Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm invasiveness in Taiwan
Topic: neoplasm invasiveness
- Huang B, Lin J, Chao T, Lin K, Hseuh C, Tsang N. Therapeutic outcomes of papillary thyroid cancer patients in different risk groups. Oncology. 2011;80:123-9 pubmed publisher..The cancer-related mortality was nearly 10% in the intermediate- and high-risk groups, and the patients in these groups required aggressive surgical and postoperative adjuvant therapies. ..
- Liang T, Kuo S, Wang C, Chen W, Hsu C, Lai S, et al. Adverse prognosis and distinct progression patterns after concurrent chemoradiotherapy for glioblastoma with synchronous subventricular zone and corpus callosum invasion. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:16-23 pubmed publisher..001), and 38.9% and 13.9% (p=0.006), respectively. The sSVZCC invasion status determined the distinct prognosis and progression areas of glioblastoma, which suggests individualized radiotherapy and drug administration strategies. ..
- Lin K, Wang W, Wu Y, Cheng S. Activation of antimetastatic Nm23-H1 gene expression by estrogen and its alpha-receptor. Endocrinology. 2002;143:467-75 pubmed..These results suggest that E2 could suppress tumor metastasis by activating the expression of the Nm23-H1 gene. ..
- Tsui K, Lin Y, Chung L, Chuang S, Feng T, Chiang K, et al. Prostate-derived ets factor represses tumorigenesis and modulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in bladder carcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2016;375:142-151 pubmed publisher..The induction of BTG2, NDRG1, MASPIN, and KAI1 gene expressions by PDEF may explain the inhibitory functions of PDEF on the proliferation, invasion, and tumorigenesis in bladder carcinoma cells. ..
- Tsui K, Chang Y, Feng T, Chang P, Juang H. Glycoprotein transmembrane nmb: an androgen-downregulated gene attenuates cell invasion and tumorigenesis in prostate carcinoma cells. Prostate. 2012;72:1431-42 pubmed publisher..The enhancement of Ndrg1 and maspin gene expressions may account for the anti-proliferative and anti-invasive function of GPNMB in PC-3 cells. ..
- Lin L, Li C, Wang W, Yang W, Wang D, Chang W, et al. Loss of ZBRK1 contributes to the increase of KAP1 and promotes KAP1-mediated metastasis and invasion in cervical cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73033 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the current results indicate that a loss of ZBRK1 contributes to the increased expression of KAP1, potentiating its role to enhance metastasis and invasion. ..
- Chiang K, Hsu S, Lin S, Yeh C, Pang J, Wang S, et al. PTEN Insufficiency Increases Breast Cancer Cell Metastasis In Vitro and In Vivo in a Xenograft Zebrafish Model. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3997-4005 pubmed..We further showed that PTEN knockdown in MCF-7 cells could increase cell migration in the xenograft zebrafish model. Our findings reveal new therapeutic targets for breast cancer patients with PTEN insufficiency. ..
- Kuo Y, Lu S, Chen C, Cheng Y, Lin C, Hung C, et al. Hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance and appropriate treatment options improve survival for patients with liver cirrhosis. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:744-51 pubmed publisher..2%, p<0.001). HCC surveillance for cirrhotic patients could detect HCC at early and curative stages. However, appropriate treatment options following AASLD guideline further improve the survival for patients in early stage. ..
- Hsieh S, Huang S, Yu M, Yeh T, Chen T, Lin Y, et al. Stathmin1 overexpression associated with polyploidy, tumor-cell invasion, early recurrence, and poor prognosis in human hepatoma. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:476-87 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of STMN1 promoted polyploidy formation, tumor-cell invasion, and intrahepatic metastasis, suggesting that STMN1 can be a target for anti-cancer therapy of human hepatoma. ..
- Wu Z, Lien J, Huang Y, Liao C, Lin J, Fan M, et al. Casticin Inhibits A375.S2 Human Melanoma Cell Migration/Invasion through Downregulating NF-ÎºB and Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and -1. Molecules. 2016;21:384 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, casticin could be used as an inhibitor of migration and invasion of human melanoma cells in the future. ..
- Weng C, Yen G. Chemopreventive effects of dietary phytochemicals against cancer invasion and metastasis: phenolic acids, monophenol, polyphenol, and their derivatives. Cancer Treat Rev. 2012;38:76-87 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that the daily consumption of natural dietary components that are rich in phenolics could be beneficial for the prevention of cancer metastasis. ..
- Chang K, Kao H, Yen T, Chang Y, Liang Y, Liu S, et al. Overexpression of macrophage inflammatory protein-3? in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma is associated with nodal metastasis. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:108-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that MIP-3? overexpression in OSCC is associated with a poorer prognosis for patient survival and contributes to tumor metastasis. ..
- Zhong W, Liang Y, Wang C, Chang T, Lee W. Lovastatin suppresses invasiveness of anaplastic thyroid cancer cells by inhibiting Rho geranylgeranylation and RhoA/ROCK signaling. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2005;12:615-29 pubmed
- Huang A, Hsu S, Kuo C, Liao C, Lai K, Lin T, et al. Involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in the inhibition of cell invasion and migration through the inhibition of NF-[kappa]B by the new synthesized ethyl 2-[N-p-chlorobenzyl-(2'-methyl)]anilino-4-oxo-4,5-dihydrofuran-3-carboxylate (JOTO1007) in hu. In Vivo. 2009;23:613-9 pubmed..Overall, JOTO1007 inhibited NF-kappaB which then led to the inhibition of the MMP-2, -7 and -9 expression followed by the inhibition of migration and invasion in the Ca Ski cells. ..
- OuYang W, Liao Y, Chen P, Lu K, Yu C, Hsieh P. Hinokitiol suppresses cancer stemness and oncogenicity in glioma stem cells by Nrf2 regulation. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:411-419 pubmed publisher..These evidences suggest that treatment of hinokitiol significantly attenuates the hallmarks of GSCs due to downregulation of Nrf2 expression. Hence, hinokitiol may serve as a promising agent for the therapy of glioma. ..
- Tsui K, Chung L, Feng T, Chang P, Juang H. Upregulation of prostate-derived Ets factor by luteolin causes inhibition of cell proliferation and cell invasion in prostate carcinoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2812-23 pubmed publisher..The enhancement of PDEF expression, which induced BTG2, NDRG1 and Maspin gene expression, could account for the function of luteolin for antiproliferation and anti-invasion in LNCaP cells. ..
- Wu C, Lin Y, Hong J, Chuang C, Pang S, Liaw C. Prognostic value of complete response in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer undergoing concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:2605-10 pubmed..21; p=0.04). CR was the most important prognostic factor in muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Selected patients with stage IV bladder cancer could benefit from CCRT if a CR is achieved. ..
- Tseng H, Chen P, Kuo W, Wang J, Chu S, Hsieh Y. Antimetastatic potentials of Phyllanthus urinaria L on A549 and Lewis lung carcinoma cells via repression of matrix-degrading proteases. Integr Cancer Ther. 2012;11:267-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the inhibitory effects of PUE on the metastasis and growth of LLC cells in vivo were proven. These results indicate that PUE could be applied to be a potential antimetastatic agent. ..
- Tai K, Shieh Y, Lee C, Shiah S, Wu C. Axl promotes cell invasion by inducing MMP-9 activity through activation of NF-kappaB and Brg-1. Oncogene. 2008;27:4044-55 pubmed publisher..Together with previous data, our results provide a plausible mechanism for Axl-mediated tumor invasion and establish a functional link between the Axl and MMP-9 signaling pathways. ..
- Chang T, Yu S, Lin S, Hsiao Y, Chang G, Yang P, et al. Tumor suppressor HLJ1 binds and functionally alters nucleophosmin via activating enhancer binding protein 2alpha complex formation. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1656-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that HLJ1 switches the role of NPM1, which can act as tumor suppressor or oncogene, by modulating the oligomerization of NPM1 via HLJ1-NPM1 heterodimer formation and recruiting AP-2alpha to the MMP-2 promoter. ..
- Shih K, Yen H, Su W, Soon M, Hsia C, Lin Y. Fulminant Budd-Chiari syndrome caused by renal cell carcinoma with hepatic vein invasion: report of a case. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;21:222-4 pubmed publisher..The patient died of fulminant liver failure within 10 days after admission. The clinical scenario and rationale for the selected management are further discussed. ..
- Chen D, Chung Y, Yeh Y, Chaung H, Kuo F, Fu O, et al. Serum adiponectin and leptin levels in Taiwanese breast cancer patients. Cancer Lett. 2006;237:109-14 pubmed..Also, independent of the effect of BMI, the increased serum ratio of L/A may indicate the presence of aggressive breast cancers. ..
- Chang K, Wu C, Fang K, Tsai C, Chang Y, Liu S, et al. Serum levels of chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 9 (CXCL9) are associated with tumor progression and treatment outcome in patients with oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2013;49:802-7 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that CXCL9 is associated with tumor burden and aggressiveness of OSCC tumors and serum level of this ligand may be useful as a prognostic indicator. ..
- Tsai C, Yeh C, Chao Y, Chang H, Tseng C, Liu Y. Perineural invasion through the sheath in posttherapy esophagectomy specimens predicts poor survival in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1970-1976 pubmed publisher..The presence of PNI-TS after nCRT is associated with poor survival. A thorough assessment of distinct PNI patterns (i.e., PNI-TS versus PNI-SS) should be part of the routine post-nCRT histopathological work-up of ESCC patients. ..
- Liao C, Wu Y, Wu W, Chen C, Wu H, Lin Y, et al. Role of breast magnetic resonance imaging in predicting malignant invasion of the nipple-areolar complex: Potential predictors and reliability between inter-observers. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7170 pubmed publisher..MR images showed acceptable accuracy and impressive NPV, but low PPV in evaluation of malignant NAC invasion preoperatively. MRI finding of unilateral nipple enhancement was the most significant predictor of NAC involvement. ..
- Wu H, Lee T, Tee Y, Chen S, Yang S, Lee S, et al. Relationships of single nucleotide polymorphisms of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 and chemokine receptor 2 with susceptibility and clinicopathologic characteristics of neoplasia of uterine cervix in Taiwan women. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:1175-83 pubmed publisher..However, the SNP of its receptor, CCR-2, is not implicated in cervical cancer. ..
- Hsieh S, He J, Hsu C, Chen W, Bera R, Lin K, et al. Neuregulin/erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 3 autocrine loop contributes to invasion and early recurrence of human hepatoma. Hepatology. 2011;53:504-16 pubmed publisher..ERBB3 is a marker for the prediction of intrahepatic metastasis and early recurrence. ERBB3-dependent signaling is a candidate target for the treatment of microscopic vascular invasion and for the prevention of HCC recurrence. ..
- Wu S, Huang Y, Yeh C, Tsai M, Liao C, Cheng W, et al. Cathepsin H regulated by the thyroid hormone receptors associate with tumor invasion in human hepatoma cells. Oncogene. 2011;30:2057-69 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that CTSH overexpression in a subset hepatoma may be TR dependent and suggests that this overexpression has an important role in hepatoma progression. ..
- Lin M, Lin J, Hsu C, Juan H, Lou P, Huang M. GATA3 interacts with and stabilizes HIF-1Î± to enhance cancer cell invasiveness. Oncogene. 2017;36:4243-4252 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that GATA3 stabilizes HIF-1Î± to enhance cancer invasiveness under hypoxia and support the GATA3/HIF-1Î± axis as a potential therapeutic target for cancer treatment. ..
- Hsu P, Kao H, Chen H, Yen C, Wu Y, Hsu W, et al. Loss of CRNN expression is associated with advanced tumor stage and poor survival in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;147:1612-1618.e4 pubmed publisher..Loss of CRNN expression correlated with advanced tumor length, greater tumor invasion depth, lymph node metastasis, and poor survival in patients with ESCC. ..
- Huang S, Chuang W, Chen I, Liao C, Wang H, Hsieh L. EGFR protein overexpression and mutation in areca quid-associated oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma in Taiwan. Head Neck. 2009;31:1068-77 pubmed publisher..EGFR-targeted therapy might have some potential in AQ-associated OSCCs for their EGFR frequently overexpressed, although EGFR mutations were rare. However, the feasibility of TKIs in AQ-associated OSCCs needs further clinical testing. ..
- Yeh C, Pang S, Chen T, Wu R, Weng W, Chen M. Expression of ezrin is associated with invasion and dedifferentiation of hepatitis B related hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:233 pubmed publisher..HBV-HCC patients with ezrin over-expression were independently associated with tumor with smaller size, cirrhotic liver background, poor differentiation, and vascular invasion. ..
- Chou H, Chang H, Lai C, Ng K, Hsueh S, Wu T, et al. (18)F-FDG PET in stage IB/IIB cervical adenocarcinoma/adenosquamous carcinoma. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;37:728-35 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic and prognostic value of (18)F-FDG PET in cervical adenocarcinoma/adenosquamous carcinoma (AC/ASC) is unclear. The aim of this study was to assess the value of PET in the management of cervical AC/ASC...
- Chou C, Yang K, Chou F, Huang C, Lan Y, Lee Y, et al. Prognostic implications of miR-146b expression and its functional role in papillary thyroid carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E196-205 pubmed publisher..These results enhance understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in tumor aggressiveness in PTC, provide new prognostic biomarkers, and ultimately offer new leads for developing therapies for PTC. ..
- Chang K, Wu C, Chen H, Chen S, Peng P, Tsang N, et al. Identification of candidate nasopharyngeal carcinoma serum biomarkers by cancer cell secretome and tissue transcriptome analysis: potential usage of cystatin A for predicting nodal stage and poor prognosis. Proteomics. 2010;10:2644-60 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that analysis of both the cancer cell secretome and tissue transcriptome is a feasible strategy for efficient identification of novel NPC serum marker panel. ..
- Sung W, Wang Y, Cheng Y, Lee M, Yeh K, Wang L, et al. A polymorphic -844T/C in FasL promoter predicts survival and relapse in non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5991-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that FasL may be a molecular target for immunotherapeutic interventions to improve the clinical outcome of patients with NSCLC. This finding should be validated by another investigative group. ..
- Chiu C, Lin C, Lee L, Chen Y, Lu Y, Wang H, et al. Molecular chaperones as a common set of proteins that regulate the invasion phenotype of head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:4629-41 pubmed publisher..These molecules may serve as prognostic markers and targets for cancer drug development. ..
- Chou R, Lin S, Wen H, Wu C, Chang W. Epigenetic activation of human kallikrein 13 enhances malignancy of lung adenocarcinoma by promoting N-cadherin expression and laminin degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:442-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal the enhancing effects of KLK13 on tumor cell invasion and migration, and that it may serve as a diagnostic/prognostic marker and a potential therapeutic target for lung cancer. ..
- Lai K, Hsu S, Kuo C, Yang J, Ma C, Lu H, et al. Diallyl sulfide, diallyl disulfide, and diallyl trisulfide inhibit migration and invasion in human colon cancer colo 205 cells through the inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-2, -7, and -9 expressions. Environ Toxicol. 2013;28:479-88 pubmed publisher..DAS, DADS, and DATS inhibited NF-?B and COX-2 for leading to the inhibition of cell proliferation. Taken together, these results demonstrated that application of DAS, DADS, and DATS might serve as potential antimetastatic drugs. ..
- Lin R, Wang T, Hung R, Chuang Y, Chien C, Chang H. Tumor-induced endothelial cell apoptosis: roles of NAD(P)H oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1750-62 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that blocking the tumor-induced EC apoptosis is a potential way to prevent tumor metastasis. ..
- Chen Y, Chang J, Lee L, Wang H, Liao C, Chiu C, et al. DSG3 is overexpressed in head neck cancer and is a potential molecular target for inhibition of oncogenesis. Oncogene. 2007;26:467-76 pubmed..Inhibition of DSG3 significantly suppresses carcinogenic potential in cellular and in vivo animal studies. These findings suggest that DSG3 is a potential molecular target in the development of adjuvant therapy for HNC. ..
- Chen M, Lu M, Lin P, Chen P, Chen W, Lee K. The role of DNA methyltransferase 3b in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2012;118:4074-89 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the current results indicated that targeting this enzyme may be a promising strategy for treating esophageal cancer, as evidenced by inhibited aggressive tumor behavior and treatment resistance. ..
- Chiou G, Cherng J, Hsu H, Wang M, Tsai C, Lu K, et al. Cationic polyurethanes-short branch PEI-mediated delivery of Mir145 inhibited epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiation and cancer stem-like properties and in lung adenocarcinoma. J Control Release. 2012;159:240-50 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that miR145 acts as a switch regulating lung CSC-like and EMT properties, and provide insights into the clinical prospect of miR145-based therapies for malignant lung cancers...
- Huang J, Liang J, Huang H, Shen T, Chen H, Lin N, et al. Beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase III enhances malignant phenotypes of colon cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:543-52 pubmed..These results suggest that up-regulation of beta4GalNAc-T3 may play a critical role in promoting tumor malignancy and that integrin and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways could be involved in the underlying mechanism. ..
- Chou R, Wen H, Liang W, Lin S, Yuan H, Wu C, et al. Suppression of the invasion and migration of cancer cells by SERPINB family genes and their derived peptides. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:238-45 pubmed publisher..Forced re-expression of these anti-invasive SERPINB genes or application of the SERPINB RCL-peptides may provide a reasonable strategy against lethal cancer metastasis. ..
- Lin K, Gong J, Li C, Jang T, Chen W, Chen H, et al. Vav3-rac1 signaling regulates prostate cancer metastasis with elevated Vav3 expression correlating with prostate cancer progression and posttreatment recurrence. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3000-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide evidence that the Vav3-mediated signaling pathway may serve as a therapeutic target for prostate cancer metastasis. ..
- Lee K, Yeh M, Kao S, Hung C, Liu C, Huang Y, et al. The inhibitory effect of hesperidin on tumor cell invasiveness occurs via suppression of activator protein 1 and nuclear factor-kappaB in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Toxicol Lett. 2010;194:42-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Hesperidin might be a potent antiinvasive agent that suppresses the MMP-9 enzymatic activity via NF-kappaB an AP-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Lee H, Su M, Lo H, Wu C, Hu J, Lo D, et al. Cancer metastasis and EGFR signaling is suppressed by amiodarone-induced versican V2. Oncotarget. 2015;6:42976-87 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrated the role of versican v2 in EMT modulation and cancer suppression by amiodarone treatment. ..
- Fang C, Huang S, Wu C, Hsu H, Chou S, Tsai C, et al. The synergistic effect of chemical carcinogens enhances Epstein-Barr virus reactivation and tumor progression of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44810 pubmed
- Leu N, Chen C, Shy C, Lu C, Wu C, Chen D, et al. MR imaging of an infiltrating spinal epidural angiolipoma. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003;24:1008-11 pubmed
- Liao C, Tai P, Huang Y, Chen R, Wu S, Kuo L, et al. Regulation of AKR1B1 by thyroid hormone and its receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;307:109-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, T(3) regulates AKR1B1 gene expression via a TRE-dependant mechanism and associates liver cancer. ..
- Sheen Chen S, Zhang H, Huang C, Tang R. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in breast cancer: analysis with tissue microarray. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:1131-5 pubmed..The preliminary results about IGFBP-3 expression in breast cancer are intriguing and require further evaluation. ..
- Wu H, Wang H, Huang H, Lai C, Lee C, Soong Y, et al. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone type II (GnRH-II) agonist regulates the invasiveness of endometrial cancer cells through the GnRH-I receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-dependent activation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:300 pubmed publisher..In mammals, expression of GnRH-II is higher than GnRH-I in reproductive tissues. Here, we examined the effect of a GnRH-II agonist on the motility of endometrial cancer cells and its mechanism of action in endometrial cancer therapy...
- Chi H, Liao C, Huang Y, Wu S, Tsai C, Liao C, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor inhibits hepatoma cell migration through transcriptional activation of Dickkopf 4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:60-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that DKK4 upregulated by T3/TR antagonizes the Wnt signal pathway to suppress tumor cell progression, thus providing new insights into the molecular mechanism underlying thyroid hormone activity in HCC. ..
- Wang L, Pan S, Chang Y, Hung P, Kao S, Wang W, et al. MDA-9/Syntenin-Slug transcriptional complex promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion/metastasis in lung adenocarcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:386-401 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that MDA-9/Syntenin acts as a pivotal adaptor of Slug and it transcriptionally enhances Slug-mediated EMT to promote cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Lin Y, Chen H, Cheng S, Yeh D, Huang C, P eng F, et al. Methylation-silencing RCC1 expression is associated with tumorigenesis and depth of invasion in gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14257-69 pubmed..Loss of RCC1 expression is correlated with tumor differentiation and depth of invasion. These findings suggest that RCC1 may play a tumor suppressor role in gastric carcinoma. ..
- Chen R, Huang Y, Lin Y, Yeh C, Liang Y, Chen S, et al. Thyroid hormone promotes cell invasion through activation of furin expression in human hepatoma cell lines. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3817-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, T(3) regulates furin gene expression via a novel mechanism or in cooperation with TGF-beta to enhance tumor metastasis in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Huang S, Chang C, Huang C, Chang C. Histiocytic sarcoma - a case with evenly distributed multinucleated giant cells. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:683-9 pubmed..This case posed great difficulty in clinical and pathological diagnoses. Gross pictures, microscopic findings, and extensive immunostains are important for the differential diagnosis...
- Chang T, Tsai M, Gow C, Wu S, Liu Y, Chang Y, et al. Upregulation of microRNA-137 expression by Slug promotes tumor invasion and metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer cells through suppression of TFAP2C. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:190-202 pubmed publisher..Our findings add new components to the Slug-mediated regulatory network in lung cancer, and suggest that Slug, miR-137, and TFAP2C may be useful prognostic markers in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Lin C, Lin T, Wang H, Huang S, Fan K, Liao C, et al. GP96 is over-expressed in oral cavity cancer and is a poor prognostic indicator for patients receiving radiotherapy. Radiat Oncol. 2011;6:136 pubmed publisher..GP96 may serve as a novel prognostic marker of radiotherapy. However, further independent studies are required to validate our findings in a larger series. ..
- Yu Y, Yang P, Chuah Q, Huang Y, Peng C, Lee Y, et al. Radiation-induced senescence in securin-deficient cancer cells promotes cell invasion involving the IL-6/STAT3 and PDGF-BB/PDGFR pathways. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1675 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the molecular mechanisms for radiation-induced senescence in securin-deficient human breast cancer cells and for the SASP responses. ..
- Liao C, Yeh S, Huang Y, Chen R, Tsai M, Chen W, et al. Positive regulation of spondin 2 by thyroid hormone is associated with cell migration and invasion. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010;17:99-111 pubmed publisher..Together, these experimental findings suggest that spondin 2, which is regulated by T(3), has an important role in cell invasion, cell migration, and tumor progression. ..
- Shen C, Shee J, Wu J, Lin Y, Wu J, Liu Y. Combretastatin A-4 inhibits cell growth and metastasis in bladder cancer cells and retards tumour growth in a murine orthotopic bladder tumour model. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:2008-27 pubmed publisher..It inhibited cell migration in vitro and tumour growth in vivo. Hence, CA-4 intravesical therapy could provide another strategy for treating superficial bladder cancers. ..
- Liao Y, Ruan J, Lua I, Li M, Chen W, Wang J, et al. Overexpressed hPTTG1 promotes breast cancer cell invasion and metastasis by regulating GEF-H1/RhoA signalling. Oncogene. 2012;31:3086-97 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings definitively establish a role for hPTTG1 in activating the GEF-H1/RhoA pathway as a newly identified mechanism in breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Huang Y, Lai P, Wu C, Cheng C, Chiu T. TrkB antibody elicits cytotoxicity and suppresses migration/invasion of transitional cell carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:943-9 pubmed..These results indicate that TrkB blockade may be a new strategy for TCC therapy...
- Liu P, Liu W, Chang J, Chen Y, Liu Y, Kuo H, et al. MicroRNA-200c inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition, invasion, and migration of lung cancer by targeting HMGB1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180844 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrated that miR-200c could suppress EMT, invasion, and migration of NSCLC cells by downregulating HMGB1. ..
- Fan K, Wang H, Kang C, Lee L, Huang S, Lin C, et al. Treatment results of postoperative radiotherapy on squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity: coexistence of multiple minor risk factors results in higher recurrence rates. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;77:1024-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the treatment results of postoperative radiotherapy (PORT) on squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity (OSCC)...
- Chang K, Kao H, Liang Y, Cheng M, Chang Y, Liu S, et al. Overexpression of activin A in oral squamous cell carcinoma: association with poor prognosis and tumor progression. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:1945-56 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that activin A overexpression in oral squamous cell carcinomas is associated with patients' survival and may contribute to tumor progression and metastasis. ..
- Lai K, Liu C, Chang K, Lee T. Depleting IFIT2 mediates atypical PKC signaling to enhance the migration and metastatic activity of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2013;32:3686-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrates that IFIT2, a protein responsible for interferon stimulation, may prevent OSCC metastasis and serve as a valuable prognostic marker. ..
- Tsui K, Chang P, Feng T, Chung L, Hsu S, Juang H. Down-regulation of matriptase by overexpression of bikunin attenuates cell invasion in prostate carcinoma cells. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:1977-83 pubmed..In vitro and xenograft animal models indicated different metastatic characteristics between PC-3 and PC-J cells, suggesting that matriptase plays an important role in the metastasis of prostate cancer. ..
- Wang C, Lin K, Chen S, Chan Y, Hsueh S. Overexpression of SPARC gene in human gastric carcinoma and its clinic-pathologic significance. Br J Cancer. 2004;91:1924-30 pubmed..017). The 3-year survival of patients with lower expression of SPARC was significantly better than those with a higher expression (log rank P=0.047). These data indicate the potential of SPARC as a prognostic marker for gastric cancer. ..
- Chen L, Chen C, Liang Y, Tsang N, Chang Y, Hsueh C. A novel role for TNFAIP2: its correlation with invasion and metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:175-84 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that TNFAIP2 may serve as an independent prognostic indicator for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. ..
- Chen C, Lin R, Liu H, Chen C, Hung T, Huang W. Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor mimicking anterior mediastinal malignancy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;86:1362-4 pubmed publisher..It was completely resected and found to be an inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor. The patient was well and had no recurrence 6 months after surgery...
- Chiu C, Lin C, Lee L, Chen Y, Kuo T, Chang J, et al. Glucose-regulated protein 78 regulates multiple malignant phenotypes in head and neck cancer and may serve as a molecular target of therapeutic intervention. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:2788-97 pubmed publisher..Because knockdown Grp78 expression succeeds in the reduction of tumor growth and metastatic potential, this molecule may serve as a molecular target of therapeutic intervention for HNC. ..
- Wang T, Hsu S, Feng H, Huang R. Folate deprivation enhances invasiveness of human colon cancer cells mediated by activation of sonic hedgehog signaling through promoter hypomethylation and cross action with transcription nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:1158-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that folate deprivation enhanced invasiveness of colon cancer cells mediated by activation of Shh signaling through promoter hypomethylation and cross actions with the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Yu C, Chang K, Chang Y, Hsu C, Liang Y, Yu J, et al. Identification of guanylate-binding protein 1 as a potential oral cancer marker involved in cell invasion using omics-based analysis. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:3778-88 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively indicate that integrated analysis of the cancer secretome and transcriptome is a feasible strategy for the efficient identification of novel OSCC markers. ..
- Chang H, Chen C, Chou C, Liao Y, Huang M, Chen Y, et al. ?-1,4-Galactosyltransferase III enhances invasive phenotypes via ?1-integrin and predicts poor prognosis in neuroblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:1705-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that B4GALT3 predicts an unfavorable prognosis for NB and may regulate invasive phenotypes through modulating glycosylation, degradation, and signaling of ?1-integrin in NB cells. ..
- Huang S, Wei F, Liao C, Wang H, Lin C, Lo S, et al. Risk stratification in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma by preoperative CRP and SCC antigen levels. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:3856-64 pubmed publisher..It therefore has significant potential as a biomarker for risk stratification in OSCC. ..
- Matsuura I, Lai C, Chiang K. Functional interaction between Smad3 and S100A4 (metastatin-1) for TGF-beta-mediated cancer cell invasiveness. Biochem J. 2010;426:327-35 pubmed publisher..Because expression of both S100A4 and TGF-beta is highly elevated in many types of malignant tumours, S100A4 and Smad3 may co-operatively increase metastatic activity of some types of cancer cells. ..
- Chou T, Chen W, Lee A, Hung S, Shih N, Chen M. Clusterin silencing in human lung adenocarcinoma cells induces a mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition through modulating the ERK/Slug pathway. Cell Signal. 2009;21:704-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that CLU may regulate EMT and aggressive behaviour of human lung adenocarcinoma cells through modulating ERK signalling and Slug expression. ..
- Wang C, Wu T, Tsao K, Sun C. Serum TIMP-1 in gastric cancer patients: a potential prognostic biomarker. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2006;36:23-30 pubmed..Although it is not a good marker for diagnosis, elevated serum TIMP-1 level shows promise as a marker for prognosis in patients with gastric cancer. ..