Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Tainan, Taiwan
Locale: Tainan, Taiwan
Publications514 found, 100 shown here
- Liu C, Yeh J, Liou S, Wu B, Chen I. Phosphodiesterase inhibitor KMUP-3 displays cardioprotection via protein kinase G and increases cardiac output via G-protein-coupled receptor agonist activity and Ca(2+) sensitization. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2016;32:55-67 pubmed publisher..GPCR agonist activity of KMUP-3 appeared opposed to KMUP-1, and increased cardiac output via Ca(2+) sensitization, and displayed cardioprotection via cyclic GMP/PKG-mediated myocardial preconditioning in animal studies. ..
- Peng C, You B, Lee C, Wu Y, Lin W, Lu T, et al. The Roles of 4?-Hydroxywithanolide E from Physalis peruviana on the Nrf2-Anti-Oxidant System and the Cell Cycle in Breast Cancer Cells. Am J Chin Med. 2016;44:617-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 4[Formula: see text]-hydroxywithanolide E was demonstrated to significantly reduce the sizes of the tumor nodules in the human breast cancer MDA-MB231 xenograft tumor model. ..
- Jheng G, Hur S, Chang C, Wu C, Cheng J, Lee H, et al. Lis1 dysfunction leads to traction force reduction and cytoskeletal disorganization during cell migration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:869-875 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Lis1 is important for cellular traction force generation through the regulation of cytoskeleton organization and focal adhesion formation in migrating cells. ..
- Chen H, Tso D, Yeh W, Cheng H, Wu T. The thymidylate synthase gene of Hz-1 virus: a gene captured from its lepidopteran host. Insect Mol Biol. 2001;10:495-503 pubmed..Results of both sequence divergences and phylogenetic analysis suggested that TS genes in insect viruses, Hz-1, CIV, and MsEPV may have a different history or originated from different capture events...
- Liao Y, Liang W, Chen F, Hsu J, Yang J, Chang M. IL-19 induces production of IL-6 and TNF-alpha and results in cell apoptosis through TNF-alpha. J Immunol. 2002;169:4288-97 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that mouse IL-19 may play some important roles in inflammatory responses because it up-regulates IL-6 and TNF-alpha and induces apoptosis. ..
- Liu M, Cheng Y, Chen C, Yang B. Coexposure of lead- and lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in rats: involvement of nitric oxide-initiated oxidative stress and TNF-alpha. Shock. 2005;23:360-4 pubmed..Thus, Pb increased LPS-induced liver damage, which might be associated with increased NO-initiated oxidative stress and TNF-alpha in rats. ..
- Ou L, Gean P. Regulation of amygdala-dependent learning by brain-derived neurotrophic factor is mediated by extracellular signal-regulated kinase and phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:287-96 pubmed..Shc binding to TrkB leads to activation of Ras, Raf, and MEK. In addition, BDNF could induce phosphorylation of MAPK via activation of PI-3 kinase. ..
- Chen S, Chang F, Niu K, Lin M, Lin M. Resuscitation from experimental heatstroke by estrogen therapy. Crit Care Med. 2006;34:1113-8 pubmed..We successfully demonstrated that estrogen replacement may improve survival during heatstroke by ameliorating inflammatory responses and cardiovascular dysfunction. ..
- Wang H, Huang W, Lai M, Su I. Hepatitis B virus pre-S mutants, endoplasmic reticulum stress and hepatocarcinogenesis. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:683-8 pubmed..In summary, the findings we describe in this review suggest a potential role for HBV pre-S mutants in HBV-related hepatocarcinogenesis, providing a model of viral carcinogenesis associated with ER stress. ..
- Lee E, Chen H, Hung Y, Chen T, Lee M, Yu S, et al. Therapeutic window for cinnamophilin following oxygen-glucose deprivation and transient focal cerebral ischemia. Exp Neurol. 2009;217:74-83 pubmed publisher..Together, CINN protects against ischemic brain damage with a therapeutic window up to 6 h in vivo and in vitro, which may, at least in part, be attributed by its direct antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Liu C, Ho W, Leu K, Tsai H, Yang T. Effects of S-adenosylhomocysteine and homocysteine on DNA damage and cell cytotoxicity in murine hepatic and microglia cell lines. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2009;23:349-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, higher Hcy could induce cellular DNA damage through increased lipid peroxidation and DNA hypomethylation. We suggest that SAH is a better marker of cell damage than Hcy in hepatic and microglia cells. ..
- Huang W, Tsai C, Chen C, Chen T, Chen Y, Lin Y, et al. Glucosylceramide synthase inhibitor PDMP sensitizes chronic myeloid leukemia T315I mutant to Bcr-Abl inhibitor and cooperatively induces glycogen synthase kinase-3-regulated apoptosis. FASEB J. 2011;25:3661-73 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a feasible novel anti-CML strategy by accumulating endogenous ceramide to reactivate GSK-3 and abrogate drug resistance. ..
- Chen Y, Chiu W, Chen Y, Lin P, Huang H, Chou C, et al. Calcium store sensor stromal-interaction molecule 1-dependent signaling plays an important role in cervical cancer growth, migration, and angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15225-30 pubmed publisher..These results make STIM1-dependent signaling an attractive target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Hsiao Y, Kuo J, Chen S, Gean P. Amelioration of social isolation-triggered onset of early Alzheimer's disease-related cognitive deficit by N-acetylcysteine in a transgenic mouse model. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;45:1111-20 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that NAC is effective in mouse models of AD and has translation potential for the human disorder. ..
- Chang C, Chio C, Cheong C, Chao C, Cheng B, Lin M. Hypoxic preconditioning enhances the therapeutic potential of the secretome from cultured human mesenchymal stem cells in experimental traumatic brain injury. Clin Sci (Lond). 2013;124:165-76 pubmed publisher..Hypoxic preconditioning enhances the secretion of these bioactive factors from the MSCs and the therapeutic potential of the cultured MSC secretome in experimental TBI. ..
- Chang L, Huang H, Wu P, Jou I, Pan M, Chang W, et al. Role of macrophage CCAAT/enhancer binding protein delta in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis in collagen-induced arthritic mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45378 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that CEBPD and its downstream effectors could be biomarkers for the diagnosis of RA and potentially serve as therapeutic targets for RA therapy. ..
- Chiang T, Chen I, Lin H, Chang W, Ju Y. Complete mitochondrial genome of Sicyopterus japonicus (Perciformes, Gobiidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:191-3 pubmed publisher..CR, of 843 bp in length, is located between tRNA(Pro) and tRNA(Phe). The overall base composition of the heavy strand shows T 26.1%, C 28.7%, A 28.3%, and G 16.91%, with a slight AT bias of 54.4%. ..
- Yang K, Chang W, Hong M, Hung K, Chuang C. Prevention of TGF-?-induced early liver fibrosis by a maleic acid derivative anti-oxidant through suppression of ROS, inflammation and hepatic stellate cells activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174008 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the maleic acid derivative prevents liver fibrosis at an early phase both in vitro and in vivo through the inhibition of ROS, inflammation and the activation of HSC. ..
- Chen H, Hsu C, Hsu H, Lu T, Wang S, Yang R. Heat shock pretreatment influences the expression of PKC isoforms during sepsis. J Surg Res. 2001;101:202-9 pubmed..We suggest that heat shock response may participate in maintenance of PKC expression and contribute to decrease the severity of systemic infection. ..
- Pan H, Tsai S, Chen C, Lee Y, Lin Y, Kuo P. Expression of DAZL protein in the human corpus luteum. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:540-5 pubmed..Immunohistochemical staining showed DAZL protein in the cytoplasm of granulosa-luteal cells. The distinct expression pattern of DAZL protein in the human CL may play an important role in the regulation of luteal function. ..
- Cheng H, Guo Y, Shin J. Hematological effects of Blastocystis hominis infection in male foreign workers in Taiwan. Parasitol Res. 2003;90:48-51 pubmed..This was mainly caused by a reduced neutrophil count (3.2+/-0.4 vs 4.2+/-0.2 X 10(3)/microl). Hemoglobin (13.9+/-0.3 vs 14.5+/-0.1 g/dl) and hematocrit (41.4+/-0.6 vs 42.9+/-0.2%) were also reduced in B. hominis-positive workers...
- Huang C, Huang C, Wu S. The opening effect of pregabalin on ATP-sensitive potassium channels in differentiated hippocampal neuron-derived H19-7 cells. Epilepsia. 2006;47:720-6 pubmed..04 to 5.62 +/- 0.04 ms). This study suggests that in differentiated hippocampal neuron-derived H19-7 cells, the opening effect on KATP channels could be one of the underlying mechanisms of PGB in the reduction of neuronal excitability. ..
- Chen H, Chen T, Lee M, Chen S, Hsu Y, Kuo Y, et al. Melatonin decreases neurovascular oxidative/nitrosative damage and protects against early increases in the blood-brain barrier permeability after transient focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Pineal Res. 2006;41:175-82 pubmed..The findings further highlight the ability of melatonin in anatomical and functional preservation for the ischemic neurovascular units and its relevant potential in the treatment of ischemic stroke. ..
- Mao S, Hsiao Y, Gean P. Extinction training in conjunction with a partial agonist of the glycine site on the NMDA receptor erases memory trace. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8892-9 pubmed..DCS-induced augmentation of extinction and reversal of GluR1 surface expression are likely mediated by DCS-facilitated endocytosis of AMPA receptors. ..
- Lu T, Lai W, Huang C, Hsieh W, Yu J, Hsieh Y, et al. Inhibition of cell migration by autophosphorylated mammalian sterile 20-like kinase 3 (MST3) involves paxillin and protein-tyrosine phosphatase-PEST. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38405-17 pubmed..We conclude that MST3 inhibits cell migration in a fashion dependent on autophosphorylation and may regulate paxillin phosphorylation through tyrosine phosphatase PTP-PEST. ..
- Ke J, Chen H, Jen C, Kuo Y, Cherng C, Tsai Y, et al. Mutual enhancement of central neurotoxicity induced by ketamine followed by methamphetamine. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;227:239-47 pubmed
- Lee C, Wu C, Shiau A. Toll-like receptor 4 mediates an antitumor host response induced by Salmonella choleraesuis. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:1905-12 pubmed publisher..choleraesuis seemed to polarize the T-cell response to a T helper 1-dominant state. These results suggest TLR4 may play an important role in the molecular mechanism of S. choleraesuis-induced host antitumor responses. ..
- Wu C, Chang Y, Yu L, Chen H, Jen C, Wu S, et al. Exercise enhances the proliferation of neural stem cells and neurite growth and survival of neuronal progenitor cells in dentate gyrus of middle-aged mice. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;105:1585-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, mandatory running exercise alters the brain chemistries of middle-aged animals toward an environment that is favorable to NSC proliferation, survival, and maturation. ..
- Chan C, Lee S, Li C, Wang J, Yang W, Wu C, et al. Deciphering the transcriptional complex critical for RhoA gene expression and cancer metastasis. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:457-67 pubmed publisher..Our study provides insight into how oncogenic Skp2 and Myc coordinate to induce RhoA transcription and establishes a novel SCF-Skp2 E3-ligase-independent function for oncogenic Skp2 in transcription and cancer metastasis. ..
- Sun Y, Lin T, Tzeng S, Delpire E, Shen M. Deficiency of electroneutral K+-Cl- cotransporter 3 causes a disruption in impulse propagation along peripheral nerves. Glia. 2010;58:1544-52 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate that the K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter activity of KCC3 contributes to the propagation of action potentials along peripheral nerves. ..
- Lin Y, Lin Y, Kuo Y, Wang Y, Kuo P. Identification and characterization of a novel Rab GTPase-activating protein in spermatids. Int J Androl. 2011;34:e358-67 pubmed publisher..Our finding strongly suggests that MgcRabGAP is involved in acrosome/acroplaxome formation and cytoskeletal reorganization via Rab activity during mammalian spermiogenesis...
- Yeh Y, Wu C, Wang Y, Tang M. DDR1 triggers epithelial cell differentiation by promoting cell adhesion through stabilization of E-cadherin. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:940-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that DDR1 promotes cell-cell adhesion and differentiation through stabilization of E-cadherin, which is mediated by Cdc42 inactivation. ..
- Cheng J, Chen I, Yu B, Tong Y. Loperamide-induced rat prostate relaxation through activation of peripheral µ-opioid receptors. Neurourol Urodyn. 2011;30:468-71 pubmed publisher..MOR and Kir6.2 are expressed in the rat prostate and loperamide induces rat prostate relaxation through activation of peripheral MOR. K(ATP) channels are involved in mediating the effect of loperamide on the relaxation of prostate. ..
- Yao H, Ling P, Chen S, Tung Y, Chen S. Factors affecting herpes simplex virus reactivation from the explanted mouse brain. Virology. 2012;433:116-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, both viral neurovirulence and host susceptibility positively correlate with HSV-1 reactivation from the explanted mouse brain. ..
- Huang C, Lai M, Cheng J, Tsai J, Huang C, Wu S. Pregabalin attenuates excitotoxicity in diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65154 pubmed publisher..These findings might help develop a clinical algorithm for treating patients with epilepsy and comorbid metabolic disorders. ..
- Hsu D, Chen Y, Chu P, Periasamy S, Liu M. Protective effect of 3,4-methylenedioxyphenol (sesamol) on stress-related mucosal disease in rats. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:481827 pubmed publisher..Sesamol did not affect myeloperoxidase but decreased CD68 levels in mucosa in WIR-treated rats. Sesamol may protect against SRMD by inhibiting gastric mucosal proinflammatory cytokines in rats. ..
- Qiu F, Li H, Lin H, Ding S, Miyamoto M. Phylogeography of the inshore fish, Bostrychus sinensis, along the Pacific coastline of China. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;96:112-117 pubmed publisher..Specifically, it corroborates the importance of Pleistocene sea-level changes in the Taiwan Strait to the phylogeography of Chinese inshore species. ..
- Wu Y, Lee J, Tsai B, Liu Y, Chen C, Tien N, et al. Potentially hypervirulent Clostridium difficile PCR ribotype 078 lineage isolates in pigs and possible implications for humans in Taiwan. Int J Med Microbiol. 2016;306:115-22 pubmed publisher..The closely related ribotype 127 from patients and pigs may have had a common origin or low diversity. In conclusion, C. difficile ribotype 127 is a noteworthy pathogen in pigs and poses a potential public health threat. ..
- Chen S, Wu F. Mechanism underlying inhibition of the capsaicin receptor-mediated current by pregnenolone sulfate in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. Brain Res. 2004;1027:196-200 pubmed..The inhibitory action of PS on the capsaicin-induced current may provide a basis for reducing capsaicin receptor-mediated nociception. ..
- Chang W, Tsai J, Chen B, Fu T. Cloning, expression, purification, and characterization of zebrafish cytosolic serine hydroxymethyltransferase. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;46:212-20 pubmed..Kinetic constants for the natural substrates l-serine and tetrahydrofolate are also comparable to the values obtained previously for the rabbit and human cytosolic enzyme. ..
- Lin C, Kuo S, Huang L, Gean P. Neuroprotective effect of N-acetylcysteine on neuronal apoptosis induced by a synthetic gingerdione compound: involvement of ERK and p38 phosphorylation. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:1485-94 pubmed..These results show that NAC serially activates ERKs and p38 MAPK, and ERKs and p38 work together to mediate the neuroprotective effect of NAC. ..
- Lin R, Hsieh Y, Lin P, Hsu H, Chen C, Tang Y, et al. The tobacco-specific carcinogen NNK induces DNA methyltransferase 1 accumulation and tumor suppressor gene hypermethylation in mice and lung cancer patients. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:521-32 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this mechanism may also be involved in other smoking-related human diseases. ..
- Cheng F, Su C, Wu P, Yeh C. Multifunctional polymeric nanoparticles for combined chemotherapeutic and near-infrared photothermal cancer therapy in vitro and in vivo. Chem Commun (Camb). 2010;46:3167-9 pubmed publisher..Multifunctional Taxol-loaded PLGA nanoparticles show chemotherapeutic and photothermal destruction of cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Hwang J, Chang L, Lin Y, Shui H, Chen J. Effects of fungal statins on high-glucose-induced mouse mesangial cell hypocontractility may involve filamentous actin, t-complex polypeptide 1 subunit beta, and glucose regulated protein 78. Transl Res. 2010;156:80-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Sim and Lov both seem to reverse mesangial cell hypocontractility. The process of Sim reversal of mesangial cell hypocontractility may involve F-actin, TCP-1beta, and GRP78. ..
- Liu K, Lee Y, Yang Y, Shih N, Ho C, Wu Y, et al. Modulation of the development of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells by lithium chloride. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:424-33 pubmed publisher..The combined influence of these molecular signaling pathways may account for certain clinical effect of lithium...
- Chio C, Lin J, Chang M, Wang C, Kuo J, Yang C, et al. Therapeutic evaluation of etanercept in a model of traumatic brain injury. J Neurochem. 2010;115:921-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that etanercept may improve outcomes of TBI by penetrating into the cerebrospinal fluid in rats. ..
- Cheng L, Chang C, Lin C, Cho K, Yen W, Chang N, et al. Spatiotemporal focusing-based widefield multiphoton microscopy for fast optical sectioning. Opt Express. 2012;20:8939-48 pubmed publisher..5 Î¼m and an axial resolution of approximately 3.5 Î¼m. Furthermore, second harmonic images of chicken tendons demonstrate that the developed widefield multiphoton microscope can provide high resolution z-sectioning for bioimaging. ..
- Kuo H, Wang T, Hsu H, Lee S, Chen Y, Tsai T, et al. An automated microfluidic chip system for detection of piscine nodavirus and characterization of its potential carrier in grouper farms. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42203 pubmed publisher..In the future, we believe that this approach will improve fish farm management and aid in reducing the economic loss experienced by fish farmers due to widespread disease outbreaks. ..
- Chen Y, Chen Z, Wang H. Enhanced fluorescence detection using liquid-liquid extraction in a microfluidic droplet system. Lab Chip. 2012;12:4569-75 pubmed publisher..The proposed method successfully demonstrates the enhancement of fluorescence detection of cellular lipids and has great potential in improving other fluorescence-based detections in microfluidic systems. ..
- Lee M, Liu M, Cheng A, Tsai M, Ho C, Liou W, et al. Pterostilbene inhibits dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver fibrosis in rats. Food Chem. 2013;138:802-7 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that pterostilbene exhibited hepatoprotective effects on experimental fibrosis, potentially by inhibiting the TGF-?1/Smad signaling. ..
- Lin H, Chang S. PCR-based isolation of microsatellite arrays (PIMA). Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1006:25-55 pubmed publisher..Since no protocol is universal and perfect for every species, it is recommended that modification should be made according to the objective of the experiments. Existing examples serve as good sources of future works. ..
- Mao S, Chang C, Wu C, Orejarena M, Orejanera M, Manzoni O, et al. Inhibition of spontaneous recovery of fear by mGluR5 after prolonged extinction training. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59580 pubmed publisher..This effect may involve the degradation of original memory and may explain the beneficial effects of prolonged exposure therapy for the treatment of phobias. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Lin B, Chio C, Hu C, Kuo J. The neuronal protective effects of local brain cooling at the craniectomy site after lateral fluid percussion injury in a rat model. J Surg Res. 2013;185:753-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that the use of local cooling at the craniectomy site after FPI might have clinical benefits in the future. ..
- Lin M, Lin S. Decentralization of superior cervical ganglia attenuates heat stroke formation in rabbits. Chin J Physiol. 1990;33:247-53 pubmed..The data suggest that decentralization of the superior cervical ganglia attenuates formation or development of heat stroke by promoting an increase in cerebral blood flow in rabbits...
- Chuang L, Guh J, Liu S, Hung M, Liao T, Chiang T, et al. Regulation of type II transforming-growth-factor-beta receptors by protein kinase C iota. Biochem J. 2003;375:385-93 pubmed..In addition, antisense PKC iota expression plasmid effectively suppressed up-regulation of TbetaRII and fibronectin in hyperglycaemic distal-tubule cells. ..
- Kuo P, Damu A, Lee K, Wu T. Cytotoxic and antimalarial constituents from the roots of Eurycoma longifolia. Bioorg Med Chem. 2004;12:537-44 pubmed..The thorough studies on the stereochemistry of the different quassinoid diterpenoids provide a clear reference to the scientists who are interested on this field...
- Hong J, Lin G, Lin C, Wang W, Lee C, Lin T, et al. Phosphatidylserine receptor is required for the engulfment of dead apoptotic cells and for normal embryonic development in zebrafish. Development. 2004;131:5417-27 pubmed
- Lin C, Chiu S, Hsiao Y, Wan S, Lei H, Shiau A, et al. Expression of cytokine, chemokine, and adhesion molecules during endothelial cell activation induced by antibodies against dengue virus nonstructural protein 1. J Immunol. 2005;174:395-403 pubmed..These results suggest the involvement of anti-DV NS1 Abs in the vasculopathy of DV infection...
- Ou M, Chen Y, Jeng M, Chu C, Yang H, Chen T. Identification of critical residues in nervous necrosis virus B2 for dsRNA-binding and RNAi-inhibiting activity through by bioinformatic analysis and mutagenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:634-40 pubmed..This study may serve as an example where bioinformatic analysis of related viral genomes may lead to meaningful structural and functional clues for certain viral proteins. ..
- Hsu K, Wu C, Huang S, Hsieh J, Huang Y, Chen Y, et al. Conditionally replicating E1B-deleted adenovirus driven by the squamous cell carcinoma antigen 2 promoter for uterine cervical cancer therapy. Cancer Gene Ther. 2008;15:526-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ad-KFH may provide a new strategy of gene therapy for advanced or recurrent uterine cervical cancer. ..
- Liang C, Wang G, Liaw C, Lee M, Wang S, Cheng D, et al. Extracts from Cladiella australis, Clavularia viridis and Klyxum simplex (soft corals) are capable of inhibiting the growth of human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Mar Drugs. 2008;6:595-606 pubmed publisher..Thereby, it is possible that extracts of C. australis, C. viridis and K. simplex cause apoptosis of SCCs and warrant further research investigating the possible anti-oral cancer compounds in these soft corals. ..
- Chen K, Chang C, Huang C, Lin C, Lin W, Lo Y, et al. TBK1-associated protein in endolysosomes (TAPE)/CC2D1A is a key regulator linking RIG-I-like receptors to antiviral immunity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32216-21 pubmed publisher..During RNA virus infection, TAPE knockdown or deficiency diminishes cytokine production and antiviral responses. Our data demonstrate a critical role for TAPE in linking RLRs to antiviral immunity. ..
- Liao Y, Leu Y, Chan Y, Kuo P, Wu T. Anti-platelet aggregation and vasorelaxing effects of the constituents of the rhizomes of Zingiber officinale. Molecules. 2012;17:8928-37 pubmed publisher..According to the results in the present research, the bioactivity of ginger could be related to the anti-platelet aggregation and vasorelaxing mechanism. ..
- Weng T, Chiu W, Liu H, Cheng H, Shen M, Mount D, et al. Glycosylation regulates the function and membrane localization of KCC4. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:1133-46 pubmed publisher..The difference in glycan complexity may account for the differential impact of each branch on the biological effects of KCC4. We propose that glycosylation is essential for the surface expression, stabilization, and bioactivity of KCC4. ..
- Lo Y, Liu Y, Tsai J. Overcoming multidrug resistance using liposomal epirubicin and antisense oligonucleotides targeting pump and nonpump resistances in vitro and in vivo. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:261-7 pubmed publisher..This approach provides a potential strategy to overcome MDR in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Wu S, Cheng Y, Liu H, Wang H, Huang H. Global transcriptional expression in ovarian follicles from Tsaiya ducks (Anas platyrhynchos) with a high-fertilization rate. Theriogenology. 2016;85:1439-1445.e1 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the usefulness of the array technique and data mining methods in the discovery of new biomarkers and add knowledge to our understanding of the factors affecting fertilization rates in ovarian follicles. ..
- Kuo T, Chen T, Jiang S, Chen K, Chiang Y, Hsu Y, et al. Protein disulfide isomerase a4 acts as a novel regulator of cancer growth through the procaspase pathway. Oncogene. 2017;36:5484-5496 pubmed publisher..These findings characterize PDIA4 as a negative regulator of cancer cell apoptosis and suggest that PDIA4 is a potential therapeutic target for cancer. ..
- Hsing C, Chiu C, Chang L, Hsu C, Chang M. IL-19 is involved in the pathogenesis of endotoxic shock. Shock. 2008;29:7-15 pubmed..These results suggest that up-regulated IL-19 may be involved in lung and liver tissue injury in murine endotoxic shock. ..
- Teng Y, Lin Y, Lin Y, Tsao S, Hsu C, Lin S, et al. Association of a single-nucleotide polymorphism of the deleted-in-azoospermia-like gene with susceptibility to spermatogenic failure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:5258-64 pubmed..A combination of DAZ gene deletion and T54A polymorphism did not worsen the phenotype. Our findings provide strong evidence for the role of the autosomal DAZL gene in human spermatogenesis. ..
- Leu T, Maa M. Functional implication of the interaction between EGF receptor and c-Src. Front Biosci. 2003;8:s28-38 pubmed
- Chen C, Lee C, Liu Y, Wang J, Lei H, Yu C. House dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae augments proinflammatory mediator productions and accessory function of alveolar macrophages: implications for allergic sensitization and inflammation. J Immunol. 2003;170:528-36 pubmed..We conclude that AMs are sensitive targets for Der f and that the Der f-induced proinflammatory responses may represent an important mechanism in mediating the development of allergic sensitization and inflammation...
- Chen P, Wu J, Her G, Hong J. Aquatic birnavirus induces necrotic cell death via the mitochondria-mediated caspase pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:344-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this death-signaling pathway is disrupted by bongkrekic acid in fish cells, indicating that this drug may serve to modulate IPNV-induced pathogenesis...
- Lee C, Wu C, Shiau A. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling promotes tumor growth. J Immunother. 2010;33:73-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this signaling cascade may represent a therapeutic target in cancer. ..
- Chang C, Chiu J, Chen S, Huang H, Chiu H, Lin B, et al. Activation of HGF/c-Met signaling by ultrafine carbon particles and its contribution to alveolar type II cell proliferation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;302:L755-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, the activation of HGF/c-Met signaling is a major pathway involved in ufCB-induced type II cell proliferation. ..
- Wu C, Fang C, Hsu H, Chuang H, Cheng Y, Chen Y, et al. EBV reactivation as a target of luteolin to repress NPC tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18999-9017 pubmed publisher..Tumorigenicity in mice, induced by EBV reactivation, was decreased profoundly following luteolin administration. Together, these results suggest that inhibition of EBV reactivation is a novel approach to prevent the relapse of NPC. ..
- Pecl G, Araujo M, Bell J, Blanchard J, Bonebrake T, Chen I, et al. Biodiversity redistribution under climate change: Impacts on ecosystems and human well-being. Science. 2017;355: pubmed publisher..Consideration of these effects of biodiversity redistribution is critical yet lacking in most mitigation and adaptation strategies, including the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals. ..
- Wu S, Liu S, Huang M. Cilostazol, an inhibitor of type 3 phosphodiesterase, stimulates large-conductance, calcium-activated potassium channels in pituitary GH3 cells and pheochromocytoma PC12 cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1175-84 pubmed..The channel-stimulating properties of cilostazol may, at least in part, contribute to the underlying mechanisms by which it affects neuroendocrine function. ..
- Lin C, Yen M, Lin C, Huang S, Yang H, Chow N, et al. Delivery of noncarrier naked DNA vaccine into the skin by supersonic flow induces a polarized T helper type 1 immune response to cancer. J Gene Med. 2008;10:679-89 pubmed publisher..A shift in the immune response to favour enhanced tumor rejection can be achieved by skin delivery of naked DNA vaccine. ..
- Huang S, Chang C, Wang P, Tsai Y, Liu H. Enterovirus 71-induced autophagy detected in vitro and in vivo promotes viral replication. J Med Virol. 2009;81:1241-52 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of autophagy induced by EV71 in vitro and the formation of autophagosome-like vesicle in vivo provide new insights into the pathogenesis of EV71 infection. ..
- Liu W, Chen C, Foo N, Huang H, Wang J, Chen S, et al. Human umbilical cord blood cells protect against hypothalamic apoptosis and systemic inflammation response during heatstroke in rats. Pediatr neonatol. 2009;50:208-16 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HUCBC transplantation may prevent the occurrence of heatstroke by reducing hypothalamic neuronal damage and the systemic inflammatory responses. ..
- Chu P, Chien S, Hsu D, Liu M. Protective effect of sesamol on the pulmonary inflammatory response and lung injury in endotoxemic rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:1821-6 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that sesamol attenuates systemic LPS-induced lung inflammation by inhibiting the alveolar macrophage inflammatory response in rats. ..
- Chou T, Ding H, Lin R, Liang J, Liang C. Inhibition of melanogenesis and oxidation by protocatechuic acid from Origanum vulgare (oregano). J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1767-74 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 1 may act as an effective quencher of oxidative attackers with antimelanogenesis properties...
- Li Y, Chung H, Luo C, Chao T, Shyu K, Shi G, et al. Thrombomodulin is upregulated in cardiomyocytes during cardiac hypertrophy and prevents the progression of contractile dysfunction. J Card Fail. 2010;16:980-90 pubmed publisher..Continuous TM supply after TAC prevented the progression of LV contractile dysfunction in mice. TM treatment decreased cardiomyocyte apoptosis and maintained LV contractile function in response to pressure overload. ..
- Chen S, Yeh K, Huang Y, Shaw F. Effect of intracranial administration of ethosuximide in rats with spontaneous or pentylenetetrazol-induced spike-wave discharges. Epilepsia. 2011;52:1311-8 pubmed publisher..Intrathalamic infusion of ESM only delayed SWD onset. These findings suggest that the LSC may be essential for the occurrence of SWDs. Our data support the cortical focus theory for the generation of absence seizures. ..