via interacting with TRADD, FADD and RIP (death-inducing signaling complex) at the receptor level, and downstream effectors NF-kappaB, p53, WOX1, and JNK1. ..
- Wang H, Juo L, Lin Y, Hsiao M, Lin J, Tsai C, et al. WW domain-containing oxidoreductase promotes neuronal differentiation via negative regulation of glycogen synthase kinase 3?. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1049-59 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data reveal a novel mechanism by which WWOX promotes neuronal differentiation in response to RA. ..
- Lin J, Tzai T, Liao C, Wang J, Wu T, Wang H, et al. WWOX protein expression varies among RCC histotypes and downregulation of WWOX protein correlates with less-favorable prognosis in clear RCC. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20:193-9 pubmed publisher..Since clear cell RCC is a special human cancer using unique molecular pathogenesis, further investigation will provide more linking intracellular signaling of WWOX and novel therapeutic targets of human renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Chen S, Chuang J, Cheng C, Hsu L, Chang N. Light-induced retinal damage involves tyrosine 33 phosphorylation, mitochondrial and nuclear translocation of WW domain-containing oxidoreductase in vivo. Neuroscience. 2005;130:397-407 pubmed..In conclusion, activated WOX1 is likely to exert apoptosis of neuronal cells in the outer retina during the light-induced injury and in mice with an inherited retinal defect. ..
- Dudekula S, Lee M, Hsu L, Chen S, Chang N. Zfra is a small wizard in the mitochondrial apoptosis. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:1023-9 pubmed..Control of cellular aging and apoptosis by Zfra, p53 and WWOX is discussed. ..
- Chang N, Hsu L, Lin Y, Lai F, Sheu H. WW domain-containing oxidoreductase: a candidate tumor suppressor. Trends Mol Med. 2007;13:12-22 pubmed..We propose that suppression of WWOX expression by overexpressed hyaluronidases might contribute in part to the development of hormone independence in invasive cancer. ..
- Hsu L, Schultz L, Hong Q, Van Moer K, Heath J, Li M, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 signaling via interaction with cell surface Hyal-2 and recruitment of WWOX/WOX1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16049-59 pubmed publisher..Together, TGF-beta1 invokes a novel signaling by engaging cell surface Hyal-2 and recruiting WOX1 for regulating the activation of Smad-driven promoter, thereby controlling cell growth and death. ..
- Chang J, Chiang M, Lin S, Lee M, He H, Chou P, et al. TIAF1 self-aggregation in peritumor capsule formation, spontaneous activation of SMAD-responsive promoter in p53-deficient environment, and cell death. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e302 pubmed publisher..Together, TIAF1 shows an aggregation-dependent control of tumor progression and metastasis, and regulation of cell death. ..