Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Tainan, Taiwan
Locale: Tainan, Taiwan
- Shen C, Wang S, Ho T, Liu C. Clinical features of community acquired adenovirus pneumonia during the 2011 community outbreak in Southern Taiwan: role of host immune response. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:196 pubmed publisher..Further prospective, large-scale studies are needed to validate our results. ..
- Chau I, Peck Radosavljevic M, Borg C, Malfertheiner P, Seitz J, Park J, et al. Ramucirumab as second-line treatment in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma following first-line therapy with sorafenib: Patient-focused outcome results from the randomised phase III REACH study. Eur J Cancer. 2017;81:17-25 pubmed publisher..In patients with baseline AFP ?400 ng/mL, the significant survival benefit observed in patients treated with ramucirumab was coupled with a trend in patient-focused outcome benefits. NCT01140347. ..
- Chang N, Shie M, Lee K, Chou P, Lin C, Chu C. Can Early Rehabilitation Prevent Posttraumatic Osteoarthritis in the Patellofemoral Joint after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture? Understanding the Pathological Features. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The early TRE program, however, had harmful outcomes. Additionally, inactivity was discovered to initiate the development of PTOA. ..
- Luo C, Wang J, Hung W, Peng G, Tsai Y, Chang T, et al. G9a governs colon cancer stem cell phenotype and chemoradioresistance through PP2A-RPA axis-mediated DNA damage response. Radiother Oncol. 2017;124:395-402 pubmed publisher..Our study theorized that G9a might serve as a novel target in colon cancer, which offers exciting potential in prediction of response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy in patients with advanced CRC. ..
- Lu Y, Cheng C, Tsai C, Lin Y, Lee T, Chen Y, et al. Discrepant effects of heart failure on electrophysiological property in right ventricular outflow tract and left ventricular outflow tract cardiomyocytes. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1317-1327 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RVOT and LVOT cardiomyocytes had distinctive electrophysiological characteristics. HF differentially modulates action potential morphology and ionic currents in RVOT and LVOT cardiomyocytes. ..
- Lopez Beltran A, Paner G, Blanca A, Montironi R, Tsuzuki T, Nagashima Y, et al. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. Virchows Arch. 2017;470:703-709 pubmed publisher..Morphologic recognition and distinction from other (non-)neoplastic lesions with prominent lymphoid stroma are critical for its clinical management. ..
- Lin S, Wu S, Huang H, Lung F, Chi T, Yang J. Can a 10-Minute Questionnaire Identify Significant Psychological Issues in Patients With Temporomandibular Joint Disease?. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1856-1865 pubmed publisher..DDWORWLO produced the highest pain VAS score in patients with DDD. The 13-item Axis II evaluations can offer useful clues for oral and maxillofacial surgeons and other specialists to collaborate with MHRs. ..
- Huang M, Chang W, Chang H, Chung H, Chen F, Huang Y, et al. FADS Gene Polymorphisms, Fatty Acid Desaturase Activities, and HDL-C in Type 2 Diabetes. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Future studies with larger sample sizes are needed to investigate how FADS genetic variations interact with desaturase activities or PUFAs in the metabolism of lipoproteins in diabetic patients. ..
- Lee Y, Lin K, Cheng C, Li C, Yang C, Tsai M, et al. Evolution of hepatitis A virus seroprevalence among HIV-positive adults in Taiwan. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186338 pubmed publisher..The study aimed to describe the seroprevalence of hepatitis A virus (HAV) in HIV-positive adult patients in Taiwan between 2012 and 2016 and to examine the evolution of HAV seroprevalence between 2004-2007 and 2012-2016...
- Chow H, Mowen A, Wu G. Who Is Using Outdoor Fitness Equipment and How? The Case of Xihu Park. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Further investigations of OFE are encouraged to determine their health impact. ..
- Chen H, Weng S, Cheng Y, Lord A, Lin H, Pan W. The application of traffic-light food labelling in a worksite canteen intervention in Taiwan. Public Health. 2017;150:17-25 pubmed publisher..This first report of a TFL intervention in an Asian worksite suggests that TFL is acceptable and well understood by this population and may assist customers in choosing healthier items when healthier choices are available. ..
- Liu P, Kang B, Wu Y, Sun J, Yen L, Fu T, et al. Vimentin is a potential prognostic factor for tongue squamous cell carcinoma among five epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related proteins. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178581 pubmed publisher..Snail, E-cadherin, N-cadherin, and Vimentin were associated with tumorigenesis and pathological outcomes. Among the five EMT-related proteins, Vimentin was a potential prognostic factor for TSCC patients. ..
- Chao C, Lai C, Cheng A, Chiang S, Liu W, Ho C, et al. Establishing failure predictors for the planned extubation of overweight and obese patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183360 pubmed publisher..90-0.97) were associated with extubation failure. We conclude that the extubation failure risk in overweight and obese patients was associated with cardiovascular system-related respiratory failure, ESRD, and low MIP levels. ..
- Chao W, Chuang P, Wu D, Wu C, Liu P, Shieh C, et al. Using genotyping to delineate tuberculosis transmission in long-term care facilities: single facility 4-year experience. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:421 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, possible routes of TB transmission in a complex TB outbreak at LTCFs might be delineated by routine genotyping surveillance and regular health check-up. ..
- Yu S, Kuo J, Shiue Y, Yu Z, Ho C, Wu C, et al. One-Year Mortality of Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease After Spinal Cord Injury: A 14-Year Population-Based Study. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:462-469 pubmed publisher..Therefore, patients with CKD should have carefully monitoring for the development of 1-year mortality after SCI, especially for ESRD. ..
- Lin W, Chen C, Chao L, Chao J, Lin Y. Plasma kallistatin in critically ill patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178387 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that during severe sepsis and septic shock, a decrease in plasma concentrations of kallistatin reflects increased severity and poorer outcome of disease. ..
- Iwashita Y, Hibi T, Ohyama T, Honda G, Yoshida M, Miura F, et al. An opportunity in difficulty: Japan-Korea-Taiwan expert Delphi consensus on surgical difficulty during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017;24:191-198 pubmed publisher..The median point for each item was set as the difficulty score. A Delphi consensus was reached among expert LC surgeons on the impact of intraoperative findings on surgical difficulty. ..
- Chang Y, Chen P, Hung J, Chen H, Lai C, Ou C, et al. Orbital complications of paranasal sinusitis in Taiwan, 1988 through 2015: Acute ophthalmological manifestations, diagnosis, and management. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184477 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to investigate the staging, acute ophthalmological manifestations, diagnosis, management, and outcomes of orbital complications of paranasal sinusitis during a 27-year period...
- Huang C, Lee Y, Li P, Liliang P, Lu K, Wang K, et al. TDP-43 proteolysis is associated with astrocyte reactivity after traumatic brain injury in rodents. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;313:61-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that TDP-43 proteolysis in astrocytes is related to astrogliosis and subsequent neuronal loss in TBI, and that TDP-43 may be an important therapeutic target for preventing motor dysfunction after TBI. ..
- Hsu C, Roan J, Wang J, Huang C, Shih C, Chen J, et al. Hemodynamic, biological, and right ventricular functional changes following intraatrial shunt repair in patients with flow-induced pulmonary hypertension. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017;12:533-539 pubmed publisher..Closure of defects may serve as a valid, reliable model to obtain a deeper understanding of the modulation of endothelial progenitor cell activity and its relationship with pulmonary hypertension prognosis. ..
- Miller S, Hu S, Leishman E, Morgan D, Wager Miller J, Mackie K, et al. A GPR119 Signaling System in the Murine Eye Regulates Intraocular Pressure in a Sex-Dependent Manner. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2930-2938 pubmed publisher..In summary, we offer evidence for a GPR119-based signaling system in the mammalian eye, with receptors, ligands, and function in the form of a reduction in IOP. Notably this reduction in pressure is restricted to female mice. ..
- Cheng C, Chen C, Kuo C, Kuo H, Huang K, Shen Y, et al. Dietary choline and folate relationships with serum hepatic inflammatory injury markers in Taiwanese adults. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:642-649 pubmed publisher..018). The newly established relationships of dietary intake of total choline and folate with normalized hepatic inflammatory markers can guide the development of dietary choline and folate intake recommendations for Taiwanese adults. ..
- Lee C, Hsieh C, Hong M, Hung Y, Ko W, Lee C. Comparing the therapeutic efficacies of third-generation cephalosporins and broader-spectrum ?-lactams as appropriate empirical therapy in adults with community-onset monomicrobial Enterobacteriaceae bacteraemia: a propensity score matched analysis. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2017;49:617-623 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the efficacy of 3GCs is similar to that of 4GCs or carbapenems when used as empirical antimicrobial therapy for community-onset Enterobacteriaceae bacteraemia. ..