Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taichung, Taiwan
Locale: Taichung, Taiwan
Publications428 found, 100 shown here
- Wu C, Yang M, Chan K, Chung P, Ou T, Wang C. Improvement in high-fat diet-induced obesity and body fat accumulation by a Nelumbo nucifera leaf flavonoid-rich extract in mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:7075-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrated that NLFE targets lipid-regulated enzymes and may be effective in attenuating body lipid accumulation and preventing obesity...
- Wu C, Huang S, Yen G. Silymarin: a novel antioxidant with antiglycation and antiinflammatory properties in vitro and in vivo. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:353-66 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that SM supplementation may reduce the burden of AGEs in diabetics and may prevent resulting complications. ..
- Lin W, Liang W, Lee Y, Chuang S, Tseng T. Antitumor progression potential of caffeic acid phenethyl ester involving p75(NTR) in C6 glioma cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;188:607-15 pubmed publisher..In addition, histological examination of the mouse lung sections showed that the CAPE-treated group inhibited the metastasis of C6 glioma cells. These data suggest CAPE possesses antitumor progression potential. ..
- Tseng Y, Chiang M, Huang T, Su K, Lane H, Lai Y. A selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, citalopram, inhibits collagen-induced platelet aggregation and activation. Thromb Res. 2010;126:517-23 pubmed publisher..These findings might specify the mechanisms of inhibitory effects of citalopram on collagen mediated platelet activation and aggregation, and further support the cardioprotective effect of SSRIs. ..
- Wu J, Wu Y, Shien J, Hsu Y, Chen C, Shieh H, et al. Recombinant proteins containing the hypervariable region of the haemagglutinin protect chickens against challenge with Avibacterium paragallinarum. Vaccine. 2011;29:660-7 pubmed publisher..paragallinarum of the homologous serovar. These results suggest that recombinant proteins containing the hypervariable region may be useful antigens for use in the development of a vaccine against A. paragallinarum. ..
- Lin J, Yang J, Lin J, Lai K, Lu H, Ma C, et al. Rutin inhibits human leukemia tumor growth in a murine xenograft model in vivo. Environ Toxicol. 2012;27:480-4 pubmed publisher..These novel findings indicate that rutin inhibits tumor growth in a xenograft animal model. Rutin may be useful in treating leukemia but certainly much more research is needed. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Environ Toxicol, 2012. ..
- Dung T, Chang H, Chen C, Peng W, Tsai C, Tsai F, et al. Zanthoxylum avicennae extracts induce cell apoptosis through protein phosphatase 2A activation in HA22T human hepatocellular carcinoma cells and block tumor growth in xenografted nude mice. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:927-36 pubmed publisher..All our experimental evidence indicates that YBBEs significantly promote HA22T apoptosis and reduce tumor sizes in xenograft nude mice via PP2A in a dose-dependent manner...
- Chang C, Tzeng T, Chang Y, Liu I. Beneficial impact of Zingiber zerumbet on insulin sensitivity in fructose-fed rats. Planta Med. 2012;78:317-25 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that EEZZ may be an ethnomedicine for improving insulin sensitivity. ..
- Yao M, Chang S, Lee C, Lu K. A SCAR-based method for rapid identification of four major lepidopterous stored-product pests. J Econ Entomol. 2012;105:1100-6 pubmed..In summary, the SCAR-PCR method we developed represents a rapid, sensitive and accurate technique for identifying insect species of stored products in plant quarantine operation. ..
- Lai C, Ou Y, Chang C, Pan H, Chang C, Liao S, et al. Endothelial Japanese encephalitis virus infection enhances migration and adhesion of leukocytes to brain microvascular endothelia via MEK-dependent expression of ICAM1 and the CINC and RANTES chemokines. J Neurochem. 2012;123:250-61 pubmed publisher
- Hung G, Li P, Lee H, Chang H, Chien C, Lee K. Green tea extract supplementation ameliorates CCl4-induced hepatic oxidative stress, fibrosis, and acute-phase protein expression in rat. J Formos Med Assoc. 2012;111:550-9 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the long-term effects of green tea extract (GTE) supplementation on oxidative stress, biliary acute phase protein expression, and liver function in CCl(4)-induced chronic liver injury...
- Yin S, Jian F, Chen Y, Chien S, Hsieh M, Hsiao P, et al. Induction of IL-25 secretion from tumour-associated fibroblasts suppresses mammary tumour metastasis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11311 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings reveal that the release of IL-25 from TAFs may serve as a check point for control of mammary tumour metastasis and that phytochemical Q2-3 can efficiently promote such anticancer activities. ..
- Ooi H, Wang W, Tu C, Chang H, Chen C. Natural mass infection by heterophyid metacercariae in aquacultured Japanese eel in Taiwan. Dis Aquat Organ. 1999;35:31-6 pubmed..However, the number of the metacercariae ranged from 1 to 14, with an average of 4.21. This is the first report of heterophyid metacercariae causing mass morbidity in aquacultured eels. ..
- Teng P, Lee P, Lee F, Chien H, Chen M, Sung P, et al. Detection of infectious hypodermal and hematopoietic necrosis virus (IHHNV) in Litopenaeus vannamei by ramification amplification assay. Dis Aquat Organ. 2006;73:103-11 pubmed..vannamei as targets, results revealed that RAM amplified target DNA with similar sensitivity as PCR. RAM offers competitive levels of speed, simplicity and sensitivity among various pathogen diagnostic methods. ..
- Liou Y, Chao H. Fluorescence spectroscopic analysis of the proximity changes between the central helix of troponin C and the C-terminus of troponin T from chicken skeletal muscle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1774:466-73 pubmed..These results suggest that TnI plays an essential role in the Ca(2+) -mediated change in the spatial relationship between the C-lobe of TnC and the C-terminus of TnT. ..
- Fang H, Lai J, Lin W, Lin W. A fermented substance from Aspergillus phoenicis reduces liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1154-61 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that FSAP partially reduced the liver fibrosis in rats induced by CCl(4). ..
- Shyu W, Liu D, Lin S, Li W, Su C, Chang Y, et al. Implantation of olfactory ensheathing cells promotes neuroplasticity in murine models of stroke. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2482-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the upregulation of SDF-1alpha and the enhancement of CXCR4 and PrP C interaction induced by hOEC/ONF implantation mediated neuroplastic signals in response to hypoxia and ischemia. ..
- Chen S, Yang C, Chien C. Colorectal distension enforce acute urinary bladder distension-induced hepatic vasoconstriction in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2008;443:257-60 pubmed publisher..CRD exerts different cross-talk effects to influence AUBD-evoked bladder contractions and vesicovascular reflex. ..
- Weng C, Chau C, Yen G, Liao J, Chen D, Chen K. Inhibitory effects of ganoderma lucidum on tumorigenesis and metastasis of human hepatoma cells in cells and animal models. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:5049-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the lucidenic acid-rich GLE could serve as a chemopreventive agent for the tumorigenesis and metastasis of highly invasive hepatoma cells. ..
- Wu J, Chen P, Shien J, Shyu C, Shieh H, Chang F, et al. Analysis of the biosynthesis genes and chemical components of the capsule of Avibacterium paragallinarum. Vet Microbiol. 2010;145:90-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the existence of different genotypes of capsule biosynthesis genes in Av. paragallinarum and the presence of chondroitin and heparosan as chemical components of the capsule of Av. paragallinarum...
- Hseu Y, Huang H, Hsiang C. Antrodia camphorata suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced nuclear factor-kappaB activation in transgenic mice evaluated by bioluminescence imaging. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:2319-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, A. camphorata attenuated the productions of LPS-induced TNF-alpha and IL-1beta in serum from transgenic mice. We report the first confirmation of the anti-inflammatory action in vivo of this potentially beneficial mushroom. ..
- Chiang Y, Shaw H, Yang M, Huang C, Hsieh C, Chao P. Dietary oxidised frying oil causes oxidative damage of pancreatic islets and impairment of insulin secretion, effects associated with vitamin E deficiency. Br J Nutr. 2011;105:1311-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a high level of dietary OFO ingestion impairs glucose metabolism by causing oxidative damage and compromising insulin secretion in pancreatic islets, and that these effects can be prevented by vitamin E supplementation. ..
- Chen B, Lin D, Wu C, Teng M, Sun C, Tsai Y, et al. Dietary zerumbone prevents mouse cornea from UVB-induced photokeratitis through inhibition of NF-?B, iNOS, and TNF-? expression and reduction of MDA accumulation. Mol Vis. 2011;17:854-63 pubmed..This study aims to determine the effect of zerumbone, a potent NF-?B inhibitor and inflammation modulators, on UVB-induced corneal damages in a mouse model...
- Hsieh Y, Chou L, Joe Y, Hong C. Spinal cord mechanism involving the remote effects of dry needling on the irritability of myofascial trigger spots in rabbit skeletal muscle. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92:1098-105 pubmed publisher..This remote effect of dry needling depends on an intact afferent pathway from the stimulating site to the spinal cord and a normal spinal cord function at the levels corresponding to the innervation of the proximally affected muscle. ..
- Wang Y, Li C. Evolutionarily conserved protein arginine methyltransferases in non-mammalian animal systems. FEBS J. 2012;279:932-45 pubmed publisher..Studies in the model systems not only complement the understanding of the functions of PRMTs in mammals, but also provide valuable information about their evolution, as well as their critical roles and interplays. ..
- Li C, Chu C, Huang L, Wang M, Sheu L, Yeh J, et al. Synergistic anticancer activity of triptolide combined with cisplatin enhances apoptosis in gastric cancer in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Lett. 2012;319:203-213 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that lower concentrations of cisplatin and triptolide used in combination may produce a synergistic anticancer effect that warrants further investigation for its potential clinical applications. ..
- Lin C, Lee H, Lee S, Lee W, Cho C, Lin S, et al. Role of HIF-1?-activated Epac1 on HSC-mediated neuroplasticity in stroke model. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;58:76-91 pubmed publisher..We have discovered a HIF-1?-to-Epac1-to-MMP signaling pathway that is required for the improved therapeutic efficacy resulting from hypoxia preconditioning of hUCB(34) in vitro prior to their implantation into the host brain in vivo. ..
- Lai C, Tsai C, Kuo W, Ho T, Day C, Pai P, et al. Multi-Strain Probiotics Inhibit Cardiac Myopathies and Autophagy to Prevent Heart Injury in High-Fat Diet-Fed Rats. Int J Med Sci. 2016;13:277-85 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that oral administration of probiotics may attenuate cardiomyocyte fibrosis and cardiac hypertrophy and the autophagy-signaling pathway in obese rats. ..
- Hsueh P, Li K. Additions of new species to <i>Thelepus</i> (Thelepodidae), with description of a new <i>Terebellides</i> (Trichobranchidae) from Taiwan. Zootaxa. 2017;4244:429-439 pubmed publisher..nov., which was collected from an offshore monitoring survey in northwestern Taiwan. The genus Terebellides as well as the Family Trichobranchidae are reported for the first time from Taiwanese waters. ..
- Maa M, Lai J, Lin R, Leu T. Enhancement of tyrosyl phosphorylation and protein expression of eps8 by v-Src. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1450:341-51 pubmed..Since p97eps8 has been implicated in mitogenesis and tumorigenesis, its readiness to be phosphorylated and induced by v-Src might attribute to v-Src-mediated transformation. ..
- Hsieh M, Kuo L, Tsai F, Wang W, Wu C. Effects of puerarin on scopolamine-, mecamylamine-, p-chloroamphetamine- and dizocilpine-induced inhibitory avoidance performance impairment in rats. Planta Med. 2002;68:901-5 pubmed
- Chen Y, Chuang Y, Chang C, Jeang C, Chang M. A K+ yptake protein, TrkA, is required for serum, protamine, and polymyxin B resistance in Vibrio vulnificus. Infect Immun. 2004;72:629-36 pubmed
- Hsieh M, Yao Y, Lai I, Yang W. Transcriptional repression activity of PAX3 is modulated by competition between corepressor KAP1 and heterochromatin protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:573-81 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that Pax3 represses transcription through a novel mechanism involving competition between corepressor KAP1 and the heterochromatin-binding protein HP1gamma. ..
- Kao S, Chen C, Wang S, Yang J, Hung W, Chen Y, et al. Identification of phostensin, a PP1 F-actin cytoskeleton targeting subunit. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:594-8 pubmed..Taken together, our data shows that phostensin targets PP1 to F-actin cytoskeleton. The phostensin/PP1 complex may play a vital role in modulation of actin rearrangements. ..
- Yu F, Yang J, Lin H, Yu C, Tan T, Lin Y, et al. Berberine inhibits WEHI-3 leukemia cells in vivo. In Vivo. 2007;21:407-12 pubmed..The weights of spleen samples from mice treated with berberine were found to be lower when compared to these from untreated animals. ..
- Tzang B, Chiang S, Lai W, Tsai C, Wu J, Hsu T. Treatment with cystamine reduces apoptosis in liver from NZB/W F1 mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:589-96 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of NF-kappaB (p65) could be a possible mechanism involving anti-apoptotic effects of cystamine in liver from NZB/W F1 mice...
- You W, Lin W, Huang J, Hsieh C. Indigowood root extract protects hematopoietic cells, reduces tissue damage and modulates inflammatory cytokines after total-body irradiation: does Indirubin play a role in radioprotection?. Phytomedicine. 2009;16:1105-11 pubmed publisher..Indirubin may play a crucial role, but the underlying mechanism is not very clear and warrants further studies...
- Hsieh C, Lee C, Liang J, Yu C, Shyu W. Cycling hypoxia increases U87 glioma cell radioresistance via ROS induced higher and long-term HIF-1 signal transduction activity. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:1629-36 pubmed
- Chen K, Kuo E, Poon K, Cheng K, Chang C, Liu Y, et al. Increase in Evans blue dye extravasation into the brain in the late developmental stage. Neuroreport. 2012;23:699-701 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found a specific increase in EBD extravasation in the mature forebrain, and the protocol that we used may be a good template for studying developmental disruption of the BBB...
- Kumar K, Vani M, Wang S, Liao J, Hsu L, Yang H, et al. In vitro and in vivo studies disclosed the depigmenting effects of gallic acid: a novel skin lightening agent for hyperpigmentary skin diseases. Biofactors. 2013;39:259-70 pubmed publisher..Results presented in this study strongly suggest that GA is an effective de-pigmenting or skin lightening cosmetics for topical application. ..
- Huang B, Tsai C, Lin H, Tseng W, Huang S, Wu C, et al. Interaction of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses in microglia by Staphylococcus aureus-derived lipoteichoic acid. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;269:43-50 pubmed publisher..HO-1 activator CoPP IX dramatically reversed LTA-induced iNOS expression. Our results provided mechanisms linking LTA and inflammation/anti-inflammation, and indicated that LTA plays a regulatory role in microglia activation...
- Lee W, Lan K, Chou C, Yi Y, Chen W, Pan H, et al. Tpl2 inhibitors thwart endothelial cell function in angiogenesis and peritoneal dissemination. Neoplasia. 2013;15:1036-48 pubmed..These results suggest that the therapeutic inhibition of Tpl2 may extend beyond cancer and include the treatment of other diseases involving pathologic angiogenesis. ..
- Yu F, Yang J, Yu C, Chiang J, Lu C, Chung H, et al. Safrole suppresses murine myelomonocytic leukemia WEHI-3 cells in vivo, and stimulates macrophage phagocytosis and natural killer cell cytotoxicity in leukemic mice. Environ Toxicol. 2013;28:601-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, safrole altered the immune modulation and inhibited the leukemia WEHI-3 cells in vivo...
- Ku C, Lin J. Farnesol, a sesquiterpene alcohol in essential oils, ameliorates serum allergic antibody titres and lipid profiles in ovalbumin-challenged mice. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2016;44:149-59 pubmed publisher..Our results evidenced that farnesol supplementation might improve serum allergic antibody titres and lipid profiles in asthmatic mice. ..
- Pai P, Lai C, Lin C, Liou Y, Huang C, Lee S. Effect of superoxide anion scavenger on rat hearts with chronic intermittent hypoxia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:982-90 pubmed publisher..The superoxide anion scavenger may prevent chronic sleep apnea-enhanced cardiac apoptotic pathways and enhances cardiac survival pathways. ..
- Chang N, Shie M, Lee K, Chou P, Lin C, Chu C. Can Early Rehabilitation Prevent Posttraumatic Osteoarthritis in the Patellofemoral Joint after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture? Understanding the Pathological Features. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The early TRE program, however, had harmful outcomes. Additionally, inactivity was discovered to initiate the development of PTOA. ..
- Chen Y, Wu C, Yao C, Chen C. Ginsenoside Rb1 enhances peripheral nerve regeneration across wide gaps in silicone rubber chambers. Int J Artif Organs. 2002;25:1103-8 pubmed..This study showed that the GRb1 could exert a positive influence on nerve regeneration when using silicone rubber tubes...
- Shieh H, Shien J, Chou H, Shimizu Y, Chen J, Chang P. Complete nucleotide sequences of S1 and N genes of infectious bronchitis virus isolated in Japan and Taiwan. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:555-8 pubmed..This result high lightens the importance of development of vaccines based on the local strains of IBV. ..
- Chyi T, Wang S, Gong C, Lin S, Cheng V, Kuo J. Preganglionic neurons of the sphenopalatine ganglia reside in the dorsal facial area of the medulla in cats. Chin J Physiol. 2005;48:31-40 pubmed..They may be also important in regulation of the cerebral blood flow. ..
- Chen C, Ou Y, Liao S, Chen W, Chen S, Wu C, et al. Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells for peripheral nerve repair. Exp Neurol. 2007;204:443-53 pubmed..These results taken together, in addition to documented Schwann cell-like differentiation, provide evidence indicating the strong association of neurotrophic factor production and the regenerative potential of implanted BMSCs. ..
- Chau C, Yang P, Yu C, Yen G. Investigation on the lipid- and cholesterol-lowering abilities of biocellulose. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:2291-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that biocellulose could be a promising low-calorie bulking ingredient for the development of novel fiber-rich functional foods of different forms such as powder, gelatinous, or shred forms...
- Tzang B, Chen D, Tsai C, Chiang S, Lin T, Hsu T. Human parvovirus B19 nonstructural protein NS1 enhanced the expression of cleavage of 70 kDa U1-snRNP autoantigen. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:40 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested crucial association of B19-NS1 in development of autoimmunity by inducing apoptosis and specific cleavage of 70 kDa U1-snRNP...
- Lai T, Chow K, Fang H, Cho H, Chen C, Lin T, et al. Expression of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group C protein predicts cisplatin resistance in lung adenocarcinoma patients. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:1243-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that XPC expression predicts drug resistance in LADC. ..
- Hsu F, Chen M, Chiang M, Lin E, Lee Y, Huang P, et al. Regulation of androgen receptor and prostate cancer growth by cyclin-dependent kinase 5. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33141-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Cdk5 is an important modulator of AR and contributes to prostate cancer growth. Therefore, Cdk5-p35 may be suggested as diagnostic and therapeutic targets for prostate cancer in the near future. ..
- Lee C, Lai Y, Chang H, Liao J, Shyu W, Li C, et al. Inhibition of high-mobility group box 1 in lung reduced airway inflammation and remodeling in a mouse model of chronic asthma. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:940-9 pubmed publisher..The results showed that increase in HMGB1 release and expression in the lungs could be an important pathological mechanism underlying chronic allergic asthma and HMGB1 might a potential therapeutic target for chronic allergic asthma. ..
- Tsai H, Shyu L, Lim S, Tyan Y, Weng J. Characterizing longitudinal changes in rabbit brains infected with Angiostrongylus Cantonensis based on diffusion anisotropy. Acta Trop. 2016;157:1-11 pubmed publisher..cantonensis infection. This non-invasive MRI platform could be used to improve the management of eosinophilic meningitis or eosinophilic meningoencephalitis in humans. ..
- Wu C, Chang G, Chang W, Hsu C, Chen R. Wound healing effects of porcine placental extracts on rats with thermal injury. Br J Dermatol. 2003;148:236-45 pubmed..These results may provide the insight into the potential use of porcine placental extracts as an alternative medicine for accelerating wound healing. ..
- Chen P, Liu H, Shien J, Lee L. Antibody responses against avian reovirus nonstructural protein sigmaNS in experimentally virus-infected chickens monitored by a monoclonal antibody capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Res Vet Sci. 2004;76:219-25 pubmed
- Hsu C, Lin S, Liu F, Su W, Yeh S. Oral administration of a mite allergen expressed by zucchini yellow mosaic virus in cucurbit species downregulates allergen-induced airway inflammation and IgE synthesis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113:1079-85 pubmed..Our results suggest that oral feeding with allergen produced by the plant viral vector provides a novel approach for the therapy of allergic asthma. ..
- Tang C, Lu D, Yang R, Tsai H, Kao M, Fu W, et al. Leptin-induced IL-6 production is mediated by leptin receptor, insulin receptor substrate-1, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, NF-kappaB, and p300 pathway in microglia. J Immunol. 2007;179:1292-302 pubmed..Our results suggest that leptin increased IL-6 production in microglia via the leptin receptor/IRS-1/PI3K/Akt/NF-kappaB and p300 signaling pathway. ..
- Wu C, Lin L, Yang J, Chan M, Hsueh C. Attenuation of lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury by treatment with IL-10. Respirology. 2009;14:511-21 pubmed publisher..Time-dependent treatment with IL-10 after intra-tracheal instillation of LPS was effective in protecting rats from ALI, probably by suppressing pulmonary infiltration with activated neutrophils. ..
- Yeh C, Kao B, Peng H. Production of a recombinant type 1 antifreeze protein analogue by L. lactis and its applications on frozen meat and frozen dough. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:6216-23 pubmed publisher..Frozen dough treated with the rAFP showed better fermentation capacity than untreated frozen dough. Breads baked from frozen dough treated with rAFP acquired the same consumer acceptance as fresh bread. ..
- Huang S, Lee F, Kuo T, Yang J, Chien C. Attenuation of long-term Rhodiola rosea supplementation on exhaustive swimming-evoked oxidative stress in the rat. Chin J Physiol. 2009;52:316-24 pubmed..In conclusion, treatment of Rhodiola rosea extracts for 4 weeks could reduce swimming-enhanced oxidative stress possibly via the reactive oxygen species scavenging capability and the enhancement of the antioxidant defense mechanisms. ..
- Hu M. Dietary polyphenols as antioxidants and anticancer agents: more questions than answers. Chang Gung Med J. 2011;34:449-60 pubmed
- Hsieh M, Chang W, Hsu C, Nishimori I, Kuo C, Minakuchi T. Altered expression of carbonic anhydrase-related protein XI in neuronal cells expressing mutant ataxin-3. Cerebellum. 2013;12:338-49 pubmed publisher..Although the exact function of CA-RPs is still undefined in the central nervous system, our findings suggest that CA-RPs, especially CA11, may play specific roles in the pathogenesis of Machado-Joseph disease. ..
- Lin C, Wu C, Wei I, Tsai M, Chang N, Yang T, et al. Chronic treadmill running protects hippocampal neurons from hypobaric hypoxia-induced apoptosis in rats. Neuroscience. 2013;231:216-24 pubmed publisher..Ex-enhanced bioenergetic adaptation and anti-oxidative capacity may prevent neurons from hypoxia-induced apoptosis. Furthermore, activation of the BDNF signaling pathway may be involved in the Ex-induced protection. ..
- Hsieh Y, Lin J, Hung C, Li C, Lin S, Yeh H, et al. Gap junction modifier rotigaptide decreases the susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmia by enhancing conduction velocity and suppressing discordant alternans during therapeutic hypothermia in isolated rabbit hearts. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:251-61 pubmed publisher..Enhancing cell-to-cell coupling by rotigaptide might be a novel approach to prevent ventricular arrhythmias during TH. ..
- Hwang J, Wang C, Chou F, Tseng T, Hsieh Y, Lin W, et al. Inhibitory effect of berberine on tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced oxidative damage in rat liver. Arch Toxicol. 2002;76:664-70 pubmed..These results lead us to speculate that berberine may play a chemopreventive role via reducing oxidative stress in living systems. ..
- Chen Y, Chang M, Chuang Y, Jeang C. Characterization and virulence of hemolysin III from Vibrio vulnificus. Curr Microbiol. 2004;49:175-9 pubmed publisher..A hlyIII isogenic mutant was constructed via insertional inactivation and showed an attenuated virulence compared with the wild-type strain when this mutant was administered intraperitoneally in mice...
- Wu S, Chen S, Lai M. Methanofollis formosanus sp. nov., isolated from a fish pond. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:837-42 pubmed..Based on the data presented here, it is proposed that strain ML15(T) (=OCM 789(T)=DSM 15483(T)) represents a novel species, Methanofollis formosanus sp. nov. ..
- Lu M, Tzang B, Kuo W, Wu F, Chen Y, Tsai C, et al. More activated cardiac mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway in obese Zucker rats. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007;15:2634-42 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the key components of the mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway in excised heart from obese Zucker rats...
- Chen S, Dai S, Lu K, Chang C. Female-specific doublesex dsRNA interrupts yolk protein gene expression and reproductive ability in oriental fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:155-65 pubmed publisher..Although this is a transient treatment, the specific Bddsx(f) interference offers a promising and novel approach to oriental fruit fly control in the future. ..
- Wang P, Lin C, Hwang L, Huang C, Lee T, Hwang P. Differential responses in gills of euryhaline tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicus, to various hyperosmotic shocks. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;152:544-51 pubmed publisher..The success or failure of NKA activation from gene to functional protein as well as the development of specific SW subtype in gills were crucial for the survival of euryhaline tilapia to various hyperosmotic shocks...
- Tsai Y, Pan H, Hung C, Hou P, Li Y, Lee Y, et al. The predominant protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT1 is critical for zebrafish convergence and extension during gastrulation. FEBS J. 2011;278:905-17 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in the present study demonstrate a direct link of early development with protein arginine methylation catalyzed by PRMT1. ..
- Lin E, Lin W, Wang S, Chen C, Liao J, Chang H, et al. Flavokawain B inhibits growth of human squamous carcinoma cells: Involvement of apoptosis and cell cycle dysregulation in vitro and in vivo. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:368-78 pubmed publisher..The induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by flavokawain B may provide a pivotal mechanism for its cancer chemopreventive action. ..
- Wu C, Chen Z, Chen T, Liao J, Lin C, Chien M, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinases p38 and JNK mediate Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae exotoxin ApxI-induced apoptosis in porcine alveolar macrophages. Vet Microbiol. 2011;151:372-8 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to demonstrate that ApxI-induced apoptosis of PAMs involves the activation of p38 and JNK, and engages the extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic pathways. ..
- Deng J, Chi C, Huang S, Shie P, Lin T, Huang G. Antioxidant, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory activities of the ethanolic extracts of Taxillus liquidambaricola. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:1161-71 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to determine the antioxidant, and analgesic activities and the mechanism of anti-inflammatory activities of the ethanolic extracts of Taxillus liquidambaricola (ETL) in cell and animal models...
- Chang Y, Tsai C, Lin C, Wang Y, Wang I, Chung T. Characterization of tetracycline resistance lactobacilli isolated from swine intestines at western area of Taiwan. Anaerobe. 2011;17:239-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, strain-subtyping of these isolates by REP-PCR demonstrated a notable genotypic biodiversity % (average = 62%). ..
- Chen Y, Hsieh P, Chen Y, Hung C, Cheng J. Physical exercise induces excess hsp72 expression and delays the development of hyperalgesia and allodynia in painful diabetic neuropathy rats. Anesth Analg. 2013;116:482-90 pubmed publisher..In rats, this protective effect is related to the increase of Hsp72, but not TNF-? and IL-6, expression in the spinal cord and peripheral nerves of STZ-induced diabetes. ..